6.2

1. Oct 11, 2011
    "The new Ace Combat has the depth of a college freshman; there's just very little substance to be had." Pro: 1. This game is full of cinematography and in-game cuts that tantalizes even the oldest fan (at first). 2. Again, the visuals are fantastic. Cons: This cannot be real? The utter destruction of everything that has made Ace Combat what it is incarnated in Assault Horizons? What's obvious is that the game was revamped and reformatted to cater to the masses.

The zoomed in game model {and dumbed down} controls allows for a 20 second learning curve ( 5 of which are accounted in picking up the controller). For any fan of the old Ace Combat games, everything that was admired has been stripped out of this game - depth, storyline, a sense of accomplishment after a tough mission on a plane 15% in tact, and a weird sense of connection to your squadron. Ace Combat Assault Horizon proves little more that the zoom button on the camera works (hurray). Easily, the most annoying thing about the game is the zoomed in chase view, which can suddenly turn to dog fight mode in which literally require zero skill to shoot down an enemy plane.

For die hard fans like myself, I would suggest to stay away form this one.
  2. Oct 12, 2011
    While it can take some time for veterans of the series to adapt to the new "Dogfight Mode" the game overall has the stuff to take a place with the other great Ace Combats like Shattered Skies, The Unsung War, and The Belkan War. Now, yes the switch from the fictional universe of Strangereal to our very own Earth is a bit disappointing the story that is told is as wild and imaginative as any told in Strangereal. Mechanically the game is solid as a rock. The flight mechanics on planes are smooth and responsive and Dogfight Mode is surprisingly fun and useful. Things can get sticky when using an attack helicopter, but you don't use one often enough to get angry with it. The graphics are amazing. The planes look sleek and realistic and jaggies are far and few in between. Surprisingly the ground doesn't look like a low resolution composite image anymore, it actually looks realistic. The game has large amounts of replayability when it comes to 3 player co-op and 8v8 competitive multiplayer. Capital Conquest is a base defense game that requires a large amount of teamwork to win at. Overall while the game may have a few quirks, it is still the best Ace Combat game since The Belkan War. Expand
  3. Oct 18, 2011
    I'm a big fan of Ace Combat but I have to say that I'm greatly disappointed by Assault Horizon.
    The DFM (Dogfight Mode) or ASM (Air Strike Mode) destroyed the Ace Combat gameplay for me entirely by taking the controls of the planes away from me, placing me in a rail shooter sequence to show me some scripted events and effects. The destruction camera gets old especially quick and is
    distracting to the point it left me disoriented several times.
    I was not even able to pass on this â
  4. Oct 12, 2011
    One of the best soundtracks of 2011 by far, the combat is fast paced and exciting. Yes there's a little less depth to flying, but it's MUCH more accessible to the general audience. The story line is decent along with the voice acting.
  5. USG
    Nov 18, 2011
    Overall, this game is just bearable and nothing more. The developers ruined the series' foundations while making its inspiration too obvious. A mediocre inspiration does not result in an outstanding rebirth. Some nice features are preserved from older Ace Combat games, but most other features that resemble a horribly average first-person shooter to ruin its value and are extremely illogical and unrealistic. Whenever the "Mission Completed" screen pops up, a great amount of disappointment is felt in retrospect to Namco's previous titles. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon has many flaws that has been introduced in the new title. The story is extremely forgettable, with stereotypical characters that are given a little thought and lack any depth. Missions are just slammed together in order with no pause. This is complemented by some of the worst songs ever composed for an Ace Combat title which feel unfitting at times whose only goal is to resemble, possibly, the culture of the area the player is flying over but adds nothing to the battle. Some music is just noise. Even Namco has dropped the ball on such staples as radio chatter, with nothing interesting going on and voices are often drowned out on default settings throughout the story. The gameplay itself is also broken. The CRA mode and physics are painfully unrealistic. Anything that is airworthy can backflip, go figure. Forget about taking damage too, feel free to crash into the ground and let the plane's regenerative health do the job. The player does not need to worry about purchasing aircraft, they're presented with a selection with unlocked aircraft. Nobody can enjoy the more rewarding system of purchasing aircraft and using any type of aircraft the player desires for any mission. Not even briefings are present anymore, and the only scripted two scripted briefings or so are horribly uninteresting. Only a few times is the player allowed to land, which are during heavily-scripted sequences under stupid circumstances. Helicopter missions are completely mediocre and unrealistic and there's nothing special at all with the gunner missions that do not separate Assault Horizon from the rest of the crowd. In Assault Horizon, the player is bombarded with constant visual effects. They become irritating, distracting, and disorientating very quickly and also break the pace of the game worse than CRA mode. Once the animation ends, the player must re-orientate and wonder the point of the bells and whistles of the game. One very major negative aspect of the game is the inconsistencies in difficulty during story mode. Many sections are are breeze, but then the player smacks a section that is nearly impossible to complete, let alone achieve a high rank on. The missions do not become progressively harder, either. About all that has been an improvement are the graphics which is expected. The multiplayer does not stand out in particular itself, although it has been improved from Ace Combat 6. Overall, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon is not an enjoyable game and a failure in retrospect to many previous titles. Namco has also failed at marketing it towards western audiences. Expand
  6. Nov 3, 2011
    The additions of gunships and helicopters is great but I believe the jet combat is a lot worse. The dog fight mode is a great idea but it feels way to scripted. If an enemy is tailing you it is difficult to lose them without entering a dogfight. The jets appear to have the ability to stop and turn around. Even though your flare count is restricted the enemies doesn't seem to be. I'm a big ace combat fan but i will not be buying this game. It was very disappointing. I like that they were trying to do something different and i enjoyed the helicopter missions a lot but the jet combat was ruined. Expand
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    Pros: 1) The graphics and sounds are absolutely incredible. Great script, the voice acting felt natural, aircraft (visually speaking) were spot on. Pretty much standard fair in the graphics and sound department, aka "top of the top notch."

