7.1

1. Nov 15, 2011
    The game itself is awesome, yes it has used the same engine and is more of the same but the engrossing storyline and new additions make it fresh enough for me to give it a ten....Thanks Ubisoft keep the creed games coming :)
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not a great game; it's rather disappointing. The story has improved very much, and I won't say anything but it's really immersive and profound. BUT. The gameplay, voice acting and all those important stuff did not change a bit. It's the same controls, same assassination methods, same counter attacks and the same voice. It's fine for the obssessive AC"Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not a great game; it's rather disappointing. The story has improved very much, and I won't say anything but it's really immersive and profound. BUT. The gameplay, voice acting and all those important stuff did not change a bit. It's the same controls, same assassination methods, same counter attacks and the same voice. It's fine for the obssessive AC fans, but really? I'm kinda tired of doing this **** all over again. Don't get me wrong; it's a good game for the AC newbies, but guys who played all 3 AC games, it's decent. Expand
  3. Aug 7, 2012
    The game had a few new aspects that made it an enjoyable experience, the story still being very well made and all, but being the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed series, it sort of felt a little repetitive, the gameplay and voice acting did not change very much since the first.
  4. Nov 2, 2012
    This is more of a story game. You only stay in Constantinople (kind of like Rome in Brotherhood) and there are little to no side quests. Constantinople's skyline in somewhat interesting, with the bazaar and palaces, but you can't really shake the feeling that it seems the same across the map. the hookblade is fun to use (zip-lines! wewt) and the bombs make for an interesting experience.This is more of a story game. You only stay in Constantinople (kind of like Rome in Brotherhood) and there are little to no side quests. Constantinople's skyline in somewhat interesting, with the bazaar and palaces, but you can't really shake the feeling that it seems the same across the map. the hookblade is fun to use (zip-lines! wewt) and the bombs make for an interesting experience. the story was pretty interesting if you're wondering what is happening with Ezio and you will not understand the beginning of AC3 without it. The Altiar were disappointing, being only one sequence long each. the multiplayer is pretty fun, putting away the "target compass" from brotherhood and requiring you to pay attention to your surroundings. Overall, this game only exists for the story, and once you finish it, you really just end up putting it down Expand
  5. Dec 31, 2011
    This was an absolutely unnecessary game to release to continue the AC storyline. The fact that hardly anything new was added to the combat is the straw that breaks the camels back for me. Look, I loved AC 2 and I thought Brotherhood was a good enough followup to wrap up Ezio's story. However this game was not necessary and it really does seem they put the minimum amount of effort intoThis was an absolutely unnecessary game to release to continue the AC storyline. The fact that hardly anything new was added to the combat is the straw that breaks the camels back for me. Look, I loved AC 2 and I thought Brotherhood was a good enough followup to wrap up Ezio's story. However this game was not necessary and it really does seem they put the minimum amount of effort into making this game. It truly is almost a copy-paste of Brotherhood with only some minor things added in here and there. I think it's not right what they are doing to this franchise by releasing a new rehashed game every year as if it's some sort of sports franchise. This franchise deserves better and I can only hope they really go all out for AC 3 and not release anymore of these follow up stories. Expand
  6. Feb 5, 2012
    More of the same is not always a bad thing, especially when the "same" was good to begin with. The real problem with "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not its similarities to its predecessors - no, the core mechanics are still fun, and the plot feels more resolved than ever by Ezio's final mission. The real problem? Unnecessary additions. As this series has continued, they've tacked onMore of the same is not always a bad thing, especially when the "same" was good to begin with. The real problem with "Assassin's Creed: Revelations" is not its similarities to its predecessors - no, the core mechanics are still fun, and the plot feels more resolved than ever by Ezio's final mission. The real problem? Unnecessary additions. As this series has continued, they've tacked on more and more utterly useless pieces, from the pointless leveling of your support assassins in "Brotherhood" to the abominably irritating "den defense" sections in this game. Even the "hookblade," extending ezio's reach, only makes you feel sluggish when you can't find a zipline in the painfully small Constantinople. Don't get me wrong, the core mechanics are fine, even if the fighting is still uninspired block-counter-rinse-repeat. But the core mechanics are what should be built upon in a sequel, not tacking on more stuff. Assassin's Creed 2 was a great game, with a little bit too much padding in its side missions. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was still an okay game, but with much more padding even if the multiplayer was good. Assassin's Creed Revelations is so padded, it's hard to see the good game underneath. Which is a shame. I actually enjoyed the plot in this much more than "Brotherhood," but it's buried under a pointless quest involving local politics. And dull bomb crafting. And den defense. And those useless other assassin's I'm supposed to micromanage. Here's hoping in AC 3 they try a "less is more" approach. Collapse
  7. Feb 5, 2012
    Decent game, not worth $60 though.
    Everything seems familiar, and feels rushed.
    I felt like they were trying to end Ezio's story way to fast, and rushed the game and ended up creating a bad game. Everything is nearly the same from previous, but Assassins Creed has been one of my favorite series, but this one disappointed me in many ways. Like adding that new mode to defend your dens, that
    Decent game, not worth $60 though.
    Everything seems familiar, and feels rushed.
    Everything is nearly the same from previous, but Assassins Creed has been one of my favorite series, but this one disappointed me in many ways. Like adding that new mode to defend your dens, that was unneeded, just a waste of time.
    If this is going to be your first Assassins Creed, then don't buy it, you will be confused if you haven't played previous ones.
    I love the Assassins Creed series, I love it's combat even if it's really easy, there is just something about it that makes it SO enjoyable to see your enemy die that way.
    I am going to give Assassins Creed another chance, and buy their next game, but they better not disappoint me again, and I am sure many others agree the same way.
  8. Nov 16, 2011
    This game was alright. Hooks were a great addition, but the bombs were whatever. This game was repeating the last game but having new maps and adventures are still fun.
  9. Nov 15, 2011
    If you, like me, loved the past three games, you will think this game as amazing. Assassins creed Revelations answers many questions and keeps up the plot that wants to make you keep playing. Yes there a some annoying missions (such as the annoying version of tower defense) but if you can past that, AC revelations is a great game.
  10. Nov 23, 2011
    This review is for the campaign only.

