Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Xbox 360

8.3

1. Nov 7, 2013
    Brotherhood is a nice continuation of the storyline established in AC2. Ezio is older, has more responsibilities and the new brotherhood task management is a nice addition. A real shame that BH simply rehashes everything else and does little to expand on the previous games.

It was nice to see the Desmond sections getting more attention and now actually feel like a part of the game. Desmond and friends actually feel important this time round. Also Desmond steps up and becomes a rather important character to the series (before I just saw him as a plot device.)

The story is still riveting, leading you deeper and deeper into the complex tale and I can not fault the writing at all. Characters are the same, just older, as they were in the last game.

If anything, my only real gripe with this game is that it doesn't really take as much of a leap in innovation like AC2 did from AC1. That aside, it's still allot of fun.

Overall:
    More of the same, but that isn't a bad thing, just a shame as they could have done more with it.
  2. Nov 2, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is a pretty good continuation of the storyline and still provides some good gameplay, but it could have been a bit better.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a fantastic sequel to AC2. But know it as that: a sequel, and be careful about expecting tons more over what you've found in the first two iterations of this game series. Brotherhood refines the series more than redefining it. The assassin's guild is a cool addition and Ubisoft did find a compelling way to continue the storyline. But beware, as theAssassin's Creed Brotherhood is a fantastic sequel to AC2. But know it as that: a sequel, and be careful about expecting tons more over what you've found in the first two iterations of this game series. Brotherhood refines the series more than redefining it. The assassin's guild is a cool addition and Ubisoft did find a compelling way to continue the storyline. But beware, as the closing acts of this game become a little harder to follow. The story jumping comes off as more disconnected than a cool storytelling element. All things considered, you'll enjoy the entire package, now with multiplayer mode, and get over any shortcomings you feel the game may have. Expand
  4. Oct 20, 2011
    A solid entry into the Assassin's Creed franchise that thrills in certain areas and disappoints in others. The addition of multiplayer has payed off, with the online modes being the best thing about the game. Matches are tense and fun although a little more customization would have been nice. As for the singlt player, it is inferior to the last game. The world feels smaller, the storyA solid entry into the Assassin's Creed franchise that thrills in certain areas and disappoints in others. The addition of multiplayer has payed off, with the online modes being the best thing about the game. Matches are tense and fun although a little more customization would have been nice. As for the singlt player, it is inferior to the last game. The world feels smaller, the story isn't as engaging and the player doesn't foster any real emotional attachment to characters. Recruiting a team of assassins is interesting but we never get the impression that they are of any importance. The gameplay is solid and assassinating is still fun. There is tons to do and there are some imaginative levels. A worthy purchase. Expand
  5. Oct 27, 2013
    in terms of story this game don't surpass the assassin's creed 2,but in terms of open world,graphics and secondary missions the brothehood takes the best.
  6. Jun 27, 2013
    This is my favorite Assassin's Creed game to date. Brotherhood takes everything that made the first two Assassin's Creed great and refines them to a point of perfection. The city of Rome is large and is full of secrets and side missions. The story is, in my opinion, the last good story in the Assassin's Creed games (Revelations and 3 were disappointing). Your new abilities are awesome,This is my favorite Assassin's Creed game to date. Brotherhood takes everything that made the first two Assassin's Creed great and refines them to a point of perfection. The city of Rome is large and is full of secrets and side missions. The story is, in my opinion, the last good story in the Assassin's Creed games (Revelations and 3 were disappointing). Your new abilities are awesome, such as running an Assassin Brotherhood and being able to use crossbows. It's just a very well done, well polished game. Expand
