3.8

1. Feb 13, 2013
    Please don't buy this game, it's a major disappointment all round. It's so bad I felt compelled to sign up to metacritic so that I could prevent others making the same mistake as me. Save your money or better yet, buy Borderlands 2 if you haven't already got it.
  2. Feb 12, 2013
    finished the single player mode yesterday. Game is very short (5 hours wtf!?), has really bad graphics and the gameplay feels like in low budget pc fps game. There is no horror atmosphere in this game bacause it was made as 4 player co op game (something like Dead Island but much much worse!). Multiplayer sucks, finding players takes you 1,5 minute and the lag kills the fun. No dedicatedfinished the single player mode yesterday. Game is very short (5 hours wtf!?), has really bad graphics and the gameplay feels like in low budget pc fps game. There is no horror atmosphere in this game bacause it was made as 4 player co op game (something like Dead Island but much much worse!). Multiplayer sucks, finding players takes you 1,5 minute and the lag kills the fun. No dedicated servers. Just simple p2p matchmaking like in CoD but created worse. There are multiplayer modes where you can play as alien versus humans. To tell you the truth, nobody wants to play as aliens because marines are way to powerfull. If marine players stick together, they always wins the match. The only option to win the multiplayer match as an aliens is when it is match where aliens have bigger numbers than marines (ex. 2 marines vs 6 aliens). In multiplayer match 6 vs 6 marines ALWAYS win. You can't choose sides, game does it for you like the developers knew that nobody would like to be alien.

Oh! And one more funny thing! This game WAS NOT CREATED by Gearbox but 5 different developers. You can see their names in the campaign intro. Gearbox was supporting them with their brand. F*ck you SEGA and gearbox. Lost respect for those companies.
  3. Feb 12, 2013
    This is going to be one of those "love or hate" type games, which to me is a complete surprise. I will admit I am a huge fan of the Alien universe and I actually think Gearbox have done a good job of making this game. The story is quite enjoyable and even though there is the occasional animation glitch etc overall I think the game is really polished. You can tell that the people whoThis is going to be one of those "love or hate" type games, which to me is a complete surprise. I will admit I am a huge fan of the Alien universe and I actually think Gearbox have done a good job of making this game. The story is quite enjoyable and even though there is the occasional animation glitch etc overall I think the game is really polished. You can tell that the people who designed this game like the Aliens lore too. There are some nice and subtle throw backs to Aliens. Co-op is good fun and holds up well although the teleporting back together when people split up too much is a bit of a let down. I'm really enjoying the VS multiplayer as there are plenty of decent unlocks and it is done a lot better than AvP's efforts. Controlling the Xenomorphs is now easier thanks to a 3rd person view.

I do think the campaign is pretty short but having split screen 2 player co-op, plus 4 player online co-op and 5 vs 5 VS multiplayer makes up for the short campaign. I think this is a must if you are an Aliens fan and perhaps take a look first before deciding if you are not.
  4. Feb 12, 2013
    I'll be honest so far I'm really enjoying this game, I'll admit that the gameplay is just your typical FPS walk from point A to point B clearing out rooms of enemies and yes the graphics aren't going to win any awards but these problems haven't stopped me from enjoying the game... I still love it.

The story for this game is actually pretty decent and I won't spoil what happens but as a canonical sequel to the film it make sense, it also solves a major problem I had with Alien 3. While the story may not be as good as some recent attempts in gaming such as The Walking Dead, Spec Ops: The Line or Assassin's Creed 3 (Well the Haytham/Connor sections anyway) the story is still entertaining and (for me at least) memorable.

Now I'll admit that this game probably only deserves a 6.5 at most but the reason I scored this game a 9 is because I am a really big fan of the Alien series and the fan service here is incredible, areas from the film are recreated perfectly, Newts doll (Casey) can still be found in the sewer where it was dropped, A lot of the original cast such as Lance Henrikson and Michael Biehn return to reprise their roles in one form or another. You get to ride a power loader, the list goes on. The fan service alone made me want to push through this game to see what else I could find. I know this may sound stupid seeing as I'm giving the game a 9 but that's all I ever want from licensed games.... games that entertain me as a fan of the source materiel and boy did this game deliver.

