Aliens: Colonial Marines Xbox 360

3.8

1. Aug 15, 2015
    DWAUDAPDOSD[ASDPASD[SLD[W;D]A[;C][PLPOCDKAD[LA][DLAS][DLP[LWD][QALWD[QL WD][QLWD][ QLWD ][QLD ][DL][ASL ][L ]AL D[LW[D] [ALD][ SLAD[ L][ LQ[DL Q][DL ][DLW ][WLD ]W
  2. Apr 25, 2015
    I found this game amazing. It has a well plot, good environmental feeling, like in the second Alien movie. I don't get why people 'hate' this game so much. The graphics aren't as good as Far Cry 4 or something equal, but still very good. Graphics don't make a game good and this game doesn't need those fantastic graphics. I love this game, period.
  3. Jul 31, 2013
    Aliens was a good movie, as it mixed horror and science fiction in an interesting way. But when it comes to game all you have is just the science fiction, because players aren't really scared by monsters they can just shoot till it goes away or dies. But this game was different to me, as it did scare me, but only in the sense that I got flustered by monsters that were killing me.

The

The story takes place after Aliens 2, where Colonial Marines investigate a ship and find out what killed it's crew. You later encounter aliens and get stranded on it, then mercenaries from an evil corporation try to murder everyone to cover up their mistakes and crimes. You crash land on the planet and make shelter in the same building Aliens 2 took place. You proceed to pursue the mercenaries while getting hunted by the Aliens. The game does well by introducing a story that leads you across the planet so you can survive and stop the terror.

Gameplay here is very streamlined, but challenging once the difficulty is risen and certain objectives put you in harms way. But it's near impossible to do this alone, as the game goes more for co-op, but then it just get's clustered when four people try to slide themselves into a doorway like meat through a grinder. The game should have opened the levels up more and offered more to co-op.

But if you are bored and need something to pass the time this game can prove to do that, but it is far from being a light in the darkness.
  4. Jul 28, 2013
    The game is terrible, awful AI and terrible graphics... That was what I thought before the patch, now, the game has good voice acting, good graphics, good AI and there have been a few moments where I have actually been scared by the game. Although this game is not the one shown to us in 2012 at E3, the game is great and I would highly recommend it to everyone, even people who are not fansThe game is terrible, awful AI and terrible graphics... That was what I thought before the patch, now, the game has good voice acting, good graphics, good AI and there have been a few moments where I have actually been scared by the game. Although this game is not the one shown to us in 2012 at E3, the game is great and I would highly recommend it to everyone, even people who are not fans of the Aliens franchise. Expand
  5. May 17, 2013
    I honestly don't see anything wrong with this game.
    It offers a suspenseful thrill with a controlled fast pace.
    Guns are Aim-Down-Sight just like Modern Warfare. You can upgrade and customize them with simple decals.. The story as good as Modern Warfare 2. If I had one complaint it'd be not having the ability to pick up decease’s weapons. Graphics were great on the 360, it's
    I honestly don't see anything wrong with this game.
    It offers a suspenseful thrill with a controlled fast pace.

Guns are Aim-Down-Sight just like Modern Warfare.
    You can upgrade and customize them with simple decals..

The story as good as Modern Warfare 2.
    Graphics were great on the 360, it's directx 9 so you won't get all that hi-res.

Finding memorabilia throughout from the movie was exciting.
    The smart-gun is the best I've seen in any game.

With a name like Colonial Marines I would expect to see them running random missions and having the ability to drive the APC.

