5.7

1. Apr 3, 2013
    Absolute rubbish! This is such a terrible continuation of a series that more or less started the survival horror genre. While the visuals in genreal are pretty good, and the story does at least try, what really damages this game is the game itself. It's linear, boring and almost to the point that it feels almost like a on-rails game, except it's not.

Overall: If this game had no

Overall:
    If this game had no affiliation with the Alone in the Dark franchise I might have been kinder. But if you take on a big name like Alone in the Dark, you should do something worthy of the name. This game doesn't, at all.
  2. Mar 19, 2012
    This game does have its merits. However, they are completely overshadowed by poor game mechanics, graphics, and overall gameplay. The story had great potential, and the concept was outstanding and kept me coming back for more. Each time I came back, I had renewed frustrations with it and ended up leaving it for something else every time. I'm sad that something that could have been soThis game does have its merits. However, they are completely overshadowed by poor game mechanics, graphics, and overall gameplay. The story had great potential, and the concept was outstanding and kept me coming back for more. Each time I came back, I had renewed frustrations with it and ended up leaving it for something else every time. I'm sad that something that could have been so good came out so badly. Expand
  3. Feb 25, 2011
    I hope that "ALC." gets **** sincerely. Also I hope he gets anally violated at least 9 times today, and 10 times tomorrow. I think "ALC." is the freak byproduct of a freak genetic experiment to make the dumbest man alive, and it worked. It worked harder than I've ever witnessed anything work in my lifetime. What a piece of absolute **** you just know his parents don't love him. At least I do.
  4. Mar 13, 2011
    I played it and tried to enjoy it. I failed.

C'mon people! These are the same geniuses who developed ObsCure!
    A great studio went bad with **** like "Fairy-Tale-Fights" and this peice of festering ****
  5. Aug 28, 2012
    I am doing this review for my friend who played this game.