This review is for the campaign only.

This is not a sequel in any sense of the word except for the fact that it somewhat furthers the story. Sadly, not much is really solved, and the game is very tedious. The mechanics to maintain "dens" are very annoying after the first handful of times because of how long it takes to get these dens secured by your own assassins. There's also a metagame in which you fight for control over the Mediterranean by sending your assassins off to complete missions and capture cities. Again, templars can retake anything you take, so expect to find yourself needing to stop the main quest repeatedly to take care of your fellow assassins and your duty as peacekeeper of the Mediterranean.

Not much new is introduced. Bombs are very fun, but you'll likely end up just using the weaponry from Brotherhood. The enhanced climbing is nice, but it feels less solid than Brotherhood and AC2. I have found myself getting quite frustrated at Ezio jumping away from structures when I was very clearly pushing up on the joystick. Honestly, I can't think of anything else that is new. Oh, ziplines from building to building. In my opinion, the metagames have become more annoying and intrusive, and the new additions are not enough to outweigh how heavily this game feels like Brotherhood. I found Brotherhood to be a worthy sequel to AC2. It introduced much more to the series.

I am giving this game a 4/10 as a sequel, and 9/10 as an expansion pack. I really cannot justify $60 for this game, though. Brotherhood, yes; a small expansion pack for Brotherhood, no. I have not played the multiplayer, but from what I have seen it appears very similar to Brotherhood with a few new modes.

