7.1

1. Sep 11, 2010
    Great arcade game only for 10 is good i got on the dotw for 400 and i love it i play it online all the time and a lot play online too.
  2. Jan 11, 2012
    Even though I'm not very good at the game it has almost endless replay value. The only problem is that online opponents ALWAYS try to hit your player every second of the game.
  3. Feb 21, 2011
    Overall I actually like the game and am satisfied with the purchase (unlike my NBA JAM purchase from EA and 50+ bucks for that 500mb game, ahah).

While this 3 on 3 Hockey game doesn't measure up with NHL 11 or anything, it's supposed to be a "break" from our more realistic style "sim" sport games. The graphics are crisp, and more importantly the game runs very smooth (good programming
    and game engine).

OVERA:LL: If you were a Wayne Gretzky Nintendo64 gamer like I was, you will really like this game... and will continue to think it's possible they just ported that n64 game or emulated it and now sell it, haha, which is obviously a stupid thought. It's 3 on 3 fast break'ish hockey, with simple gameplay that isn't too simple. I am a very tough grader, and no game ever gets a 10/10 from me because nothing is perfect to me, haha. 7/10 from me is like an 8.,,, game is a blast to play with old friends you used to play Gretzky 64 with,

Or, just get NHL 11 by EA,... I just got it and it rocks! (I feel bad for hating on EA for getting owned by 2k in the "Basketball" department.
  4. Oct 25, 2011
    I made this account just to express my views on this game. It is amazing! Every time I play 3 on 3 with friends we laugh the whole way through, until I win. It is the most consistent fun I have ever had with a game and 3 on 3 has stood the test of time. I don't no what compelled me to buy a hockey game, but I'm glad I did.

1. This tongue-in-cheek offshoot of EA's core NHL sim is a smooth zamboni ride that mixes goofy gameplay with razor-sharp control, just as "NBA Jam" did when it pioneered this genre over 15 years ago. [Mar 2009, p.83]
  2. NHL 3 on 3 Arcade can be fun in the right hands, albeit in very short bursts, but hardcore hockey fanatics aren’t likely to enjoy this simplistic title very much.
  3. Varying levels of seriousness in the users that gather to play 3 on 3 NHL Arcade in ranked or unranked online matches creates a fresh, party-style atmosphere that works within the confines of XBLA.