7.1

1. Nov 7, 2013
    If anything, this game is both a step forward and a step back at the same time. This game more or less is almost exactly the same as AC2 & AC:BH. A few small additions, but they aren't that important or notable. The bomb making system seemed like a good idea, but is mostly needless for most of the game. Ezio feels really overpowered for a majority of the game.

Again I will state, there
    is technically nothing wrong with the game. Technically speaking everything is as good if not slightly better from being now polished to perfection. But it is still just more of the same.

This game could have been Ezio's grand finale, and they do him a great service, finishing him off in a grand and respectable way. Altair's end feels a little underwhelming and I can't help feel he got the short end of the writing stick.

Overall:
    Assasson's Creed: Revelations is a fantastic (much needed) conclusion to Ezio's story. A real shame it felt more like an expansion than a new game. Still, a fantastic addition and worth playing for the story alone.
  2. Nov 2, 2012
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is a decent follow-up to Brotherhood, but it feels tired and very abrupt due to it's short gameplay and quick ending. This is evidence that the Assassin's Creed franchise is unfortunately starting to decline.
  3. Sep 21, 2012
    Assassin's Creed Revelations is disappointing game. No were near as good as 2 or Brotherhood. Its put me of the series quite a bit. Now i'm not saying you should not buy this game... its just it won't be as good as the other 2 games. Great gameplay and story, new content is not great, tower defence is just annoying but it's optional tho. Bombs are not great either, cool idea... but never used them, but the hook you get is great and helps a lot. The start is boring starts getting good in the middle and great and sad at the end. Overall a decent game but could be better. Assassin's Creed: Revelations 7.2/10 Expand
  4. Jul 31, 2013
    Make no mistake, Revelations is a continuation of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Taking what made Brotherhood a hit and placing it in a follow-up story, Revelations mostly pleases. The story which is slowly unfolding game after game begins to resemble one with clarity. Revelations is the "what" and the beginnings of "why" in the storyline, with more likely to come in the next iteration of Assassin's Creed. It's not ground-breaking, but it's honed. It's not superb, but it's above average as a game. If you've come this far, there's absolutely no reason why you wouldn't want to go a little further. The little puzzles and bonuses that revolve around the game's focus are also a treat, ones that really break away from the normal Assassin's Creed and get you into something completely different (if only for a little while). An easy choice now that it's on sale for well under its original $60 price tag, Assassin's Creed: Revelations is another solid step in this Ubisoft mainstay. I look forward to "3" next. Expand
  5. Dec 31, 2011
    This was an absolutely unnecessary game to release to continue the AC storyline. The fact that hardly anything new was added to the combat is the straw that breaks the camels back for me. Look, I loved AC 2 and I thought Brotherhood was a good enough followup to wrap up Ezio's story. However this game was not necessary and it really does seem they put the minimum amount of effort into making this game. It truly is almost a copy-paste of Brotherhood with only some minor things added in here and there. I think it's not right what they are doing to this franchise by releasing a new rehashed game every year as if it's some sort of sports franchise. This franchise deserves better and I can only hope they really go all out for AC 3 and not release anymore of these follow up stories. Expand
  6. Jun 25, 2013
    Assassin's Creed games have always had a certain quality about them that made each one unique from the last. The original set the stage for the franchise, the 2nd game greatly built upon the mechanics and setting of the first, and Brotherhood refined the gameplay, setting, and music of the 2nd game.
    So, what makes Assassin's Creed: Revelations unique? Bombs, Zip-lines, and tower defense.

The primary issue with this game is that it isn't very different. If anything, it feels like a large expansion pack for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. The gameplay nearly identical to that of prior games, only now with the inclusion of bombs and zip-lines, two items you won't use often. Granted, now you have the hook blade, but honestly it doesn't do much and it fails to spice up the gameplay.
    The only "fresh" idea added to the gameplay here is the tower defense game. However, this is actually quite boring and repetitious and it fails to add anything significant.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations does advance the plot of the Assassin's Creed series quite well. However, the plot is far from spectacular, and the story of this game really doesn't do much of anything interesting. It mainly sets the stage for later installments.

In my opinion, this is the weakest of the entries in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It's not a bad game, but if you play all the games leading up to it, Revelations is quite disappointing.
  7. Oct 27, 2013
    after releasing the two greatest games on the franchise this assassin's creed promised a lot,but the game wasn't what every person was expecting,it was on of the most disapointing games ever made.
  8. Jan 31, 2014
    The storyline is always good and the multiplayer is enhanced and goes
    one step further................................................................
  9. Dec 19, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is more of the same, but with very little innovation when compared to the last few entries. Essentially it's AC:B plus a tower defense minigame and bomb crafting, both of which are less impressive than they may sound. Den defense can be aggravating at times, due to poor controls and visibility, and that it's essentially the game's way of punishing you for becoming notorious. You can bribe/assassinate your way out of notoriety, but there are no heralds or officials at night, and you get notoriety for nearly every action, including buying shops. I thought bombs were pretty boring, awkward to use and anything they can do, Ezio can already do faster. AC:R's story was kind of boring, it's self-contained and does little to further the overall plot of the series. Constantinople/Istanbul felt less intriguing than Rome, with fewer interesting landmarks and more annoying guards. Multiplayer has been improved a bit with more customization options and modes, but I've never particularly cared for it in this series. AC:R isn't a bad game, it's just meh compared to the others and is definitely the series' weakest offering. Expand
  10. Aug 7, 2012
    The game had a few new aspects that made it an enjoyable experience, the story still being very well made and all, but being the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed series, it sort of felt a little repetitive, the gameplay and voice acting did not change very much since the first.
  11. Oct 13, 2012
    Bad game by ubisoft. REAL BAD. A very stupid story, no fun free mode, and still boring multiplayer. This game almost put an end to the franchise, literally. If there is one game in the series that you must buy, it is not this one.
  12. Jan 27, 2012
    With the exception of a good storyline that takes way too long to unfold, we've played this game before. Considering it came out just one year after its succesful Brotherhood, I don't mind that the graphics and game mechanics are the same, but the concept of going into a city and liberating it from Templar influence while building up your own is just too much of the same thing to want to keep jumping into it. You do get alternate storylines of bringing forth Desmond's role, and recapping what happened to Altair, but you have to go on scavenger hunts to unlock these. Out of all the aspects of the Assassin's series, scavenger hunts are my least favorite. The introduction to bomb making is useless because, unless forced to, I don't use them. Nothing was more dissapointing to me in this game then coming upon a treasure box only to discover bomb componets to a bomb that I'll never make. The defending of the Assassin's Den was incredibly boring the first time I played it, and I made sure I was quit careful not to let my notoriety get too high so that I could avoid playing it again. Overall, the game by itself is a good formula and it carries on the Creed storyline. It's just too much of the same thing that is dissapointing. Expand
  13. May 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed Revelations didn't really add anything to the game play and just felt like another Assassin's Creed. To its credit, it added bomb customization (which is hilarious) a tower defense mini game (that doesn't belong in Assassin's Creed), and first person missions as Desmond but beyond that, it's just another Assassin's Creed. If you love Assassin's Creed you're going to enjoy it, but if you're hoping for anything new, then this isn't for you. This is the official point when Assassin's Creed has contracted Sequelitis and will end up being a franchise than a series of epic games. Expand
  14. Nov 16, 2011
    Its no doubt 'Quite' a good game,but the trouble is we've seen this all before,SO many times now..It suffers from what i call CODitus.A perfectly compotent game,but has gotten old by releasing near enough the same game every year.Makes me realise what the phrase 'Familiarity breeds contempt' means.
  15. Oct 29, 2012
    Look, i ain't gonna troll, i'm serious this time, this game isn't really a 10 but i gave it that score to make up for all the negative trolls on this page, it's one of the best games from last year imo, 8.5/10.
  16. Oct 29, 2012
    Perfect game, it can even outshine Batman: Arkham City. There are no flaws, everything works well. Combat is easy but still interesting, story is amasing, stealth is good, parkour knows no equal. And do not say it's a copy-paste from past titles, if the game is good, repetiveness cannot harm it.
  17. Oct 29, 2012
    One of the best games in the series, and can somebody, please, tell me why do people like to troll? Yes, we get it, it's not the greatest finale for the trilogy, but it's good enough, i'm only giving this a 10 because there is too many trolls that gave it a 0, my real score is 9.
  18. Dec 4, 2013
    (8.5) When I started up this game I quickly felt that I was in store for much of the same as previous installments and whilst in terms of the core mechanics this is true, the game itself took very positive steps towards and more open and less repetitive model than the last 3 games. Firstly the storyline is the best so far, genuinely intriguing cross between all we have seen up to this point. The tower defence I felt was a very good idea but not very well executed and whilst the desmond memory game was a nice change of pace. Combine Mediterranean defence assassin quests and you had a plethora of different experiences to explore, for me that was what made this game the best assassin's creed game yet. Expand
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    Though it seems to be the most disappointing game in the series, "Assassin's Creed: Revelations is still a good game. I wasn't completely pleased with where Ubisoft went with the story, but the story telling is very, very good. The story was also very interesting none the less. One thing that really seemed to bug me the most was the fact that they completely changed Desmond's, Ezio's and Altair's facial structure. They look nothing like they did in the previous games. Hated it. They also replaced Altair's voice (another thing that really buged me.) The gameplay plays just like all the other Creed's, it's still the same gameplay we know and love. Once again, I wasn't completely happy with where they went with the story, but they did tell the story very well, and it was actually quite emotional. One of the best things I loved about the game was all of Desmond's story. I can't really explain the whole platforming levels you do with Desmond, sense they're unlike anything I've every played, but I think it's very creative and original, in fact, it just might be my favorite part of the game. Revelations has many great moments, and besides the few mager flaws it has, AC: Revelations is a good addition to the series. Expand
  20. Oct 6, 2012
    This game could be amazing if there wasn't so much time waiting for the good stuff to come. Instead of adding pointless and tedious features such as the den defence or the contracts from "brotherhood", Ubisoft should have focused it's budget in better handcrafted level design, more story, and better game mechanics. There are (still) far too many wtf moments when you try to climb and Ezio jumps to the opposite side... and the stealth system (if it can be called that) is far too rudimentary. The game has some great moments indeed, but what happens in between is quite boring. Still, if you like the previous AC you should enjoy this one. Let's hope AC3 is a better and refined version of AC Revelations, instad of another copy and paste. Expand
  21. Jan 21, 2012
    This is the 2nd best AC game, after the much more polished and realized AC 2. I really liked this game and found it to be most involving despite the lesser cultural weight of Constantinople versus Rome or Renaissance Italy. The narrative is involving, and the action delivers. Yes, it's similar to the previous games - but I think there are enough refinements and style that it remains a strong delivery and conclusion to an excellent series. Expand
  22. Dec 13, 2011
    The only new additions to AC's gameplay with this instalment add very little to the experience (if anything, they detract from it) and every other aspect, carried directly from Brotherhood, seems somehow more sluggish and unworkable then they were before, Ezio himself moving even slower than in ACII (Am I crazy to think that the fourth game in a popular series would be an upgrade instead of a downgrade?). The character of Ezio has certainly seen better days, and the plot that surrounds him in 16th Century Constantinople is even more paper-thin than Brotherhood, the city itself is poorly designed and lacks the flow of cities in previous titles like Florence, Venice and Roma, and its even more scaled down than Roma as well, a fete which I thought impossible, given how tiny Roma was to begin with. The supporting characters however, in particular, Yusuf Tazim, do tend to bring life to an otherwise dead script whenever they are involved. Desmond's story is the complete opposite, with regular updates coming in regarding events in the real world and Desmond's own personal journey to free his mind from the animus, within which he is trapped, with yet another great supporting character, Subject 16. The Multiplayer carries its bulk from Brotherhood, but, unlike the single-player, refines the experience rather than weigh it down underneath an ever-growing pile of unnecessary **** If you're an Assassin's Creed fan, of course you should buy this, Desmond's plot is really coming together, and if you can ignore a ****-load of average gameplay, you'll feel very rewarded at the end (if nothing else, this game ended well). If you're looking for some original, ingenious multiplayer to break up the testosterone overload caused by mainstream shooters, again, you should buy this. If you don't fall into either of these categories, I would advise you to stay away. Hey, it's still better than AC1, but that isn't saying much :| Expand
  23. Mar 5, 2012
    poor game in a series that has gone stale. Dont believe any hype , the franchise , just like Call of Duty has become mass produced and dull.Dont buy this game
  24. Aug 4, 2013
    perfect way to send out altair and ezio attempts something new with tower defense but perfects everything brotherhood did well. ezio is a fantastic character and this was a fitting end to his trilogy
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    This is the best AC EVER, and the game can not be punished for is similar to its predecessors, because Uncharted and Call of Duty are too. Again UBI give to us a vacation on distant worlds, beautiful worlds, and Ezio is amazing in his final journey, I will missi him so much, but now I wanna AC3.
  26. Apr 28, 2012
    Ubisoft has managed to destroy the last remnants of the AC game. It started going downhill after AC2 and it has official hit bottom. The only redeeming quality of this game is the new setting. Everything else is junk. If there is anything I would ask Ubisoft to do is not finish AC3 so we don't have to live through yet another disaster. Everything that made the first 2 AC games has been pretty much stripped out in lieu of combat-heavy action scenes mixed with a strategy game that nobody asked for and does not fit logically into the story. Den defense is stupid, not fun, (fortunately) ignorable and adds nothing to the game.