Rent this one if you want. Otherwise, just read up on the story. Ah well, maybe the next installment will be better.
  11. Dec 11, 2011
    Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The game begins with stunningly harmonic soundtrack and throughout the game continues to deliver the breath-taking graphics and audio that I seek in a game. Love it. I hope Ubisoft releases more games the Assassin's Creed series in the future. They've crafted an epic series.
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    This seems funny.
    AC:R is said to have tweaks and added gameplay changes yet it gets 79.
    It has improved muiltplayer and best yet an IMPROVED STORY. And yet it gets a 79! The reason why this is so odd is because of this. MW3 has an 89 despite the fact that it only made a couple suddle changes and still has a crappy solo mode. What do critics say? "If it ain't broke don't fix it!" Uncharted
    This seems funny.
    AC:R is said to have tweaks and added gameplay changes yet it gets 79.
    It has improved muiltplayer and best yet an IMPROVED STORY.
    And yet it gets a 79!
    The reason why this is so odd is because of this.
    What do critics say? "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
    Uncharted 3 gets a 92 even though it's the EXACT SAME GAME!
    NO GAMEPLAY CHANGES STORY WISE!
    Just MULTIPLAYER.
    Batman AC.
    It's just bigger but it has the SAME GAMEPLAY
    And yet AC:R is getting criticized while these other games run away Scott-free.
    What the f*ck game critics?
    This seems suspiciously biased against the AC franchise.
  13. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is excellent. The story has far improved from brotherhood. Only problem is they have not changed to movement and combat really at all except for the hook blade. Hope they do a lot more for the next assassin trilogy.
  14. Nov 18, 2011
    The game sticks to the same formula we've seen since AC2, but it adds new things, such as Templar Dens/Den Defense and bomb making, that are just odd choices and feel extremely out of place in the Assassin's Creed universe. Den Defense is a weird tower defense mini game that is hampered by awkward camera angles and a severe lack of any kind of feedback. Templar Dens are a mess simplyThe game sticks to the same formula we've seen since AC2, but it adds new things, such as Templar Dens/Den Defense and bomb making, that are just odd choices and feel extremely out of place in the Assassin's Creed universe. Den Defense is a weird tower defense mini game that is hampered by awkward camera angles and a severe lack of any kind of feedback. Templar Dens are a mess simply because of the damn Coward Captains that will flee the second someone so much as coughs, making killing them unnecessarily difficult. Oh, and the notoriety system is all screwed up, you gain notoriety for buying shops and purchasing things from them. Why was that needed? Revelations is what you get when a big dev gets a little too comfortable raking in cash from a franchise year after year. It's not horrible, but just about every new addition hurts the game, and really makes it feel like a chore to play. Expand
  15. Nov 15, 2011
    In response to MusicJJJ: Yes, I agree that AC2 and AC:B are essentially the same game as AC:R. However, in my case, those two games are two of my favourite games of the last years and I am perfectly happy playing through the same game again with the minor tweaks and add-ons the game includes.

The hook blade does add a nice little bit of polish to the game play, and the combat system, always a weakness in the previous installment, now seems very well-thought out and mature to me. The voice acting is great in my opinion - The characters, particularly Ezio, portray depth, feeling and a cheeky sense of humour that generally runs through the game.

The one point to detract from it is the new tower defence feature, which is very basic and time-consuming, although luckily their not obligatory. On this basis only I'll deduct one point from my score.

Very happy with the game - it is exactly what I expected it to be.
  16. Nov 22, 2011
    Ubisoft decided to pull an Activison and rehash their strongest franchise on a yearly basis.
    Unlike CoD, however, that mainly thrives from its MP this concept is not working out for the SP focused AC series.
    What Ubisoft is putting out with AC:R could be considered an expansion pack at best. Maybe they should have taken a lesson from Bethesda and Rockstar who were very successful with DLC addons for GTA IV and Fallout 3 because that is essentially what you are getting with AC:R, more content for AC2.
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    Another year, another Assassin's Creed game. For most people, this connotation brings up thoughts of Call of Duty and lack of innovation. However each Assassin's Creed has found small ways to reinvent itself in each installment and while the newest, Revelations, may not be a perfect game, it is arguably the best in the series so far.

The game sees the main protagonist from the past two,

The game sees the main protagonist from the past two, Ezio Auditore return for his final adventure; however, he is not alone. The game also sees Altair, the legendary assassin from the first adventure, return to action. The story begins with Ezio returning to Masyaf, the long abandoned home of the assassin brotherhood, to discover the secrets of Altair's library and discover his place among the centuries old conflict between the brotherhood and the Knights Templar (all this is illustrated in the announcement trailer). He finds the old castle overrun by a Templar expedition and after much fighting finds that Altair's library is sealed by a solid stone door, and only by retrieving the five Masyaf keys can he open the door and reveal it's secrets. The five keys have been taken by Marco Polo's son to Constantinople, and unfortunately the Templars have already discovered the location of the first. From here, Ezio travels to Constantinople and the main story is split into two halves. The first involves obviously, Ezio recovering the Masyaf keys that Niccolo Polo has hidden using clues in books from throughout the city. The second involves the political turmoil involving the selection of Constantinople's new king. Story wise, Ubisoft has done a much better job telling a story in this game than past games. However while the story does have many highs, such as Ezio's love story and some of his regrets, there are a few letdowns. While it is a great nostalgia trip to play as Altair I felt as if his parts were very underwhelming, as was the giant "revelation" at the end of the game (I will not spoil anything).

