6.7

1. Apr 13, 2014
    This game being my first time playing anything from the Assassin's Creed franchise I was very impressed at how the story plays out, the game play, and just the look back in history premise these games bring. If you were to ask me what I thought about this game a little over a year ago I would have said it was fantastic!
    However after playing AC2, I became more and more disappointed in
    what AC3 was.
    This is still a good game (don't get me wrong) but it just does not compare to the previous entries in the franchise.
  2. Mar 22, 2014
    An utter disappointment in not just the Assassins Creed franchise, but pretty much to video games in general. The time setting and location, while it felt fresh, was laid back by an uninteresting protagonist and an underwhelming story.
  3. Mar 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow, Ubisoft you did it again! You failed another multilogy of your games (another was Prince of Persia). You made me hate your сompany after this game! Expand
  4. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    Is this assassin's creed or melee creed? What the hell were they thinking making this? The city is cluttered and stuffy with nowhere to really utilize the game mechanics. The guards are a joke. The story itself is tedious and unbelievable, even for a video game. The pacing is abysmal and clumsy the whole way through. The best part of it is the beginning with the boats. After that I'm at a loss for how they could think this would be a good game. Expand
  5. Jan 31, 2014
    Another great installment. You have a vast a array of weapons the multiplayer is still awesome. Fans will love this game...............................
  6. Jan 27, 2014
    great game based on historical things if you like both history and action by the game multiplier is worth it by itself. i love history thinking it would be stupid i let it wait until iv came out decided to try it best choice in my life.
  7. Jan 25, 2014
    I'm Sorry Ubisoft, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, This takes everything Assassin's Creed stood for and Sh*t all over it - getting rid of ezio was the biggest mistake they ever made, now that i've screamed enought i'll start by pointing out the mistakes-
    1. Poor introduction I have never waited that long to properly start a game, it would of fared better if the main character was Haytham,
    Poor intergration into history after helping George washington win a war you laugh at the absurditity of it all.
    3. Boring character personality, ezio was by far the best of the series. but connors voice was offputing, and he had no interest in meeting new people and that made me not want to meet anyone.
    4. What about everyone who dousn't life in america, I life in australia and therefore do not show much interest in the american colonial war .
    5.Horrible gameplay, Ubisoft who's BRIGHT IDEA was it to CHANGE THE GAME CONTROLS HMM? fighting feels slow and obese, in previous games you would easily press X,X,and then counter by just holdin the RT. now they need a slow motion moment just so you can get your finger back round the X button.
    6. Who else's idea was it to make the loading screen , BLINDING WHITE, i played this game at night and everytime ahhhh punta elgato!. Maybe this is a Ubisoft plot to secretly rid the world of vision.
    7.Desmond is as boring as ever, as you are pulled into a sh*ttier game, his missions aren't exhilerating or exciting they are just plain desmond but the best part was seing his father punch him right in the face.
    8. And probably the worst part of the game the ENDING, it was so out of place, i played though 5 games in order waiting for THIS?. what NOOO!. , there's no choice like in farcry 3 and you are left more confused than you are in Mass Effect 3.
    This list looks pretty bad because it is, this is firmly the worst game in the series and hopefully we can all forget about i and move on to black flag. WHY,UBISOFT WHY.
  8. Jan 24, 2014
    I loved AC2, and I enjoyed Brotherhood. I consider those two games the height of this series. But something was clearly lost after Brotherhood. I may piss some people off saying this, but Revelations and AC3 are utter garbage. There is almost nothing good about those two games in my brutally honest opinion. This whole "Those Who Came Before" plot line was novel and interesting in AC2, but in AC3 it has become pointless and feels like it should have been wrapped up a game or two ago. Combat again becomes simplified, and the game lacks interesting side stuff like the glyphs in AC2/Brotherhood. The main character is boring and uninteresting. At a lot of points in the game, you play for 5 minutes then watch a 10 minute cinematic. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when it happens this often I get annoyed. And, much like AC1, the voice actor for the main character is atrocious. AC1 was still enjoyable because it was an ambitious game that brought a playstyle into the industry not really seen before other than in Prince of Persia. But AC3 is the fifth installment in this franchise -- the gameplay is no longer a saving grace for bad voice acting, cheesy dialogue and a bad plot. I've heard AC4 is significantly better than this game and I sincerely hope so. I was severely disappointed with this title, as I also was with Revelations. If you care about the story, play the game for plot progression's sake -- otherwise, there really is no point in playing this game. These are just my opinions, and not objective criticism, which is a distinction I hope you make while reading my review. I loved AC before Revelations, so it's just an incredibly disappointing game for me. Expand
  9. Jan 6, 2014
    Previously, I thought this franchise was just another mainstream Call of Duty-esque franchise. Until I realized the historical aspect each game carries. Being the US History buff that I am, I decided to teast this game out...and I loved it. It's so amazing to interact with huge historical figures, travel colonial America, and well, kick some ass. This game also brings in the issues of freedom for all and slavery and questions our own morality of killing. Assasin's Creed 3 is truly a masterpiece. Expand
  10. Dec 28, 2013
    The single player makes you feel exactly like you are actually in the colonies. The mechanics in the gameplay were next to flawless and what was even better is the naval combat. The graphics were great and the A.I needed a tiny bit more work but still it was great. The only bad thing is the multiplayer was greatly uninspired and nobody likes the Desmond part. Overall, great game.
  11. Dec 27, 2013
    These are the negative facts in my opinion about the game. Overall it's a great game. It has amazing graphics and great environment and i enjoyed playing it, but there were some things that ruined my experience during gameplay.

For me it was difficult to follow the story, because there's too much of information happening at the same time and i got confused. The maps are too big and
    exploring them gets tedious, the characters have no special personality. The main character (Connor) is too serious and cold, i missed Ezio's charisma. The start-menu is very confusing. The main message and meaning of the assassin's creed felt kind of weak in general. Expand
  12. Dec 27, 2013
    Great graphics and features but poor history and the main character is just not charismatic like Ezio or Altair. Lots of boring stealth missions.. Not very fun I just want to finish it quick to get to the next one..
  13. Dec 26, 2013
    When I started playing this game, I was swept up in Assassin's Creed nostalgia. The gameplay was smooth but refined, and the world was massive. The combat flowed well and all in all the voice acting was very good. After a couple hours of gameplay, I noticed the first issue, the opening sequence is way too long. It took me three hours before I met the protagonist, and left me feeling like most of what I had done to that point was just a glorified tutorial. I finally got to Connor's storyline and expected the game to finally pick up, there were a few issues with that though. First off, Connor is boring. He just floats through revolutionary America taking jobs for a bunch of founding fathers and barely has any traits. There may be a scene where he challenges his teacher, but as soon as that's over it's like it never happened. The use of founding fathers is enjoyable for a little, but I like American history, and when this game decides to say, "Paul Revere didn't do the midnight ride, it was Connor, Paul was just kind of there" it becomes annoying. It undermines the efforts of all these real people to promote the protagonist, and it didn't need to do that. Finally, there's the biggest problem with the game, it's boring. There are long stretches of game where you just follow people around and wander between Boston and New York (no Philadelphia?). And while that also happened in AC I and II (and all the other games), at least you were someplace interesting where you could have fun exploring the environment. 18th Century Boston isn't nearly as big or fun as Damascus or Rome, for god sake, if there was a building over 3 stories it was a treat, while in old ones you could climb hundreds of feet in the air. The action is fun, but there is a bit of issue with the technology of the time, namely, guns. In the revolutionary war, everyone owned a gun. Using swords and throwing knives is fun, until you get shot, then you just need to pick up a musket. I think this was a poor choice for setting, because the system worked in the other games. The player would meet some people they had heard of, some people they hadn't and run around getting into sword fights. Here, the player knows all the major characters (or at least I did) and realizes they made them so much less interesting than they were. A conversation with Thomas Jefferson about slavery should be riveting, but he just vaguely talks against it while Connor accuses him of being a hypocrite, then agrees to do some bland chore for him. Along the way, Connor gets shot and has to run around dodging redcoats until he can hide. It just doesn't work as well. Maybe Ubisoft is just spinning their wheels, but this feels more like an uninspired peripheral game than the climax of the franchise (or at least the trilogy). I give it a 5/10, if only because I did like the older games so much. Expand
  14. Dec 14, 2013
    Having played AC 1 and 2, I was unsure of where they could take the series as 2 was an incredible piece of work. The answer is they got very ambitious and fell short. The opening is fun once, and by opening I mean first 10 hours. This game is not replayable, too many very long story sequences of linearized gameplay.

The good is that this game is beautiful, vast, complex, and has alot
    of play time in it. Best part hands down were the ship missions. The free run mechanics continue to work great and further variety has been added to combat to keep it from stagnating.

Find this game discounted and it will not disappoint, but not a full retail purchase.
  15. Dec 10, 2013
    Just terrible. The main character is an idiot; the guards are omniscient to the point that stealth is impossible; controls are poor; the story is AWFUL; and the missions are nothing but frustrating.
  16. Nov 27, 2013
    My biggest gripe with this game is the disjointed and fractured storyline. It's like they forgot to do some of the cinematic cut scenes that explain how a particular situation ended up. You have to try to gleam from the conversations between your character and NPCs later what really went down when you finish a mission that is important but the details are left out. Game play itself is just like all other AC in my opinion, naval battles are okay, and the trading aspect is pretty stupid. Overall would of had a better score if the story had been checked by someone without ADHD before production. Expand
  17. Nov 24, 2013
    ok,i really put a 9 but this game is so hate for idiots
    the negative reviews on this game are sick and tiring
    are you stupids? what de you want? another ezio s game?
    do you think ubisoft is like activision? assassins creed 3 has a good story,a good gameplay and a good soundtrack. it had excelent graphics and its very fun to play it
  18. Nov 20, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a great time-step forward for the franchise. It brings new characters, familiar moments of American history, sea combat, family rivalry, and the other typical AC franchise elements under one roof. This makes the game more vast and complex than ever before. Sometimes, the complexity betrays itself. I never felt like I totally understood the crafting system well enough before taking to the internet to get some more info from other players that had spent more time with it. The graphics are the best of the franchise on consoles and runs noticeably smoother than previous entries. While the awesome addition of assassin brethren from Brotherhood is still around, it felt way more sidelined and unnecessary to invest in. Other than that, you could make the case that this is the best foot forward AC has made since AC2 and was well worth my time. If I could make one gripe: the free-running mechanics are both improved and broken at the same time. Numerous times I would make leaps or climbs that I wasn't intending to make. On top of that, the British Artificial Intelligence were at times buggy and would detect me while Incognito and just walking down the street. These bits occasionally disrupted the game so harshly that it became frustrating and nearly inexcusable. The good news is that these experiences, while rough and disruptive, weren't too common and seemed to be non issues during most of the main story missions. Expand
  19. ERB
    Nov 15, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III may not be as good as Assassin's Creed II but I should admit this game is still awesome.The graphics are beautiful and the world of Assassin's Creed is so huge.There are also many interactions in this game like petting the animals,bribing people and more.The actions in this game is so cool I mean it has cool techniques and assassination moves and more.The game play in this game is fun and some time even funny like where you eavesdrop two people talking and like they spotted you and they want to kill you and if you crouch in the bushes or grasses they won't notice.Even if they are near you.I laughed so hard and I think in there time they believe in man-plants so they thought that you were a man-plant so they ignored you.So I can tell that this game will satisfy you not just the story of this game but all of them.

This game is great.I love this game.I recommend you to buy this game because it is just great.If you are looking for a fun game to play here it is,Assassin's Creed III is an awesome game so try downloading this game or try buying It.I'm telling you this game is God damn fun.
  20. Rem
    Nov 11, 2013
    I am one of those that truly adored the Assassin's Creed franchise. AC2 was the peak of the series as it showed how you can combine the free running mechanic and still give you an insane amount of freedom. Here in Assassin's Creed 3, that sort of freedom is absent. If you haven't brushed up on your previous games, prepare to get confused as it throws many aspects from previous games into the main story. What bugged me the most is that most of the missions in the game are just plain too restricting and tedious. Eavesdropping missions are certainly not a good way to past the time as I recall replaying one mission eight times because I had to play a very specific way. The game tries to make up for this by introducing a huge amount of side activities. Hunting, crafting, looting, underground, and delivery missions are present, but it just isn't any interesting. A couple positives I do have to mention is the fact that combat is more entertaining than ever. Freerunning is also simpler than ever. However the biggest surprise is the naval combat, which are easily the best parts of the game. Yet with obvious improvements even in the graphical department, there are plenty of technical issues in the game, and they certainly annoyed me. Overall Assassin's Creed 3 gets caught trying to do too much with so little. It is easily the weakest entry in the series and a disappointing sendoff to Desmond Miles, not like his story was compelling anyways. Expand
  21. Nov 6, 2013
    Because I trust user reviews over magazine reviews, I waited close to a year before purchasing it in the bargin bin. I wasn't disappointed. This was the worst game of the series. At times the story felt exhilerating and epic, but mostly it felt lame and dull. The large expansive world that they added falls flat when they give you such a large area with nothing interesting to do in it. For a game to have been out for a year and still be as buggy as this game makes no sense. It was as bad as the very first Assassin's Creed, yet that one got a pass because it was the first...this is the fifth game of the series! Way too many redcoats in town that prevent you from stealth. If you jump up on a roof, it's like you ignited a hornets nest and spend most of your time running for your life. Combat it ridicolous now because you regenerate your health very quickly, and so does your enemy apparently as it takes about fifteen hits with your tomohawk to kill them. Some assassin, can't stealth and can't kill. Such a shame because the did a great job with the graphics, Boston and New York, the ships, and the voice acting was the best of the series. Expand
  22. Oct 31, 2013
    This game might be entertaining, but it is a little bit boring. The storyline is a bit too draggy too. I liked the soundtrack of this game, A LOT. I think ubisoft should not have added 4 sequences of us playing as Haytham, because playing as him is extremely boring.
  23. Ed_
    Oct 30, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III is the second best game in the series after AC2.

