7.1

1. Nov 15, 2011
    The game itself is awesome, yes it has used the same engine and is more of the same but the engrossing storyline and new additions make it fresh enough for me to give it a ten....Thanks Ubisoft keep the creed games coming :)
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    If you, like me, loved the past three games, you will think this game as amazing. Assassins creed Revelations answers many questions and keeps up the plot that wants to make you keep playing. Yes there a some annoying missions (such as the annoying version of tower defense) but if you can past that, AC revelations is a great game.
  3. Dec 11, 2011
    Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The game begins with stunningly harmonic soundtrack and throughout the game continues to deliver the breath-taking graphics and audio that I seek in a game. Love it. I hope Ubisoft releases more games the Assassin's Creed series in the future. They've crafted an epic series.
  4. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is excellent. The story has far improved from brotherhood. Only problem is they have not changed to movement and combat really at all except for the hook blade. Hope they do a lot more for the next assassin trilogy.
  5. Nov 15, 2011
    In response to MusicJJJ: Yes, I agree that AC2 and AC:B are essentially the same game as AC:R. However, in my case, those two games are two of my favourite games of the last years and I am perfectly happy playing through the same game again with the minor tweaks and add-ons the game includes.

The hook blade does add a nice little bit of polish to the game play, and the combat system, always a weakness in the previous installment, now seems very well-thought out and mature to me. The voice acting is great in my opinion - The characters, particularly Ezio, portray depth, feeling and a cheeky sense of humour that generally runs through the game.

The one point to detract from it is the new tower defence feature, which is very basic and time-consuming, although luckily their not obligatory. On this basis only I'll deduct one point from my score.

Very happy with the game - it is exactly what I expected it to be.
  6. Nov 15, 2011
    Best Assassin's Creed to date!! The Desmond Sections and The Den Defense gameplay system needs .. work! They are NOT revolutionary additions to the series. But apart from this, it's a stellar title!! Storytelling, Cinematics, Music, Script and Ending is Marvelous. A Damn fine sendoff to Altair and Ezio. Ending is very emotionally satisfying and makes you eagerly wait for the nextBest Assassin's Creed to date!! The Desmond Sections and The Den Defense gameplay system needs .. work! They are NOT revolutionary additions to the series. But apart from this, it's a stellar title!! Storytelling, Cinematics, Music, Script and Ending is Marvelous. A Damn fine sendoff to Altair and Ezio. Ending is very emotionally satisfying and makes you eagerly wait for the next installment. The game plays just like Brotherhood. What really stands out is the storytelling. Stories of Ezio, Altiar and Desmond are really well tied together. Only Ubisoft could pull off something like this. A Must-Play for Assassin's Creed Fans! .. Newcomers should not play this until and unless they play the first 3 games. Collapse
  7. Nov 15, 2011
    superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is one of the best assassin's creed games to grace the xbox 360 or any other platform.it has fluid visuals and is superbly crafted. a piece of art
  8. Nov 16, 2011
    ACR is easily better than Brotherhood, it fixes glitches, improves graphics, varies gameplay, and thus far, the story seems more important to the overall arc. Now, does a game that adds minor improvements to previous great games (in this case, AC2) mean the game is better, worse, or is it on equal footing? Nonetheless, despite not making the leaps AC2 made, it's pretty great. Unlike someACR is easily better than Brotherhood, it fixes glitches, improves graphics, varies gameplay, and thus far, the story seems more important to the overall arc. Now, does a game that adds minor improvements to previous great games (in this case, AC2) mean the game is better, worse, or is it on equal footing? Nonetheless, despite not making the leaps AC2 made, it's pretty great. Unlike some of my contemporaries, I enjoy the tower defense. Expand
  9. Nov 17, 2011
    The game adds some new and interesting features to the single and multiplayer sections of the game. The game does play almost identical to the past games but it is something that is unique to this franchise. Making advanced changes in the gameplay could create a different feel to the game, which isn't always a good thing. Although the engine feels the same, graphically there are someThe game adds some new and interesting features to the single and multiplayer sections of the game. The game does play almost identical to the past games but it is something that is unique to this franchise. Making advanced changes in the gameplay could create a different feel to the game, which isn't always a good thing. Although the engine feels the same, graphically there are some improvements. Not much, but they are there. Multiplayer is a great experience which allows for a different style of competitive online games. There are multiple new game modes which allows for players to play their style. The game is a great and immersive game that expands the story of the other games. Although there isn't anything that really separates this game from the others, it is a welcome addition to an already great franchise. Expand
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    I am very curious as to why this game only got a 79. I know metacritic is a bit hard on their ratings, but I don't really understand this one. They complain about the game beings the same mechanics and stuff as the other ones, but isn't that how most games work? Look at other games, such as Modern Warfare (since it is relevant today). They have the exact same gameplay and multiplayer,I am very curious as to why this game only got a 79. I know metacritic is a bit hard on their ratings, but I don't really understand this one. They complain about the game beings the same mechanics and stuff as the other ones, but isn't that how most games work? Look at other games, such as Modern Warfare (since it is relevant today). They have the exact same gameplay and multiplayer, aside from a few killsteaks, and get in the mid to upper 80s and 90s. So why do you hate this, when it does the same.

