6.8

1. Aug 29, 2010
    The first dowloadable Alan Wake DLC, which comes free with new copies of the game, is an intense and satisfying DLC. You continue where the game left of. You will se new strange places and meet new enemies. The DLC is not exactly long, its between 55 minutes to 1h and 10 minutes. But its just perfect. You will find out more about the darkness in this DLC to the game that in my opinionThe first dowloadable Alan Wake DLC, which comes free with new copies of the game, is an intense and satisfying DLC. You continue where the game left of. You will se new strange places and meet new enemies. The DLC is not exactly long, its between 55 minutes to 1h and 10 minutes. But its just perfect. You will find out more about the darkness in this DLC to the game that in my opinion shoud be GOTY 2010. A 9/10 Expand
  2. Dec 21, 2011
    Great DLC, it's intense and challenging and it gets you to understand what happened after the incomplete ending, it's just a great addition that keeps scaring. Sure, we have already done most of the things in the main game but this DLC brings new stuff that you haven't seen. You should really get this DLC if you loved Alan Wake just like me.

1. After playing through both The Signal and The Writer, the biggest impression I'm left with is that these two chunks of game (hateful combat aside) are better than anything that came on Alan Wake's retail disc. They illustrate Alan as a character, they immerse him in a world of his own internal madness, and they play to the strength of the premise in a way that actually makes sense. I can honestly say that if these levels had been included in the main campaign, my overall evaluation would've been significantly higher.
  2. The franchise's future looks - ahem - brighter, but we'd be best advised to withhold assent until the second extra episode, The Writer, is released later this year.
  3. The Signal is a great addition to the Alan Wake story but there is not enough here to really understand the reasoning behind it.