Cons: WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO MY FLIGHT CONTROLS?!?!? I can't even roll! And whats with the zoom autopilot dog fights? It takes everything (and I
    sincerely mean everything) that was fun about the franchise right out of the game. Seriously, devote Ace Combat fans will sorely hate this game. You know what? Why am I even writing this? Everyone who would benefit from this review already took the game to the desert for target practice. Seriously, the only fun I had in the game was the 15 minutes I had in the Blackhawk, and MW2 did this better, so why bother playing this game in the first place?

This is the last Ace Combat I will ever buy, until they bring back ye old school gameplay. Take your graphics and cutscenes and shove it.
  8. Jan 2, 2012
    Whee, a flight game where you don't even fly. On-rails "flight" game. Awesome. All it asks you to do ever is hold down the gun button and occasionally fire a missile. Absolute garbage.
  9. May 10, 2012
    Huge downgrade in the series. They took the flight out of the game completely. If you're going up against a boss, you HAVE to use the dog fight mode. Even some of the weaker targets require dog fight mode to take down. Dog fight mode was a garbage addition to the game, and needs to be removed. And thank god for all the Call of Duty fanboys trying to turn this series into CoD: The helicopter missions that CoD style gameplay now seems to require has been added, is dreadfully buggy, boring, and lacks any skill to really complete...needs to be removed also. The developers decided it was a good idea to put in random mini-cut scenes whenever you do something, so that way you get disoriented when you come out of it, and usually screw up whatever it was you were doing before (i.e. youre in a bombing run and then over run your target cuz of cutscene). Some of the missions are painfully hard for absolutely no reason at all, and your "allies" just fly in circles while every aircraft on the map lights you up. In Ace Combat 6 I understood it, you can call them in for help at some point, so why should they help you if you can call in their unreasonable firepower using a skill meter bar? Now they are just on the map for no reason at all, while every single enemy aircraft is shooting at you. You will do 90% of the work on any mission, without exception. Thankfully, your enemy can enter into dog fight mode behind you which is unreasonably difficult to escape, so that way its easier to get shot down (remove dog fight mode!!). Dog fight mode in general is your plane on rails, following another plane through unreasonably unrealistic maneuvers...oh and planes can do backflips now. Soundtrack left me uninspired, and I felt so disconnected from the story that I barely know what's going on. In Ace Combat 6 I was excited to fight for a country that didn't exist (as cheesy as it was at times), to a soundtrack that was amazing...wtf happened?? CoD happened, and now every game has to be like CoD...rails, gay helicopter missions, etc etc. As far as visually, the graphics look OK, but the camera likes to move all over the place. Besides the randomly generated cutscences that will throw you off, the camera is always in ridiculous spots way to close to the aircraft, so that way you can't see anything in front of you (if you fly in third person, which lets be honest, this is an arcade/sim, and we all want to appreciate the view of the aircraft we're flying). Firing machine guns will shift the camera in even closer, so that way 50% of your screen is taken up by the aircraft cuz the camera is shifted right next to the machine gun...god forbid the aircraft your chasing flys to the opposite side of your aircraft cuz you're gonna lose him. Pros:Graphics are OK, you get to blow stuff up, plenty of aircraft to choose from. Cons: Who thought it was a good idea to put helicopter missions in a jet game?? Dog fight mode forces you onto rails, Dog Fight mode is bad enough but the game forces you into dog fight mode for harder pilots making it unavoidable, story is bland, music is bland, camera work is god awful, allies are useless (you will do all the work), and I know this is supposed to be arcade style flight, but the flying maneuvers in this game have turned into the realism level of a cartoon. If you love the series, stay away from this as it will just make you mad and throw your controller, the previous installment into the series was a million times better (Ace Combat 6: Liberation of Gracemeria) Expand
  10. Feb 22, 2012