The story continues to be convoluted to the point of uninteresting. It is clear the writers have come up with some cool concept for the finale and are just making stuff up to fill in the blanks until they get there. The Desmond portions continue to be dull, stupid and a complete break from the actual story. If Desmond never came back in subsequent games it would be an improvement but that is unlikely to happen. More likely he'll get more screen time. That is unfortunate because he's an idiot and wouldn't even survive in the real world.

The vehicle sections are, fortunately, very few in this game but they still are horrible. I cringe every time I have to play them. Most sequences also continue to have challenges which are really nothing more than extra requirements to get 100%. I see them as a ploy to increase advertised playtime rather than adding any real value. Most of them go in the very face of what an assassin would want. Fortunately they are rather easy this time compared to previous iterations but they still add little value. This brings me to the combat which mostly states the same as previous games even with the advent of the hookblade which has little value in the game. If I were an assassin would I really want to draw so much attention to myself that I would need/want to fight 4+ guards at once? It's like the devs want to create an FPS so they rely more heavily on combat than stealth. Fortunately they haven't managed to break the combat system too much yet.

Perhaps the worse part of the whole game (and series) is that they continue to have the same poor AI that has been in previous iterations. Do us a favor Ubisoft, fix the AI issues rather than adding crappy new features nobody asked for. Halfway up a tower where a fall would kill me and I press the jump button to leap up to the next ledge should do that every time, not just if I have the direction pad pushed in the correct direction. Because logically there would be some time where I might want to be high enough up that I would want to jump to my death. Some common sense here would go a long way.

Also continuing with this series is the annoying problem of Ezio failing to enter combat mode in some cases. He'll just refuse to do anything until he gets hit. Fix the bugs!!!!

If you have liked the Ezio series and you want more of the same then by all means play this game. But if you're tired of Ezio (because he's had about 2 games too many), think the newer combat stuff is horrible or just want a real sleath game then go elsewhere.
  27. Nov 24, 2011
    I was not a huge fan of AC 1 and 2 but Brotherhood I ended up having a good time on. Revelations though is a step backwards for the series in my opinion. The new mini games are horrible and bring nothing good to the series. The worst is the 3d puzzle garbage that is a silly attempt at bringing Portal'ish puzzles to the series. The next is a bad tower defense game that also feels way out of place.

The actual action and what not is still very fun and I wish they would have had more of it in this game instead of the very ridicolous side missions. Also they took horses out which boggles my mind to!

The one plus of this game is the good story, very well done in that aspect but that's about it to be honest.
    All they had to do was take what Brotherhood did well and add to it, but no they had to take all these things out and add in pointless stuff.

In the end I would stay away personally unless you are a AC junky, but even then you might be dissapointed in this game.
  28. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the worst Assassin's Creed ever made. It just spoil all the previous games because they made too many terrible changes to this game.

The best thing about this game are the soundtrack (wich is physically missing on the collector's edition) and the multiplayer mode improvements.

About the story, nothing relevant is revealed in this game, so, if you are looking for answers you're
    not going to find any, indeed there's some big plot holes that I doubt they will be answered in future games.

Also, there's a big downgrade in some design aspects of the game, the most notorious is the NEW Desmond face that ruined his part of game experience. (Ubisoft said that is because of an "upgraded" facial recognition technology, but don't make laugh, he looks like a surgery went wrong...) He is not Desmond anymore.
    Also, some parts of the city, multiplayer characters as well Ezio costumes are awfully designed.