The game runs without any problem, graphics and controls are amazing and precise. After Revelation the story was a freshness for me: enjoyable, eventful and enthralling.

For me, the age in which the game is set, American Revolution, was enough to love the game. Playing on the side of the patriots against the
    British oppressors who are happened to be templars is fantastic. The customization of Connor and his ship is far the best part of the game only after the story, plus the possibility to build up and upgrade your small town was another great idea which is again unmissable.
    Regarding the story, playing Haytham and Connor made possibly the best mixture to feel empathy to both characters and their understanding of the World and politics. Despite their disagreement on things they can work together but only with some misunderstandings. Haytham is more cool and opportunist character who often argues his son's seriousness and inability to adapt to different kind of situations.
    Finally the British and American accents in the game give extra pleasure to the gameplay.

All in all, the game deserves 10 points which means I can bravely recommend this high quality game to anybody!
  24. Oct 27, 2013
    after a very disapointing game(assassin's creed revelations)there wans't how make a worst game,the story of assassin's creed 3 can be good but the rest of the game isnt so good.
  25. Oct 22, 2013
    I love the AC games and I feel like this isn't a terrible entry but I think they strayed to far from the stealth mechanics of the previous games. And it is way to easy to get out of impossible situations
  26. Oct 20, 2013
    A game that aims so high its hard not to respect. The emphasis on your targets this time round over the protagonist is certainately different, and mechanics are streamlined, though in some ways the older schemes could have worked better. You do pretty much everything from board games to naval missions to sneaking & hunting. The big problem is that the actual assassinations have gone from openly exploring/ planning an attack to approaching them the game wants you to do so (scripted chases, quicktime events & areas where you get detected from taking any other route than the games expected path). On top of that there is not much focus on the assassinating in a game called Assassins Creed. It feels more like an American Revolution life simulator instead.
    Still, for all the faults its a breath of fresh air into the series, which was getting tired by Revelations, and if you liked the gameplay from the last few games this is one to get.
  27. Oct 16, 2013
    Unlike most people, I actually like this game better than Assassin's Creed II. However, that still doesn't mean that I love this game. As a matter of fact, I have to say that this game is average at best. This game has a lot of the same problems I have had with Assassin's Creed II, but it is still slightly better for other reasons. For one, the graphics have been very much improved. While they are still outdated (not on par with Skyrim or Batman Arkham City, both of which came out a year before this), they are still very good. The gameplay is not too bad either. However, after playing it, I cannot deny its many similarities with Batman Arkham City. That's essentially what the gameplay is as a matter of fact, a toned down version of the combat system in Batman Arkham City. This still makes the gameplay generic like Assassin's Creed II, however, I did love Batman Arkham City's combat system, and I am pretty glad it was used here. The game also has a little more to do in it than Rocksteady's Batman epic, however, most of these tasks are rather boring. Arkham City had Batman solving crimes, while this game has you collecting trinkets for a man you care little about. Naval battles were a nice touch to this game however. It does keep this game from getting too generic like Assassin's Creed II, but considering that they make up less than half of the game's missions, it won't help all that much. The gameplay also still has several glitches, a few of them game-breaking. If Ubisoft really wants this series to be amazing, they need to stop releasing these games with so many bugs in them. The story of this game however, still completely sucks. The present story is still in there, and should be removed from the game entirely. Its plot is confusing as heck, and is still a complete rip-off of the Matrix. As for the story set in the past, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the story is no longer ripping off any comic books (at least, not as much as the last game). The bad news is now it is ripping off another very good movie. This time, it is ripping off Star Wars. The story has you taking control of an Assassin named Luke Skywalker, I mean Connor (who is essentially a Native American version of Batman), who has everything he loves taken from him, his tribe, his mother, everything. He then goes to a wise old mentor named Yoda, I mean Achilles, to teach him the ways of the Jedi, I mean Assassin. He also learns that one of the main villains of this game is his father named Darth Vader, I mean Haytham Kenway. Do you see where I'm saying it is a Star Wars knock-off? The game still has a very unique setting. I do love how it takes place in Colonial times, which is an era not often explored in video games. I also love how it takes place during the American Revolution, however, that does sort of add to how it is a rip-off of Star Wars, as there is another war between the Assassins and Templars happening along with the Americans and British. In Star Wars it was the Rebellion vs. The Empire along with Jedi vs. Sith. Overall, I'd say that this game is an improvement from Assassin's Creed II, but still not a game that I would call great. I'd say that this game is worth a rent at best. However, if you want something better than this, it would probably be for the best that you skip this game entirely, and spend your money on a game like Batman Arkham Asylum or Arkham City. Expand
  28. Sep 24, 2013
    Finalmente, el sacar una nueva entrega de la saga cada año les ha pasado factura. Lo mejor que tenían los AC no eran los gráficos, ni el combate, sino la historia y la trama en general. Todo queda arruinado en esta "conclusión" hecha deprisa y corriendo (en particular, el protagonista queda muy pobre y sosainas). En general no está muy mal el planteamiento, pero repito, falla la ejecución. Si le hubieran dedicado el tiempo que necesitaba, igual les hubiera quedado mejor. Por lo demás, la mecánica bien, innova algo con respecto a sus predecesores que incluye nuevas áreas más grandes, para hartarse a explorar (cosa que a mí no me llama mucho la atención, la verdad. No creo que "skyrimizar" el juego lo mejore, pero...bueno) y algún que otro cambio -que no mejora- en los combates. Expand
  29. Sep 24, 2013
    This game is the definition of a major disappointment. It had so much potential to be amazing, and instead we got a very mediocre game. Extremely mediocre honestly. Where do I even start. The combat is stiff and restricting, the free-running is annoying and a step backwards from previous games, the enemy a.i is bad, the map is uninteresting and not even fun to explore and worst of all:The game is boring to play. I mean there were a few good moments in the game, but there's not enough of them to truly say this is a good game. The game was so boring at some points, I was nearly put to tears. The protagonist is dull, the main missions are repetitive and restricting, and the map is a chore to explore.The game is beautiful to look at, but that's about it. Oh and I forgot to mention how the game's ending is awful. This game sucks. My rating: 6.1/10 Expand
  30. Sep 22, 2013
    Assassin's Creed is no doubt my favorite video game franchise, and this game is no exception. Well... mostly no exception. The story for this game is half and half for me. one on side, Conner's story is great. It isn't the best the series has written, but it's still nice. I found it really surprising that Haytham was actually a Templar. I think this was an awesome plot twist, and I think Ubisoft should actually do more with playing as Templars. As for Conner's ending, it's alright. I felt that it ended to abruptly, but it isn't the worst ending; i'll get to that. On the other hand, we have Desmond's story, which is the WORST in the series. Like the other Desmond stories, while it's acted well, it's completely unneeded, and doesn't make sense whatsoever. and what I said about AC's worst ending? Desmond's ending in this game has to be one of the worst endings in video game history. I won't spoil it, but I will say that it reflects how useless Desmond's story really is. Now onto the gameplay. this game adds up a lot more mechanics, but I have one problem with them: the overworld. the overworlds in this game are absolutely HUGE. I find myself constantly fast traveling, and also ignoring side objectives and little extras. Basically, my problem is that the worlds are too big: they break the flow of the game, and make the replayability matter less. heck, I barely touched view points in this game, which I always did in previous games. Though the combat still manages to stay fresh, and much better thanks to additions such as arms and muskets. Something that really surprised me was the graphics in the game. the environments are surprisingly beautiful, and even more so, this game has a surprisingly fast frame rate. I loved this, as it made the control in the game feel much more tweaked and fluent. But by far the best aspect of the game is Multiplayer. Multiplayer is addicting and fun, and the gamemodes, level system, and maps are great. Overall, ACIII is a great addition to the series. Desmond's story may be awful, and the huge worlds may take away from the game, but thanks to Conner's story, improved gameplay, and epic Multiplayer, this is a great game that I recommend you pick up. Expand
  31. Sep 15, 2013
    Connor was assassin. His character sucked. The ending was sick but other than that, all of the characters sucked except for Charlie. Haymitch and everyone was awful.
  32. Sep 11, 2013
    Un titulo interesante debido a su anterior saga, pero con unos altibajos notables: Los gráficos se podría decir que incluso han empeorado respecto a los últimos Assassin's Creeds, pero lo importante aquí reside en otras cosas como la nave Aquila, sin duda algo perfecto, un gran barco disponible para realizar batallas navales, el bajo: No se puede usar en un modo libre. En mi opinión, el nuevo traje de Connor es bueno, recordando el estilo de la saga, pero en la compra de este articulo parece haber poco en lo que elegir, otra cosa que me gusto fue la posibilidad de llamar al caballo, pero el bajo es sus continuos errores, cuando entra en el agua en ocasiones se crea un bug, al igual que es muy ficicil montarlo si vas por el bosque. Como he dicho un buen juego, no me decepcionó, pero tambien tiene errores que necesitan ser pulidos. Expand
  33. Sep 1, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a very well made game with minor issues. The story is engaging and strongly acted. The game's open world is large and split up into New York, Boston, and the Frontier but after finishing the main story there is not a lot of replay value aside from a few side missions and miscellaneous quests. The game play is fluid, but isn't very challenging and has a few camera angle bugs here and there. No spoilers, but the climax of the campaign drags on and then ends abruptly, so I have mixed feelings about it. The visuals are excellent and really immerse you into colonial North America. AC3 will please long-time fans for the most part, but may or may not win over newcomers and skeptics Expand
  34. Aug 30, 2013
    When i played just 5 hours of this game i gave it a 9. I made a terrible mistake, this game is not that good. It has indeed a good story, and the Naval missions are the Jewel of the Crown. But the game is broken, the parkour elements are Broken, the Battles are way too simple, different weapons means nothing in this game. The best thing of the game, the naval missions, are so few in the story mode, that you can count in one hand's fingers. I am relieved that Blackflag's focus is on Piracy, i really hope they learn from their mistakes, Assassin's Creed is an awesome franchise. Expand
  35. Aug 29, 2013
    [5.8] As with most of the previous installments, Assassin's Creed never learns from its mistakes. The developers improve one aspect of the game, and forget to maintain another. You would expect a skilled developer such as Ubisoft to be able to perfect a game by fifth installment, especially when its weakest elements are the most important to the game.
  36. Aug 25, 2013
    5th installment of the Assassin's Creed series. Average User Score of 6.8, much undeserved. IGN rated it 8.5, Gamespot-8.5, and Game Informer 9.5. Those are the scores this game deserves.

Drawing upon the success of the previous installments the new one follows the story of a new hero(finally.) Conner. And as such also takes place in none other than the middle of the Revolutionary War.
    Meanwhile Desmond finds himself in yet another hideout, living out the memories of Conner, but being much closer to his previous goals that will inevitably tie up the series by the end. Or will they? Bumbumbum. (*cough*Assassins Creed: Black Flag*)

Desmond's side of the story is much more expanded now, there is a lot more freedom, and most definetly the most action for Desmond out of all the installments. (Guess he got fed up with laying down in the animus all day.)
    The game as much improved it's combat system since Assassin's Creed: Revelations. The NPC's are no longer brain dead as with Brotherhood and Revelations. This is a much welcome change for veterans of the series and new comers to the series. Combat flows much smoother, and enemies pose bigger challenges. Given a myriad of new weapons, such a dual pistols, and Ropedart. (strangle people and hang them off of varius objects, now doesn't that sound fun?)

