7.1

1. Apr 3, 2015
    Once again this is Assassin's Creed 2 repackaged!

Good game nonetheless, and you should get it just for the plot. Ezio's story is tied up beautifully in this game, and is a fitting last game for one of the best characters in video game history. Also you get to play more in the modern day, which is always interesting. Other than that there is nothing else to comment as there is
    Once again this is Assassin's Creed 2 repackaged!

Other than that there is nothing else to comment as there is nothing new. Same gameplay mechanics, same graphics. It's a tried and tested formula, that works, even if the developers stayed deeply in their comfort zones to make this game.

If you are a fan of the series, get the game. Just don't expect something amazingly different.
  2. Dec 6, 2014
    Revelations is the weakest of the Ezio trilogy, but we still await the next Assassin's Creed game feeling satisfied. The new mechanics are nothing special but the coming together of Altair and Ezio's stories is more than enough to have you cracking a smile.
  3. Mar 22, 2014
    Assassins Creed Revelations didn't really push the series to new heights, or innovate on sandbox games. My main problem with this game is the location it's set, Constantinople. It looked good, but felt uninteresting or unique. The story is one Revelations strong points, voice acting was still good, and the storytelling was decently paced. Still, I can't help but feel that this was just aAssassins Creed Revelations didn't really push the series to new heights, or innovate on sandbox games. My main problem with this game is the location it's set, Constantinople. It looked good, but felt uninteresting or unique. The story is one Revelations strong points, voice acting was still good, and the storytelling was decently paced. Still, I can't help but feel that this was just a weak spot in the franchise. Expand
  4. Oct 27, 2013
    after releasing the two greatest games on the franchise this assassin's creed promised a lot,but the game wasn't what every person was expecting,it was on of the most disapointing games ever made.
  5. Oct 20, 2013
    Its a good game, but nothing makes it feel as great as its predecessors. Ezios story really drags here, but there are a few good moments that will stick. Altairs segments didnt reach the potential it could have been if the game was given more development time. It also feels shorter in overall length, but its still an AC2 era game so if you liked 2 and Brotherhood and this is on offer, giveIts a good game, but nothing makes it feel as great as its predecessors. Ezios story really drags here, but there are a few good moments that will stick. Altairs segments didnt reach the potential it could have been if the game was given more development time. It also feels shorter in overall length, but its still an AC2 era game so if you liked 2 and Brotherhood and this is on offer, give it a go. Expand
  6. Aug 15, 2013
    I wanted to like this game far more than I did. The closure of Ezio's story was a fantastic piece of narration and storytelling, however the game didn't add enough to make it feel like an advancement from Brotherhood. The story kept me engaged up to just before the very end when things go a bit weird, however I just couldn't shake the feeling that I'd already played the game before.
  7. Aug 14, 2013
    This game kill my emotion to play AC, is kind of boring and very short, not like AC II and AC Brotherhood those are amazing games... This is not much recommended...
  8. Jul 28, 2013
    Finally got to play this installment of the Assassin’s Creed series and I sort of wish that I hadn’t. After playing through it, I seriously think a name change is in order from Revelations to Executive Administrator, because that’s what most of this game feels like.
    Following the story you get maybe 5 to 6 hours of game-play, but if you spend time looking for all the treasures, buying reel estate, hiring assassins and sending them on missions to various historical cities and leveling them up thereby functioning as mentor of said assassins so they can take over various assassins headquarters spread throughout the beautifully realized Constantinople, defending said headquarters in a rather flawed Tower Defense game, playing through the FPS Tetris/platform levels to restore Desmond’s memories etc. etc. etc. the game will probably last you about 14 to 15 hours if not more.
    Yes, most of the content in this game is actually blatant, inconsequential padding, which somehow also manages to have the extra benefit of being quite boring.
    Actually, I’m a bit ambivalent about this game. The story is pretty good and the game works when it remembers that it’s an Assassin’s Creed game and you actually get to assassinate someone, and we get to say goodbye to the two main characters of the previous games, Altair and Enzio. Their stories are wrapped up pretty well.
    However, this is marred by the endless padding of menial tasks you constantly find yourself doing and leads in my view to an overall very weak game, which lacks focus. It seems like Ubisoft were treading water, trying various stuff out without having an actual overall game plan. The administration of assassins is a perfect example of this. Let’s forgo the fact that the leveling up of the various henchmen is so superficial they might as well have left it out completely, but when the struggle for control of various major cities against the Templars feels more like sending out tax collectors, the entire idea is completely undermined. Unfortunately it’s the same with most of the other non-story driven events in the game.
    Also, the combat is in dire need of reinvention. When being surrounded by guards doesn’t inspire you to run away, but instead makes you shake your head, knowing full well there is no way in all hells ever invented by man to scare the living crap out of children that they will be able to kill you, followed by what is now nothing more than a mindless quick-time event (block combined with attack equals instant kill), there really is no sense of threat leading to no sense of excitement. And just in case it wasn’t easy enough you can even outsource your kills or most combat situations to your assassin henchmen (if they’re not busy collecting taxes, that is).
    Assassin’s Creed Revelations is fundamentally a rather mediocre and largely uninspired game in an amazingly beautiful and extremely well presented package and if it wasn’t for the story, there would be nothing for me to recommend (except the music).
  9. Jun 25, 2013
    Assassin's Creed games have always had a certain quality about them that made each one unique from the last. The original set the stage for the franchise, the 2nd game greatly built upon the mechanics and setting of the first, and Brotherhood refined the gameplay, setting, and music of the 2nd game.
    So, what makes Assassin's Creed: Revelations unique? Bombs, Zip-lines, and tower defense.

