Aliens: Colonial Marines Xbox 360

3.9

1. Feb 12, 2013
    This is going to be one of those "love or hate" type games, which to me is a complete surprise. I will admit I am a huge fan of the Alien universe and I actually think Gearbox have done a good job of making this game. The story is quite enjoyable and even though there is the occasional animation glitch etc overall I think the game is really polished. You can tell that the people whoThis is going to be one of those "love or hate" type games, which to me is a complete surprise. I will admit I am a huge fan of the Alien universe and I actually think Gearbox have done a good job of making this game. The story is quite enjoyable and even though there is the occasional animation glitch etc overall I think the game is really polished. You can tell that the people who designed this game like the Aliens lore too. There are some nice and subtle throw backs to Aliens. Co-op is good fun and holds up well although the teleporting back together when people split up too much is a bit of a let down. I'm really enjoying the VS multiplayer as there are plenty of decent unlocks and it is done a lot better than AvP's efforts. Controlling the Xenomorphs is now easier thanks to a 3rd person view.

I do think the campaign is pretty short but having split screen 2 player co-op, plus 4 player online co-op and 5 vs 5 VS multiplayer makes up for the short campaign. I think this is a must if you are an Aliens fan and perhaps take a look first before deciding if you are not.
  2. Feb 12, 2013
    I'll be honest so far I'm really enjoying this game, I'll admit that the gameplay is just your typical FPS walk from point A to point B clearing out rooms of enemies and yes the graphics aren't going to win any awards but these problems haven't stopped me from enjoying the game... I still love it.

The story for this game is actually pretty decent and I won't spoil what happens but as a canonical sequel to the film it make sense, it also solves a major problem I had with Alien 3. While the story may not be as good as some recent attempts in gaming such as The Walking Dead, Spec Ops: The Line or Assassin's Creed 3 (Well the Haytham/Connor sections anyway) the story is still entertaining and (for me at least) memorable.

Now I'll admit that this game probably only deserves a 6.5 at most but the reason I scored this game a 9 is because I am a really big fan of the Alien series and the fan service here is incredible, areas from the film are recreated perfectly, Newts doll (Casey) can still be found in the sewer where it was dropped, A lot of the original cast such as Lance Henrikson and Michael Biehn return to reprise their roles in one form or another. You get to ride a power loader, the list goes on. The fan service alone made me want to push through this game to see what else I could find. I know this may sound stupid seeing as I'm giving the game a 9 but that's all I ever want from licensed games.... games that entertain me as a fan of the source materiel and boy did this game deliver.