I hope they can recover the quality of the previous ones for the next and last AC.
  29. Mar 22, 2014
    Assassins Creed Revelations didn't really push the series to new heights, or innovate on sandbox games. My main problem with this game is the location it's set, Constantinople. It looked good, but felt uninteresting or unique. The story is one Revelations strong points, voice acting was still good, and the storytelling was decently paced. Still, I can't help but feel that this was just a weak spot in the franchise. Expand
  30. Jun 24, 2013
    What is this BS? This is not a sequel. This is the shame of the Assassin's Creed series. Yeah.. The gameplay is good....but it's story is the biggest poop I've ever played. Doesn't even fit into the brilliant Assassin's Creed storyline. And because of that for me AC:Rev dug his own grave.
  31. Feb 5, 2012
    More of the same is not always a bad thing, especially when the "same" was good to begin with. The real problem with "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not its similarities to its predecessors - no, the core mechanics are still fun, and the plot feels more resolved than ever by Ezio's final mission. The real problem? Unnecessary additions. As this series has continued, they've tacked on more and more utterly useless pieces, from the pointless leveling of your support assassins in "Brotherhood" to the abominably irritating "den defense" sections in this game. Even the "hookblade," extending ezio's reach, only makes you feel sluggish when you can't find a zipline in the painfully small Constantinople. Don't get me wrong, the core mechanics are fine, even if the fighting is still uninspired block-counter-rinse-repeat. But the core mechanics are what should be built upon in a sequel, not tacking on more stuff. Assassin's Creed 2 was a great game, with a little bit too much padding in its side missions. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was still an okay game, but with much more padding even if the multiplayer was good. Assassin's Creed Revelations is so padded, it's hard to see the good game underneath. Which is a shame. I actually enjoyed the plot in this much more than "Brotherhood," but it's buried under a pointless quest involving local politics. And dull bomb crafting. And den defense. And those useless other assassin's I'm supposed to micromanage. Here's hoping in AC 3 they try a "less is more" approach. Expand
  32. Oct 20, 2013
    Its a good game, but nothing makes it feel as great as its predecessors. Ezios story really drags here, but there are a few good moments that will stick. Altairs segments didnt reach the potential it could have been if the game was given more development time. It also feels shorter in overall length, but its still an AC2 era game so if you liked 2 and Brotherhood and this is on offer, give it a go. Expand
  33. Dec 17, 2011
    You know how when someone uploads a Youtube video, but flips the screen first, so they can't get sued for copyright? Compared to the original, that's about how different this game is from it's predecessors. Just like MW3..it's the SAAAAAAME thing over and over again so they can have a yearly release with nothing new being offered to the customer. BOOORING.
  34. Nov 15, 2011
    Ah.... It's like being reunited with an old friend. The things I loved are back, and there are just enough new things to keep me coming back for more. The game doesn't really change much from its predecessor on multiplayer, but the story is just as compelling as it ever was. If your are a loyal fan to the series, you must play this game.
  35. Jan 29, 2012
    Amazing game, which improves in basically everything:story, gameplay , graphics and multiplayer. I really dont get why critics are so biased against this Franchise, while praising Call of Duty and Battlefield. You know what: Assassins Creed 3 comes this year, so eat that metacritic.
  36. Jul 24, 2012
    Well when I got the game I had high hopes. Then when I played the game those hopes faded. The game is beutiful and has a pretty good story. Although the characters in the game seem a little dull. A big down side to the game is that there wasn't much introduced that was new. Sure the Assassins Creed saga is innovative but it hasn't changed much. This game didn't really have much that could draw me back to playing. The story was good but wasn't exciting and deep. The gameplay got repetitive once I played it for a while. There just wasn't anything interesting going on in the game. It took me literally a month to finish the game because I wasn't very interested in it after a while of playing. I don't know what I is with this Assassins Creed but it's lacking. I'll give it a 7/10 but I would prefer playing the first and second games before considering to buy this one. Expand
  37. Dec 23, 2011
    PROS: -Very well crafted city environment. -Still plenty to do. -Hugely improved and entertaining multiplayer experience. -A fitting end to Ezio's story. CONS: -Same gameplay and control issues. -The Altair segments are just too damn short to be meaningful. -WHAT 'Revelations'?!?! We STILL don't know why J. made D. kill L.! -Starting to show signs of Rushed Development.

VERDICT: An okay AC game... but I'm starting to see signs of rushed development. For the love of God Ubisoft, don't kid yourselves into thinking you have to release the next game by 2012. Give it the time it needs.
  38. Dec 27, 2011
    I played this game right after my second playthrough of AC II. I have to say, this game took the maturity of the Assassin's Creed franchise and transformed it into an adolescent action/adventure American piece of garbage. How come the director of Far Cry 2, which is a mediocre FPS and Tennis Masters series took the position of directing one of the biggest and best franchises in the videogame industry is still a mystery to me. Also before I finish my review, for anyone that knows mediterranean history, this game has some serious flaws in presenting what exactly the Ottomans/Turks were and most importantly, how civilized they were. I also find it funny that in Italy of Renaissance the guards didn't have any weapons but at the same time in Turkey, which was in the middle ages at that time, they had found rifles! In the end, one thing I learned from the Assassin's Creed series is: Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. And I use my critical thinking in everything. Thank you Ubisoft for teaching me how to do it. :P Here's looking forward to the next series by Patrice DÃ Expand
  39. Apr 6, 2012
    Gameplay: AC Revelations brings nothing new to the franchise: Bombs feel forced and are rarely useful, the den defense minigame is painful, and the hook blade is just the regular hidden blade, but oddly shaped (as a hook, to be precise).
    Everything else is exactly the same. Loved it in AC 2, but I was expecting something new from a new game that comes 2 years after.

Everything else is
    exactly the same. Loved it in AC 2, but I was expecting something new from a new game that comes out two years after.

Story: The story doesn't seem to find it's pace (Takes a lot of chapters to start, then ends abruplty) and no revelations were found, the plot pretty much stayed where Brotherhood left it. I would like to see more about the conflict between the Templars and the Assassins, and less from these Roman Gods with a (still) undefined role, but that's just me.
    The new characters are forgettable and the game felt way shorter than AC 2 or Brotherhood.
    Altair's side missions were nice, but too few and too short for my taste.

Graphics: I don't care about graphics, they seemed good enough for me, and I didn't experience any of the bugs that most people complain about.

I give it a 5 because the franchise is still fun. Would love to rate it higher but it felt rushed and didn't offer anything new to the table.
  40. Nov 24, 2013
    Ubisoft is a good developer, but yet again another AC release that is an overpriced DLC to the second one. They must have really needed money to this one considering it still plays the same. If you really want to know the story of this game I would say wiki it or youtube the cinematics that way you can save yourself some time and money. However if you ungodly love the series soooooo much then go ahead and shell out your bills like its your favorite stripper at the stripclub.

Considering i'm not a fan of stripclubs (not gay) and consider them a waste of money you can see why i'm not into this installment.

However I do Love AC and love all of them except the first one.
  41. Nov 15, 2011
    Copy and paste from the previous titles, unoriginal in content and story. Same missions all built around you flipping and jumping off of stuff. Save your money and just buy one of the older titles used for half the price....its basically the same game.
  42. Jul 28, 2013
    Finally got to play this installment of the Assassin’s Creed series and I sort of wish that I hadn’t. After playing through it, I seriously think a name change is in order from Revelations to Executive Administrator, because that’s what most of this game feels like.
    Following the story you get maybe 5 to 6 hours of game-play, but if you spend time looking for all the treasures, buying
    reel estate, hiring assassins and sending them on missions to various historical cities and leveling them up thereby functioning as mentor of said assassins so they can take over various assassins headquarters spread throughout the beautifully realized Constantinople, defending said headquarters in a rather flawed Tower Defense game, playing through the FPS Tetris/platform levels to restore Desmond’s memories etc. etc. etc. the game will probably last you about 14 to 15 hours if not more.
    Yes, most of the content in this game is actually blatant, inconsequential padding, which somehow also manages to have the extra benefit of being quite boring.
    Actually, I’m a bit ambivalent about this game. The story is pretty good and the game works when it remembers that it’s an Assassin’s Creed game and you actually get to assassinate someone, and we get to say goodbye to the two main characters of the previous games, Altair and Enzio. Their stories are wrapped up pretty well.
    However, this is marred by the endless padding of menial tasks you constantly find yourself doing and leads in my view to an overall very weak game, which lacks focus. It seems like Ubisoft were treading water, trying various stuff out without having an actual overall game plan. The administration of assassins is a perfect example of this. Let’s forgo the fact that the leveling up of the various henchmen is so superficial they might as well have left it out completely, but when the struggle for control of various major cities against the Templars feels more like sending out tax collectors, the entire idea is completely undermined. Unfortunately it’s the same with most of the other non-story driven events in the game.
    Also, the combat is in dire need of reinvention. When being surrounded by guards doesn’t inspire you to run away, but instead makes you shake your head, knowing full well there is no way in all hells ever invented by man to scare the living crap out of children that they will be able to kill you, followed by what is now nothing more than a mindless quick-time event (block combined with attack equals instant kill), there really is no sense of threat leading to no sense of excitement. And just in case it wasn’t easy enough you can even outsource your kills or most combat situations to your assassin henchmen (if they’re not busy collecting taxes, that is).
    Assassin’s Creed Revelations is fundamentally a rather mediocre and largely uninspired game in an amazingly beautiful and extremely well presented package and if it wasn’t for the story, there would be nothing for me to recommend (except the music).
  43. Sep 3, 2012
    Sorry for all gamers who bought this one at release day: A copy of the copy...when bought some months later, it`s a nice extension to the Enzio Auditore storyline, but still not a hit.
  44. Nov 24, 2011
    Revelations has, by far, the best story in the franchise thus far, and this is where the game's title truly comes through. The ending packs an enormous emotional punch for any fan of the franchise, and wraps up Ezio's story quite well. Along with phenomenal voice acting, and a beautiful world, you will become immersed into the fiction once again.

Unfortunately, Revelations falls short in
    the gameplay department. While the combat is better than ever with the free flow style back from brotherhood, the enemy types, mission design, and frustration factor of this game really disappoint, and that is disappointing given the franchise. Borgia towers worked really well and were fun to take out in Brotherhood, yet Ubisoft decided to discard that concept and convolute it with Den Defense which is slightly tedious at best and extremely frustrating at worse. Additionally, some of the new enemy types in this game are extremely frustrating to fight and will eat up your health. Now every rooftop guard has a rifle which will take out half your health in one shot are deadly accurate. However, there are some improvements. The hook blade is a fantastic addition which makes climbing and other tasks not only easier, but more enjoyable (hook and run is great). Also, the new "catacombs" in the game linked with the main story are more cinematic (think Uncharted) which makes them immensely enjoyable.

