4.6

1. Nov 26, 2014
    007 Legends had the potential to be a really great game but unfortunately it didn't even come close to that. The story wasn't good and the game was far too easy even on the hardest difficulties. The boss fights were boring, you have so much health that you feel invincible and because it's difficult to stay stealthy in this game, you will have to go in gunblazing most of the time which simply isn't very fun. The multiplayer was decent but it was plagued by glitches and a host migration system that didn't always work. The voice over work was also a mixed bag (Timothy Watson was awful as both James Bond and GoldFinger) and not being able to play as Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and Roger Moore was disappointing. 007 Legends was a very bland game that did not capture the feeling of being Bond at all and simply wasn't much fun to play. If you want a decent James Bond game for XBOX 360, you would do better with GoldenEye Reloaded, Bloodstone and Quantum Of Solace. Expand
  2. Nov 12, 2014
    007 Legends is definitely the worst James Bond title of the 360/Ps3 console cycle although it is not as unplayable as some reviewers made it out to be. As a James Bond fan, I found the premise to be fantastic. I've long thought that the film franchise itself should remake some of the older novels and films now that the producers have run out of Ian Fleming stories to base their movies off of. However, the designers ended up making some bizarre choices as to what films they decided to depict here. Goldfinger and On Her Majesty's Secret Service are natural fits. They are classic films regarded by James Bond aficionados as two of the best entries in the series. Moonraker and Die another Day are however among some of the WORST movies in the history of the franchise. I can only assume they chose Die Another Day because they wanted to include a movie for each Bond actor and it is the only Pierce Brosnan movie that has NOT been turned into a video game so far. The campy nature of Moonraker is very jarring compared to the no-nonsense toughness of the current iteration of cinematic Bond. I have fond memories about License to Kill but the drug-runner story is so generic that it's hard to milk any "Bondiness" out of the source material for this game. The Skyfall DLC seems rushed and unremarkable. Better choices for levels would have been the volcano base from You Only Live Twice, Kananga's voodoo lair from Live and Let Die, Scaramanga's funhouse island from The Man With the Golden Gun or Stromberg's submarine swallowing tanker from The Spy Who Loved Me. It's also a shame that Daniel Craig could not be talked into doing the voiceover her, making it even stranger that Bond's appearance is clearly modeled after him. Also the actor portraying Felix Leiter resembles NONE of the myriad performers who have portrayed the character over the last 50 years.

The gameplay itself ranges from unremarkable to downright broken. The stealth mechanic simply doesn't work, the quicktime fistfights are completely brainless, the driving sequences are depressingly bland and the large-scale battles are on-par with the first Call of Duty games.

James Bond is a perfect character for video games. He has a wide variety of skills, gadgets and weapons and his work takes him to exotic and dangerous locations. Whomever ends up with the license next should take a cue from the Hitman, Dues Ex, Far Cry, and Just Cause franchises and create a truly epic Bond game that allows him to trot the globe in cool vehicles armed with a bevvy of guns and gadgets. Hopefully, someone will get it right. Until then, steer away from this title unless you are a die hard Bond fan like me.
  3. Mar 30, 2014
    When I first played this game I was like WOW this game is really good but when I got about halfway through goldfinger I was like this isn't that fun... I mean you have to take these pictures of computers and it wasn't that fun. However online is AWESOME I mean I could play Xbox live for hours and not get bored. The only reason I would get this game would be for multiplayer.
  4. May 25, 2013
    Its not that bad of a game truthfully. Its fun in its own way, especially the MP. I did notice some of the issues critics said about the game: Buggy A.I. and pop ups, but those issues are partially noticeable to me. May not be as good as Goldeneye Reloaded, but its a fun Bond game for what it is.
  5. Jan 6, 2013
    This is a hideous game. Even the mere thought of spending money on this game, makes my pockets genuinely sad. 007 would shoot this game without even thinking twice. This game besmirches the name of James Bond and is a poor excuse for a generic shooter.