The story and dialogue are both very unique in their delivery through the eyes of a Native American posed as an assassin, it gives you a glimpse at the life of the Natives during the 1700's and the time of settling colonists. Conner himself is much different then Ezio and Altair, and that is a good thing that makes him unique and stand out as a character. His journey for righteousness and justice is exactly what it is to live by the Creed. But at the same time his softness and will for justice obstructs his goals, along with his naivety. From the outside many people might not like this new Assassin when looking back at Ezio, but if time is taken to see where he had come from, and how he was raised, it is much easier to understand him as a character. Even from the beginning, Conner is shown in a sentimental light, and this light only grows brighter as the story comes to a climax, and he is faced with choices, and tragedies that really show what it means to be an Assassin in the Brotherhood. This installment in the series, has had a lot of sentiment and emotion, the relationships between Conner and myriad of other characters are really fleshed out for an emotional story from middle to the end.

On the side, the game features a "community" sort of mechanic called "Homestead." Where Conner can help and bring new people to his community, where they lend him their presence and trade skills, while the community keeps on growing. Each of these settlers have unique personas that lend to the community feeling very alive. Conner can choose to help them out and as he does the settlers can produce better goods, the community grows literally, new builds are erect, new relationships are started. It is overall just a great side optional feature that fleshes out the side stories,and brings more life to Conner as he creates relationships with each settler.

There are TONS of side quests, from Frontiersmen spreading rumors about monsters, to courier, and delivery requests. Tons of collectibles to be found everywhere. One of the collectibles you are able to trade in for pieces of map fragments that later are used to uncover a great treasure.

Another new mechanic introduced to the Assassins Creed universe in this installment is the Naval Battle system where you commandeer your own ship. With this you participate in various sea battles, sink ships, take down forts, upgrade your ship, fare against rogue winds, all sorts of very fun things. (Who knew you could learn so much about commandeering a ship from a video game.)

Overall, this has been one of the best, and most refined Assassin's Creed installments to date. Some people will not like Conner or the new Naval Battles, but if you actually take the time to understand the character, and the various new mechanics in this game. It will be a very enjoyable ride, from beginning to end. Hopefully, Conner will grow on the players, because he is a worthy Assassin to the series, and shouldn't be disregarded as anything less. He brought a great story, and a very tragic and emotional one at that, that was not so very familiar to the series.

This game is worth the pick up, as cheap as 10 dollars in a lot of places, in used condition. Tons of content for that low price is a steal. This has personally been the most enjoyable Assassins Creed game for me so far, tons of side content to keep busy, a lot of different great personalities to meet in the game if you take the time, much improved and fun combat, great graphics and animations, the story is phenomenal it really connects the player to Conner, and feels his pain through the things he must endure, until the very end.
  37. Aug 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really loved the WTF! moments in the storyline. These moments remain unsurpassed by any such moments in the original games, apart from maybe the ending to AC1 which everyone kinda saw coming anyway. The Haytham stuff was very well done, and the conclusion to that relationship with Connor seemed both inevitable and tragic.

The graphics are an obvious improvement on the previous games. I know this as I completed AC: Revelations and then went straight on to AC3. Character models are great and there is real depth. However, there have been buggy moments throughout and I have to wonder if the current-gen is being pushed to its absolute limit, or if we have some lazy debugging?

I felt like this was a very linear AC game. That I was being led towards the next mission and that any side-quests (and other stuff) was all there as filler. There seems to be very scant reward for doing many of the side-missions and, often, they would just get in the way. This is odd to me as I have always made an effort to 100% these games in the past here, I just don't care and can't be arsed. Maybe I'm Assassins Creed-ed out? After playing two games consecutively?

Connor is very dull, bless him. I suppose I warmed to him in the end, particularly with the Haytham stuff and the DLC, but when pitched against the mighty Ezio, he is just a sullen boy with confusing morals. I'd have much rather played the whole game with Haytham!

The whole currency system seems completely broken and money is at a real premium. In the crucible of the New World where there were many fortunes to be made, this seems to be at odds with the timeline. There is no chance of making enough money to buy items and upgrades from your usual activities and missions. So now we move to hunting (not much to be had there) and the very broken trading system. Which is not explained well enough. And in the era of paperless manuals "it's on the disc" things need to be explained really well, people! As did the new assassins guild(?) system which also felt very broken when compared to the silky, seamless offering in Ezio's world.

I hate climbing trees. I used to love climbing trees as a lad, but not in this game. In fact, I reckon that I could have scaled some of the trees myself faster than Connor's utterly ridiculous jumping around on the spot, or to his death antics that I have often experienced. User error, you might ask? Possibly. But the trigger system of free running often leads Connor to take short breaks to catch his breath so you feel it necessary to push the jump button and then, a few seconds later, find yourself to be bear chow with 97% percent of your bones shattered on an unforgiving frontier ground.

And bears? WTF? There seems to be one place in the frontier where bears must be respawning cos I killed 6 or 7 of the bastards before I legged it! Did I stumble on Beartown?

Guns are annoying. It takes away the fluidity from combat that we were able to demonstrate with Altair and Ezio and makes everything too busy for me. Also, is it just me, or are half of the British army in one borough of Boston or New York at any one time? No wonder the British lost the war it's because seven batallions were busy chasing some native kid around the streets of Boston! It seems to become quite unfair too quickly. And given that stealth is often a near-impossible option, the game can become quickly frustrating.

Desmond. To paraphrase another scribe, "What the f*ck was that all about?" Given that it was a completely unsatisfactory journey, I suppose that it was inevitable that it would be a completely unsatisfactory ending! I didn't mind the modern-day stuff. I actually found jumping around skyscrapers, Abstergo and UFC PPVs a nice distraction from Connor's dull life. And it was nice to see Desmond being quite bad-ass. But the backstory between the Templars and Assassins now seems likely to be shelved for an altogther more supernatural, sci-fi, whatever paint-by-numbers plot in future ACs. The Templars vs Assassins plot was fine for me I didn't really care where these items came from (e.g. Apple of Eden) just that they were powerful, important, and progressed the storyline.

And Lucy is dead. Well I'll never get back all those hours in AC1 that I spent chatting her up then! And BTW, that spoiler was given out by the production team at last year's Eurogamer when they started their demo with "Yes! Lucy IS dead!" Spoilers, people! The fact that it took place in some crappy Minecraft crossover DLC is a real slap in the face for such a major character in the modern plot. Not good. And the same production team from Ubisoft proudly presented the tree climbing stuff at Eurogamer. I should have seen that coming.

In conclusion, I found AC3 to be frustrating and pleasurable in fairly equal amounts. Too linear in places. Broken side-quests. Fiddly. But good characters. A beautiful world to play in. Ship battles were VERY good fun, which bodes well for AC4. Liked the stories.
  38. Aug 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassins Creed III was a extremely smooth and featured easy controls. There was always something to do in AC3 even after you've completed the main story. Desmond's story is still weak and confusing and gives you little to keep you interested. Meanwhile, Conner's story was always interesting and showed extreme depth. The way the game started introducing you to a bunch of characters, that you will eventually kill, was a very nice touch that gave the story even more depth. The introduction of the Aquilla was done perfectly. Controls were easy. It will be interesting to see if you will be able to explore the world via ship in future AC. Expand
  39. Aug 15, 2013
    I have been a fan of the Assassin's Creed series since 2008, and played all the console releases so far. This entry in the series shows why the series is so great sometimes, spectacular views, fun combat and nice diversions. But it is a highly flawed game: the main missions force players to do their tasks in a certain manner, combat is frustrating(have to hit a single enemy three times to a row to kill him, should you stop they heal) and the main lead is a rather dull character. But its still a game worth playing, just know its a frustrating and tedious. Expand
  40. Aug 15, 2013
    Another great take in the Assassin's Creed series. It's not perfect by any meas: the voice acting is poor, the characters occasionally feel far from fleshed out and the movement is not always as precise as it should be. However the cinematic quality and the general storyline is well mapped out and putting Connor in the midst of key historical events made for a very engaging experience. One of the few games that made me want to research it's subjects and topics and shows that the medium can be used not just to entertain but (in a loose way) educate without losing gameplay. Expand
  41. Aug 12, 2013
    a well done open world game with very immersive environments and a good not great story although Connor the main character is a little boring, but overall, the game is full of exploration and cool missions.
  42. Aug 10, 2013
    I've played through all the Assassin's Creed games and I own each one of them on my shelf. So let me just say that Assassin's Creed III got an awful lot of hype, and that's about a 55/45 divide in fault between Ubisoft and the internet. I'm not making excuses for the game, but any gamer knows that to hype a game almost always (except in rare cases like Skyrim) adds up to it letting people down.

Assassin's Creed III both does and doesn't do that. I have a little objectivity here because I actually started playing the AC series with III, then went back and played the others. Now, if you're comparing this to past AC games, it falls a little short, half because of hype, and half because of the actual game. The free-running system has been simplified to a point where I found it a little more boring than Brotherhood or Revelations, but that can be debated, and Boston/New York aren't nearly as fun to run around in as past cities (though the Frontier is definitely a success in that regard). What can't be debated is the glitches. I've hit no game-breaking ones like others, but there are a plethora of them and they really do detract from the game, which I think is mostly in part for this game having a very short development cycle with the new engine, and its a real pain. The combat system gets old and its rather predictable, since there are four types of enemies and you learn how to beat them in just a few minutes. The underground sucks, and is a drag to explore.

On the other hand, I can't speak higher of the storyline. Connor is a step into a new character design from Ubisoft where he is a vehicle to convey hurt, and unshaken conviction to his cause due to that hurt. He keeps his goal set: to ensure liberty for his people and for all, however he keeps questioning whether or not the side he's on is best for that. Many say that he's not likeable, and that's partially true, but he's not supposed to be likeable like Ezio was; he's supposed to be sympathy-worthy and a man you can root for. He's a vehicle to convey the story, the motive and the moral. And Connor's story is more compelling than ANY of the past Assassin's Creeds. I won't spoil it, but I have to give Ubisoft credit for making a very, very strong character.

The game is also stunningly beautiful. Its graphic leap from Revelations is far further than any of the past games in this series, with the amazing sites in the Frontier offering incredible vistages and Connor's home base looking more astounding than Masyaf, Ezio's hideout or any others. Naval combat, a new direction for this series, is a huge hit. It's simple, fun, doesn't get old even after a while, and offers you a great way to waste time. The soundtrack is brilliant, stunning and is only rivalled by Revelations' in this series.

In conclusion, if you go in expecting this game to blow you away after playing the previous games, you will be disappointed. Some of the mechanics lack, some completely fail, and a few have been improved. But if you have some objectivity and focus on its strengths in story and characters and the emotional investment it puts in its player, you will enjoy it immensely.
  43. Aug 10, 2013
    This was my first AC game and i loved it to bits. It's huge, great graphics, lots to see, lots to do, lots of reliability, i just had so much fun with it. I've played through it twice so far and will deffo play through again sometime. My only problem with it was the story line was weak in places and i didn't like the modern day sections and the whole animus thing.
  44. Aug 5, 2013
    My review on Assassin's creed 3 SINGLE PLAYER: 8.5/10. outstanding story, great twists and turns. HATE connor, for some reason GRAPHICS: 9.75/10. breathtaking. besides a few glitches. simply outstanding SOUND: 8.5/10. great sound design, decent voice acting MULTIPLAYER: 9/10. lots of game modes and maps, very unique approach. do not like that you can buy your way through the unlocks
    GAMEPLAY: 8.5/10. fluid controls, lots of fun mechanics. sadly plagued with quite a few glitches. though.
    FUN FACTOR: 9/10. very fun game, lots of content
    TOTAL: 9/10
  45. Aug 4, 2013
    the assassins creed series is one of the best series in gaming and the previous installments have all been top quality. however this game is probably the weakest of the series. it is not a bad game but it is just frustrating how good this game could have been. the setting of the game is so interesting and full of mystery and history and as the series is famous for their alternative take on the events of the past this is perfect for the series. however the game gets off to an insanely slow start. unfortunately there is so much going on this world yet you are stuck running from objective to objective to watch another cut scene as the game sets it self up. this didn't throw me off the game but left a rather sour taste in my mouth as the game often continued along this path. The game does a fantastic job in terms of graphics and the world yet falls short on creating interesting characters. Connor has no where near the charisma of ezio and the supporting cast other than the main villain, Charles Lee are all relatively stale. The game also does a great job introducing new mechanics and aspects of the game that refresh the series. The addition of hunting, naval battles and the almanacs as the collectibles rather than feathers all feel fresh and exciting in particular the naval battles which for me are the highlight of the game. AC3 also does a great job sticking to its roots as it adapts. the changes to the combat feel natural and the counters are still as brutal and bloody as ever.