Overall, this game could have been perfect if it weren't for the rather significant flaws in the gameplay department. Hopefully Ubisoft learns from their mistakes and doesn't repeat them in Assassins' Creed 3. If you're a big fan, definitely pick this one up, but expect some frustration along the way of a fantastic plot line.
  45. Nov 16, 2011
    This game was alright. Hooks were a great addition, but the bombs were whatever. This game was repeating the last game but having new maps and adventures are still fun.
  46. Aug 15, 2013
    I wanted to like this game far more than I did. The closure of Ezio's story was a fantastic piece of narration and storytelling, however the game didn't add enough to make it feel like an advancement from Brotherhood. The story kept me engaged up to just before the very end when things go a bit weird, however I just couldn't shake the feeling that I'd already played the game before.
  47. Nov 15, 2011
    "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not a great game; it's rather disappointing. The story has improved very much, and I won't say anything but it's really immersive and profound. BUT. The gameplay, voice acting and all those important stuff did not change a bit. It's the same controls, same assassination methods, same counter attacks and the same voice. It's fine for the obssessive AC fans, but really? I'm kinda tired of doing this **** all over again. Don't get me wrong; it's a good game for the AC newbies, but guys who played all 3 AC games, it's decent. Expand
  48. Mar 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An overall mediocre game and put simply, a disappointment... The setting of the game is placed nicely and is well thought-out, however that seems to be about it. With almost an entirely different new set of characters, this is by no means bad, but the sudden cut from the characters whom we have grown fond of in AC:2 and AC:Brotherhood is extremely dispiriting and it prevents you from really getting a connection with the newer characters. The Desmond sub-plot is an extremely boring and does not really help in understanding Desmond's life at all. The death of Lucy, along with how she was cast aside afterwards, and only briefly mentioned once or twice makes fans feel that the game is rushed. The Altair sub-plot however is very engaging and put simply... fun. The gameplay mechanics is fairly smooth, glitches do occur quite often, but nothing that's stopping you from the actual gameplay. The main issue is the lack of support for Assassin's, throughout the game templar after templar get's killed, and in their dying moments they share how they see the world and why templars should use fear and control, the Assassin's only response only seems to be "Requiescat in Pace", nothing more, and the recital of their "creed" and that makes the character feel, that are the Assassin's really on the side of the just and is doing the world a favor. Expand
  49. Nov 16, 2011
    assassins creed revelations is best game in paltfromer and third pirson It has everything u could possibly need in a action, stealth game. If u are a fan of assassins creed series then this is a must have if u want to continue through the story and the thriller Gameplay
  50. Dec 30, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the perfect game to end Ezio's chapter of the Assassin's Creed story line. Many improvements have been made, graphics, game play, fighting, free running, multi-player etc. The only problem with AC:R I have is the legnth of the story, for me it was around 4 to 6 hours. The worst part is that you can only play as Altair 5 times ( But in these 5 playable moments he is awesome) Expand
  51. X11
    Feb 21, 2012
    Once again another strong installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise. Loved the premise of this one and was thoroughly engaged throughout. I don't think I will ever tire of these games. Docked one point because it felt like it was over before I blinked, still doesn't take away from the tremendous accomplishment. Immersive world, Engrossing gameplay. 9/10.
  52. Nov 15, 2011
    Assassins Creed Revelation is without a doubt the best Assassins Creed game made. It has everything u could possibly need in a action, stealth game. If u are a fan of assassins creed series then this is a must have if u want to continue through the story and the thriller Gameplay
  53. Dec 30, 2011
    After all i heard i didnt expect much, but as an AC fan i had to pick it up.
    It really impressed me, i think the story was great, but to short. It took me 8 ingame hours to complete, and i dont think ive gotten that much better at AC. Personally i think the story was lame, it was at the end it really got to me, and the few and short Altair missons was so much better. And it seems to
    finally focus on Desmond a little It have gotten a few improvments, but not much, they make it seems like a big deal about the hookblade, but it really isnt.
    In Short: Pros: Desmond more central, Altair is back
    saying goodbye to Ezio Cons:
    new but unnecessary improvements
    Mini games are boring
    Saying goodbye to Ezio
  54. Nov 21, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations doesn't bring much new content to the serie except from some minor twists and turns. Altough if you do enjoy the story and want to know more about Ezio, Altaïr and Desmond and exactly how they connect this is a game you have to buy or at least burrow. Some of the missions can become rather repetitive but you are always having a good time and you never feel really let down although some of the time I wish there were some extra spicy content with a unique feeling. But a generally really good game! Expand
  55. Nov 22, 2011
    We could have had two really great games. What we got instead were three "good" games. Revelations was an unneeded game. Not because it didn't bring some great things to the series (the story, specifically), but because they were things that should have been in Brotherhood. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, and I'm sure some of the designers share my complaints. You never truly ship the "perfect" game you had in mind; there's always more that can be done.

Assassin's Creed 2: The best in the series. Plenty of content. The story gave us a charming protagonist, and a sympathetic story of revenge. The biggest flaw? Not ending the Borgia plot. Instead, we were treated to a rushed climax, where Ezio simply decides to abandon his quest for revenge five minutes too soon. Brotherhood: I'm not saying Ezio should have killed the Pope in AC2. Every good character needs to make some mistakes to grow. But the Borgia plot in Brotherhood was just a bad case of deja vu. Hadn't the revenge themes already been explored? To its credit, Brotherhood added a great chunk of content, and refined all of the already great elements of AC2 without breaking the system.

Revelations: The gameplay is exactly the same, for better or worse. Bombs are the only interesting addition. The hookblade is unneeded, and reeks of gimmick. Den Defense, however, is the worst thing to happen to the series. It absolutely ruins the pacing of the game, forcing players to engage in a mediocre (and horribly flawed) minigame whenever they gain too much Templar attention, a bar increased by trying to play the damn game.
    However, it easily has the best story of the trilogy. Sofia's relationship with Ezio grows naturally, and runs concurrently with the main plot, giving us a nice change of pace. Shows some great duality in Ezio's character: assassin vs. man, something that's been teased throughout the series. But the early story is a bit familiar: didn't we already start a Brotherhood? These Ottoman assassin's don't exactly treat me like Il Mentore, hero of all Italy. No, they treat me like a senile old retiree. "What do you mean, you don't have a hookblade? No bombs? Get with the times, old man." Instead of adding new weapons, how about new defenses against riflemen, a new and scary enemy of the Assassins? Adapting to a new world is an interesting theme explored in games such as Red Dead Redemption, and I would have loved to see them explored here. No such luck.

My Recommendations:
    My additions to AC2 would purely be story based: none of the gameplay additions would be added until the sequel. The Christina Missions from Brotherhood should have been incorporated into AC2's plot. It gives us an anchor for an otherwise baseless story of revenge. It gives us an awareness for the passage of time, and the toll it has had on Ezio. It is the first example of my favorite theme in the series: a man giving all he has to an order (never fully explored until Revelations). AC2 would have ended with the Borgias. The main flaw of AC2 was a lack of closure, now achieved via the death of the Borgias. Instead of giving us a huge cast of conspirators to kill, the game should have limited our targets, incorporating the ending of AC2 and minimal plot of Brotherhood: ie: the plot to take down Italy via the papacy. This sort of streamlining worked great in Revelations. The next game would finish Ezio's story. The plot would largely resemble Revelations, with small changes. First and foremost: the world would need to be larger. Constantinople could serve as the hub world, with entire sequences taking place in smaller, newer areas (similar to multiple cities in AC2). Sequence 7 of Revelations does something similar, and was easily my favorite part of the game. We would get an idea of the global expansion of the Brotherhood, with a nice variation in mission structure. Simply put, this game would combine the gameplay innovations from Brotherhood with the superb story of Revelations. The best themes would be there: expansion of the Brotherhood, knowing a man's limits / place in the world, giving ones life to an organization, etc. It would be the perfect finisher. And yes, we would still keep the Altair missions.

