6.2

1. Apr 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really, really wanted to like this game in that I enjoyed the previous two games, but unfortunately I couldn't. While I understand the plot is what it is, the game didn't stay on course with the ability to gain additional contracts. This basically ended up being a 3rd person shooter with another person just like Call of Duty. I noticed alot of people were excited about the explosive environments, but please....every game has the red exploding barrels. That doesn't make it all that great. Beyond that, the plot development and character development alone left ALOT to be wanting. Making Salem the bad guy? Really? Come 'on. Apparently the game makers just completely took everything that already existed about his personality and threw it out the window. Yes, it has good weapon customization, but meh....I could play the whole, linear game through with an over powered pistol. This is the last Army of Two I play. Expand
  2. Mar 28, 2013
    Quick gameplay as usual and a step back from the previous games.
    This game is rubbish and quick to finish at least I liked the characters in the old on.
    I'm tired of giving a company a hundred bucks for 15 hours of fun, EA the bunch of vampires should get burned at the stake for this.
    The interface is horrible compared to the old game, but the destruction looks cool but that's about it.
  3. Mar 28, 2013
    Good fun but very similar to the previous Army of two. The graphic doesn't look like it's from the Frostbite 2. The graphic is not bad but far from what would be expected especially since it's from the frostbite 2 engine. Gameplay is fun but gets repetitive too quickly. It's best to play the campaign in coop mode and shoot things up with your friends. The story is too predictable and getsGood fun but very similar to the previous Army of two. The graphic doesn't look like it's from the Frostbite 2. The graphic is not bad but far from what would be expected especially since it's from the frostbite 2 engine. Gameplay is fun but gets repetitive too quickly. It's best to play the campaign in coop mode and shoot things up with your friends. The story is too predictable and gets really boring. Army of two could really do with a reich story and the experience would be very different. The customisation n the game though is great. There many many choices you can customise on your weapons and the customisation is a good experience. Overall the performance of this game is disappointing and not what i have expected. I expected a lot more of AoT devil's cartel but it is a let down. The recommendation is to buy the game when it gets cheap or on sale. Rental is also a good option. This games is NOT worth it's retail price and I highly recommend NOT to buy it until it get cheaper. If you want a solid and fun third person shooter experience there are a lot of choices both older games and new games. Expand
  4. Apr 6, 2013
    There isnt much to say about this plunge into a wall of bullets I loved the first two games but sadly everything that made them great has been taken out. Yep it is that simple, The dual sniping gone, back to back shoot outs gone, pistol customization (apart from its "skin") gone, RPG/special weapons gone a well written story gone .

Yes the explosions are pretty but come on, even

Yes the explosions are pretty but come on, even in game there is a blurp about "TWO" contracts, I have finished the game, used my once only online code and cant find them so a) I managed to break my game b) my copy is the only one to ship with missing content or more likely c) its an over kill edition extra...yes they advertise and O.K edition feature in the standard......so you buy a standard game and are told your missing out because you didnt get the super amazing extra awesome edition

My advice is to stay away, well away at least until a new copy is £5
  5. Apr 26, 2013
    The end of this Franchise?? Possibly. It was a shame playing this game as it did feel like the end has finally come. All that I enjoyed from the previous games seems to have been sucked out of the new one. Salem and Rios have only supporting roles and the new character, who don't really have names, have none of the charisma of the original trio. There is no more fist bumping and comicThe end of this Franchise?? Possibly. It was a shame playing this game as it did feel like the end has finally come. All that I enjoyed from the previous games seems to have been sucked out of the new one. Salem and Rios have only supporting roles and the new character, who don't really have names, have none of the charisma of the original trio. There is no more fist bumping and comic beating up of your team mate and it just feels flat. Gone are the Morality moments from the second game which is a shame as there were moments where it would have worked.
    It feels like generic shooter 1-0-1 now. The AI is just awful with most of the enemies just charging at you like thoughtless drones.
    There would be a good game here if the developer had just remembered what brought people into the franchise. I'm afraid that all my previous love for the series has now gone and I can't see the Army of Two group reforming for another outting. but on this games example that may not be a bad thing.
    RIP Army of Two.
  6. Apr 16, 2013
    I haven't cared enough to write a bad review on something I've disliked in a while, but it's happening. The game title appeared after the words "Electronic Arts presents" and I muttered to myself 'oh my god...' and held my head in my palm. This game is absolutely horrible. The only reason I am giving it a 2 is because I played it with someone and we were laughing our asses off at howI haven't cared enough to write a bad review on something I've disliked in a while, but it's happening. The game title appeared after the words "Electronic Arts presents" and I muttered to myself 'oh my god...' and held my head in my palm. This game is absolutely horrible. The only reason I am giving it a 2 is because I played it with someone and we were laughing our asses off at how horrible the game was designed. The original army of two used to let you customize your guns entirely, can you do that here? Nope. Characters that are interesting? Nope. The two new characters are so incredibly boring I just didn't care for the story. The cover system isn't anything revolutionary, its been done a million times over, and even in this game's case its done poorly. The amount of aim assist by default is disgusting and insulting. The plot is so stale that I honestly believe M. Night Shyamalan could have done this game's story from start to end, and done a better job.

Overkill mode makes the game a joke, and it gives you it at least twice every mission, even while playing on hard difficulty. The graphics are mediocre at best (played on Xbox 360), especially while split screened.

Anybody who rated this game anything above a 7 is seriously having buyer's remorse. They will attempt to justify their purchase in these reviews telling you the game is fun and that it was a 'good' game. Let's take a look at someone who reviewd it as a 10; MikeGamer4Life says: "Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel is an amazing edition to the series." I'm pretty sure its addition, not edition. He goes on to also say: "The overkill mode you get from performing co-op maneuvers adds a great edition to fights and helps you eliminate tougher enemies like nothing so save up overkill for when you really need it." You don't get it from 'co-op maneuvers' in fact there was a very low amount of any sort of cooperation in this game at all. Where was the back to back co-op ability from the first game? Where is the customization? What the hell is EA thinking? Thankfully, I did not purchase this game, and would not ever recommend buying it to anyone.
  7. Apr 26, 2013
    RIP Army of Two.

1. Jun 9, 2013
    In the end, Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel is a boring, meatheaded slog through about ten or so hours of predictable situations and sub par dialogue, and if someone told me that the development team had simply been handed a bit of cardboard with the words "sink this series" emblazoned across it as a design document, I'd believe it without hesitation.
  2. May 20, 2013
    As an entry into a series that has failed to realise its potential, this is safe and dare we say it, also a bit boring. [Issue#135, p.106]
  3. May 13, 2013
    A prime example of a gamified action film from the eighties. The story is only an excuse for bloodshed and the game is far from unconventional. Yes, I've seen this before at least dozens of times, but then again, there's always room for some good old-fashioned pointless violence. [May 2013]