    Skip this game. Seriously, it is just an over glorified set of mini-games. The graphics, as good as they are, are not enough to save this travesty from being a waste of money. It was like the developers sat down, decided what made the last three Ace Combat games so good, and then intentionally left it all out. The story is weak. The piloting is restricted to an early 90's arcade game. If you are fan of the Ace Combat series, you will not be happy with this. Expand
  11. Oct 18, 2011
    I am here to say something about the difficulty of this game that most of people who are saying this game is too easy are misunderstanding in a wrong way. I would say, there are mainly two new factors which have changed the difficulty of Ace Combat. 1)"dogfight mode (DFM)" and 2)"automatic healing". I have beaten this game on the "Ace" mode which is most difficult so far on this game. Contrary to an opinion that this game is "too easy" or "no skill" which i saw many places on websites, it was absolutely NOT easy (i guess for most of you) even on the Elite mode. With the higher difficulty, tougher and smarter enemy AI would be against you and take your back so often. With the Ace mode, damage on your aircraft is NOT healed automatically anymore. Because of these, you would not be able to go on DFM and shoot enemy in a relax way anymore unlike "demo". Due to the new fighting style that you take the enemy's back and enemy takes your back, you would have more chance to be hit as well as you hit enemy. So because of this, depending on with or without automatic healing, the situation could be changed drastically. If you are hit in the early stage of the mission it could be almost impossible to beat the whole mission. (Actually, you would have to count on your skill which you obtained from previous Ace Combat as well) If you say this game is too easy, you must try on the Ace mode. I bet you it will definitely kick your ass and will result in your satisfaction. It will require you a new skill which is composed of the new style and old style. Therefor, i would say, this game must not be rated down due to choosing the difficulty in a wrong way. And I am expecting higher difficulty "Ace of Ace" would come like AC6.. Expand
  12. Nov 21, 2011
    A very in your face action game that tries too much to be like Call of Duty. Still fun with varied missions though the airplane flying seems a bit dumbed down. Overall a decent game.
  13. Mar 2, 2012
    War is hell, but this game is fun. The Ace Combat series has always been praised for being petty, fast paced and fun if you like flying games. And the newest installment to the franchise fulfills all the prerequisites nicely while also adding a few new features. Chief among them is the Dogfight Mode or DFM which became a crucial part to every facet of game play.

When you have matched
    speed and met a certain distance to an aircraft then you can enter DFM which lets a computer take the major controls while letting you still have some maneuverability and positioning. The music increases the tempo, and things get loud, fast, and very cinematic quickly. The game uses this to make cut-scenes scripted events that happen in DFM only. If you never enter DFM, then you may never see the set pieces like exploding oil fields and runways as well as seeing fellow pilots score kills and be shot down also. It gives you the feeling of flying through the dense city portion of Dubai without requiring you be a super proficient pilot.

But other planes can enter DFM on you, where you have to either outrun your attacker, or slow down and perform a Top Gun like maneuver and immediately turn the tables. You can deploy flares, and you have full control of your plane, and you can still attack targets normally; but the pilot on your six can make easy work of you if you donâ
  14. Jun 9, 2012
    Overall, I think Namco was trying to do too much to keep the franchise 'Fresh' and I can understand wanting to do that. But the thing of it is; they already had a winning equation with their past installments. Overall, I did enjoy the game, but it there were parts I found to be unacceptable for an Ace Combat game.
  15. Aug 27, 2012
    Don't get this game, it takes no skill to play and is a huge downgrade from p[previous ace combat games. I would recommend getting ace combat 6 it is much better. Hope the game designers go back to their old formula.
  16. Nov 18, 2012
    A genuinely disastrous attempt at a cashing in on 'Call-of-Duty Mania'. The developers really went out of their way to remove the individuality of the Ace Combat series, and created a mediocre, poorly designed game with no heart or personality.