Maybe one day.
  6. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. Honestly, I do not see why others say ths is a bad game. I bought it and i have to say that even though it is not perfect, It is still fun. Sure the AI is bad but that does not mean it is a horrible game. The combat is nice and the enemies are challenging. The only bad thing is at the end where you fight the Queen, I upgraded my weapons and you just run around pulling levers, Other than that this is a decent game. Collapse
  7. Mar 14, 2013
    It really is a shame that this game didn't get the polish it deserved because that's pretty much all its missing. I grew up with the first two Aliens movies and if you're like me in this respect you'll probably enjoy this game. You'll forgive it for glitchy graphics, odd sound now and again and some screen tear because it'll bring you back to those first films, Newt, Ripley, Hicks, motionIt really is a shame that this game didn't get the polish it deserved because that's pretty much all its missing. I grew up with the first two Aliens movies and if you're like me in this respect you'll probably enjoy this game. You'll forgive it for glitchy graphics, odd sound now and again and some screen tear because it'll bring you back to those first films, Newt, Ripley, Hicks, motion trackers and the scream of a xenomorph.

To enjoy this game you have to be invested in the Alien Universe. That doesn't excuse the unfinished nature of the product but the poor reviews shouldn't put Aliens fans off playing this game.
  8. Mar 12, 2013
    Ok graphics may not be top drawer, but gameplay is very good. What you need to recall is that the original Aliens movie wasn't an amazing film in the first place, it had ropey effects and cheesy acting, oh and don't forget the 80's hair, but what it did have was loads of guns and loads of aliens getting killed.
    What Sega have achieved is a game which reflects the feeling of the game
    What Sega have achieved is a game which reflects the feeling of the game without overshadowing the Aliens movie... my advice if you enjoy Alien trilogy give it a go, I've played about 5 hrs on Hardened and i am enjoying it far more than i did Dead Space 3...
  9. Feb 24, 2013
    This game has been getting a lot of bad reviews, so let me address some concerns. It's true that this game doesn't have the best graphics. The textures can take I've five seconds to load in and the facial animations for cutscenes may as well be non-exestant. Luckely, the majority of the game does not take place inside of a cutscene so you don't need to worry too much about that. AnotherThis game has been getting a lot of bad reviews, so let me address some concerns. It's true that this game doesn't have the best graphics. The textures can take I've five seconds to load in and the facial animations for cutscenes may as well be non-exestant. Luckely, the majority of the game does not take place inside of a cutscene so you don't need to worry too much about that. Another complaints is that the ai is dumb. Switching the difficulty up to hard essentially makes this problem go away. When the xenos can kill you in two hits the game becomes much more tense. The story is not to bad and the shooting is average. What really matters is that this game looks like aliens and more importantly sounds like aliens. There is nothing so sweet as the drone of a pulse rifle. If you like aliens you will probably like this game. If you don't care about aliens and just want a good first person shooter then you should go buy halo 4 instead. It's really good. Expand
  10. Feb 21, 2013
    Not the greatest game ever made by far and I did encounter some weird glitches but overall its a pretty good game, AI wasnt the best but it responded fairly well, controls were good and were responsive and why does everyone keep complaining about the graphics? Good graphics dont equal amazing gameplay people (look at minecraft as an example of why graphics don't matter), quite a fewNot the greatest game ever made by far and I did encounter some weird glitches but overall its a pretty good game, AI wasnt the best but it responded fairly well, controls were good and were responsive and why does everyone keep complaining about the graphics? Good graphics dont equal amazing gameplay people (look at minecraft as an example of why graphics don't matter), quite a few reviews have marked it down solely because of graphics. My opinion is it's not going to win many (if any) awards but the game is solid and the DLC they plan to release may be incredible, the game isn't finished people, there will be Patches, Updates and Add-Ons that take this game to a whole new level. Expand
  11. Feb 20, 2013
    Not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Sure the graphics are about the same as Duke Nukem forever, but I rented this game through gamefly, and I had fun playing it, this game has a lot of potential, I actually played the multiplayer mode for a few hours, playing as a xeno is glitchy at times but it was fun as hell. The story itself was fine, some cool twist near the end for someNot as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Sure the graphics are about the same as Duke Nukem forever, but I rented this game through gamefly, and I had fun playing it, this game has a lot of potential, I actually played the multiplayer mode for a few hours, playing as a xeno is glitchy at times but it was fun as hell. The story itself was fine, some cool twist near the end for some major characters from the movie. Rent it and give it a try Expand
  12. Feb 19, 2013
    Aliens: Colonial Marines (A:CM) is not nearly as bad as most of the reviews I've read have indicated.
    We'll probably never know for certain why the final game's visuals do not match the now-infamous E3 Demo, and it's absolutely true that the gameplay is derivative (it's Left4Dead in the Aliens universe), but if you're a fan of either Left4Dead _or_ Aliens, I can recommend this game to you for its frenetic action and occasionally intense atmosphere, for its Aliens fan-service, and for its great fun coop and versus multiplayer.