  7. Mar 19, 2011
    Much better than #2. I really enjoyed this game and it's DLC. Multiplayer is pretty decent, but it's not a must play multiplayer. I love the story here. The game is still way too easy. It needs to have difficulty settings. I love the way the game plays, from the fighting, to the climbing, to the running. I loved the sword fights. The controls are perfect as well. If I was still a kid, IMuch better than #2. I really enjoyed this game and it's DLC. Multiplayer is pretty decent, but it's not a must play multiplayer. I love the story here. The game is still way too easy. It needs to have difficulty settings. I love the way the game plays, from the fighting, to the climbing, to the running. I loved the sword fights. The controls are perfect as well. If I was still a kid, I would be Altair for Halloween.â Expand
  8. Aug 8, 2012
    This game was great, I enjoyed playing through the new addition to the Assassin's Creed world, however I didn't feel like it improved much upon Assassin's Creed II, nevertheless, I would still recommend it.
  9. Dec 6, 2014
    Another excellent story in the life of Ezio, who is just as loveable as he was before. Brotherhood also adds a never before seen multiplayer mode to the Assassin's Creed franchise, that is surprisingly addictive.
  10. May 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood took everything that made Assassin's Creed 2 great and amplified it several times over. Brotherhood is probably the best of the entire series (not my favorite, but it is the best) and added several things in the game play. Being in charge of a Guild of Assassins and being able to use them in combat was a plus. Being able to innovate the entire city of RomeAssassin's Creed Brotherhood took everything that made Assassin's Creed 2 great and amplified it several times over. Brotherhood is probably the best of the entire series (not my favorite, but it is the best) and added several things in the game play. Being in charge of a Guild of Assassins and being able to use them in combat was a plus. Being able to innovate the entire city of Rome instead of just a small villa is also another thing I liked and there are so many side quests that it adds hours of fun to the game and I highly recommend it. My problem with it is how combat driven it is. There are stealth missions in the game, but the focal point is primarily on the combat rather than stealth. The reason I bought Assassin's Creed. Other than that, it's an awesome game and worth playing. Expand
  11. Jan 29, 2012
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood is familiar turf. Taking what Assassins Creed II did so well, and polishing the fundamentals up and releasing a straight sequel that improves but doesn't refine what the franchise already offers. Well.....that's the typical sequel faffle. Brotherhood is a game all its own. Yes it has made advancements and enhancements to the AC mould, but it all adds up to aAssassins Creed Brotherhood is familiar turf. Taking what Assassins Creed II did so well, and polishing the fundamentals up and releasing a straight sequel that improves but doesn't refine what the franchise already offers. Well.....that's the typical sequel faffle. Brotherhood is a game all its own. Yes it has made advancements and enhancements to the AC mould, but it all adds up to a much polished, yet familiar game. The narrative is one element that has received increased attention. No longer is Desmond an inactive rascal performing pointless tasks outside the animus- he's now a platforming pro. Ezio's story arc is more focused, with Cesare as the main antagonist, as vanilla and scared as he may be. Combat is far more fluid, with new chain attacks and satisfyingly meaty combat. And enough can't be said about the outstanding attention to period detail. The only real disappointments here are the general lack of variety, (a series sore point) repetitive misson varieties and some awkward parkour chinks in an otherwise spit shined armour. Brotherhood is better in almost every way than the great ACII and proves that the series can offer more depth to a progressively legendary franchise. Expand
  12. Nov 22, 2010
    GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!