The primary issue with this game is that it isn't very different. If anything, it feels like a large expansion pack for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. The gameplay nearly identical to that of prior games, only now with the inclusion of bombs and zip-lines, two items you won't use often. Granted, now you have the hook blade, but honestly it doesn't do much and it fails to spice up the gameplay.
    The only "fresh" idea added to the gameplay here is the tower defense game. However, this is actually quite boring and repetitious and it fails to add anything significant.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations does advance the plot of the Assassin's Creed series quite well. However, the plot is far from spectacular, and the story of this game really doesn't do much of anything interesting. It mainly sets the stage for later installments.

In my opinion, this is the weakest of the entries in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It's not a bad game, but if you play all the games leading up to it, Revelations is quite disappointing.
  10. May 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Revelations didn't really add anything to the game play and just felt like another Assassin's Creed. To its credit, it added bomb customization (which is hilarious) a tower defense mini game (that doesn't belong in Assassin's Creed), and first person missions as Desmond but beyond that, it's just another Assassin's Creed. If you love Assassin's Creed you're going to enjoyAssassin's Creed Revelations didn't really add anything to the game play and just felt like another Assassin's Creed. To its credit, it added bomb customization (which is hilarious) a tower defense mini game (that doesn't belong in Assassin's Creed), and first person missions as Desmond but beyond that, it's just another Assassin's Creed. If you love Assassin's Creed you're going to enjoy it, but if you're hoping for anything new, then this isn't for you. This is the official point when Assassin's Creed has contracted Sequelitis and will end up being a franchise than a series of epic games. Expand
  11. Nov 2, 2012
    This is more of a story game. You only stay in Constantinople (kind of like Rome in Brotherhood) and there are little to no side quests. Constantinople's skyline in somewhat interesting, with the bazaar and palaces, but you can't really shake the feeling that it seems the same across the map. the hookblade is fun to use (zip-lines! wewt) and the bombs make for an interesting experience.This is more of a story game. You only stay in Constantinople (kind of like Rome in Brotherhood) and there are little to no side quests. Constantinople's skyline in somewhat interesting, with the bazaar and palaces, but you can't really shake the feeling that it seems the same across the map. the hookblade is fun to use (zip-lines! wewt) and the bombs make for an interesting experience. the story was pretty interesting if you're wondering what is happening with Ezio and you will not understand the beginning of AC3 without it. The Altiar were disappointing, being only one sequence long each. the multiplayer is pretty fun, putting away the "target compass" from brotherhood and requiring you to pay attention to your surroundings. Overall, this game only exists for the story, and once you finish it, you really just end up putting it down Expand
  12. Nov 2, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is a decent follow-up to Brotherhood, but it feels tired and very abrupt due to it's short gameplay and quick ending. This is evidence that the Assassin's Creed franchise is unfortunately starting to decline.
  13. Oct 13, 2012
    Bad game by ubisoft. REAL BAD. A very stupid story, no fun free mode, and still boring multiplayer. This game almost put an end to the franchise, literally. If there is one game in the series that you must buy, it is not this one.
  14. Oct 6, 2012
    This game could be amazing if there wasn't so much time waiting for the good stuff to come. Instead of adding pointless and tedious features such as the den defence or the contracts from "brotherhood", Ubisoft should have focused it's budget in better handcrafted level design, more story, and better game mechanics. There are (still) far too many wtf moments when you try to climb and EzioThis game could be amazing if there wasn't so much time waiting for the good stuff to come. Instead of adding pointless and tedious features such as the den defence or the contracts from "brotherhood", Ubisoft should have focused it's budget in better handcrafted level design, more story, and better game mechanics. There are (still) far too many wtf moments when you try to climb and Ezio jumps to the opposite side... and the stealth system (if it can be called that) is far too rudimentary. The game has some great moments indeed, but what happens in between is quite boring. Still, if you like the previous AC you should enjoy this one. Let's hope AC3 is a better and refined version of AC Revelations, instad of another copy and paste. Expand
  15. Sep 21, 2012
    Assassin's Creed Revelations is disappointing game. No were near as good as 2 or Brotherhood. Its put me of the series quite a bit. Now i'm not saying you should not buy this game... its just it won't be as good as the other 2 games. Great gameplay and story, new content is not great, tower defence is just annoying but it's optional tho. Bombs are not great either, cool idea... but neverAssassin's Creed Revelations is disappointing game. No were near as good as 2 or Brotherhood. Its put me of the series quite a bit. Now i'm not saying you should not buy this game... its just it won't be as good as the other 2 games. Great gameplay and story, new content is not great, tower defence is just annoying but it's optional tho. Bombs are not great either, cool idea... but never used them, but the hook you get is great and helps a lot. The start is boring starts getting good in the middle and great and sad at the end. Overall a decent game but could be better. Assassin's Creed: Revelations 7.2/10 Expand
  16. Sep 5, 2012
    Overall, I have no regrets buying this game. But part of me feels like it was made quickly to fill the gap between AC Brotherhood and AC3. (Not sure if AC3 or if there will be a different one still following Ezio's story.) It's still a great game, the campaign is a nice length, the multiplayer was fun, and you can replay it a few times and not get bored. Other than it felling like it couldOverall, I have no regrets buying this game. But part of me feels like it was made quickly to fill the gap between AC Brotherhood and AC3. (Not sure if AC3 or if there will be a different one still following Ezio's story.) It's still a great game, the campaign is a nice length, the multiplayer was fun, and you can replay it a few times and not get bored. Other than it felling like it could be a DLC for Brotherhood, it's still a great game. Expand
  17. Sep 3, 2012
    Sorry for all gamers who bought this one at release day: A copy of the copy...when bought some months later, it`s a nice extension to the Enzio Auditore storyline, but still not a hit.
  18. Aug 7, 2012
    The game had a few new aspects that made it an enjoyable experience, the story still being very well made and all, but being the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed series, it sort of felt a little repetitive, the gameplay and voice acting did not change very much since the first.
  19. Jul 24, 2012
    Well when I got the game I had high hopes. Then when I played the game those hopes faded. The game is beutiful and has a pretty good story. Although the characters in the game seem a little dull. A big down side to the game is that there wasn't much introduced that was new. Sure the Assassins Creed saga is innovative but it hasn't changed much. This game didn't really have much that couldWell when I got the game I had high hopes. Then when I played the game those hopes faded. The game is beutiful and has a pretty good story. Although the characters in the game seem a little dull. A big down side to the game is that there wasn't much introduced that was new. Sure the Assassins Creed saga is innovative but it hasn't changed much. This game didn't really have much that could draw me back to playing. The story was good but wasn't exciting and deep. The gameplay got repetitive once I played it for a while. There just wasn't anything interesting going on in the game. It took me literally a month to finish the game because I wasn't very interested in it after a while of playing. I don't know what I is with this Assassins Creed but it's lacking. I'll give it a 7/10 but I would prefer playing the first and second games before considering to buy this one. Expand
  20. Apr 28, 2012
    Ubisoft has managed to destroy the last remnants of the AC game. It started going downhill after AC2 and it has official hit bottom. The only redeeming quality of this game is the new setting. Everything else is junk. If there is anything I would ask Ubisoft to do is not finish AC3 so we don't have to live through yet another disaster. Everything that made the first 2 AC games hasUbisoft has managed to destroy the last remnants of the AC game. It started going downhill after AC2 and it has official hit bottom. The only redeeming quality of this game is the new setting. Everything else is junk. If there is anything I would ask Ubisoft to do is not finish AC3 so we don't have to live through yet another disaster. Everything that made the first 2 AC games has been pretty much stripped out in lieu of combat-heavy action scenes mixed with a strategy game that nobody asked for and does not fit logically into the story. Den defense is stupid, not fun, (fortunately) ignorable and adds nothing to the game.

