8.3

1. Nov 16, 2010
    This is easily one of the standout titles of the year. Hope the critics understand its worth and its uniqueness. This is because it is for the first time that the gamers will get their hands on the multiplayer component of a pure action adventure game.
  2. Nov 16, 2010
    It's a perfect sequel to Ac2 and one of the best games this year! The graphics and gameplay has been greatly improved and the story is the best in the series. This is not an expansion, it's one of the greatest sequels in gaming history.
  3. Dec 28, 2010
    I..... really can't define how complex and vast the game can be. Many, many complainers rate this game 3's and 2's because of a certain ledge or building they can't climb, or complaining that they feel overwhelmed with all the activity and objectives that must be completed. Well, heres the deal: Untraversable building: You suck. If you feel overwhelmed: Read a book and get off the couch and get some brain power for once. These are only a few reasons in the vast majority of idiots who can't even play the game because they don" have enough brain power t realize whats going on. I am addicted with running around Rome (or climbing) and sneaking around Borgia Zones and taking out Captains and Towers with well-timed attacks and strategy, and the Followers Lairs to collect the Armor of Brutus (Though it makes you look like a animal abuser and a idiot) makes you just about a deadly, agile and acrobactic tank. Don't listen to the negative reviews about running around and repetitve gameplay, they obviously didn't know what they were getting into when the first AC was described as a "open world" game. I mean, come on people, we've all played GTA and Crackdown, haven't we? We know that games like these require a extensive amount of time to appreciate it, right? So, if this message got to your head, kindly refrain from nasty comments and reviews. Also, I am stumped by postitive reviews that only involve " gOOd gwapics" (typing due to common typing accuracy on most game reviews) I mean, really? This game could have had post-80's Pac-Man style graphics, and I bet SMART critics would still rate this game extremely high. Multiplayer is a great addition to AC, but sometimes I got extremely frustrated after I kill 5 targets in a row with master strategy and positioning, but only to escape one guy only to be assassinated from above while being camped by. Those kinds of things should not appear and diminish a otherwise excellent experience. This concludes my review. Have fun with the game for the people that like it, and if your not on board, because of certain in-game reasons, buy the strategy guide. This seriously helps your experience, and if you dont have it, it will be impossible to complete the mandatory Follower's Lair. Have fun with this game, and gamers game on! Expand
  4. Nov 16, 2010
    This game is amazing in every aspect. The graphics are amazing, the combat is improved, the story is solid. Ond of the best games of the year and easily a game of the year contender.
  5. Jan 25, 2011
    This game is with out a doubt a massive improvement on all other AC titles and is one the games of the year. The multiplayer is innotive and a change from the boring shoot em up titles.
  6. Dec 17, 2010
    Story: 10/10 Presentation: 10/10 Character Development: 10/10 Gameplay: 10/10 Combat: 10/10 Graphics: 8.5/10 Music: 10/10 Sound: 9.5/10 Replay Value: 10/10 Achievements: 9/10 Ending: 10/10 Total = 107/110 Rating = 9.72/10 Result: Breathtaking Experience. Cinematic and Mindblowing. Game of the Year. Perfect Bridge between AC2 and the upcoming AC3. Must-Play for AC Fans.
  7. Jan 10, 2011
    This game isn't a masterpiece like Assassin's Creed 2, but surely is very close to be one. PROS: In almost all aspects AC Brotherhood it's a great sequel. Some gameplay innovations like new combat tricks, new weapons and the assassin's recruits and his missions made really great improvements on the AC Series and will be very welcome in the next games of the AC series. The game story is outstanding, it's probably the best game story of all video games ever. Since the first AC this novel about the templars vs assassin's war is increasing in complexity and became in AC Brotherhood a master piece, with the most awesome game ending of 2010. Also, the addition of Lair of Romulus quests, however really aside of main quest, it's very fun and the puzzles remember the gold ages of Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia franchises.

The addition of multiplayer was very well made and it's hard to think in another kind of multiplayer which could be addicting and faithful to AC experience.

CONS:
    The addition of an extensive list of side quests to create a more lengthy game can be frustrating to some gamers, because the main quest it's quite short. This can be forgiven by the fact that some gamers could have no patience to play along a game with more than 20 hours of gameplay, but in the long run the game looks "unglued".