If you are a fan of the Alien film series or just Aliens then their should be enough fan service to entertain you and make you look past most of the faults in this game however if you are just looking for an amazing FPS then maybe here is not the place to look.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my opinion on the game, but remember at the end of the day that's all it is... my opinion, you may disagree with me.
  5. Mar 5, 2013
    I almost threw up in my mouth when I heard about this game. The gaming industry takes a whack at an Aliens game every few years, and it always ends up a heaping pile of burning slag. Crappy plot, crappy game play, crappy graphics. It's just a cluster-pile of badness. Anyone who gave this a "positive rating", I seriously question their neutrality as feedback. They're most likely shills forI almost threw up in my mouth when I heard about this game. The gaming industry takes a whack at an Aliens game every few years, and it always ends up a heaping pile of burning slag. Crappy plot, crappy game play, crappy graphics. It's just a cluster-pile of badness. Anyone who gave this a "positive rating", I seriously question their neutrality as feedback. They're most likely shills for the developers. And when the overall score was as bad as this, uh, yes I WILL listen to the critics. Expand
  6. Mar 6, 2013
    A complete LIE! Gearbox lied gamers by showing amazing Demos at E3 and other events, at the very last end the game showed up completely different. ALCM has horrible in game design, lots of glitches, frame rate issues and no resemblance at all with the Demos showed by Gearbox. Graphics are horrible and gameplay is even worst. Gearbox should get sued by SEGA, for creating such a terribleA complete LIE! Gearbox lied gamers by showing amazing Demos at E3 and other events, at the very last end the game showed up completely different. ALCM has horrible in game design, lots of glitches, frame rate issues and no resemblance at all with the Demos showed by Gearbox. Graphics are horrible and gameplay is even worst. Gearbox should get sued by SEGA, for creating such a terrible game and running such a big scam on gamers. Expand
  7. Mar 7, 2013
    How to write 150 words on this game? AWFUL TERRIBLE AWFUL TERRIBLE AWFUL TERRIBLE AWFUL TERRIBLE AWFUL TERRIBLE AWFUL TERRIBLE AWFUL TERRIBLE AWFUL TERRIBLE AWFUL TERRIBLE AWFUL TERRIBLE
  8. Mar 6, 2013
    Don't buy this game. Shocking A.I, rubbish story, it looks sounds and plays like an old PS1 game....and that isn't even fair to most PS1 games. I am a fan of the Alien movies, but this just wipes it arse with all the best bits from the movies. This game was 7 years in production and it is a disgrace to the industry. Should never been allowed to come out. Do yourself a favour and stay away.
  9. Mar 12, 2013
    Ok graphics may not be top drawer, but gameplay is very good. What you need to recall is that the original Aliens movie wasn't an amazing film in the first place, it had ropey effects and cheesy acting, oh and don't forget the 80's hair, but what it did have was loads of guns and loads of aliens getting killed.
    What Sega have achieved is a game which reflects the feeling of the game
    What Sega have achieved is a game which reflects the feeling of the game without overshadowing the Aliens movie... my advice if you enjoy Alien trilogy give it a go, I've played about 5 hrs on Hardened and i am enjoying it far more than i did Dead Space 3...
  10. Mar 30, 2013
