7.7

1. Jun 25, 2013
    Its story might not present anything that revolutionary, but the incredibly entertaining "Army Of Two" still brings an immensely fun co-op experience and a pretty bold weapons system to the proverbial table.
  2. Jun 2, 2013
    The game's a really fun GoW knockoff. The graphics are nice and the gameplay awesome! But your A.I. teammate is just plain stupid. Certain points he just runs at the enemy guns blazing only to get gunned down by the bad guy holding a minigun and I have to save him over and over again, same thing with him. Good news: There's online co-op, so you don't need to worry about the idiot A.I. yourThe game's a really fun GoW knockoff. The graphics are nice and the gameplay awesome! But your A.I. teammate is just plain stupid. Certain points he just runs at the enemy guns blazing only to get gunned down by the bad guy holding a minigun and I have to save him over and over again, same thing with him. Good news: There's online co-op, so you don't need to worry about the idiot A.I. your partner is being controlled by. Expand
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    This was one of my earliest Xbox 360 games that I enjoyed in co-op and I thought was really fun to beat. Anyway I gave this game an 8,8 out of 10 it was good.
  4. May 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One thing that stands out with Army of Two are the visuals, which look incredible. Both Salem and Rios come across with huge character models and sharp details, from the top of their protective face masks to the tattoos and scarred battle armor. Expand
  5. Mar 13, 2013
    I thought the game was amazing, but the weapon customization and overpowered AI were a pain in the ass. But the in-game cutscenes looked impressive and the round the world campaign of betrayal and fame/fortune made it worth while.
  6. Aug 25, 2010
    A simplistic and generic shooter. The unique things that the game attempts to do aren't done very well, and its main gimmick is just that enemies choose to attack the bigger threat when attacked by multiple players. This is something that has been done before in much better games, like Gears of War for example. The Locust will attack whichever enemy they see first, but if the other playerA simplistic and generic shooter. The unique things that the game attempts to do aren't done very well, and its main gimmick is just that enemies choose to attack the bigger threat when attacked by multiple players. This is something that has been done before in much better games, like Gears of War for example. The Locust will attack whichever enemy they see first, but if the other player starts firing at them, they will return the shots. However, Gears of War has better things going for it than just that. In Army of Two, well, that's the entire game. The concept of "turning invisible" when one player has the attention of the enemies is just stupid also, because one player having a big gun would never make trained soldiers forget entirely about the other. And don't get me started on the story and characters (annoying).
    Rent if it seems like it would be your thing, but don't buy if you expect great things.
  7. Dec 11, 2011
    I'm a fan of shooters, but this game is not that great. The graphics aren't appealing, and the mechanics are fairly shoddy. The game lacks any kind of charm or personality. Really cheesy dialogue and a lackluster plot. I didn't have much fun with this game at all. If you want a good co-op shooter then get r6v2.
  8. Nov 5, 2012
    EA's "Army of Two" is like a poor man's "Gears of War". While it looks gritty and great, the final product is anything but. It's more like a cheesy satire of Michael Bay movies with some good ideas that are poorly implemented. This game lacks the superb gameplay found in both "Gears of War" and Infinity Ward's "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare". At times, the campaign feels like anEA's "Army of Two" is like a poor man's "Gears of War". While it looks gritty and great, the final product is anything but. It's more like a cheesy satire of Michael Bay movies with some good ideas that are poorly implemented. This game lacks the superb gameplay found in both "Gears of War" and Infinity Ward's "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare". At times, the campaign feels like an arcade-version of "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas". Two players can play it simultaneously as heroes Salem & Rios, but the wonky controls and poorly designed levels make "Army of Two" a sub-par affair. The "agro" system is just a cheap way of exploiting the terrible enemy A.I. and certain co-op moves can only be performed in certain parts of the game (making them sort of pointless). This short-lengthed actioner has some fun little moments, but it doesn't hold up against the best of the genre. Not even close. Expand
  9. May 29, 2013
    Army of Two isn't the best 3rd person shooter I've played, but it is worth 5 dollars or so. The bland story aside, the game play, gun customization and characters are all really good. I might've given it a better score if the online servers (for the Xbox 360 at least) were still up, really hurting it's replay value, but if you can get a friend to come over and play this with you, it makesArmy of Two isn't the best 3rd person shooter I've played, but it is worth 5 dollars or so. The bland story aside, the game play, gun customization and characters are all really good. I might've given it a better score if the online servers (for the Xbox 360 at least) were still up, really hurting it's replay value, but if you can get a friend to come over and play this with you, it makes for a fun experience. Overall, it's not the worse I've seen, but it's still not great. Expand
  10. Jan 19, 2012
    The gameplay is fun and weapon customization is good but there is no replay value to the game. It features a very short campaign and lame multiplayer. It lacks content as well. Yet its still a decent and somewhat challenging shooter.
  11. Nov 15, 2011
    Short campaign, Pretty much no multiplayer interactment during campaign (which is the basis of the entire game, fail?), No replay value, and a poor multiplayer makes this game an epic failure.
  12. Apr 24, 2011
    I bought this game to play co-op with my brother; we got quite far through the campaign before deciding it was so awful we couldn't bare to play it any more. There are some decent sections and the idea is good, but the execution is poor. I would have thought an EA published title could have invested some more time into making it a bit more interesting. On the plus side, gun customisationI bought this game to play co-op with my brother; we got quite far through the campaign before deciding it was so awful we couldn't bare to play it any more. There are some decent sections and the idea is good, but the execution is poor. I would have thought an EA published title could have invested some more time into making it a bit more interesting. On the plus side, gun customisation is very good but it doesn't come anywhere near saving the game. I can't recommend you play this game. 1/5, poor. Expand
  13. Jan 6, 2012
    This is a game for moronic idiots. The mercs are more suited to watching Spongebob than saving the free world. The friendly AI is some moronic that sometimes would run around in circles or fail to revive me. The gameplay is ripped off from gears of war but without the awe or enemy variety. Also how can a bunch of ill trained rebels hijack a carrier and kill Navy SEALs? **** this game andThis is a game for moronic idiots. The mercs are more suited to watching Spongebob than saving the free world. The friendly AI is some moronic that sometimes would run around in circles or fail to revive me. The gameplay is ripped off from gears of war but without the awe or enemy variety. Also how can a bunch of ill trained rebels hijack a carrier and kill Navy SEALs? **** this game and the developers, who should resign or kill themselves. Expand

1. It has plenty of redeeming and rewarding features to offset its linear limitations, but it was designed to be played with a friend, so approach with caution if you don't have Xbox Live or a friend to partner up with.
  2. Calling Army of Two a poor mans Gears of War may be unfair, but the comparison is a reality as the game falls short on so many levels.
  3. Army of Two’s solo mission doesn’t match the firepower of its two-person co-op play, either in the offline game or online. But it does have plenty enough gun-filled action to satiate any violence-fans fill, and if the online gameplay is functionally free of lag or connectivity issues, Army of Two is one of the better recently released titles in regards to Xbox Live gaming.