Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Xbox 360

8.3

1. Jan 10, 2011
    I loved the first AC, I briefly played the 2nd but I am clearly enjoying Brotherhood. There is much to like about Brotherhood but the main things are that it gives you the combined abilities of both 1, 2 and more. You don't have to play the previous games to purchase this title as you will be given a up to date collection told by the protagonist. I would recommend that you skip buying 1 &I loved the first AC, I briefly played the 2nd but I am clearly enjoying Brotherhood. There is much to like about Brotherhood but the main things are that it gives you the combined abilities of both 1, 2 and more. You don't have to play the previous games to purchase this title as you will be given a up to date collection told by the protagonist. I would recommend that you skip buying 1 & 2 if you've never played AC before and just go for Brotherhood. If you have already played the previous 2 titles, this might feel a little repetitive. But the ability to have a group of assassins under your command... AWESOME. "As I leapt down from a high ledge, I landed my blades on the necks of 2 unsuspecting guards; alerting the brute armored like a tank glimmering in the virtual sun. As he shouted for reinforcements the yard was soon filled with 8 - 12 soldiers, with a wave of my right hand; 4 assassins leapt from rooftops and decimated all guards in moments." That NEVER gets old Expand
  2. Feb 12, 2012
    After not being impressed with the first AC, but then being very much impressed with AC2, I had high hopes for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I loved the setting of Assassin's Creed 2 and I found Ezio to be a fun and genuinely charming character. But Assassin's Creed Brotherhood fails to recapture any of what made the second game so involving. Yes, we're still in Italy. And yes, it's stillAfter not being impressed with the first AC, but then being very much impressed with AC2, I had high hopes for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I loved the setting of Assassin's Creed 2 and I found Ezio to be a fun and genuinely charming character. But Assassin's Creed Brotherhood fails to recapture any of what made the second game so involving. Yes, we're still in Italy. And yes, it's still quite pretty. But, there's nothing new here! This isn't so much a sequel as a fully priced DLC to Assassin's Creed 2. Which would be fine if the novelty of the free-running hadn't already worn off. In fact, I enjoyed the story and setting of Assassin's Creed 2 so much, that I think I may have been blinded to the horrid gameplay mechanics that seem to stand out like a sore thumb in Brotherhood. Free-running is inaccurate and unskillful requiring you to hold down run and a direction and hoping you will jump to a ledge or run across a tight wire. So often do you grab the wrong platform or simply fall to your doom because there's no way of accurately gauging what Ezio is capable of. The combat is horrid and extremely tedious, plus changing between weapons is clumsy so you just end up bashing away with your one sword until a death animation plays out and you can auto-lock onto the next enemy for the same button mashing. Also, why on earth do the Assassin's Creed games, where stealth is so very important (and the point of the game), not allow you to crouch and creep up behind your enemies? In fact all you can do is walk upright behind people and stab them. This looks cool in the street when your blending into the crowd, but looks terrible when scaling a rooftop. I honestly never really felt like a master assassin at all. I've always liked the combination of sci-fi and history in the story, but I've never liked the way the developers have implemented it. Everything feels forced, and very often there's nothing driving the story in the present day setting which is very irritating. Also, missions are extremely repetitive. I know most games of this type have some elements of repetition, but the side missions are all exactly the same in this game. It suffers from a serious case of uninspired quest design. Do I really want to kil the same Borgia leader 10 times in the exact same method? - no, no I do not. That's just not fun for me. Where as the story in Assassin's Creed 2 had me gripped from the outset, the story in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood just had me bored from the get go. I've really tried to like the Assassin's Creed series, but I think it's just a series which doesn't resonate with me, so I instantly recognise and become irritated by its many short comings. Overall, seriously lacking. Expand
  3. Dec 20, 2010
    I have to echo DigitalShark's sentiments completely. The free running gimmick was enough to keep me entertained when the first game came out but it's not enough to carry another two titles. A story that advances too slowly and some seriously repetitive gameplay have me turned off to this series. Sorry, but carrying a box of flowers for some wench isn't my idea of fun.
  4. Dec 27, 2010
    Garbage... another poor game-movie like any other ''wow good graphics game! ''this generation that requires no skill to beat and again with laughable AI and no missions diversity.Seriously good graphics? I just can't understand how reviewers are blind about the actual game play and content and they just praise the visuals, cut scenes and voice acting ( that is not even that goodGarbage... another poor game-movie like any other ''wow good graphics game! ''this generation that requires no skill to beat and again with laughable AI and no missions diversity.Seriously good graphics? I just can't understand how reviewers are blind about the actual game play and content and they just praise the visuals, cut scenes and voice acting ( that is not even that good )...honestly this generation of gaming is very disappointing , overrating all bad gameplay / story games filled with bugs and absolutely no challenge at all. Sorry but a game with no difficulty is a waste of money and time... repetitive and robotic actions trough all the day without questionning about any strategy. Rent a good movie with great specials effects instead of playing this fail sequel hollywood blockbuster game-movie crap trust me. I'm giving a 1 just for the environnement design and that was the last time I play any Ubisoft's games. Expand
  5. Nov 24, 2010
    I keep giving the AC series a shot, as there is much to appreciate, but based on my experience with these games and my own preferences, this may be the last AC game I bother with. I seem to be in the minority, but I find these games rather dull and extremely repetitive, regardless of the pretty environments. This game in particular (as hinted at by the title) does not feel like aI keep giving the AC series a shot, as there is much to appreciate, but based on my experience with these games and my own preferences, this may be the last AC game I bother with. I seem to be in the minority, but I find these games rather dull and extremely repetitive, regardless of the pretty environments. This game in particular (as hinted at by the title) does not feel like a standalone game, it feels like more of the same of the last installment, sort of a glorified expansion pack. For people who love the series I guess this is more than enough, for me it is more of the same and a very narrow experience. I am also quite surprised that more people don't dislike the Animus stuff as much as I do, which has always felt awkward and tacked on since the first game (it doesn't help that our hero looks like a douche) - half baked sci fi elements used to make a very simple game appear complicated. With the addition of "Da Vinci Code" type conspiracy and "secrets" which were greatly expanded in AC2, I find the game comes off as just plain silly, and not in any way profound which it seems to insist that it is. I gave this a shot, but I think I am done with AC for good at this point. Expand
  6. Dec 27, 2010
    Excellent music score, good variety in side missions, and lots to do. This game really surprised me as Ubisoft Montreal usually spits out complete unplayable trash. While I am surprised at how good the game is, the taint of Ubisoft Montreal is evident in the frequent bugs, TERRIBLE climbing puzzles that rely on imprecise controls, and the nearly unplayable multilayer. I have gone up to 2Excellent music score, good variety in side missions, and lots to do. This game really surprised me as Ubisoft Montreal usually spits out complete unplayable trash. While I am surprised at how good the game is, the taint of Ubisoft Montreal is evident in the frequent bugs, TERRIBLE climbing puzzles that rely on imprecise controls, and the nearly unplayable multilayer. I have gone up to 2 hours attempting to join a multi player game before quitting for the day. Aren't these guys trained/educated/degreed in how to make games? Or did the multiple interns and trainees I saw in the credits build the whole thing? Making this huge of a flaw in a game is hilarious and sad at the same time. Expand
  7. Nov 17, 2010
    It's good. Nothing really changes from 1 &2 besides multiplayer. It's a good idea, but it took forever to actually get to play a multiplayer match. Also, glitches in multiplayer are horrendous. My friend got it the same day and we both had the same problems of other players showing up during the match then disappearing.
  8. Mar 19, 2011
    The combat is still frustrating/boring and there isn't enough new content, but if you liked AC2, you'll enjoy continuing Ezio's story. Most of the time, getting that perfect kill from the shadows outweighs the flaws of this game.
  9. Nov 20, 2013
    I did in fact really enjoy this game but again it was a little too easy and a lot of the time just felt like I was playing a massive expansion of assassin's creed 2 rather than a new title.
  10. Jun 18, 2013
    A new entry providing little innovation from it's predecessor that could also be considered as a standalone expansion rather than a new game. It suffers from a small environment only giving players the chance to explore one city rather than several different ones. On the bright side it is the first game that allows the player to start they're own assassins guild.