    The storyline is great, however, the gameplay isn't. My cousin and I just recently played "Aliens: Colonial Marines" on Hardcore/insane difficulty for s*** n' giggles. After about 4-5 hours of non-stop game time we both had finished the game and complaining about the difficulty isn't as challenging as we both thought it would be. The multiplayer is okay, yet, it needs some improvement. TheThe storyline is great, however, the gameplay isn't. My cousin and I just recently played "Aliens: Colonial Marines" on Hardcore/insane difficulty for s*** n' giggles. After about 4-5 hours of non-stop game time we both had finished the game and complaining about the difficulty isn't as challenging as we both thought it would be. The multiplayer is okay, yet, it needs some improvement. The atmosphere for a common horror game isn't there, unlike the first Dead Space or any game that I could named out that is completely more terrifying than this... It's a major disappointment, just buy anything else than this. Expand
  11. Apr 24, 2013
    Theres alot of things this game does wrong but a few things right. First of all, the atmosphere of the game fits with alien's franchise. Also the multiplier is pretty enjoyable but the lacks of map makes the game die fast. But the game gets pretty much everything else wrong. The graphics are really outdated and visually the game looks terrible. The biggest concern is the AI the AI willTheres alot of things this game does wrong but a few things right. First of all, the atmosphere of the game fits with alien's franchise. Also the multiplier is pretty enjoyable but the lacks of map makes the game die fast. But the game gets pretty much everything else wrong. The graphics are really outdated and visually the game looks terrible. The biggest concern is the AI the AI will just stand around and do nothing. You can beat this game easily on the hardest difficulty. The boss at the ending is so terrible its not even funny. The story and characters are also terrible so there's not much to look forward in this game. The game was rushed and they should have token more time to work on it. A good year might have made the game worth checking out. Expand
  12. May 23, 2013
    A crappy falsely advertised game deserves nothing more than a zero
  13. Mar 9, 2013
    How they got away with putting this game on the shelves in 2013 is beyond me. Gameplay is terrible, i could have forgiven the fact that some of the visuals literally look like something out of Duke Nukem for the N64 if it was actually fun or entertaining, but it's not.... Multiplayer is terrible as well. went on eBay the same day i bought it
  14. Feb 18, 2013
    Not sure what I can say that hasn't been said already. Maybe this game needed another 6 years of development. I could forgive the horrible graphics if everything else wasn't just as bad. The player animations are terrible. The lip synching is almost laughable. The AI(both friendly and enemy) has to be the worst part of this game....almost to the point of making it unplayable. The singleNot sure what I can say that hasn't been said already. Maybe this game needed another 6 years of development. I could forgive the horrible graphics if everything else wasn't just as bad. The player animations are terrible. The lip synching is almost laughable. The AI(both friendly and enemy) has to be the worst part of this game....almost to the point of making it unplayable. The single player portion of this game is a 3/10. I'd give it a 2/10 if it wasn't an Aliens game.