The story continues to be convoluted to the point of uninteresting. It is clear the writers have come up with some cool concept for the finale and are just making stuff up to fill in the blanks until they get there. The Desmond portions continue to be dull, stupid and a complete break from the actual story. If Desmond never came back in subsequent games it would be an improvement but that is unlikely to happen. More likely he'll get more screen time. That is unfortunate because he's an idiot and wouldn't even survive in the real world.

The vehicle sections are, fortunately, very few in this game but they still are horrible. I cringe every time I have to play them. Most sequences also continue to have challenges which are really nothing more than extra requirements to get 100%. I see them as a ploy to increase advertised playtime rather than adding any real value. Most of them go in the very face of what an assassin would want. Fortunately they are rather easy this time compared to previous iterations but they still add little value. This brings me to the combat which mostly states the same as previous games even with the advent of the hookblade which has little value in the game. If I were an assassin would I really want to draw so much attention to myself that I would need/want to fight 4+ guards at once? It's like the devs want to create an FPS so they rely more heavily on combat than stealth. Fortunately they haven't managed to break the combat system too much yet.

Perhaps the worse part of the whole game (and series) is that they continue to have the same poor AI that has been in previous iterations. Do us a favor Ubisoft, fix the AI issues rather than adding crappy new features nobody asked for. Halfway up a tower where a fall would kill me and I press the jump button to leap up to the next ledge should do that every time, not just if I have the direction pad pushed in the correct direction. Because logically there would be some time where I might want to be high enough up that I would want to jump to my death. Some common sense here would go a long way.

Also continuing with this series is the annoying problem of Ezio failing to enter combat mode in some cases. He'll just refuse to do anything until he gets hit. Fix the bugs!!!!

If you have liked the Ezio series and you want more of the same then by all means play this game. But if you're tired of Ezio (because he's had about 2 games too many), think the newer combat stuff is horrible or just want a real sleath game then go elsewhere.
  21. Apr 6, 2012
    Gameplay: AC Revelations brings nothing new to the franchise: Bombs feel forced and are rarely useful, the den defense minigame is painful, and the hook blade is just the regular hidden blade, but oddly shaped (as a hook, to be precise).
    Everything else is exactly the same. Loved it in AC 2, but I was expecting something new from a new game that comes 2 years after.
    Everything else is

Everything else is exactly the same. Loved it in AC 2, but I was expecting something new from a new game that comes out two years after.

