Assassin's Creed: Revelations Xbox 360

7.2

1. Nov 15, 2011
    The game itself is awesome, yes it has used the same engine and is more of the same but the engrossing storyline and new additions make it fresh enough for me to give it a ten....Thanks Ubisoft keep the creed games coming :)
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    This game was alright. Hooks were a great addition, but the bombs were whatever. This game was repeating the last game but having new maps and adventures are still fun.
  3. Nov 15, 2011
    If you, like me, loved the past three games, you will think this game as amazing. Assassins creed Revelations answers many questions and keeps up the plot that wants to make you keep playing. Yes there a some annoying missions (such as the annoying version of tower defense) but if you can past that, AC revelations is a great game.
  4. Dec 11, 2011
    Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The game begins with stunningly harmonic soundtrack and throughout the game continues to deliver the breath-taking graphics and audio that I seek in a game. Love it. I hope Ubisoft releases more games the Assassin's Creed series in the future. They've crafted an epic series.
  5. Nov 15, 2011
    This seems funny.
    AC:R is said to have tweaks and added gameplay changes yet it gets 79.
    It has improved muiltplayer and best yet an IMPROVED STORY. And yet it gets a 79! The reason why this is so odd is because of this. MW3 has an 89 despite the fact that it only made a couple suddle changes and still has a crappy solo mode. What do critics say? "If it ain't broke don't fix it!" Uncharted
    This seems funny.
    AC:R is said to have tweaks and added gameplay changes yet it gets 79.
    It has improved muiltplayer and best yet an IMPROVED STORY.
    And yet it gets a 79!
    The reason why this is so odd is because of this.
    What do critics say? "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
    Uncharted 3 gets a 92 even though it's the EXACT SAME GAME!
    NO GAMEPLAY CHANGES STORY WISE!
    Just MULTIPLAYER.
    Batman AC.
    It's just bigger but it has the SAME GAMEPLAY
    And yet AC:R is getting criticized while these other games run away Scott-free.
    What the f*ck game critics?
    This seems suspiciously biased against the AC franchise.
  6. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is excellent. The story has far improved from brotherhood. Only problem is they have not changed to movement and combat really at all except for the hook blade. Hope they do a lot more for the next assassin trilogy.
  7. Nov 15, 2011
    In response to MusicJJJ: Yes, I agree that AC2 and AC:B are essentially the same game as AC:R. However, in my case, those two games are two of my favourite games of the last years and I am perfectly happy playing through the same game again with the minor tweaks and add-ons the game includes.

The hook blade does add a nice little bit of polish to the game play, and the combat system, always a weakness in the previous installment, now seems very well-thought out and mature to me. The voice acting is great in my opinion - The characters, particularly Ezio, portray depth, feeling and a cheeky sense of humour that generally runs through the game.

The one point to detract from it is the new tower defence feature, which is very basic and time-consuming, although luckily their not obligatory. On this basis only I'll deduct one point from my score.

Very happy with the game - it is exactly what I expected it to be.
  8. Nov 20, 2011
    Another year, another Assassin's Creed game. For most people, this connotation brings up thoughts of Call of Duty and lack of innovation. However each Assassin's Creed has found small ways to reinvent itself in each installment and while the newest, Revelations, may not be a perfect game, it is arguably the best in the series so far.

The game sees the main protagonist from the past two,

The game sees the main protagonist from the past two, Ezio Auditore return for his final adventure; however, he is not alone. The game also sees Altair, the legendary assassin from the first adventure, return to action. The story begins with Ezio returning to Masyaf, the long abandoned home of the assassin brotherhood, to discover the secrets of Altair's library and discover his place among the centuries old conflict between the brotherhood and the Knights Templar (all this is illustrated in the announcement trailer). He finds the old castle overrun by a Templar expedition and after much fighting finds that Altair's library is sealed by a solid stone door, and only by retrieving the five Masyaf keys can he open the door and reveal it's secrets. The five keys have been taken by Marco Polo's son to Constantinople, and unfortunately the Templars have already discovered the location of the first. From here, Ezio travels to Constantinople and the main story is split into two halves. The first involves obviously, Ezio recovering the Masyaf keys that Niccolo Polo has hidden using clues in books from throughout the city. The second involves the political turmoil involving the selection of Constantinople's new king. Story wise, Ubisoft has done a much better job telling a story in this game than past games. However while the story does have many highs, such as Ezio's love story and some of his regrets, there are a few letdowns. While it is a great nostalgia trip to play as Altair I felt as if his parts were very underwhelming, as was the giant "revelation" at the end of the game (I will not spoil anything).