DEEKHEAD GAME.
  6. Jan 3, 2013
    007 Legends attempts to let the gamer relive 50 years of a masterpiece. With missions based on the movies themselves, it seems to be a necessity for any James Bond freak or player. However good the game may seem from any prospective, the masterpiece itself has some flaws. Some missions are extremely short. Some parts of a gameplay will be flawed with parts not from the actual movie. Extra things are added in, some to make the experience more exciting, but some make you think they actually tried to flaw it. However above all, the whole game itself is a fun, exciting, never boring game. With stealth marked right on and the combat to the max, 007 Legends might take the lead in best Bond game. And unlike some first person shooters witch have a hard to focus on plot (because there is to much killing and not enough plot) this game has an actual story in each movie level. I recommend this to players who want a fun action packed game, and with plenty violence, but with a good story. Expand
  7. Dec 24, 2012
    This has to be the most boring FPS I've ever played. It's basically just Call of Duty 4 with James Bond slapped onto it. Only played the first two levels since it was so tedious to play, the Friendly A.I kept on pushing me out of cover as if they were against me!
  8. Nov 20, 2012
    Some thrills, but mostly a boring, confusing, painful to look at game with a storyline that will put you to sleep, if you can even piece it together. I have seen better story lines on commercials, and not just TV commercials, even billboards can have better story, and I do mean that literally. I rented this game from a redbox machine, and I am so glad I didn't buy it. At least its only $2.00 per day instead of full price. Expand
  9. Nov 2, 2012
    I am personally a fan of the 007-games. Spanning from Golden-eye on the N64, Golden-eye Reloaded for the Xbox 360, and my biggest dirty secret is 007: Blood Stone is probably my most favorite 007 game ever made. This time around for the 50th anniversary, this game falls short hard. It's over ambitious, there's no depth, flow to the games storyline, or even the way the games mechanics work out. Things are often "vague" when trying to solve puzzles for key-cracking, safe-cracking. The storyline is very lackluster at best. What makes 007: Legends seem like an utter failure is that it's feels pieced together with Scotch tape instead of Duct Tape. The storyline is, well, there isn't really one to follow. The mechanics of the game are buggy, and frustrating. And then the gameplay aspect is just downright frustrating. The enemies just keep coming at you, with what seems unlimited health, while you the player are made to suffer through this abomination. It's a failure on both the developers part, and the publishers part. This game isn't fun, but torture. I say that because, simply, you are driven through the most linear fps shooter with a swarm of frustrating enemies that keep coming over and over. The only satisfaction that you can take away from this game might possibly be that some of the "level" designs are cool. That, and maybe the split screen multi-player. But even, the $60 for just split-screen isn't worth it.

