7.9

1. JoeM.
    Oct 28, 2007
    Simply terrible "arcade" flight game forget all thoughs of a flight sim with this game dumbed down lackluster controls another sloppy game from Namco Bandai how many flops on next gen now namco ? calling this game a flight sim in any sense of the word or a "millitary simulation" is like saying ridge racer makes a good racing simulation.
  2. Oct 15, 2010
    I was surprised I got hooked up with the game so easily, the single player was enjoyable by it's variety of objectives, but it's followed by a dull story with many cliches. But hey, the multiplayer's a blast too!
  3. Mar 31, 2011
    The graphics and detail of the aircraft is utterly amazing, thats why it gets a 6. The story is entertaining even if it takes place in a fictional universe. Some of the missions can be very frustrating due to improbable flight mechanics of AI vehicles. A great example is the UAV mision with some sort of Flak cruise missles... not fun. Another is the airborne aircraft carrier stupid. LackThe graphics and detail of the aircraft is utterly amazing, thats why it gets a 6. The story is entertaining even if it takes place in a fictional universe. Some of the missions can be very frustrating due to improbable flight mechanics of AI vehicles. A great example is the UAV mision with some sort of Flak cruise missles... not fun. Another is the airborne aircraft carrier stupid. Lack coop also lowers the score greatly, the missions you get seem to be an after thought and not really worth the time. If I could get a do-over I would wait and get this used. Expand

1. The dogfighting, though, feels aimless unless you're playing with people who really know what they're doing: We predict it'll be the stomping ground of the uber-hardcore pilots. [Nov 2007, p.88]
  2. But if Fires of Liberation doesn't catch your eye, I'm not sure if any game of this ilk ever will. [Nov 2007, p.154]
    The realistic visual design married with the arcade controls make for a game that anyone can have fun with. This is the closest to the imaginary dream of being in Top Gun that most of us are ever going to get.