Where the Ace Combat games used to exist in a fictional world, Ace Combat Assault Horizon brings you into the gritty new 'real world' of action.
    Where in previous Ace Combat games, you flew through tunnels, canyons and fjords, here you fly over the middle-eastern desert. Where the Ace Combat games used to have ridiculous, over-the top missions, like flying through tunnels that were closing in around you, and chasing a plane that could teleport away from your shots (AC3), or attacking a railgun the size of a small city (AC6), here you hear your teammates talk about Afghanistan, get betrayed by Russians, and bomb rebellious Arabs. Now of course it wouldn't be fair to criticise the game based purely on how it isn't like it's predecessors stylistically, but there are also elements of gameplay which have been removed. From the beginning of the previous installment on the xbox360 you had, for example, different flight formations for your teammates, you could even tell all of your allies on (often enormous) battlefields to focus fire on a set of targets, which was as stunning as it was satisfying. Here your wingmen follow you aimlessly, and your other allies fly around attacking invisible enemies, and almost completely ignoring anything to do with the mission objective. Actually being able to pilots your vehicle in this game barely matters, as the dogfights with tougher enemies have been replace with a cinematic dog-chase, where you lose control of your plane, and simply respond to on-screen commands when prompted to destroy your enemies. This wouldn't be a problem, and initially I didn't expect it to be, until it became obvious that several enemies (sometimes whole groups in missions) are undefeatable without handing control to autopilot.
    The game seems to try and make up for this by adding supposedly exciting new concepts, such as missions where you pilots helicopters, and the super-original mission where you man the guns on an AC-130 as you support a small group of infantry on the ground (where literally your only input for 20 minutes is shooting trucks and technicals as the camera zooms in on the big explosions). But where in previous games you could fly in space, through radioactive wastelands and attack enemies with laser-cannons, this recuperates very little of the excitement you'd hope from an Ace Combat game.

The plot is lacking (the disk case advertises 'BEST SELLING MILITARY AUTHOR' Jim DeFilice as the creator), the voice acting is lacking, even by the standards of both Ace Combat and fashionable military shooters, and the gameplay is stunted in favour in short cinematics where the camera zooms in towards explosions as gasps fill your in-game radio. And how could I forget regenerating health? That's right, planes with regenerating health.

Maybe this would appeal to what I call the 'Call of Duty generation', which love military shooters, and don't really care about any depth, art or individuality in their games. But for fans on innovation, or just fans of the Ace Combat series overall, this isn't the game for you.
  17. Mar 22, 2012
    I only played the demo and yes, I'm very thankful for that. Being a flight-simulation junkie, I will base my opinion on one thing only. No barrel rolls. It may seem silly to some but to eliminate the ability to roll my plane upside down is just insulting. It may be this only applies to the demo, though based on some of the other reviews it seems unlikely, but even so I will never pick this one up from the shelves. I gave it a one because I did enjoy going super-sonic between the skyscrapers... and bouncing off one of them, pfft! Expand
  18. Jan 21, 2013
    As a long time fan of the Ace Combat series, this game just didn't click with me. The game play and multiplayer aren't bad. I just think the story and the DFM just kills the game. The helicopter and bomber missions are okay but I would just like to stick with flying jets. I will give them credit for FINALLY adding paint customization for your planes. In the future I just hope that Bandai-Namco sticks with the original Ace Combat world and flight system. And the special plane you're supposed to unlock for doing something awesome like in the previous Ace Combat games (X-02, ADF-01 Falken for example) is DLC. So if you're reading this Bandai-Namco, please, just stick with the old Ace Combat. "Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector.../The flames of hatred scorch the skies, igniting Gaia's funeral pyre..."