The multiplayer is really the only playable part of this game. Taking out the game's horrible AI and replacing it with human player AI shows signs of how great the game could have been. Unfortunately the multiplayer suffers from it's own set of problems and is unable to save the game overall. Matchmaking is pretty bad, as is the lag once you do get into a match. There are some pretty big balancing issues as well. Also, when playing as an alien the controls are inconsistent at best. There are only 4 modes to play as well, and although there is some customization and unlocks, after playing for a couple hours you will see the multiplayer portion of the game is not very deep at all.

Don't make the mistake I did by buying this at full price. If you are a diehard Aliens fan either rent it, or wait for a price drop, which won't take long. This game is on the fast track to the bargain bin.
  15. Mar 8, 2013
    Feels like a 2002/3 Xbox game and would only have been average then. Very poor for a recent release. I thought it looked poor on preview sites, I couldn't beleive it when the full release so shoddy. 6 years for this, what a shame! When it hits the bargain buckets, it may be worth picking up for a fiver?
  16. Mar 1, 2013
    This game is pretty disappointing. The story isn't very compelling or even interesting for that matter. The AI is terrible, when the aliens charge your position, it seriously looks like a bland, cardboard cutout is moving across the ground. The graphics and appearance of the game are pretty bad. The only good part is
    the multiplayer, without the multiplayer, I would give it a 2.
  17. Feb 19, 2013
    For a game that was seven years in the making, it is terrible! I made an account just to warn people to stay away from this title. The positive reviews are either being paid off by gearbox and saga or are people that are in complete denial after paying $60 for a frisbee. The graphics are out of date, the multiplayer is broken, and the entire game takes place in a revolving square map thatFor a game that was seven years in the making, it is terrible! I made an account just to warn people to stay away from this title. The positive reviews are either being paid off by gearbox and saga or are people that are in complete denial after paying $60 for a frisbee. The graphics are out of date, the multiplayer is broken, and the entire game takes place in a revolving square map that slightly changes scenery. Even if you're an aliens fan, please wait for it to go on sale pre-owned and save yourself the headache. This game is so bad the GameStop near me is allowing opened returns to their loyal customers who they suggested the game to. I give it a 2, only because it has co-op. Expand
  18. Feb 13, 2013
    If your a die hard alien fan, nothing will stop you from buying this game. Points to gearbox for a fantastic marketing campaign and demo footage, and i hate them for it.
    Graphics:
    Graphics:
    This game looks ugly it truly does, plagued by low res textures and horrible looking effects such as blood, it would have looked good years ago. The enviorments are true to the film they do bring you back to hadleys hope and the dark work of alien, shame they look disgusting. However all of the graphics can be forgiven if its fun to play.
    Gameplay:
    Its boring, Xenomorphs charge at you from the front to die under your hail of bullets. Sure there is a different type called the lurker but he runs away and pulls you into a button masher event when he gets close and it dosent change. You then have to chase him down and kill him. This is not hard thanks to the motion tracker. Now isnt that fun and balanced right? Wrong you rarely need to use it in the singleplayer as the aliens will be coming from in front of you and they will charge at you from there. In MP it is used often allowing the marines to sit back and butcher the aliens who can not sneak up on them as they always know where you are. The multiplayer is half decent it is okay but the lack of maps and guns brings about a lack of class customisation for the marines as their guns suck. The aliens are horrible overpowered and the third person makes them to control. You will find yourself walking backwards when you jump on the ceiling until you figure out what is happening to change it. Then the mp lags horribly.
    Audio:
    The music is cool it sounds just like the aliens film and very industrial. The guns sounds are good if only they worked properly. When you fire your pulse rifle and hold the trigger the sounds stop and start as if you were firing in burst, this drags you out of the immersion. The singleplayer has no form of decent pace to it., they claimed that you could be fighting aliens in a last stand moment and running low on ammo in a horror like atmosphere. With a huge arsenal of weapons that you can customise at any time and each having their separate ammo pool you do not run out of bullets you just don't use your favourite gun.
    Story:
    Its poor the characters aren't compelling and you dont feel like there is really any danger, the final boss fight sucks. Oh yeah and that E3 2011 demo they showed of that cool mission isnt in the game.
    Final Opinion:
    Don't buy it, I enjoyed Aliens Versus Predator more. If you must get it buy it preowned or when it goes cheap in a month
  19. Feb 13, 2013
    This game was difficult to complete, not because it was hard, but because it's a complete mess.

Took around 6 hours to finish, though I was both faffing around looking for dog tags and also constantly getting caught in bugs and glitches, at least 4 times have I been glitched into the ground unable to move forcing me to restart, or with full health just being instant killed by a single gunshot.

Graphics could be ok, if I could see them... Textures take far too long to load.

Not sure why many are saying the sound is great, characters lines kept erratically dipping in volume which forced me to turn on the subtitles, even then the subs sometimes never finished. One time all sound except the motion scanner was off, was really annoying...

The only nice thing I can say is the level design was decent, the ship interiors were nicely modeled from the the movie though the outdoor areas looked like ass.

The story left a lot unanswered, the ending sucked and was preceded by the shortest and easiest end boss fight I've ever done.

The multiplayer is just pants-on-head unbalanced, as a marine just keep your back to the wall and you're golden, as the xeno, you're pretty much screwed.