It's fair to say I enjoyed this game despite its flaws, and it IS flawed, but I can also say I have had and continue to have a lot more fun with A:CM than I've had with many of the much better received recent games. I've definitely paid more for less with other games.

If you're looking for a good, balanced review, I can recommend Good Game's review (Australia's ABC TV), which is one of the very few balanced reviews I've seen. They called its flaws, but also recognised the positives in its offering.

My take is this: The game is a good fun FPS in the vein of Left4Dead, and like that game is a lot more fun when played with friends. The visuals are decidedly 2-years-ago in quality, and that's disappointing, but not unforgivable. I have not seen any of the AI bugs mentioned in reviews I've read, which either means I'm blind, incredibly lucky or they were patched Day One. The level design is pretty good, and some of the levels are genuinely scary if played on Ultimate Badass (Hope in Hadleys, for example).

Personally, I think anyone who scored A:CM less than a 6 out of 10 is suffering from a really terrible case of Disappoint that he or she just cannot see past (which makes them very poor critics in my book Patricia at Kotaku, I'm looking at you as I type this).
  13. Feb 19, 2013
    I have the Collector's Edition. Not even disappointed. This game is absolutely fantastic. I don't know why everyone is hating on it. Sure, the Campaign is short, but it's also co-op. And don't get me started on the Multiplayer. All of the game modes are fun. The customization for the weapons and the appearances is also awesome. I have about 30 hours on this game, and I will continue toI have the Collector's Edition. Not even disappointed. This game is absolutely fantastic. I don't know why everyone is hating on it. Sure, the Campaign is short, but it's also co-op. And don't get me started on the Multiplayer. All of the game modes are fun. The customization for the weapons and the appearances is also awesome. I have about 30 hours on this game, and I will continue to play it.
  14. Feb 19, 2013
    First off, please do not listen to the critic reviews or any review that is not above a 7. I am a avid Aliens Fan and I love this game. Yes the Graphics could be better but it still has a very good story line and controls easy 8/10
  15. Feb 18, 2013
    Aliens: Colonial Marines is a very fun game with many game modes that have kept me hooked to my Xbox for the past week now. Sure the story isn't strong, but the game play that reminds me so much of the original Alien vs Predator games for PC by Rebellion and that has kept me coming back for more despite the lack luster campaign. However, that's not why I bought the game...I bought it forAliens: Colonial Marines is a very fun game with many game modes that have kept me hooked to my Xbox for the past week now. Sure the story isn't strong, but the game play that reminds me so much of the original Alien vs Predator games for PC by Rebellion and that has kept me coming back for more despite the lack luster campaign. However, that's not why I bought the game...I bought it for a fun coop game that I could play with friends and to pay homage to perhaps one of my favorite movie series of all time. When I saw where Hudson was dragged under the floor to his presumed death I got one of the biggest smiles I have ever had on my face. Now online is where this game truly shines in my opinion despite lacking a coop survival mode where my friends and I could survive wave after wave of regular A.I. controlled aliens. Now the online gameplay consists of four main modes that all have similar, yet distinctive gameplay that forces one to adopt new strategies on both sides of the playground. Survivor is perhaps my least favorite as the environment isn't the largest and the marines only last until their armor is completely taken away by the Alien players...once that happens..."Game over man!" despite this I have found that it is perhaps the best mode to test the defensive skill of yourself and friends online.

