7.1

1. Nov 15, 2011
    "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not a great game; it's rather disappointing. The story has improved very much, and I won't say anything but it's really immersive and profound. BUT. The gameplay, voice acting and all those important stuff did not change a bit. It's the same controls, same assassination methods, same counter attacks and the same voice. It's fine for the obssessive AC fans, but really? I'm kinda tired of doing this **** all over again. Don't get me wrong; it's a good game for the AC newbies, but guys who played all 3 AC games, it's decent. Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    The game itself is awesome, yes it has used the same engine and is more of the same but the engrossing storyline and new additions make it fresh enough for me to give it a ten....Thanks Ubisoft keep the creed games coming :)
  3. Nov 23, 2011
    This review is for the campaign only.

This is not a sequel in any sense of the word except for the fact that it somewhat furthers the story. Sadly, not much is really solved, and the game is very tedious. The mechanics to maintain "dens" are very annoying after the first handful of times because of how long it takes to get these dens secured by your own assassins. There's also a
    metagame in which you fight for control over the Mediterranean by sending your assassins off to complete missions and capture cities. Again, templars can retake anything you take, so expect to find yourself needing to stop the main quest repeatedly to take care of your fellow assassins and your duty as peacekeeper of the Mediterranean.

Not much new is introduced. Bombs are very fun, but you'll likely end up just using the weaponry from Brotherhood. The enhanced climbing is nice, but it feels less solid than Brotherhood and AC2. I have found myself getting quite frustrated at Ezio jumping away from structures when I was very clearly pushing up on the joystick. Honestly, I can't think of anything else that is new. Oh, ziplines from building to building. In my opinion, the metagames have become more annoying and intrusive, and the new additions are not enough to outweigh how heavily this game feels like Brotherhood. I found Brotherhood to be a worthy sequel to AC2. It introduced much more to the series.

I am giving this game a 4/10 as a sequel, and 9/10 as an expansion pack. I really cannot justify $60 for this game, though. Brotherhood, yes; a small expansion pack for Brotherhood, no. I have not played the multiplayer, but from what I have seen it appears very similar to Brotherhood with a few new modes.

Rent this one if you want. Otherwise, just read up on the story. Ah well, maybe the next installment will be better.
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    Copy and paste from the previous titles, unoriginal in content and story. Same missions all built around you flipping and jumping off of stuff. Save your money and just buy one of the older titles used for half the price....its basically the same game.
  5. Nov 15, 2011
    If you, like me, loved the past three games, you will think this game as amazing. Assassins creed Revelations answers many questions and keeps up the plot that wants to make you keep playing. Yes there a some annoying missions (such as the annoying version of tower defense) but if you can past that, AC revelations is a great game.
  6. Nov 16, 2011
    This game was alright. Hooks were a great addition, but the bombs were whatever. This game was repeating the last game but having new maps and adventures are still fun.
  7. Nov 15, 2011
    This seems funny. AC:R is said to have tweaks and added gameplay changes yet it gets 79. It has improved muiltplayer and best yet an IMPROVED STORY. And yet it gets a 79! The reason why this is so odd is because of this. MW3 has an 89 despite the fact that it only made a couple suddle changes and still has a crappy solo mode. What do critics say? "If it ain't broke don't fix it!" Uncharted 3 gets a 92 even though it's the EXACT SAME GAME!
    NO GAMEPLAY CHANGES STORY WISE!
    Just MULTIPLAYER.
    Batman AC.
    It's just bigger but it has the SAME GAMEPLAY
    And yet AC:R is getting criticized while these other games run away Scott-free.
    What the f*ck game critics?
    This seems suspiciously biased against the AC franchise.
  8. Nov 18, 2011
    The game sticks to the same formula we've seen since AC2, but it adds new things, such as Templar Dens/Den Defense and bomb making, that are just odd choices and feel extremely out of place in the Assassin's Creed universe. Den Defense is a weird tower defense mini game that is hampered by awkward camera angles and a severe lack of any kind of feedback. Templar Dens are a mess simply because of the damn Coward Captains that will flee the second someone so much as coughs, making killing them unnecessarily difficult. Oh, and the notoriety system is all screwed up, you gain notoriety for buying shops and purchasing things from them. Why was that needed? Revelations is what you get when a big dev gets a little too comfortable raking in cash from a franchise year after year. It's not horrible, but just about every new addition hurts the game, and really makes it feel like a chore to play. Expand
  9. Nov 15, 2011
    Best Assassin's Creed to date!! The Desmond Sections and The Den Defense gameplay system needs .. work! They are NOT revolutionary additions to the series. But apart from this, it's a stellar title!! Storytelling, Cinematics, Music, Script and Ending is Marvelous. A Damn fine sendoff to Altair and Ezio. Ending is very emotionally satisfying and makes you eagerly wait for the next installment. The game plays just like Brotherhood. What really stands out is the storytelling. Stories of Ezio, Altiar and Desmond are really well tied together. Only Ubisoft could pull off something like this. A Must-Play for Assassin's Creed Fans! .. Newcomers should not play this until and unless they play the first 3 games. Expand
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is one of the best assassin's creed games to grace the xbox 360 or any other platform.it has fluid visuals and is superbly crafted. a piece of art
  11. Nov 16, 2011
    Since this game is an annual release, I judge it on a different basis. Releasing a game each year is a daunting task, and to do it 4 years in a row (game is confirmed for next year) and with a production coming from 6 studios worldwide, this game is certainly impressive. Where it fails, much like all yearly releases, is innovation. This game offers nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics. Tower defense? We've seen that a million times before, and executed better. The hook blade? In terms of combat it offers some flashy, yet shallow moves, and in terms of transportation, zip-lines aren't exactly revolutionary either(The saboteur comes to mind, and that game rocks). Bomb crafting, seriously? Touting grenades as new and innovative? Give me a break.

I'm not saying I need something as mind blowing as the original, but something at least as cool as calling in fellow assassins from brotherhood would suffice(although that level up minigame was a time wasting pain) Multiplayer still feels wrong, it's all guesswork and random one hit kills from random characters shanking you, but I still think it has potential for a future game with a development time beyond one year.

It's hard to say this is a rental, because the game will last you a good 12-18 hours, but it's hard to recommend it as a purchase, because you are paying 60$ for what honestly feels like one giant expansion pack. I heard there are going to be black friday deals at best buy and other places for this game new for 35$ which I would suggest getting it then.
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    In response to MusicJJJ: Yes, I agree that AC2 and AC:B are essentially the same game as AC:R. However, in my case, those two games are two of my favourite games of the last years and I am perfectly happy playing through the same game again with the minor tweaks and add-ons the game includes.

The hook blade does add a nice little bit of polish to the game play, and the combat system,
    always a weakness in the previous installment, now seems very well-thought out and mature to me. The voice acting is great in my opinion - The characters, particularly Ezio, portray depth, feeling and a cheeky sense of humour that generally runs through the game.

The one point to detract from it is the new tower defence feature, which is very basic and time-consuming, although luckily their not obligatory. On this basis only I'll deduct one point from my score.

Very happy with the game - it is exactly what I expected it to be.
  13. Nov 15, 2011
    I am very curious as to why this game only got a 79. I know metacritic is a bit hard on their ratings, but I don't really understand this one. They complain about the game beings the same mechanics and stuff as the other ones, but isn't that how most games work? Look at other games, such as Modern Warfare (since it is relevant today). They have the exact same gameplay and multiplayer, aside from a few killsteaks, and get in the mid to upper 80s and 90s. So why do you hate this, when it does the same.

Not to mention the multiplayer. I've only played a few matches, but I can already tell it is a lot better than Brotherhood's and I was having a blast with it.

The only reason I am giving this title a nine instead of a ten is because of the tower defense game and the desmond fiasco. Maybe others like it, but it got really old really fast.