The Brotherhood / Revelations hybrid would have needed additional prep time. Personally, I would have been fine with not having Brotherhood and waiting until this year for the hybrid. It all boils down to planning. With time, the team could have come up with the perfect way of combining these games. It seems the crucial flaw of the series was maintaining a proper storyline across all games, and still giving each installment a sense of accomplishment and closure. Instead, we received three games where the protagonist never had a motive beyond revenge. A failure to develop a strong cast of characters (and even abandoning most of them in Revelations) gave the game a lack of heart, and a lack of direction.
  56. Jan 6, 2012
    i hate the assassins creed games they are not really that fun all three games are the same story repeated it all around are horrible games so it does not shock me that this one is bad
  57. Mar 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed: Revelations is made by Ubisoft Montreal and helped by other Ubisoft studios and was published by who other than Ubisoft. The game is an excellent edition to the already amazing Assassin's Creed brand featuring Desmond, Altair and Ezio all as playable characters the game does well at rounding up the game for Ezio and possibly Altair and follows the story more behind Ezio than anything else, as he travels around looking for 5 Masyaf Keys to unlock the Masyaf library where Altair has hidden the Apple of Eden. It's a race against time as the Templars are after the Keys aswell. The story does well at everything it does and even welcomes the first appearance of characters like Subject Sixteen (who has been hinted at in other games but not seen until now). The gameplay is the same as any Assassin's Creed game the mission structure has been the same since AC:2 which is not a bad thing, it just offers more variety of what the missions are like. Combat has been barely changed since the very first Assassin's Creed game, which is a shame I think it really needs changing as it's too easy to take on lots of enemies at once and really takes out the fact that you're really outnumbered and can't win without running, it takes away that and overpowers you instead. It's not all bad news with the HUGE range of weapons at Ezios' hands from bombs, crossbows and even to the hidden blade. They have added 2 new modes to the single player which are nice editions; the first one is the Tower defense where the Templars invade an assassin hideout, and it's Ezio's job to stop them using a basic tower defense style of mini game, using assassin's and other means to stop the Templars from destroying the den at the other side. It's a nice edition but can become tiresome quickly as you're about to start a new mission in the story then you're told that one of your dens are being attacked which means going half way across the map to deal with it. The other is a puzzle style of game featuring Desmond in a first person perspective. It's a cool thing to have in the game but again feels unnecessary but if you want to know more about how Desmond grew up and was "chosen" as an assassin then this is a perfect way to do so, I personally found it really interesting. The multiplayer has been barely modified other than adding new game modes and new abilities, it generally feels more polished and you can see that, I found it quite addictive too and I would throw away COD or any game like that for the online; it's unique and really innovative which has payed off handsomely. Graphically it has been upgraded but only barely you can see little graphical changes since AC:2 which is a shame, it was a beautiful graphics engine, ans it's starting to show it's age just like the rest of the engine. The Verdict: If you're looking for a sprawling single player that will last you more than 10 hours then Assassin's Creed: Revelations is for you, with an addictive innovative multiplayer several new modes to play in the single player, this is truly one great game worth checking out even at full price. Expand
  58. Mar 20, 2012
    This game is visually stunning, as are the other three in the series. From the moment I found myself standing on the top of the Golden Dome looking out at 12th century Jerusalem, I was hooked on this series. From ACII's portrayal of the narrow alleyways of 15th and 16th century Florence, to the claustrophobic feel of San Gimignano, to the expanse of 16th century Rome in Brotherhood, Ubisoft never failed to impress with how well they managed to capture the flavor of the renaissance Italian city-states. It was all topped, however, by the magnificence and the squalor of 16th century Ottoman Istanbul. While I will admit that I am one of those who could not care less about Desmond, Revelation's brief focus on his back story, combined with a goofy and gratuitous new game mechanic, was thankfully far outweighed by by the depth of Ezio's tale. I was also quite pleased to find Altair as a playable character once again and that the remainder of his story was told. While I still think that ACII is the best game of the series, Revelations does not disappoint in the slightest. The game play and combat mechanics are as entertaining as ever, and the narrative qualities of the game are first rate. I'm not one of those gamers who gets his panties in a wad if a developer fails to reinvent a game in every single installment. I feel that if a studio has a narrative structure that works, game play mechanics that satisfy, an appealing aesthetic and a decent combat system, then the studio should use what works to tell the story. That is exactly what Ubisoft has done. By the end of the game, I discovered that I had a bit of an emotional investment in Ezio, and I felt regret that his tale had finally come to an end. If there is any criticism to be leveled, it would have to be about the MacGuffins such as flags, feathers, data bits, etc., that Ubisoft chose to put into the games. It is a small thing, but it does have a tendency to take one out of the experience. Still, it's almost inconsequential and it does have the advantage of encouraging exploration. Well, ok, that and the new bomb additions. The fact that the people of Istanbul seem to enjoy leaving various components for making crude grenades lying around all over the place, and that the Ottoman authorities were oblivious to that fact seemed silly to me. Truth to tell, almost none of the new features that Ubisoft put into Revelations improved on the game very much at all, although I did take a guilty pleasure in the gimmicky qualities of the new hook blade and the zip lines. Again, those are small quibbles. In a world of poorly crafted, disappointing video game franchises, the incredible quality of the AC series shines brightly. Expand
  59. Nov 15, 2011
    Best Assassin's Creed to date!! The Desmond Sections and The Den Defense gameplay system needs .. work! They are NOT revolutionary additions to the series. But apart from this, it's a stellar title!! Storytelling, Cinematics, Music, Script and Ending is Marvelous. A Damn fine sendoff to Altair and Ezio. Ending is very emotionally satisfying and makes you eagerly wait for the next installment. The game plays just like Brotherhood. What really stands out is the storytelling. Stories of Ezio, Altiar and Desmond are really well tied together. Only Ubisoft could pull off something like this. A Must-Play for Assassin's Creed Fans! .. Newcomers should not play this until and unless they play the first 3 games. Expand
  60. Dec 5, 2011
    Well 9.5 actually, the game makes various improvements to an already great formula established by the first three games. Although some additions may feel a little contrived such as the tower defense minigame, it does little to take away from the great experience. But my biggest surprise to the game was how different it felt from previous installments.The city feels much bigger, the graphics have seen a major facelift, the new weapons give more freedom in how you tackle missions and the storytelling has been vastly improved. All in all Revelations is a great game, but one must wonder how long ubisoft can keep its momentum with its annual release date of this franchise. Story:9.5 Gameplay:9.5 Graphics:9.2 soundvoice acting:9 Enjoyment :10 Replay value 10. Expand
  61. Dec 19, 2011
    Although i did enjoy the game, i do not think it was as good as is previous installments. Some of the missions are very linear and too easy to complete, and with the guidance systems telling you where and how to do something, it is no longer a challenge. On another note, the faction quests are extremely short, the most was roughly six, and the least amount of the questions for an entire faction was one. The multilayer has however lived up to brotherhood. A few tweaks have enhanced the experience and made it more comprehensive. Expand
  62. Jan 25, 2014
    Let's Be completely honest - no one gives a **** about desmond, but i have to give credit to his remade face model, so that the first thing I noticed this game has recieved an amazing graphics improvemnt from brotherhood, It makes desmond and ezio and altiar look so lifelike, speaking of altiar. This game does an amazing job of rounding up both ezio and altair's life, but why did they give altair a different voice actor, he sounds like that "Greenday Singer with the Cold", it's just so offputing if you ever finished the first assassin's creed like i did . anyway they even bothered to give him another love interest - Sofia Saltor, and gave a deeper insight to altair's life, and the gameplay is a huge plus - nice work Ubisoft, 2 weapon wheels are Great, and than there's the new inclusion the WABBAJACK,... Just kidding the hookblade, which obviously hooks on to things to fling off them and still be used as a hidden blade, In stores now for a mere 800 Australain Dollars - sorry american paper notes. This takes all of Assassin's Creed's past achievments and incorperates them in to a game to remember. And i firmly think it is the best game of the series. Expand
  63. Dec 13, 2011
    Assassins Creed Revelations, by far the best AC title out. The story of ACR will keep you on the edge of your seat and to top it off, literally blows your mind. Such a compelling complex story with excellent characters, and the gameplay was nothing short of amazing. You will find it extreamly difficult to get bored of this game. As for the critic giving this a 80 shame on you all, You would'nt know a good game if it hit smack in the face. 10/10 ACR is defiantly a contender for Game of year action adventure. And Ezio is by far the greatest game character of our time i never felt so attached to one Ezio Greatest Mentor of our time "The life of an assassin is pain, you suffer it you infilict it you watch it happen in hope that it will dissapear in time". Requiescat En Pace, Ezio Auditore Da Firenze. Expand
  64. Nov 27, 2011
    Great game,though it was a bit similar to Brotherhood and den defence wasnt all that good.But the story, graphics and soundtracck were quite good too.
  65. Feb 5, 2012
    Decent game, not worth $60 though.
    Everything seems familiar, and feels rushed.
    I felt like they were trying to end Ezio's story way to fast, and rushed the game and ended up creating a bad game.
    Everything is nearly the same from previous, but Assassins Creed has been one of my favorite series, but this one disappointed me in many ways. Like adding that new mode to defend your dens, that
    was unneeded, just a waste of time.
    If this is going to be your first Assassins Creed, then don't buy it, you will be confused if you haven't played previous ones.
    I love the Assassins Creed series, I love it's combat even if it's really easy, there is just something about it that makes it SO enjoyable to see your enemy die that way.
    I am going to give Assassins Creed another chance, and buy their next game, but they better not disappoint me again, and I am sure many others agree the same way.
  66. Mar 28, 2012
    Perfect game, it can even outshine Batman: Arkham City. There are no flaws, everything works well. Combat is easy but still interesting, story is amasing, stealth is good, parcour knows no equal. And do not say it's a copy-paste, if the game is good, repetiveness cannot harm it.
  67. Nov 15, 2011
    This game absolutely destroys in the current market. I don't buy the argument "It's the same as the other assassin's creeds." I'm sorry, I just don't. Assassins Creed Brotherhood released last year with a ton of new features that just added to the amazingness of the franchise. Revelations has released and it has added so many new features that just blow all of its competition out of the water. Please buy this game, you won't regret it. Expand
  68. Nov 22, 2011
    Ubisoft decided to pull an Activison and rehash their strongest franchise on a yearly basis.
    Unlike CoD, however, that mainly thrives from its MP this concept is not working out for the SP focused AC series.
    What Ubisoft is putting out with AC:R could be considered an expansion pack at best. Maybe they should have taken a lesson from Bethesda and Rockstar who were very successful with DLC
    addons for GTA IV and Fallout 3 because that is essentially what you are getting with AC:R, more content for AC2. Expand
  69. Nov 29, 2011
    I have really enjoyed this game. It is my favorite from assassins creed series. Actually, revelations is a well polished AC2 and brotherhood with new quests and spectacular missions. If AC2 and Brotherhood were exactly same, AC:R offers new mission types and new weapons concepts, so I think this game is underrated. It definitely deserves 90 - 95.
  70. Jan 4, 2012
    The additions are laughably bad. Den Defense is a poorly implemented tower defense mini-game, bombs are pointless considering all the other weapons you already had from previous games, and the Desmond sequences are mind-numbingly boring. The development team clearly ran out of ideas with this one. Save your money, and pick up AC2 for $10 (or less), which is the only good one of the series.
  71. Nov 28, 2011
    Perfect way to describe this game, "It is what it is". If you liked the previous releases then you will like this one. The managed to add a few things to the game not previously seen, some are pretty cool (parachute,hooks) and some are down right worthless (taking dens over and maintaining them). Still it plays on the storyline and opens you up to the future games to come.
  72. Nov 16, 2011
    Since this game is an annual release, I judge it on a different basis. Releasing a game each year is a daunting task, and to do it 4 years in a row (game is confirmed for next year) and with a production coming from 6 studios worldwide, this game is certainly impressive. Where it fails, much like all yearly releases, is innovation. This game offers nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics. Tower defense? We've seen that a million times before, and executed better. The hook blade? In terms of combat it offers some flashy, yet shallow moves, and in terms of transportation, zip-lines aren't exactly revolutionary either(The saboteur comes to mind, and that game rocks). Bomb crafting, seriously? Touting grenades as new and innovative? Give me a break.

