7.1

1. Dec 3, 2011
    I beat the game before I wrote this review. Pros: Single Player Very nice storyline continuation from 2 and brotherhood. Epic feel. Decent new combat and movement additions. eg. hook, zipline assassination 2 separate enemy factions complicated game dynamics We get to play as altair and desmond instead of just ezio. Multiplayer Multiplayer point system was changed so points werent so retardedly easy.
    More things to unlock. eg. Titles
    Shorter queue times (probably because game is new)
    Balance to skills (no smoke bombing at low levels)

Cons:
    Single Player: tower defense and bombs were kinda of an annoyance rather than fun.
    Fewer side activities (fewer missions, no global investment, no challenge mode)
    Vehicular combat (carriages, parachutes, etc), felt crappy and annoying
    Somewhat short

Multiplayer:
    Players look uglier than in brotherhood.
    No templar grade pyramid (?)
  2. Dec 4, 2011
    Revelations is a must purchase if you are an AC fan.
    However, if you have never played AC before do NOT purchase this game as it is not a good reflection on the series.
    Identical to the last 3 releases: Quality graphics, sound, and story. Changes from the previous 3: Gameplay feels aimless at times, sluggish controls, and an absolutely horrible new tower defense mode - which, BTW, has NO
    PLACE in a 3rd person action/adventure game. Expand
  3. Apr 28, 2012
    Ubisoft has managed to destroy the last remnants of the AC game. It started going downhill after AC2 and it has official hit bottom. The only redeeming quality of this game is the new setting. Everything else is junk. If there is anything I would ask Ubisoft to do is not finish AC3 so we don't have to live through yet another disaster. Everything that made the first 2 AC games has been pretty much stripped out in lieu of combat-heavy action scenes mixed with a strategy game that nobody asked for and does not fit logically into the story. Den defense is stupid, not fun, (fortunately) ignorable and adds nothing to the game.

The story continues to be convoluted to the point of uninteresting. It is clear the writers have come up with some cool concept for the finale and are just making stuff up to fill in the blanks until they get there. The Desmond portions continue to be dull, stupid and a complete break from the actual story. If Desmond never came back in subsequent games it would be an improvement but that is unlikely to happen. More likely he'll get more screen time. That is unfortunate because he's an idiot and wouldn't even survive in the real world.

The vehicle sections are, fortunately, very few in this game but they still are horrible. I cringe every time I have to play them. Most sequences also continue to have challenges which are really nothing more than extra requirements to get 100%. I see them as a ploy to increase advertised playtime rather than adding any real value. Most of them go in the very face of what an assassin would want. Fortunately they are rather easy this time compared to previous iterations but they still add little value. This brings me to the combat which mostly states the same as previous games even with the advent of the hookblade which has little value in the game. If I were an assassin would I really want to draw so much attention to myself that I would need/want to fight 4+ guards at once? It's like the devs want to create an FPS so they rely more heavily on combat than stealth. Fortunately they haven't managed to break the combat system too much yet.

Perhaps the worse part of the whole game (and series) is that they continue to have the same poor AI that has been in previous iterations. Do us a favor Ubisoft, fix the AI issues rather than adding crappy new features nobody asked for. Halfway up a tower where a fall would kill me and I press the jump button to leap up to the next ledge should do that every time, not just if I have the direction pad pushed in the correct direction. Because logically there would be some time where I might want to be high enough up that I would want to jump to my death. Some common sense here would go a long way.

Also continuing with this series is the annoying problem of Ezio failing to enter combat mode in some cases. He'll just refuse to do anything until he gets hit. Fix the bugs!!!!

If you have liked the Ezio series and you want more of the same then by all means play this game. But if you're tired of Ezio (because he's had about 2 games too many), think the newer combat stuff is horrible or just want a real sleath game then go elsewhere.
  4. Dec 11, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is a good game that could have been better. The story of Ezio is developed well but Altair's revelations are very linear and somewhat empty despite the quality background information given. And even though Desmond's story isn't a focal point, including his story created more questions and there were not enough answers given. His monologue-driven, first--person platforming sequences were also horribly done creating too much imbalance between solving puzzles and listening to Desmond's monologues.

Other gameplay elements such as Den Defense don't necessarily take away from the game but do not add much to it either. It's easier to let the Templars recapture the Den and kill the captain to take it back. The hook blade isn't a bad inclusion but again, it does nothing to enhance the gameplay to the point of making it feel more interesting than Brotherhood. Multiplayer comes back without making any unnecessary sacrifices or inclusions which makes it the most stable part of Revelations. New game modes, perks and abilities make it a lot more challenging without changing what wasn't broken in the first place.