Not to mention the multiplayer. I've only played a few matches, but I can already tell it is a lot better than Brotherhood's and I was having a blast with it.

The only reason I am giving this title a nine instead of a ten is because of the tower defense game and the desmond fiasco. Maybe others like it, but it got really old really fast.

All in all, I look forward to future games in the series and highly enjoyed this game.
  11. Nov 17, 2011
    Bigger, better looking, better functionality with more moves and modes than ever before makes this game the best entry in the AC franchise yet! A must have for fans of the series, definitely not a let down!
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    Grandioso juego con muchas posibilidades de rejugabilidad, muy buen multijugador que innova en muchos aspectos, y una historia muy interesante con un protagonista de bastante carisma, gráficamente no hay gran diferencia pero esta espectacularmente recreada la ciudad de constantinopla en general un juego obligatorio para tener.
  13. Nov 16, 2011
    assassins creed revelations is best game in paltfromer and third pirson It has everything u could possibly need in a action, stealth game. If u are a fan of assassins creed series then this is a must have if u want to continue through the story and the thriller Gameplay
  14. Nov 15, 2011
    Assassins Creed Revelation is without a doubt the best Assassins Creed game made. It has everything u could possibly need in a action, stealth game. If u are a fan of assassins creed series then this is a must have if u want to continue through the story and the thriller Gameplay
  15. Nov 15, 2011
    This is the best AC EVER, and the game can not be punished for is similar to its predecessors, because Uncharted and Call of Duty are too. Again UBI give to us a vacation on distant worlds, beautiful worlds, and Ezio is amazing in his final journey, I will missi him so much, but now I wanna AC3.
  16. Nov 15, 2011
    Probably my favorite assassins creed of all time, amazing story and great multiplayer. The controls and the game play is pretty similar to the ones in the previous games, but I don´t see that as a bad thing necessary. The story is by my opinion the best one yet and the multiplayer has several new features that will keep you busy for hours. If you liked the other assassinsProbably my favorite assassins creed of all time, amazing story and great multiplayer. The controls and the game play is pretty similar to the ones in the previous games, but I don´t see that as a bad thing necessary. The story is by my opinion the best one yet and the multiplayer has several new features that will keep you busy for hours. If you liked the other assassins creed games this is a must have. Expand
  17. Nov 18, 2011
    Best Assassins game yet, cant stop playing :) The story, the environment and the characters are awsome! And the MP has improved alot as well, mindblwong!
  18. Nov 15, 2011
    This game absolutely destroys in the current market. I don't buy the argument "It's the same as the other assassin's creeds." I'm sorry, I just don't. Assassins Creed Brotherhood released last year with a ton of new features that just added to the amazingness of the franchise. Revelations has released and it has added so many new features that just blow all of its competition out of theThis game absolutely destroys in the current market. I don't buy the argument "It's the same as the other assassin's creeds." I'm sorry, I just don't. Assassins Creed Brotherhood released last year with a ton of new features that just added to the amazingness of the franchise. Revelations has released and it has added so many new features that just blow all of its competition out of the water. Please buy this game, you won't regret it. Expand
  19. Nov 15, 2011
    Ah.... It's like being reunited with an old friend. The things I loved are back, and there are just enough new things to keep me coming back for more. The game doesn't really change much from its predecessor on multiplayer, but the story is just as compelling as it ever was. If your are a loyal fan to the series, you must play this game.
  20. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed Revelation is Fantastic in the way Ubisoft want to do it. But , yet there are some negative impression of games first one is plot ... which can be bit confusing in starting,the game play doesn't contain anything new much. As its already clear by making a quick dirty sequel so fast. But overall navigation,Fighting and Especially HOOKBALDE!! is charming. In whole , you will not understand what is happening but you can understand how its happening . It is a nice successor but , i was expecting more . Better luck next time Ubisoft ;) Expand
  21. Mar 28, 2012
    Perfect game, it can even outshine Batman: Arkham City. There are no flaws, everything works well. Combat is easy but still interesting, story is amasing, stealth is good, parcour knows no equal. And do not say it's a copy-paste, if the game is good, repetiveness cannot harm it.