I'm not saying I need something as mind blowing as the original, but something at least as cool as calling in fellow assassins from brotherhood would suffice(although that level up minigame was a time wasting pain) Multiplayer still feels wrong, it's all guesswork and random one hit kills from random characters shanking you, but I still think it has potential for a future game with a development time beyond one year.

It's hard to say this is a rental, because the game will last you a good 12-18 hours, but it's hard to recommend it as a purchase, because you are paying 60$ for what honestly feels like one giant expansion pack. I heard there are going to be black friday deals at best buy and other places for this game new for 35$ which I would suggest getting it then.
  73. Nov 15, 2011
    If you, like me, loved the past three games, you will think this game as amazing. Assassins creed Revelations answers many questions and keeps up the plot that wants to make you keep playing. Yes there a some annoying missions (such as the annoying version of tower defense) but if you can past that, AC revelations is a great game.
  74. Nov 17, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Revelations doesn't especially make good on its name, unless the titular revelations are that a) this game makes heavy use of escort quests, b) employs the fewest Templar dens, and c) has a mechanic whereby you will lose control of your retaken dens and then have to play the worst tower defense game imaginable to reclaim them. Oh, and often during those battles you will encounter a cowardly den captain who'll sense you and hide for an in-game day. Not fun. Buying up property, like always, is a blast - after overcoming the aforementioned hurdle of unlocking the ability to buy property by raiding dens and besting cowardly captains. There are some truly out-of-place Desmond segments, but they serve to flesh out the character wonderfully. The multiplayer is so tiresome and slow it doesn't bear mentioning. Ultimately, this game is worse than Brotherhood in flow, plot, and game design, but if you've been following the plot the past few years, you could do worse. Expand
  75. Jan 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished the game. It was 2am in the morning. The ending was so I have no words to explain well it like playing Batman Arkham City I was completey immersed the story and as if I was Ezio or Altiar in the game. . It completely blew me away. The ending made me so excited for AC3. Those who though Assassin Creed Brother was AC3 not its not technically it AC2.5 and ACR well I don't know 2.5.5? I would say Assassin Creed Revelation is the best of the Assassin Creed Series. First the story is Epic you learn more about Ezio and learn about what happened to Altair. Yes I know there some fans complaining about the fight mechanics but it still satisfying doing long streaks. I loved the new additions in the game but den defense was bit off but there was great improvement in how the assassin apprentice progress. The idea of master assassin mission is a huge improvement. This gives a picture how new assassin are trained. Also the notorious first person mode for Desmond. Yes I know it very random but actually I found very fun. I liked more about Desmond pass. The multi player also improved greatly. I loved how the added the bombs and new perks. The top thing I loved about in ACR are the new secret locations It huge improvement from AC2 and ACB locations. The small stuff I get didnt like was loss of horses from ACB I loved them but the zip lines was very good idea. Also when fighting I found using bomb and easy to kill enemies which made the game a bit to easy but there where times i actually needed to survive. Yes the counter moves are pretty much similar from before but they a lot of new counter moves to Ezio you just have to wait and see what new epic move he will do. This are small problems but DON'T LET IT STOP YOU FROM NOT HAVING A GOOD TIME IN THE GAME!!!!!! Honestly it just a small problem don't make it ruin the whole game. Also the last thing I was going say is please for those who haven't played a single Assassin Creed game play the first three games before think of buying ACR. This will give whole story because some people who give a low score. The reason is because they just look at gameplay not story because probably they didn't understand what is happening in the game. The story is reason why I give this game a 10 and I ignore all the small problem :D. I am very excited for Assassin Creed 3 Expand
  76. Nov 19, 2011
    Revelations is a great game by its own merits, though the repetition from an annual release pattern does make it less compelling than its predecessors. The core gameplay is fundamentally unchanged from AC Brotherhood, though the addition of the hookblade and bombs helps to further refine those mechanics. The hookblade makes climbing and jumping around the city faster and easier than ever, and helps make scaling those really tall sections much quicker. The bombs introduce a few tactical variations, particularly for those who enjoy a stealthy approach to missions. They can distract guards, helping you sneak past, help you get away unseen (a la a ninja-style smoke bomb), or simply kill unseen from a distance. They are well implemented and generally a good addition, albeit a fairly subtle one. The den defense minigame isn't that bad and I thought was kind of a fun break from the usual action. I like the constant back and forth between assassin and templar control of dens; it lends a sense of ongoing struggle in the city and forces you to watch your awareness level to keep things under control, as well as train assassins to maintain your dens against attack. The den defense minigame can pretty much be avoided entirely if you put enough effort into controlling your awareness level, but overall its a simple, quick, and relatively fun distraction. The mentoring aspect of the game is outstanding, and really embraces and expands on the system developed in AC Brotherhood. Assassins can be leveled up, can be called to help you in battle, can be sent to other cities to gain money and xp, or can be assigned to one of your dens. The latter allows your trainee to level up further than the others and eventually prevent templars from being able to attack your dens. In addition, they have some master assassin missions that Ezio gets to help out with, which does an awesome job of really making you feel like a mentor to these other assassins. The story is interesting enough, though the flashbacks with Altair really standout. Mission design is creative and generally interesting. The first few hours of the game really don't give the best impression, but once you get into it, it gets quite good. The city of Constantinople is a nice change from Rome, and feels like a marriage between the settings of AC 1 and AC 2. The graphics are good; the city and people have lots of detail and the draw distance is stellar. The city itself is beautiful and on the whole its a good looking game. The biggest nitpick I have with the visuals is that there is a lot of screen-tearing, coupled with the occasional slight frame-rate drop . Considering how many games Ubisoft have now made using this engine, and considering that the graphics have not improved from the last game, at least use some vertical-sync. Tearing is one of the most graphically annoying aspects of games in my opinion, and should not exist at this point in the consoles life-span in a series with this many iterations. Its hard for me to fault this game because I loved AC2 and AC Brotherhood, and Revelations plays fundamentally the same. Gameplay is slightly more refined than Brotherhood, and combat and parkour mechanics are smoother and more fluid than ever. That said, as much as I love being back in the world with Ezio and Altair, and eagerly await the next AC, I feel that the annual release schedule is doing more harm than good. Revelations deserves a slightly better Metacritic score than it has received based solely on its own merits, but coming out so soon after Brotherhood without the big leaps in quality and gameplay we saw between AC 1 to AC2, and AC2 to AC Brotherhood, it does feel a little bit repetitious. Having said all that, at this point you ought to know if this is a game you'll like or not. If you enjoyed the previous Assassin's Creed games then I don't see why this would be any different. Its easily as good as and in some ways slightly better than the previous games. If you didn't like AC 2 or Brotherhood then there is nothing new here that will change your mind. And if you're a newcomer to the series, I recommend you just pick up a used copy of AC 2 on the cheap and see if you like it. Revelations isn't the best jump-in point for newcomers because a) the story leading up to this game is so convoluted, and b) no tutorial is given on existing control and gameplay mechaincs, which will make this game a bit of a challenge for those who are new to the series. This game was clearly made for those who have been following Ezio's adventures to this point, and if that describes you then its a worthwhile purchase. Expand
  77. Dec 11, 2011
    Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The game begins with stunningly harmonic soundtrack and throughout the game continues to deliver the breath-taking graphics and audio that I seek in a game. Love it. I hope Ubisoft releases more games the Assassin's Creed series in the future. They've crafted an epic series.
  78. Nov 20, 2011
    The game was pretty fun. I enjoyed the story about Altair and Ezio, although I'm quite sad that they won't appear again. I though Ezio's ending wasn't broad enough, it didn't show us anything about after he get's out of Altair's libary. Gameplay was fun, mostly unchanged. The hookblade was a good addition, although the bombs were barely used by myself. Desmond was mostly irrelevant to me, he is barely seen and the cliffhanger seen at the end annoyed me. Thats 2 in a row -.-
    Can't wait for next years game, though!
  79. Nov 15, 2011
    Grandioso juego con muchas posibilidades de rejugabilidad, muy buen multijugador que innova en muchos aspectos, y una historia muy interesante con un protagonista de bastante carisma, gráficamente no hay gran diferencia pero esta espectacularmente recreada la ciudad de constantinopla en general un juego obligatorio para tener.
  80. Nov 15, 2011
    superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is one of the best assassin's creed games to grace the xbox 360 or any other platform.it has fluid visuals and is superbly crafted. a piece of art
  81. Nov 22, 2011
    This is one of the best assassina creed ever. If you dont understand the story of this game get the first one, if you got this game and didnt play the others and didnt understand, get the first one. This is one of the bets with really great visual's for the game's time and nice movement with a touch of blur when you move ezio( but it's ment to do that ) and when you attack the enemy with you weapon, you get this nice sword sound thats makes you feel it's life like game. This really deserves a 10/10. Expand
  82. Nov 16, 2011
    ubisoft needs to stop make this game, period, its to damn redundant, and they need to stop pushing back games that are actually good, like rainbow six and ghost recon, ghost recon has been pushed back, going on six years, and rainbow going six years when 2013 hits because that is the year when the new one comes out, it pisses me off how ubisoft do not prioritized when comes down to what game should come first before another one. Expand
  83. Nov 20, 2011
    Another year, another Assassin's Creed game. For most people, this connotation brings up thoughts of Call of Duty and lack of innovation. However each Assassin's Creed has found small ways to reinvent itself in each installment and while the newest, Revelations, may not be a perfect game, it is arguably the best in the series so far.