While the game is still fun because the overall formula is still the same, don't expect to feel totally satisfied as this game is not as well-done as its predecessors.
  5. Dec 17, 2011
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game. This was the first of the Assassins Creed games I had played. I think this game is fit for anyone for craving of sneaky adventures!
  6. Dec 19, 2011
    Although i did enjoy the game, i do not think it was as good as is previous installments. Some of the missions are very linear and too easy to complete, and with the guidance systems telling you where and how to do something, it is no longer a challenge. On another note, the faction quests are extremely short, the most was roughly six, and the least amount of the questions for an entire faction was one. The multilayer has however lived up to brotherhood. A few tweaks have enhanced the experience and made it more comprehensive. Expand
  7. Jan 10, 2012
    The fact is, Assassin's Creed: Revelations deserves a far higher score than it has been given. The fact that it has a lower score than Brotherhood should be strange on it 's own; even though I love Brotherhood, there is no doubt among many that it is the weakest of the "Ezio games" (I'm not counting the first game). EVERYTHING is improved in Revelations. In fact, the only reason I would not score it higher than the AC2 is simply because AC2 is more original, and laid the foundation for this game to follow upon.

First of all, the story is amazing. Ubisoft promised a satisfying end to the Ezio/Altair stories, and they delivered. This game had some of the most memorable moments in the series. The characters are well done, and by the end of the game you will feel genuinely attached to them. This is a more personal story; Ezio is no longer a young assassin seeking revenge on corrupt nobles, but instead an older man trying to find answers for the path his life has taken. I won't spoil the rest of the story, but believe me, it won't disappoint. (incidentally, the soundtrack is fantastic as well, kudos to Jesper Kyd)

As for the gameplay, I don't understand why people complain about it being "more of the same". What exactly did you expect? Did you think Ubisoft would reinvent the wheel in a game that is not even a numbered sequel?. I will leave the burden of "innovation" for the inevitable AC3. But this game does a perfect job of refining and improving the style of gameplay that was popularized by AC2, and I don't see that has a bad thing. The bombs and hook blade are fantastic additions, and only serve to increase the amount of ways to get through a mission. By Revelations, you truly are the ultimate assassin.