AC3 is an enjoyable game but by no means the best game of the series. If the battles between the red and the blue coats had of been completed on a major scale and the character of connor was more likeable then this game could have been right there with AC2 and brotherhood.
  46. Jul 22, 2013
    The game is horrible. I am so disappointed being a AC1 hardcore fan. I rated AC1 10/10 AC2 9/10 and I am giving AC3 0/10.
    Initially the game felt good. But then I realized that there isn't much to do. Story is boring. Anyway to cut a long story short people that rated 7+ /10 are obviously unfamiliar with AC 1
  47. Jul 21, 2013
    Fantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks that don't hamper the game. People also seem to hate the new protagonist called Connor, for some inexplicable reason. They are obviously stuck in the past with love for Ezio (protagonist from the last THREE games, may I add) that they cant fathom a new hero having a different personality and morals, values, passions. They simply don't understand him. Some people have also been complaining about glitches, even though I only encountered a couple small ones (I.e. floating weapon) throughout the whole game (keep in mind no game is perfect and these are miniscule). All in all, the game left me wanting more of Connor even after I completed the game (which took me 20 hours or so including side missions and collectibles) and I cannot wait to see what Assassins Creed 4 has to offer come October 2013. Expand
  48. Jun 24, 2013
    This game had a lot of hype surrounding it. It was suppose to reinvent the world of Assassin's Creed as we knew it. Did it succeed? Well, sort of.

The game is very interesting, don't get me wrong. However, the primary issue here is a lack of centralization. There are so many things to see and do, but none of them are particularly interesting. The main story is bland (especially the
    story surrounding Desmond), the gameplay can be mundane at times, and the game just doesn't feel as tight as the other entries.
    It's a great game, but it does too much with little focus on any specific aspect.

There are two things that really make this game great:
    1. The sailing segments are awesome, full of intense combat and excellent atmosphere.
    2. The sound-track is amazing, boasting some of the best tunes in the Assassin's Creed franchise.

Give this game a try; it might just click with you. For me, it just wasn't quite as good as the other entries in the series. It is better than Revelations, though. That's for sure.
  49. Jun 18, 2013
    While the game manages to approve from it's predecessor in many cases it also suffers from several framerate issues along with some minor steps backwards including a false protagonist that is rather frustrating to play as for the first two hours of the game and an ending that will disappoint fans immensely. Regardless of these issues Assassin's Creed III goes on to provide players with a fantastic look on the secret hero of the american revolution and many hours of collectibles for good replay value.

50. Jun 7, 2013
    Assassin's creed 3 is not the perfect sequel AC fans have been waiting for, Dose it live up to the hype? No. It has lackluster side missions except the naval missions), a convoluted story overall, and some game play hiccups. What it dos have is some solid voice acting, and fun combat.
  51. Jun 7, 2013
    I scored this game a 5. And I think I am being a little generous in doing so.

The reason I believe that is because this game seemed to have looked at the prior AC games and everything they did (all the improvements made and all the feedback given) and then promptly ignored it all.

The game starts you off as probably the most interesting and fun AC character ever, Haytham Kenway, and
    then at the end of that section of the game hits you with the two by four in the face revelation that shock! Haytham was a templar all along! *facepalm*
    The delivery and telegraphing of that particular fact was seen a mile off, and when it finally game out it was done in such a hamfisted way that I physically rolled my eyes.

You are then shifted onto the Connor sections of the game. And from there the whole thing just rolls downhill until its inevitable car crash at the end.
    Connor's youth VA is stilted, and incredibly fake sounding; and the impetus for his revenge was delivered in as pointless and hamfisted a manner as the Haytham-is-a-templar "revelation" it was eye rollingly bad. And he gets no better as an adult. His adult VA isn't as poor but honestly that is no saving grace as the adult "Connor" is the single dullest most annoying character I have ever seen (and I have sufferred through Adoring Fan in Oblivion).

When Connor isn't being dull, he is being a pointless douchenozzle. And his miraculous involvement in every single major historical event surrounding the independence war period defies belief. It gets to the point of immersion shatteringly bad.
    And then Connor's arc ends, not with having to fight your father Haytham (who was the Grand Master of the Americas Templar Order) but fight "General Lee" his second in command... Which doesn't make sense considering the impetus for the game is to stop his father and the Templars.

The game does do a better job of communicating the type of person that Desmond is. It shows him as rather brave and heroic and he comes off as pretty likeable. And the Desmond sections of the game don't feel as irritating or annoying in this game as they did in prior games; but I am unsure if that is a function of Connor being so dull that even Desmond looks better in comparison I don't know...
    And then we have that pointless car crash of an ending. I mean honestly what was it with 2012 games ending with 3 all having horribly stupid endings? Dear god.

Moving onto gameplay. None of the improvements that Brotherhood and Revelations made to the gameplay seem to have made it into this game. In fact it seems to have gottten worst because the devs seem to be trying to portray Connor along the lines of the Wizard archetype (with all his techie stuff) and over complicated the whole thing and implemented it all incredibly poorly.
    There is literally no point to going onto roofs at all in this game. And combat is a frustrating and irritating slog. The guards seem to be psychic; and the controls seem to be back to being twitchy and overly sensitive as they were in AC1.

The only part of this game I loved (and it seems to be universally loved) is the naval sections of this game. I bet I am not the only person in the world who said "I want a pirate game with these naval mechanics!"
    Evidentally I wasn't because we now have AC4: The Black Flag due out (less than 18 months after AC3 is not a good sign though) which centres the entire game around that mechanic.

This game... Buy it because you want the complete collection. But honestly it isn't worth suffering through.
  52. May 18, 2013
    Sloppy controls, the game will drive you insane when you try to do the stealth missions, you'll have to do them over and over again only because of the game errors. I do not recommend this game.
  53. May 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. (1.) Connor is boring. Ubisoft handled this native american stuff with "too much" respect, therefore connor had no sense of humour and no self irony. b-o-r-i-n-g.
    (2.) Very poor ending in the present. I was playing AC since the beginning, and built up Desmond as i played. The result was a catastrophy.
    (3.) Music is much worse than before. Not very bad, but there was nothing remarkable. Lorne is a good composer, so i do not see how could he do that. His tracks in ACR were mush mush better.
    (4.) Poor side missions. In the previous episodes all side quests had an own story. You protected a scared courtesan or got a letter from Lorenzo Medici. Every assassination mission had it's all detail eg. a guarded target, a target in the crowd etc. In AC3's assassination missions players had to kill 5 completely faceless character without any story background. All targets were alone, and should be killed in the same way. The world was beautiful and very large, but you could do nothing interesting there.
    (5.) Optional objectives should provide a full game experience with challenge, and should not make players s_ck.
    (6.) Useless map: From the first episode it was a trivial rule, that synchronizing all viewpoints reveals the map completely. It was very disappointing that you noticed that you have missed many missions AFTER the end of the game. Did you know that there was Thieves guild in AC3? Or assassination missions in the frontier? Here we are.
    (7.)It is a very good thing to make money in a game, if you know, that you can buy something really valuable from it. In AC3 there was no armor at all, and the best weapon was about 10% better than the worst one. That's not enough to make players earn money. The rewards were often useless (after riding all across the frontier and killing a bear, you got a scarf texture on the wall. Collecting all feathers gives you your original outfit Captain kidd's treasure is an almost invisible ring that is ridiculous.)
    (8.) It was a great idea, that all MP characters had their own story, but it was much better interpreted in ACR or in ACB.
    (9.) It would have been nice if characters (like Aveline) has appeared in the game.
    (10.) Low quality riddles. ACB riddles were awesome, they were solvable, yet it was fun to play them. And there were at least 12 riddle types. The reward was good (a video or a message), and most of them revealed some info about templars in the present or in the past. In AC3 a four year old kid can solve these puzzles. All the three of them.
    (11.) Jumping puzzles: Many of AC fans were fans of Prince of persia. Jumping puzzles were one of the most enjoyable parts of the games. In AC3 they were good, the levels were beautiful but they were too short.
    (12.) An assassin doesn't need bombs, ultimate rope darts or bazookas. It's far enough, if he can use the environment with more options than the enemy. It's true, that Connor could climb trees while his enemies could not, but he could not just jump of them, becaust there were very few well positioned haystacks. And the same problem was in the cities.
    13. How does he know?.. It's very confusing if you don't know if your character knows something or not. A character evolves as his knowledge grows. And the player should be there when it happens. Unfortunately we could not see when Connor has been informed about Haytham, nor when Charles Lee became "evil".
    14. There were tons of bugs. I can bet there was no manual testing at all on consoles, they just ran their automated unit tests and were happy that they are green.

+1.Awful product design. Players had to buy Freedom edition for more than 100 dollars just because i wanted the "exclusive" extra digital content even if they were not interested in Connor's statue. And they had to buy season pass for 40 dollars which contained those extra missions, they had already bought. That's not exclusive, that's pathetic. Ubisoft makes s_ck it's best customers, shame on them.
  54. May 17, 2013
    Firstly I would like to say that Assassin's Creed 3 is an enjoyable game. All the elements that made the previous games so much fun are still present, but, in a similar way to Fallout: New Vegas, AC3 doesn't do much to improve upon the previous game other than a new setting. Having said that, this is good news if you loved the previous game in the series and just wanted more of the same once you'd completed it.

The new, vastly different setting and historical context does give the game a completely different feel and freshens the series. It's cool to experience a very different point in history, especially one that is so much closer to the present day, so much more relevant and set a lot closer to home for many players.

The new setting means there are lots of trees which you can climb, which might sound novel but it's basically just the same thing as climbing a building, except your in the middle of nowhere with no reason to climb the tree...

The naval battles are probably the biggest addition to the series (and were basically the only reason I got the game) but really don't feature that heavily in the storyline. I thought that concept would really get milked but as far as I can tell there is only one point in the game when you get to board another ship which was disappointing as it was a really promising area that was a lot of fun.

The biggest disappointment in this game (and it was a huge disappointment) is the storyline. For most of the story I really had no idea WHY Connor was doing what he was doing, and at many times it seems like he doesn't know either. And to be honest, the game didn't really do anything to make me care. There doesn't seem to be that much of a purpose to him going around assassinating people. Every cut scene tries to add some ambiguity surrounding what's right and wrong, and who the real bad guy is, but just end up confusing everything even more. It's all left very vague. Every twist that the storyline takes just makes it worse and seems to give Connor LESS of a reason to fight. Ultimately, he's only assassinating people because he's the main character in a game called "Assassin's Creed 3".

And the ending... Don't even get me started on the ending... It's the worst ending of any game series I've ever played. It might be the worst ending to any game series ever. Assassin's Creed (not to mention all of the fans) deserved more. This shouldn't really affect your decision to buy the game because it doesn't affect the gameplay but you will be left disappointed. I myself stared at the screen going "...is that it?..." (it's not very long either) and then sat through what must have been 20-30 minutes of credits to see if I was actually only half way through the game.

AC3 is a fun game and if you liked the previous games you'll like this one just as much, but this game isn't reinventing the wheel. There's nothing revolutionary here (ironically).
  55. May 8, 2013
    I really wanted to enjoy this game. But there are very large flaws in it that prevent me from remembering it in a positive light.

It does have good strengths. Colonial America feels vast and suitably unique and fresh in the usual library of swords and armor adventure games. There's always something to do, always something to take a look at and have fun with. And the cities feel very
    interesting and lifelike. In addition, naval combat was surprisingly fun. It felt brilliantly epic to watch and hear a ship get obliterated by a full broadside from my cannons. And the multiplayer was as unique, involving and fun as it was in previous games.

But then the big flaws drag everything down. For a start the game is buggy as hell. This would really break the immersion of the places I was in. Sometimes an NPC would just walk between two charcacters during a cinematic. Not cool. Second was that while Haytham is an interesting character to start off as, making me wait for 6 sequences before the game opened up was not good design. Then there was the Desmond storyline, which was just utterly disappointing.The plot twists get increasingly plain stupid, the Abstergo villain turns out to be a gigantic and I never had any more reasons to start giving a damn about the whole storyline. The eventual fate of Desmond indicates Ubisoft didn't either.

But what really breaks the game is the level design. In every mission it constantly puts secondary objectives, game-over-if-you-are-seen restrictions and boundaries everywhere. There's not even a way to turn off the optional objectives from your screen. And every time you didn't get one of them right the game just loves to remind you of your failure with a big red cross at the end of the mission. This pissed me off to no end because it made me feel as if I was being punished for not playing the game THEIR way. In an open world game, where there are often multiple solutions to a problem, this is just terrible mission design.

I wanted to like it, but in the end, I didn't feel like it was worth the hype. Not by a long shot.
  56. Apr 28, 2013
    This game was a major disappointment.The begging of the game took forever to get to the fighting.Even though the combat is really fun,the game is so boring.
  57. Apr 27, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is a game with so much potential to be an amazing game but littered with problems that prevent it from being a great game. While I did finish the game in its entirety, I felt like I wanted to give up on it multiple times throughout my time with it. However, upon completing it I quickly traded it in and haven't looked back.

