7.2

1. Mar 21, 2012
    Good game, have some mistakes, for example it's same like the other Armored Core games, but that's okay, I believe that can be better, this Armored Core is good, for play if you dno't have other game.
  2. Mar 20, 2012
    Well ... The opening CG is fantastic, ultra-realistic like the opening of the other games, you don't know if it is a CG or a real movie sometimes... but that's it.

I did not like the game, it has the same scheme of controls of the other franchise games (which I never liked too much anyway), and now with smaller robots, they are not so mobile (even your thrust is limited compared to the previous versions of the franchise), the graphics are good, but there are a lot of things at the same time on the screen, with same colors at the same time, with some occasional graphics issues, and looking closely, sometimes there are simple textures that try to hide in between all the mess.

The animations are cool between phases, made with the game engine ... Of course the high point beyond the opening, is the design of the robots, which is more raw and mechanical, like real war machines (Mechs), and not the Gundam style, and this, as we know, is one of the characteristics of the franchise.

You have two main weapons, one on each arm and shoulder, and uses a tactical vision that differs in color, and that is used to detect and analyze data. Of course, the personalization and customization is ultra-detailed, you can change anything you want in your Armored Cores (from every single part, to every single aspect of the color of it), but it's so much, that it somehow loses the fun of it... I'd rather do a Mech in a Auto CAD that would be more fun and more rewarding.

The songs are great, now the voice-overs ... I'll tell you, it seems that every woman has the same voice, at least a few other main characters have more charisma and are better voiced. In the effects department, they are are adequate with the action on the screen... when switching from combat mode to scanner mode, you have the same nagging voice announcing that, over and over, and over... for God's sake, do not know how many times I hear it.

The story is also a little confusing, honestly it's kind of hard sometimes to know where to go (the scanner helps a lot in this) and what is happening, listening to the dialogs. The majority of the game passes in urban scenarios, with many building that you can't even climb with your initial thruster...

I hope the online mode, which is the "differential" of this game version, is better... - My score: 6.6 / 10,0 - I liked "For Answer" and "Armored Core IV" more.
  3. Jun 7, 2013
    I was a HUGE fan of this series in its PS1 days. This particular installment is nothing like the original concept behind AC- which was NOT a mech simulator. Mech-warrior is a mech simulator (if you can simulate something that doesn't exist). AC 5 does feel much more like mech-warrior, which is NOT a good thing in this case.

Why I hate this game: -poor controls; bad UI; complex and

Why I hate this game:
    -poor controls; bad UI; complex and non-descriptive load-out system that makes it hard to tell if you've even equipped what you wanted; no balancing whatsoever in multiplayer- you go to attack a zone all by yourself early on, and find it defended by a fully built squad. Which brings me to my next point: if you can't convince about 4 friends at least to buy this game they've probably never heard of and play with you, you won't be able to fully enjoy multiplayer (at least, not attacking people's territories).

Either this game is a huge step down from it's roots, or I was just really easy to entertain as a teenager.
  4. Aug 7, 2013
    I have been a big fan of the Armored Core series since Armored Core: Nexus for the PlayStation 2. Armored Core V's predecessor, Armored Core: For Answer, is the pinnacle of the Armored Core franchise. Whether you decided to create a heavily armored behemoth or a lightning fast speed demon, the fight would always be intense, and there would always be new design ideas you want to try untilI have been a big fan of the Armored Core series since Armored Core: Nexus for the PlayStation 2. Armored Core V's predecessor, Armored Core: For Answer, is the pinnacle of the Armored Core franchise. Whether you decided to create a heavily armored behemoth or a lightning fast speed demon, the fight would always be intense, and there would always be new design ideas you want to try until one fateful day you create the mech that fits and compliments your play style perfectly.

I'm afraid I can't say the same for Armored Core V. Compared to For Answer, ACV plays more like Mech Warrior or World of Tanks. Slow, meandering, and deliberate. You can spice it up a little if you create a lightweight mech, but unlike in the previous five Armored Core games, I've been unable to create a lightweight mech that has much of a chance of winning against a heavier mech.

The wow factor for this games weaponry are a shadow of what I'd experienced in AC4 and AC For Answer. The all but unbroken streams of ludicrously fast tracers pouring out of sleek looking machine guns have been replaced by far fewer and far slower blobs of dull orange being spat out of clunky "gatling guns". Gone are the beautiful and blindingly fast laser cannon rounds, replaced by somewhat sparkly blobs of light which look strikingly similar to the tracers spat from the aforementioned gatling guns.

This game is easier for players who are newer to the franchise, it's true, but only because the fighting pace is glacial compared to its predecessor and because it has fewer of the customization options that made the franchise stand out from other mecha games like Mech Warrior.

FROM SOFTWARE made a mistake; they made the game more accessible to new players by dumbing it down instead of implementing engaging tutorials and training missions.

1. Jun 13, 2012
    The process of building mechs then testing their mettle on the battlefield is Armored Core V's strongest element, but with another showing like this if there ever is a sixth Armored Core, the longtime mech franchise may be dishonorably discharged.
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    Armored Core V is big, explosive and full of good ideas. Too bad the game is nearly incomprehensible. Thankfully the game's strong online component and roughly one hundred levels make up for some of the learning curve problems, but don't go into this game looking for an easy ride!
  3. May 12, 2012
    Armored Core V is not for brand new gamers. The single player is shameless because no one else can see your inexperience, but newbies will get eaten alive if they try to join a team of seasoned AC vets.