The con above can be also an side effect of the poor polish of this game. Even though still more polished as many of games launched in the last year, it's clearly worst of AC 2 in this aspect. However, AC 2 was developed in 2 years and AC Brotherhood in just 1, but my point still.

In the end, it's a really great game, a truly sequel for an franchise with great games. As a AC fan, i'm anxiously waiting for AC 3 (or whatever), while playing the awesome multiplayer of AC Brotherhood :)
  8. X11
    Jan 16, 2011
    Outstanding. This is the first video game series to keep me interested since Zelda. Unbelievable story and game play. You find yourself forgetting the world around you is rendered by a graphics card and is not actual 16th century Rome. Perhaps it's the bleeding effect... Anyway, unreal experience. A must play.
  9. Nov 20, 2010
    AC:Brother Hood is nothing short from amazing as Ezio is back in this spectacular sequel to AC 2. It has a good story and and enough content to keep you going fro ages with there being even more new and exciting things to do around Roma whether that be an assassination or scaling up to the top of the Colosseum. The games combat is basically the same as it was in AC 2 but that doesn't mean it isn't satisfying considering the vast array of wepons you can use hell you can even use a broom, the climbing however has changed slightly requiring you to be more precise with where you are going, but tbh it rarely does what you want and the climbing is a lot less fluent as it was in AC 2 which is a major disappointment.

Graphics are breathtaking on the environment as every detail is captured perfectly, but the graphics on the face aren't done that well and the splash effect on the water is badly done, the water itself is done really well though. Sound is as authentic as it gets with the Italian voice acting and every step move and crumble of a cliff when you scale it is captured perfectly.

The multiplayer although I haven't got the chance to play it can be nothing but a bonus from what I have heard and due to this being the only pure action adventure game with multiplayer on the 360 is worth buying on its own it probably rivals Uncharted's multiplayer
  10. Nov 16, 2010
    Wow!!! Incredible game. Brought everything back that you loved from AC 1+2, and got rid of everything you hated. Well placed new features, such as new weapon choices. Well developed story. Multiplayer is just perfect for this game. None other like it and it will keep you wanting to play it for years to come.
  11. Nov 26, 2010
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood is definitely my Game of the Year. The story is still great continuing right where AC2 finished. Theres also a lot more to do this time with Leonardo's machines getting taken over by Borgia. Sending your assassins on missions, calling them in to help you in single player. Plus this time theres a great multiplayer mode!! 10/10
  12. Jan 27, 2011
    The team at Ubisoft Montreal really nailed implementation of a new and great multiplayer experience. The premise of the AC: Brotherhood multiplayer is that you are one of six to eight Abstergio Templars placed into the animus for "employee training". There are several settings (some unlockable) and multiplayer modes. I have only played the "WANTED" scenario although there are also team scenarios.

in WANTED, you and the other players are playing against each other, but only one specific player is your target. Other Templars may also be after your target (I think the number of pursuers go up the higher the player's killing streak). Your objective is to take out your target (in the most covert manner) before any other pursuers do and before any of your pursuers take you out. It's basically 100 points for a kill or for a successful escape plus bonuses for finess such as killing from a crouching position, from being hidden, from three levels of covertness, and a host of other bonuses. Plus there are bonuses for using a variety of different bonus methods.

There are a limited number of character models in the game, so there are plenty of other NPCs wandering around who look exactly like your target and who look like you. This can be used to your advantage. You can hide in a group of NPCs where one or more of the characters looks exactly like you. If your pursuer kills the wrong target, he loses his contract on you and is penalized for a few seconds as a new target is picked for him.

There are quite a few unlockables that includes weapons (such as the hidden gun and throwing knives, perks (you start out with the ability to change into another character model for a time), and characters you can play. There are challenges with multiple levels that can also award you experience. I think I like it because it takes patience and the typical Call of Duty techniques don't work. The "run-and-gun" method fails, because as soon as your target catches wind that you are on their tail, they start running and often escape. The camping method doesn't work because there are always one or more templars after your ass and you are a sitting duck if you don't keep moving. It takes real finess to score a lot of points, not just a bunch of kills. You will often find that the leader does not have the highest number of kills. The dynamics of a Renaissance city filled with people not only adds to the experience, it is key to gameplay. The cities are complex and beautiful. The presense of perhaps dozens of NPCs identical to each player makes it very challenging. When your "radar" shows that you are within a few meters of your target, there could be several others who look exactly like him and you must take out the right one. Or your target could be disguised to look like someone else. Or they could use the "morph" unlockable in which they stand in a group of NPCs and everyone in that group looks identical. There is a large sense of satisfaction from seeing the message that "your pursuer killed a civilian" and, perhaps, some points to go along with it if it was your cleverness that caused it.