If you played Assassin's Creed II or Brotherhood, the game play will feel incredibly similar to you. You'll tail certain individuals to gain information, hunt through tombs for treasure, and of course, assassinate. The controls of the game have been improved on, and the parkour elements feel better than ever. However, unfortunately the combat remains mostly the same and unfortunately far too simple. Ubisoft has tried to mix it up by adding different types of enemies (for example, some types cannot be grabbed while others may always dodge your basic attacks), but in the end you will still wait for someone to attack you so you can counter-kill them, and then use your kill streak to immediately kill any enemies around you. There are two new weapons/items in the game that are definitely worth mentioning. The first is the hookblade, which now replaces one of your assassin's blades. The hookblade has many uses, such as making climbing much easier and grappling on ziplines to navigate Constantinople faster. This hookblade is a great addition, and makes the parkour feel much smoother. The other big addition is bombs, which Ubisoft really tries to push in the game. You can craft three separate types of bombs: lethal, tactical, and diversion; Lethal are bombs used to harm/kill enemies, tactical give you an advantage such as smoke bombs, and diversion help lure enemies away such as cherry bombs (make a loud noise). While these bombs are a good idea and addition, I found myself not using them that often as they're not necessarily needed to accomplish missions. The one major negative about the single player is "den defense". In Constantinople there are seven districts in the city, and each has a "den" located it in. In order to be able to renovate these districts, the Assassins need to control the den in the district (similar to destroying the Borgia towers in Brotherhood). To take over a den, you must first kill the captain of the den (wandering NPC) and then light a signal flare in the tower. However, the if you gain too much notoriety in the city based on your actions, the Templars may launch an attack to retake your dens. To defend the dens, you complete a "den defense" mini-game. This mini-game is essentially and menu and point tower defense game, and really lacks inspiration and therefore, fun. The multi-player has received a big upgrade, and I have to admit it is one of the most satisfying multi-player experiences out there. Game modes such as "Wanted" still stick to the theme of "it's not how many you kill, it's how you kill", and I have to admit it is incredibly satisfying finishing first in a match when you finish 5-9, but you planned and executed your kills rather than ran around like a madman. Overall Revelations is not a perfect game, but it is a very enjoyable game and arguably the best in the series to date.
  9. Nov 27, 2011
    Great game, even if it's a copy-paste from the last two. The added mechanics aren't what made me keep coming back, it's the old stuff. The Den Defense is poorly implemented and probably shouldn't have been included. The bomb-making is ok, and can be utilized well, but wasn't really necessary and doesn't add anything great to the game. Those issues can be easily overlooked though whenGreat game, even if it's a copy-paste from the last two. The added mechanics aren't what made me keep coming back, it's the old stuff. The Den Defense is poorly implemented and probably shouldn't have been included. The bomb-making is ok, and can be utilized well, but wasn't really necessary and doesn't add anything great to the game. Those issues can be easily overlooked though when compared to the beauty of the city, interesting (if not believable) story, and wonderful mechanics that carry over from Brotherhood. While it's hard to recommend jumping in here, if you haven't played any of the other AC games, if you have, Revelations should be a serious contender for your hard-earned cash. Expand
  10. Dec 23, 2011
    PROS:
    -Very well crafted city environment.
    -Still plenty to do. -Hugely improved and entertaining multiplayer experience. -A fitting end to Ezio's story. CONS: -Same gameplay and control issues. -The Altair segments are just too damn short to be meaningful. -WHAT 'Revelations'?!?! We STILL don't know why J. made D. kill L.! -Starting to show signs of Rushed Development.
    PROS:
    -Very well crafted city environment.
    -Still plenty to do.
    -Hugely improved and entertaining multiplayer experience.
    -A fitting end to Ezio's story.

CONS:
    -Same gameplay and control issues.
    -The Altair segments are just too damn short to be meaningful.
    -WHAT 'Revelations'?!?! We STILL don't know why J. made D. kill L.!
    -Starting to show signs of Rushed Development.