This game is amazing, the map is HUGE!!! The online play is FUN and NEW. There are new features added since AC2 but it works, i wont spoil it for anyone just BUY IT!!! Ezio continues to amaze and the game series has never had a bad remark from me so Assassins creed just keeps on raising the bar, this game like ive said is fun, it lasts long, lots of side quests,
    GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!

This game is amazing, the map is HUGE!!! The online play is FUN and NEW.
    Ezio continues to amaze and the game series has never had a bad remark from me so Assassins creed just keeps on raising the bar, this game like ive said is fun, it lasts long, lots of side quests, just pure EPIC.
    ubisoft are now the gaming company that rock!!!
    Assassins creed started with a good idea and has expanded along the way and just got better along the way also,

If you own a xbox 360 or a ps3 and your thinking of buying a game STOP THINKING this is what you want!!!
  13. Nov 16, 2010
    It's a perfect sequel to Ac2 and one of the best games this year! The graphics and gameplay has been greatly improved and the story is the best in the series. This is not an expansion, it's one of the greatest sequels in gaming history.
  14. Oct 29, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is an unmitigated triumph, taking the superlative groundwork laid by its forebear and building upon it. That you're confined to Rome is never an issue, as it's a vast and seamlessly sprawling, cohesive environment. Rebuilding the city and driving out the Borgia is about as compulsive as gaming gets and chances are, you'll sit glued to the game throughout andAssassin's Creed: Brotherhood is an unmitigated triumph, taking the superlative groundwork laid by its forebear and building upon it. That you're confined to Rome is never an issue, as it's a vast and seamlessly sprawling, cohesive environment. Rebuilding the city and driving out the Borgia is about as compulsive as gaming gets and chances are, you'll sit glued to the game throughout and feverishly complete every Subject 16 puzzle, collect every item and refurbish every shop, aqueduct, faction building and underground tunnel you come across. Achingly beautiful to behold and incredible to play, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will be the best Roman holiday you'll ever have. Expand
  15. Oct 16, 2012
    I confess, I wasn't a fan of the previous AC titles. In fact, I hated number one and played two for an hour or so. It amazes me that I'm enjoying AC Brotherhood and if it wasn't for the wife wanting the tv on, I'd be playing right now! Graphically it's top drawer, sound is deep and menacing, story (which I'm not familiar with) is interesting, controls (my biggest bug bear from AC1) areI confess, I wasn't a fan of the previous AC titles. In fact, I hated number one and played two for an hour or so. It amazes me that I'm enjoying AC Brotherhood and if it wasn't for the wife wanting the tv on, I'd be playing right now! Graphically it's top drawer, sound is deep and menacing, story (which I'm not familiar with) is interesting, controls (my biggest bug bear from AC1) are much improved (combat still confuses at times) and the setting of Rome is brimming with atmosphere. I exchanged Need For Speed Hot Pursuit for AC3 (NFSHP is one of the biggest disappointments of the year) and I'm so glad I did. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  16. Aug 23, 2011
    The third installment in this amazing series is definitely one of 2010's greatest games. With improved and fresh game-play, the continuing of an epic story line, and a highly original multiplayer mode, (new to the series) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is a must own.
  17. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's hard for me to find a bad thing to say about Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, it's just an amazing game. I remember thinking last year before we knew there was even going to be an AC: Brotherhood that it was going to be hard for Ubisoft to top AC2, but I am happy to say Brotherhood does in every single way. This is flat out a great game. Expand
  18. Jun 9, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is the best Assassin's Creed game that I have played (granted that I have only played this and the first game). The combination of multi-player and single-player is great.

The campaign was a little confusing for me due to the fact that I didn't play Assassin's Creed 2, but once i got the general gist if what was happening I enjoyed it even more. While the campaign is great, I didn't really care for most of the side missions. The combat, while it is good, isn't all that different and doesn't change itself throughout the game as it should.

The multi-player is awesome and absurdly unique. You are hunting down and assassin while other assassins are hunting you down. With progression in levels, you unlock more abilities and makes the re-play value very high.