Overall the game is godawful, it feels unfinished and to have a season pass offered on day one feels like a slap in the face, I don't know how this could get so messed up after what they showed at E3. It should be illegal to release a game in such a state.
  20. Feb 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you could look past the graphics but with a game that has been in the process of ten year of development I didn’t expect anything more but to start of the game looked promising for the first half hour or so with the suspense of seeing a xenomorph in the shadows and not being able to shot it and with structure collapsing around you. Even being handed a motion scanner seemed to give this game a good vibe about the but unfortunately after the first level you had already seen all the game had to really throw at you. With very short cut scenes with terrible dialogue you couldn’t really connect with the very basic story line that didn’t keep you entertained. The more and more you progressed with the game the more you noticed how bland the environments, characters and guns etc really are and to make it worse the game was littered with countless numbers of glitches I found myself of teammates stuck in walls, falling through floors and shots from guns not registering. As promised I expected an intelligent alien AI to figure out how to hide in the shadows and surprise attacks but instead all I experienced was countless hordes of aliens running strait at you giving you plenty of time to react and kill with a few blasts of your guns. With the final boss being the Queen the game had a chance to restore some pride by giving you a badass boss battle to end but were let down again with a boss that can be easily defeated within a couple of minutes with teamwork, no bullets needed. This is the first game in a while that I couldn’t think on really any good points and that I was left thinking I have wasted my time and I was glad that it had ended.
    Multiplayer is also a huge disappointment with very weak aliens with bad controls and near to impossible to kill marines and a huge lack of customisation that was supposed to be a huge point to look unique online. Levels have a good size to them but with a lack of players in each round you can spend a while just trying to find enemies rather than being in the action.

To summarise this game it is very short to which you can complete in about 5 hours (11 levels) and you don’t need tactics to complete this game with ease just an itchy trigger finger and the game becomes very irritating with a countless number of glitches. The only thing I liked about the game was a Easter egg from the movie Spaceballs which brought a smile to my face. If you are a fan of Alien and don’t want to be let down avoid this game as you will be left disappointed.
  21. Feb 18, 2013
    This game is terrible. I am simply stunned that it has found an audience of people who are prepared to defend it. With all the innovations and steps forward in modern gaming its amazing that this game manages to emulate shooters from 5 years ago so effortlessly. Graphics are awful, story is awful, gameplay is awful. Everything...is simply awful.
  22. Feb 13, 2013
    Aliens CM is a disappointment. The promotion trailers for the game showed that you were in for a quick, fast paced, adrenaline ride campaign. Sadly the campaign is the complete opposite. Slow, boring with no real drive for you to keep playing. It's a shame really because at times you can see what this game could have been. The environments look like Aliens, the game sounds like Aliens,Aliens CM is a disappointment. The promotion trailers for the game showed that you were in for a quick, fast paced, adrenaline ride campaign. Sadly the campaign is the complete opposite. Slow, boring with no real drive for you to keep playing. It's a shame really because at times you can see what this game could have been. The environments look like Aliens, the game sounds like Aliens, but it doesn't feel like Aliens.

The multiplayer has it's good moments and contains more thrills than the boring, lackluster campaign.
    You play online games of Aliens Vs Marines in a few game modes. The escape mode is the more interesting option as the marines have to travel from A-B whilst being hunted down by the alien hoarde. This means welding doors shut, placing sentries and using iconic big weaponry like the Smart Gun. Whilst it's all fun for the marines, the aliens are extremely easy to dispatch meaning playing as the aliens can be quite boring. The biggest downside to this game mode is that it's only on 2 maps so this can get old, real quick.

Other games modes are available such as standard team deathmatch (which feels really unbalanced at present) and extermination (think domination on Call of Duty)

Sadly across the multiplayer and the single player is poor game engine that never seems to work. Walking down stairs looks ridiculous because there is no animation, just bouncing up and down and the game is rampant with bugs, textures popping in and out and is simply a graphical mess.