I didn't plan on writing a mini-review of AC: Brotherhood Multiplayer. , but I guess that's kind of what this is. Still haven't touched the single player campaign and I won't until I get past that stupid capture-the-flag challenge at the Venice carnival in Assassin's Creed II. Nor have I tried the other multiplayer scenarios other than "wanted".

I can recommend AC: Brotherhood simply on it's multiplayer. It is an absolute blast. Oh, and the campaign is supposed to be good too, I hear.
  13. Nov 16, 2010
    Been playing this since midnight. It deserves a 10. The single player campaign will take your breath away. The city is so amazing. It enhances on the graphics of AC II and it seems the AI of the guards has been greatly improved. No longer will they simply attack you one at a time. They now have the sense to rush you, It causes you to be more assassin like, and not just run in there with your sowrd out since when facing too many people, you WILL get beat. Multiplayer is new and fresh. And a word to ApocolypseBrown, shouldn't they filter you out since yours isn't even a review? Your the one bogging everything down with reviews that aren't real. Expand
  14. Nov 23, 2010
    This game is amazing.The diversity in gameplay,the amazing graphics and unmatched presentation gel together suprisingly well to form a game that is ac brotherhood.This is a game that no gamer should miss and a pure action adventure game that no one who is interested in the renaissance should pass on.
  15. Nov 24, 2010
    Best in the series. And is one of the standout titles of the year. The ambitious multiplayer component fuses together surprisingly well with the single player campaign. This is the greatest sequel ever made.
  16. Dec 11, 2010
    While not reinventing the wheel or taking any big chances, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood takes several small steps, all in the right direction. The additions of multiplayer, new customization features for Ezio, and the ability to recruit and utilize other assassins to your cause are all welcome features. I did feel the story could have been a little more involved, and the assassins you recruit could've ultimately played a larger role, but ultimately those were small hiccups in a sea of greatness. Overall a terrific game. Expand
  17. SFN
    Jan 5, 2011
    for me to tell you this game is awful is really hard because this game is amazing, the graphic design of the game felt right and the stroyline is really cool, they added new features since the second like the abilitly to call in assassins to do your dirty work is really cool plus the multiplayer is amazing, but the game does have its problems like controling your guy can become difficult at times and some glitches that really dont happen that much but besides that this the best of the series so far Expand
  18. Jan 7, 2011
    A very fun game to play. There is so much happening all at once in the game which could be seen as a negative but for the fans it's definitely a positive. A great bridge to AC3.
  19. Jan 8, 2011
    Assassin's Creed consistently delivers an extremely engrossing story, with incredibly interesting concepts and developments. The free running and stealth aspect of the game is enhanced upon from its predecessors and this makes the assassin feel much greater. The recruited assassin's are a nice concept, but I feel that they make the game too easy in many ways, which has always been one of my issues with the games, however this does not seem to take much away from the fun which is great. Furthermore, the added multiplayer component was the part I was most anxious to see before release as it's a very different concept to other multiplayer games and in that sense was either going to be awesome or a flop. Fortunately, it was executed excellently and provides a very enjoyable experience, despite the issues with slow matchmaking and a fairly low level cap. Overall, as an expansion Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is excellent and well worth the money even for just the single player campaign but the multiplayer helps add a new dimension and greater longevity. Expand
  20. Jan 14, 2011
    My favourite game! The story is very good. Again. The multiplayer good too. My fvourite characters is Agugosto the Blacksmith! For me is the Game of the year!
  21. May 25, 2011
    Great game. Fun singleplayer experience and one of the best multiplayer experiences ever. The biggest problem with the game is that the story gets really weird and by the end the game is just a little too easy.
  22. Dec 6, 2011
    Innovation is what comes out of this installment. With new mechanics like using Assassin recruits to aid you in combat is a big plus. The new combo feature was also great implementing new, varied ways to kill your enemies. Also the secret missions were fun and challenging, I was hardly disappointed with this game. Multiplayer is a good mix of free-for-all and objective based modes, and also allows customization to fit your play style. The only downside is that some missions were a bit too linear, and were not that fun to do. Otherwise, its worth trying. Expand