Multiplayer is sort of a polarizing affair for many, but I enjoy it and I applaud Ubisoft for actually being able to craft a good MP component. Assassin's Creed is not a game that would appear to lend itself to MP, but Ubisoft managed to do it. It is neither "tacked on", nor does it diminish from the single player experience. If you played Brotherhood MP, you will be fairly familiar, but Revelations does overhaul and refine the experience quite a bit. Really, there's nothing to dislike here. If you do, you probably weren't a huge fan of AC anyways, because if you were like me and fell in love with the AC universe after AC2, then Revelations won't disappoint. Perfect ending to what has been one of the most unique story arcs in recent gaming history. 9.5/10
  8. Dec 31, 2011
    This was an absolutely unnecessary game to release to continue the AC storyline. The fact that hardly anything new was added to the combat is the straw that breaks the camels back for me. Look, I loved AC 2 and I thought Brotherhood was a good enough followup to wrap up Ezio's story. However this game was not necessary and it really does seem they put the minimum amount of effort into making this game. It truly is almost a copy-paste of Brotherhood with only some minor things added in here and there. I think it's not right what they are doing to this franchise by releasing a new rehashed game every year as if it's some sort of sports franchise. This franchise deserves better and I can only hope they really go all out for AC 3 and not release anymore of these follow up stories. Expand
  9. Dec 29, 2011
    This game pulls a call of duty, in that it's a direct copy from the other AC games. I'm going to run down all the differences between this game and brotherhood.
    HOOKblade: Nothing more than an upgrade for your climbing. It expands your reach, that's about it. Useful, but not very fun.
    Ziplines: Makes jumping from building to building more linear. Not a very good thing.
    Storyline: Good,
    however it could have been done in an expansion pack for how short it is.
    Templar/Assassin Dens: I actually really enjoyed infiltrating templar dens. However, if they involved more than killing one specific person and lighting a fire on a tower, I would have enjoyed them much more.
    Notoriety bar: No no no no no no no no no no no NO. This was an absolutely AWFUL idea. The oath of the assassins is "Nothing is true; Everything is permitted". Everything is permitted eh? Then how come I have to constantly hold back on doing what I want because of this bar? Also, the fact that it goes up if you renovate shops or buy from shops is incredibly stupid. It makes sense, yes, but it is incredibly annoying. Absolutely unnecessary. Add in the fact that lowering the notoriety bar makes you go completely out of your way constantly, and we have a gigantic mess.
    Mediterranean Defense: Somebody down at Ubisoft apparently said "Hey guys, I think the system for sending assassins out on missions is far too convenient! What say we make it so it requires constant maintenance? Players will love that!"
    Bombs: I liked bombs for the large variety of them you were able to create. However, I quickly forgot about them in favor of my already existing arsenal. I won't hold this against the game since it's mostly my fault, but I don't have much of an opinion on them.
    Controls: In brotherhood, the controls screwed up once in a while. It was nothing too bad. Now, I feel like I'm trying to control a drunken man. I lost count of how many times Ezio jumped away from a wall when I was holding up on the control stick.
    Desmond's Journey: I felt like ending this review on a good note. Desmond's Journeys are a completely new addition to the game. I'm going to avoid spoiling anything for anyone who wants to buy the game. I'll just say it brings a new puzzle aspect to the series that was very nice to see. It brought my rating from a 5 to a 6.
  10. Jan 3, 2012
    Assassins Creed revelations is one of the GOTY. The gameplay, graphics, sound and story are brilliant. The multiplayer even includes are story which gives a more in-depth look at the Templars.
  11. Jan 6, 2012
    i hate the assassins creed games they are not really that fun all three games are the same story repeated it all around are horrible games so it does not shock me that this one is bad
  12. Mar 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed: Revelations is made by Ubisoft Montreal and helped by other Ubisoft studios and was published by who other than Ubisoft. The game is an excellent edition to the already amazing Assassin's Creed brand featuring Desmond, Altair and Ezio all as playable characters the game does well at rounding up the game for Ezio and possibly Altair and follows the story more behind Ezio than anything else, as he travels around looking for 5 Masyaf Keys to unlock the Masyaf library where Altair has hidden the Apple of Eden. It's a race against time as the Templars are after the Keys aswell. The story does well at everything it does and even welcomes the first appearance of characters like Subject Sixteen (who has been hinted at in other games but not seen until now). The gameplay is the same as any Assassin's Creed game the mission structure has been the same since AC:2 which is not a bad thing, it just offers more variety of what the missions are like. Combat has been barely changed since the very first Assassin's Creed game, which is a shame I think it really needs changing as it's too easy to take on lots of enemies at once and really takes out the fact that you're really outnumbered and can't win without running, it takes away that and overpowers you instead. It's not all bad news with the HUGE range of weapons at Ezios' hands from bombs, crossbows and even to the hidden blade. They have added 2 new modes to the single player which are nice editions; the first one is the Tower defense where the Templars invade an assassin hideout, and it's Ezio's job to stop them using a basic tower defense style of mini game, using assassin's and