VERDICT: An okay AC game... but I'm starting to see signs of rushed development. For the love of God Ubisoft, don't kid yourselves into thinking you have to release the next game by 2012. Give it the time it needs.
  11. Nov 15, 2011
    Best Assassin's Creed to date!! The Desmond Sections and The Den Defense gameplay system needs .. work! They are NOT revolutionary additions to the series. But apart from this, it's a stellar title!! Storytelling, Cinematics, Music, Script and Ending is Marvelous. A Damn fine sendoff to Altair and Ezio. Ending is very emotionally satisfying and makes you eagerly wait for the nextBest Assassin's Creed to date!! The Desmond Sections and The Den Defense gameplay system needs .. work! They are NOT revolutionary additions to the series. But apart from this, it's a stellar title!! Storytelling, Cinematics, Music, Script and Ending is Marvelous. A Damn fine sendoff to Altair and Ezio. Ending is very emotionally satisfying and makes you eagerly wait for the next installment. The game plays just like Brotherhood. What really stands out is the storytelling. Stories of Ezio, Altiar and Desmond are really well tied together. Only Ubisoft could pull off something like this. A Must-Play for Assassin's Creed Fans! .. Newcomers should not play this until and unless they play the first 3 games. Expand
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is one of the best assassin's creed games to grace the xbox 360 or any other platform.it has fluid visuals and is superbly crafted. a piece of art
  13. Nov 16, 2011
    ACR is easily better than Brotherhood, it fixes glitches, improves graphics, varies gameplay, and thus far, the story seems more important to the overall arc. Now, does a game that adds minor improvements to previous great games (in this case, AC2) mean the game is better, worse, or is it on equal footing? Nonetheless, despite not making the leaps AC2 made, it's pretty great. Unlike someACR is easily better than Brotherhood, it fixes glitches, improves graphics, varies gameplay, and thus far, the story seems more important to the overall arc. Now, does a game that adds minor improvements to previous great games (in this case, AC2) mean the game is better, worse, or is it on equal footing? Nonetheless, despite not making the leaps AC2 made, it's pretty great. Unlike some of my contemporaries, I enjoy the tower defense. Expand
  14. Nov 17, 2011
    The game adds some new and interesting features to the single and multiplayer sections of the game. The game does play almost identical to the past games but it is something that is unique to this franchise. Making advanced changes in the gameplay could create a different feel to the game, which isn't always a good thing. Although the engine feels the same, graphically there are someThe game adds some new and interesting features to the single and multiplayer sections of the game. The game does play almost identical to the past games but it is something that is unique to this franchise. Making advanced changes in the gameplay could create a different feel to the game, which isn't always a good thing. Although the engine feels the same, graphically there are some improvements. Not much, but they are there. Multiplayer is a great experience which allows for a different style of competitive online games. There are multiple new game modes which allows for players to play their style. The game is a great and immersive game that expands the story of the other games. Although there isn't anything that really separates this game from the others, it is a welcome addition to an already great franchise. Expand
  15. Nov 15, 2011
    I am very curious as to why this game only got a 79. I know metacritic is a bit hard on their ratings, but I don't really understand this one. They complain about the game beings the same mechanics and stuff as the other ones, but isn't that how most games work? Look at other games, such as Modern Warfare (since it is relevant today). They have the exact same gameplay and multiplayer,I am very curious as to why this game only got a 79. I know metacritic is a bit hard on their ratings, but I don't really understand this one. They complain about the game beings the same mechanics and stuff as the other ones, but isn't that how most games work? Look at other games, such as Modern Warfare (since it is relevant today). They have the exact same gameplay and multiplayer, aside from a few killsteaks, and get in the mid to upper 80s and 90s. So why do you hate this, when it does the same.

Not to mention the multiplayer. I've only played a few matches, but I can already tell it is a lot better than Brotherhood's and I was having a blast with it.

The only reason I am giving this title a nine instead of a ten is because of the tower defense game and the desmond fiasco. Maybe others like it, but it got really old really fast.