My friend's an excellent gamer but in this game, he dies like every minute because of the controls. I don't know if they were experimenting with the controls, but seriously? Both movement and camera control in the same joystick? Who does that!?
  6. Mar 4, 2012
    This game has it's moments, it does. The controls are somewhat clunky but you get used to them. It's really cool how you can create different kinds of weapons and the driving in this game is awesome. It just needs to explain what the hell is more clearer.
  7. Nov 14, 2013
    Bought this game back on the Xbox 360 and it was in the horror genre of the games. Anyways I went ahead and played this game and I enjoyed it and I give it a 7.9 out of 10.
  8. Nov 25, 2014
    Sí, te pasas la mitad del juego acordándote del que hizo el control, pero la otra mitad alucinando por lo bueno que es. Un juego para auténticos jugadores, exigente, que no te da nada mascado, que no te guía de la manita y con una autentica variedad jugable en el desarrollo (los vídeos de guías completas no mienten, las críticas sí). Con una situación o reto nuevo a cada paso, que teSí, te pasas la mitad del juego acordándote del que hizo el control, pero la otra mitad alucinando por lo bueno que es. Un juego para auténticos jugadores, exigente, que no te da nada mascado, que no te guía de la manita y con una autentica variedad jugable en el desarrollo (los vídeos de guías completas no mienten, las críticas sí). Con una situación o reto nuevo a cada paso, que te obliga a pensar pero no demasiado. Pero por supuesto, no es un juego apto para torpes por todo lo dicho. Pero para mí, una obra maestra incomprendida. Expand
  9. Mar 20, 2013
    This game is so much better than I expected it to be after reading all the negative reviews. It is for sure a study in frustration to cope with some of the issues it has but in the end, if you make it to the end without throwing your gaming system out the window, you are left with a very unique and satisfying gaming experience. There is a lot to do in this game and some very interestingThis game is so much better than I expected it to be after reading all the negative reviews. It is for sure a study in frustration to cope with some of the issues it has but in the end, if you make it to the end without throwing your gaming system out the window, you are left with a very unique and satisfying gaming experience. There is a lot to do in this game and some very interesting and challenging puzzles. This game is well worth your time if you just relax and enjoy what it has to offer without getting too angry at the terrible controls. If you hang in there and keep trying it will reward your efforts with a perfect score. Expand
  10. Dec 1, 2013
    This game has a lot of good to it, but also a lot of frustratingly bad design. The system for creating items is very cool, new & interesting, the story is fairly compelling and I overall LIKE the game. I want to rate it higher, but truly, I can't. There's quite a few glaring issues that really should have been addressed before it was released. In terms of quality of the FUNCTION of theThis game has a lot of good to it, but also a lot of frustratingly bad design. The system for creating items is very cool, new & interesting, the story is fairly compelling and I overall LIKE the game. I want to rate it higher, but truly, I can't. There's quite a few glaring issues that really should have been addressed before it was released. In terms of quality of the FUNCTION of the game, I'd give it a 4. As far the quality of the CONTENT I would give it about a 7, impeded by some of the clunky animations, cheesier bits of the store and that really cheesy, terrible driving scene & everything that has to do with driving in this game also quite frustrating are the heat-seeking monsters that jump on the roof of the car and adjust for your direction in mid-air no matter how much you swerve... With a bit more time spent on making this game a quality game, it could have done very well I think. A class case of a rushed project. Expand
  11. Feb 19, 2015
    Я стою здесь…один…в темноте. Передо мною металлическая дверь в здании, напоминающем котельную. Где то там в одном из помещений корень зла, который я должен сжечь, корень, который охраняют одержимые. Допустим, я вышибу дверь и мне хватит патронов, смоченных бензином, но у меня остался лишь один бинт и это меня беспокоит. Ведь если меня ранят и я использую его для перевязки раны, что мнеЯ стою здесь…один…в темноте. Передо мною металлическая дверь в здании, напоминающем котельную. Где то там в одном из помещений корень зла, который я должен сжечь, корень, который охраняют одержимые. Допустим, я вышибу дверь и мне хватит патронов, смоченных бензином, но у меня остался лишь один бинт и это меня беспокоит. Ведь если меня ранят и я использую его для перевязки раны, что мне использовать в качестве фитиля для Молотова которым я хочу поджечь корень? Без вариантов, у меня один шанс на успех и ни одного на ошибку. Ну что ж, осталось вынести дверь огнетушителем и провернуть все погромче и побыстрее. Надеюсь, в этот раз у меня все получится…
    На дворе 2008 год. Мне 17, крестнику моего отца 13, и мы сидим на стульях в полумраке перед монитором моего пк и пытаемся выжить в мире Alone In The Dark. Сейчас мне 23 и я набираю первый пост на этом портале, посвященном играм, которые мы любим и тем, кто в них играет, рядом сидит моя любимая женщина и печатает рецензию на театральный спектакль, на дворе 2014, сентябрь месяц, а воспоминания от мрачного приключения Эдварда Карнби в центральном парке посещают меня и по сей день.

На моей памяти множество проектов, которые по тем или иным причинам были недооценены как прессой, так и игроками. Но «Alone in the Dark: Near Death Investigation» одна из тех, за которые по-настоящему обидно. Обидно, потому как большинство тех, кто поливал игру грязью, попросту застопорились на сцене с автомобилем в начале игры.
    Да, физика автомобиля действительно кривая, да и сама сцена, нужно признать, срежиссирована не идеально, но именно она показывает масштаб катастрофы и после нее игра приобретает краски, а механика игры начинает работать на полную. Тут тебе и подручные средства, разбросанные по локациям, которые с легкостью комбинируются во всевозможные виды оружия, и множество разнообразных ситуаций, в которых его можно применить.
    Инвентарь в виде внутренних карманов куртки протагониста смотрится очень свежо и сегодня. Количество, а также размеры барахла, которое мы то и дело кропотливо собираем на локациях, не вызывает вопросов, а лишь помогает погрузиться в атмосферу происходящего. Ты считаешь патроны, ты размышляешь над тем, как и сколько бензина из баклажки тебе расходовать на те или иные нужды. В то время как ты возишься в инвентаре, противники продолжают выполнять свою первостепенную задачу, делая все, чтобы отправить тебя в лучший мир. Ты пытаешься выжить, пытаешься изо всех сил. Разве не этого все ждут от жанра Survival Horror? В игре есть сцена с отцом Теофилом, от которой, ей богу, меня в дрожь бросило.