All in all, I look forward to future games in the series and highly enjoyed this game.
  14. Nov 17, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Revelations doesn't especially make good on its name, unless the titular revelations are that a) this game makes heavy use of escort quests, b) employs the fewest Templar dens, and c) has a mechanic whereby you will lose control of your retaken dens and then have to play the worst tower defense game imaginable to reclaim them. Oh, and often during those battles you will encounter a cowardly den captain who'll sense you and hide for an in-game day. Not fun. Buying up property, like always, is a blast - after overcoming the aforementioned hurdle of unlocking the ability to buy property by raiding dens and besting cowardly captains. There are some truly out-of-place Desmond segments, but they serve to flesh out the character wonderfully. The multiplayer is so tiresome and slow it doesn't bear mentioning. Ultimately, this game is worse than Brotherhood in flow, plot, and game design, but if you've been following the plot the past few years, you could do worse. Expand
  15. Nov 15, 2011
    Assassins Creed Revelation is without a doubt the best Assassins Creed game made. It has everything u could possibly need in a action, stealth game. If u are a fan of assassins creed series then this is a must have if u want to continue through the story and the thriller Gameplay
  16. Nov 15, 2011
    Grandioso juego con muchas posibilidades de rejugabilidad, muy buen multijugador que innova en muchos aspectos, y una historia muy interesante con un protagonista de bastante carisma, gráficamente no hay gran diferencia pero esta espectacularmente recreada la ciudad de constantinopla en general un juego obligatorio para tener.
  17. Nov 16, 2011
    assassins creed revelations is best game in paltfromer and third pirson It has everything u could possibly need in a action, stealth game. If u are a fan of assassins creed series then this is a must have if u want to continue through the story and the thriller Gameplay
  18. Nov 16, 2011
    ubisoft needs to stop make this game, period, its to damn redundant, and they need to stop pushing back games that are actually good, like rainbow six and ghost recon, ghost recon has been pushed back, going on six years, and rainbow going six years when 2013 hits because that is the year when the new one comes out, it pisses me off how ubisoft do not prioritized when comes down to what game should come first before another one. Expand
  19. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the worst Assassin's Creed ever made. It just spoil all the previous games because they made too many terrible changes to this game.

The best thing about this game are the soundtrack (wich is physically missing on the collector's edition) and the multiplayer mode improvements.

About the story, nothing relevant is revealed in this game, so, if you are looking for answers you're
    not going to find any, indeed there's some big plot holes that I doubt they will be answered in future games.

Also, there's a big downgrade in some design aspects of the game, the most notorious is the NEW Desmond face that ruined his part of game experience. (Ubisoft said that is because of an "upgraded" facial recognition technology, but don't make laugh, he looks like a surgery went wrong...) He is not Desmond anymore.
    Also, some parts of the city, multiplayer characters as well Ezio costumes are awfully designed.

I hope they can recover the quality of the previous ones for the next and last AC.
  20. Feb 5, 2012
    More of the same is not always a bad thing, especially when the "same" was good to begin with. The real problem with "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not its similarities to its predecessors - no, the core mechanics are still fun, and the plot feels more resolved than ever by Ezio's final mission. The real problem? Unnecessary additions. As this series has continued, they've tacked on more and more utterly useless pieces, from the pointless leveling of your support assassins in "Brotherhood" to the abominably irritating "den defense" sections in this game. Even the "hookblade," extending ezio's reach, only makes you feel sluggish when you can't find a zipline in the painfully small Constantinople. Don't get me wrong, the core mechanics are fine, even if the fighting is still uninspired block-counter-rinse-repeat. But the core mechanics are what should be built upon in a sequel, not tacking on more stuff. Assassin's Creed 2 was a great game, with a little bit too much padding in its side missions. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was still an okay game, but with much more padding even if the multiplayer was good. Assassin's Creed Revelations is so padded, it's hard to see the good game underneath. Which is a shame. I actually enjoyed the plot in this much more than "Brotherhood," but it's buried under a pointless quest involving local politics. And dull bomb crafting. And den defense. And those useless other assassin's I'm supposed to micromanage. Here's hoping in AC 3 they try a "less is more" approach. Expand
  21. Aug 7, 2012
    The game had a few new aspects that made it an enjoyable experience, the story still being very well made and all, but being the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed series, it sort of felt a little repetitive, the gameplay and voice acting did not change very much since the first.
  22. Nov 15, 2011
    This is the best AC EVER, and the game can not be punished for is similar to its predecessors, because Uncharted and Call of Duty are too. Again UBI give to us a vacation on distant worlds, beautiful worlds, and Ezio is amazing in his final journey, I will missi him so much, but now I wanna AC3.
  23. Nov 15, 2011
    This game absolutely destroys in the current market. I don't buy the argument "It's the same as the other assassin's creeds." I'm sorry, I just don't. Assassins Creed Brotherhood released last year with a ton of new features that just added to the amazingness of the franchise. Revelations has released and it has added so many new features that just blow all of its competition out of the water. Please buy this game, you won't regret it. Expand
  24. Nov 15, 2011
    Probably my favorite assassins creed of all time, amazing story and great multiplayer. The controls and the game play is pretty similar to the ones in the previous games, but I don´t see that as a bad thing necessary. The story is by my opinion the best one yet and the multiplayer has several new features that will keep you busy for hours. If you liked the other assassins creed games this is a must have. Expand
  25. Nov 16, 2011
    Its no doubt 'Quite' a good game,but the trouble is we've seen this all before,SO many times now..It suffers from what i call CODitus.A perfectly compotent game,but has gotten old by releasing near enough the same game every year.Makes me realise what the phrase 'Familiarity breeds contempt' means.
  26. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is excellent. The story has far improved from brotherhood. Only problem is they have not changed to movement and combat really at all except for the hook blade. Hope they do a lot more for the next assassin trilogy.
  27. Nov 16, 2011
    ACR is easily better than Brotherhood, it fixes glitches, improves graphics, varies gameplay, and thus far, the story seems more important to the overall arc. Now, does a game that adds minor improvements to previous great games (in this case, AC2) mean the game is better, worse, or is it on equal footing? Nonetheless, despite not making the leaps AC2 made, it's pretty great. Unlike some of my contemporaries, I enjoy the tower defense. Expand
  28. Nov 17, 2011
    The game adds some new and interesting features to the single and multiplayer sections of the game. The game does play almost identical to the past games but it is something that is unique to this franchise. Making advanced changes in the gameplay could create a different feel to the game, which isn't always a good thing. Although the engine feels the same, graphically there are some improvements. Not much, but they are there. Multiplayer is a great experience which allows for a different style of competitive online games. There are multiple new game modes which allows for players to play their style. The game is a great and immersive game that expands the story of the other games. Although there isn't anything that really separates this game from the others, it is a welcome addition to an already great franchise. Expand
  29. Feb 5, 2012
    Decent game, not worth $60 though.
    Everything seems familiar, and feels rushed.
    I felt like they were trying to end Ezio's story way to fast, and rushed the game and ended up creating a bad game.
    Everything is nearly the same from previous, but Assassins Creed has been one of my favorite series, but this one disappointed me in many ways. Like adding that new mode to defend your dens, that
    was unneeded, just a waste of time.
    If this is going to be your first Assassins Creed, then don't buy it, you will be confused if you haven't played previous ones.
    I love the Assassins Creed series, I love it's combat even if it's really easy, there is just something about it that makes it SO enjoyable to see your enemy die that way.
    I am going to give Assassins Creed another chance, and buy their next game, but they better not disappoint me again, and I am sure many others agree the same way.
  30. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed Revelation is Fantastic in the way Ubisoft want to do it. But , yet there are some negative impression of games first one is plot ... which can be bit confusing in starting,the game play doesn't contain anything new much. As its already clear by making a quick dirty sequel so fast. But overall navigation,Fighting and Especially HOOKBALDE!! is charming. In whole , you will not understand what is happening but you can understand how its happening . It is a nice successor but , i was expecting more . Better luck next time Ubisoft ;) Expand
  31. Nov 15, 2011
    Ah.... It's like being reunited with an old friend. The things I loved are back, and there are just enough new things to keep me coming back for more. The game doesn't really change much from its predecessor on multiplayer, but the story is just as compelling as it ever was. If your are a loyal fan to the series, you must play this game.
  32. Nov 2, 2012
    This is more of a story game. You only stay in Constantinople (kind of like Rome in Brotherhood) and there are little to no side quests. Constantinople's skyline in somewhat interesting, with the bazaar and palaces, but you can't really shake the feeling that it seems the same across the map. the hookblade is fun to use (zip-lines! wewt) and the bombs make for an interesting experience. the story was pretty interesting if you're wondering what is happening with Ezio and you will not understand the beginning of AC3 without it. The Altiar were disappointing, being only one sequence long each. the multiplayer is pretty fun, putting away the "target compass" from brotherhood and requiring you to pay attention to your surroundings. Overall, this game only exists for the story, and once you finish it, you really just end up putting it down Expand
  33. Nov 17, 2011
    Bigger, better looking, better functionality with more moves and modes than ever before makes this game the best entry in the AC franchise yet! A must have for fans of the series, definitely not a let down!
  34. Nov 18, 2011
    Best Assassins game yet, cant stop playing :) The story, the environment and the characters are awsome! And the MP has improved alot as well, mindblwong!
  35. Nov 19, 2011
    Everything was grand until I came to Desmond's memory things. Nothing could have broken the flow of that game like those. They're actually painful to play and game would have been a solid 9 without them. It just ruins the immersion of the game.
  36. Nov 22, 2011
    Ubisoft decided to pull an Activison and rehash their strongest franchise on a yearly basis.
    Unlike CoD, however, that mainly thrives from its MP this concept is not working out for the SP focused AC series.
    What Ubisoft is putting out with AC:R could be considered an expansion pack at best. Maybe they should have taken a lesson from Bethesda and Rockstar who were very successful with DLC
    addons for GTA IV and Fallout 3 because that is essentially what you are getting with AC:R, more content for AC2. Expand
  37. Dec 11, 2011
    Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The game begins with stunningly harmonic soundtrack and throughout the game continues to deliver the breath-taking graphics and audio that I seek in a game. Love it. I hope Ubisoft releases more games the Assassin's Creed series in the future. They've crafted an epic series.
  38. Dec 27, 2011
    I played this game right after my second playthrough of AC II. I have to say, this game took the maturity of the Assassin's Creed franchise and transformed it into an adolescent action/adventure American piece of garbage. How come the director of Far Cry 2, which is a mediocre FPS and Tennis Masters series took the position of directing one of the biggest and best franchises in the videogame industry is still a mystery to me. Also before I finish my review, for anyone that knows mediterranean history, this game has some serious flaws in presenting what exactly the Ottomans/Turks were and most importantly, how civilized they were. I also find it funny that in Italy of Renaissance the guards didn't have any weapons but at the same time in Turkey, which was in the middle ages at that time, they had found rifles! In the end, one thing I learned from the Assassin's Creed series is: Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. And I use my critical thinking in everything. Thank you Ubisoft for teaching me how to do it. :P Here's looking forward to the next series by Patrice DÃ Expand
  39. Nov 17, 2011
    The moment I started the story I was overwhelmed. So much love for the AC series. This installment wraps up the past two games. I could understand how some would feel certain repetitive features are becoming old but this game brings a lot of new aspects to the table. Very exciting. Sort of shaky on the whole mini-game aspect but it's not enough to take away from the whole experience.
  40. Nov 20, 2011
    Another year, another Assassin's Creed game. For most people, this connotation brings up thoughts of Call of Duty and lack of innovation. However each Assassin's Creed has found small ways to reinvent itself in each installment and while the newest, Revelations, may not be a perfect game, it is arguably the best in the series so far.