The game sees the main protagonist from the past two,
    Ezio Auditore return for his final adventure; however, he is not alone. The game also sees Altair, the legendary assassin from the first adventure, return to action. The story begins with Ezio returning to Masyaf, the long abandoned home of the assassin brotherhood, to discover the secrets of Altair's library and discover his place among the centuries old conflict between the brotherhood and the Knights Templar (all this is illustrated in the announcement trailer). He finds the old castle overrun by a Templar expedition and after much fighting finds that Altair's library is sealed by a solid stone door, and only by retrieving the five Masyaf keys can he open the door and reveal it's secrets. The five keys have been taken by Marco Polo's son to Constantinople, and unfortunately the Templars have already discovered the location of the first. From here, Ezio travels to Constantinople and the main story is split into two halves. The first involves obviously, Ezio recovering the Masyaf keys that Niccolo Polo has hidden using clues in books from throughout the city. The second involves the political turmoil involving the selection of Constantinople's new king. Story wise, Ubisoft has done a much better job telling a story in this game than past games. However while the story does have many highs, such as Ezio's love story and some of his regrets, there are a few letdowns. While it is a great nostalgia trip to play as Altair I felt as if his parts were very underwhelming, as was the giant "revelation" at the end of the game (I will not spoil anything).

If you played Assassin's Creed II or Brotherhood, the game play will feel incredibly similar to you. You'll tail certain individuals to gain information, hunt through tombs for treasure, and of course, assassinate. The controls of the game have been improved on, and the parkour elements feel better than ever. However, unfortunately the combat remains mostly the same and unfortunately far too simple. Ubisoft has tried to mix it up by adding different types of enemies (for example, some types cannot be grabbed while others may always dodge your basic attacks), but in the end you will still wait for someone to attack you so you can counter-kill them, and then use your kill streak to immediately kill any enemies around you. There are two new weapons/items in the game that are definitely worth mentioning. The first is the hookblade, which now replaces one of your assassin's blades. The hookblade has many uses, such as making climbing much easier and grappling on ziplines to navigate Constantinople faster. This hookblade is a great addition, and makes the parkour feel much smoother. The other big addition is bombs, which Ubisoft really tries to push in the game. You can craft three separate types of bombs: lethal, tactical, and diversion; Lethal are bombs used to harm/kill enemies, tactical give you an advantage such as smoke bombs, and diversion help lure enemies away such as cherry bombs (make a loud noise). While these bombs are a good idea and addition, I found myself not using them that often as they're not necessarily needed to accomplish missions. The one major negative about the single player is "den defense". In Constantinople there are seven districts in the city, and each has a "den" located it in. In order to be able to renovate these districts, the Assassins need to control the den in the district (similar to destroying the Borgia towers in Brotherhood). To take over a den, you must first kill the captain of the den (wandering NPC) and then light a signal flare in the tower. However, the if you gain too much notoriety in the city based on your actions, the Templars may launch an attack to retake your dens. To defend the dens, you complete a "den defense" mini-game. This mini-game is essentially and menu and point tower defense game, and really lacks inspiration and therefore, fun. The multi-player has received a big upgrade, and I have to admit it is one of the most satisfying multi-player experiences out there. Game modes such as "Wanted" still stick to the theme of "it's not how many you kill, it's how you kill", and I have to admit it is incredibly satisfying finishing first in a match when you finish 5-9, but you planned and executed your kills rather than ran around like a madman. Overall Revelations is not a perfect game, but it is a very enjoyable game and arguably the best in the series to date.
  84. Nov 20, 2011
    There is not much to say. Its assassins creed. It has a terrific story. They gameplay is the same but with a couple additions. Its a really fun game. If you liked the previous ones you will enjoy this one.
  85. Mar 22, 2012
    This is the biggest game of all Assassins Creed to date, lots of side missions and things to see and do, and a huge map spanning 2 districts of Constantinople but this is by far my least favirote game in the series. The story feels strained and alot of the time you find yourself doing things with no motivation, often you will find yourself asking "why am I doing this again" and "who am I fighting" It is really that unclear. The gameplay is the same apart from a few token improvements like the hookblade and bombs. Whilst fun these elements aren't needed and they're just an excuse to change it up a bit. The music is good and it still retains the AC flavour but the entire game feels like Ubisoft trying to rinse as much money as they can from Ezio and co before they move on. It is an interesting game if you want the full AC experience and the characters of Ezio and Altiar remain interesting. The city you can explore is fun to run and climb around and the combat is still as fluid as ever. The multiplayer is by far the better part of Revalations. It makes you feel truly like an assassins and is the most intense online experience I've had. Revalations is flawed and feels tired and outdated, but is still fun for die hard AC fans. Expand
  86. Sep 5, 2012
    Overall, I have no regrets buying this game. But part of me feels like it was made quickly to fill the gap between AC Brotherhood and AC3. (Not sure if AC3 or if there will be a different one still following Ezio's story.) It's still a great game, the campaign is a nice length, the multiplayer was fun, and you can replay it a few times and not get bored. Other than it felling like it could be a DLC for Brotherhood, it's still a great game. Expand
  87. Oct 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have a lot of feelings regarding this game. Almost entirely negative. This is my favourite game series, and this came so close to ruining it for me. The hook blade is a fine addition, the ziplines are cool (though are rarely placed where you need them), it's kind of nice having a smoke bomb that has a wide area, but apart from that I'm drawing a blank on the 'pros'. Ezio is back, because they'd rather drag him out for an annoying third encore for the audience to sit and clap through even though their hands hurt than they would leave the audience wanting more. Some of the characters you meet are cool, but I wasn't really invested in any of them. Any familiar characters from Ezio's former stories are stripped away from you. They become nothing more than a 'My Dearest Claudia' in the letters which serve as a few underdone quasi cut scenes to take you to the next DNA sequence. The Altair memories which were to be the most exciting element of the game are some of the WORST moments. The story of Altair's life beyond the first game and codex pages of Assassin's Creed 2 is either boring or not fully thought out, I can't tell which. All they needed to do to make playing as Altair the most fantastic experience was to give us the ONE leap of faith taken when taking the shortest route through Masyaf in the first game. INSTEAD it was decided that his movements should, for the most part, be limited to an irritating shuffle. Uphill. For the entire memory. And even in these sections, familiar characters were culled. It's as if the game made a deliberate attempt to alienate any loyal players who'd stuck around since the first game. The games physical space, while gorgeous and brilliantly colourful, is very limiting, or at least feels it. Then comes the excursion to Cappadocia - this nearly saved the game for me, a big statement, trust me. Arriving on that boat and stepping out only to realise it was a Templar CITY - the Templar equivalent of Masyaf - sent a genuine chill down my spine. It got off to a great start too! It's actually my favourite map out of all the games so far, with San Gimignano only just pipping it as best map to play through missions in. It feels big, and it feels dangerous, and it feels wonderful. Then you meet a woman who doesn't seem to need your help, but you help her anyway - she's sassy and capable and the coolest character in the game. Then she disappears from the entire game, when, after being there for five minutes, you for no apparent reason set the entire city on fire, killing hundreds, and leave. Why? I really don't know. And this was just one of a few decisions the game makes for you against your will. Among others are an assassination target who is quite obviously innocent for at least half the time you know him. You are forced to kill him anyway, because the game thinks you don't know that yet. The game feels shockingly and awfully unfinished and lazy. Things are rushed, questions are unanswered, every second character or plot device is a massive cliche and whole chunks of it seem to just be missing. For example, a mission exists to enlist the help of the city's Romani population, however, the leaders of the thieves and mercenaries guilds alarmingly acted as though they knew who I was when I had never spoken to them once, in any game. They took away good features and replaced them with gratuitous ones, they took away good characters and barely replaced them at all, and after this whole depressing ordeal the plot was so forgettable that I can't for the life of me remember what the point of it all was. More than anything I just feel supremely betrayed by this game Expand
  88. Nov 21, 2011
    I love this game. It's probably the best in the series, all things considered. The hookblade adds much needed speed to climbing as well as new ways to get around. The kills are more visceral, though killstreaks seem harder to get going, especially when the Janisseries are shooting. And the story is much improved, exploring the tragic aspect of Ezio's devotion to the Assassin's as well as giving Altair some needed depth. And to anyone who hasn't watched the Assassin's Creed: Embers video, you must, MUST, watch it. I consider it almost an obligatory part of Ezio's story, and it introduces a new brotherhood of the Assassin's. Awesomesauce. The environments are colorful, and being someone who has actually been to Istanbul, they got it down very well. The only drawbacks are the occasional bugs, like when Ezio gets caught phasing through an overhanging roof or just decides to fall flat on his face. And the controls are still unforgiving when you are off by a few degrees. But overall the set pieces are much improved and the story is a worthy end for Ezio.