If you are a fan of the Alien film series or just Aliens then their should be enough fan service to entertain you and make you look past most of the faults in this game however if you are just looking for an amazing FPS then maybe here is not the place to look.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my opinion on the game, but remember at the end of the day that's all it is... my opinion, you may disagree with me.
  3. Mar 12, 2013
    Ok graphics may not be top drawer, but gameplay is very good. What you need to recall is that the original Aliens movie wasn't an amazing film in the first place, it had ropey effects and cheesy acting, oh and don't forget the 80's hair, but what it did have was loads of guns and loads of aliens getting killed.
    What Sega have achieved is a game which reflects the feeling of the game
    What Sega have achieved is a game which reflects the feeling of the game without overshadowing the Aliens movie... my advice if you enjoy Alien trilogy give it a go, I've played about 5 hrs on Hardened and i am enjoying it far more than i did Dead Space 3...
  4. Jul 28, 2013
    The game is terrible, awful AI and terrible graphics... That was what I thought before the patch, now, the game has good voice acting, good graphics, good AI and there have been a few moments where I have actually been scared by the game. Although this game is not the one shown to us in 2012 at E3, the game is great and I would highly recommend it to everyone, even people who are not fansThe game is terrible, awful AI and terrible graphics... That was what I thought before the patch, now, the game has good voice acting, good graphics, good AI and there have been a few moments where I have actually been scared by the game. Although this game is not the one shown to us in 2012 at E3, the game is great and I would highly recommend it to everyone, even people who are not fans of the Aliens franchise. Expand
  5. Feb 13, 2013
    I do not understand some of the low scores. The game has promise and is great fun. I liked the film tie-ins (pretty much most of the game) and a few loose ends that were tied up that fans of the series could probably predict. The game could have done with graphical polish, as textures load in late etc. However the lighting was done well. The AI needs significant improvement as friendly AII do not understand some of the low scores. The game has promise and is great fun. I liked the film tie-ins (pretty much most of the game) and a few loose ends that were tied up that fans of the series could probably predict. The game could have done with graphical polish, as textures load in late etc. However the lighting was done well. The AI needs significant improvement as friendly AI barely scratches the enemy health. The multilayer is great fun with good customisation, however escape and survivor only have two maps each. Overall I think fans of the series would like this game, and it doesn't deserve such low scores. Hopefully they can fix some of the bugs in patches and release more maps as DLC. Expand
  6. Feb 12, 2013
    This game pays homage to the movies very well. So if you are a fan of the movies I would say it is a must to have. Now as for the all the other things going on with the game. Over all it is an good fps with some of the draw backs of all the fps out there with the normal things that go wrong with jumping and weird animation glitches. The sounds of the game are close to the movie since iThis game pays homage to the movies very well. So if you are a fan of the movies I would say it is a must to have. Now as for the all the other things going on with the game. Over all it is an good fps with some of the draw backs of all the fps out there with the normal things that go wrong with jumping and weird animation glitches. The sounds of the game are close to the movie since i heard they wanted to do a slightly different version of them compared to the movie. I have played through most of the game now and seen only a few negatives like the revive system is a little off. and the aliens jump around. The crazy thing i found most funny about the game is friendly fire is on. It took a few times playing to see this. So remember play nice with others and take firing lines other there will be alot of team killing. For the multiplayer this is all fun and games since they have 4 different types of game play invovled and this is where the game really shines. survival and extermination and escape are the best due to the new flavor they put into the game types. Expand
  7. Feb 13, 2013