The game sees the main protagonist from the past two,
    Ezio Auditore return for his final adventure; however, he is not alone. The game also sees Altair, the legendary assassin from the first adventure, return to action. The story begins with Ezio returning to Masyaf, the long abandoned home of the assassin brotherhood, to discover the secrets of Altair's library and discover his place among the centuries old conflict between the brotherhood and the Knights Templar (all this is illustrated in the announcement trailer). He finds the old castle overrun by a Templar expedition and after much fighting finds that Altair's library is sealed by a solid stone door, and only by retrieving the five Masyaf keys can he open the door and reveal it's secrets. The five keys have been taken by Marco Polo's son to Constantinople, and unfortunately the Templars have already discovered the location of the first. From here, Ezio travels to Constantinople and the main story is split into two halves. The first involves obviously, Ezio recovering the Masyaf keys that Niccolo Polo has hidden using clues in books from throughout the city. The second involves the political turmoil involving the selection of Constantinople's new king. Story wise, Ubisoft has done a much better job telling a story in this game than past games. However while the story does have many highs, such as Ezio's love story and some of his regrets, there are a few letdowns. While it is a great nostalgia trip to play as Altair I felt as if his parts were very underwhelming, as was the giant "revelation" at the end of the game (I will not spoil anything).

If you played Assassin's Creed II or Brotherhood, the game play will feel incredibly similar to you. You'll tail certain individuals to gain information, hunt through tombs for treasure, and of course, assassinate. The controls of the game have been improved on, and the parkour elements feel better than ever. However, unfortunately the combat remains mostly the same and unfortunately far too simple. Ubisoft has tried to mix it up by adding different types of enemies (for example, some types cannot be grabbed while others may always dodge your basic attacks), but in the end you will still wait for someone to attack you so you can counter-kill them, and then use your kill streak to immediately kill any enemies around you. There are two new weapons/items in the game that are definitely worth mentioning. The first is the hookblade, which now replaces one of your assassin's blades. The hookblade has many uses, such as making climbing much easier and grappling on ziplines to navigate Constantinople faster. This hookblade is a great addition, and makes the parkour feel much smoother. The other big addition is bombs, which Ubisoft really tries to push in the game. You can craft three separate types of bombs: lethal, tactical, and diversion; Lethal are bombs used to harm/kill enemies, tactical give you an advantage such as smoke bombs, and diversion help lure enemies away such as cherry bombs (make a loud noise). While these bombs are a good idea and addition, I found myself not using them that often as they're not necessarily needed to accomplish missions. The one major negative about the single player is "den defense". In Constantinople there are seven districts in the city, and each has a "den" located it in. In order to be able to renovate these districts, the Assassins need to control the den in the district (similar to destroying the Borgia towers in Brotherhood). To take over a den, you must first kill the captain of the den (wandering NPC) and then light a signal flare in the tower. However, the if you gain too much notoriety in the city based on your actions, the Templars may launch an attack to retake your dens. To defend the dens, you complete a "den defense" mini-game. This mini-game is essentially and menu and point tower defense game, and really lacks inspiration and therefore, fun. The multi-player has received a big upgrade, and I have to admit it is one of the most satisfying multi-player experiences out there. Game modes such as "Wanted" still stick to the theme of "it's not how many you kill, it's how you kill", and I have to admit it is incredibly satisfying finishing first in a match when you finish 5-9, but you planned and executed your kills rather than ran around like a madman. Overall Revelations is not a perfect game, but it is a very enjoyable game and arguably the best in the series to date.
  41. Dec 13, 2011
    I must give 0 points just to correct the average score...I know, the ones who liked the game gave 10 though it wasn't worth it neither. In fact it is a 75-85% Game! This game is far too short, it is far too easy and there is no **** story at all! AC2 ist one of my favorite gtames of all time. Brotherhood was also great. But it was for the reason, that both games combinded two Storys and many epoches. Not just the high medieval age and modern times, but any epoche thinkable with those glyphs.

You'll miss it all in Revelations. Press two buttons and win the game in less than 3 or 4 Hours....
  42. Dec 17, 2011
    You know how when someone uploads a Youtube video, but flips the screen first, so they can't get sued for copyright? Compared to the original, that's about how different this game is from it's predecessors. Just like MW3..it's the SAAAAAAME thing over and over again so they can have a yearly release with nothing new being offered to the customer. BOOORING.
  43. Dec 23, 2011
    PROS: -Very well crafted city environment. -Still plenty to do. -Hugely improved and entertaining multiplayer experience. -A fitting end to Ezio's story. CONS: -Same gameplay and control issues. -The Altair segments are just too damn short to be meaningful. -WHAT 'Revelations'?!?! We STILL don't know why J. made D. kill L.! -Starting to show signs of Rushed Development.