  22. Nov 17, 2011
    The moment I started the story I was overwhelmed. So much love for the AC series. This installment wraps up the past two games. I could understand how some would feel certain repetitive features are becoming old but this game brings a lot of new aspects to the table. Very exciting. Sort of shaky on the whole mini-game aspect but it's not enough to take away from the whole experience.
  23. Nov 18, 2011
    Brilliant game; everything is perfect. Especially loved the first-person Desmond section of the game. The hookblade allows for some very interesting, and enjoyable combat moves, as well, speeds up travel dramatically. The tower defense mini-game was a very fun addition as well. Definitely the best Assassin's Creed so far!
  24. Nov 20, 2011
    The game was pretty fun. I enjoyed the story about Altair and Ezio, although I'm quite sad that they won't appear again. I though Ezio's ending wasn't broad enough, it didn't show us anything about after he get's out of Altair's libary. Gameplay was fun, mostly unchanged. The hookblade was a good addition, although the bombs were barely used by myself. Desmond was mostly irrelevant to me,The game was pretty fun. I enjoyed the story about Altair and Ezio, although I'm quite sad that they won't appear again. I though Ezio's ending wasn't broad enough, it didn't show us anything about after he get's out of Altair's libary. Gameplay was fun, mostly unchanged. The hookblade was a good addition, although the bombs were barely used by myself. Desmond was mostly irrelevant to me, he is barely seen and the cliffhanger seen at the end annoyed me. Thats 2 in a row -.-
    Can't wait for next years game, though!
  25. Nov 20, 2011
    an awesome game all the way. new content kept the game interesting and now the hook-blade helps immensely with climbing. Bomb making was simple and fun and Den Defense is one of the best tower defense mini-games I've every played
  26. Nov 20, 2011
    I think people do not understand what this game accomplished. They always look at the couple of things the game did wrong and exclude the amazing factors it has. You just look at how the Desmond missions were not that good and how the tower defense mini-game was not the best idea.You say that the gameplay feels like the same as previous games and it uses the same engine. How come you neverI think people do not understand what this game accomplished. They always look at the couple of things the game did wrong and exclude the amazing factors it has. You just look at how the Desmond missions were not that good and how the tower defense mini-game was not the best idea.You say that the gameplay feels like the same as previous games and it uses the same engine. How come you never talk about the amazing storyline, the awesomely refined multiplayer, the great voice attacking, the cool executions,... Do not score this game badly because of the Desmond missions (which you do not have to do), or the tower defense. I do believe that Ubisoft should make their next game with genuine and unique ideas and if they don't the series will fail, but this games mechanics are good enough to keep me enticed. Also, how come games like Call of duty and Uncharted get away with 90 and up scores but they have the same gameplay as the pervious titles before it. (I still love both games though, just like Assassins Creed) I gave this game a ten because of the things that it did right and I care about, but Ubisoft should make the next game with better new ideas than this one. Expand
  27. Nov 21, 2011
    I love this game. It's probably the best in the series, all things considered. The hookblade adds much needed speed to climbing as well as new ways to get around. The kills are more visceral, though killstreaks seem harder to get going, especially when the Janisseries are shooting. And the story is much improved, exploring the tragic aspect of Ezio's devotion to the Assassin's as well asI love this game. It's probably the best in the series, all things considered. The hookblade adds much needed speed to climbing as well as new ways to get around. The kills are more visceral, though killstreaks seem harder to get going, especially when the Janisseries are shooting. And the story is much improved, exploring the tragic aspect of Ezio's devotion to the Assassin's as well as giving Altair some needed depth. And to anyone who hasn't watched the Assassin's Creed: Embers video, you must, MUST, watch it. I consider it almost an obligatory part of Ezio's story, and it introduces a new brotherhood of the Assassin's. Awesomesauce. The environments are colorful, and being someone who has actually been to Istanbul, they got it down very well. The only drawbacks are the occasional bugs, like when Ezio gets caught phasing through an overhanging roof or just decides to fall flat on his face. And the controls are still unforgiving when you are off by a few degrees. But overall the set pieces are much improved and the story is a worthy end for Ezio.