    Overall a fantastic entry in the Aliens franchise. The one thing this game does really well is ambiance! The sounds are all dead on and nothing is creepier than hearing the motion tracker go off and knowing they are coming for you. Is it the best FPS ever, no but it is damn good i have to say. The visuals are nice and environments look good as do the aliens. The only thing I can sayOverall a fantastic entry in the Aliens franchise. The one thing this game does really well is ambiance! The sounds are all dead on and nothing is creepier than hearing the motion tracker go off and knowing they are coming for you. Is it the best FPS ever, no but it is damn good i have to say. The visuals are nice and environments look good as do the aliens. The only thing I can say is this game MUST be played in the dark, it simply doesn't work in the day. If you enjoy the franchise overall, this is the game you have been waiting for in the long list of entries that have been made in this series. The MP seems fairly decent but I have yet to spend a decent amount of time with it so can't comment too much as of yet. I will say that it is very satisfying to use the aliens and leap across the screen onto an unsuspecting victim and tear their head off!!! Expand
  8. Feb 15, 2013
    Lemme get this straight. 184 people already bought this game or rented it are calling it garbage. I see nothing tht negative about it. Just purchased it guess what? I like it. If ur comparing to a halo to a cod etc yes its not tht. But I dnt recall it claiming to be tht. Just enjoy tht its different. Haven't dun multi yet as im doin campaign. How bout this novel idea support the gameLemme get this straight. 184 people already bought this game or rented it are calling it garbage. I see nothing tht negative about it. Just purchased it guess what? I like it. If ur comparing to a halo to a cod etc yes its not tht. But I dnt recall it claiming to be tht. Just enjoy tht its different. Haven't dun multi yet as im doin campaign. How bout this novel idea support the game just maybe we can get a better sequel. Tx sega. Sheesh u fools on the bandwagon kill me. Expand
  9. Feb 17, 2013
    Can't understand the negativity about this game. It's a lot of fun especially if you are a fan of the movies. Sure the graphics are merely adequate rather than spectacular, but the atmosphere is great and the fun factor is high. Co-op is where it shines I am enjoying this more than other recent co-op games like FC3 and BL2
  10. Feb 13, 2013
    I've been playing this game non-stop since I got it today and cannot understand all the criticism. I don't know what people expect from a game that is a sequel to a film made in 1986. First of all, Black Ops 2, this ain't. Its a love letter to fans of the film Aliens. There are some graphical glitches (and i've experienced some in Black Ops2, Halo, etc but these do not detract from theI've been playing this game non-stop since I got it today and cannot understand all the criticism. I don't know what people expect from a game that is a sequel to a film made in 1986. First of all, Black Ops 2, this ain't. Its a love letter to fans of the film Aliens. There are some graphical glitches (and i've experienced some in Black Ops2, Halo, etc but these do not detract from the game's story, which is faithful to the films. The actual gameplay is what I expected; which is great. The sound effects, look and graphics are great. I mean, its not Resident Evil in space (eg Dead Space)...its a bunch of marines, armed to the teeth with one common enemy, the 'Xenomorph.' If you're looking for 'diversity' then you won't find it in the Aliens universe, unless you'd prefer to be blasting 'PredAliens' or other silly concoctions. People keep talking about 'tension'....this isn't Dead Space...i think its as tense as it should be but Its safety numbers. You're not Ripley, you're not Special Ops, you're a Colonial Marine, and that perspective is very different to other similar games. The clue is in the name; Colonial Marines not Colonial Marine.... I guess in someways its like the solo mindset of Black Ops 2 vs the Team-Based play of Battlefield 3. That applies to single player as much as multiplayer. Expand
  11. Feb 18, 2013
    I am a huge Aliens fan. This game is made for THAT person. I don't even think that the campaign is that short as long as you don't play it on the cry baby easy setting. It has tons of Alien "eggs" for you to discover. As in "Easter eggs". Lot's of content that bring you into the universe of the "ALIENS" movie. I don't want to spoil it. But, you may want to polish up on your knowledgeI am a huge Aliens fan. This game is made for THAT person. I don't even think that the campaign is that short as long as you don't play it on the cry baby easy setting. It has tons of Alien "eggs" for you to discover. As in "Easter eggs". Lot's of content that bring you into the universe of the "ALIENS" movie. I don't want to spoil it. But, you may want to polish up on your knowledge of the movies. Because some of the stuff is really subtle. But, it's there. And, it's cool. There is a lot of ACTION in this game. Yes, it's run and gun. But, that's what being on a "bug hunt" IS. Just hearing the "pulse rifle" and "smart gun" blasting in 7.1 surround sound really pulls you in. The graphics are not BAD like a lot of the mega-nerds are describing. They aren't incredible. But, they definitely are cool enough to pull you in. The SOUND CREW is what gets an A+++++ from me. Everything from the gun sounds, motion tracker to stepping on aliens residue has been done to perfection. Top that all off with music that sounds like it is right from the movie and you have one heck of a cool action game for an alien fan.