VERDICT: An okay AC game... but I'm starting to see signs of rushed development. For the love of God Ubisoft, don't kid yourselves into thinking you have to release the next game by 2012. Give it the time it needs.
  44. Mar 28, 2012
    Perfect game, it can even outshine Batman: Arkham City. There are no flaws, everything works well. Combat is easy but still interesting, story is amasing, stealth is good, parcour knows no equal. And do not say it's a copy-paste, if the game is good, repetiveness cannot harm it.
  45. Nov 18, 2011
    Brilliant game; everything is perfect. Especially loved the first-person Desmond section of the game. The hookblade allows for some very interesting, and enjoyable combat moves, as well, speeds up travel dramatically. The tower defense mini-game was a very fun addition as well. Definitely the best Assassin's Creed so far!
  46. Nov 19, 2011
    Revelations is a great game by its own merits, though the repetition from an annual release pattern does make it less compelling than its predecessors. The core gameplay is fundamentally unchanged from AC Brotherhood, though the addition of the hookblade and bombs helps to further refine those mechanics. The hookblade makes climbing and jumping around the city faster and easier than ever, and helps make scaling those really tall sections much quicker. The bombs introduce a few tactical variations, particularly for those who enjoy a stealthy approach to missions. They can distract guards, helping you sneak past, help you get away unseen (a la a ninja-style smoke bomb), or simply kill unseen from a distance. They are well implemented and generally a good addition, albeit a fairly subtle one. The den defense minigame isn't that bad and I thought was kind of a fun break from the usual action. I like the constant back and forth between assassin and templar control of dens; it lends a sense of ongoing struggle in the city and forces you to watch your awareness level to keep things under control, as well as train assassins to maintain your dens against attack. The den defense minigame can pretty much be avoided entirely if you put enough effort into controlling your awareness level, but overall its a simple, quick, and relatively fun distraction. The mentoring aspect of the game is outstanding, and really embraces and expands on the system developed in AC Brotherhood. Assassins can be leveled up, can be called to help you in battle, can be sent to other cities to gain money and xp, or can be assigned to one of your dens. The latter allows your trainee to level up further than the others and eventually prevent templars from being able to attack your dens. In addition, they have some master assassin missions that Ezio gets to help out with, which does an awesome job of really making you feel like a mentor to these other assassins. The story is interesting enough, though the flashbacks with Altair really standout. Mission design is creative and generally interesting. The first few hours of the game really don't give the best impression, but once you get into it, it gets quite good. The city of Constantinople is a nice change from Rome, and feels like a marriage between the settings of AC 1 and AC 2. The graphics are good; the city and people have lots of detail and the draw distance is stellar. The city itself is beautiful and on the whole its a good looking game. The biggest nitpick I have with the visuals is that there is a lot of screen-tearing, coupled with the occasional slight frame-rate drop . Considering how many games Ubisoft have now made using this engine, and considering that the graphics have not improved from the last game, at least use some vertical-sync. Tearing is one of the most graphically annoying aspects of games in my opinion, and should not exist at this point in the consoles life-span in a series with this many iterations. Its hard for me to fault this game because I loved AC2 and AC Brotherhood, and Revelations plays fundamentally the same. Gameplay is slightly more refined than Brotherhood, and combat and parkour mechanics are smoother and more fluid than ever. That said, as much as I love being back in the world with Ezio and Altair, and eagerly await the next AC, I feel that the annual release schedule is doing more harm than good. Revelations deserves a slightly better Metacritic score than it has received based solely on its own merits, but coming out so soon after Brotherhood without the big leaps in quality and gameplay we saw between AC 1 to AC2, and AC2 to AC Brotherhood, it does feel a little bit repetitious. Having said all that, at this point you ought to know if this is a game you'll like or not. If you enjoyed the previous Assassin's Creed games then I don't see why this would be any different. Its easily as good as and in some ways slightly better than the previous games. If you didn't like AC 2 or Brotherhood then there is nothing new here that will change your mind. And if you're a newcomer to the series, I recommend you just pick up a used copy of AC 2 on the cheap and see if you like it. Revelations isn't the best jump-in point for newcomers because a) the story leading up to this game is so convoluted, and b) no tutorial is given on existing control and gameplay mechaincs, which will make this game a bit of a challenge for those who are new to the series. This game was clearly made for those who have been following Ezio's adventures to this point, and if that describes you then its a worthwhile purchase. Expand
  47. Nov 20, 2011
    The game was pretty fun. I enjoyed the story about Altair and Ezio, although I'm quite sad that they won't appear again. I though Ezio's ending wasn't broad enough, it didn't show us anything about after he get's out of Altair's libary. Gameplay was fun, mostly unchanged. The hookblade was a good addition, although the bombs were barely used by myself. Desmond was mostly irrelevant to me, he is barely seen and the cliffhanger seen at the end annoyed me. Thats 2 in a row -.-
    Can't wait for next years game, though!
  48. Nov 20, 2011
    Assassins creed 2 was an amazing game I will never forget. Assassins creed brotherhood was an ok I forgot most of. Assassins creed revelations is a mild game I only remember the ending to. The gameplay mechanics have stayed the same since the second game. The combat is too easy along with the difficulty of the game and the game practically plays itself. There is not enough secondary content to keep me interested and the multiplayer is just ok. Instead of the missions and bonus dungeons and armor, the main story IS the extra dungeons, large disappointment. Expand
  49. Nov 20, 2011
    an awesome game all the way. new content kept the game interesting and now the hook-blade helps immensely with climbing. Bomb making was simple and fun and Den Defense is one of the best tower defense mini-games I've every played
  50. Nov 20, 2011
    "Assassin's creed Revelations" is a good game, not so much glitches as i have heard off, but sadly enough ubisoft didn't change much from the previous 2 titles in this series, i would have liked it more if they made some changes in this game.
  51. Nov 20, 2011
    I think people do not understand what this game accomplished. They always look at the couple of things the game did wrong and exclude the amazing factors it has. You just look at how the Desmond missions were not that good and how the tower defense mini-game was not the best idea.You say that the gameplay feels like the same as previous games and it uses the same engine. How come you never talk about the amazing storyline, the awesomely refined multiplayer, the great voice attacking, the cool executions,... Do not score this game badly because of the Desmond missions (which you do not have to do), or the tower defense. I do believe that Ubisoft should make their next game with genuine and unique ideas and if they don't the series will fail, but this games mechanics are good enough to keep me enticed. Also, how come games like Call of duty and Uncharted get away with 90 and up scores but they have the same gameplay as the pervious titles before it. (I still love both games though, just like Assassins Creed) I gave this game a ten because of the things that it did right and I care about, but Ubisoft should make the next game with better new ideas than this one. Expand
  52. Nov 20, 2011
    There is not much to say. Its assassins creed. It has a terrific story. They gameplay is the same but with a couple additions. Its a really fun game. If you liked the previous ones you will enjoy this one.
  53. Nov 20, 2011
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I know some people might think that the Assassin's Creed franchise have just been doing the same thing for the last 3 years, which is partly true. But I didn't pick up this game for some huge change or 'revelation' in gameplay mechanics. I played this game for the story and what I knew would be an overall well polished game. If you have no interest in the story then I can understand why you would give this game a Expand
  54. Nov 20, 2011
    I was hoping Revelations was going to blow my socks off, but it didn't. That doesn't mean it isn't good, it just means that it needs a bit more work. For starters: gameplay. Yes, I dig a lot of it. Yes, I love to sneak up on unsuspecting roof patrols and kill them in some way, shape, or form. That being said, maybe you guys need to amp up the AI a little. Yes, the Mediterranean Defense, Den Defense, and Animus Island minigames are fun, but it shouldn't always be about extra content. Instead, Ubisoft should be focusing on changing the game up a little bit. The next game is about Desmond, so there shouldn't be as much of the same thing here. Make him run around in the dark, make it hard for him to get away, make helicopters appear. Think about the timeline you're in and use all the tools you can to make it harder. Expand
  55. Nov 21, 2011
    The Assassins Creed franchise is one of my favourite game franchises simply because it draws you into its world so easy and the latest Assassins Creed is no different I found the story very interesting and a good way finish the Ezio and Altair stories. Assassins Creeds Revelations is not the best assassins creed game in fact it feels like a a lot AC Brotherhood with a good few changes that help improve the game. The hook blade is a very nice addition and it works well especially with the zip line. The den defence can be fun at first but sometimes can be annoying when you have to go out of your way to defend a tower. The multiplayer is vastly improved with AC: Revelations offering a more polished multiplayer experience. Overall I would give AC Revelations a 8.4out of 10 with the highlights being the multiplayed and the story line. The one flaw is the lack of a major innovation in the game play but it can be easily over looked as the game is still immense fun to play and i look forward to the next installment of the Assassins Creed franchise but hope to see more major improvements. Expand
  56. Nov 21, 2011
    I love this game. It's probably the best in the series, all things considered. The hookblade adds much needed speed to climbing as well as new ways to get around. The kills are more visceral, though killstreaks seem harder to get going, especially when the Janisseries are shooting. And the story is much improved, exploring the tragic aspect of Ezio's devotion to the Assassin's as well as giving Altair some needed depth. And to anyone who hasn't watched the Assassin's Creed: Embers video, you must, MUST, watch it. I consider it almost an obligatory part of Ezio's story, and it introduces a new brotherhood of the Assassin's. Awesomesauce. The environments are colorful, and being someone who has actually been to Istanbul, they got it down very well. The only drawbacks are the occasional bugs, like when Ezio gets caught phasing through an overhanging roof or just decides to fall flat on his face. And the controls are still unforgiving when you are off by a few degrees. But overall the set pieces are much improved and the story is a worthy end for Ezio.