other means to stop the Templars from destroying the den at the other side. It's a nice edition but can become tiresome quickly as you're about to start a new mission in the story then you're told that one of your dens are being attacked which means going half way across the map to deal with it. The other is a puzzle style of game featuring Desmond in a first person perspective. It's a cool thing to have in the game but again feels unnecessary but if you want to know more about how Desmond grew up and was "chosen" as an assassin then this is a perfect way to do so, I personally found it really interesting. The multiplayer has been barely modified other than adding new game modes and new abilities, it generally feels more polished and you can see that, I found it quite addictive too and I would throw away COD or any game like that for the online; it's unique and really innovative which has payed off handsomely. Graphically it has been upgraded but only barely you can see little graphical changes since AC:2 which is a shame, it was a beautiful graphics engine, ans it's starting to show it's age just like the rest of the engine. The Verdict: If you're looking for a sprawling single player that will last you more than 10 hours then Assassin's Creed: Revelations is for you, with an addictive innovative multiplayer several new modes to play in the single player, this is truly one great game worth checking out even at full price. Expand
  13. Jan 16, 2012
    The third instalment of the series (Lets forget about the first, shall we) is a fitting end to the story arcs of Ezio and Altair. Though the weaponry is a little cumbersome (there are so many it gets a bit ridiculous) the combat is fun and the story is engaging. The tone of Ezio as an ageing man is executed well, which makes the player aware of how invested they are in the character. Desmonds side missions are also an unusual and welcome side quest, though the Den Attack sections could have been handled a lot better. Collapse
  14. Jan 28, 2012
    There is not another series of video games like Assassin's Creed. I love books and movies.. and to me the Assassin's Creed games have a great story line much like a movie or book, being very unique. And Assassin's Creed Revelations didn't let me down. Revelations does a great job of wrapping up the story for both Altair and Ezio. And it seems with each game they improve both the repeat game play that was very evident in the first game and has been broken up nicely as each sequel has come out. My only complaint about this game, which seems to be with almost everyone is the defense mini game... If it was optional then that would have been fine, but the fact that you have to defend or you will lose your area eventually is a bit of pain and it only feels like that because the game play is so much different than the rest of the game. But other than that this is the best Assassin's Creed game to date and has done a fantastic job at complicated and deep story telling. I can't wait to see what they come out with next! Expand
  15. Feb 5, 2012
    Revelations is hardly the masterpiece Assassins Creed 2 or Brotherhood were. However Revelations at least experimented with its formula by adding bomb crafting and Den Defense. One thing I really like from Revelations were the masyaf keys allowing the gamer to see how Altair became the assassin grand master. In Brotherhood, the addition of assassins recruits seemed necessary because the player was trying to liberate Rome from templar influence, while in revelations it were the Byzantines who were under templar influence not the Ottomans. I wasn't expecting a lot from this game, mainly because it started out as a 3DS game, but Revelations feels like an expansion to Brotherhood. Expand
  16. Feb 18, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the best action/adventure game of the year. In Revelations, you decide how you accomplish a mission. Do you take the stealthy route, or go in guns blazing? With the inclusion of the bomb crafting system, there are now hundreds of different ways you can go about completing a mission. Also, the story is the best in the Assassin's Creed series, as it not only completes the tale of Ezio Auditore, but also Altair, Ezio's spiritual mentor. The ending of Assassin's Creed: Revelations will leave you crying, a fitting end for an amazing character. Expand
  17. Mar 5, 2012
    poor game in a series that has gone stale. Dont believe any hype , the franchise , just like Call of Duty has become mass produced and dull.Dont buy this game
  18. Oct 29, 2012
    One of the best games in the series, and can somebody, please, tell me why do people like to troll? Yes, we get it, it's not the greatest finale for the trilogy, but it's good enough, i'm only giving this a 10 because there is too many trolls that gave it a 0, my real score is 9.
  19. Mar 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An overall mediocre game and put simply, a disappointment... The setting of the game is placed nicely and is well thought-out, however that seems to be about it. With almost an entirely different new set of characters, this is by no means bad, but the sudden cut from the characters whom we have grown fond of in AC:2 and AC:Brotherhood is extremely dispiriting and it prevents you from really getting a connection with the newer characters. The Desmond sub-plot is an extremely boring and does not really help in understanding Desmond's life at all. The death of Lucy, along with how she was cast aside afterwards, and only briefly mentioned once or twice makes fans feel that the game is rushed. The Altair sub-plot however is very engaging and put simply... fun. The gameplay mechanics is fairly smooth, glitches do occur quite often, but nothing that's stopping you from the actual gameplay. The main issue is the lack of support for Assassin's, throughout the game templar after templar get's killed, and in their dying moments they share how they see the world and why templars should use fear and control, the Assassin's only response only seems to be "Requiescat in Pace", nothing more, and the recital of their "creed" and that makes the character feel, that are the Assassin's really on the side of the just and is doing the world a favor. Expand
