7.7

1. JulioD.
    Jun 12, 2008
    Although not completely historically accurate. The game still has a fascinating and well thought out story with good replayable gameplay. This game also has awesome graphics and cool cutscenes. Each character is unique and important to storyline and dialog is interesting.
  2. SevK.
    Nov 20, 2007
    This game is absolutely amazing. So far (and I've finished the game) the only flaw would be the shortness in story length, although this is somewhat counter-balanced with flag collecting and templar killing. This game definitely does not deserve a 7.
  3. JasonM.
    Dec 4, 2007
    Just a beautiful game and a must own, especially for fans of the Prince of Persia series.
  4. KieferM.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Sheer massive in scale, beautiful world, intense combat, lotsa neat tricks, skills and moves. and amazingly to my surprise, its got a bit of sci-fi thrown in there too... the only thing better would be... well, the sequel.
  5. Sindow
    Jan 7, 2009
    The only problem many people will have with this game is the lack of their own imaginations. While it seems the developers spent most of their time developing the engine the end result is well worth it. Once you learn Assassin's Creed is about doing awesome things for the sake of being fun instead of having a pop-up box telling you what you did was fun because you get points for it The only problem many people will have with this game is the lack of their own imaginations. While it seems the developers spent most of their time developing the engine the end result is well worth it. Once you learn Assassin's Creed is about doing awesome things for the sake of being fun instead of having a pop-up box telling you what you did was fun because you get points for it you will have a blast. Expand
  6. FilipV.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Very good graphics, living environment, easy but rewarding combat system and real freedom (climbing on rooftops)
  7. BryceD.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Awesome game!! Don't rush through it and you'll love it all the more. Don't trust that popular review site this is game you're gonna have to play for yourself.
  8. JamesM.
    Nov 21, 2007
    This games more like a 9.5 but I'll round up. It has possibly one of the most interesting stories seen in todays gaming community. Many people complain about the repetitiveness of the pre-assassination but you only have to do 2 or 3 for each kill. Also the gameplay is simplistic but it makes it so pretty much anyone can pick it up and play. The climbing is the best of any game and This games more like a 9.5 but I'll round up. It has possibly one of the most interesting stories seen in todays gaming community. Many people complain about the repetitiveness of the pre-assassination but you only have to do 2 or 3 for each kill. Also the gameplay is simplistic but it makes it so pretty much anyone can pick it up and play. The climbing is the best of any game and worth your while due to the gorgeous environments. There are a few downsides to this game. Sometimes when interrogating someone Altair wont kill them after listening to them talk this leads to the game to be playing but you cant move at all and its just focused on the guy waiting to be killed. Also there are a few instances where you counter kill or grab and end up glitching into the wall or out of the level. These are small blemishes on a amazing game. Its main outstanding feature is that there are no other games like this on the market. Expand
  9. BD.
    Nov 20, 2007
    I was looking forward to this game for over a year. Leading into the release date i was disappointed with the reviews i read. I still bought it on its release. Immediately i was liking it a lot because of the running and climbing. After two hours of playing i was only OK with the game play. It seems, due to reading so many reviews, that each reviewed flaw in the game stood out and annoyed I was looking forward to this game for over a year. Leading into the release date i was disappointed with the reviews i read. I still bought it on its release. Immediately i was liking it a lot because of the running and climbing. After two hours of playing i was only OK with the game play. It seems, due to reading so many reviews, that each reviewed flaw in the game stood out and annoyed me. Now i am little past half way through the game and i am loving it. Once you earn more abilities and weapons and get your characters movements and fighting down the game is awesome. You look past the small flaws and take in how huge the city is as you're just sprinting, diving, and climbing along the rooftops. Just the act of getting from one end of the city to the other becomes fun as you take it to the rooftops. I don't get sick of that. It seems some small details were cut in able to make room for the vastness of area and size, which is fine by me. I tend to stand my ground in fights and take out the surrounding guards with ease. I also love waiting for an archer a couple buildings over to turn around and then run across rooftops and dive into him with a secret blade to the throat. The game plays very much like the prince of persia in an open environment (lot of acrobatics and climbing), mixed with the Hitman series (researching, blending, and assassinating). Expand
  10. RobS.
    Dec 10, 2007
    The levels of immersion in this game are just immense. There are times when youll forget your in the Animus; and there are times when youll forget your playing a game, which is scary but awsome at the same time. The game is only repetitive if you plough through the story without exploring the game. The game in five words, SCALE, BLOODLUST, IMMERSION, DETAIL, FUN. A resounding 9 out of 10.
