7.1

1. Nov 24, 2013
    Ubisoft is a good developer, but yet again another AC release that is an overpriced DLC to the second one. They must have really needed money to this one considering it still plays the same. If you really want to know the story of this game I would say wiki it or youtube the cinematics that way you can save yourself some time and money. However if you ungodly love the series soooooo much then go ahead and shell out your bills like its your favorite stripper at the stripclub.

Considering i'm not a fan of stripclubs (not gay) and consider them a waste of money you can see why i'm not into this installment.

However I do Love AC and love all of them except the first one.
  2. Nov 1, 2013
    This game has to be the worst this franchise has ever witnessed, I believe it to be just a simple yet boring dlc to Assassins Creed Brotherhood. It virtually copies everything in that game yet makes it somehow even easier. It does improve slightly with the assassin recruits but makes them more of a tedious chore for those who played ACB
  3. Jun 24, 2013
    What is this BS? This is not a sequel. This is the shame of the Assassin's Creed series. Yeah.. The gameplay is good....but it's story is the biggest poop I've ever played. Doesn't even fit into the brilliant Assassin's Creed storyline. And because of that for me AC:Rev dug his own grave.
  4. Oct 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have a lot of feelings regarding this game. Almost entirely negative. This is my favourite game series, and this came so close to ruining it for me. The hook blade is a fine addition, the ziplines are cool (though are rarely placed where you need them), it's kind of nice having a smoke bomb that has a wide area, but apart from that I'm drawing a blank on the 'pros'. Ezio is back, because they'd rather drag him out for an annoying third encore for the audience to sit and clap through even though their hands hurt than they would leave the audience wanting more. Some of the characters you meet are cool, but I wasn't really invested in any of them. Any familiar characters from Ezio's former stories are stripped away from you. They become nothing more than a 'My Dearest Claudia' in the letters which serve as a few underdone quasi cut scenes to take you to the next DNA sequence. The Altair memories which were to be the most exciting element of the game are some of the WORST moments. The story of Altair's life beyond the first game and codex pages of Assassin's Creed 2 is either boring or not fully thought out, I can't tell which. All they needed to do to make playing as Altair the most fantastic experience was to give us the ONE leap of faith taken when taking the shortest route through Masyaf in the first game. INSTEAD it was decided that his movements should, for the most part, be limited to an irritating shuffle. Uphill. For the entire memory. And even in these sections, familiar characters were culled. It's as if the game made a deliberate attempt to alienate any loyal players who'd stuck around since the first game. The games physical space, while gorgeous and brilliantly colourful, is very limiting, or at least feels it. Then comes the excursion to Cappadocia - this nearly saved the game for me, a big statement, trust me. Arriving on that boat and stepping out only to realise it was a Templar CITY - the Templar equivalent of Masyaf - sent a genuine chill down my spine. It got off to a great start too! It's actually my favourite map out of all the games so far, with San Gimignano only just pipping it as best map to play through missions in. It feels big, and it feels dangerous, and it feels wonderful. Then you meet a woman who doesn't seem to need your help, but you help her anyway - she's sassy and capable and the coolest character in the game. Then she disappears from the entire game, when, after being there for five minutes, you for no apparent reason set the entire city on fire, killing hundreds, and leave. Why? I really don't know. And this was just one of a few decisions the game makes for you against your will. Among others are an assassination target who is quite obviously innocent for at least half the time you know him. You are forced to kill him anyway, because the game thinks you don't know that yet. The game feels shockingly and awfully unfinished and lazy. Things are rushed, questions are unanswered, every second character or plot device is a massive cliche and whole chunks of it seem to just be missing. For example, a mission exists to enlist the help of the city's Romani population, however, the leaders of the thieves and mercenaries guilds alarmingly acted as though they knew who I was when I had never spoken to them once, in any game. They took away good features and replaced them with gratuitous ones, they took away good characters and barely replaced them at all, and after this whole depressing ordeal the plot was so forgettable that I can't for the life of me remember what the point of it all was. More than anything I just feel supremely betrayed by this game Expand
  5. Aug 3, 2012
    This one will be very short. I have not played any on the other Assassin's Creed games, so I went in expecting it to be exceptionally refined and giving the praise the series has garnered over the last few I thought it should be just short of a masterpiece. I played the opening mission... i thought the controls were... clunky at best. I gave myself about 30 minutes trying out the tutorials they offer, when back to the main game... still felt awful to play. I thought I would give it time, perhaps it would grow on me, and thus I was presented with the first open city. I climbed the first tall building, which was not exhilarating as i was hoping and the vista at the top was awfully dull. I went back down having no inclination to rinse and repeat this process across the city. I spoke to the gent who offered me a mission and to follow him, to which the game offered to relinquish control from me and watch to gents walk through an uninteresting town, babble on about nonsense which I assumed was relating to the not very captivating story (has it always been this bad?) and then be interrupted by the plain and simple bad combat. I was done.

