7.4

1. Apr 20, 2011
    Sometimes I don't really get the ones down-rate for "no multiplayer", "short gameplay time" ... This is a highly story oriented game around one man's journey, not a free for all fest in the forest. And for God's sake, this is just a DLC for less than 300 MS points now!

This second Special Feature Episode is a true sequel and a great ending to Alan Wake: Season One. Several secrets are revealed now, several questions answered - most of them about The Signal, of course - and they still left the season ending open in a smart way that both DLC players and the ones who missed them can connect the parts of the story, continue with Alan Wake 2 (titled as 'Return' maybe?) The atmosphere is still gripping, the scenes are twisting (oh yeah) and although several parts have the talented and spectacular, fast paced action, (the lighthouse scene is simly fantastic!) there are still enough emotional and unfolding scenes in The Writer to shine it's drama side. - It worths every points!
    Thanks Remedy! I'm waiting for Alan Wake : Return!
  2. Dec 21, 2011
    This DLC is absolutely amazing and better than the signal in my opinion, it changes the formula and manages to impress a lot. This DLC continues the story right after the signal with some impressive fighting. After, you get to do some platforming which some people didn't like but I just loved it, every platform element manages to impress and the gameplay overall never suffers. I'm proud ofThis DLC is absolutely amazing and better than the signal in my opinion, it changes the formula and manages to impress a lot. This DLC continues the story right after the signal with some impressive fighting. After, you get to do some platforming which some people didn't like but I just loved it, every platform element manages to impress and the gameplay overall never suffers. I'm proud of both DLC's and this DLC is just amazing, i can't wait for the Alan Wake sequel. Collapse
  3. Nov 24, 2010
    just a half game need more work for aw 2 just grafics need more poshiment the gameplays is poor have many bugs and dont have a oline mode, the microsoft made to much hype over this games
  4. Dec 21, 2011

1. Jan 16, 2011
    The Writer, is an interesting addition to the game and one that fans will no doubt lap up, however, if you're not overly bothered then waiting out for a price reduction might be more worthwhile.
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Alan Wake: The Writer is a stunning farewell.
  3. Dec 13, 2010
    In essence, Alan Wake: The Writer is just the conclusion to Alan's current journey. There is very little new content. What's there is brilliant; the gameplay is straightforward and fun, the animation is top quality, sounds are spot-on and there are some really innovative set-pieces.