Next is Team Deathmatch mode, now I was hesitant to play this mode first as I expected the Marines to completely destroy the Alien team like they do in Escape and Survivor mode, but boy could I ever be further from the truth. TDM starts the Marine out with no armor to even the playing field a bit and it is truly a success in my opinion. Nothing is better than stalking a lone marine and lunging across the battleground to pummel him into the ground. NOTE you can do this on any game mode.

Next is Escape mode, this is mode is basically nothing more than the Aliens amusing the marines constantly while trying to separate one player at a trim before they reach the next checkpoint. The beginning is especially tough as the marines have armor and are much harder to kill, but as the distances to the checkpoints increase the more that armor is rendered useless by constant alien attacks. The atmosphere is tense and heart racing as you race with your squad while checking every few meters to see if any alien is on the motion sensor. NEVER GO ALONE!

Last and perhaps my favorite mode is Extermination mode where the Marines have to control points on the map to destroy egg caches as the Aliens try to stop them. This mode allows the aliens to coordinate their attacks better than any other mode, except maybe Escape mode, and slaughter the marines in one all out charge. Do I hear Zerg Rush anyone? The marines have no armor in this mode and it either equalizes the the two teams or the Aliens just completely destroy the marines. No worries though if you are a marine as you will just switch species mid round to take revenge upon those fleshy mortals we aliens like to call dinner!

So other than some blotchy gameplay that will likely be fixed in a patch soon and a rather lacking storyline. Aliens: Colonial Marines delivers an extremely fun and entertaining game that will keep you coming back to fulfill challenges or to experience another Glorious Day in the Corps as the Sgt once said!

Once you get it...just remember to "Stay Frosty!"
  16. Feb 18, 2013
    I am a huge Aliens fan. This game is made for THAT person. I don't even think that the campaign is that short as long as you don't play it on the cry baby easy setting. It has tons of Alien "eggs" for you to discover. As in "Easter eggs". Lot's of content that bring you into the universe of the "ALIENS" movie. I don't want to spoil it. But, you may want to polish up on your knowledgeI am a huge Aliens fan. This game is made for THAT person. I don't even think that the campaign is that short as long as you don't play it on the cry baby easy setting. It has tons of Alien "eggs" for you to discover. As in "Easter eggs". Lot's of content that bring you into the universe of the "ALIENS" movie. I don't want to spoil it. But, you may want to polish up on your knowledge of the movies. Because some of the stuff is really subtle. But, it's there. And, it's cool. There is a lot of ACTION in this game. Yes, it's run and gun. But, that's what being on a "bug hunt" IS. Just hearing the "pulse rifle" and "smart gun" blasting in 7.1 surround sound really pulls you in. The graphics are not BAD like a lot of the mega-nerds are describing. They aren't incredible. But, they definitely are cool enough to pull you in. The SOUND CREW is what gets an A+++++ from me. Everything from the gun sounds, motion tracker to stepping on aliens residue has been done to perfection. Top that all off with music that sounds like it is right from the movie and you have one heck of a cool action game for an alien fan.

Anyway, because of the reviews, you can probably get this game for under $40 in a month. But, I think it's cool enough to pay $60. Yes, this game could have been SPECTACULAR and ended up being below that standard/expectation. But, I enjoyed every second of this game.