Story: The story doesn't seem to find it's pace (Takes a lot of chapters to start, then ends abruplty) and no revelations were found, the plot pretty much stayed where Brotherhood left it. I would like to see more about the conflict between the Templars and the Assassins, and less from these Roman Gods with a (still) undefined role, but that's just me.
    The new characters are forgettable and the game felt way shorter than AC 2 or Brotherhood.
    Altair's side missions were nice, but too few and too short for my taste.

Graphics: I don't care about graphics, they seemed good enough for me, and I didn't experience any of the bugs that most people complain about.

I give it a 5 because the franchise is still fun. Would love to rate it higher but it felt rushed and didn't offer anything new to the table.
  22. Mar 26, 2012
    With all the anticipating surrounding the game, expectations were high. When the time came when it was released, the game was a hit a miss. Definitely a lot of misses. In some respects the game felt unfinished and unrefined. Some parts of the story had some good ideas going, but the rest was plagued with a lot of repetition and undeveloped gameplay elements such as the tower and defenseWith all the anticipating surrounding the game, expectations were high. When the time came when it was released, the game was a hit a miss. Definitely a lot of misses. In some respects the game felt unfinished and unrefined. Some parts of the story had some good ideas going, but the rest was plagued with a lot of repetition and undeveloped gameplay elements such as the tower and defense mode. The singleplayer part could have been much more successful if they had an additional 6 to 12 months to fine tune the ideas present in the game. The overall story arc is a brilliant idea, but it is just poorly executed in quite a few parts.
    Luckily, the multiplayer is where the game does redeem itself. It took the idea started in Brotherhood and refined it and did quite a good job doing so. The experience is much more smooth and queues for stunning have certainly improved greatly. The addition of more abilities fit in nicely while not sparking much balancing concerns. The only concern that is noteworthy is the crafting system, which improves existing abilities without any downside.
    Overall the game has it's good moments, but it definitely has a lot of bad ones. The multiplayer redeems it, but the poorly executed story is what weighs down this rating greatly. If you were a fan of the multiplayer in the last game, you will be more than satisfied, but don't go seeking for a enriching story experience along the lines of Assassin's Creed II or Brotherhood.
  23. Mar 22, 2012
    This is the biggest game of all Assassins Creed to date, lots of side missions and things to see and do, and a huge map spanning 2 districts of Constantinople but this is by far my least favirote game in the series. The story feels strained and alot of the time you find yourself doing things with no motivation, often you will find yourself asking "why am I doing this again" and "who am IThis is the biggest game of all Assassins Creed to date, lots of side missions and things to see and do, and a huge map spanning 2 districts of Constantinople but this is by far my least favirote game in the series. The story feels strained and alot of the time you find yourself doing things with no motivation, often you will find yourself asking "why am I doing this again" and "who am I fighting" It is really that unclear. The gameplay is the same apart from a few token improvements like the hookblade and bombs. Whilst fun these elements aren't needed and they're just an excuse to change it up a bit. The music is good and it still retains the AC flavour but the entire game feels like Ubisoft trying to rinse as much money as they can from Ezio and co before they move on. It is an interesting game if you want the full AC experience and the characters of Ezio and Altiar remain interesting. The city you can explore is fun to run and climb around and the combat is still as fluid as ever. The multiplayer is by far the better part of Revalations. It makes you feel truly like an assassins and is the most intense online experience I've had. Revalations is flawed and feels tired and outdated, but is still fun for die hard AC fans. Expand
  24. Mar 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An overall mediocre game and put simply, a disappointment... The setting of the game is placed nicely and is well thought-out, however that seems to be about it. With almost an entirely different new set of characters, this is by no means bad, but the sudden cut from the characters whom we have grown fond of in AC:2 and AC:Brotherhood is extremely dispiriting and it prevents you from really getting a connection with the newer characters. The Desmond sub-plot is an extremely boring and does not really help in understanding Desmond's life at all. The death of Lucy, along with how she was cast aside afterwards, and only briefly mentioned once or twice makes fans feel that the game is rushed. The Altair sub-plot however is very engaging and put simply... fun. The gameplay mechanics is fairly smooth, glitches do occur quite often, but nothing that's stopping you from the actual gameplay. The main issue is the lack of support for Assassin's, throughout the game templar after templar get's killed, and in their dying moments they share how they see the world and why templars should use fear and control, the Assassin's only response only seems to be "Requiescat in Pace", nothing more, and the recital of their "creed" and that makes the character feel, that are the Assassin's really on the side of the just and is doing the world a favor. Expand
  25. Feb 5, 2012
    Decent game, not worth $60 though.
    Everything seems familiar, and feels rushed.