If you want a good Bond game, this one won't do you justice. Skip it, and just wait for it to drop to bargain bin price in a few months. But, be warned, it's one frustrating game that tries to copy COD, and other successful FPS elements by slapping on arbitrary things that just make you wonder what was going on over at the publishing offices.
  10. Oct 29, 2012
    The game is not as bad as the reviews suggest. im playing on the hardest setting and it is a pretty good challenge. i believe this is better than the goldeneye remake. the game is not a world beater but then again mist games arnt. if your a bond fan get it. if not then still get it. The graphics i believe are better than dishonoured. i have even dropped this game to play legends. give it a go. i believe 7/10 does this game justice. the level design is excellent if on difficult setting. i love this game. stealth and action all rolled in to one Expand
  11. Oct 23, 2012
    How to say it in a nutshell? The game sucks. No more
  12. Oct 23, 2012
    bad game. everything in the game is far below to standard of most shooters out there.
    screen is too dark and i cant even see enemies 5 feet away from me
  13. Oct 19, 2012
    This game is a **** insult to James Bond franchise and complete waste of your money if you planning to buy or rent it. I wouldn't even pirate it !
  14. Oct 19, 2012
    I was really looking forward to 007 Legends since I'm a huge fan of 007 both the films and the games. But unfortunately, 007 Legends wins the title of the greatest disappointment of 2012. First, Daniel Craig isn't even in the game (they only used his likeness, not his voice). Speaking of the voice acting, it's as dull and uninspired as the one they did back in the late nineties when voice acting was still something new in games. Like the actors couldn't care. I'm not the kind of guy who compares every single shooter with Call of Duty. But it's hard not to compare 007 Legends with COD since every single aspect of its gameplay is identical. The stealth is awkward and you won't care if the guards spot you since it's much easier to go Rambo on them. The boss battles are the most scripted moments I've ever seen in a game. They don't have any challenge or sense of threat. By the end of them, you can simply put down your controller and see how the AI does everything for you. Supposedly, 007 Legends is a tribute to 007 in film, but it's more like a messed mash-up. When there's an iconic moment from a movie you feel the developers said "Hey! here's an iconic moment, moving on to the next" so they won't let you enjoy it. Every mission is a very synthesized version of a movie. Because of that, they missed some key scenes in them (Bond's infiltration of Sanchez's boat in Licence to Kill) or they last too short (Goldfinger's Aston Martin chase lasts less than 20 seconds). The guy who played Bond didn't even bother in saying "Bond, James Bond" when he was supposed to. The game doesn't even finish. You're supposed to wait for the Skyfall DLC to see its ending, so if you don't have an online connection you missed it. It's very obvious 007 Legends had an extremely rushed development, lacked the passion the creators spoke about in the interviews and why did EON approved this piece of trash with 007 name on it is beyond me. Not even worth for the Torrent. Expand
  15. Oct 16, 2012
    Don't believe the fake reviews - this is a really terrible game. The game mechanics are tired, the graphics suck, and it's extremely disconcerting to "relive" Jame Bond legendary experiences.. that not only never even happened, but take place in the present and star Daniel Craig. 007 Legends is more aptly-titled "Alternate Universe James Bond in a cheap CoD/Punch-Out Clone". Skip it.
  16. Oct 16, 2012
    Will this take the title of greatest 007 game? A definite no. But it is a solid game worth a play especially if you're a Bond fan. This happens to be exactly what Eurocom and Activision are aiming at. It's does a nice job of tying Daniel Craig's version of James Bond to the previous interpretations of 007 by expanding, perhaps a little too liberally from time-to-time, on the themes, stories, and locales of some of the most iconic films in the series. As a lifelong gamer and Bond fan, I find can find the fun in this game without trying and will continue to enjoy what it offers. Games in general will always be compared to the successful leaders (whether commercially or critically) in their genre, so for all of the comparisons to CoD I say "What FPS isn't compared to those these days?" But further to that point, 007 Legends does a nice job of making the player feel like Craig's Bond - gritty, fast-paced, action oriented - and the style of this games suits that just fine.

And for comparison's to one of my all time favorites, Goldeneye 007, I'll say this... That game did something rare in the gaming world; it changed the way we look at games, specifically FPS, and for those of us that are Bond fans we are simply all the more lucky that Goldeneye was the story chosen for that particular project and time. The most I can hope for in a Bond game is that it does justice to the character, not that it lives up to the legacy of Goldeneye 007. A legacy that over time we've probably all glamorized a bit too much...
  17. Oct 16, 2012
    Not the greatest game made, nor is it the best Bond game ever made. That said, this isn't a complete throw away like some reviewers are saying. I do like how they've had to re-imagine some of the older movies to fit with modern times. The multiplayer could be better if they can work on latency issues. That said, give it a try. I paid full price because I am a Bond fan to the core, but I imagine this will be down 20-30 bucks by Christmas. Expand
  18. Oct 16, 2012

1. Nov 26, 2012
    007: Legends plays like a generic shooter and doesn't even come close to a worthy tribute to fifty years of Bond movies. The game is just way too predictable, incohesive, uninspired, cheap and bland. If 007: Legends was a martini, it would be stirred, not shaken.
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    One of the weakest, most boring Bond games of all time. The brand deserves much better. [Christmas 2012, p.83]
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    But if anything is going to distract you from the mangling of classic Bond movies it will be the awful gameplay.