While the game doesn't take place in such
    grandiose environments such as ancient Rome and Jerusalem, early America does provide a rather interesting environment for the latest game in the series. Climbing and jumping from tree to tree while you stalk a group of British soldiers and pouncing at the right moment to unless a fury of death by tomahawk was particularly satisfying. I also enjoyed being the counter animations that Connor engages in when attacking multiple enemies and being able to use a single enemy as a human shield while being shot at by a line of muskets. This little details were the highlights of my game experience and kept me wanting to fight every British soldier I could find.

However, this enjoyment was swiftly crushed by the numerous technical glitches I ran into it and severely underdeveloped game elements. One such element, is the hunting aspect that is introduced in the beginning of the game and becomes completely unnecessary and essentially never used again throughout the game. The Homestead missions were also more of a pain to complete rather than an enjoyment. Many of the NPCs are forgettable and I ended up forcing myself to complete this missions for the sake of completion rather than desire. The "trade" system is also underutilized, which allows you to collect crafting materials from the NPCs in the Homestead and use them to create things such as chairs and barrells to sell through a convoy to cities such as Boston and New York. I also couldn't standing the optional objectives in the majority of the missions. Some are understandable such as not being detected when eavesdropping on a conversation. However, others end up completely the destroying the enjoyment of the game such as "not touching anyone" while chasing someone through a street that the game has made more crowded for this particular mission. While these optional objectives aren't necessary to complete the mission, I wanted to complete all of the missions with the highest amount of "sync" which quickly became a fruitless endeavour if I wanted to keep my controller in tact.

One particular feature of the game stands out above almost the rest of the game entirely, which was the naval battles. The naval battles could be a game in itself and I have not experienced anything like it before playing this game. Although, given the fact that this game should be focused on being an assassin, being the captain of ship shouldn't be the best part.

I wanted to like Assassin's Creed 3 and it's not a bad game but it doesn't deserve the perfect scores it has received, especially in comparison to earlier entries to the franchise. I'm looking at you Ezio.
  58. Apr 25, 2013
    Disappointment of the year.

You need to have a level of expectation to get disappointed, so I'm not saying AC3 is terrible...it's just.. very disappointing. I had high hopes for this third installment. Ubisoft had shown a lot of improvement going from 1 to 2 and then to Brotherhood. I didn't get Revelations because I had my fix and was looking forward to a proper sequel. And so there it
    came.

I love the setting. Interesting time period and location after Renaissance Italy. But from booting it up to finishing it has been a slog and a letdown in almost every other regard. The much taunted graphics? I'm not impressed. It looks like Ubisoft wanted to get a head start on next gen development and then had to cram it onto old consoles that couldn't quite run it. It looks really advanced with pretty lighting and highly detailed characters, but the cutbacks to get bearable performance are noticeable. Very aggressive LOD pops all over the scenery, and anti-aliasing is pretty much absent. This isn't accounted for in the artwork which often uses high frequency details that exaggerate the aliasing and often look downright buggy when viewed from anywhere but up close. This all makes the presentation incredibly rough in spite of all the bells and whistles. The shadows are low res and constantly flickering, making parts look buggy even if they aren't. I would much rather have less bells and whistles in return for a bit more spit and polish. So nobody noticed that from certain angles you can view right through Desmond because there is a huge gaping hole in his character model where his backpack is supposed to meet his sweatshirt? A backpack that has a cool dynamic effect when he moves, which also makes his sweatshirt pop through it. There are constant issues like these, and they distract because they look careless. For all the glaring cutbacks, performance can still be terrible and the frame rate can slow down at the weirdest moments.

The sound is better. Orchestral score...check. Decent voice acting...check. The lip syncing and facial animation is pretty good and a step ahead of most games. But the series still loves to have it's characters have long winded conversations that aren't that interesting. The script is decent, but it's not a Rockstar game. It lacks punch and some of the historical characters lack weight, coming of more like unfunny caricatures. Overall, the game still thinks it's smarter than it actually is in it's overarching plot and message.

All of this would forgivable, if the gameplay was good. But it isn't, let's start with the basics: controls, because they dictate the way a game feels. Controls were never the series' strong-point. Your character always had a tendencies to stick to the wrong wall or get stuck on scenery, but the later installments improved on this. AC3 takes a few steps back. The controls are simplified, which is good, but prepare to battle the controls more than you do the enemies in this game. The simplified controls make them easier to take down than ever. Connor can easily take on entire fort full of redcoats without losing too much health (which'll generously regenerate once you step out of combat). But movement is a lot looser, glitchy and unreliable. The walking animation is pretty stupid too, Connor always walks like a bouncer with his arms stretched wide, it looks weird especially going up and down stairs. The horse feels slow and clunky even when going full speed and trekking across the various maps (the game frequently asks this of you) is often a chore. The crappy controls make the stealth parts much harder than they should be, because from a gameplay point of view, there's no challenge there. Simple sneaking and tail the dude who stops to check around at regular intervals. Better hide behind the conveniently placed shack over there!

There is 'a lot' to do in the game. The map quickly fills up with icons. Sadly, most of these represent repetitive and simple tasks: simple pick ups and drop offs and at best a minor skirmish. It's a kind of false variety. The sea missions are fun, if only because it's something new and fresh. They feel like a different game and they are because they were developed by a different team and only added, not really integrated into the game. There just happens to be a drunk pirate that lives on the estate of your Assassin contact who doesn't want anybody (including you) on his estate. Makes sense, no?

That brings me to the most annoying part. The fractured nature of the gameplay. You're constantly being taken in and out of cutscenes, loading screens, in and out of the animus, different characters... The game handles this very inelegantly and as glitchy as the rest. It looks messy. Some times it feels like you're walking from cutscene to cutscene. The weather and time of day may change completely, your character may wear different clothes.

All in all.. it's initially impressive but ultimately such a hollow experience and a giant letdown.
  59. Apr 15, 2013
    Alright, here is my review.

I've been a fan of AC3 forever, I loved all of them including Revelations. I'll start with the story, Ithe desmond story is a which I doubt anyone cares about, no point talking about it. Now, Connor is a great new character- in fact my favorite out of all the AC assassins, he is very realistic and deep character; I was into his story much more then Ezio.
    I'll admit it, Connor's story is one of my favorite stories in recent memory, albeit with some stedfalls.

The gameplay is great, I enjoyed it for fun- it wasn't a challenge whatsoever, but it was still VERY fun. Great game, buy it! 8.5/10
  60. Apr 12, 2013
    When I purchased this game I was promised a lot of things. Some of those things being hunting wild animals, a free roaming area, absorbing story, great character, captivating combat system and fresh ideas on an aging gaming series. But, on every single level it failed. First and foremost I'd just like to say if this is your first time getting an Assassins Creed game, don't bother. The story is so complicated that you will not even comprehend the game unless you've played every single other one before hand. You start off with a British assassin guy, who you don't know. Why is he the way he is? I have no idea, so as confusing as it is, you play on regardless. But the next thing you know you're in Boston, and this is where things start to get rubbish but don't worry, that's only 20 minutes in. Every mission is the same, go here, listen to this guy, go here, talk to this person, fight a few people, next mission. That's about the gist of it all.

Never have I played a game with such clumsy, level design. I had to replay missions over and over and over again to stop it from glitching or something very peculiar happening and ruining all my progress on that level, throw in poor check point placement and you got yourself hours of wasted time. There's one point in the game early on where you have to release captured people and it took me 4 hours and 20 minutes straight to do a small part, which should of took 10 minutes due to poor level design, poor AI, poor movement and poor button layout. Who ever created the button lay out for this game had it completely wrong. You're thrown in to the game with no idea how to do anything, all it tells you is how to run. Next thing you know you're fighting 20 guys at the same time, getting shot and having no idea what to do. Not to mention you don't actually get to play the game until about 10 hours in, that's right. You have around 10 hours of the game which is considered 'build up' and 'tutorial' according to the game producers. And when it finally does let you free, it's a major disappointment. I've played Assassins Creed 1 and 2 which I enjoyed, so it seemed reasonable for me to get this. But honestly, don't waste your money. The only thing I could credit about this game is the originality I feel when I play it, it's a great idea being set in civil war America and you're an Indian assassin trying to get redemption. But that's all I can credit this game on, by far one of the most poorly produced games I've ever played. It had the raw potential to work, but the designers of the game got it terribly wrong. This, gets a 2 out of 10.
  61. Apr 12, 2013
    good character, good story, amazing gameplay these are the thing AC2 did right and AC3 did wrong Connor is the most bland character in the history of videogaming, hell pacman was a more interesting character. I don't hate the AC series but if this is the track bioware stick to I'm not buying black flag. Oh and thank god I can climb trees wanted that for ages!(Nope!)
  62. Apr 6, 2013
    Ezio was my dude. He is the reson i loved the AC's. AC1 was rather boring. 2 BH and revalations was just wow. We realy got a view and feeling from him. Now on to conner. He is young. Its nice but i think we would need more of him to get that bond. I loved this game aswell as all of them. You know what your getting with this. Nothing new here. We see desmonds story. Sorry but I've never played for him. In the end its a good game. Great story and lots and lots of replay. Just as every AC. Expand
  63. Apr 2, 2013
    Best game of the franchise! Ranks straight As in these categories:: Story A+, voice acting A+, gameplay A+, graphics A, Control A+++. Builds on what the Thief, Metal Gear franchises started (stealth genre) and makes it accessible to the masses, with a bang up story to boot. Give it a try. 'Nough said
  64. Ebu
    Mar 27, 2013
    Many people about this game because there hasn't been so much hype for a video game since.. well ever. If there wouldn't have been the hype it had, a lot less people would been disappointed. I on the other hand enjoyed this game maybe even more than AC 2 which was magnificent. Sure it had bugs which lowed my review to 9 instead of 10 (although they have made a patch to prevent major bugs). Also at some points the game was a bit boring probably because of the 'political' parts. To continue the negative parts I have to say without spoiling of course the ending for Desmond is a bit lame. The guy needs a better ending. Connor was a great character as I somehow liked the fact that he almost never smiled and was a bit frustrated at times.. And he had his reasons for the anger. Yet he never stopped trying to get his people's freedom. Favourite assassin for me. What I also enjoyed was the Naval battles. Now that they've announced Assassin's Creed IV with lots of Naval warfare makes me thrilled as it was one of my favourite parts of AC III. Another great new addition was also made and nobody can deny it: tree runs, tree climbing, tree parkour, whatever you want to call it. This felt fresh and intense everytime Connor leaped from branch to branch. in addition the air assassinations and hanging soldiers with the rope dart felt so cool everytime I made them happen. Another addition was hunting. Even adding animals was new to AC. It was brilliant how the animals moved around doing their own things (or just bugging against a tree). Everytime I saw a bear I was ready to hit it with my hidden blade. So to sum up Assassin's Creed III is a wonderful game with a lot of effort put to it (excluding bugs) and a fresh new look. The best Assassin's Creed game in my opinion. Expand
  65. Mar 27, 2013
    Singleplayer 9, multiplayer 9. WOOO! when they said there is alot to do they where not kidding,Gameplay: I picked this up a little late so it has had a few patches. Horses, climbing, running do not fill diffrent to me then any of the other AC games. I am disapointed there is no difficulty level for the on it is on is to easy. I understand the developer belives it takes away from the story, then make a harder dif unlock after finishing the story. Graphics: outstanding but have pushed the limits of XBOX causing lots of ghosting. Sound:love all the characters and thought Connor was a strong charecter well acted. Multiplayer:very addictive and fun but will find yourself poping in and out of session,not sure why. maybe it needs more maps. I have the DLC but have yet to find anyone on those three map servers.which are beautiful maps.(give extra xp for playing those maps, not only will it be fun but would make spending the money on the DLC fill worth it). I highly recommend this game, Rich in History and I belief with the exception of difficulty, one of the best ACs. DID I MENTION THE TASTE WE GET ON THE HIGH SEAS, the best part of the game. Black Flag looks to be amazing. GO NAVY! Expand
  66. Mar 25, 2013
    This is what happens when the second game in your series is incredible. You have nowhere else to go so instead you throw in chair making and lumber delivery. It then takes various parts of Red Dead redmptions hunting aspect and fails at them on every level, integration and execution. these are just two of the few problems plaguing the third entry in the series. No longer do you assassinate people. That entire mechanic has been so castrated that the game is no longer about it. Compounding this is a serious case of the Kojima's. Overly long cinematics interspersed with a little bit of gameplay. From an artistic standpoint, the game falters from blandness. In AC1 and 2, every local was distinct, in had its own life. This new game misses that, everything feels the same, artistically bland.
    On the plus side, even though the game fails to use its setting properly, the controls show definite promise for use in these environments.
  67. Mar 22, 2013
    This game counts as my reintroduction into the Creed world. I played the first but not the second so I was really looking forward to getting back to assassinating some guys. The problem I encounter with this game is in order to have fun you have to deal with TONS of load and TONS of cinematics. Don't get me wrong the quality of the cinematics is not in question, and I enjoyed the story. I just wonder if some of this could have been executed in game play or even exposition during some of the loads. All told this is a beautiful game with nuggets of solid fun. Defiantly worth checking out. Expand
  68. Mar 22, 2013
    Such a heartbreaker! Been a fan of AC since the beginning and have loved the adventure/history blend. Am also a fan of the American Revolution. AC's gameplay has always been stellar... until now. The game is one big glitch. Don't know if I'll buy AC: IV. Yes, it has pirates but this player has been burned.
  69. Mar 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed 3 will leave you with mixed emotions.