And to all those **** who are berating this game for a lack of innovation, what about Madden? What about Cod or Battlefield? What about GTA? What about Halo? What about God of War? What about Resident Evil? What about Gears of War? What about Elder Scrolls? Are we to discount all these simply because their mechanics haven't significantly changed over the years? Or for the fact that Ubisoft and friends have the decency to provide us with amazing games regularly, year after year, with an amazing, arching story rich in culture and characters? Do you understand the level of work that goes into recreating Constantinople at it's peak? It's bloody absurd.
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is amazing the story was epic as usual and the multiplayer is improving alot, right now I prefer playing the multiplayer in assassins creed revelation over modern warfare 3
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    Since Assassin's Creed II I've been hooked on the Ezio Auditore storyline and for those whom are the same I will say this is the needed closure for that story. The gameplay is similar and somewhat marginally improved over AC: Brotherhood however I still loved the play through. Regarding Ezio, there is little to want with the end of this series and it definitely lays a good foundation forSince Assassin's Creed II I've been hooked on the Ezio Auditore storyline and for those whom are the same I will say this is the needed closure for that story. The gameplay is similar and somewhat marginally improved over AC: Brotherhood however I still loved the play through. Regarding Ezio, there is little to want with the end of this series and it definitely lays a good foundation for the release in 2012. Expand
  30. Nov 22, 2011
    This is one of the best assassina creed ever. If you dont understand the story of this game get the first one, if you got this game and didnt play the others and didnt understand, get the first one. This is one of the bets with really great visual's for the game's time and nice movement with a touch of blur when you move ezio( but it's ment to do that ) and when you attack the enemy withThis is one of the best assassina creed ever. If you dont understand the story of this game get the first one, if you got this game and didnt play the others and didnt understand, get the first one. This is one of the bets with really great visual's for the game's time and nice movement with a touch of blur when you move ezio( but it's ment to do that ) and when you attack the enemy with you weapon, you get this nice sword sound thats makes you feel it's life like game. This really deserves a 10/10. Expand
  31. Nov 15, 2011

1. Jan 30, 2012
    If you are already invested in the series then playing Revelations isn't even an option - it's mandatory. The story is just too important, and frankly, this is the best in the series when it comes to story and action sequences, and not even misplaced tower defense distraction and endless city domination missions can hold it back.
    Before its release we prayed Revelations to become a true ending of series. Now we can only hope this wasn't the last time we met Ezio. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    As it stands Assassin's Creed: Revelations is worth playing, but not as a premium title. The content is thin, the game isn't as interesting, and Ubisoft shouldn't have diluted the game to make a yearly cycle. In a glut of other games to buy during the holiday season, it just doesn't stand out as a must-have.