If you played Assassin's Creed II or Brotherhood, the game play will feel incredibly similar to you. You'll tail certain individuals to gain information, hunt through tombs for treasure, and of course, assassinate. The controls of the game have been improved on, and the parkour elements feel better than ever. However, unfortunately the combat remains mostly the same and unfortunately far too simple. Ubisoft has tried to mix it up by adding different types of enemies (for example, some types cannot be grabbed while others may always dodge your basic attacks), but in the end you will still wait for someone to attack you so you can counter-kill them, and then use your kill streak to immediately kill any enemies around you. There are two new weapons/items in the game that are definitely worth mentioning. The first is the hookblade, which now replaces one of your assassin's blades. The hookblade has many uses, such as making climbing much easier and grappling on ziplines to navigate Constantinople faster. This hookblade is a great addition, and makes the parkour feel much smoother. The other big addition is bombs, which Ubisoft really tries to push in the game. You can craft three separate types of bombs: lethal, tactical, and diversion; Lethal are bombs used to harm/kill enemies, tactical give you an advantage such as smoke bombs, and diversion help lure enemies away such as cherry bombs (make a loud noise). While these bombs are a good idea and addition, I found myself not using them that often as they're not necessarily needed to accomplish missions. The one major negative about the single player is "den defense". In Constantinople there are seven districts in the city, and each has a "den" located it in. In order to be able to renovate these districts, the Assassins need to control the den in the district (similar to destroying the Borgia towers in Brotherhood). To take over a den, you must first kill the captain of the den (wandering NPC) and then light a signal flare in the tower. However, the if you gain too much notoriety in the city based on your actions, the Templars may launch an attack to retake your dens. To defend the dens, you complete a "den defense" mini-game. This mini-game is essentially and menu and point tower defense game, and really lacks inspiration and therefore, fun. The multi-player has received a big upgrade, and I have to admit it is one of the most satisfying multi-player experiences out there. Game modes such as "Wanted" still stick to the theme of "it's not how many you kill, it's how you kill", and I have to admit it is incredibly satisfying finishing first in a match when you finish 5-9, but you planned and executed your kills rather than ran around like a madman. Overall Revelations is not a perfect game, but it is a very enjoyable game and arguably the best in the series to date.
  18. Dec 13, 2011
    I must give 0 points just to correct the average score...I know, the ones who liked the game gave 10 though it wasn't worth it neither.

In fact it is a 75-85% Game! This game is far too short, it is far too easy and there is no **** story at all! AC2 ist one of my favorite gtames of all time. Brotherhood was also great. But it was for the reason, that both games combinded two Storys and

In fact it is a 75-85% Game!

AC2 ist one of my favorite gtames of all time. Brotherhood was also great. But it was for the reason, that both games combinded two Storys and many epoches. Not just the high medieval age and modern times, but any epoche thinkable with those glyphs.

You'll miss it all in Revelations. Press two buttons and win the game in less than 3 or 4 Hours....
  19. Dec 23, 2011
    PROS:
    -Very well crafted city environment.
    -Still plenty to do. -Hugely improved and entertaining multiplayer experience. -A fitting end to Ezio's story. CONS: -Same gameplay and control issues. -The Altair segments are just too damn short to be meaningful. -WHAT 'Revelations'?!?! We STILL don't know why J. made D. kill L.! -Starting to show signs of Rushed Development.
    PROS:
    -Very well crafted city environment.
    -Still plenty to do.
    -Hugely improved and entertaining multiplayer experience.
    -A fitting end to Ezio's story.

CONS:
    -Same gameplay and control issues.
    -The Altair segments are just too damn short to be meaningful.
    -WHAT 'Revelations'?!?! We STILL don't know why J. made D. kill L.!
    -Starting to show signs of Rushed Development.