11. Oct 10, 2011
    Pretty much Assassin's Creed 2 with multiplayer. Though I think it's a really good game overall and the multiplayer is fun as hell, it doesn't really improve on the overall gameplay. The story is a continuation of Assassin's Creed 2 and that's pretty much what I can say really because it is a very expected story. Gameplay wise, from the shorter length compared to 2 and the same gameplayPretty much Assassin's Creed 2 with multiplayer. Though I think it's a really good game overall and the multiplayer is fun as hell, it doesn't really improve on the overall gameplay. The story is a continuation of Assassin's Creed 2 and that's pretty much what I can say really because it is a very expected story. Gameplay wise, from the shorter length compared to 2 and the same gameplay mechanics, it just felt like it should have been released as a DLC instead of a full retail game. Please just give us Assassin's Creed 3 as quickly as you can. Expand
  12. Jun 25, 2011
    This game is great, for the first half of it. For the first half of the game, maybe a little more, you are excited to play the game for long hours, and to return quickly. By the second half, it becomes painful. You want to beat the game, but it you don't want to play it. Its like a chore your parents give you, that you really don't want to do, but you have to. This is the type of gameThis game is great, for the first half of it. For the first half of the game, maybe a little more, you are excited to play the game for long hours, and to return quickly. By the second half, it becomes painful. You want to beat the game, but it you don't want to play it. Its like a chore your parents give you, that you really don't want to do, but you have to. This is the type of game where you can't just stop playing the game without finishing it, but it is extremely tiring and boring to finish. Its a game you want to end. The story is great, and the action is as well. The way they include this storyline perfectly into the past is impressive, but nothing that hasn't been seen in one of their other games. It was impressive in the first game, but now its like they are trying to make you buy it because of the uniqueness of the story. The action is great as always. You could play this game for hours while running around and killing guards or civilians. But if that is what you want this game for, then I would recommend Grand Theft Auto. My favorite thing about this game is the incredible graphics and precise detail of the cities in the game. This packed in with the amazing free roam make the game visibly enjoyable. This is what makes the game. Without the free roam, and unique graphics, this game would be a complete failure. The Colosseum caught my eye because of tis incredible detail and preciseness. Da Vinci had some cool appearances, although not as much asI would have wanted. Overall, I think this game is definitely a game that should buy preowned from gamestop, and then return it within a week. Expand
  13. May 2, 2012
    This game is fully dependent on what type of gamer you are: multiplayer or campaign, graphics or gameplay. This game was mildly appealing for the first month i owned it, then i traded it in. I focus on multiplayer and graphics for these games and shooters. This game has sub-par graphics, fine multiplayer, and fine gameplay and campaign. Buy with caution...
  14. Feb 26, 2013
    "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood" is a sequel to "Assassin's Creed 2" and continues the story of Ezio. Game takes place mainly in Rome, that has much to discover and explore.
    There is not much of new comparing to the second game, but yet the game improves combat gameplay. Some fighting scenes were difficult, for some reason scene in Coliseum doesn't leave my mind. The game had much new stuff for multiplayer gamers. If you are not into online gaming, still you'll have much to do in singleplayer campaign. Story is not a strong side of "Assassin's Creed" (I'm not saying anything about AC III, it was terrific) and here I felt it again, boredom after first half of the game. After playing through "Brotherhood" you'll have a feeling, that it is just an addition to the game, too big for DLC, but not a standalone game. Yet, worth its money.
  15. Sep 21, 2015
    Launched myself off the Coliseum and missed the the hay.