Assasssin's Creed: Brotherhood is much better than the first Assassin's Creed game. I can't compare it to the rest of the series since I haven't played them, but they all seem the same.
  19. Aug 6, 2011
    I thought this game was excellent. Really well polished and I was surprised how well the Assassin Brotherhood game mechanic worked. The only problem I had was the game has issues with the controls, when you're trying to gently push a person and end up dragging a guard of his horse it can be very frustrating.
  20. Dec 7, 2010
    Almost seems like an assassins creed expansion pack but it is still very good. i really like the main concept of the story and the multiplayer is also very fun. if more assassins creed games are made i hope they are somewhat like this.
  21. Nov 29, 2012
    Really enjoyed the single player and the multiplayer had great ideas but the servers took longer than a black person walkin on the road they never go by the rules
  22. Oct 20, 2015
    Tied with AC2 for best AC game. Rome was very well designed and fun to rome around in ;). Also the addition of the brotherhood and being able to call in assassins mid combat was a really good addition.
  23. Mar 6, 2012
    I thought it was the best in the series but it still has a really dumb overarching plot. Great fun playing in Rome, really fun assassinations, really fun side missions. Overall great, but ruined by French Canadians trying to write an edgy non-American plot.
  24. Sep 14, 2013
    It's superb. This should be a game to play and rate for 2010. This game came up with better storyline, graphics, gameplay, game mechanics and many more. I have enjoyed it. This game's superior adventerous.Its worth every penny.
  25. Mar 2, 2011
    Without any doubt one of the greatest franchises of all times. Mix of RPS, action adventure and history is something u just cannot ignore. Great graphics, perfect sound, no need for word waisting. Pure 10 !!!
  26. Mar 5, 2011
    For sure one of the best games of the year. Multiplayer is probably one of the best i've ever played and the campaign is just as satisfying as all the other games in the series. How ever if your not looking for a multiplayer game your better off with one of the other creed games because they are cheaper and probably have just as good of a campaign
  27. Sep 17, 2011
    The missions are almost the same: follow someone, kill guards, kill him without being recognized. This game is buggy too - I had to restart a memory because the guards ran out of the area that I could be. But it's a nice game, though: 12-15 hours of campaign, plenty to do on Rome, and an awesome multiplayer (I didn't think the matchmaking was that good, but it's for sure a greatThe missions are almost the same: follow someone, kill guards, kill him without being recognized. This game is buggy too - I had to restart a memory because the guards ran out of the area that I could be. But it's a nice game, though: 12-15 hours of campaign, plenty to do on Rome, and an awesome multiplayer (I didn't think the matchmaking was that good, but it's for sure a great multiplayer). If you like open-world games, and a good story, you should buy this. If you won't be able to get Revelations, don't play Brotherhood - the final lets you wanting to know more. Expand
  28. Nov 24, 2010
    This is a deep and compelling game, and certainly my favorite single player experience of this year. The gameplay is solid and fluid. While it really is mostly the same as AC2, what this delivers is a new type of experience without completely changing what worked well the first time around. It's one of the best games ever made.
  29. Mar 18, 2016
    this is how you make a series of games. Mind you this should've been the last of the Ezio games. They took what made AC2 a great game and improved it, this game is amazing. tons of secrets and items to found, great side quests, great storyline and great characters. Just an amazing and fun game.
  30. Jul 25, 2011
    I somehow managed to purchase every AC game prior (for budget prices) and was always left disappointed. I felt tht as much as they excelled in style and environment, they all lacked too much in the gameplay department. This latest installment is an improvement on the previous games and finally lives up to the brand's reputation. A great game, the combat was slightly tweaked yetI somehow managed to purchase every AC game prior (for budget prices) and was always left disappointed. I felt tht as much as they excelled in style and environment, they all lacked too much in the gameplay department. This latest installment is an improvement on the previous games and finally lives up to the brand's reputation. A great game, the combat was slightly tweaked yet miraculously, significantly improved, the story pacing is better and the graphics are, at times, spectacular. This is the first AC that I truly enjoyed from start to finish; and, while I got it for 20 bucks it would have been well worth full price. I'm now looking forward to Revelations. P.S. - check out the revelation CG trailer, probably the best trailer I've seen in a long time. Great game! Expand

1. Feb 25, 2011
    Assasssin's Creed: Brotherhood has great atmosphere, beautiful visuals, and overall excellent craftsmanship… Just don't expect anything new beyond the multiplayer.
  2. Jan 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a pleasant surprise in every respect, even though some of the concerns you might have had regarding the single map and ageing formula still stand with the final product.
  3. Jan 8, 2011
    Those wanting more from Ezio, and to revel in the period set in Assassins Creed II for a little longer, will find fond memories in Assassins Creed Brotherhood; however I couldn't shake the feeling that I'd seen it all before and was being dragged along for the same old ride.