And to all those **** who are berating this game for a lack of innovation, what about Madden? What about Cod or Battlefield? What about GTA? What about Halo? What about God of War? What about Resident Evil? What about Gears of War? What about Elder Scrolls? Are we to discount all these simply because their mechanics haven't significantly changed over the years? Or for the fact that Ubisoft and friends have the decency to provide us with amazing games regularly, year after year, with an amazing, arching story rich in culture and characters? Do you understand the level of work that goes into recreating Constantinople at it's peak? It's bloody absurd.
  57. Nov 21, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations(ACR) is a great game, but some of the new features hurt it and do not really bring any value to the overall experience. ACR essentially sticks to the same gameplay since Assassin's Creed 2 and that is great thing. The free-running is still nearly flawless, the combat system is still awesome, and storytelling is still amazing and satisfying. What I did not like about ACR was the new features Den Defense, Templar Dens, and the notoriety system. Den Defense is a strange quasi tower defense mini game that is ruined by awkward camera angles and really not having a purpose other then to add something new. Templar Dens are similar to the Borgia towers from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and that is also is a good thing, but the coward captains, flee to easily, make them nearly impossible to beat. The notoriety system also has been screwed up solely because buying shops raises your notoriety, making you lower it about every three shops. However, I did like the bomb crafting. I felt like it gave the game new awesome ways to kill enemies and added more RPG elements to the game. Overall, ACR is a great game, with a few flaws that lower the gameplay. Expand
  58. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is amazing the story was epic as usual and the multiplayer is improving alot, right now I prefer playing the multiplayer in assassins creed revelation over modern warfare 3
  59. Nov 21, 2011
    Assassins Creed Revelations suffers from appearing to be a copy and paste job and on the surface it does look the same. AC: Brotherhood was, like Revelations, seen as a cash in but it disproved this tag with an amazing amount of new content, Revelations, however, does not include much new content. Set in Constantinople, Revelations shows Ezio in his later years searching for the Masyaf Keys which his ancestor, Altaïr, has left behind to tell his story. The actual temples in which Ezio searches for these keys are incredible, if you've played Brotherhood they are the equivalent of the Lairs of Romulus and are what Assassins Creed is all about. The new features in Revelations are the hook-blade which considerably saves time on climbing, the zip-lines which link into the hook-blade, these save masses amount of time assuming one can find the start of the line! Den Defense is also a new addition but doesn't really need to be included, you'll find yourself most likely ignoring the templar attacks on your dens.
    What the Gameplay additions lack the Story makes up in Huge amounts, possibly and most likely the best story so far in the AC universe it ties up the loose ends and leaves it nicely in place for AC3, just try not to shed a tear near the end! Another part of AC: R that falls flat are the sections involving desmonds memory, these tron-like sections are entertaining puzzles but the back story seem almost generic and pointless, adding nothing really to the story.

Multiplayer too, has been improved, this makes Brotherhoods MP look like a beta, new modes, characters and maps make it seem fresh compared to Brotherhood. It all pieces the story into your MP levelling as well and for fans of the single player it's really intriguing to see the templars side of things!

Gameplay - 6/10 - Nothing really new, but the new city is beautiful and the Hook-blade and zip-lines make travelling quick and easy while the new Den Defense falls flat Audio - 8/10 - Same as the previous games, good standard of voice acting, especially (in my view) by Subject 16's voice actor. The soundtrack is very good and comes with the Special edition.

Visuals - 9/10 - Constantinople looks fantastic as does Masyaf, character face models have also been improved.

Story - 10/10 - Best yet, ties up the characters plots and also reveals new information which leads on to AC3 next year

Closing Comments: Storys great, gameplays same (But that's not a bad thing) Multiplayers improved. If you've played the previous instalments this is a must buy, if you haven't it's definitely worth a play but only once you've played the previous games.

8.4/10
  60. Nov 21, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations doesn't bring much new content to the serie except from some minor twists and turns. Altough if you do enjoy the story and want to know more about Ezio, Altaïr and Desmond and exactly how they connect this is a game you have to buy or at least burrow. Some of the missions can become rather repetitive but you are always having a good time and you never feel really let down although some of the time I wish there were some extra spicy content with a unique feeling. But a generally really good game! Expand
  61. Nov 21, 2011
    Though it seems to be the most disappointing game in the series, "Assassin's Creed: Revelations is still a good game. I wasn't completely pleased with where Ubisoft went with the story, but the story telling is very, very good. The story was also very interesting none the less. One thing that really seemed to bug me the most was the fact that they completely changed Desmond's, Ezio's and Altair's facial structure. They look nothing like they did in the previous games. Hated it. They also replaced Altair's voice (another thing that really buged me.) The gameplay plays just like all the other Creed's, it's still the same gameplay we know and love. Once again, I wasn't completely happy with where they went with the story, but they did tell the story very well, and it was actually quite emotional. One of the best things I loved about the game was all of Desmond's story. I can't really explain the whole platforming levels you do with Desmond, sense they're unlike anything I've every played, but I think it's very creative and original, in fact, it just might be my favorite part of the game. Revelations has many great moments, and besides the few mager flaws it has, AC: Revelations is a good addition to the series. Expand
  62. Nov 21, 2011
    They have nearly perfected the climbing and free-running with the addition of the hook blade, giving you a bit of extra climbing speed and reach when you need it. Fighting hasn't changed, and the environment looks only tweaked from how it looked in Italy. If they had scrapped carriage chases and a heartless tower defense mini-game, it would have been closer to a 9. Also, I'm missing the good old days of Assassins Creed 1 where you got a target to assassinate and you could decide how you wanted to go about it. In the rare instances where you "assassinate" a target, it is relatively scripted as far as the path you should take. The fun is dwindling. This series needs a tremendous shift to keep interest high, and hopefully AC3 will do it. Nonetheless, this is still a great game in its own way. Expand
  63. Nov 21, 2011
    Since Assassin's Creed II I've been hooked on the Ezio Auditore storyline and for those whom are the same I will say this is the needed closure for that story. The gameplay is similar and somewhat marginally improved over AC: Brotherhood however I still loved the play through. Regarding Ezio, there is little to want with the end of this series and it definitely lays a good foundation for the release in 2012. Expand
  64. Nov 22, 2011
    This is one of the best assassina creed ever. If you dont understand the story of this game get the first one, if you got this game and didnt play the others and didnt understand, get the first one. This is one of the bets with really great visual's for the game's time and nice movement with a touch of blur when you move ezio( but it's ment to do that ) and when you attack the enemy with you weapon, you get this nice sword sound thats makes you feel it's life like game. This really deserves a 10/10. Expand
  65. Nov 22, 2011
    With the notable exception to the Tower Defense mini game (wonky controls, the Templar army spawning too quickly versus how fast you can spawn units) AC: Revelations is what the series is all about. And it was refreshing to see how the character Ezio was well handled. Ezio's story is over in Assassin's Creed but Desmond's still has a few things to show. Can't wait to see where AC III takes us.
  66. Nov 22, 2011
    We could have had two really great games. What we got instead were three "good" games. Revelations was an unneeded game. Not because it didn't bring some great things to the series (the story, specifically), but because they were things that should have been in Brotherhood. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, and I'm sure some of the designers share my complaints. You never truly ship the "perfect" game you had in mind; there's always more that can be done.

Assassin's Creed 2: The best in the series. Plenty of content. The story gave us a charming protagonist, and a sympathetic story of revenge. The biggest flaw? Not ending the Borgia plot. Instead, we were treated to a rushed climax, where Ezio simply decides to abandon his quest for revenge five minutes too soon. Brotherhood: I'm not saying Ezio should have killed the Pope in AC2. Every good character needs to make some mistakes to grow. But the Borgia plot in Brotherhood was just a bad case of deja vu. Hadn't the revenge themes already been explored? To its credit, Brotherhood added a great chunk of content, and refined all of the already great elements of AC2 without breaking the system.

Revelations: The gameplay is exactly the same, for better or worse. Bombs are the only interesting addition. The hookblade is unneeded, and reeks of gimmick. Den Defense, however, is the worst thing to happen to the series. It absolutely ruins the pacing of the game, forcing players to engage in a mediocre (and horribly flawed) minigame whenever they gain too much Templar attention, a bar increased by trying to play the damn game.
    However, it easily has the best story of the trilogy. Sofia's relationship with Ezio grows naturally, and runs concurrently with the main plot, giving us a nice change of pace. Shows some great duality in Ezio's character: assassin vs. man, something that's been teased throughout the series. But the early story is a bit familiar: didn't we already start a Brotherhood? These Ottoman assassin's don't exactly treat me like Il Mentore, hero of all Italy. No, they treat me like a senile old retiree. "What do you mean, you don't have a hookblade? No bombs? Get with the times, old man." Instead of adding new weapons, how about new defenses against riflemen, a new and scary enemy of the Assassins? Adapting to a new world is an interesting theme explored in games such as Red Dead Redemption, and I would have loved to see them explored here. No such luck.