All and all, I enjoy the game at times, but not enough to recommend to anyone but extreme fans of the Aliens universe.
  23. Feb 13, 2013
    Unfortunately pre ordered the game. Avoid Avoid Avoid! If you want to buy this just watch a walkthrough and it will dispel the hype and your hopes. Developers, please ban the word "Hoorah" from all videogames effective immediately.
    One chapter in Colonic Latrines is actually called "Hoorah to Ashes" Really?! No wonder the writer of the game story Mike Neumann took a cruise after this, hopefully there's a free bar. They left out things so you have to buy horde mode in DLC adding your losses to $75. Sorry Gearbox you know that's the main thing people loved (rebellions AVP) and you left it out. Dirty. Cash grab attempt to cover the money they know they're gonna lose on this game.
  24. Feb 19, 2013
    I wonder how much SEGA paid EGM to rate this awful game a 90. Anyway this game is really bad. Screen tear is noticeable and the graphics is bad. If you're an Alien/s fan probably get this on PC with all the mods, which I guess wouldn't save this unfinished mess
  25. Feb 23, 2013
    A Complete putrid POS. What the hell were they thinking?! Awful story, horrible graphics, and inept AI left this game in shambles. Multiplayer was a joke. And a bad joke at that. And it being an 'Aliens' game where the hell were they for the first 3 missions out of the 11? It is an Aliens game right? So why does it turn out to be a CoD? Who sabotaged this game?! I want to know who didA Complete putrid POS. What the hell were they thinking?! Awful story, horrible graphics, and inept AI left this game in shambles. Multiplayer was a joke. And a bad joke at that. And it being an 'Aliens' game where the hell were they for the first 3 missions out of the 11? It is an Aliens game right? So why does it turn out to be a CoD? Who sabotaged this game?! I want to know who did it! But the game's environment and sound samples where dead on. But those two things could not save this game. Its a complete mess. Expand
  26. Feb 19, 2013
    Just terrible. Gearbox was completely dishonest to both the media and it's fans and knowingly released a product that was different than what they were showing only a few months earlier. Although Gearbox is remaining silent on the issue, it appears likely that the bulk of the game was farmed out to other development studios. All in all, this game is an example of exactly how not to run a studio.
  27. Feb 13, 2013
    This game is total GARBAGE! Anyone who rates this game over a 5 either works for Gearbox/Sega or knows nothing about videogames. I rented this thinking how bad can it really be...ohhh how I found out. Finished the campaign on hardest difficulty with about 30/50 achievements in about five hours. There are really about three levels in the game that you go back and fourth through three timesThis game is total GARBAGE! Anyone who rates this game over a 5 either works for Gearbox/Sega or knows nothing about videogames. I rented this thinking how bad can it really be...ohhh how I found out. Finished the campaign on hardest difficulty with about 30/50 achievements in about five hours. There are really about three levels in the game that you go back and fourth through three times with different lighting. All you do is shoot wave after wave of the same enemies over and over again then the credits role.. after the worst final boss encounter in years. Multiplayer is nothing that hasn't been done in every other game this generation. The only redeeming value to this experience was the sound effects which are spot on with the films. Believe it or not the terrible Alien Vs. Predator game from a few years back seems like a masterpiece compared to this trash. Shame on Gearbox for this terrible letdown of a product for all the fans of the Aliens franchise, fans of their previous work, and ruining the opportunity to create canon material for a movie franchise. THIS IS THE CANDIDATE FOR WORST GAME OF THE YEAR!! Expand
  28. Feb 17, 2013
    I rented Aliens before I would spend another sixty dollars for a game I wasn't too sure about. I am glad I did because I wouldn't have spent thirty dollars on this game. While I did have a little bit of fun with a few hours of multiplayer matches the overall quality of game was not fully up to the sixty dollar price tag. As a gamer I am telling you to wait until this game is cheaper or toI rented Aliens before I would spend another sixty dollars for a game I wasn't too sure about. I am glad I did because I wouldn't have spent thirty dollars on this game. While I did have a little bit of fun with a few hours of multiplayer matches the overall quality of game was not fully up to the sixty dollar price tag. As a gamer I am telling you to wait until this game is cheaper or to rent it like I did. Expand