VERDICT: An okay AC game... but I'm starting to see signs of rushed development. For the love of God Ubisoft, don't kid yourselves into thinking you have to release the next game by 2012. Give it the time it needs.
  20. Nov 17, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Revelations doesn't especially make good on its name, unless the titular revelations are that a) this game makes heavy use of escort quests, b) employs the fewest Templar dens, and c) has a mechanic whereby you will lose control of your retaken dens and then have to play the worst tower defense game imaginable to reclaim them. Oh, and often during those battles you willAssassin's Creed Revelations doesn't especially make good on its name, unless the titular revelations are that a) this game makes heavy use of escort quests, b) employs the fewest Templar dens, and c) has a mechanic whereby you will lose control of your retaken dens and then have to play the worst tower defense game imaginable to reclaim them. Oh, and often during those battles you will encounter a cowardly den captain who'll sense you and hide for an in-game day. Not fun. Buying up property, like always, is a blast - after overcoming the aforementioned hurdle of unlocking the ability to buy property by raiding dens and besting cowardly captains. There are some truly out-of-place Desmond segments, but they serve to flesh out the character wonderfully. The multiplayer is so tiresome and slow it doesn't bear mentioning. Ultimately, this game is worse than Brotherhood in flow, plot, and game design, but if you've been following the plot the past few years, you could do worse. Expand
  21. Nov 15, 2011
    Best Assassin's Creed to date!! The Desmond Sections and The Den Defense gameplay system needs .. work! They are NOT revolutionary additions to the series. But apart from this, it's a stellar title!! Storytelling, Cinematics, Music, Script and Ending is Marvelous. A Damn fine sendoff to Altair and Ezio. Ending is very emotionally satisfying and makes you eagerly wait for the nextBest Assassin's Creed to date!! The Desmond Sections and The Den Defense gameplay system needs .. work! They are NOT revolutionary additions to the series. But apart from this, it's a stellar title!! Storytelling, Cinematics, Music, Script and Ending is Marvelous. A Damn fine sendoff to Altair and Ezio. Ending is very emotionally satisfying and makes you eagerly wait for the next installment. The game plays just like Brotherhood. What really stands out is the storytelling. Stories of Ezio, Altiar and Desmond are really well tied together. Only Ubisoft could pull off something like this. A Must-Play for Assassin's Creed Fans! .. Newcomers should not play this until and unless they play the first 3 games. Expand
  22. Nov 15, 2011
    superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is one of the best assassin's creed games to grace the xbox 360 or any other platform.it has fluid visuals and is superbly crafted. a piece of art
  23. Nov 16, 2011
    ACR is easily better than Brotherhood, it fixes glitches, improves graphics, varies gameplay, and thus far, the story seems more important to the overall arc. Now, does a game that adds minor improvements to previous great games (in this case, AC2) mean the game is better, worse, or is it on equal footing? Nonetheless, despite not making the leaps AC2 made, it's pretty great. Unlike someACR is easily better than Brotherhood, it fixes glitches, improves graphics, varies gameplay, and thus far, the story seems more important to the overall arc. Now, does a game that adds minor improvements to previous great games (in this case, AC2) mean the game is better, worse, or is it on equal footing? Nonetheless, despite not making the leaps AC2 made, it's pretty great. Unlike some of my contemporaries, I enjoy the tower defense. Expand
  24. Nov 17, 2011
    The game adds some new and interesting features to the single and multiplayer sections of the game. The game does play almost identical to the past games but it is something that is unique to this franchise. Making advanced changes in the gameplay could create a different feel to the game, which isn't always a good thing. Although the engine feels the same, graphically there are someThe game adds some new and interesting features to the single and multiplayer sections of the game. The game does play almost identical to the past games but it is something that is unique to this franchise. Making advanced changes in the gameplay could create a different feel to the game, which isn't always a good thing. Although the engine feels the same, graphically there are some improvements. Not much, but they are there. Multiplayer is a great experience which allows for a different style of competitive online games. There are multiple new game modes which allows for players to play their style. The game is a great and immersive game that expands the story of the other games. Although there isn't anything that really separates this game from the others, it is a welcome addition to an already great franchise. Expand
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    I am very curious as to why this game only got a 79. I know metacritic is a bit hard on their ratings, but I don't really understand this one. They complain about the game beings the same mechanics and stuff as the other ones, but isn't that how most games work? Look at other games, such as Modern Warfare (since it is relevant today). They have the exact same gameplay and multiplayer,I am very curious as to why this game only got a 79. I know metacritic is a bit hard on their ratings, but I don't really understand this one. They complain about the game beings the same mechanics and stuff as the other ones, but isn't that how most games work? Look at other games, such as Modern Warfare (since it is relevant today). They have the exact same gameplay and multiplayer, aside from a few killsteaks, and get in the mid to upper 80s and 90s. So why do you hate this, when it does the same.

Not to mention the multiplayer. I've only played a few matches, but I can already tell it is a lot better than Brotherhood's and I was having a blast with it.

The only reason I am giving this title a nine instead of a ten is because of the tower defense game and the desmond fiasco. Maybe others like it, but it got really old really fast.

All in all, I look forward to future games in the series and highly enjoyed this game.
  26. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the worst Assassin's Creed ever made. It just spoil all the previous games because they made too many terrible changes to this game.

The best thing about this game are the soundtrack (wich is physically missing on the collector's edition) and the multiplayer mode improvements. About the story, nothing relevant is revealed in this game, so, if you are looking for answers you're

About the story, nothing relevant is revealed in this game, so, if you are looking for answers you're not going to find any, indeed there's some big plot holes that I doubt they will be answered in future games.