My Recommendations:
    My additions to AC2 would purely be story based: none of the gameplay additions would be added until the sequel. The Christina Missions from Brotherhood should have been incorporated into AC2's plot. It gives us an anchor for an otherwise baseless story of revenge. It gives us an awareness for the passage of time, and the toll it has had on Ezio. It is the first example of my favorite theme in the series: a man giving all he has to an order (never fully explored until Revelations). AC2 would have ended with the Borgias. The main flaw of AC2 was a lack of closure, now achieved via the death of the Borgias. Instead of giving us a huge cast of conspirators to kill, the game should have limited our targets, incorporating the ending of AC2 and minimal plot of Brotherhood: ie: the plot to take down Italy via the papacy. This sort of streamlining worked great in Revelations. The next game would finish Ezio's story. The plot would largely resemble Revelations, with small changes. First and foremost: the world would need to be larger. Constantinople could serve as the hub world, with entire sequences taking place in smaller, newer areas (similar to multiple cities in AC2). Sequence 7 of Revelations does something similar, and was easily my favorite part of the game. We would get an idea of the global expansion of the Brotherhood, with a nice variation in mission structure. Simply put, this game would combine the gameplay innovations from Brotherhood with the superb story of Revelations. The best themes would be there: expansion of the Brotherhood, knowing a man's limits / place in the world, giving ones life to an organization, etc. It would be the perfect finisher. And yes, we would still keep the Altair missions.

The Brotherhood / Revelations hybrid would have needed additional prep time. Personally, I would have been fine with not having Brotherhood and waiting until this year for the hybrid. It all boils down to planning. With time, the team could have come up with the perfect way of combining these games. It seems the crucial flaw of the series was maintaining a proper storyline across all games, and still giving each installment a sense of accomplishment and closure. Instead, we received three games where the protagonist never had a motive beyond revenge. A failure to develop a strong cast of characters (and even abandoning most of them in Revelations) gave the game a lack of heart, and a lack of direction.
  67. Nov 22, 2011
    I thought the game was fantastic. Yes it follows the same formula used in previous installments but playing as Altair made this a must have. It was pretty cool to see what really happened to Altair after the events of the first. Only downsides are the Altair episodes being short and a ridiculous make-over for Desmond Miles, but I would definitely recommend this to any open adventure gamer.
  68. Nov 24, 2011
    Revelations has, by far, the best story in the franchise thus far, and this is where the game's title truly comes through. The ending packs an enormous emotional punch for any fan of the franchise, and wraps up Ezio's story quite well. Along with phenomenal voice acting, and a beautiful world, you will become immersed into the fiction once again.

Unfortunately, Revelations falls short in
    the gameplay department. While the combat is better than ever with the free flow style back from brotherhood, the enemy types, mission design, and frustration factor of this game really disappoint, and that is disappointing given the franchise. Borgia towers worked really well and were fun to take out in Brotherhood, yet Ubisoft decided to discard that concept and convolute it with Den Defense which is slightly tedious at best and extremely frustrating at worse. Additionally, some of the new enemy types in this game are extremely frustrating to fight and will eat up your health. Now every rooftop guard has a rifle which will take out half your health in one shot are deadly accurate. However, there are some improvements. The hook blade is a fantastic addition which makes climbing and other tasks not only easier, but more enjoyable (hook and run is great). Also, the new "catacombs" in the game linked with the main story are more cinematic (think Uncharted) which makes them immensely enjoyable.

Overall, this game could have been perfect if it weren't for the rather significant flaws in the gameplay department. Hopefully Ubisoft learns from their mistakes and doesn't repeat them in Assassins' Creed 3. If you're a big fan, definitely pick this one up, but expect some frustration along the way of a fantastic plot line.
  69. Nov 24, 2011
    I was not a huge fan of AC 1 and 2 but Brotherhood I ended up having a good time on. Revelations though is a step backwards for the series in my opinion. The new mini games are horrible and bring nothing good to the series. The worst is the 3d puzzle garbage that is a silly attempt at bringing Portal'ish puzzles to the series. The next is a bad tower defense game that also feels way out of place.

The actual action and what not is still very fun and I wish they would have had more of it in this game instead of the very ridicolous side missions. Also they took horses out which boggles my mind to!

The one plus of this game is the good story, very well done in that aspect but that's about it to be honest.
    All they had to do was take what Brotherhood did well and add to it, but no they had to take all these things out and add in pointless stuff.

In the end I would stay away personally unless you are a AC junky, but even then you might be dissapointed in this game.
  70. Nov 26, 2011
    This game, the conclusion of Ezio's story, is very good. The storyline is great, the city is amazing and the characters are well designed. The only thing that I don't like at this game is the "tower defense" minigame. It is very boring. This is why I will give to gameplay 9, not 10. So, let's recap: Storyline = 10, Characters = 10, Setting = 10, Gameplay = 9. That means 49/50, so a minus 10. Great game indeed. Expand
  71. Nov 26, 2011
    WHAT A GAME !!! beautiful graphics, unique story... WOW !! Better than his predecessors !
    The multiplayer is even better !!! Ubisoft, thanks for this game !
  72. Nov 27, 2011
    Great game,though it was a bit similar to Brotherhood and den defence wasnt all that good.But the story, graphics and soundtracck were quite good too.
  73. Nov 27, 2011
    Great game, even if it's a copy-paste from the last two. The added mechanics aren't what made me keep coming back, it's the old stuff. The Den Defense is poorly implemented and probably shouldn't have been included. The bomb-making is ok, and can be utilized well, but wasn't really necessary and doesn't add anything great to the game. Those issues can be easily overlooked though when compared to the beauty of the city, interesting (if not believable) story, and wonderful mechanics that carry over from Brotherhood. While it's hard to recommend jumping in here, if you haven't played any of the other AC games, if you have, Revelations should be a serious contender for your hard-earned cash. Expand
  74. Nov 27, 2011
    I don´t agree with the users that rate ACR with 0 or 6 because you can´t expect that a game that was created in 1 year changes much, im sure that the next assassins will innovate as much as the AC2 innovate from AC1 be patient and don´t be silly, this is a great game with a a great story, and a great game play yeah the same as the last but still great.
  75. Nov 28, 2011
    Perfect way to describe this game, "It is what it is". If you liked the previous releases then you will like this one. The managed to add a few things to the game not previously seen, some are pretty cool (parachute,hooks) and some are down right worthless (taking dens over and maintaining them). Still it plays on the storyline and opens you up to the future games to come.
  76. Nov 28, 2011
    Well, i didn't expect any super-new gameplay from the game, hookblade was nice, bombs nothing but an ignoring crap, but one thing that amused me is ........... game is more realistic onto history, Mongols attack and destroy assassins just like as it was in history,
    People talk about that there is nothing new in the game, so the same with Batman Arkham City ? WTF ?
    Only positiveness is, its
    PLOT
    Nice Game, 9 of 10
  77. Nov 29, 2011
    I have really enjoyed this game. It is my favorite from assassins creed series. Actually, revelations is a well polished AC2 and brotherhood with new quests and spectacular missions. If AC2 and Brotherhood were exactly same, AC:R offers new mission types and new weapons concepts, so I think this game is underrated. It definitely deserves 90 - 95.
  78. Dec 3, 2011
    Why is it that people seem to have trouble understanding that this game is for all intents and purposes a continuation of AC2 and AC:B. Its not titled AC3! This is really no different than if they would have released Brotherhood and Revelations as DLC for AC2 and spread it out over 2 years. They make tweaks where necessary and add little tid bits to change up the gameplay slightly. I agreed with most people about the Den defenses(wasn't thought out very well). But what are the developers supposed to do, people whine and gripe when games don't change stuff between entries but then they want to b**ch when somethings added in to give a change of pace. That is why they make video games and we just play them. And for all those people out there that want really want to complain, explain to me how its ok for COD to release essentially the same game every year for the last like 5 years and nobodies has an issue with that, when these are continuations and its not okay. And one last complaint, for all those people out there that haven't finished the game yet, and it doesn't matter what game it is, unless you literally stop playing the game, make sure you finish the game before posting about how there is no story or things of that nature. Video games are story driven like movies, you don't go see a movie and say how amazing or horrible it is without finishing it, do you? Just food for thought. Anyways, I just finished the game with almost 90% synch and about 35 hours of gameplay trying to accomplish everything, besides the Den Defense parts and loved almost everything about this game like I did the last 2. If you are expecting something different pick it up later when it drops in price, if you like the way the last 2 played and you want to know a good bit more about the main characters and some pretty good plot points and developments right towards the end, give it a try. If your disappointed by the end of it Trade it in and pick up Batman Arkham City, Uncharted 3, or Elder Scrolls Skyrim, those are probably the only other recent releases that I would say are actually better games with a good amount of replayability other than the online play of Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3. Expand
  79. Dec 3, 2011
    I beat the game before I wrote this review. Pros: Single Player Very nice storyline continuation from 2 and brotherhood. Epic feel. Decent new combat and movement additions. eg. hook, zipline assassination 2 separate enemy factions complicated game dynamics We get to play as altair and desmond instead of just ezio. Multiplayer Multiplayer point system was changed so points werent so retardedly easy.
    More things to unlock. eg. Titles
    Shorter queue times (probably because game is new)
    Balance to skills (no smoke bombing at low levels)