Pros The graphics and the combat animations are satisfying to say the least. The naval missions are realistic and will leave you wanting more. Cons Glitches are a big part of the experience. What happens at the end of the game doesn't compensate for the amount of time put into it. Too many times you'll feel aggravated or frustrated with the game.
  70. Mar 17, 2013
    Graphics:9//Gameplay:6//Plot:7//Soundtracks:10
    ------------7.8 good---------
    i am a big fan of AC series,unfortuanatelly this one is not that good.
    the graphics are good ,but so many glitches ,sometimes you have to restart the mission because of that,the secondary objectives are weird and technically hard or impossible to do ,and while you are on the mean mission you will not notice
    that they added a new secondary objective and new parameters,so you will accidantly fail full sync,riding the horse is very bad and mostly glitchey,the building and the history surroundings are not beautiful as in AC2 or AC1,although the woods and hunting is good
    the plot is boring(except for Desmond) ,the battleship is amazing ,but i expected to have more ,not only three missions .alamance: wtf,all i wanted is one ,but i finished the game with 0 ,they are impossible to touch,this is the first time i have this in AC games.also you will walk a lot to get to the mission and you often get lost in the woods,fast travelling is stupid and cannot deliver you to another cities,you have to walk and get 3 loading screens and then walk again!!!!wtf.
    it sill a good game,but it is the begining of the end for AC series imo.
  71. Mar 14, 2013
    There's a departure here from the classic Assassin's Creed format. The graphic are slightly improved, the implausible Sci-fi plot remains, and the combat is great. But this like Brotherhood feels more like an excuse to milk the franchise by acting a period piece that is intriguing than a progression of the overall story. Let's not forget that Desmond is the real main character. Yet I'm left feeling that over the course of 4-5 games, Desmond has made no progress as a character. Nor have his supporting players. The main characters suffer for the sake of an ancestor's story. It's becoming frustrating especially since the end is so near." I just keep wondering how many more games they can squeeze out of this franchise. Finally, as I've noted in multiple reviews before, the ending of a game or movie or any story is crucial to how it is perceived. If the ending is bad, that's the last you'll remember of the game. Not just the story was flawed, but the broken final mission as well. As a result, I was left with a "this is it?" moment that was just annoying. Expand
  72. Mar 7, 2013
    Assassins Creed 3 feels like a remarkable step forward for the AC franchise. The Countryside blooms with greenery and rural pastures. The cities are bustling and there are some remarkable sights to behold, especially in the new naval battles. The combat is much improved, with advanced AI, demanding strategic fighting acumen to fend off. Unfortunately despite the brilliance, AC3 has the bad habit of giving you excellent missions, with grandeur aesthetics and a palpable sense of scale, right before giving you tedious missions where one misstep triggers an instant failure. Connor is also an emotionless bore, really anchoring the sense of attachment which made Ezio so lovable and endearing. Assassins Creed 3 is a great sequel in a franchise filled with great games. But this isn't the AC we expected, for every brilliant mission comes a handful of truly rote and unfair ones. Luckily AC3 at its best provide some of the greatest moments in the franchise. Expand
  73. Mar 5, 2013
    AC3 game was great!! yeah it had some glitches when first released but they have since been patched and the game is as polished as it should have been upon release. But if you look past the faults here and there you will find a Fun and Entertaining Game! Here are the Pros and the Cons:

PROS: 1) There have been advances in this game from past games in the series. For one thing you can
    push (LT or L2) on the Xbox or Ps3 controller respectively and zoom into a much closer over the shoulder view ala gears of war. This adds alot to the immersion believe it or not because it gives you more of an authentic view of the world both in the cities and especieally out in the forest and the whole game can be played like this. Then there is the design of the world itself which has been improved.

2) The design of the world itself has improved. In past AC games the free-running was great but it inevitably ammounted to holding right trigger while pushing up on the stick to run forward and climb things. In AC3 however the world is much less linear in design especially out in the forest where you have to think your way around the environments. It added purpose to the free-running mechanic rather then just holding up you now have to think about free-running which is great

3) The fighting has also been improved with more gunplay, and more offense. You can tear thru your enemies like a true badass and almost seem more like a superhero in this game with the amount of carnage but the fighting is actually more realistic in this game then in past games in my opinion. And everything seems to flow better too they got rid of the awkward space between combos like in AC2-Revelations and made it so you can do a continuous combo. You can also interact with walls and objects in the environment for some really brutal kills. And the variety of weapons in this game is the most varied and also the coolest in the series. (Rope dart like scorpion from Mortal Combat :)

CONS:
    There are glitches and the story is kinda bland. If you just except the fact that its not perfect and just go into it looking to have fun its great, but if you're expecting the most polished experience ever that it is not. also this was supposed to be the culmination of all the past games, they were all leading up to this point especially in the desmond storyline and its like they literally care about it but simply did it cause they had 2. Such a shame but you do get to infiltrate abstergo finally which is cool. The ultimate climax of the game is a joke. Don't take the story too seriously, just enjoy the gameplay which is excillent.

VERDICT:
    All in all AC3 is a great game with a vast open world with plenty to do. and the thing about this game is that its actually fun to play (moreso then past AC games which weren't didn't leave much to do outside the main story). There is much more to do in the world this time around its full of side missions, cool armor to collect and places to explore. Also the Naval aspect which is tacked on but very much fun to play (its actually optional and you dont have to really play it at all if you don't want to). And the great thing about this game is its actually fun gameplay-wise to do all the extra missions this time around. Although there are flaws in many ways this is some of the best stuff Ubisoft has done with the series but it can be forgiven in some ways when you consider they did such a massive game in only a year. I wouldn't really give this game a 10 but it deserves more then it has gotten on here. And even with the glitches its still at the very least an 8.5-9.0
  74. Mar 4, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game, I spent all of 2012 waiting for this game after Revelations. But boy was I in for a letdown from day 1. The first third of the story is basically a glorified cinematic and offers little for character development. Once the story finally starts to pick up I still was waiting for more to happen and by the end I was extremely underwhelmed. The thing that made the past games so great was the character development. I really felt like I cared for Ezio but I do not feel that here. Connor is unlikeable and stubborn and this broke the game more than the numerous glitches that I encountered. I had really high hopes and GOTY thoughts but it proved to be nothing more than that. Expand
  75. Mar 3, 2013
    Admito que AC III evoluiu bastante se comparado com AC Revelations, porém seus personagens não são tão memoráveis quanto os demais. O jogo não possui um vilão principal ou com maior destaque, e isso também vale para os secundários. Connor um personagem forte e habilidoso, mas sua personalidade fraca comparada seus antecessores. Os problemas de comandos são frequentes e irritantes, embora a jogabilidade tenha melhorado. Expand
  76. Mar 2, 2013
    Yes a "0" for a score. I was very upset that the first sceen that I was in battle (Cornfields at the beginning), the guys carrying the chest were stuck behind an outhouse. They couldn't move, and I couldn't continue the quest. Also, the Autosave thing is annoying and I would prefer to save whenever I want. 3rd, try running through Boston and not accidently climb a building... Impossible...
  77. lox
    Mar 1, 2013
    One word: disappointing. Assassin's Creed 3 had so much hype surrounding it, me being one of the millions who gave into it. It looked so promising and judging from the trailers it looked like it had the potential to be the best AC game yet, as well as GOTY. But the game has too many flaws in my opinion. Playing as Haytham Kenway was fun for a little while but then for me it got tiresome and I just couldn't wait to finally play as Connor, whom you don't get to play as until several hours into the game. And even when you do finally play as Connor, you realize after a while that his personality is dull as a wooden plank. The combat system in AC3 when compared to previous AC'S is new and innovative, but it eventually gets repetitive rather quickly. Fighting guards eventually turns into a chore rather than a challenge. Also, the game had almost no climax to it. There was almost nothing at all that was relatively exciting enough to get me hooked to the story or the characters. I felt like the naval missions were utterly unnecessary. And to top things off, the ending of the game was unsatisfactory and a little disappointing. The only pros I can say this game has going for it is its voice acting, graphics, and soundtrack. It has memorable music, great voice actors, and is visually impressive(e.g. the wilderness). Overall, this game did not live up to its hype and certainly didn't exceed my expectations. AC3 was over-hyped and under-delivered. Expand
  78. Mar 1, 2013
    The game started off kinda slow, with lots going on but as soon as you get a grasp and get into the world, you will not regret your decision to play this game. The world is very immersive, providing the players with plenty of ways to get around and tons of things to do. As soon as you become Connor and get your robes, you feel as if nothing can touch you. I have put more than 20 hours into this game and the one thing that never gets old is the combat. From using enemies as meat shields from gun fire to performing gruesome stabs with the hand daggers, this game has it all. This game is truly a high mark in gaming and should be played by everyone who wants to see what the future of gaming is going to. Yes there are a lot of bugs in this game, but most of them are small clipping or glitching issues. The flawless free running, assassinations and combat make up for any issue you may see. Expand
  79. Feb 26, 2013
    la verdad que me gusto bastante.Empiezo hablando de la historia, Me gusto mucho me tuvo atrapado en todo el juego(como en cualquier assassins) con algunos giros en la historia que te deja =O ,pero bue que le vamos a hacer. Una de las mejores historias de toda la saga(para mi),y de paso aprendí un poquito mas sobre la revolución americana.La jugabilidad estuvo bien, con algunos fallos pero esta bien. Gráficamente hermoso, buen juego de sombras lastima por las sombras en los rostros que se ven feas,una ambientación genial ,mucho para explorar ,mapa mas o menos grande. Lo otro que me gusto, pero es algo muy mínimo, es que cuando corres por la nieve corra lento, ese realismo me gusto que en algunos juegos corres igual en cualquier terreno. Lo otro también que esta genial son las batallas navales son unas de las cosas que mas me gusta. Si no fuera por la cantidades de bugs y glitches que trae el juego sería de 10.A y me olvide del sistema de cerraduras de mierda que sigo rabiando que todavía no lo puedo hacer bien, pero eh mejorado e.e (me re fui del tema). En general Assassins creed 3 es un excelente juego a pesar de sus cosas malas, un juego que,mejor dicho, una saga que nadie tiene que dejar pasar por alto si no lo has jugado que estas esperando Expand
  80. Feb 26, 2013
    I don't understand why people think this game is so good the main assassin for the first time is really stupid and he complains about everything even though he is supposed to be a assassin and the bugs and glitches i encountered in this game were so frustrating and it took the fun out of the game
  81. Feb 26, 2013
    One of the most frustrating games I've played. When it works it is brilliant and exhilarating; far too often, though, it feels simply like work. A chore. This is largely due to the fact that most side missions serve no purpose other than time filler (sea missions being the exception and the true high point of the game), and to the variable glitchy, twitchy controls--seems that at key moments the designers decided to slightly alter the control command for no apparent reason, and you end up failing full synchronization. Or in a final boss battle when suddenly you have to learn an entirely new control command scheme to succeed. At any rate, when i finished this game it was with no sense of joy or accomplishment-- just a grim determination to finish something I started. In other words, work. Expand
  82. Feb 16, 2013
    Many had high expectations for this game. All of that slowly withered away for me after playing as the father of the main character for about 2hrs. Then, when we finally get a taste of Connor, we are basically doing more training missions after we just played for a decent amount of time. The story was still AC esque, this means I didn't enjoy it. Stupid twists and pointless missions weren't all too pleasing. Also, the way they advertised the "big war-like battles" was pointless, as we played through about 3 of them, which weren't even long. Although it was overall displeasing I did enjoy how it added new types of missions, enemies and ways of ASSASINATING people. In the end though the new fighting style really pissed me off as it was totally different then the previous 4 games, also the recruits made no sense to me as well as the homestead, I never used them. Finally, I won't say it, but the ending was horrible Expand
  83. Feb 9, 2013
    After huge disapointment AC3 was for me, I've started to read user reviews. All the professional gaming media were so hyped and enchanted by amount of game content that they forgot that all that matters is gameplay. AC is full of great animation, cinematic and collectibles but 70% of the game is walking from cutscene to cutscene and pressing x!! Third installment in the series could have been a revolution but it took a huge step backward and lost most of it's unique identity. Assassinations? You have to wait over 6 hours for first. Free running? Useless, because of the limited architecture and long gaps between buildings. Open world and it's distractors? Present but the game doesn't encourage you to leave main path.