The game was thankfully rented

Back in the envelope
  6. Mar 5, 2012
    poor game in a series that has gone stale. Dont believe any hype , the franchise , just like Call of Duty has become mass produced and dull.Dont buy this game
  7. Jan 6, 2012
    i hate the assassins creed games they are not really that fun all three games are the same story repeated it all around are horrible games so it does not shock me that this one is bad
  8. Jan 4, 2012
    The additions are laughably bad. Den Defense is a poorly implemented tower defense mini-game, bombs are pointless considering all the other weapons you already had from previous games, and the Desmond sequences are mind-numbingly boring. The development team clearly ran out of ideas with this one. Save your money, and pick up AC2 for $10 (or less), which is the only good one of the series.
  9. Dec 31, 2011
    This was an absolutely unnecessary game to release to continue the AC storyline. The fact that hardly anything new was added to the combat is the straw that breaks the camels back for me. Look, I loved AC 2 and I thought Brotherhood was a good enough followup to wrap up Ezio's story. However this game was not necessary and it really does seem they put the minimum amount of effort into making this game. It truly is almost a copy-paste of Brotherhood with only some minor things added in here and there. I think it's not right what they are doing to this franchise by releasing a new rehashed game every year as if it's some sort of sports franchise. This franchise deserves better and I can only hope they really go all out for AC 3 and not release anymore of these follow up stories. Expand
  10. Dec 27, 2011
    I played this game right after my second playthrough of AC II. I have to say, this game took the maturity of the Assassin's Creed franchise and transformed it into an adolescent action/adventure American piece of garbage. How come the director of Far Cry 2, which is a mediocre FPS and Tennis Masters series took the position of directing one of the biggest and best franchises in the videogame industry is still a mystery to me. Also before I finish my review, for anyone that knows mediterranean history, this game has some serious flaws in presenting what exactly the Ottomans/Turks were and most importantly, how civilized they were. I also find it funny that in Italy of Renaissance the guards didn't have any weapons but at the same time in Turkey, which was in the middle ages at that time, they had found rifles! In the end, one thing I learned from the Assassin's Creed series is: Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. And I use my critical thinking in everything. Thank you Ubisoft for teaching me how to do it. :P Here's looking forward to the next series by Patrice DÃ Expand
  11. Dec 17, 2011
    You know how when someone uploads a Youtube video, but flips the screen first, so they can't get sued for copyright? Compared to the original, that's about how different this game is from it's predecessors. Just like MW3..it's the SAAAAAAME thing over and over again so they can have a yearly release with nothing new being offered to the customer. BOOORING.
  12. Dec 13, 2011
    I must give 0 points just to correct the average score...I know, the ones who liked the game gave 10 though it wasn't worth it neither. In fact it is a 75-85% Game! This game is far too short, it is far too easy and there is no **** story at all! AC2 ist one of my favorite gtames of all time. Brotherhood was also great. But it was for the reason, that both games combinded two Storys and many epoches. Not just the high medieval age and modern times, but any epoche thinkable with those glyphs.

You'll miss it all in Revelations. Press two buttons and win the game in less than 3 or 4 Hours....
  13. Nov 23, 2011
    This review is for the campaign only.

This is not a sequel in any sense of the word except for the fact that it somewhat furthers the story. Sadly, not much is really solved, and the game is very tedious. The mechanics to maintain "dens" are very annoying after the first handful of times because of how long it takes to get these dens secured by your own assassins. There's also a
    metagame in which you fight for control over the Mediterranean by sending your assassins off to complete missions and capture cities. Again, templars can retake anything you take, so expect to find yourself needing to stop the main quest repeatedly to take care of your fellow assassins and your duty as peacekeeper of the Mediterranean.

Not much new is introduced. Bombs are very fun, but you'll likely end up just using the weaponry from Brotherhood. The enhanced climbing is nice, but it feels less solid than Brotherhood and AC2. I have found myself getting quite frustrated at Ezio jumping away from structures when I was very clearly pushing up on the joystick. Honestly, I can't think of anything else that is new. Oh, ziplines from building to building. In my opinion, the metagames have become more annoying and intrusive, and the new additions are not enough to outweigh how heavily this game feels like Brotherhood. I found Brotherhood to be a worthy sequel to AC2. It introduced much more to the series.