  20. Mar 20, 2012
    This game is visually stunning, as are the other three in the series. From the moment I found myself standing on the top of the Golden Dome looking out at 12th century Jerusalem, I was hooked on this series. From ACII's portrayal of the narrow alleyways of 15th and 16th century Florence, to the claustrophobic feel of San Gimignano, to the expanse of 16th century Rome in Brotherhood, Ubisoft never failed to impress with how well they managed to capture the flavor of the renaissance Italian city-states. It was all topped, however, by the magnificence and the squalor of 16th century Ottoman Istanbul. While I will admit that I am one of those who could not care less about Desmond, Revelation's brief focus on his back story, combined with a goofy and gratuitous new game mechanic, was thankfully far outweighed by by the depth of Ezio's tale. I was also quite pleased to find Altair as a playable character once again and that the remainder of his story was told. While I still think that ACII is the best game of the series, Revelations does not disappoint in the slightest. The game play and combat mechanics are as entertaining as ever, and the narrative qualities of the game are first rate. I'm not one of those gamers who gets his panties in a wad if a developer fails to reinvent a game in every single installment. I feel that if a studio has a narrative structure that works, game play mechanics that satisfy, an appealing aesthetic and a decent combat system, then the studio should use what works to tell the story. That is exactly what Ubisoft has done. By the end of the game, I discovered that I had a bit of an emotional investment in Ezio, and I felt regret that his tale had finally come to an end. If there is any criticism to be leveled, it would have to be about the MacGuffins such as flags, feathers, data bits, etc., that Ubisoft chose to put into the games. It is a small thing, but it does have a tendency to take one out of the experience. Still, it's almost inconsequential and it does have the advantage of encouraging exploration. Well, ok, that and the new bomb additions. The fact that the people of Istanbul seem to enjoy leaving various components for making crude grenades lying around all over the place, and that the Ottoman authorities were oblivious to that fact seemed silly to me. Truth to tell, almost none of the new features that Ubisoft put into Revelations improved on the game very much at all, although I did take a guilty pleasure in the gimmicky qualities of the new hook blade and the zip lines. Again, those are small quibbles. In a world of poorly crafted, disappointing video game franchises, the incredible quality of the AC series shines brightly. Expand
  21. Mar 22, 2012
    This is the biggest game of all Assassins Creed to date, lots of side missions and things to see and do, and a huge map spanning 2 districts of Constantinople but this is by far my least favirote game in the series. The story feels strained and alot of the time you find yourself doing things with no motivation, often you will find yourself asking "why am I doing this again" and "who am I fighting" It is really that unclear. The gameplay is the same apart from a few token improvements like the hookblade and bombs. Whilst fun these elements aren't needed and they're just an excuse to change it up a bit. The music is good and it still retains the AC flavour but the entire game feels like Ubisoft trying to rinse as much money as they can from Ezio and co before they move on. It is an interesting game if you want the full AC experience and the characters of Ezio and Altiar remain interesting. The city you can explore is fun to run and climb around and the combat is still as fluid as ever. The multiplayer is by far the better part of Revalations. It makes you feel truly like an assassins and is the most intense online experience I've had. Revalations is flawed and feels tired and outdated, but is still fun for die hard AC fans. Expand
  22. Mar 26, 2012
    With all the anticipating surrounding the game, expectations were high. When the time came when it was released, the game was a hit a miss. Definitely a lot of misses. In some respects the game felt unfinished and unrefined. Some parts of the story had some good ideas going, but the rest was plagued with a lot of repetition and undeveloped gameplay elements such as the tower and defense mode. The singleplayer part could have been much more successful if they had an additional 6 to 12 months to fine tune the ideas present in the game. The overall story arc is a brilliant idea, but it is just poorly executed in quite a few parts.
    Luckily, the multiplayer is where the game does redeem itself. It took the idea started in Brotherhood and refined it and did quite a good job doing so. The experience is much more smooth and queues for stunning have certainly improved greatly. The addition of more abilities fit in nicely while not sparking much balancing concerns. The only concern that is noteworthy is the crafting system, which improves existing abilities without any downside.
    Overall the game has it's good moments, but it definitely has a lot of bad ones. The multiplayer redeems it, but the poorly executed story is what weighs down this rating greatly. If you were a fan of the multiplayer in the last game, you will be more than satisfied, but don't go seeking for a enriching story experience along the lines of Assassin's Creed II or Brotherhood.
  23. Apr 6, 2012
    Gameplay: AC Revelations brings nothing new to the franchise: Bombs feel forced and are rarely useful, the den defense minigame is painful, and the hook blade is just the regular hidden blade, but oddly shaped (as a hook, to be precise).
    Everything else is exactly the same. Loved it in AC 2, but I was expecting something new from a new game that comes 2 years after.