Anyway, because of the reviews, you can probably get this game for under $40 in a month. But, I think it's cool enough to pay $60. Yes, this game could have been SPECTACULAR and ended up being below that standard/expectation. But, I enjoyed every second of this game.

Turn off the lights and blast the stereo sound and I guarantee you will have fun with this one if you like the movie ALIENS at all.
  12. Feb 18, 2013
    Aliens: Colonial Marines is a very fun game with many game modes that have kept me hooked to my Xbox for the past week now. Sure the story isn't strong, but the game play that reminds me so much of the original Alien vs Predator games for PC by Rebellion and that has kept me coming back for more despite the lack luster campaign. However, that's not why I bought the game...I bought it forAliens: Colonial Marines is a very fun game with many game modes that have kept me hooked to my Xbox for the past week now. Sure the story isn't strong, but the game play that reminds me so much of the original Alien vs Predator games for PC by Rebellion and that has kept me coming back for more despite the lack luster campaign. However, that's not why I bought the game...I bought it for a fun coop game that I could play with friends and to pay homage to perhaps one of my favorite movie series of all time. When I saw where Hudson was dragged under the floor to his presumed death I got one of the biggest smiles I have ever had on my face. Now online is where this game truly shines in my opinion despite lacking a coop survival mode where my friends and I could survive wave after wave of regular A.I. controlled aliens. Now the online gameplay consists of four main modes that all have similar, yet distinctive gameplay that forces one to adopt new strategies on both sides of the playground. Survivor is perhaps my least favorite as the environment isn't the largest and the marines only last until their armor is completely taken away by the Alien players...once that happens..."Game over man!" despite this I have found that it is perhaps the best mode to test the defensive skill of yourself and friends online.

Next is Team Deathmatch mode, now I was hesitant to play this mode first as I expected the Marines to completely destroy the Alien team like they do in Escape and Survivor mode, but boy could I ever be further from the truth. TDM starts the Marine out with no armor to even the playing field a bit and it is truly a success in my opinion. Nothing is better than stalking a lone marine and lunging across the battleground to pummel him into the ground. NOTE you can do this on any game mode.

Next is Escape mode, this is mode is basically nothing more than the Aliens amusing the marines constantly while trying to separate one player at a trim before they reach the next checkpoint. The beginning is especially tough as the marines have armor and are much harder to kill, but as the distances to the checkpoints increase the more that armor is rendered useless by constant alien attacks. The atmosphere is tense and heart racing as you race with your squad while checking every few meters to see if any alien is on the motion sensor. NEVER GO ALONE!

Last and perhaps my favorite mode is Extermination mode where the Marines have to control points on the map to destroy egg caches as the Aliens try to stop them. This mode allows the aliens to coordinate their attacks better than any other mode, except maybe Escape mode, and slaughter the marines in one all out charge. Do I hear Zerg Rush anyone? The marines have no armor in this mode and it either equalizes the the two teams or the Aliens just completely destroy the marines. No worries though if you are a marine as you will just switch species mid round to take revenge upon those fleshy mortals we aliens like to call dinner!

So other than some blotchy gameplay that will likely be fixed in a patch soon and a rather lacking storyline. Aliens: Colonial Marines delivers an extremely fun and entertaining game that will keep you coming back to fulfill challenges or to experience another Glorious Day in the Corps as the Sgt once said!