I am giving this game a 4/10 as a sequel, and 9/10 as an expansion pack. I really cannot justify $60 for this game, though. Brotherhood, yes; a small expansion pack for Brotherhood, no. I have not played the multiplayer, but from what I have seen it appears very similar to Brotherhood with a few new modes.

Rent this one if you want. Otherwise, just read up on the story. Ah well, maybe the next installment will be better.
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the worst Assassin's Creed ever made. It just spoil all the previous games because they made too many terrible changes to this game.

The best thing about this game are the soundtrack (wich is physically missing on the collector's edition) and the multiplayer mode improvements.

About the story, nothing relevant is revealed in this game, so, if you are looking for answers you're
    not going to find any, indeed there's some big plot holes that I doubt they will be answered in future games.

Also, there's a big downgrade in some design aspects of the game, the most notorious is the NEW Desmond face that ruined his part of game experience. (Ubisoft said that is because of an "upgraded" facial recognition technology, but don't make laugh, he looks like a surgery went wrong...) He is not Desmond anymore.
    Also, some parts of the city, multiplayer characters as well Ezio costumes are awfully designed.

I hope they can recover the quality of the previous ones for the next and last AC.
  15. Nov 19, 2011
    Everything was grand until I came to Desmond's memory things. Nothing could have broken the flow of that game like those. They're actually painful to play and game would have been a solid 9 without them. It just ruins the immersion of the game.
  16. Nov 16, 2011
    ubisoft needs to stop make this game, period, its to damn redundant, and they need to stop pushing back games that are actually good, like rainbow six and ghost recon, ghost recon has been pushed back, going on six years, and rainbow going six years when 2013 hits because that is the year when the new one comes out, it pisses me off how ubisoft do not prioritized when comes down to what game should come first before another one. Expand
  17. Nov 16, 2011
    Since this game is an annual release, I judge it on a different basis. Releasing a game each year is a daunting task, and to do it 4 years in a row (game is confirmed for next year) and with a production coming from 6 studios worldwide, this game is certainly impressive. Where it fails, much like all yearly releases, is innovation. This game offers nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics. Tower defense? We've seen that a million times before, and executed better. The hook blade? In terms of combat it offers some flashy, yet shallow moves, and in terms of transportation, zip-lines aren't exactly revolutionary either(The saboteur comes to mind, and that game rocks). Bomb crafting, seriously? Touting grenades as new and innovative? Give me a break.

I'm not saying I need something as mind blowing as the original, but something at least as cool as calling in fellow assassins from brotherhood would suffice(although that level up minigame was a time wasting pain) Multiplayer still feels wrong, it's all guesswork and random one hit kills from random characters shanking you, but I still think it has potential for a future game with a development time beyond one year.

It's hard to say this is a rental, because the game will last you a good 12-18 hours, but it's hard to recommend it as a purchase, because you are paying 60$ for what honestly feels like one giant expansion pack. I heard there are going to be black friday deals at best buy and other places for this game new for 35$ which I would suggest getting it then.
  18. Nov 16, 2011
    Its no doubt 'Quite' a good game,but the trouble is we've seen this all before,SO many times now..It suffers from what i call CODitus.A perfectly compotent game,but has gotten old by releasing near enough the same game every year.Makes me realise what the phrase 'Familiarity breeds contempt' means.
  19. Nov 15, 2011
    Copy and paste from the previous titles, unoriginal in content and story. Same missions all built around you flipping and jumping off of stuff. Save your money and just buy one of the older titles used for half the price....its basically the same game.
  20. Nov 20, 2011

1. Jan 30, 2012
    If you are already invested in the series then playing Revelations isn't even an option - it's mandatory. The story is just too important, and frankly, this is the best in the series when it comes to story and action sequences, and not even misplaced tower defense distraction and endless city domination missions can hold it back.
    Before its release we prayed Revelations to become a true ending of series. Now we can only hope this wasn't the last time we met Ezio. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    As it stands Assassin's Creed: Revelations is worth playing, but not as a premium title. The content is thin, the game isn't as interesting, and Ubisoft shouldn't have diluted the game to make a yearly cycle. In a glut of other games to buy during the holiday season, it just doesn't stand out as a must-have.