5.0

1. Mar 8, 2012
    Really under rated game. Starts of really slow but does get going. Was surprised just how much I enjoyed this cos the reviews where so so. Give this game a few hours of your time people.
  2. Feb 11, 2012
    It may not be the most polished RPG, but it is addicting and fun, and as many of the critics have said if you want to get into the open world RPG games then this is a good place to help you get acquainted with these kinds of games as it is simple without being overly simple, easy to figure out, also it's the perfect difficulty for those just starting out, and it's just a lot of fun, itIt may not be the most polished RPG, but it is addicting and fun, and as many of the critics have said if you want to get into the open world RPG games then this is a good place to help you get acquainted with these kinds of games as it is simple without being overly simple, easy to figure out, also it's the perfect difficulty for those just starting out, and it's just a lot of fun, it does have some polish issues though, the graphics are bad, and the voice acting is horrible for the most part (you'll be able to find one or two decent voice actors) and the story isn't really all that interesting or well written, but the gameplay is (for the most part) smooth, combat flows very well do to excellent controls, menus are very well done, and leveling up is easy and really makes you feel extremely powerful when you can slaughter hoards of enemies without taking any real damage, it took me about a little over 12 hours to complete, and if you do all the side quests it will probably take you about another 2 to beat, so if your a beginner to the open world RPG and are looking for some practice before you tackle the more challenging and deep RPGs out there, or are a hardcore open world RPG player and are just looking for a good one to play I recommend this game, because even with it's issues it's an addicting and fun RPG, and isn't that why we play games? not because they have the best graphics, but because they're fun, and this game is a lot of fun and that is why I recommend it to RPG fans everywhere. Expand
  3. Jan 21, 2012
    One of the most beautiful action rpg on xbox. The combat system is dynamic, environment, vegetation and characters are beautiful.bad points : too linear, too much aliasing, crap cinematics.
  4. Oct 21, 2010
    I will start by saying that I am enjoying this game. I think that comparing this (or ANY other RPG) to Oblivion isn't a fair comparison. Oblivion was a remarkable game that set THE standard for an open-world RPG, but using it as a benchmark for any game even -remotely- in the RPG genre is misleading. There is far more to the RPG experience than stunning graphics and/or control schemes.

I

I enjoy RPGs that allow me to explore a fantasy world, be part of an engaging story, and watching my character progress. Arcania does that very well. For some, the graphics may seem unpolished, but the game drew me in...and suspended my disbelief. I guess I don't mind my imagination filling in some gaps that the developers may have left.
  5. Oct 12, 2010
    I really enjoyed this game, probably due i like the concept. This is pretty much like Risen slightly less polished but the game really picks up after a hour. Big world with decent graphics and decent gameplay. But the atmosphere in dungeons and lightning is pretty amazing.

If you like games with a unamed hero on a island, go ahead. It isn't perfect but you can't stop playing.

1. Jan 16, 2011
    On the PC, Arcania: Gothic 4 is a good action-rpg for inexperienced players. But the graphics on the Xbox 360 are this horrible, that you can't really enjoy the quests or the fights.
  2. Jan 11, 2011
    An underwhelming RPG with a shoddy story and poor techincal side. There's much better around.
  3. Jan 11, 2011
    Arcania turns out to be a passable RPG, it has pleasant enough locations and plenty of quests to get stuck into, even if they do feel a bit similar to each other. The timing of such a generic release couldn't have come at a worse time however, and with Fable III and Fallout New Vegas also vying for attention, Arcania is a pretty hard sell.