Turn off the lights and blast the stereo sound and I guarantee you will have fun with this one if you like the movie ALIENS at all.
  17. Feb 18, 2013
    What is wrong with this game? Well the graphics are a bit dated, although the lighting is brilliant, the campaign ends badly and is too short, that's about it. But the good things definitely outweigh the bad, the campaign is very good, the co-op campaign is allot of fun and can be hilarious when sealing random people behind doors so that they get killed and the multiplayer is pretty good,What is wrong with this game? Well the graphics are a bit dated, although the lighting is brilliant, the campaign ends badly and is too short, that's about it. But the good things definitely outweigh the bad, the campaign is very good, the co-op campaign is allot of fun and can be hilarious when sealing random people behind doors so that they get killed and the multiplayer is pretty good, not as good as I was expecting but still pretty good. I personally bought the collectors edition so that I got extra stuff, it was definitely worth it,and the customisation is brilliant. When playing the campaign I was going to give this a 9, then I decided no, an 8 because the ending of the campaign was bad, but then I played multiplayer and then thought this is very good and gave it a 9. Finally I played co-op campaign and sealed some guys behind a door and thought this is definitely worthy of a high 9. If there were less glitches, the graphics were only slightly better and the AI was slightly improved it would be worthy of a 10, I only gave it a ten to balance out the bad reviews. Expand
  18. Feb 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like this game and I don't care about you idiots that do the same things on first shooters its different and fun I'm a very old gamer I've being playing everything ,this game is fun ,in campaign and in multiplayer rocks even in call of duty are glitches and crap of stuff and people that complain about any single stupid thing when there loosing anyway this game is a keeper is a solid 8.5 Expand
  19. Feb 17, 2013
    Can't understand the negativity about this game. It's a lot of fun especially if you are a fan of the movies. Sure the graphics are merely adequate rather than spectacular, but the atmosphere is great and the fun factor is high. Co-op is where it shines I am enjoying this more than other recent co-op games like FC3 and BL2
  20. Feb 17, 2013
    Very, very, very confused at the negativity this game has received. I didn't pre-order this game, but I did go and buy it the first night it came out. I'm a huge Aliens fan (films 1,2,3) and this game successfully captures that gritty late 80s early 90's Si-Fi vibe in a major way. Any diehard fan of the films will play each level over and over again. The score, sound effects, and setVery, very, very confused at the negativity this game has received. I didn't pre-order this game, but I did go and buy it the first night it came out. I'm a huge Aliens fan (films 1,2,3) and this game successfully captures that gritty late 80s early 90's Si-Fi vibe in a major way. Any diehard fan of the films will play each level over and over again. The score, sound effects, and set pieces are all perfectly replicated. I agree that graphically its not on par with even mid-cycle current gen standards, but it captures something that no game since AVP 1 (story) and AVP2 (multiplayer) have been able to accomplish. Don't buy the hype. It seems reviewers were in a haste to put out their elitist insights and didn't give the game the time it deserves. At first glance, you'll be apprehensive to sign off on this IP, but after about an hour of the campain or Multiplayer matches, you'll be hooked, count on it. Expand
  21. Feb 16, 2013
    PC Version. Graphics looks much much better than console version. Sometimes there are very nice lighting and shadows. Story is good, First time since 1986 we can play proper story in this franchise, Most of all I like multiplayer It is much better than AVP2010, it has nice dynamic and tension, many upgrades and other combination stuff, you can build your own soldier and xenomorph,PC Version. Graphics looks much much better than console version. Sometimes there are very nice lighting and shadows. Story is good, First time since 1986 we can play proper story in this franchise, Most of all I like multiplayer It is much better than AVP2010, it has nice dynamic and tension, many upgrades and other combination stuff, you can build your own soldier and xenomorph, and it is much better than Natural Selection 2 also, not boring( to me NS2 became boring very soon), it has nice graphics, many ways to play it, in the begining you must uprade your xenos to make them stronger, because they are rather weak on first level. Well if you are fan of Aliens and also wanna play better multiplayer than AVP2010 and Natural Selection 2. This is the game for you. Expand
  22. Feb 16, 2013