Remember the scene in Groundhog Day when Bill Murray's character experiments with suicide? Been there, done that. Correction: Ezio has been there, done that, while possessed by me. I have a real love/hate relationship with this game. It's like playing an 18-hole golf on the most epic course in the world, and getting rained on
    Launched myself off the Coliseum and missed the the hay.

I have a real love/hate relationship with this game. It's like playing an 18-hole golf on the most epic course in the world, and getting rained on at hole 15, unable to finish the game. I so wanted to quit from about the halfway point onward but had committed too many hours into it and wanted to see it to the end. The controls are erratic and extremely frustrating, when Ezio just WILL. NOT. FREAKING. GO. WHERE. YOU. WANT.

I had to be very, very patient in order to not rip the disc out and frisbie it across the room and then take a mallet and break it into a million little pieces and then melt them down in the fire, after the umpteenth time Ezio jumped into the middle of a group of guards instead of up to the next ledge as I'd wanted him to. I controlled my frustration, became Zen with the game, recruited my brotherhood, and went on a killing spree throughout Rome.

The endgame is extremely rewarding, but it was a parting gift at best after all the violent arguments we'd had. But, it was best that we separate then and there.
  16. Nov 22, 2010
    GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!

This game is amazing, the map is HUGE!!! The online play is FUN and NEW. There are new features added since AC2 but it works, i wont spoil it for anyone just BUY IT!!! Ezio continues to amaze and the game series has never had a bad remark from me so Assassins creed just keeps on raising the bar, this game like ive said is fun, it lasts long, lots of side quests,
    GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!

This game is amazing, the map is HUGE!!! The online play is FUN and NEW.
    Ezio continues to amaze and the game series has never had a bad remark from me so Assassins creed just keeps on raising the bar, this game like ive said is fun, it lasts long, lots of side quests, just pure EPIC.
    ubisoft are now the gaming company that rock!!!
    Assassins creed started with a good idea and has expanded along the way and just got better along the way also,

If you own a xbox 360 or a ps3 and your thinking of buying a game STOP THINKING this is what you want!!!

1. Feb 25, 2011
    Assasssin's Creed: Brotherhood has great atmosphere, beautiful visuals, and overall excellent craftsmanship… Just don't expect anything new beyond the multiplayer.
  2. Jan 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a pleasant surprise in every respect, even though some of the concerns you might have had regarding the single map and ageing formula still stand with the final product.
  3. Jan 8, 2011
    Those wanting more from Ezio, and to revel in the period set in Assassins Creed II for a little longer, will find fond memories in Assassins Creed Brotherhood; however I couldn't shake the feeling that I'd seen it all before and was being dragged along for the same old ride.