What ever happened to the old Ace Combat? Now its just a cliche, copy and paste, story of the good ol' U.S. against the "evil" Russians. Ace Combat taught me that war isn't black and white, good against bad. It taught me that there are no border or boundaries. That it's all just subjective. And most importantly, that we're all human. No matter your nationality, ideology, race, of gender. That we're all just people trying to get by in life. And we're all just too busy being scared of one another and not loving each other enough. God damn it, I just want the old Ace Combat back.
  19. Apr 3, 2013
    I have never been a fanboy of flight simulator action games like Ace Combat or Blazing Angels, but I'd have to say that taking a risk by purchasing this game was by far a waste of my time. You know that you have a flawed game when the controls won't allow you to do simple maneuvers like a split-s or a simple barrel roll (and no not the Star Fox "barrel roll" either). Since when did a dogfighting game become an on-rails shooter where the enemy can make physically impossible maneuvers and turns and you can't even do the simplest of them?
    Secondly, why would anyone decide that putting in helo levels and a Call of Duty carbon copy AC-130 sequence were good ideas? It's so out of place it's like having Justin Beiber open for a Tool concert. It halts the pace of the game to a screeching halt and never has any real significant value other than railroading the plot.
    Thirdly, the game's overall focus is an absolute mess. I couldn't tell if it was a coming-of-age story for the main character Colonel Bishop (which wouldn't be piloting at that stage in his career), a story about fraternity in the military, or if it was a Tom Clancy parody. At times I thought, why is this scene here? Is it to give the pilots a face? If so, then they completely blew it. No one...NO ONE in the military calls each other by their rank unless it is out of anger, sarcasm, or fun. I never walked up to a colonel and said "hi, colonel!" I said "good morning, sir." If you are going to have a military game, you better learn at least the very BASICS of military courtesy. Even my brother, who was never in the military laughed when he heard a captain call his superior colonel instead of sir. I don't ever talk about something that I haven't at least researched for a total of 20 minutes. They shouldn't make a game that has dialogue without knowing common military courtesy.
    The only redeeming qualities about this game is that the soundtrack and landscapes are well done. I do have to say that someone finally decided that not all of Russia is bad in the plot. I really appreciated fighting rogue Russians with other Russians. Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Tom Clancy seem to just love to bash the Russians simply because they can't get over that the Cold War ended TWENTY YEARS AGO.
    But enough of my soap box. This game is awful. If you have a few bucks to spend to get achievements like myself, get it. My brother and I are in constant competition with gamerscore and we always rent games just to get achievements...and that's really the only reason why you would buy this game.

Pros: Soundtrack, Graphics, and a plot that's worth appreciating.
    Cons: Gameplay, physics, difficulty (too easy), lack of focus, and no knowledge gathered for the game.
  20. May 31, 2012
    As a long time flight games & Ace Combat fan,it pains me to writhe this review,but i feel i must.While its comendable that Project Aces were trying something new,what they did do was something to try to draw in the non-flight gaming crowd.The problem with that is,the changes they implimented are all style but no substance,& the changes didnt & never will attract the non-flight crowd,& only succedded in alienating & annoying the core fans of these type of games & the series.I really wanted to like this game,but i can see why alot of people are not happy with it.Firstly though i have to say the addititions of real world locations & Helicopter Gunships were most welcome additions,as was the removal of the frankly ludicrus flying fortress/wings.The game looks great graphically,the characters,music & cutscenes being good also,and on the whole the game plays well.
    Where the game falls apart though,& unfortunately its a big one,is the Close range assault mode this game introduces to the series,& the on rails sections.The close range assault basically allows you to go into a close,REALLY close chase behind an enemy plane.Its kind of a mini on-rails section in itself,as you have no control over where your flying,merely involving trying to get the enemy plane in your sights while the computer flys the plane for you as you follow the enemy through some set pieces(usually near the ground for dramatic effect).This get old VEEEERY quickly.. Also,when in close range assault,it doesnt seem to make any difference what plane your in,it all feels & handles exactly the same.Unfortunately,this is the big new feature they were trying to introduce to the series,so as a result there is unfortunately no way to turn it off completely in the options.. You cant get around not using close range assault either,as certain enemies are near impossible to take down without using it,& often theres a time limit to take down enemies,that using conventional tactics simply arnt viable time-wise.So basically this new(if unwelcome)feature is rammed down our throats.This may not sound like much,but it completely changes the gameplay of Ace Combat,& pretty much ruins the game for most people.Also,while the Gunship sections are great,the movment when using the **** view is very jerky & not very usable,forcing you to use either the outside or full hud view.Another unwelcome addition,are the pure on-rails sections.They are not particually fun to play,feels out of place with the rest of the game & plays EXACTLY the same way,every time you play it.Not my idea of fun,especially in an Ace Combat title..
    Co-Op wise,you can play a few missions from the campaign in Co-Op,but not many.While fun,its extremely short.Its blatently another half baked 'effort' to put 'Co-Op on the back of the box'.If they had put Co-Op in the full campaign,this game might have saved itself sumwhat,but it hasnt.
    All in all,it was a risky gamble for Project Aces,to introduce the changes that they made to the gameplay,but the gamble failed in an epic way.Like i say,they need to realise that they are never going to attract people that are not interested in this type of game,no matter what changes they make & try to appease them.They need to concentrate on what the actual fans DO want & like,& provide that to them,which i hope they will do in the next title.A good way to get back to that greatness,is to get rid of the Close range Assault & other on-rails sections,& keep the gunships & real world locales,& to add a Co-Op option to the entire campaign.Other flight games have incorporated Co-Op for a while now,its about time Ace Combat caught up,& realised its popularity.Also add taking off & landing necessary for re-arming,& you will attract the fans of the series back in a big way.
    I was So close to giving this game a 6,but it was quite good fun,while not using Close Range Assault that is.Unfortunately,you have to use close range assault ALOT.
  21. Oct 26, 2012
    Graphics: Pretty Good but there are tricks in here most notably in Dogfight Mode when the control is taken away from you and the enemy is taken down according to a script.
    Story: Also pretty good even if typical of a military game these days.
    Game-play: Really annoyed me that the flight controls stop you from doing barrel rolls as default (changed through options but I didn't realize
    until halfway through). And you cannot give your wing-men any orders even though they're always right beside you. Also I like taking off and landing which you only get to do twice each. Expand
  22. Jul 2, 2012
    This was not a game I ever intended to purchase until the price was right, which for me was $22.45 from one of the major game retailers for a used copy. Given how good this game is, I wish I had purchased it sooner. So far I am about two-thirds of the way through the campaign mode and can only describe it as aeronautical Modern Warfare! It is a lot of fun going through the various game modes (dogfight, ground assault, bodyguard) using a ton of real-world bad ass aircraft from today's headlines. I found playing at medium difficulty level best for me in terms of game play vs. reward (achievements, storyline progression) . I have also tried the online aspect of the game which seems fun as well and is a nice addition to the series. I recommend this game for anyone who enjoys FPS and wants to try a new experience. The game play and headline news feel to the storyline were very enjoyable, and certainly well worth the money I paid for a used copy. 9 out of 10 overall. Expand
  23. Apr 26, 2013
    I don't have any idea why people would hate this game besides not getting used to it, compared to the old ace combat's.

