America's Army: True Soldiers Xbox 360

• Release Date: Nov 15, 2007
6.7

1. SCZARface
    Feb 6, 2008
    I now want to kill myself for playing such a retarded game. Theres nothing left in this world. The destruction of humanity and earth has been created.
  2. JohnV.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Realism...? If this is realism then what is stupidity? Okay first off, this game BLOWS! This game should be shown to the Next-Generation of developers as "What not to do". The A.I. in this game was that a retarded 3-year old. I ran out into the street, with 5 enemies surronding me, firing blindly into the air. You know what they did? 2 of them just stood there, while the other 3 shot at Realism...? If this is realism then what is stupidity? Okay first off, this game BLOWS! This game should be shown to the Next-Generation of developers as "What not to do". The A.I. in this game was that a retarded 3-year old. I ran out into the street, with 5 enemies surronding me, firing blindly into the air. You know what they did? 2 of them just stood there, while the other 3 shot at me, killing 2 of their other teammates in the process. The playability was horrid. Instead of feeling like a highly trained, well equiped soldier, I felt like a crippled old man. Overall, If you want a realistic, fun, shooter, go with either Call Of Duty 4 or Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. Expand
  3. Brian
    Dec 3, 2007
    People who care only about graphics and run-and-gun gaming need not apply. The game can be pretty tough. There have been a few missions where we fumbled the ball after playing said mission for about 45 minutes and it was so fun that we did not mind replaying the mission again... ...and then again when we choked the second time. Dagnabbit. Split-screen co-op FTW!
  4. MaxC.
    Dec 4, 2007
    This game is realistic to a fault. Real life reloading, running, etc. suck. This game is not fun. I don't understand how these other users can give this a 9 with a straight face. Get Call of Duty 4, helluva lot better.
  5. JamesB.
    Dec 18, 2007
    Patience, realism, and accuracy have no part in this game. Your character always controls like he's on ice skates, and the enemies, when their aim isn't dead-on accurate, are borderline moronic. Two guys hid next to a rock, I shot one from less than ten feet away, and the other didn't even notice. The graphics are some of the weakest this generation. I'm not a stickler Patience, realism, and accuracy have no part in this game. Your character always controls like he's on ice skates, and the enemies, when their aim isn't dead-on accurate, are borderline moronic. Two guys hid next to a rock, I shot one from less than ten feet away, and the other didn't even notice. The graphics are some of the weakest this generation. I'm not a stickler for graphics, but I don't think it's fair to get shot by an enemy that has yet to pop into the environment. In short, the only reason this isn't the worst game on the 360 is because Vampire Rain is on the 360. This is the first game I've ever returned and demanded my money back for. Don't make my mistake. Expand
  6. JustinS.
    Dec 3, 2007
    It definatly sems liek the "critics" out there who get paid to find negatives on games got their money's worth. It also seems liek they should lose their job because out of all the reviews i have read, none of them actually played the game or they would have known what they were talking about. This game is a great online tactical FPS. if you hate the spray and pray, or just sick of It definatly sems liek the "critics" out there who get paid to find negatives on games got their money's worth. It also seems liek they should lose their job because out of all the reviews i have read, none of them actually played the game or they would have known what they were talking about. This game is a great online tactical FPS. if you hate the spray and pray, or just sick of it, get thsi game and use your brains! Expand
  7. JosephB.
    Dec 4, 2007
    This game is not for those w/out patience
  8. AnonymousMC
    Dec 5, 2007
    Apparently these reviewers didn't get enough kickbacks to actually spend time playing the game.
    It's not perfect, but for those with the attention span to play realistic games, it's the best on the 360 and very good.
    No idea why these same places would get the GRAW games 9's, and rate this game so low, when it's based on GRAW. Makes you wonder about their credibility.
    OGR fans would love this game, as it's a return to more realistic gaming and teamwork, unlike most shooters out there.
  9. JeremyS.
    Dec 5, 2007
    This is just another case of UBI (ubisoft) taking down another great franchise with another mediocre half finished product which is targeted towards the mass consensus (the lowest denominator) target every one and thusly you please no one along with Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, and now added to the list AA.
  10. AnonymousMC
    Dec 9, 2007
    Don't let the negative reviews fool you. This the best tactical experience available on the 360. Any reviewer who compares the game to COD4 should instantly be ignored. This game based on realism, teamwork and tactics. Halo/COD4 players hate this game because they die quick, and because they can't get over ultra fake run and gun gameplay they are slaves to. The multiplayerDon't let the negative reviews fool you. This the best tactical experience available on the 360. Any reviewer who compares the game to COD4 should instantly be ignored. This game based on realism, teamwork and tactics. Halo/COD4 players hate this game because they die quick, and because they can't get over ultra fake run and gun gameplay they are slaves to. The multiplayer modes/options on the game are more varied than any 360 game I've played and anyone who likes GRAW will LOVE this game once they give it a chance. It's a shame the media folded underneath itself on the ratings and highlights why the credibility of organizations of like IGN is extremely questionable. I actually give the game an 8.5 overall, as there are a few technical glitches and the the single player is short, but rounded up because, there is a patch coming soon to fix most technical problems and the game should, at all costs, be played by tactical/shooter fans. Collapse
  11. ChrisW.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Total realisim - great team action.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Single player may be tedious but that is what the real world is about training in the service. multiplayer is great as long as you are looking for realism and not run and gun antics. Graphics could be better and the huffing and puffing of your soldier is annoying.
  13. CalebW.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Basic training is not as good as it was in pc version boo and yay to the missing para jump 16 player co-op with 2 per system system link to do that is nice cant wait to get a 4 system links co-op and fire fight night going.
  14. Shawn
    Dec 11, 2007
    The game has a few issues, but not nearly enough to keep me from playing it. It is a great tactical FPS if you get into a room with the right people, and work as a team.
  15. DaveK.
    Dec 21, 2007
    Dont let these 4's and above fool you. you can't even kill people. they lie their for a minute until a teammate helps them. and THEN they die if no one comes... you can walk up to them while they lay on the ground and shoot them in the head and nothing happens, they still lay there, waiting for help... stupid.
  16. CharlieR.
    Feb 26, 2008
    The only and best military simulation available on XBOX 360. Really fun once you give it a chance. We've been having a blast. Oh yeah, the split-screen online multi-player rules!
  17. Tom
    Dec 14, 2007
    Based on realism? Are you kidding me. Realism needs to start with controls, and this game feels more like controling a Mech more than an elite fighting soldier. While I agree with some comparisons to the original Ghost Recon series, this game simply makes me want to go play other far better LAST GEN tactical shooters like the last America's Army for the Xbox or even Operation Based on realism? Are you kidding me. Realism needs to start with controls, and this game feels more like controling a Mech more than an elite fighting soldier. While I agree with some comparisons to the original Ghost Recon series, this game simply makes me want to go play other far better LAST GEN tactical shooters like the last America's Army for the Xbox or even Operation Flashpoint, both of which played better than this. Those of you praising the efforts of this game are mearly in denial for having purchased this package of trash. Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    It's simply too tedious to work as either a game or as propaganda. [Holiday 2007, p.78]
    It’s the kind of game that makes you want to write 43 and a half pages of cuss words, slam your head on your desk 13 times and hope and pray that you don’t remember having ever played it when you wake up. This game is just plain bad.
  3. We jumped online on several occasions and it appears there are so few people playing online that we found the same dudes in a lobby on totally different nights. It’s little wonder though why there are so few soldiers playing; in this game, being a soldier sucks.