    To Start off Aliens Coloniel Marines is not a graphically impressive game. It does have some minor texture flaws and what not. But all in all the game is pretty awesome. I'm currently going through the game on Ultimate Badass and im impressed. GearBox have made a wonderful attempt at the aliens franchise. Its not a perfect game by any means but its still a wonderful and awesome game.To Start off Aliens Coloniel Marines is not a graphically impressive game. It does have some minor texture flaws and what not. But all in all the game is pretty awesome. I'm currently going through the game on Ultimate Badass and im impressed. GearBox have made a wonderful attempt at the aliens franchise. Its not a perfect game by any means but its still a wonderful and awesome game. Aliens Coloniel Marines keeps the intensity going with the dark corridors and bleeping of your radar. All in all i would recommend Aliens CM. Expand
  23. Feb 15, 2013
    Lemme get this straight. 184 people already bought this game or rented it are calling it garbage. I see nothing tht negative about it. Just purchased it guess what? I like it. If ur comparing to a halo to a cod etc yes its not tht. But I dnt recall it claiming to be tht. Just enjoy tht its different. Haven't dun multi yet as im doin campaign. How bout this novel idea support the gameLemme get this straight. 184 people already bought this game or rented it are calling it garbage. I see nothing tht negative about it. Just purchased it guess what? I like it. If ur comparing to a halo to a cod etc yes its not tht. But I dnt recall it claiming to be tht. Just enjoy tht its different. Haven't dun multi yet as im doin campaign. How bout this novel idea support the game just maybe we can get a better sequel. Tx sega. Sheesh u fools on the bandwagon kill me. Expand
  24. Feb 14, 2013
    To even review a game like this you HAVE to see the movies, there is a lot of details like the facehugger laying in the room where Ripley and Newt slept. Same is a sentury gun showed 4 bullets left and in the movies where is 10 left, I hope to find Newts doll in the sewers. if we look at the graphics well it´s not pretty and not like the demo far from it and there is to much action. ButTo even review a game like this you HAVE to see the movies, there is a lot of details like the facehugger laying in the room where Ripley and Newt slept. Same is a sentury gun showed 4 bullets left and in the movies where is 10 left, I hope to find Newts doll in the sewers. if we look at the graphics well it´s not pretty and not like the demo far from it and there is to much action. But the history is awesome, and I can´t wait for more campain DLC. The multiplayer mode is pretty good and fun, but if you get good at it, you will get very good, and ruin the multiplayer mode for all the others. It´s hard to controll the Xeno but with experience, ye they are going to die. Expand
  25. Feb 13, 2013
    Overall a fantastic entry in the Aliens franchise. The one thing this game does really well is ambiance! The sounds are all dead on and nothing is creepier than hearing the motion tracker go off and knowing they are coming for you. Is it the best FPS ever, no but it is damn good i have to say. The visuals are nice and environments look good as do the aliens. The only thing I can sayOverall a fantastic entry in the Aliens franchise. The one thing this game does really well is ambiance! The sounds are all dead on and nothing is creepier than hearing the motion tracker go off and knowing they are coming for you. Is it the best FPS ever, no but it is damn good i have to say. The visuals are nice and environments look good as do the aliens. The only thing I can say is this game MUST be played in the dark, it simply doesn't work in the day. If you enjoy the franchise overall, this is the game you have been waiting for in the long list of entries that have been made in this series. The MP seems fairly decent but I have yet to spend a decent amount of time with it so can't comment too much as of yet. I will say that it is very satisfying to use the aliens and leap across the screen onto an unsuspecting victim and tear their head off!!! Expand
  26. Feb 13, 2013
    I played single through the first actish, then I played some multi with a buddy, we had a blast. I like the frantic pace of team deathmatch, tried survival too, that wasnt quite as fun, but I really enjoyed playing as an alien. The sounds were awesome, I use turtle beach x400's that I just got so that may have helped but it was really immersive. The graphics arent amazing but I thinkI played single through the first actish, then I played some multi with a buddy, we had a blast. I like the frantic pace of team deathmatch, tried survival too, that wasnt quite as fun, but I really enjoyed playing as an alien. The sounds were awesome, I use turtle beach x400's that I just got so that may have helped but it was really immersive. The graphics arent amazing but I think they're passable. I would have rated it a 7-8 but i gave it a 10 to balance all the crap people are posting. Expand