I am really glad a game like this came out, and I will hope to see more like this come out in the future.
  24. Jul 15, 2013
    Too heavily scripted. Hated DFM (Dogfight Mode). Suddenly all the skill it took to follow and target is gone. You have half to none of the control during DFM (depending on if you're following some random plane or an integral target that will advance some plot in the mission). For the latter, you can literally just sit on your hands and it'll still follow the target plane better than you will be able to. As someone that loved the PS2 AC games, this is horrendous. I was hoping for a next gen experience and got a dumbed down version catering to the masses. It is blatantly apparent that Namco was trying to get a wider (read: less skilled) audience by adding in so many hand-holding features. Sure, great scenery, cool planes I guess, though I didn't even get a chance to look at them. Mission playback isn't easy to find (if it exists; I hear it does, but it could just be a myth). The story is non-existent. Where in previous AC games I actually felt for the characters and the squadron and enjoyed the story and followed along with it, in ACAH I didn't give a crap about any of them. I was hoping this game would cure my desire for a good flight-sim on one of my 7th generation consoles. Sadly, I guess I'll just have to break out my PS2 and relive AC4, 5, and 0. Expand
  25. Apr 17, 2014
    [Review PT-BR] Ace Combat Assault Horizon é um ótimo jogo, com belos gráficos e uma jogabilidade sólida garante horas de diversão.
    Houve uma mudança em relação aos jogos anteriores da série, mas foi uma mudança bem vinda, não tem mais fases onde você perdia 30 minutos apenas atirando até dar Mission Accomplished, o novo modo DFM é ótimo e responde bem e o modo Online é muito bom,
    recomendo muito esse jogo Expand
  26. Dec 6, 2013
    Extremely overrated to the eyes of a young 21st century boy such as myself and others'consists of 3 main errors horrible graphics,horrible plot line, and horrible characters.
  27. Mar 2, 2012

When you have matched

One of the greatest disappointments of the year. Once great and entertaining flying arcade became an average Call of Duty-copycat shooter. [Christmas 2011]
  2. Nov 30, 2011
    It's not a great game by any means, but there are much worse ways to spend an afternoon than making jets explode.
  3. Nov 15, 2011