Once you get it...just remember to "Stay Frosty!"
  13. Feb 24, 2013
    This game has been getting a lot of bad reviews, so let me address some concerns. It's true that this game doesn't have the best graphics. The textures can take I've five seconds to load in and the facial animations for cutscenes may as well be non-exestant. Luckely, the majority of the game does not take place inside of a cutscene so you don't need to worry too much about that. AnotherThis game has been getting a lot of bad reviews, so let me address some concerns. It's true that this game doesn't have the best graphics. The textures can take I've five seconds to load in and the facial animations for cutscenes may as well be non-exestant. Luckely, the majority of the game does not take place inside of a cutscene so you don't need to worry too much about that. Another complaints is that the ai is dumb. Switching the difficulty up to hard essentially makes this problem go away. When the xenos can kill you in two hits the game becomes much more tense. The story is not to bad and the shooting is average. What really matters is that this game looks like aliens and more importantly sounds like aliens. There is nothing so sweet as the drone of a pulse rifle. If you like aliens you will probably like this game. If you don't care about aliens and just want a good first person shooter then you should go buy halo 4 instead. It's really good. Expand
  14. Feb 12, 2013
    The enjoyment factor with this game I think is directly proportional to how much enjoyment you got from the Aliens film. If you loved the film then I think you can look past the nuances of the game and just absorb the overall atmosphere. This game, although set after the film, is an homage plain and simple. As a first person shooter this would receive a low score, I have to be honest.The enjoyment factor with this game I think is directly proportional to how much enjoyment you got from the Aliens film. If you loved the film then I think you can look past the nuances of the game and just absorb the overall atmosphere. This game, although set after the film, is an homage plain and simple. As a first person shooter this would receive a low score, I have to be honest. But as a game trying to capture the essence of a movie I think it works. It made me want to watch Aliens again. It sparked memories of the film with achievement titles and collectibles. I did notice the issues with graphics, sound and game-play. But I would say noticed, the issues are to an extent overcome by the immersion the game itself offers. But that immersion is only truly available I think to a real fan of the film. So I totally understand the mixed reactions here. What I will say is I can feel some love from the developers in this game. Not in terms of super graphics or amazing game play. But in managing to achieve what I think they set out to do, which was capture an essence. Expand
  15. Feb 20, 2013
    Not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Sure the graphics are about the same as Duke Nukem forever, but I rented this game through gamefly, and I had fun playing it, this game has a lot of potential, I actually played the multiplayer mode for a few hours, playing as a xeno is glitchy at times but it was fun as hell. The story itself was fine, some cool twist near the end for someNot as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Sure the graphics are about the same as Duke Nukem forever, but I rented this game through gamefly, and I had fun playing it, this game has a lot of potential, I actually played the multiplayer mode for a few hours, playing as a xeno is glitchy at times but it was fun as hell. The story itself was fine, some cool twist near the end for some major characters from the movie. Rent it and give it a try Expand