Overall, this game is average despite impressive list of features and content.
  84. Feb 7, 2013
    By far my favourite assassins creed game. The combat is great the visuals also, the new location is defiantly my favourite setting. Connor Kenway is a great new character and his story is awesome. A few bugs here and there but not game breaking. Great game buy it now.
  85. Feb 7, 2013
    This was my first Assassin's Creed game and I absolutely loved it. The time period Ubisoft chose couldn't be any better. The colonial times and the American Revolution are my favorite historical periods in U.S history. The new Assassin, Connor, is a very good character with a sad backstory and you will enjoy playing as him throughout the whole game. The combat is very cool, but doesn't feel as smooth compared to a game like Batman Arkham city, however still manages to be easy to fight and fun to kill oncoming British soldiers. The story is something that people will enjoy and it is pretty cool to see historical figures like Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Samuel Adams, etc. From what I heard, in the previous Assassin's Creed games, there are side-missions that you can do and lets say that you failed the objective, you have to keep doing that side-mission until you get it completed. If what I am hearing is correct, Assassin's Creed 3 doesn't force you to complete the side-mission which is nice for a player like me which has a difficult time completing just a side-mission to leave the mission and try something else. Although there are a lot of good things about Assassin's Creed 3, there is a lot of issues. During the campaign, you will find fairly a lot of graphical glitches. Another problem is the battles are kinda disappointing. Instead of fighting an army of British soldiers one by one, you have to help the colonists help fight the British like shooting cannons at them, and running through rocks while British Soldiers shoot at you. Not what I expected. Last is the character Connor is good, but can be very bland sometimes and you really don't know whats going through his mind half of the time. Looking past these flaws, this game is really good and highly suggest you buy this game. Expand
  86. Feb 7, 2013
    Seriously... I haven't been able to finish this game. It is one of the least entertaining things Ubisoft has spat out lately. Boring, boring, boring... This used to be a sandbox game about stabbing people and climbing interesting buildings. Now it is a game about building villages, chasing pigs, sailing and making some crappy caravans (who the hell created that mechanic??). Cities? Gone. Interesting fight system? Gone. Everything that used to be fun in AC2 and Brotherhood gone. Yeah... The frontier setting looks nice but it gets old pretty quick when every single mission requires you to run to the other end of the map. Not to mention bugs. The one that was VERY annoying for me was that the fighting style didn't change when you switched from tomahawk to dagger. It was hilarious to see Connor HACK his enemies with a dagger in hand. I mean... who the f... let this thing out of QA?

It is quite disappointing to see Ubisoft fall so hard on it's face on this one. This was supposed to be a crown jewel but it FAILS completely to live to it's hype. All the good things from AC2 were wasted and it is very obvious that a different team did this piece of crap.
  87. Feb 5, 2013
    Anyone giving this game a "0" just isn't giving this game any credit. There are plenty of other games out there that deserve the hate. AC3 isn't perfect, but I enjoyed it for what it was. There's a wealth of sources that cite that the game can get glitchy, and while that may be true I never experienced that myself, at least nothing mind-boggling. There's plenty of games that get buggy and while it's annoying if it doesn't deter you from finishing the game, it either means the bugs aren't that bad or the gameplay is engaging enough to keep you playing (i.e. Oblivion, Skyrim). In this case for most I think it's the former. I wasn't as big of a fan of the new engine, although it made things interesting enough to work around and see what new features it implemented. Fighting is more stimulating in the older games, but this one still works.

I read a lot of complaints about the architecture of the old games missing here, but if you knew the premise, what exactly were you expecting? How much in the way of large structures in colonial settlements could there be? The environment in this game is still enormous, and while you're not climbing Renaissance art deco cathedrals (not that 1700 North America would have any) the tree system is interesting, and there's still a ton of climbing to do out in the wilderness. I enjoyed exploring the cities of New York Boston and recognizing some landmarks I've visited in reality. While the US Revolution storyline might not interest people outside of the US (or even in the US), for the purpose of the story it makes the most logical sense seeing as Desmond is American. If it wasn't the Revolution Era it would be the Civil War era. If not that, then perhaps the Spanish-American War era. Point is, it has to end in America.

I'm not much of a multiplayer fan. I'd much rather have a game to complete on my own, and in instances where I'd want to play a multiplayer game I'd rather play with someone I know. But I gave the multiplayer disc a try with a X-Box Live trial and I actually enjoyed it a lot. The multiplayer environments are large and the amount of different modes to try will keep you interested enough to continue playing. I even considered getting an X-Box Live Gold membership to keep playing, so I suppose that speaks to its' quality.

I wasn't thrilled with the ending, but playing these games has taught me not to get so excited over it, because none of them (to me) have been particularly satisfying. To each his own, but I think it was inevitable that the ending would come to what it was. However, I seriously and truly doubt that this will be the last Assassins Creed game. The franchise is too profitable for Ubisoft to just end it. We might not ever be playing as Desmond Miles again, but there will be another character that will take over his role in the Animus. Perhaps they're be a series of games where you play from a Templar's ancestral view. They could make a dozen of these games and I would probably play them all as long as they keep the quality at the level they've presented the series with. I rate this at a 8 for gameplay, visuals, expansive environment, fun multiplayer, and challenge in the last installment (for now) of one of my favorite modern day gaming franchises.
  88. Feb 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I worried AC3 would be bad as soon as I heard the setting was to be Revolutionary America but since I'd enjoyed the whole series I persevered and gave it a try what a mistake. This game is so mind-numbingly poor and, worst of all, boring (the cardinal sin of gaming) that it's actually turned me off gaming. If there were going to be any further AC sequels I'd certainly avoid them and save my money after this travesty. I don't know who at Ubisoft is responsible for this fiasco of a game but if it was down to me I would fire their ass. I have absolutely no idea why people are giving this 10 when it's so obviously poor I hardly know where to start. It's biggest sin is how boring it is I can imagine sailing across the Atlantic in the olden days was a very tedious process but do I want to experience this seemingly in real time in a game? No thanks. Likewise (spoilers ahead) the ending where you track down Charles Lee is literally the most boring sequence I have ever played you're basically mysteriously injured by a rogue piece of wood while chasing Charles Lee (lame!) so you have to spend the next ten or fifteen minutes limping at 1 mph to track him down to a tavern where you don't even get to kill him, it's just a cut scene (I hate that, I might as well just watch a movie!). There's not even a prompt to press a button to execute him...how lazy is that?!! And then just when you thought it couldn't get much more boring you're back to Desmond in the modern day for a super-tedious sequence where you have to explore the underground cavern to unlock some door. If you can keep your eyes open to complete this sequence that's basically the end of the game play because the rest of it is just a cut scene where you're insulted with one of the worst game endings in history. I get the feeling since the game makers had copied Red Dead Redemption so much already they thought they'd also attempt a controversial ending but whereas Red Dead's ending was jaw-dropping strangely moving, AC3's ending is just a complete travesty a joke and practically an insult to the legions of gamers who had invested so much money in the series.

As many people have noted the game is also swamped with bugs and a lot of the animation even in the cut scenes is ropey error-strewn...sometimes the characters mouths don't even move when they talk who the hell signed off on that before the game was released?? The frontier setting is interesting but just reminded me of the far far superior "Red Dead Redemption". The only part I actually enjoyed were the sea battles which were something new and different.

I've never been so disappointed in a game, it felt like a real chore just to finish it (almost like doing homework!) and a game should be the opposite of this, you should not want to put down the controller. For the first time ever I feel like asking for my money back and I'm not that sort of person at all. If you want to save yourself some time or money avoid this game like the plague. If you're a fan of the series, give it a miss and just remember the good times of earlier games in the series back when the settings were just right, the characters interesting and the plot lines intriguing.
  89. Jan 25, 2013
    This game is awesome don't know why all these casual gamers hate it go back to cod if u can't handle it and leave this type of game to the people who have experience
  90. Jan 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. Is this the worst AC to date? Possibly. If you ignore Relevations then yes. This game is so far from everything that made AC fun that it shouldn't even bear the title. Worse is that it is also the buggiest game in the series.

Let's start with the positives: The present timeline is finished up, thankful. I always thought Desmond was stupid and I'm so glad it is over. But, of course, they'll likely just keep sending us to the present in future installments anyway. The other thing that was good was the horrible vehicles don't recur.

Now the bad - Hatham and the first 3 or 4 sequences. They add absolutely nothing to the story and Hatham is almost as bad as Desmond. It would have been enough to assume the lineage was possible and move on.

Tree running is painful. Forget the fact that (unlike every other AC game) most trees you cannot climb. Basically you're running around looking for a tree to climb (or a convenient rock to run up) so you can tree run. It's funny that you can climb building but a tree branch 5' off the ground cannot be used. Even worse is that once you get to the top the leaves are in the way so you don't know where you can leap from without dying. It also seems they have 2 models for trees to sync with because each time I used the exact same tree climbing. The whole naval thing doesn't make sense. A young man suddenly captaining a ship? That's just stupid. I wish they would stick with the fun parts of AC. That brings us to the RTS aspects they keep stuffing into the game. I don't want to micro-manage supplies, builders and caravans. That is dull but I'm forced to in order to make money to buy stuff I need. Attention Ubisoft - if I want to do resource mgmt I'll go to work. They also added QTEs to this game. Unfortunately the timing is off and it happens way too often. Out in the woods, suddenly attacking by a predator, QTE or die. Boring and lame...

It is clear the original designers of the game have left the team because this game is all about RTS and FPS concepts. Stealth is all but impossible outside of rural areas. On a roof? Guards pick you off from the ground. Trying to take a fort? Guards keep respawning and have the ability to pick you off no matter where you hide. If I were a real assassin I would go for combat as a last resort. Yet AC keeps adding more and more combat moves rather than stealth components. Even worse is that there are no so many commands that there aren't enough controls so commands are contextual. I long for the days of stealthy AC. Bring back the original devs Ubisoft. The current team misses the point of what made the original games fun.

The minigames are so unfair they aren't fun but the side quests are at least entertaining. Of course there is some collectibles too but I don't like how you really have to collect everything in order to open up upgrades. The environment and people are dull. I am not at all excited about this poor backdrop for the game. It just doesn't live up to Italy or Jerusalem. It's like they had a small budget so they implemented a minimal set. I hate that this is the final game in the series.

Now the bugs. There are lots of them on even the latest patch. 1) Around and in forts guards respawn almost immediately. Once I killed a guard turned around the other way and turned back and the guard had respawned next to his own dead body. In forts it is a blood bath such that your best bet is to just run to the goals as fast as you can.
    2) Enemies are really, really sensitive. On several occasions a guard with their back to me and me in a tree behind them was suddenly picked off even though I wasn't even moving.
    3) Minigames - The players seem to look too far ahead such that winning is luck more than skill.
    4) QTEs are timed too short. Basically if you don't mash the button when it appears you'll lose. If you lose you'll generally lose a lot of health. Given that predators attack such that you cannot get away, if you lose twice you might as well reload. There are also way too many of them (although that isn't a bug).
    5) In combat you cannot get out because when you switch out of combat mode you'll likely get hit which puts you back into combat mode.
    6) In some cases if you're in combat mode but run away it thinks you're still in combat (even after minutes) and won't allow you to do certain things like air assassinate animals.
    7) On a couple of occasions an assassination target was partially clipped into the scenery making them impossible to assassinate.
    8) Bears and cougars go into an infinite escape loop if a gun goes off. Once I watch a group of bears run in circles for 5 minutes after a gun went off. They ignore everything and everyone. Another time a cougar did the same thing near a guard and the guard just kept walking by them as though they didn't exist.
  91. Jan 24, 2013
    +Awesome Campaign
    +Side Missions
    +Cool Multiplayer
    +Graphics And the art of the game is a masterpiece

-Bugs

Assassin's Creed III is an awesome game
  92. Jan 22, 2013
    Peero que final es ese par una trilogia?¿ en serio?¿ y se han cargado toda la historia desde el AC2, ya q no tiene ensito avisar para salvar la tierra, si luego no haay solucion
  93. Jan 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't believe a game would receive the ratings ACIII did when it was shipped in a fairly un-playable state for most of the launch week. Either the reviewers at the major review sites were completely oblivious to the hundreds of flaws in the game or decided to overlook them in their reviews, both of which are deplorable acts.

In any case, ACIII was a mixed experience for me. I've been playing the series since the beginning. I don't share the disdain for Altair that other have and I loved Ezio to death as a character. Coming into ACIII, I expected a deviation back from Ezio towards an Altair-like character. I wasn't disappointed when Connor met my expectations. However, the degree at which he did was beyond what I could stomach for a decent character. Unlike both of his predecessors, Connor felt like the most abysmal, under-developed, and dry stereotyped character of the series to date. Connor's voice acting was weak, didn't evoke much emotion in me, and felt like the story was being read during a practice session of reader's theater. Connor's story was so tragically constructed that I went back and played more on Haytham than Connor during my second run-through. To that end, it's sad when your main character doesn't attach to the player in ways the antagonist does. I found that to be the single most damaging flaw in the entire narrative.

