6.6

1. Jan 1, 2014
    I personally love the game. There isn't much to complain about. It is greatly entertaining and gives you tons of fun missions to do like saving pirates, finding treasure, saving pirates to expand your crew, and even when sailing the open water which people thought would be the boring part there is plenty to do. I've barely done any of the main mission because there are so many sideI personally love the game. There isn't much to complain about. It is greatly entertaining and gives you tons of fun missions to do like saving pirates, finding treasure, saving pirates to expand your crew, and even when sailing the open water which people thought would be the boring part there is plenty to do. I've barely done any of the main mission because there are so many side missions. There is also the usual kick ass combos and animations in battle that are always great. All in all nothing to complain about. Expand
  2. Apr 26, 2014
    This DLC is horribly bad and is a far cry from the base game. Let's start with the large # of bugs in the DLC which is strange since these didn't appear in the base game. On more than one occasion I would use a stalking zone or other hidden area to kill a solo guard. When I say solo I mean there were no guards around anywhere. Immediately after the guard falls 3 or 4 guards spawn inThis DLC is horribly bad and is a far cry from the base game. Let's start with the large # of bugs in the DLC which is strange since these didn't appear in the base game. On more than one occasion I would use a stalking zone or other hidden area to kill a solo guard. When I say solo I mean there were no guards around anywhere. Immediately after the guard falls 3 or 4 guards spawn in right on top of them and start attacking me. This happened a lot early on but less frequently in later missions.

Yet another issue is the guard sensitivity. Even in town where you can freely walk around 9 times out of 10 guards either become suspicious or simply become hostile. I don't mean the jailers either, I mean the regular guards. It is even worse during missions. And it doesn't matter whether it was a red zone or not. Once a guard does become suspicious you basically have to run completely across town otherwise they will refuse to lose their status. This makes the missions requiring stealth frustrating.

Yet another bug is mission 6 which everyone is complaining about. I completed the mission without killing anyone and yet it didn't complete the objective. I ended up having to play it again. To make matters worse I had already restarted the mission 3 times because of the auto-attack bug. In this particular mission I completed 3 of the 5 tasks and received notice to return back to the quest giver. On my way back I died. The completed tasks reset to 2 but it still said I needed to return to the quest giver.

The new firecracker weapon is useless and adds no value as does the blunderbuss. The areas are small with most being a beach with a chest on them. In several areas it shows chests/secrets available but they aren't visible on the map even after synchronizing.

The ship you inherit is quickly upgradeable but nowhere near as powerful as the base game. The naval battles seem to be mostly one-sided with hunters being really common. Overall it looks like the naval stuff was just a checkbox feature rather than having any real thought put into them.

Overall the DLC had a potentially interesting story but the bugs and poor gameplay elements make this DLC not worth the money at all. It certainly doesn't live up to BF at all. It is more along what I'd expect from AC3.
  3. Feb 24, 2014
    This is one of the best games ive ever played. A huge game. The story syncs are not great (as i dont like the hiding from enemys) but the amount of detail and side activities are outstanding. The detail and graphics are superb. The Multiplayer lets this game down along with the £15.99 add on pack which is needed for the 100% completion. This aside, the game is still good enough to recieveThis is one of the best games ive ever played. A huge game. The story syncs are not great (as i dont like the hiding from enemys) but the amount of detail and side activities are outstanding. The detail and graphics are superb. The Multiplayer lets this game down along with the £15.99 add on pack which is needed for the 100% completion. This aside, the game is still good enough to recieve a 9/10. Perfect if you dont play online. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    May 11, 2014
    It's a shame Freedom Cry doesn't make full use of it's setting, since it is something that's way too little explored in gaming, or other types of media. Degrading the fates of the slaves to mere currency for equipment upgrades is a missed opportunity in video game story telling. [Feb 2014]
  2. Jan 10, 2014
    In terms of size and scope, Freedom Cry is paltry compared to the main adventure of Black Flag. But its story is easily the most powerful, poignant tale we’ve seen from the Assassin’s Creed universe, and that alone makes this story DLC worth checking out.
  3. Jan 9, 2014
    For a story about breaking the chains of your fellow men, this add-on's gameplay mechanics remain resolutely locked up to the Assassin's Creed framework. Its strong, self-contained narrative is Freedom Cry's greatest asset, but the tale struggles under the weight of its over-familiar gameplay.