Also, there's a big downgrade in some design aspects of the game, the most notorious is the NEW Desmond face that ruined his part of game experience. (Ubisoft said that is because of an "upgraded" facial recognition technology, but don't make laugh, he looks like a surgery went wrong...) He is not Desmond anymore.
    Also, some parts of the city, multiplayer characters as well Ezio costumes are awfully designed.

I hope they can recover the quality of the previous ones for the next and last AC.
  27. Nov 17, 2011
    Bigger, better looking, better functionality with more moves and modes than ever before makes this game the best entry in the AC franchise yet! A must have for fans of the series, definitely not a let down!
  28. Dec 27, 2011
    I played this game right after my second playthrough of AC II. I have to say, this game took the maturity of the Assassin's Creed franchise and transformed it into an adolescent action/adventure American piece of garbage. How come the director of Far Cry 2, which is a mediocre FPS and Tennis Masters series took the position of directing one of the biggest and best franchises in theI played this game right after my second playthrough of AC II. I have to say, this game took the maturity of the Assassin's Creed franchise and transformed it into an adolescent action/adventure American piece of garbage. How come the director of Far Cry 2, which is a mediocre FPS and Tennis Masters series took the position of directing one of the biggest and best franchises in the videogame industry is still a mystery to me. Also before I finish my review, for anyone that knows mediterranean history, this game has some serious flaws in presenting what exactly the Ottomans/Turks were and most importantly, how civilized they were. I also find it funny that in Italy of Renaissance the guards didn't have any weapons but at the same time in Turkey, which was in the middle ages at that time, they had found rifles! In the end, one thing I learned from the Assassin's Creed series is: Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. And I use my critical thinking in everything. Thank you Ubisoft for teaching me how to do it. :P Here's looking forward to the next series by Patrice DÃ Expand
  29. Nov 16, 2011
    Since this game is an annual release, I judge it on a different basis. Releasing a game each year is a daunting task, and to do it 4 years in a row (game is confirmed for next year) and with a production coming from 6 studios worldwide, this game is certainly impressive. Where it fails, much like all yearly releases, is innovation. This game offers nothing new in terms of gameplaySince this game is an annual release, I judge it on a different basis. Releasing a game each year is a daunting task, and to do it 4 years in a row (game is confirmed for next year) and with a production coming from 6 studios worldwide, this game is certainly impressive. Where it fails, much like all yearly releases, is innovation. This game offers nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics. Tower defense? We've seen that a million times before, and executed better. The hook blade? In terms of combat it offers some flashy, yet shallow moves, and in terms of transportation, zip-lines aren't exactly revolutionary either(The saboteur comes to mind, and that game rocks). Bomb crafting, seriously? Touting grenades as new and innovative? Give me a break.

I'm not saying I need something as mind blowing as the original, but something at least as cool as calling in fellow assassins from brotherhood would suffice(although that level up minigame was a time wasting pain) Multiplayer still feels wrong, it's all guesswork and random one hit kills from random characters shanking you, but I still think it has potential for a future game with a development time beyond one year.

It's hard to say this is a rental, because the game will last you a good 12-18 hours, but it's hard to recommend it as a purchase, because you are paying 60$ for what honestly feels like one giant expansion pack. I heard there are going to be black friday deals at best buy and other places for this game new for 35$ which I would suggest getting it then.
  30. Nov 15, 2011
    Grandioso juego con muchas posibilidades de rejugabilidad, muy buen multijugador que innova en muchos aspectos, y una historia muy interesante con un protagonista de bastante carisma, gráficamente no hay gran diferencia pero esta espectacularmente recreada la ciudad de constantinopla en general un juego obligatorio para tener.
  31. Feb 5, 2012

1. Jan 30, 2012
    If you are already invested in the series then playing Revelations isn't even an option - it's mandatory. The story is just too important, and frankly, this is the best in the series when it comes to story and action sequences, and not even misplaced tower defense distraction and endless city domination missions can hold it back.
    Before its release we prayed Revelations to become a true ending of series. Now we can only hope this wasn't the last time we met Ezio. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    As it stands Assassin's Creed: Revelations is worth playing, but not as a premium title. The content is thin, the game isn't as interesting, and Ubisoft shouldn't have diluted the game to make a yearly cycle. In a glut of other games to buy during the holiday season, it just doesn't stand out as a must-have.