  16. Feb 16, 2013
    To Start off Aliens Coloniel Marines is not a graphically impressive game. It does have some minor texture flaws and what not. But all in all the game is pretty awesome. I'm currently going through the game on Ultimate Badass and im impressed. GearBox have made a wonderful attempt at the aliens franchise. Its not a perfect game by any means but its still a wonderful and awesome game.To Start off Aliens Coloniel Marines is not a graphically impressive game. It does have some minor texture flaws and what not. But all in all the game is pretty awesome. I'm currently going through the game on Ultimate Badass and im impressed. GearBox have made a wonderful attempt at the aliens franchise. Its not a perfect game by any means but its still a wonderful and awesome game. Aliens Coloniel Marines keeps the intensity going with the dark corridors and bleeping of your radar. All in all i would recommend Aliens CM. Expand
  17. Feb 12, 2013
    Now if you are a Aliens fan you will love this game. I am a Aliens fan and I did enjoy the game but there were things that stuck out. The A.I is times really stupid and their are a few bugs when I played.(I installed the game so there wasnt so many). If you are not an Aliens fan then I would wait till price drop. The customization in the game is pretty cool. You get to make your own marineNow if you are a Aliens fan you will love this game. I am a Aliens fan and I did enjoy the game but there were things that stuck out. The A.I is times really stupid and their are a few bugs when I played.(I installed the game so there wasnt so many). If you are not an Aliens fan then I would wait till price drop. The customization in the game is pretty cool. You get to make your own marine and xeno. The story at times is ok and at other times it is slow. The online is fun if you have friends playing with you. Or its just a game to pass the time with. The graphics feel 2009 but you have to remember that graphics dont determine a game, the gameplay does. Well the gameplay feels fun at times in SP but in the multiplayer its fun as hell when you got your friends and shootin xenos. This game is meant really for Aliens fans. Collapse
  18. Feb 12, 2013
    If your a fan of the series than you will love this. Everyone complains about graphics but honestly who the cares if the gameplay is fun. The campaign is a true sequel to Aliens and everyone has wanted that since the terrible Alien 3. This isn't Halo 4 graphics but it sure beats the hell out of the graphics Call of Duty has been using for years. Seriously though the game has been inIf your a fan of the series than you will love this. Everyone complains about graphics but honestly who the cares if the gameplay is fun. The campaign is a true sequel to Aliens and everyone has wanted that since the terrible Alien 3. This isn't Halo 4 graphics but it sure beats the hell out of the graphics Call of Duty has been using for years. Seriously though the game has been in development for years, it can't be all that bad. So far I'm having a blast and don't be so biased off of reviews. Expand
  19. Feb 12, 2013
    Definitely a marmite game but as a fan of the series I can say that I loved this game, the environments from the film, the xenos themselves and little attentions to detail such as Bishops legs, Newts doll etc all make this a fans dream. The gunplay is essentially the same as any other FPS, but why fix what isn't broken.