  23. Dec 21, 2012
    perfect graphics 10
    perfect game play 10
    great story 9.5
    great soundtracks 9.5
    ------
    EPIC
    ------
    what we could ask more from this game to get back in history walking on the streets of old Italy with the awesome Ezio
  24. Oct 29, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is an unmitigated triumph, taking the superlative groundwork laid by its forebear and building upon it. That you're confined to Rome is never an issue, as it's a vast and seamlessly sprawling, cohesive environment. Rebuilding the city and driving out the Borgia is about as compulsive as gaming gets and chances are, you'll sit glued to the game throughout and feverishly complete every Subject 16 puzzle, collect every item and refurbish every shop, aqueduct, faction building and underground tunnel you come across. Achingly beautiful to behold and incredible to play, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will be the best Roman holiday you'll ever have. Expand
  25. Jan 29, 2012
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood is familiar turf. Taking what Assassins Creed II did so well, and polishing the fundamentals up and releasing a straight sequel that improves but doesn't refine what the franchise already offers. Well.....that's the typical sequel faffle. Brotherhood is a game all its own. Yes it has made advancements and enhancements to the AC mould, but it all adds up to a much polished, yet familiar game. The narrative is one element that has received increased attention. No longer is Desmond an inactive rascal performing pointless tasks outside the animus- he's now a platforming pro. Ezio's story arc is more focused, with Cesare as the main antagonist, as vanilla and scared as he may be. Combat is far more fluid, with new chain attacks and satisfyingly meaty combat. And enough can't be said about the outstanding attention to period detail. The only real disappointments here are the general lack of variety, (a series sore point) repetitive misson varieties and some awkward parkour chinks in an otherwise spit shined armour. Brotherhood is better in almost every way than the great ACII and proves that the series can offer more depth to a progressively legendary franchise. Collapse
  26. Aug 6, 2011
    I thought this game was excellent. Really well polished and I was surprised how well the Assassin Brotherhood game mechanic worked. The only problem I had was the game has issues with the controls, when you're trying to gently push a person and end up dragging a guard of his horse it can be very frustrating.
  27. Nov 25, 2010
    This is an amazing game the great single player returns and the multiplayer is amazing. The only bad thing I would say is that the storyline is not as good as Assasins creed 2s.
  28. Mar 5, 2011
    For sure one of the best games of the year. Multiplayer is probably one of the best i've ever played and the campaign is just as satisfying as all the other games in the series. How ever if your not looking for a multiplayer game your better off with one of the other creed games because they are cheaper and probably have just as good of a campaign
  29. Dec 7, 2010
    Almost seems like an assassins creed expansion pack but it is still very good. i really like the main concept of the story and the multiplayer is also very fun. if more assassins creed games are made i hope they are somewhat like this.
  30. Jul 25, 2011
    I somehow managed to purchase every AC game prior (for budget prices) and was always left disappointed. I felt tht as much as they excelled in style and environment, they all lacked too much in the gameplay department. This latest installment is an improvement on the previous games and finally lives up to the brand's reputation. A great game, the combat was slightly tweaked yet miraculously, significantly improved, the story pacing is better and the graphics are, at times, spectacular. This is the first AC that I truly enjoyed from start to finish; and, while I got it for 20 bucks it would have been well worth full price. I'm now looking forward to Revelations. P.S. - check out the revelation CG trailer, probably the best trailer I've seen in a long time. Great game! Expand
  31. Jan 29, 2012

1. Feb 25, 2011
    Assasssin's Creed: Brotherhood has great atmosphere, beautiful visuals, and overall excellent craftsmanship… Just don't expect anything new beyond the multiplayer.
  2. Jan 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a pleasant surprise in every respect, even though some of the concerns you might have had regarding the single map and ageing formula still stand with the final product.
  3. Jan 8, 2011
    Those wanting more from Ezio, and to revel in the period set in Assassins Creed II for a little longer, will find fond memories in Assassins Creed Brotherhood; however I couldn't shake the feeling that I'd seen it all before and was being dragged along for the same old ride.