    I felt like they were trying to end Ezio's story way to fast, and rushed the game and ended up creating a bad game. Everything is nearly the same from previous, but Assassins Creed has been one of my favorite series, but this one disappointed me in many ways. Like adding that new mode to defend your dens, that
    Decent game, not worth $60 though.
    Everything seems familiar, and feels rushed.
    Everything is nearly the same from previous, but Assassins Creed has been one of my favorite series, but this one disappointed me in many ways. Like adding that new mode to defend your dens, that was unneeded, just a waste of time.
    If this is going to be your first Assassins Creed, then don't buy it, you will be confused if you haven't played previous ones.
    I love the Assassins Creed series, I love it's combat even if it's really easy, there is just something about it that makes it SO enjoyable to see your enemy die that way.
    I am going to give Assassins Creed another chance, and buy their next game, but they better not disappoint me again, and I am sure many others agree the same way.
  26. Feb 5, 2012
    More of the same is not always a bad thing, especially when the "same" was good to begin with. The real problem with "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not its similarities to its predecessors - no, the core mechanics are still fun, and the plot feels more resolved than ever by Ezio's final mission. The real problem? Unnecessary additions. As this series has continued, they've tacked onMore of the same is not always a bad thing, especially when the "same" was good to begin with. The real problem with "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not its similarities to its predecessors - no, the core mechanics are still fun, and the plot feels more resolved than ever by Ezio's final mission. The real problem? Unnecessary additions. As this series has continued, they've tacked on more and more utterly useless pieces, from the pointless leveling of your support assassins in "Brotherhood" to the abominably irritating "den defense" sections in this game. Even the "hookblade," extending ezio's reach, only makes you feel sluggish when you can't find a zipline in the painfully small Constantinople. Don't get me wrong, the core mechanics are fine, even if the fighting is still uninspired block-counter-rinse-repeat. But the core mechanics are what should be built upon in a sequel, not tacking on more stuff. Assassin's Creed 2 was a great game, with a little bit too much padding in its side missions. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was still an okay game, but with much more padding even if the multiplayer was good. Assassin's Creed Revelations is so padded, it's hard to see the good game underneath. Which is a shame. I actually enjoyed the plot in this much more than "Brotherhood," but it's buried under a pointless quest involving local politics. And dull bomb crafting. And den defense. And those useless other assassin's I'm supposed to micromanage. Here's hoping in AC 3 they try a "less is more" approach. Expand
  27. Feb 5, 2012
    Revelations is hardly the masterpiece Assassins Creed 2 or Brotherhood were. However Revelations at least experimented with its formula by adding bomb crafting and Den Defense. One thing I really like from Revelations were the masyaf keys allowing the gamer to see how Altair became the assassin grand master. In Brotherhood, the addition of assassins recruits seemed necessary because theRevelations is hardly the masterpiece Assassins Creed 2 or Brotherhood were. However Revelations at least experimented with its formula by adding bomb crafting and Den Defense. One thing I really like from Revelations were the masyaf keys allowing the gamer to see how Altair became the assassin grand master. In Brotherhood, the addition of assassins recruits seemed necessary because the player was trying to liberate Rome from templar influence, while in revelations it were the Byzantines who were under templar influence not the Ottomans. I wasn't expecting a lot from this game, mainly because it started out as a 3DS game, but Revelations feels like an expansion to Brotherhood. Expand
  28. Jan 27, 2012
    With the exception of a good storyline that takes way too long to unfold, we've played this game before. Considering it came out just one year after its succesful Brotherhood, I don't mind that the graphics and game mechanics are the same, but the concept of going into a city and liberating it from Templar influence while building up your own is just too much of the same thing to want toWith the exception of a good storyline that takes way too long to unfold, we've played this game before. Considering it came out just one year after its succesful Brotherhood, I don't mind that the graphics and game mechanics are the same, but the concept of going into a city and liberating it from Templar influence while building up your own is just too much of the same thing to want to keep jumping into it. You do get alternate storylines of bringing forth Desmond's role, and recapping what happened to Altair, but you have to go on scavenger hunts to unlock these. Out of all the aspects of the Assassin's series, scavenger hunts are my least favorite. The introduction to bomb making is useless because, unless forced to, I don't use them. Nothing was more dissapointing to me in this game then coming upon a treasure box only to discover bomb componets to a bomb that I'll never make. The defending of the Assassin's Den was incredibly boring the first time I played it, and I made sure I was quit careful not to let my notoriety get too high so that I could avoid playing it again. Overall, the game by itself is a good formula and it carries on the Creed storyline. It's just too much of the same thing that is dissapointing. Expand
  29. Jan 2, 2012
    The fourth game in the series, but the third and final game which you will play as the amazing Ezio Auditore.

