5.7

1. Jan 8, 2015
    This game is HORRIBLE. In every **** regard it is horrible. The enemies are nearly indestructible, They ALWAYS seem to know where you are. You are never given an indication on what the HELL you are supposed to do to defeat the bosses even if they can only be beaten in a particular manor. The game is just plain almost impossible to play due to it's difficult and the sheer amount of ****This game is HORRIBLE. In every **** regard it is horrible. The enemies are nearly indestructible, They ALWAYS seem to know where you are. You are never given an indication on what the HELL you are supposed to do to defeat the bosses even if they can only be beaten in a particular manor. The game is just plain almost impossible to play due to it's difficult and the sheer amount of **** you and thanks for the money!" feeling you get when you realize that you got suckered into shelling out your hard earned money on such a massive piece of **** It should be illegal to release games this bad! Expand
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    Absolute rubbish! This is such a terrible continuation of a series that more or less started the survival horror genre. While the visuals in genreal are pretty good, and the story does at least try, what really damages this game is the game itself. It's linear, boring and almost to the point that it feels almost like a on-rails game, except it's not.

Overall: If this game had no

Overall:
    If this game had no affiliation with the Alone in the Dark franchise I might have been kinder. But if you take on a big name like Alone in the Dark, you should do something worthy of the name. This game doesn't, at all.
  3. Aug 28, 2012
    I am doing this review for my friend who played this game.

My friend's an excellent gamer but in this game, he dies like every minute because of the controls. I don't know if they were experimenting with the controls, but seriously? Both movement and camera control in the same joystick? Who does that!?
  4. Mar 13, 2011
    I played it and tried to enjoy it. I failed.

C'mon people! These are the same geniuses who developed ObsCure!
    A great studio went bad with **** like "Fairy-Tale-Fights" and this peice of festering ****
  5. Feb 25, 2011
    I hope that "ALC." gets **** sincerely. Also I hope he gets anally violated at least 9 times today, and 10 times tomorrow. I think "ALC." is the freak byproduct of a freak genetic experiment to make the dumbest man alive, and it worked. It worked harder than I've ever witnessed anything work in my lifetime. What a piece of absolute **** you just know his parents don't love him. At least I do.

1. Every good idea here is brought down by bad basic design, including a shoddy third-person camera, a too-slow first-person mode, and bizarre forced switching between the two. [Sept 2008, p.82]
  2. The game is boring for long stretches, has an uneven level of difficulty and no worthwhile story.
  3. Is there anything good about Alone in the Dark? The fire effects are stunning and the music theme is quite good. Other than that though, nothing.