For everyone who is saying the game sucks because the graphics are

For everyone who is saying the game sucks because the graphics are poor, yes the game doesn't match the graphical strengths of Far Cry 3, Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 but that shouldn't matter good graphics don't make a good game. Also every single environment that features in both the film and game is almost perfectly recreated inch by inch, does it look photo realistic? No, but at least it shows that Gearbox put the effort in to make good environments.

Overall a lot of people will definitely hate this game, but personally I love it. If I had to some up this game in ten words I would say "Another glorious day in the Corps. I love the Corps."
  20. Feb 12, 2013
    People will either hate this game or love this game. Are there some issues? Yes. The AI is average at best and Gearbox's engine is showing it's age in terms of visuals. But if you are a fan of the Alien franchise, you are going to enjoy actually stepping into a chapter tailored specifically to pick up right where Aliens left off. The 4-player drop-in, drop-out co-op is solid and there arePeople will either hate this game or love this game. Are there some issues? Yes. The AI is average at best and Gearbox's engine is showing it's age in terms of visuals. But if you are a fan of the Alien franchise, you are going to enjoy actually stepping into a chapter tailored specifically to pick up right where Aliens left off. The 4-player drop-in, drop-out co-op is solid and there are some stretches of action that will make it so you don't want to put the controller down. The length of the campaign is suspect, but it's just as long as any other FPS game out there (6-8 hours) depending on what difficulty you play on. The thing that will keep you coming back for more though is the very addictive versus and co-op multiplayer modes. The thing you have to ask yourself is what you want from this game. Are you looking for a fun excursion into the Aliens universe? Then this is for you. If you are looking for something will turn the industry on its head, then yes, you will be disappointed. But damn if this isn't a fun bug hunt. Expand
  21. Feb 12, 2013
    Ignore the critics. Seen across the board is bland graphics and terrible AI. Coming from a huge fan of the series, I throughly enjoy this game. The sound design is excellent and the co-op is excellent! Critics judge this game based on specs and not actual narrative. At least rent it and try it.
  22. Feb 12, 2013
    Aliens:CM is definitely a love/hate kind of game. The graphics are definitely dated. Installing it on my hard drive helped making them a bit more bearable. The versus mode is definitely fun in my opinion. I played on a 360 and it matchmaking did not take a long time. Aliens nor the marines felt like they were overpowered. It helps if you communicate to pick if the marines though. All I canAliens:CM is definitely a love/hate kind of game. The graphics are definitely dated. Installing it on my hard drive helped making them a bit more bearable. The versus mode is definitely fun in my opinion. I played on a 360 and it matchmaking did not take a long time. Aliens nor the marines felt like they were overpowered. It helps if you communicate to pick if the marines though. All I can say is if you love aliens then this might be A game for you. I didn't feel that aliens was a suspenseful film nor did it provide jumps, it was to me a more of an action movie, so this game didn't feel like it missed to capture the film. Expand
  23. Feb 17, 2013
    Very, very, very confused at the negativity this game has received. I didn't pre-order this game, but I did go and buy it the first night it came out. I'm a huge Aliens fan (films 1,2,3) and this game successfully captures that gritty late 80s early 90's Si-Fi vibe in a major way. Any diehard fan of the films will play each level over and over again. The score, sound effects, and setVery, very, very confused at the negativity this game has received. I didn't pre-order this game, but I did go and buy it the first night it came out. I'm a huge Aliens fan (films 1,2,3) and this game successfully captures that gritty late 80s early 90's Si-Fi vibe in a major way. Any diehard fan of the films will play each level over and over again. The score, sound effects, and set pieces are all perfectly replicated. I agree that graphically its not on par with even mid-cycle current gen standards, but it captures something that no game since AVP 1 (story) and AVP2 (multiplayer) have been able to accomplish. Don't buy the hype. It seems reviewers were in a haste to put out their elitist insights and didn't give the game the time it deserves. At first glance, you'll be apprehensive to sign off on this IP, but after about an hour of the campain or Multiplayer matches, you'll be hooked, count on it. Expand
  24. Feb 21, 2013
    Not the greatest game ever made by far and I did encounter some weird glitches but overall its a pretty good game, AI wasnt the best but it responded fairly well, controls were good and were responsive and why does everyone keep complaining about the graphics? Good graphics dont equal amazing gameplay people (look at minecraft as an example of why graphics don't matter), quite a fewNot the greatest game ever made by far and I did encounter some weird glitches but overall its a pretty good game, AI wasnt the best but it responded fairly well, controls were good and were responsive and why does everyone keep complaining about the graphics? Good graphics dont equal amazing gameplay people (look at minecraft as an example of why graphics don't matter), quite a few reviews have marked it down solely because of graphics. My opinion is it's not going to win many (if any) awards but the game is solid and the DLC they plan to release may be incredible, the game isn't finished people, there will be Patches, Updates and Add-Ons that take this game to a whole new level. Expand
  25. May 17, 2013
    I honestly don't see anything wrong with this game.
    It offers a suspenseful thrill with a controlled fast pace.
    Guns are Aim-Down-Sight just like Modern Warfare. You can upgrade and customize them with simple decals.. The story as good as Modern Warfare 2. If I had one complaint it'd be not having the ability to pick up decease’s weapons. Graphics were great on the 360, it's
    I honestly don't see anything wrong with this game.
    It offers a suspenseful thrill with a controlled fast pace.

