A World of Keflings Xbox 360

6.4

1. May 21, 2016
    my lil sister love it, play it many times and loved so much, i dont like it, but for her is ok, the missions many times get repetitive, and the multplayer need xbox live and cannot play of line, but for child is good
  2. May 12, 2016
    Its feels good to be a giant among men. This is the feeling you get while playing A World of Keflings, a game were you play as your (Xbox) Avatar. You quickly find yourself surround by all these tiny people called keflings. The Keflings are quite unorganized and they need your help. The game is pretty simple but if you're not in mood for a challenge this can be a decent game. OneIts feels good to be a giant among men. This is the feeling you get while playing A World of Keflings, a game were you play as your (Xbox) Avatar. You quickly find yourself surround by all these tiny people called keflings. The Keflings are quite unorganized and they need your help. The game is pretty simple but if you're not in mood for a challenge this can be a decent game. One which I find most enjoyable while playing co-op.

Although they may be in awe of your size they certainly don't mind asking you for favors or telling you what to do. Its not that they're bossy or anything, the characters are all quite funny. In fact the story is where this game really shines. There are many unique and funny characters from the king and his daughter, to the witch and pirate. They all talk funny and ask you to do some pretty ridiculous things.

Its your job to help the keflings build up their kingdom. This is accomplished by having the keflings gather resources used to build new buildings and structures. The keflings are hopeless without your input. Thankfully, all you have to do is pick one up and drop it off on the resources you want to collect or transport. After your factories and refineries have enough resources you can make the pieces you need for move advanced buildings.

This game reminds me a lot of an real-time strategy game without the combat. As weird as that might sound its still quite fun. It really is designed to be a laid back and relaxing experience. Its pretty incredible after you get a couple hours in and you have this huge city with a ton of keflings all moving around doing their own thing. It some sense it reminds me of The Sims, as in watching the progress your keflings make thanks to your efforts.

This game doesn't require a lot of its players. I can see how it may be boring for those more used to action oriented games. However, I think its nice just to take it easy once in awhile and enjoy a more narrative driven experience like this. Again, watching your domain grow is quite rewarding. Not to mention its always fun to meet the new characters and hear their requests. Its definitely a simple game overall but their is fun to be had.
  3. Feb 6, 2016
    A good experience overall, which reminded me a bit of the story Gulliver's Travels and Age of Empires, sans the attacking armies.
    POSITIVE POINTS
    Gameplay was rewarding and kept me interested The economy system and learning to make various materials was a good challenge Building and expanding was pretty enjoyable Short and Sweet Settings weren't bad DISLIKES Objectives
    POSITIVE POINTS
    Gameplay was rewarding and kept me interested
    The economy system and learning to make various materials was a good challenge
    Building and expanding was pretty enjoyable
    Short and Sweet
    Settings weren't bad

DISLIKES
    Objectives instructions were sometimes were hard to follow
    I'd wish there was just a speed toggle for unit movement, they were slow as hell, and that was ANNOYING
    The Avatar is kind of out of place as the giant, but only marginaly
  4. Jan 2, 2014
    Very good game.I've already spend 10 hours on it and still haven't grown tired of it.At first I was sceptical but then I lost myself in it. You get a lot for your money with this wonderful game.
  5. Dec 31, 2013
    Very enjoyable game, this sat in my arcade list for a long time without me touching it (not sure how I got it, is it free?). I finally booted it up and ended up getting addicted to it, playing through the entire thing in two days. It was a little short, but 7-8 hours is definitely not bad. It's very relaxing as it has no time limits or combat or anything like that, you can take your timeVery enjoyable game, this sat in my arcade list for a long time without me touching it (not sure how I got it, is it free?). I finally booted it up and ended up getting addicted to it, playing through the entire thing in two days. It was a little short, but 7-8 hours is definitely not bad. It's very relaxing as it has no time limits or combat or anything like that, you can take your time and enjoy the game. It has a cute sense of humor and makes a good couple jokes, the story obviously isn't the best in the world but it fits the game's silliness. Resource collection and building blueprints are both done pretty well. The AI can glitch up sometimes: some workers get stuck in a temporal loop walking back and forth, and the big Keflings that follow you around sometimes glitch and can't pick up building pieces. The command system (picking a Kefling up, putting him down on the resource you want him to collect, picking him up again, walking back to the appropriate resource collection building, dropping him again) is pretty redundant and annoying, but nonetheless this game is very entertaining if you just give it the chance! I'm probably going to get some DLC, I'm just skeptical of the playtime I'll get out of them, I'll definitely check out A Kingdom for Keflings! Expand
  6. Nov 4, 2013
    Best most addictive gam out, you can't find a better game, i played it for 7 hours straight with all my friends. It is better then any other game out.
  7. Aug 15, 2013
    I decided recently to play through this game again and I still enjoyed it. The locations and characters are charming, the gameplay is simple and progressive and it's a nice little casual experience to pick up and play. It's slightly on the short side but will give you a few good hours of entertainment.
  8. Nov 23, 2012
    Pretty boring game you pick up little villagers and tell them what to do, kinda like Sims meets Age of Empires. After boping all the villagers on the, I wanted to bop myself in the head, Dont recommend this game unless your a young girl or something.
  9. Oct 19, 2011
    A minimum of fun, game aimed at a younger audience, boring to play (apart from smacking some characters around, which gets old after a few minutes, which is literally the most fun I had in this game). Hardcore steer well clear, gamers aged 7-10 with not much gaming experience will probably enjoy it but that's about it.
  10. Jan 2, 2011
    too short, but entretaining :)
  11. Dec 26, 2010
    It's only down side is being a bit short for my liking. Aside form that this is a step in a better direction for Keiflings. Now let's see what the DLC is going to be like.
  12. Nov 23, 2012

1. Feb 22, 2011
    If you never get tired of the basic ideas at the core of every resource-based strategy game, don't mind unnecessarily cute (and occasionally lame) attempts at humor, and can get past some minor targeting issues then World could work to fulfill that tiny niche of XBLA resource management games.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Feb 20, 2011
    Same game, bigger map. [Mar 2011, p.103]
  3. Jan 18, 2011
    A World of Keflings is a little too shallow to really satisfy the true builders in the crowd, but if you've ever felt overwhelmed by Sim City and others of its ilk, AWoK's casual approach may be more your speed. Plus, the appeal of shooting Keflings out of musical cannons simply cannot be overstated.