  27. Feb 13, 2013
    Personally liked the sound and music and it does feel more like an aliens game but graphics might not be say most fancy but then not looking so clean is not bad thing for the setting your in, cod always looks to clean to be real on its textures for example. only played first couple levels so not sure how long game is, most times in past when people complain about time they played onPersonally liked the sound and music and it does feel more like an aliens game but graphics might not be say most fancy but then not looking so clean is not bad thing for the setting your in, cod always looks to clean to be real on its textures for example. only played first couple levels so not sure how long game is, most times in past when people complain about time they played on easiest mode, didn't look for any collectables etc and just run though game which is not how I play games. multiplayer maps feel big and its quite good playing one side then swoping to other rather than always being one or other. Expand
  28. Feb 13, 2013
    The campaign is not as good as I wanted and the set piece animations were last gen. But the Multi player is fun and the sounds and visuals and environments are spot on. I just do not see the reason others do to hate this game. Overall it is fun.
  29. Feb 13, 2013
    This game is made for the Aliens enthusiast. If you love the movies you will LOVE this game. There is a fantastic twist near the end of the game that can't be missed. Most of the gripes that have been posted so far have been addressed in the patch, so don't let that deter you. Their is a lot of love that went into this game. It is unfortunate that the graphics could be better but thisThis game is made for the Aliens enthusiast. If you love the movies you will LOVE this game. There is a fantastic twist near the end of the game that can't be missed. Most of the gripes that have been posted so far have been addressed in the patch, so don't let that deter you. Their is a lot of love that went into this game. It is unfortunate that the graphics could be better but this game has been in production for 6 years and was started with older tech. It is actually incredible that they reached this level of polish considering what they started with. Please give this game a chance. Expand
  30. Feb 13, 2013
    I've been playing this game non-stop since I got it today and cannot understand all the criticism. I don't know what people expect from a game that is a sequel to a film made in 1986. First of all, Black Ops 2, this ain't. Its a love letter to fans of the film Aliens. There are some graphical glitches (and i've experienced some in Black Ops2, Halo, etc but these do not detract from theI've been playing this game non-stop since I got it today and cannot understand all the criticism. I don't know what people expect from a game that is a sequel to a film made in 1986. First of all, Black Ops 2, this ain't. Its a love letter to fans of the film Aliens. There are some graphical glitches (and i've experienced some in Black Ops2, Halo, etc but these do not detract from the game's story, which is faithful to the films. The actual gameplay is what I expected; which is great. The sound effects, look and graphics are great. I mean, its not Resident Evil in space (eg Dead Space)...its a bunch of marines, armed to the teeth with one common enemy, the 'Xenomorph.' If you're looking for 'diversity' then you won't find it in the Aliens universe, unless you'd prefer to be blasting 'PredAliens' or other silly concoctions. People keep talking about 'tension'....this isn't Dead Space...i think its as tense as it should be but Its safety numbers. You're not Ripley, you're not Special Ops, you're a Colonial Marine, and that perspective is very different to other similar games. The clue is in the name; Colonial Marines not Colonial Marine.... I guess in someways its like the solo mindset of Black Ops 2 vs the Team-Based play of Battlefield 3. That applies to single player as much as multiplayer. Expand
  31. Mar 26, 2013

1. Apr 3, 2013
    There was a lot of hope for Aliens: Colonial Marines but it seems the gaming world is let down with another attempt to make a successful film tie in. The review should give you a few good reasons why the game suffers but other aspects such as the overused catchphrase ‘Stay frosty!’ and anticlimactic ending are a couple more to add to the list and this is why you should wait until this game gets thrown into the bargain bin before you purchase.
  2. Apr 1, 2013
    I'm not that witty, but I am pretty vulgar—as a result, all I can say is that if Aliens: Colonial Marines had been fished out of a Marine's colon during emergency surgery it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
  3. Games Master UK
    Mar 24, 2013
    An unremarkable FPS plagued by dim AI and repetitive set-pieces. [Apr 2013, p.68]