From the start of the game it is clear that the end is near for Ezio. He is looking old, you can see the grey in his hair and bear, the wrinkles on his face stand out a mile and he is starting to get rather slow. A clear indication as to how old he his getting is the new device he has. It is basically, what I like to call, a walking stick for jumping from roof to roof. Ezio now canâ
  30. Dec 30, 2011
    After all i heard i didnt expect much, but as an AC fan i had to pick it up.
    After all i heard i didnt expect much, but as an AC fan i had to pick it up.
    It really impressed me, i think the story was great, but to short. It took me 8 ingame hours to complete, and i dont think ive gotten that much better at AC. Personally i think the story was lame, it was at the end it really got to me, and the few and short Altair missons was so much better. And it seems to finally focus on Desmond a little It have gotten a few improvments, but not much, they make it seems like a big deal about the hookblade, but it really isnt.
    In Short: Pros: Desmond more central, Altair is back
    saying goodbye to Ezio Cons:
    new but unnecessary improvements
    Mini games are boring
    Saying goodbye to Ezio
  31. Dec 29, 2011
    This game pulls a call of duty, in that it's a direct copy from the other AC games. I'm going to run down all the differences between this game and brotherhood.
    HOOKblade: Nothing more than an upgrade for your climbing. It expands your reach, that's about it. Useful, but not very fun.
    Ziplines: Makes jumping from building to building more linear. Not a very good thing. Storyline: Good,
    Storyline: Good, however it could have been done in an expansion pack for how short it is.
    Templar/Assassin Dens: I actually really enjoyed infiltrating templar dens. However, if they involved more than killing one specific person and lighting a fire on a tower, I would have enjoyed them much more.
    Notoriety bar: No no no no no no no no no no no NO. This was an absolutely AWFUL idea. The oath of the assassins is "Nothing is true; Everything is permitted". Everything is permitted eh? Then how come I have to constantly hold back on doing what I want because of this bar? Also, the fact that it goes up if you renovate shops or buy from shops is incredibly stupid. It makes sense, yes, but it is incredibly annoying. Absolutely unnecessary. Add in the fact that lowering the notoriety bar makes you go completely out of your way constantly, and we have a gigantic mess.
    Mediterranean Defense: Somebody down at Ubisoft apparently said "Hey guys, I think the system for sending assassins out on missions is far too convenient! What say we make it so it requires constant maintenance? Players will love that!"
    Bombs: I liked bombs for the large variety of them you were able to create. However, I quickly forgot about them in favor of my already existing arsenal. I won't hold this against the game since it's mostly my fault, but I don't have much of an opinion on them.
    Controls: In brotherhood, the controls screwed up once in a while. It was nothing too bad. Now, I feel like I'm trying to control a drunken man. I lost count of how many times Ezio jumped away from a wall when I was holding up on the control stick.
    Desmond's Journey: I felt like ending this review on a good note. Desmond's Journeys are a completely new addition to the game. I'm going to avoid spoiling anything for anyone who wants to buy the game. I'll just say it brings a new puzzle aspect to the series that was very nice to see. It brought my rating from a 5 to a 6.
  32. Dec 19, 2011
    Although i did enjoy the game, i do not think it was as good as is previous installments. Some of the missions are very linear and too easy to complete, and with the guidance systems telling you where and how to do something, it is no longer a challenge. On another note, the faction quests are extremely short, the most was roughly six, and the least amount of the questions for an entireAlthough i did enjoy the game, i do not think it was as good as is previous installments. Some of the missions are very linear and too easy to complete, and with the guidance systems telling you where and how to do something, it is no longer a challenge. On another note, the faction quests are extremely short, the most was roughly six, and the least amount of the questions for an entire faction was one. The multilayer has however lived up to brotherhood. A few tweaks have enhanced the experience and made it more comprehensive. Expand
  33. Dec 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is more of the same, but with very little innovation when compared to the last few entries. Essentially it's AC:B plus a tower defense minigame and bomb crafting, both of which are less impressive than they may sound. Den defense can be aggravating at times, due to poor controls and visibility, and that it's essentially the game's way of punishing you forAssassin's Creed: Revelations is more of the same, but with very little innovation when compared to the last few entries. Essentially it's AC:B plus a tower defense minigame and bomb crafting, both of which are less impressive than they may sound. Den defense can be aggravating at times, due to poor controls and visibility, and that it's essentially the game's way of punishing you for becoming notorious. You can bribe/assassinate your way out of notoriety, but there are no heralds or officials at night, and you get notoriety for nearly every action, including buying shops. I thought bombs were pretty boring, awkward to use and anything they can do, Ezio can already do faster. AC:R's story was kind of boring, it's self-contained and does little to further the overall plot of the series. Constantinople/Istanbul felt less intriguing than Rome, with fewer interesting landmarks and more annoying guards. Multiplayer has been improved a bit with more customization options and modes, but I've never particularly cared for it in this series. AC:R isn't a bad game, it's just meh compared to the others and is definitely the series' weakest offering. Expand
  34. Dec 4, 2011
    Revelations is a must purchase if you are an AC fan.
    However, if you have never played AC before do NOT purchase this game as it is not a good reflection on the series.
    Revelations is a must purchase if you are an AC fan.
    Identical to the last 3 releases: Quality graphics, sound, and story. Changes from the previous 3: Gameplay feels aimless at times, sluggish controls, and an absolutely horrible new tower defense mode - which, BTW, has NO PLACE in a 3rd person action/adventure game.
  35. Nov 24, 2011
    I was not a huge fan of AC 1 and 2 but Brotherhood I ended up having a good time on. Revelations though is a step backwards for the series in my opinion. The new mini games are horrible and bring nothing good to the series. The worst is the 3d puzzle garbage that is a silly attempt at bringing Portal'ish puzzles to the series. The next is a bad tower defense game that also feels way out ofI was not a huge fan of AC 1 and 2 but Brotherhood I ended up having a good time on. Revelations though is a step backwards for the series in my opinion. The new mini games are horrible and bring nothing good to the series. The worst is the 3d puzzle garbage that is a silly attempt at bringing Portal'ish puzzles to the series. The next is a bad tower defense game that also feels way out of place.