Cons:
    Single Player: tower defense and bombs were kinda of an annoyance rather than fun.
    Fewer side activities (fewer missions, no global investment, no challenge mode)
    Vehicular combat (carriages, parachutes, etc), felt crappy and annoying
    Somewhat short

Multiplayer:
    Players look uglier than in brotherhood.
    No templar grade pyramid (?)
  80. Dec 4, 2011
    Revelations is a must purchase if you are an AC fan.
    However, if you have never played AC before do NOT purchase this game as it is not a good reflection on the series.
    Identical to the last 3 releases: Quality graphics, sound, and story. Changes from the previous 3: Gameplay feels aimless at times, sluggish controls, and an absolutely horrible new tower defense mode - which, BTW, has NO
    PLACE in a 3rd person action/adventure game. Expand
  81. Dec 5, 2011
    Well 9.5 actually, the game makes various improvements to an already great formula established by the first three games. Although some additions may feel a little contrived such as the tower defense minigame, it does little to take away from the great experience. But my biggest surprise to the game was how different it felt from previous installments.The city feels much bigger, the graphics have seen a major facelift, the new weapons give more freedom in how you tackle missions and the storytelling has been vastly improved. All in all Revelations is a great game, but one must wonder how long ubisoft can keep its momentum with its annual release date of this franchise. Story:9.5 Gameplay:9.5 Graphics:9.2 soundvoice acting:9 Enjoyment :10 Replay value 10. Expand
  82. Dec 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is more of the same, but with very little innovation when compared to the last few entries. Essentially it's AC:B plus a tower defense minigame and bomb crafting, both of which are less impressive than they may sound. Den defense can be aggravating at times, due to poor controls and visibility, and that it's essentially the game's way of punishing you for becoming notorious. You can bribe/assassinate your way out of notoriety, but there are no heralds or officials at night, and you get notoriety for nearly every action, including buying shops. I thought bombs were pretty boring, awkward to use and anything they can do, Ezio can already do faster. AC:R's story was kind of boring, it's self-contained and does little to further the overall plot of the series. Constantinople/Istanbul felt less intriguing than Rome, with fewer interesting landmarks and more annoying guards. Multiplayer has been improved a bit with more customization options and modes, but I've never particularly cared for it in this series. AC:R isn't a bad game, it's just meh compared to the others and is definitely the series' weakest offering. Expand
  83. Dec 11, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is a good game that could have been better. The story of Ezio is developed well but Altair's revelations are very linear and somewhat empty despite the quality background information given. And even though Desmond's story isn't a focal point, including his story created more questions and there were not enough answers given. His monologue-driven, first--person platforming sequences were also horribly done creating too much imbalance between solving puzzles and listening to Desmond's monologues.

Other gameplay elements such as Den Defense don't necessarily take away from the game but do not add much to it either. It's easier to let the Templars recapture the Den and kill the captain to take it back. The hook blade isn't a bad inclusion but again, it does nothing to enhance the gameplay to the point of making it feel more interesting than Brotherhood. Multiplayer comes back without making any unnecessary sacrifices or inclusions which makes it the most stable part of Revelations. New game modes, perks and abilities make it a lot more challenging without changing what wasn't broken in the first place.

While the game is still fun because the overall formula is still the same, don't expect to feel totally satisfied as this game is not as well-done as its predecessors.
  84. Dec 13, 2011
    The only new additions to AC's gameplay with this instalment add very little to the experience (if anything, they detract from it) and every other aspect, carried directly from Brotherhood, seems somehow more sluggish and unworkable then they were before, Ezio himself moving even slower than in ACII (Am I crazy to think that the fourth game in a popular series would be an upgrade instead of a downgrade?). The character of Ezio has certainly seen better days, and the plot that surrounds him in 16th Century Constantinople is even more paper-thin than Brotherhood, the city itself is poorly designed and lacks the flow of cities in previous titles like Florence, Venice and Roma, and its even more scaled down than Roma as well, a fete which I thought impossible, given how tiny Roma was to begin with. The supporting characters however, in particular, Yusuf Tazim, do tend to bring life to an otherwise dead script whenever they are involved. Desmond's story is the complete opposite, with regular updates coming in regarding events in the real world and Desmond's own personal journey to free his mind from the animus, within which he is trapped, with yet another great supporting character, Subject 16. The Multiplayer carries its bulk from Brotherhood, but, unlike the single-player, refines the experience rather than weigh it down underneath an ever-growing pile of unnecessary **** If you're an Assassin's Creed fan, of course you should buy this, Desmond's plot is really coming together, and if you can ignore a ****-load of average gameplay, you'll feel very rewarded at the end (if nothing else, this game ended well). If you're looking for some original, ingenious multiplayer to break up the testosterone overload caused by mainstream shooters, again, you should buy this. If you don't fall into either of these categories, I would advise you to stay away. Hey, it's still better than AC1, but that isn't saying much :| Expand
  85. Dec 13, 2011
    Assassins Creed Revelations, by far the best AC title out. The story of ACR will keep you on the edge of your seat and to top it off, literally blows your mind. Such a compelling complex story with excellent characters, and the gameplay was nothing short of amazing. You will find it extreamly difficult to get bored of this game. As for the critic giving this a 80 shame on you all, You would'nt know a good game if it hit smack in the face. 10/10 ACR is defiantly a contender for Game of year action adventure. And Ezio is by far the greatest game character of our time i never felt so attached to one Ezio Greatest Mentor of our time "The life of an assassin is pain, you suffer it you infilict it you watch it happen in hope that it will dissapear in time". Requiescat En Pace, Ezio Auditore Da Firenze. Expand
  86. Dec 17, 2011
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game. This was the first of the Assassins Creed games I had played. I think this game is fit for anyone for craving of sneaky adventures!
  87. Dec 19, 2011
    Although i did enjoy the game, i do not think it was as good as is previous installments. Some of the missions are very linear and too easy to complete, and with the guidance systems telling you where and how to do something, it is no longer a challenge. On another note, the faction quests are extremely short, the most was roughly six, and the least amount of the questions for an entire faction was one. The multilayer has however lived up to brotherhood. A few tweaks have enhanced the experience and made it more comprehensive. Expand
  88. Dec 29, 2011
    This game pulls a call of duty, in that it's a direct copy from the other AC games. I'm going to run down all the differences between this game and brotherhood.
    HOOKblade: Nothing more than an upgrade for your climbing. It expands your reach, that's about it. Useful, but not very fun.
    Ziplines: Makes jumping from building to building more linear. Not a very good thing.
    Storyline: Good,
    however it could have been done in an expansion pack for how short it is.
    Templar/Assassin Dens: I actually really enjoyed infiltrating templar dens. However, if they involved more than killing one specific person and lighting a fire on a tower, I would have enjoyed them much more.
    Notoriety bar: No no no no no no no no no no no NO. This was an absolutely AWFUL idea. The oath of the assassins is "Nothing is true; Everything is permitted". Everything is permitted eh? Then how come I have to constantly hold back on doing what I want because of this bar? Also, the fact that it goes up if you renovate shops or buy from shops is incredibly stupid. It makes sense, yes, but it is incredibly annoying. Absolutely unnecessary. Add in the fact that lowering the notoriety bar makes you go completely out of your way constantly, and we have a gigantic mess.
    Mediterranean Defense: Somebody down at Ubisoft apparently said "Hey guys, I think the system for sending assassins out on missions is far too convenient! What say we make it so it requires constant maintenance? Players will love that!"
    Bombs: I liked bombs for the large variety of them you were able to create. However, I quickly forgot about them in favor of my already existing arsenal. I won't hold this against the game since it's mostly my fault, but I don't have much of an opinion on them.
    Controls: In brotherhood, the controls screwed up once in a while. It was nothing too bad. Now, I feel like I'm trying to control a drunken man. I lost count of how many times Ezio jumped away from a wall when I was holding up on the control stick.
    Desmond's Journey: I felt like ending this review on a good note. Desmond's Journeys are a completely new addition to the game. I'm going to avoid spoiling anything for anyone who wants to buy the game. I'll just say it brings a new puzzle aspect to the series that was very nice to see. It brought my rating from a 5 to a 6.
  89. Dec 30, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the perfect game to end Ezio's chapter of the Assassin's Creed story line. Many improvements have been made, graphics, game play, fighting, free running, multi-player etc. The only problem with AC:R I have is the legnth of the story, for me it was around 4 to 6 hours. The worst part is that you can only play as Altair 5 times ( But in these 5 playable moments he is awesome) Expand
  90. Dec 30, 2011
    After all i heard i didnt expect much, but as an AC fan i had to pick it up.
    It really impressed me, i think the story was great, but to short. It took me 8 ingame hours to complete, and i dont think ive gotten that much better at AC. Personally i think the story was lame, it was at the end it really got to me, and the few and short Altair missons was so much better. And it seems to
    finally focus on Desmond a little It have gotten a few improvments, but not much, they make it seems like a big deal about the hookblade, but it really isnt.
    In Short: Pros: Desmond more central, Altair is back
    saying goodbye to Ezio Cons:
    new but unnecessary improvements
    Mini games are boring
    Saying goodbye to Ezio
  91. Dec 31, 2011
    EPIC, DELICIOUS AND LOVELY, the game is just wonderful, the way it conclude the Altaïr's story, and open the gates for Desmond's fate is just perfect, loved it
  92. Dec 31, 2011
    This was an absolutely unnecessary game to release to continue the AC storyline. The fact that hardly anything new was added to the combat is the straw that breaks the camels back for me. Look, I loved AC 2 and I thought Brotherhood was a good enough followup to wrap up Ezio's story. However this game was not necessary and it really does seem they put the minimum amount of effort into making this game. It truly is almost a copy-paste of Brotherhood with only some minor things added in here and there. I think it's not right what they are doing to this franchise by releasing a new rehashed game every year as if it's some sort of sports franchise. This franchise deserves better and I can only hope they really go all out for AC 3 and not release anymore of these follow up stories. Expand
  93. Jan 2, 2012
    The fourth game in the series, but the third and final game which you will play as the amazing Ezio Auditore.

