5.8

1. Aug 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My favourite episode of the 3 Washington DLC packs. Lots of action and a tight storyline moving us towards the final confrontation with King Washington. Strands of storyline were tied together and there seemed to be more logic to what Connor was doing, and his understanding of the situation.

I loved the final spirit guide power. There's nothing like stomping guards as a bear. (Or soaring across the city as an eagle. The only way to fly.) The boss battle was fairly simple to work out, but there were a few challenges along the way and the atmosphere lifted the DLC above a mediocre effort.

I quite liked the conclusion to the story. Anyone who's seen the Stewie vs Lois Family Guy eps will know how this will end not quite a dream, people! But strangely coherent for me. It kind of works. And shows that we all have our dark sides. The final scene on the ship was fascinating.

And everyone loves a good pyramid.
  2. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This whole series (mainly because of the absurd King Washington storyline and superpowers, oh yes and ANNOYING DOGS!!!!) has made these three DLC mediocre. However this part of the DLC certainly was the best one of the three. Gameplaywise it wasn't too good nor too challenging (because of the superpowers) but doing full sync (especially in the naval mission, which was by the way AWESOME!!!) was hard as HELL. Unfortunately, to most of us (Freedom edition owners thus Washington diary owners) the ending wasn't unexpected, especially if you found all of the ''true memory artifacts''. The Redemption was about Washington fighting his inner demons (and at the end) beating them. This part of the DLC, however, is my favourite one (don't know why) and I do recommend it. For 800 Mp the value is adequate. Expand

Despite clocking in at around 2.5 hours, The Redemption rushes you through the final paces of the three-part Tyranny of King Washington saga so doggedly — and with such gaping holes throughout the narrative — that we were left with a sense of nagging unfulfillment, not closure.
  2. May 5, 2013
    Out of the three, we'd recommend 'The Redemption' over the previous episodes - and you don't need to purchase the other two to play it - but ultimately, the series fails to live up to its promising premise.
  3. Apr 29, 2013
    The Tyranny of King Washington is an expansion not worthy of the Assassin's Creed series. The Infamy had given me some hope, that the next installment will be interesting, but in the end we have received a boring and uninspired story with a weak conclusion. You get no pleasure from a repetitive and primitive gameplay as well. It's a shame. Right now I need to rest and don't want to play Assassin's Creed IV any time soon. That is no redemption.