All in all, I look forward to future games in the series and highly enjoyed this game.
  16. Nov 17, 2011
    Bigger, better looking, better functionality with more moves and modes than ever before makes this game the best entry in the AC franchise yet! A must have for fans of the series, definitely not a let down!
  17. Nov 15, 2011
    Grandioso juego con muchas posibilidades de rejugabilidad, muy buen multijugador que innova en muchos aspectos, y una historia muy interesante con un protagonista de bastante carisma, gráficamente no hay gran diferencia pero esta espectacularmente recreada la ciudad de constantinopla en general un juego obligatorio para tener.
  18. Nov 16, 2011
    assassins creed revelations is best game in paltfromer and third pirson It has everything u could possibly need in a action, stealth game. If u are a fan of assassins creed series then this is a must have if u want to continue through the story and the thriller Gameplay
  19. Nov 15, 2011
    Assassins Creed Revelation is without a doubt the best Assassins Creed game made. It has everything u could possibly need in a action, stealth game. If u are a fan of assassins creed series then this is a must have if u want to continue through the story and the thriller Gameplay
  20. Nov 15, 2011
    This is the best AC EVER, and the game can not be punished for is similar to its predecessors, because Uncharted and Call of Duty are too. Again UBI give to us a vacation on distant worlds, beautiful worlds, and Ezio is amazing in his final journey, I will missi him so much, but now I wanna AC3.
  21. Nov 15, 2011
    Probably my favorite assassins creed of all time, amazing story and great multiplayer. The controls and the game play is pretty similar to the ones in the previous games, but I don´t see that as a bad thing necessary. The story is by my opinion the best one yet and the multiplayer has several new features that will keep you busy for hours. If you liked the other assassinsProbably my favorite assassins creed of all time, amazing story and great multiplayer. The controls and the game play is pretty similar to the ones in the previous games, but I don´t see that as a bad thing necessary. The story is by my opinion the best one yet and the multiplayer has several new features that will keep you busy for hours. If you liked the other assassins creed games this is a must have. Expand
  22. Nov 18, 2011
    Best Assassins game yet, cant stop playing :) The story, the environment and the characters are awsome! And the MP has improved alot as well, mindblwong!
  23. Nov 15, 2011
    This game absolutely destroys in the current market. I don't buy the argument "It's the same as the other assassin's creeds." I'm sorry, I just don't. Assassins Creed Brotherhood released last year with a ton of new features that just added to the amazingness of the franchise. Revelations has released and it has added so many new features that just blow all of its competition out of theThis game absolutely destroys in the current market. I don't buy the argument "It's the same as the other assassin's creeds." I'm sorry, I just don't. Assassins Creed Brotherhood released last year with a ton of new features that just added to the amazingness of the franchise. Revelations has released and it has added so many new features that just blow all of its competition out of the water. Please buy this game, you won't regret it. Collapse
  24. Nov 15, 2011
    Ah.... It's like being reunited with an old friend. The things I loved are back, and there are just enough new things to keep me coming back for more. The game doesn't really change much from its predecessor on multiplayer, but the story is just as compelling as it ever was. If your are a loyal fan to the series, you must play this game.
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed Revelation is Fantastic in the way Ubisoft want to do it. But , yet there are some negative impression of games first one is plot ... which can be bit confusing in starting,the game play doesn't contain anything new much. As its already clear by making a quick dirty sequel so fast. But overall navigation,Fighting and Especially HOOKBALDE!! is charming. In whole , you will not understand what is happening but you can understand how its happening . It is a nice successor but , i was expecting more . Better luck next time Ubisoft ;) Expand
  26. Mar 28, 2012
    Perfect game, it can even outshine Batman: Arkham City. There are no flaws, everything works well. Combat is easy but still interesting, story is amasing, stealth is good, parcour knows no equal. And do not say it's a copy-paste, if the game is good, repetiveness cannot harm it.
  27. Nov 17, 2011
    The moment I started the story I was overwhelmed. So much love for the AC series. This installment wraps up the past two games. I could understand how some would feel certain repetitive features are becoming old but this game brings a lot of new aspects to the table. Very exciting. Sort of shaky on the whole mini-game aspect but it's not enough to take away from the whole experience.
  28. Nov 18, 2011
    Brilliant game; everything is perfect. Especially loved the first-person Desmond section of the game. The hookblade allows for some very interesting, and enjoyable combat moves, as well, speeds up travel dramatically. The tower defense mini-game was a very fun addition as well. Definitely the best Assassin's Creed so far!
  29. Nov 19, 2011