Guns are Aim-Down-Sight just like Modern Warfare.
    You can upgrade and customize them with simple decals..

The story as good as Modern Warfare 2.
    Graphics were great on the 360, it's directx 9 so you won't get all that hi-res.

Finding memorabilia throughout from the movie was exciting.
    The smart-gun is the best I've seen in any game.

With a name like Colonial Marines I would expect to see them running random missions and having the ability to drive the APC.

Maybe one day.
  26. Feb 12, 2013
    Reviews for Aliens: Colonial Marines are VERY harsh! The graphics are fine, they look a little dated sure but it is forgivable given that it runs fairly smoothly at 60fps. The xeno's are scary, tough as nails and just when you think you can take them all down you can get stealth killed instantly. I am barely an Alien fan and I'm quite enjoying the game. The upgrade system is reallyReviews for Aliens: Colonial Marines are VERY harsh! The graphics are fine, they look a little dated sure but it is forgivable given that it runs fairly smoothly at 60fps. The xeno's are scary, tough as nails and just when you think you can take them all down you can get stealth killed instantly. I am barely an Alien fan and I'm quite enjoying the game. The upgrade system is really awesome, you level up the more you kill so not only do you feel like a boss when you shut all the creatures down but you get rewarded with XP for doing so. Not a terrible game by any means! I would suggest checking it out before you read a hundred CLEARLY biased reviews. Expand
  27. Feb 14, 2013
    To even review a game like this you HAVE to see the movies, there is a lot of details like the facehugger laying in the room where Ripley and Newt slept. Same is a sentury gun showed 4 bullets left and in the movies where is 10 left, I hope to find Newts doll in the sewers. if we look at the graphics well it´s not pretty and not like the demo far from it and there is to much action. ButTo even review a game like this you HAVE to see the movies, there is a lot of details like the facehugger laying in the room where Ripley and Newt slept. Same is a sentury gun showed 4 bullets left and in the movies where is 10 left, I hope to find Newts doll in the sewers. if we look at the graphics well it´s not pretty and not like the demo far from it and there is to much action. But the history is awesome, and I can´t wait for more campain DLC. The multiplayer mode is pretty good and fun, but if you get good at it, you will get very good, and ruin the multiplayer mode for all the others. It´s hard to controll the Xeno but with experience, ye they are going to die. Expand
  28. Feb 16, 2013
    PC Version. Graphics looks much much better than console version. Sometimes there are very nice lighting and shadows. Story is good, First time since 1986 we can play proper story in this franchise, Most of all I like multiplayer It is much better than AVP2010, it has nice dynamic and tension, many upgrades and other combination stuff, you can build your own soldier and xenomorph,PC Version. Graphics looks much much better than console version. Sometimes there are very nice lighting and shadows. Story is good, First time since 1986 we can play proper story in this franchise, Most of all I like multiplayer It is much better than AVP2010, it has nice dynamic and tension, many upgrades and other combination stuff, you can build your own soldier and xenomorph, and it is much better than Natural Selection 2 also, not boring( to me NS2 became boring very soon), it has nice graphics, many ways to play it, in the begining you must uprade your xenos to make them stronger, because they are rather weak on first level. Well if you are fan of Aliens and also wanna play better multiplayer than AVP2010 and Natural Selection 2. This is the game for you. Expand
  29. Feb 13, 2013
    I played single through the first actish, then I played some multi with a buddy, we had a blast. I like the frantic pace of team deathmatch, tried survival too, that wasnt quite as fun, but I really enjoyed playing as an alien. The sounds were awesome, I use turtle beach x400's that I just got so that may have helped but it was really immersive. The graphics arent amazing but I thinkI played single through the first actish, then I played some multi with a buddy, we had a blast. I like the frantic pace of team deathmatch, tried survival too, that wasnt quite as fun, but I really enjoyed playing as an alien. The sounds were awesome, I use turtle beach x400's that I just got so that may have helped but it was really immersive. The graphics arent amazing but I think they're passable. I would have rated it a 7-8 but i gave it a 10 to balance all the crap people are posting. Expand
  30. Feb 13, 2013
    This game is made for the Aliens enthusiast. If you love the movies you will LOVE this game. There is a fantastic twist near the end of the game that can't be missed. Most of the gripes that have been posted so far have been addressed in the patch, so don't let that deter you. Their is a lot of love that went into this game. It is unfortunate that the graphics could be better but thisThis game is made for the Aliens enthusiast. If you love the movies you will LOVE this game. There is a fantastic twist near the end of the game that can't be missed. Most of the gripes that have been posted so far have been addressed in the patch, so don't let that deter you. Their is a lot of love that went into this game. It is unfortunate that the graphics could be better but this game has been in production for 6 years and was started with older tech. It is actually incredible that they reached this level of polish considering what they started with. Please give this game a chance. Expand
  31. Feb 12, 2013

1. Apr 3, 2013
    There was a lot of hope for Aliens: Colonial Marines but it seems the gaming world is let down with another attempt to make a successful film tie in. The review should give you a few good reasons why the game suffers but other aspects such as the overused catchphrase ‘Stay frosty!’ and anticlimactic ending are a couple more to add to the list and this is why you should wait until this game gets thrown into the bargain bin before you purchase.
  2. Apr 1, 2013
    I'm not that witty, but I am pretty vulgar—as a result, all I can say is that if Aliens: Colonial Marines had been fished out of a Marine's colon during emergency surgery it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
  3. Mar 24, 2013
    An unremarkable FPS plagued by dim AI and repetitive set-pieces. [Apr 2013, p.68]