А под конец игры нас отправляют жечь корни зла, из-за которых возмущаются те, кто до них все-таки дошел, а может все те, кто «промотал» пол-игры? Об одном из таких идет речь в начале поста. Некоторые из этих деревьев уничтожить очень нелегко, ведь для того, чтобы с ними расправиться, сперва необходимо к ним подобраться, решив несложную головоломку, коих в игре и до этого этапа немало. И вот пока носишься по карте, уничтожая корни, ты всем нутром осознаешь значение слов Alone In The Dark. Тебе по-настоящему одиноко в этом темном городском парке и ты понимаешь, что дух отца Теофила был бы очень даже неплохим компаньоном. Просто чтобы не сойти с ума, просто чтобы не быть одному в этом безумном кошмаре.
    Единственное, что действительно могло помешать ощутить всю прелесть этого многогранного и богатого на впечатления путешествие это управление. И оно не столько ужасное сколько тяжелое. Мне кажется, что современный Kinect пришелся бы в этой игре кстати, хотя бы как альтернативный вариант. Ну а те, кто смогли совладать с управлением и даже почувствовали некий уровень мастерства, ближе к середине сюжетной линии открыли для себя по-настоящему хорошую игру. Игру, которую вспоминаешь нередко, игру, в которую спустя годы приятно вернуться.
  12. Oct 17, 2014
    I bought this game because of my fondness for the old PC version. I have to say that I enjoyed it overall, though it did have some frustrating points.

The Bad ----------- Yes, the controls are a bit wonky. The inventory system is a bit frustrating too, especially since the game doesn't pause, so you have to get far enough away from monsters in order to pull out items that you'll use

The Bad
    -----------
    Yes, the controls are a bit wonky. The inventory system is a bit frustrating too, especially since the game doesn't pause, so you have to get far enough away from monsters in order to pull out items that you'll use to kill them, and then go back. Also, it's the most buggy console game I've ever played. There were a couple times where my character got stuck in an area and could maneuver out of it, and I had to reset the system. One time the game even crashed my Xbox. It really needed a few more weeks of bug fixing and polish before it was released. There were also some really frustrating parts that took about 20-30 tries to get through, and had me wanting to curse at my console.

The Good
    --------------
    Having said all that, I did enjoy the story line for the most part, and it did have some "holy crap" jaw dropping moments, and also some genuine scary moments. The back story was interesting, especially since it had to do with real life locations. The music was also well done.

It's really too bad that Microsoft didn't let them release the patch for it because it was too big. It could have been a pretty good game with a few fixes/tweaks.

In the end, I can't say I didn't enjoy the game. The ending was a bit disappointing though. Kind of anti-climactic and short. At least you get the option of 2 different endings though.

One odd thing is that the guy in the game doesn't really look like the guy on the cover. Weird.
  13. Jan 8, 2015
    This game is HORRIBLE. In every **** regard it is horrible. The enemies are nearly indestructible, They ALWAYS seem to know where you are. You are never given an indication on what the HELL you are supposed to do to defeat the bosses even if they can only be beaten in a particular manor. The game is just plain almost impossible to play due to it's difficult and the sheer amount of ****This game is HORRIBLE. In every **** regard it is horrible. The enemies are nearly indestructible, They ALWAYS seem to know where you are. You are never given an indication on what the HELL you are supposed to do to defeat the bosses even if they can only be beaten in a particular manor. The game is just plain almost impossible to play due to it's difficult and the sheer amount of **** you and thanks for the money!" feeling you get when you realize that you got suckered into shelling out your hard earned money on such a massive piece of **** It should be illegal to release games this bad! Expand

1. Every good idea here is brought down by bad basic design, including a shoddy third-person camera, a too-slow first-person mode, and bizarre forced switching between the two. [Sept 2008, p.82]
  2. The game is boring for long stretches, has an uneven level of difficulty and no worthwhile story.
  3. Is there anything good about Alone in the Dark? The fire effects are stunning and the music theme is quite good. Other than that though, nothing.