    Revelations is a great game by its own merits, though the repetition from an annual release pattern does make it less compelling than its predecessors. The core gameplay is fundamentally unchanged from AC Brotherhood, though the addition of the hookblade and bombs helps to further refine those mechanics. The hookblade makes climbing and jumping around the city faster and easier thanRevelations is a great game by its own merits, though the repetition from an annual release pattern does make it less compelling than its predecessors. The core gameplay is fundamentally unchanged from AC Brotherhood, though the addition of the hookblade and bombs helps to further refine those mechanics. The hookblade makes climbing and jumping around the city faster and easier than ever, and helps make scaling those really tall sections much quicker. The bombs introduce a few tactical variations, particularly for those who enjoy a stealthy approach to missions. They can distract guards, helping you sneak past, help you get away unseen (a la a ninja-style smoke bomb), or simply kill unseen from a distance. They are well implemented and generally a good addition, albeit a fairly subtle one. The den defense minigame isn't that bad and I thought was kind of a fun break from the usual action. I like the constant back and forth between assassin and templar control of dens; it lends a sense of ongoing struggle in the city and forces you to watch your awareness level to keep things under control, as well as train assassins to maintain your dens against attack. The den defense minigame can pretty much be avoided entirely if you put enough effort into controlling your awareness level, but overall its a simple, quick, and relatively fun distraction. The mentoring aspect of the game is outstanding, and really embraces and expands on the system developed in AC Brotherhood. Assassins can be leveled up, can be called to help you in battle, can be sent to other cities to gain money and xp, or can be assigned to one of your dens. The latter allows your trainee to level up further than the others and eventually prevent templars from being able to attack your dens. In addition, they have some master assassin missions that Ezio gets to help out with, which does an awesome job of really making you feel like a mentor to these other assassins. The story is interesting enough, though the flashbacks with Altair really standout. Mission design is creative and generally interesting. The first few hours of the game really don't give the best impression, but once you get into it, it gets quite good. The city of Constantinople is a nice change from Rome, and feels like a marriage between the settings of AC 1 and AC 2. The graphics are good; the city and people have lots of detail and the draw distance is stellar. The city itself is beautiful and on the whole its a good looking game. The biggest nitpick I have with the visuals is that there is a lot of screen-tearing, coupled with the occasional slight frame-rate drop . Considering how many games Ubisoft have now made using this engine, and considering that the graphics have not improved from the last game, at least use some vertical-sync. Tearing is one of the most graphically annoying aspects of games in my opinion, and should not exist at this point in the consoles life-span in a series with this many iterations. Its hard for me to fault this game because I loved AC2 and AC Brotherhood, and Revelations plays fundamentally the same. Gameplay is slightly more refined than Brotherhood, and combat and parkour mechanics are smoother and more fluid than ever. That said, as much as I love being back in the world with Ezio and Altair, and eagerly await the next AC, I feel that the annual release schedule is doing more harm than good. Revelations deserves a slightly better Metacritic score than it has received based solely on its own merits, but coming out so soon after Brotherhood without the big leaps in quality and gameplay we saw between AC 1 to AC2, and AC2 to AC Brotherhood, it does feel a little bit repetitious. Having said all that, at this point you ought to know if this is a game you'll like or not. If you enjoyed the previous Assassin's Creed games then I don't see why this would be any different. Its easily as good as and in some ways slightly better than the previous games. If you didn't like AC 2 or Brotherhood then there is nothing new here that will change your mind. And if you're a newcomer to the series, I recommend you just pick up a used copy of AC 2 on the cheap and see if you like it. Revelations isn't the best jump-in point for newcomers because a) the story leading up to this game is so convoluted, and b) no tutorial is given on existing control and gameplay mechaincs, which will make this game a bit of a challenge for those who are new to the series. This game was clearly made for those who have been following Ezio's adventures to this point, and if that describes you then its a worthwhile purchase. Expand
  30. Nov 20, 2011
    The game was pretty fun. I enjoyed the story about Altair and Ezio, although I'm quite sad that they won't appear again. I though Ezio's ending wasn't broad enough, it didn't show us anything about after he get's out of Altair's libary. Gameplay was fun, mostly unchanged. The hookblade was a good addition, although the bombs were barely used by myself. Desmond was mostly irrelevant to me,The game was pretty fun. I enjoyed the story about Altair and Ezio, although I'm quite sad that they won't appear again. I though Ezio's ending wasn't broad enough, it didn't show us anything about after he get's out of Altair's libary. Gameplay was fun, mostly unchanged. The hookblade was a good addition, although the bombs were barely used by myself. Desmond was mostly irrelevant to me, he is barely seen and the cliffhanger seen at the end annoyed me. Thats 2 in a row -.-
    Can't wait for next years game, though!
  31. Nov 15, 2011

1. Jan 30, 2012
    If you are already invested in the series then playing Revelations isn't even an option - it's mandatory. The story is just too important, and frankly, this is the best in the series when it comes to story and action sequences, and not even misplaced tower defense distraction and endless city domination missions can hold it back.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Before its release we prayed Revelations to become a true ending of series. Now we can only hope this wasn't the last time we met Ezio. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    As it stands Assassin's Creed: Revelations is worth playing, but not as a premium title. The content is thin, the game isn't as interesting, and Ubisoft shouldn't have diluted the game to make a yearly cycle. In a glut of other games to buy during the holiday season, it just doesn't stand out as a must-have.