The actual action and what not is still very fun and I wish they would have had more of it in this game instead of the very ridicolous side missions. Also they took horses out which boggles my mind to!

The one plus of this game is the good story, very well done in that aspect but that's about it to be honest.
    All they had to do was take what Brotherhood did well and add to it, but no they had to take all these things out and add in pointless stuff.

In the end I would stay away personally unless you are a AC junky, but even then you might be dissapointed in this game.
  36. Nov 24, 2011
    Revelations has, by far, the best story in the franchise thus far, and this is where the game's title truly comes through. The ending packs an enormous emotional punch for any fan of the franchise, and wraps up Ezio's story quite well. Along with phenomenal voice acting, and a beautiful world, you will become immersed into the fiction once again.

Unfortunately, Revelations falls short in

Unfortunately, Revelations falls short in the gameplay department. While the combat is better than ever with the free flow style back from brotherhood, the enemy types, mission design, and frustration factor of this game really disappoint, and that is disappointing given the franchise. Borgia towers worked really well and were fun to take out in Brotherhood, yet Ubisoft decided to discard that concept and convolute it with Den Defense which is slightly tedious at best and extremely frustrating at worse. Additionally, some of the new enemy types in this game are extremely frustrating to fight and will eat up your health. Now every rooftop guard has a rifle which will take out half your health in one shot are deadly accurate. However, there are some improvements. The hook blade is a fantastic addition which makes climbing and other tasks not only easier, but more enjoyable (hook and run is great). Also, the new "catacombs" in the game linked with the main story are more cinematic (think Uncharted) which makes them immensely enjoyable.