Everything else is
    exactly the same. Loved it in AC 2, but I was expecting something new from a new game that comes out two years after.

Story: The story doesn't seem to find it's pace (Takes a lot of chapters to start, then ends abruplty) and no revelations were found, the plot pretty much stayed where Brotherhood left it. I would like to see more about the conflict between the Templars and the Assassins, and less from these Roman Gods with a (still) undefined role, but that's just me.
    The new characters are forgettable and the game felt way shorter than AC 2 or Brotherhood.
    Altair's side missions were nice, but too few and too short for my taste.

Graphics: I don't care about graphics, they seemed good enough for me, and I didn't experience any of the bugs that most people complain about.

I give it a 5 because the franchise is still fun. Would love to rate it higher but it felt rushed and didn't offer anything new to the table.
  24. Sep 21, 2012
    Assassin's Creed Revelations is disappointing game. No were near as good as 2 or Brotherhood. Its put me of the series quite a bit. Now i'm not saying you should not buy this game... its just it won't be as good as the other 2 games. Great gameplay and story, new content is not great, tower defence is just annoying but it's optional tho. Bombs are not great either, cool idea... but never used them, but the hook you get is great and helps a lot. The start is boring starts getting good in the middle and great and sad at the end. Overall a decent game but could be better. Assassin's Creed: Revelations 7.2/10 Expand
  25. Oct 13, 2012
    Bad game by ubisoft. REAL BAD. A very stupid story, no fun free mode, and still boring multiplayer. This game almost put an end to the franchise, literally. If there is one game in the series that you must buy, it is not this one.
  26. May 18, 2012
    Revelations is the best in the series by far. The bomb crafting and tower defense might have been a little off but the story was a fit ending for the series and the gameplay mechanics were a lot smoother than they were on Brotherhood.
  27. Sep 5, 2012
    Overall, I have no regrets buying this game. But part of me feels like it was made quickly to fill the gap between AC Brotherhood and AC3. (Not sure if AC3 or if there will be a different one still following Ezio's story.) It's still a great game, the campaign is a nice length, the multiplayer was fun, and you can replay it a few times and not get bored. Other than it felling like it could be a DLC for Brotherhood, it's still a great game. Expand
  28. Aug 3, 2012
    This one will be very short. I have not played any on the other Assassin's Creed games, so I went in expecting it to be exceptionally refined and giving the praise the series has garnered over the last few I thought it should be just short of a masterpiece. I played the opening mission... i thought the controls were... clunky at best. I gave myself about 30 minutes trying out the tutorials they offer, when back to the main game... still felt awful to play. I thought I would give it time, perhaps it would grow on me, and thus I was presented with the first open city. I climbed the first tall building, which was not exhilarating as i was hoping and the vista at the top was awfully dull. I went back down having no inclination to rinse and repeat this process across the city. I spoke to the gent who offered me a mission and to follow him, to which the game offered to relinquish control from me and watch to gents walk through an uninteresting town, babble on about nonsense which I assumed was relating to the not very captivating story (has it always been this bad?) and then be interrupted by the plain and simple bad combat. I was done.

The game was thankfully rented

Back in the envelope
  29. Mar 22, 2014
    Assassins Creed Revelations didn't really push the series to new heights, or innovate on sandbox games. My main problem with this game is the location it's set, Constantinople. It looked good, but felt uninteresting or unique. The story is one Revelations strong points, voice acting was still good, and the storytelling was decently paced. Still, I can't help but feel that this was just a weak spot in the franchise. Expand
  30. Oct 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have a lot of feelings regarding this game. Almost entirely negative. This is my favourite game series, and this came so close to ruining it for me. The hook blade is a fine addition, the ziplines are cool (though are rarely placed where you need them), it's kind of nice having a smoke bomb that has a wide area, but apart from that I'm drawing a blank on the 'pros'. Ezio is back, because they'd rather drag him out for an annoying third encore for the audience to sit and clap through even though their hands hurt than they would leave the audience wanting more. Some of the characters you meet are cool, but I wasn't really invested in any of them. Any familiar characters from Ezio's former stories are stripped away from you. They become nothing more than a 'My Dearest Claudia' in the letters which serve as a few underdone quasi cut scenes to take you to the next DNA sequence. The Altair memories which were to be the most exciting element of the game are some of the WORST moments. The story of Altair's life beyond the first game and codex pages of Assassin's Creed 2 is either boring or not fully thought out, I can't tell which. All they needed to do to make playing as Altair the most fantastic experience was to give us the ONE leap of faith taken when taking the shortest route through Masyaf in the first game. INSTEAD it was decided that his movements should, for the most part, be limited to an irritating shuffle. Uphill. For the entire memory. And even in these sections, familiar characters were culled. It's as if the game made a deliberate attempt to alienate any loyal players who'd stuck around since the first game. The games physical space, while gorgeous and brilliantly colourful, is very limiting, or at least feels it. Then comes the excursion to Cappadocia - this nearly saved the game for me, a big statement, trust me. Arriving on that boat and stepping out only to realise it was a Templar CITY - the Templar equivalent of Masyaf - sent a genuine chill down my spine. It got off to a great start too! It's actually my favourite map out of all the games so far, with San Gimignano only just pipping it as best map to play through missions in. It feels big, and it feels dangerous, and it feels wonderful. Then you meet a woman who doesn't seem to need your help, but you help her anyway - she's sassy and capable and the coolest character in the game. Then she disappears from the entire game, when, after being there for five minutes, you for no apparent reason set the entire city on fire, killing hundreds, and leave. Why? I really don't know. And this was just one of a few decisions the game makes for you against your will. Among others are an assassination target who is quite obviously innocent for at least half the time you know him. You are forced to kill him anyway, because the game thinks you don't know that yet. The game feels shockingly and awfully unfinished and lazy. Things are rushed, questions are unanswered, every second character or plot device is a massive cliche and whole chunks of it seem to just be missing. For example, a mission exists to enlist the help of the city's Romani population, however, the leaders of the thieves and mercenaries guilds alarmingly acted as though they knew who I was when I had never spoken to them once, in any game. They took away good features and replaced them with gratuitous ones, they took away good characters and barely replaced them at all, and after this whole depressing ordeal the plot was so forgettable that I can't for the life of me remember what the point of it all was. More than anything I just feel supremely betrayed by this game Expand
  31. Jan 31, 2014
    The storyline is always good and the multiplayer is enhanced and goes
    one step further................................................................
  32. Nov 7, 2013
    If anything, this game is both a step forward and a step back at the same time. This game more or less is almost exactly the same as AC2 & AC:BH. A few small additions, but they aren't that important or notable. The bomb making system seemed like a good idea, but is mostly needless for most of the game. Ezio feels really overpowered for a majority of the game.