And to all those **** who are berating this game for a lack of innovation, what about Madden? What about Cod or Battlefield? What about GTA? What about Halo? What about God of War? What about Resident Evil? What about Gears of War? What about Elder Scrolls? Are we to discount all these simply because their mechanics haven't significantly changed over the years? Or for the fact that Ubisoft and friends have the decency to provide us with amazing games regularly, year after year, with an amazing, arching story rich in culture and characters? Do you understand the level of work that goes into recreating Constantinople at it's peak? It's bloody absurd.
  89. Jan 2, 2012
    The fourth game in the series, but the third and final game which you will play as the amazing Ezio Auditore.

From the start of the game it is clear that the end is near for Ezio. He is looking old, you can see the grey in his hair and bear, the wrinkles on his face stand out a mile and he is starting to get rather slow. A clear indication as to how old he his getting is the new device he
    has. It is basically, what I like to call, a walking stick for jumping from roof to roof. Ezio now canâ Expand
  90. Nov 21, 2011
    They have nearly perfected the climbing and free-running with the addition of the hook blade, giving you a bit of extra climbing speed and reach when you need it. Fighting hasn't changed, and the environment looks only tweaked from how it looked in Italy. If they had scrapped carriage chases and a heartless tower defense mini-game, it would have been closer to a 9. Also, I'm missing the good old days of Assassins Creed 1 where you got a target to assassinate and you could decide how you wanted to go about it. In the rare instances where you "assassinate" a target, it is relatively scripted as far as the path you should take. The fun is dwindling. This series needs a tremendous shift to keep interest high, and hopefully AC3 will do it. Nonetheless, this is still a great game in its own way. Expand
  91. Nov 21, 2011
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations(ACR) is a great game, but some of the new features hurt it and do not really bring any value to the overall experience. ACR essentially sticks to the same gameplay since Assassin's Creed 2 and that is great thing. The free-running is still nearly flawless, the combat system is still awesome, and storytelling is still amazing and satisfying. What I did not like about ACR was the new features Den Defense, Templar Dens, and the notoriety system. Den Defense is a strange quasi tower defense mini game that is ruined by awkward camera angles and really not having a purpose other then to add something new. Templar Dens are similar to the Borgia towers from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and that is also is a good thing, but the coward captains, flee to easily, make them nearly impossible to beat. The notoriety system also has been screwed up solely because buying shops raises your notoriety, making you lower it about every three shops. However, I did like the bomb crafting. I felt like it gave the game new awesome ways to kill enemies and added more RPG elements to the game. Overall, ACR is a great game, with a few flaws that lower the gameplay. Expand
  92. Nov 15, 2011
    In response to MusicJJJ: Yes, I agree that AC2 and AC:B are essentially the same game as AC:R. However, in my case, those two games are two of my favourite games of the last years and I am perfectly happy playing through the same game again with the minor tweaks and add-ons the game includes.

The hook blade does add a nice little bit of polish to the game play, and the combat system,
    always a weakness in the previous installment, now seems very well-thought out and mature to me. The voice acting is great in my opinion - The characters, particularly Ezio, portray depth, feeling and a cheeky sense of humour that generally runs through the game.

The one point to detract from it is the new tower defence feature, which is very basic and time-consuming, although luckily their not obligatory. On this basis only I'll deduct one point from my score.

Very happy with the game - it is exactly what I expected it to be.
  93. Nov 21, 2011
    Since Assassin's Creed II I've been hooked on the Ezio Auditore storyline and for those whom are the same I will say this is the needed closure for that story. The gameplay is similar and somewhat marginally improved over AC: Brotherhood however I still loved the play through. Regarding Ezio, there is little to want with the end of this series and it definitely lays a good foundation for the release in 2012. Expand
  94. Nov 16, 2011
    ACR is easily better than Brotherhood, it fixes glitches, improves graphics, varies gameplay, and thus far, the story seems more important to the overall arc. Now, does a game that adds minor improvements to previous great games (in this case, AC2) mean the game is better, worse, or is it on equal footing? Nonetheless, despite not making the leaps AC2 made, it's pretty great. Unlike some of my contemporaries, I enjoy the tower defense. Expand
  95. Nov 19, 2011
    Everything was grand until I came to Desmond's memory things. Nothing could have broken the flow of that game like those. They're actually painful to play and game would have been a solid 9 without them. It just ruins the immersion of the game.
  96. Dec 31, 2011
    EPIC, DELICIOUS AND LOVELY, the game is just wonderful, the way it conclude the Altaïr's story, and open the gates for Desmond's fate is just perfect, loved it
  97. Nov 20, 2011
    Assassins creed 2 was an amazing game I will never forget. Assassins creed brotherhood was an ok I forgot most of. Assassins creed revelations is a mild game I only remember the ending to. The gameplay mechanics have stayed the same since the second game. The combat is too easy along with the difficulty of the game and the game practically plays itself. There is not enough secondary content to keep me interested and the multiplayer is just ok. Instead of the missions and bonus dungeons and armor, the main story IS the extra dungeons, large disappointment. Expand
  98. Nov 20, 2011
    I was hoping Revelations was going to blow my socks off, but it didn't. That doesn't mean it isn't good, it just means that it needs a bit more work. For starters: gameplay. Yes, I dig a lot of it. Yes, I love to sneak up on unsuspecting roof patrols and kill them in some way, shape, or form. That being said, maybe you guys need to amp up the AI a little. Yes, the Mediterranean Defense, Den Defense, and Animus Island minigames are fun, but it shouldn't always be about extra content. Instead, Ubisoft should be focusing on changing the game up a little bit. The next game is about Desmond, so there shouldn't be as much of the same thing here. Make him run around in the dark, make it hard for him to get away, make helicopters appear. Think about the timeline you're in and use all the tools you can to make it harder. Expand
  99. Nov 27, 2011
    Great game, even if it's a copy-paste from the last two. The added mechanics aren't what made me keep coming back, it's the old stuff. The Den Defense is poorly implemented and probably shouldn't have been included. The bomb-making is ok, and can be utilized well, but wasn't really necessary and doesn't add anything great to the game. Those issues can be easily overlooked though when compared to the beauty of the city, interesting (if not believable) story, and wonderful mechanics that carry over from Brotherhood. While it's hard to recommend jumping in here, if you haven't played any of the other AC games, if you have, Revelations should be a serious contender for your hard-earned cash. Expand
  100. Nov 27, 2011
    I don´t agree with the users that rate ACR with 0 or 6 because you can´t expect that a game that was created in 1 year changes much, im sure that the next assassins will innovate as much as the AC2 innovate from AC1 be patient and don´t be silly, this is a great game with a a great story, and a great game play yeah the same as the last but still great.
  101. Nov 16, 2011

1. Jan 30, 2012
    If you are already invested in the series then playing Revelations isn't even an option - it's mandatory. The story is just too important, and frankly, this is the best in the series when it comes to story and action sequences, and not even misplaced tower defense distraction and endless city domination missions can hold it back.
    Before its release we prayed Revelations to become a true ending of series. Now we can only hope this wasn't the last time we met Ezio. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    As it stands Assassin's Creed: Revelations is worth playing, but not as a premium title. The content is thin, the game isn't as interesting, and Ubisoft shouldn't have diluted the game to make a yearly cycle. In a glut of other games to buy during the holiday season, it just doesn't stand out as a must-have.