From the start of the game it is clear that the end is near for Ezio. He is looking old, you can see the grey in his hair and bear, the wrinkles on his face stand out a mile and he is starting to get rather slow. A clear indication as to how old he his getting is the new device he
    has. It is basically, what I like to call, a walking stick for jumping from roof to roof. Ezio now canâ Expand
  94. Jan 3, 2012
    Assassins Creed revelations is one of the GOTY. The gameplay, graphics, sound and story are brilliant. The multiplayer even includes are story which gives a more in-depth look at the Templars.
  95. Jan 4, 2012
    The additions are laughably bad. Den Defense is a poorly implemented tower defense mini-game, bombs are pointless considering all the other weapons you already had from previous games, and the Desmond sequences are mind-numbingly boring. The development team clearly ran out of ideas with this one. Save your money, and pick up AC2 for $10 (or less), which is the only good one of the series.
  96. Jan 6, 2012
    i hate the assassins creed games they are not really that fun all three games are the same story repeated it all around are horrible games so it does not shock me that this one is bad
  97. Jan 10, 2012
    The fact is, Assassin's Creed: Revelations deserves a far higher score than it has been given. The fact that it has a lower score than Brotherhood should be strange on it 's own; even though I love Brotherhood, there is no doubt among many that it is the weakest of the "Ezio games" (I'm not counting the first game). EVERYTHING is improved in Revelations. In fact, the only reason I would not score it higher than the AC2 is simply because AC2 is more original, and laid the foundation for this game to follow upon.

First of all, the story is amazing. Ubisoft promised a satisfying end to the Ezio/Altair stories, and they delivered. This game had some of the most memorable moments in the series. The characters are well done, and by the end of the game you will feel genuinely attached to them. This is a more personal story; Ezio is no longer a young assassin seeking revenge on corrupt nobles, but instead an older man trying to find answers for the path his life has taken. I won't spoil the rest of the story, but believe me, it won't disappoint. (incidentally, the soundtrack is fantastic as well, kudos to Jesper Kyd)

As for the gameplay, I don't understand why people complain about it being "more of the same". What exactly did you expect? Did you think Ubisoft would reinvent the wheel in a game that is not even a numbered sequel?. I will leave the burden of "innovation" for the inevitable AC3. But this game does a perfect job of refining and improving the style of gameplay that was popularized by AC2, and I don't see that has a bad thing. The bombs and hook blade are fantastic additions, and only serve to increase the amount of ways to get through a mission. By Revelations, you truly are the ultimate assassin.

Multiplayer is sort of a polarizing affair for many, but I enjoy it and I applaud Ubisoft for actually being able to craft a good MP component. Assassin's Creed is not a game that would appear to lend itself to MP, but Ubisoft managed to do it. It is neither "tacked on", nor does it diminish from the single player experience. If you played Brotherhood MP, you will be fairly familiar, but Revelations does overhaul and refine the experience quite a bit. Really, there's nothing to dislike here. If you do, you probably weren't a huge fan of AC anyways, because if you were like me and fell in love with the AC universe after AC2, then Revelations won't disappoint. Perfect ending to what has been one of the most unique story arcs in recent gaming history. 9.5/10
  98. Jan 16, 2012
    The third instalment of the series (Lets forget about the first, shall we) is a fitting end to the story arcs of Ezio and Altair. Though the weaponry is a little cumbersome (there are so many it gets a bit ridiculous) the combat is fun and the story is engaging. The tone of Ezio as an ageing man is executed well, which makes the player aware of how invested they are in the character. Desmonds side missions are also an unusual and welcome side quest, though the Den Attack sections could have been handled a lot better. Expand
  99. Jan 21, 2012
    This is the 2nd best AC game, after the much more polished and realized AC 2. I really liked this game and found it to be most involving despite the lesser cultural weight of Constantinople versus Rome or Renaissance Italy. The narrative is involving, and the action delivers. Yes, it's similar to the previous games - but I think there are enough refinements and style that it remains a strong delivery and conclusion to an excellent series. Expand
  100. Jan 27, 2012
    With the exception of a good storyline that takes way too long to unfold, we've played this game before. Considering it came out just one year after its succesful Brotherhood, I don't mind that the graphics and game mechanics are the same, but the concept of going into a city and liberating it from Templar influence while building up your own is just too much of the same thing to want to keep jumping into it. You do get alternate storylines of bringing forth Desmond's role, and recapping what happened to Altair, but you have to go on scavenger hunts to unlock these. Out of all the aspects of the Assassin's series, scavenger hunts are my least favorite. The introduction to bomb making is useless because, unless forced to, I don't use them. Nothing was more dissapointing to me in this game then coming upon a treasure box only to discover bomb componets to a bomb that I'll never make. The defending of the Assassin's Den was incredibly boring the first time I played it, and I made sure I was quit careful not to let my notoriety get too high so that I could avoid playing it again. Overall, the game by itself is a good formula and it carries on the Creed storyline. It's just too much of the same thing that is dissapointing. Expand

1. Jan 30, 2012
    If you are already invested in the series then playing Revelations isn't even an option - it's mandatory. The story is just too important, and frankly, this is the best in the series when it comes to story and action sequences, and not even misplaced tower defense distraction and endless city domination missions can hold it back.
    Before its release we prayed Revelations to become a true ending of series. Now we can only hope this wasn't the last time we met Ezio. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    As it stands Assassin's Creed: Revelations is worth playing, but not as a premium title. The content is thin, the game isn't as interesting, and Ubisoft shouldn't have diluted the game to make a yearly cycle. In a glut of other games to buy during the holiday season, it just doesn't stand out as a must-have.