Again I will state, there
    is technically nothing wrong with the game. Technically speaking everything is as good if not slightly better from being now polished to perfection. But it is still just more of the same.

This game could have been Ezio's grand finale, and they do him a great service, finishing him off in a grand and respectable way. Altair's end feels a little underwhelming and I can't help feel he got the short end of the writing stick.

Overall:
    Assasson's Creed: Revelations is a fantastic (much needed) conclusion to Ezio's story. A real shame it felt more like an expansion than a new game. Still, a fantastic addition and worth playing for the story alone.
  33. Oct 20, 2013
    Its a good game, but nothing makes it feel as great as its predecessors. Ezios story really drags here, but there are a few good moments that will stick. Altairs segments didnt reach the potential it could have been if the game was given more development time. It also feels shorter in overall length, but its still an AC2 era game so if you liked 2 and Brotherhood and this is on offer, give it a go. Expand
  34. Jun 25, 2013
    Assassin's Creed games have always had a certain quality about them that made each one unique from the last. The original set the stage for the franchise, the 2nd game greatly built upon the mechanics and setting of the first, and Brotherhood refined the gameplay, setting, and music of the 2nd game.
    So, what makes Assassin's Creed: Revelations unique? Bombs, Zip-lines, and tower defense.

The primary issue with this game is that it isn't very different. If anything, it feels like a large expansion pack for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. The gameplay nearly identical to that of prior games, only now with the inclusion of bombs and zip-lines, two items you won't use often. Granted, now you have the hook blade, but honestly it doesn't do much and it fails to spice up the gameplay.
    The only "fresh" idea added to the gameplay here is the tower defense game. However, this is actually quite boring and repetitious and it fails to add anything significant.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations does advance the plot of the Assassin's Creed series quite well. However, the plot is far from spectacular, and the story of this game really doesn't do much of anything interesting. It mainly sets the stage for later installments.