  29. Feb 12, 2013
    So, apparently it takes years of delays and disappointment before you can release a truly awful game. Aliens: Colonial Marines is exhibit A. This comes from a big Aliens fan who has waited and waited for this title to be released.
    The graphics and textures make you think you're playing on the original Xbox, the story for the woefully short game is also dire (yes, a game with less than 6 hours of gameplay), no tension in the game and the motion tracker is a waste of time.
    Looks like Sega replaced their 'QA' dept with a 'Do we look bothered about the product' department.
    Don't get me started with the strange option to put a supressor onto your pulse rifle, only to find that you can't take it back off). Leave this load of rubbish well alone and keep your hard earned cash in your pocket.
  30. Feb 13, 2013
    The demo footage that was shown at E3 for this game looked absolutely amazing. There was dynamic lighting, the game had tonnes of atmosphere the enemy AI was slick. The same unfortunately cannot be said for the finished product which has no resemblance to the demo whatsoever and could be a completely different game all together. Put briefly, this is another FPS COD clone but so much worseThe demo footage that was shown at E3 for this game looked absolutely amazing. There was dynamic lighting, the game had tonnes of atmosphere the enemy AI was slick. The same unfortunately cannot be said for the finished product which has no resemblance to the demo whatsoever and could be a completely different game all together. Put briefly, this is another FPS COD clone but so much worse to the point of unplayability, the graphics are so outdated poor that explosions look like they are from an N64 game, with jagged textures and bugs rearing their heads at every possible moment. Gearbox have clearly LIED outright to gamers everywhere with the demo of this game I for one will not be purchasing a game from them in future, as a fan of the ALIENS franchise I found this not only hugely disappointing but also grossly offensive, it is one giant spit in fans' gamers' faces alike. Expand
  31. Feb 12, 2013
    Nothing short of Call of Duty: Aliens. -Terrible AI
    -NPCS are unaware of whats happening
    -No scares, no frightening moments that you would expect from this game -HOLD DOWN TRIGGER TO KILL MINDLESS ENEMIES -Lazy Level Design, only 5hours. I repeat 5hours. -Lazy writing -BS ending -2 maps in multiplayer. enough said. This is another case of a developer trying to F*ck gamers and
    Nothing short of Call of Duty: Aliens. -Terrible AI
    -NPCS are unaware of whats happening
    -No scares, no frightening moments that you would expect from this game
    -HOLD DOWN TRIGGER TO KILL MINDLESS ENEMIES
    -Lazy Level Design, only 5hours. I repeat 5hours.
    -Lazy writing
    -BS ending
    -2 maps in multiplayer. enough said. This is another case of a developer trying to F*ck gamers and fanboys of a well beloved franchise, putting in little effort and hoping to cash in on poor helpless fans. a 5 hour campaign is disgraceful for a 60.00 pricepoint. What's even more insulting is the 29.99 "season pass"
    Thanks for giving us a completely barren multiplayer experience and expect us to hand over the dough. I don't think so. F*ck you gearbox.THIS GAME IS GARBAGE AND DESERVES A 2/10

1. Apr 3, 2013
    There was a lot of hope for Aliens: Colonial Marines but it seems the gaming world is let down with another attempt to make a successful film tie in. The review should give you a few good reasons why the game suffers but other aspects such as the overused catchphrase ‘Stay frosty!’ and anticlimactic ending are a couple more to add to the list and this is why you should wait until this game gets thrown into the bargain bin before you purchase.
  2. Apr 1, 2013
    I'm not that witty, but I am pretty vulgar—as a result, all I can say is that if Aliens: Colonial Marines had been fished out of a Marine's colon during emergency surgery it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
  3. Mar 24, 2013
    An unremarkable FPS plagued by dim AI and repetitive set-pieces. [Apr 2013, p.68]