ACIII's missions were like the previous games. I won't complain about them since I like them. I will complain about the fact that it took me 10-15 times to finish some missions on 100% completion simply because the game engine was so flawed that nothing you did would allow the objectives to be completed correctly. And I won't even begin to mention the terrible quality of the final mission simply because I want that sequence erased from my mind.

ACIII was saved in regards to missions by the ship feature. I admit that I ran through every ship mission as soon as they were unlocked while blaring the "Pirates of the Caribbean" soundtrack. I loved this aspect of the game and hope that Ubisoft iterates on it.

However, ACIII suffered from what a lot of other "AAA" titles have for the past year: cramming far too much unfinished, unpolished, shoddily-coded features alongside the core game. Tree running was fun for the first five minutes, then I realized you could get everywhere faster if you just didn't do it. Horse riding was never the greatest in the AC series, ACIII ruined it past even being considered a viable feature. Lock picking was painfully boring and repetitive compared to other recent games with the feature. I left the building and trading systems alone on my second run-through as I felt they were a gigantic waste of time and developer energy (and I was right). In all, too many un-finished and un-tested features ruined most of the non-storyline experience for me.

My last complaint with the game was the end to Desmond. Like him or hate him, Desmond was a central part of the narrative since AC1. He wasn't as a robust character as I would have hoped for, but ACIII brought out a new perspective on him as you learned more about the world around him and experienced his "awakening" as a modern-day assassin. His death was the single most appalling and maddening experience I've seen in a video game and made me shut down my PS3 and refuse to even play the extended content of the game for a week. I still can't forgive Ubisoft for such a sordid ending to the game and to the Desmond character, so much so that I may forgo any sequels out of sheer spite.

I've loved the AC series, and AC:Revelations set some high expectations for what ACIII would be. I feel Ubisoft trashed those expectations, released a game that was unfit for the market and didn't deserve an "AAA" title classification (not even an "F" classification for the first week).
  94. Jan 18, 2013
    This game had the mechanic to be the best Assassin's Creed ever, but it was the worse in my opinion (considering the release date). Don't understand me bad, I'm a great fan of franchise, I buy it every year and if release a new I will buy it again, but this game gave me a attack of rage that I want give a score of 0 to it.

And why am I so disappointed? The main campaign is excellent,
    full of reverses, it really surprises you. Connor is an amazing character, he is pretty different from Altair and Ezio which gives him a own mark. The great defect of the game are the most weak side missions of ever AC. In AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations we have made missions of ASSASSINS what includes espionage, steal and the most important: assassination. But in AC3 this missions are very rare, there are a lot of farm's missions (for children) that the own Connor says in one of them: "The things I make for this place."
    There are some good missions in the city to recruit new assassins to the order, but they are just acceptable.

There would be no problem in add farm's missions (just to remember: they are for children) to Connor's adventure, but without remove what I learned to love in previous experiences.

And there is more: AC is a game that permits you be free, you can kill the target any way you want, in stealth way or like a barbarian entering in a scandalous fight, but in 3rd edition you is obliged to do a second option, very rare the moments you can make all sneaking (just in forts and missions of main campaign)

This should be an action-adventure game with STEALTH ELEMENTS, but they removed almost all the stealth.

Because this, it was a major deception I have had when the matter is videogame, I hope it change in 2013.
  95. Jan 16, 2013
    This is one of two retail games I looked forward to through out 2012, and the only one I got and played at launch. The story holds your interest up until the end where it slowed to a dull and or aggravating finish both inside the animus and outside it. While the final acts may be really slow, the acts leading up to it are very well made. The new fighting control feels fresh and requires more thought than previous Creed entries to survive. 100%ing this game is tedious. Having to travel to every bar, shop, several side missions yourself is just annoying.

As or the multiplayer it held my interest long enough to get all the achievements but that is about it really. Wolfpack is fun but it gets boring quickly like any other horde mode.
  96. Jan 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am huge fan of this series BUT yes their is a but the one thing i did not like was that i was not in control of the main character from the off I know that they had you play connors father to establish a back story but i think this could have been shortened or done in another way through letters or flashbacks.But apart form this i really enjoy this game and love the ship battles and side missions the main story is good and i like the way they handeled telling the war of independence in it being british i thought they handeled it fairly and the elements with desmond in are very good if few and far between the ending is not bad and i was happy with the choice they made this is a war after all and people die.To end this review a good game to end the current story on Expand
  97. Jan 15, 2013
    I really expected this game to be a lot better than it was, and not in the over hype way, but in the sense that it looked like a solid game and fundamentally it was going to build off of it's predecessors in an exciting setting. Welp, it turns out that in building on it's predecessors it managed to throw every possible pointless side mission into the game without regards for how it fit in. This is really raw analogy but it felt as though someone dipped their game making paintbrush into a bucket of game idea paint, and just splattered it on a canvas. That may sound like a gross exaggeration but if you look at everything besides the story line it really does feel that way. You literally have to do none of the side missions and for the most part the game does a terrible job of informing you on the various systems mechanics. There is crafting and trading, sailing, liberation, hunting, guilds, postal missions, view points, gambling, and a bunch of other stuff, that if you ignored it would make little to no difference on your game it seems. I hate to knock this game because it really did have some cool moments but there were a lot of other points where I was just banging my head and asking "why!?". I'm happy that I finished the game but I really felt like it was a push for me to take interest in this one, especially after having played 2, brotherhood, and revelations within a 3 week period. I think a lot of the time I felt overwhelmed and not in the good exploratory sense, but in the sense that completing this game (story plus extras), just seemed like a task that I had no interest in taking on. To contextualize, in past games I never collected the feathers, but I always bought everything I could and upgraded everything and completed all the side missions. In this game it felt like there was too much that I just felt like the incentive did not exist for me continue playing past the story. It is a shame because I thought this one would surprise me but unfortunately it was a huge let down. Expand
  98. Jan 15, 2013
    This game has a lot of pressure and hype , but i believe it has come out mostly on top. The story and the ending was AAA . The combat was refined just enough to make it the best in the series. Sure the Renaissance was the best era in this series but it had to move forward and i believed that they chose the right era. The only problem is that the game can be glitchy sometimes but that is the only problem with this game . The rest of you haters can shove off because no matter what anyone says Assassins creed is here to stay and no one will forget how this series changed gaming forever. Expand
  99. Jan 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Based upon the Fact that this is their 7th game created in the Assassin's Creed run-through, I can't rate it higher than a 1 out of 10. The graphics are incredible. Unfortunately, I care about gameplay and replay ability. This is NOT a game about assassination at all- it's warfare. This game interested me because it's storyline supposedly climaxed on my birthday last year & I'm a fan of the original Assassin's Creed. Unfortunately (again) this game is too heavily sedated with the "need" for "Synchronization"- essentially grading your performance. More over, the grade is determined by how well you can move through a linear path chosen by the developers. [You'll find this out after you go through the painstaking effort of determining your best course of action, only to fail & be re-spawned in an entirely different location than where you were approaching your objective from] After being enslaved as a child and Forced through indoctrination facilities that determined my actual life course- having a video game grade me is absolutely ridiculous. More Importantly, to achieve the awe inspiring 100% synchronization is seemingly impossible. Even during the complete white out of a blizzard, guards will see you if you're not behind an object or in cover- regardless of your distance from them (i'm referring to an extremely problematic mission I encountered inside of a fort). The amount of guards, Never ending- if you should find yourself in open combat, the only thing you can do is impractically leave that portion of the world. As they're Everywhere & infinitely re-spawn to continue attacking you. Yes it's true, you can still run around & tear posters off of walls to "lower your profile"- but seriously? They stop chasing you because you ripped a poster off of the wall of a building? Aside from that, they did take the time to rebuild the fighting system to the degree that you can stand in the same spot & slaughter 1,000's of NPC's across the course of a few hours without dying.
    For the fact that they bragged their game was going into beta testing 9 months before it's release date- it doesn't appear they did anything more than polish the combat system & the 3D graphics capacity as I've fallen through the level once for every hour I've played so far.
    The economic functions are completely redesigned- so money is a LOT tighter in this game than any of it's predecessors, which is a crying shame due to the element that they added involving naval combat & the magnificently high cost of upgrading a ship. Ubisoft dropped the ball on this one, hardcore style. An Epic fail, as you find yourself AGAIN climbing the exact same tree/church/building to hit that viewpoint- despite distances of actually running for 5 to 10 solid minutes to get to the next one as the levels are so large now.
    As for the fast travel, I wish they'd just left it out of the game altogether. As it took me nearly 3 hours to unlock the ability to fast travel through the "Boston Underground" (where it takes about 8 minutes to run through the streets from one side of the city to the other) ON TOP of understanding that there's some sort of secret down there involving solving a puzzle with pieces scattered throughout the ENTIRETY of the underground level- that no on else on the net has even realized is there, because is such a daunting task to just run through it one time.
    Yes it's cool that you now have the ability to hunt & skin animals, unfortunately- unless you plan on spending more time playing this game than sleeping (over 200 hours) there was no point in adding so much to it. As for online multiplayer, buy the game in the store brand new- or be forced to pay out extra money, this requires the same profiteering passport system the last few games have incorporated- so this is yet another game I've rented and don't even get to play online. DLC- Yes, pay more money to acquire more parts to the game or never get all of the achievements (just as they started so many years ago in AC 2)

It's unfortunate that this game has fallen so far, considering their main plotline (Just in case no one has noticed yet) is actually Historically Significant to the entirety of our species. The Templars=Servants of the Royal Red Dragon Bloodline as The Assassin's=Countless groups that have been stomped into the ground, across the past 5,000 years of civilization after civilization of mankind being internally ripped to pieces & burned to the ground for the purposes of enslaving men for profit & power. With the exception of the sole factor that here in reality, those that still to this day serve the Royal Red Dragon Bloodline practice rituals to cast out light & harmony in the name of ushering in malevolence through slaughter & have been caught doing such. Welcome to reality, where the defining feature of Assassin's Creed is the Creed itself- As in the world we live in, the only people not killing to get ahead are those that don't understand the world at all.
  100. Jan 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed 3 is an above average game with some strong aspects. Unlike many of the reviews I've read on this game I happen to think the story line is quite good. There has been a lot of criticism over the story as many people believe it does not present a coherent image of the assassin's order or really develop the story line. However I felt that the game producers were aware that the time period they were focusing on was a story in itself and therefore allowed Connor (the assassin you play as) to obviously be the main focus whilst also allowing us the player to really immerse ourselves in the time period we're playing in. I for one loved the spin Ubisoft put on the Boston Massacre and was equally excited at dodging Redcoat bullets at bunker hill!! So in terms of story line I actually quite enjoyed most of it, although I do agree the finale was a bit dry.

In terms of gameplay the main story line was brilliant. A large variety of missions to accomplish, a good set of sometimes challenging optional challenges and and intuitive control system allowed me to really enjoy the game. I will say that other reviewers aren't wrong when they say parts of the game can be very monotonous and at times aggravating.

Now I must explain why I gave the game a rating of 7 when it should be a 9 in my personal opinion. The game is absoultely drowning in glitches!! Some of these are, as mentioned, fairly harmless and can be forgiven for the moment of comedy they provide. However some, are so agonisingly annoying that I was on the verge of writing to Ubisoft and having a right old British moan! For me what really pushed me to this point was a certain information gathering mission conducted on the homestead (stupid Encyclopedia). I was determined to get 100% synchronisation on this latest Assassin's Creed so I reluctantly plodded over to the homestead citizens and started to compile information about their amazingly dull lives! Nearing completion I gritted my teeth and got on with it only to be metaphorically kicked in the privates by a stupendously annoying Dr. White who simply refuses to do anything but two tasks in his entire day. I have researched this massively and there have been many problems with this and to reduce the likelihood of bad reviews from fellow players, yes I have been extremely patient with him. Anyway, I apologise for the end of that review turning into a rant but silly Ubisoft! You've ruined the entire game for me by making the worst mission on the game the most glitchy. Argh!

So yes, 7/10!
  101. Jan 24, 2013

1. Dec 5, 2012
    At least the petty indignities of the multiplayer are optional and situated around gameplay that's solid and unique, if frustratingly stagnant. In the single-player campaign, however, it's impossible to escape the ham-fisted manipulations of the Assassin's Creed III development team.
    Assassin's Creed III is a pretty damn fine game. It loses none of what makes the series fun with the translation to another time and continent, and creates a whole new set of experiences which define the franchise. The biggest issue, if there is one, are the small technical issues, but these niggling technical issues only seem worse because everything else is such a great experience.
    Like any game of such scope, not every part of it is perfect. Yet, taken as a whole, there is very little that can compete with its wonderful, lavish, historical playground. [Issue#91, p.22]