In my opinion, this is the weakest of the entries in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It's not a bad game, but if you play all the games leading up to it, Revelations is quite disappointing.
  35. Jul 28, 2013
    Finally got to play this installment of the Assassin’s Creed series and I sort of wish that I hadn’t. After playing through it, I seriously think a name change is in order from Revelations to Executive Administrator, because that’s what most of this game feels like.
    Following the story you get maybe 5 to 6 hours of game-play, but if you spend time looking for all the treasures, buying
    reel estate, hiring assassins and sending them on missions to various historical cities and leveling them up thereby functioning as mentor of said assassins so they can take over various assassins headquarters spread throughout the beautifully realized Constantinople, defending said headquarters in a rather flawed Tower Defense game, playing through the FPS Tetris/platform levels to restore Desmond’s memories etc. etc. etc. the game will probably last you about 14 to 15 hours if not more.
    Yes, most of the content in this game is actually blatant, inconsequential padding, which somehow also manages to have the extra benefit of being quite boring.
    Actually, I’m a bit ambivalent about this game. The story is pretty good and the game works when it remembers that it’s an Assassin’s Creed game and you actually get to assassinate someone, and we get to say goodbye to the two main characters of the previous games, Altair and Enzio. Their stories are wrapped up pretty well.
    However, this is marred by the endless padding of menial tasks you constantly find yourself doing and leads in my view to an overall very weak game, which lacks focus. It seems like Ubisoft were treading water, trying various stuff out without having an actual overall game plan. The administration of assassins is a perfect example of this. Let’s forgo the fact that the leveling up of the various henchmen is so superficial they might as well have left it out completely, but when the struggle for control of various major cities against the Templars feels more like sending out tax collectors, the entire idea is completely undermined. Unfortunately it’s the same with most of the other non-story driven events in the game.
    Also, the combat is in dire need of reinvention. When being surrounded by guards doesn’t inspire you to run away, but instead makes you shake your head, knowing full well there is no way in all hells ever invented by man to scare the living crap out of children that they will be able to kill you, followed by what is now nothing more than a mindless quick-time event (block combined with attack equals instant kill), there really is no sense of threat leading to no sense of excitement. And just in case it wasn’t easy enough you can even outsource your kills or most combat situations to your assassin henchmen (if they’re not busy collecting taxes, that is).
    Assassin’s Creed Revelations is fundamentally a rather mediocre and largely uninspired game in an amazingly beautiful and extremely well presented package and if it wasn’t for the story, there would be nothing for me to recommend (except the music).
  36. Aug 15, 2013
    I wanted to like this game far more than I did. The closure of Ezio's story was a fantastic piece of narration and storytelling, however the game didn't add enough to make it feel like an advancement from Brotherhood. The story kept me engaged up to just before the very end when things go a bit weird, however I just couldn't shake the feeling that I'd already played the game before.
  37. May 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Revelations didn't really add anything to the game play and just felt like another Assassin's Creed. To its credit, it added bomb customization (which is hilarious) a tower defense mini game (that doesn't belong in Assassin's Creed), and first person missions as Desmond but beyond that, it's just another Assassin's Creed. If you love Assassin's Creed you're going to enjoy it, but if you're hoping for anything new, then this isn't for you. This is the official point when Assassin's Creed has contracted Sequelitis and will end up being a franchise than a series of epic games. Expand
  38. Dec 4, 2013
    (8.5) When I started up this game I quickly felt that I was in store for much of the same as previous installments and whilst in terms of the core mechanics this is true, the game itself took very positive steps towards and more open and less repetitive model than the last 3 games. Firstly the storyline is the best so far, genuinely intriguing cross between all we have seen up to this point. The tower defence I felt was a very good idea but not very well executed and whilst the desmond memory game was a nice change of pace. Combine Mediterranean defence assassin quests and you had a plethora of different experiences to explore, for me that was what made this game the best assassin's creed game yet. Expand
  39. Jun 24, 2013
    What is this BS? This is not a sequel. This is the shame of the Assassin's Creed series. Yeah.. The gameplay is good....but it's story is the biggest poop I've ever played. Doesn't even fit into the brilliant Assassin's Creed storyline. And because of that for me AC:Rev dug his own grave.
  40. Aug 14, 2013
    This game kill my emotion to play AC, is kind of boring and very short, not like AC II and AC Brotherhood those are amazing games... This is not much recommended...
  41. Jan 25, 2014
    Let's Be completely honest - no one gives a **** about desmond, but i have to give credit to his remade face model, so that the first thing I noticed this game has recieved an amazing graphics improvemnt from brotherhood, It makes desmond and ezio and altiar look so lifelike, speaking of altiar. This game does an amazing job of rounding up both ezio and altair's life, but why did they give altair a different voice actor, he sounds like that "Greenday Singer with the Cold", it's just so offputing if you ever finished the first assassin's creed like i did . anyway they even bothered to give him another love interest - Sofia Saltor, and gave a deeper insight to altair's life, and the gameplay is a huge plus - nice work Ubisoft, 2 weapon wheels are Great, and than there's the new inclusion the WABBAJACK,... Just kidding the hookblade, which obviously hooks on to things to fling off them and still be used as a hidden blade, In stores now for a mere 800 Australain Dollars - sorry american paper notes. This takes all of Assassin's Creed's past achievments and incorperates them in to a game to remember. And i firmly think it is the best game of the series. Expand
  42. Oct 27, 2013
    after releasing the two greatest games on the franchise this assassin's creed promised a lot,but the game wasn't what every person was expecting,it was on of the most disapointing games ever made.
  43. Nov 1, 2013
    This game has to be the worst this franchise has ever witnessed, I believe it to be just a simple yet boring dlc to Assassins Creed Brotherhood. It virtually copies everything in that game yet makes it somehow even easier. It does improve slightly with the assassin recruits but makes them more of a tedious chore for those who played ACB
  44. Nov 24, 2013
    Ubisoft is a good developer, but yet again another AC release that is an overpriced DLC to the second one. They must have really needed money to this one considering it still plays the same. If you really want to know the story of this game I would say wiki it or youtube the cinematics that way you can save yourself some time and money. However if you ungodly love the series soooooo much then go ahead and shell out your bills like its your favorite stripper at the stripclub.

Considering i'm not a fan of stripclubs (not gay) and consider them a waste of money you can see why i'm not into this installment.

However I do Love AC and love all of them except the first one.
  45. Jan 16, 2012

1. Jan 30, 2012
    If you are already invested in the series then playing Revelations isn't even an option - it's mandatory. The story is just too important, and frankly, this is the best in the series when it comes to story and action sequences, and not even misplaced tower defense distraction and endless city domination missions can hold it back.
    Before its release we prayed Revelations to become a true ending of series. Now we can only hope this wasn't the last time we met Ezio. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    As it stands Assassin's Creed: Revelations is worth playing, but not as a premium title. The content is thin, the game isn't as interesting, and Ubisoft shouldn't have diluted the game to make a yearly cycle. In a glut of other games to buy during the holiday season, it just doesn't stand out as a must-have.