Overall, this game could have been perfect if it weren't for the rather significant flaws in the gameplay department. Hopefully Ubisoft learns from their mistakes and doesn't repeat them in Assassins' Creed 3. If you're a big fan, definitely pick this one up, but expect some frustration along the way of a fantastic plot line.
  37. Nov 22, 2011
    Ubisoft decided to pull an Activison and rehash their strongest franchise on a yearly basis.
    Unlike CoD, however, that mainly thrives from its MP this concept is not working out for the SP focused AC series.
    What Ubisoft is putting out with AC:R could be considered an expansion pack at best. Maybe they should have taken a lesson from Bethesda and Rockstar who were very successful with DLC addons for GTA IV and Fallout 3 because that is essentially what you are getting with AC:R, more content for AC2.
  38. Nov 21, 2011
    They have nearly perfected the climbing and free-running with the addition of the hook blade, giving you a bit of extra climbing speed and reach when you need it. Fighting hasn't changed, and the environment looks only tweaked from how it looked in Italy. If they had scrapped carriage chases and a heartless tower defense mini-game, it would have been closer to a 9. Also, I'm missing theThey have nearly perfected the climbing and free-running with the addition of the hook blade, giving you a bit of extra climbing speed and reach when you need it. Fighting hasn't changed, and the environment looks only tweaked from how it looked in Italy. If they had scrapped carriage chases and a heartless tower defense mini-game, it would have been closer to a 9. Also, I'm missing the good old days of Assassins Creed 1 where you got a target to assassinate and you could decide how you wanted to go about it. In the rare instances where you "assassinate" a target, it is relatively scripted as far as the path you should take. The fun is dwindling. This series needs a tremendous shift to keep interest high, and hopefully AC3 will do it. Nonetheless, this is still a great game in its own way. Expand
  39. Nov 20, 2011
    I was hoping Revelations was going to blow my socks off, but it didn't. That doesn't mean it isn't good, it just means that it needs a bit more work. For starters: gameplay. Yes, I dig a lot of it. Yes, I love to sneak up on unsuspecting roof patrols and kill them in some way, shape, or form. That being said, maybe you guys need to amp up the AI a little. Yes, the Mediterranean Defense,I was hoping Revelations was going to blow my socks off, but it didn't. That doesn't mean it isn't good, it just means that it needs a bit more work. For starters: gameplay. Yes, I dig a lot of it. Yes, I love to sneak up on unsuspecting roof patrols and kill them in some way, shape, or form. That being said, maybe you guys need to amp up the AI a little. Yes, the Mediterranean Defense, Den Defense, and Animus Island minigames are fun, but it shouldn't always be about extra content. Instead, Ubisoft should be focusing on changing the game up a little bit. The next game is about Desmond, so there shouldn't be as much of the same thing here. Make him run around in the dark, make it hard for him to get away, make helicopters appear. Think about the timeline you're in and use all the tools you can to make it harder. Expand
  40. Nov 20, 2011
    "Assassin's creed Revelations" is a good game, not so much glitches as i have heard off, but sadly enough ubisoft didn't change much from the previous 2 titles in this series, i would have liked it more if they made some changes in this game.
  41. Nov 20, 2011
    Assassins creed 2 was an amazing game I will never forget. Assassins creed brotherhood was an ok I forgot most of. Assassins creed revelations is a mild game I only remember the ending to. The gameplay mechanics have stayed the same since the second game. The combat is too easy along with the difficulty of the game and the game practically plays itself. There is not enough secondaryAssassins creed 2 was an amazing game I will never forget. Assassins creed brotherhood was an ok I forgot most of. Assassins creed revelations is a mild game I only remember the ending to. The gameplay mechanics have stayed the same since the second game. The combat is too easy along with the difficulty of the game and the game practically plays itself. There is not enough secondary content to keep me interested and the multiplayer is just ok. Instead of the missions and bonus dungeons and armor, the main story IS the extra dungeons, large disappointment. Expand
  42. Nov 18, 2011
    The game sticks to the same formula we've seen since AC2, but it adds new things, such as Templar Dens/Den Defense and bomb making, that are just odd choices and feel extremely out of place in the Assassin's Creed universe. Den Defense is a weird tower defense mini game that is hampered by awkward camera angles and a severe lack of any kind of feedback. Templar Dens are a mess simplyThe game sticks to the same formula we've seen since AC2, but it adds new things, such as Templar Dens/Den Defense and bomb making, that are just odd choices and feel extremely out of place in the Assassin's Creed universe. Den Defense is a weird tower defense mini game that is hampered by awkward camera angles and a severe lack of any kind of feedback. Templar Dens are a mess simply because of the damn Coward Captains that will flee the second someone so much as coughs, making killing them unnecessarily difficult. Oh, and the notoriety system is all screwed up, you gain notoriety for buying shops and purchasing things from them. Why was that needed? Revelations is what you get when a big dev gets a little too comfortable raking in cash from a franchise year after year. It's not horrible, but just about every new addition hurts the game, and really makes it feel like a chore to play. Expand
  43. Nov 17, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Revelations doesn't especially make good on its name, unless the titular revelations are that a) this game makes heavy use of escort quests, b) employs the fewest Templar dens, and c) has a mechanic whereby you will lose control of your retaken dens and then have to play the worst tower defense game imaginable to reclaim them. Oh, and often during those battles you willAssassin's Creed Revelations doesn't especially make good on its name, unless the titular revelations are that a) this game makes heavy use of escort quests, b) employs the fewest Templar dens, and c) has a mechanic whereby you will lose control of your retaken dens and then have to play the worst tower defense game imaginable to reclaim them. Oh, and often during those battles you will encounter a cowardly den captain who'll sense you and hide for an in-game day. Not fun. Buying up property, like always, is a blast - after overcoming the aforementioned hurdle of unlocking the ability to buy property by raiding dens and besting cowardly captains. There are some truly out-of-place Desmond segments, but they serve to flesh out the character wonderfully. The multiplayer is so tiresome and slow it doesn't bear mentioning. Ultimately, this game is worse than Brotherhood in flow, plot, and game design, but if you've been following the plot the past few years, you could do worse. Expand
  44. Nov 15, 2011
    "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not a great game; it's rather disappointing. The story has improved very much, and I won't say anything but it's really immersive and profound. BUT. The gameplay, voice acting and all those important stuff did not change a bit. It's the same controls, same assassination methods, same counter attacks and the same voice. It's fine for the obssessive AC"Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not a great game; it's rather disappointing. The story has improved very much, and I won't say anything but it's really immersive and profound. BUT. The gameplay, voice acting and all those important stuff did not change a bit. It's the same controls, same assassination methods, same counter attacks and the same voice. It's fine for the obssessive AC fans, but really? I'm kinda tired of doing this **** all over again. Don't get me wrong; it's a good game for the AC newbies, but guys who played all 3 AC games, it's decent. Expand
  45. Dec 5, 2011
    Well 9.5 actually, the game makes various improvements to an already great formula established by the first three games. Although some additions may feel a little contrived such as the tower defense minigame, it does little to take away from the great experience. But my biggest surprise to the game was how different it felt from previous installments.The city feels much bigger, theWell 9.5 actually, the game makes various improvements to an already great formula established by the first three games. Although some additions may feel a little contrived such as the tower defense minigame, it does little to take away from the great experience. But my biggest surprise to the game was how different it felt from previous installments.The city feels much bigger, the graphics have seen a major facelift, the new weapons give more freedom in how you tackle missions and the storytelling has been vastly improved. All in all Revelations is a great game, but one must wonder how long ubisoft can keep its momentum with its annual release date of this franchise. Story:9.5 Gameplay:9.5 Graphics:9.2 soundvoice acting:9 Enjoyment :10 Replay value 10. Collapse

1. Jan 30, 2012
    If you are already invested in the series then playing Revelations isn't even an option - it's mandatory. The story is just too important, and frankly, this is the best in the series when it comes to story and action sequences, and not even misplaced tower defense distraction and endless city domination missions can hold it back.
    Before its release we prayed Revelations to become a true ending of series. Now we can only hope this wasn't the last time we met Ezio. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    As it stands Assassin's Creed: Revelations is worth playing, but not as a premium title. The content is thin, the game isn't as interesting, and Ubisoft shouldn't have diluted the game to make a yearly cycle. In a glut of other games to buy during the holiday season, it just doesn't stand out as a must-have.