  11. AbdulS.
    Dec 10, 2007
    the best game on any console. all you critics are really stupid. graphics are the best, storyline is good, the only con is finding flags for achievments, otherwise an almost perfect game.
  12. ShanB.
    Jan 20, 2008
    Assasin's Creed is a great game, especialy those who are in to action games. The enviorment and characters all look stunning, the gameplay is fun and will keep you entertained even by just jumping across buildings. The only downside is that it does become a little repetitve near the end of the game. Overall, Assassin's Creed is a great game that will not to dispoint.
  13. JG
    Jan 3, 2008
    Awesome game. Assassin's creed breaks new gorund in graphics and evironments, but it lacks creative side missions, the game gets a bit repetitive and once beaten there isnt much replay value. Overal 9.3 rent or buy.
  14. AlexF.
    Feb 11, 2008
    I think this game should rate 10 or at least 9 because you have so much freedom to do what you want and the fighting is just fantastic! and very realistic.
  15. WillS.
    Feb 10, 2008
    Very interesting 3rd person adventure game. It's very refreshing to see one of the big studios make something new for a change. Assassin's Creed has high art quality, and some of the best animation blending i have seen in a game. I like being able to climb on almost ever surface, plus things such as mounted combat and the crowd AI really adds to the gameplay. Worth the buy!
  16. MW
    Mar 5, 2008
    Simply Fantastic...a must own game..I love Ubisoft.
  17. EdwardS.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Pleasing to say the least. Technically, this game plays great and looks amazing. Top notch graphics for sure. And as a GAME it
  18. MaxG.
    Nov 15, 2007
    So similar to Prince of Persia but so much better. It reminds me mostly of Theif (remember that one!) except the game is about a thousand times more complex. Plus, you can actually fight.
  19. BradW.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Great control scheme, though a little difficult to get used to. Awesome Story, voice acting, and Freerunning.
  20. IanC.
    Nov 15, 2007
    I've got an advance copy from *ssshhhhhh*, so this isn't guesswork, I've played a load of this today. My feeling is this is a game that's being marked on expectations, rather than the real deal, and that's a little unfair, and maybe there's also a lesson or two for Ubisoft regarding just how much they reveal about a game or hype it prior to release - you I've got an advance copy from *ssshhhhhh*, so this isn't guesswork, I've played a load of this today. My feeling is this is a game that's being marked on expectations, rather than the real deal, and that's a little unfair, and maybe there's also a lesson or two for Ubisoft regarding just how much they reveal about a game or hype it prior to release - you gotta hold something back, right? So far I'm loving AC. It looks amazing, it feels amazing, and right now I'm having a ton of fun running, climbing, fighting, exploring etc etc. Isn't that the point? So it gets boring later? This might be news for a few reviewers, but fair few games don't get boring after a while. I think this is a tip top title, and worth your pennies. It's courageous, innovative, interesting, and very very clever at times. Yeah it's got some glitches, but give the coders a break will ya, look what else it does! I can climb a tower without the tower looking in anyway as if it's designed for me to clamber on, it's all so fluid and 'natural'. One final comment - why have so many reviewers absolutely insisted on spoiling the storyline? Expand
  21. ScottD.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Love the stealth features and the new controls.
  22. Nox
    Nov 16, 2007
    Aslong as you arn't rushing through the game you'll enjoy it, if you are racing to the end you won't. A nice break from the hundreds of shooters this year.
  23. JasonA.
    Nov 16, 2007
    Great game - story is strong, game play is very smooth and innovative, and overall just a great game. The controls can be somewhat challenging and complicated, and a few nits here and there, but overall I really, really love this game.
  24. larzB
    Nov 16, 2007
    I am so hyped about Assassins Creed! This game is great. I was excited when I first saw the videos with Jade Raymond describing the game but now that I have it and have been playing it .. OMG!!!!!I love all the interaction with the environment and the people. Ubisoft really blended all the great gaming elements that are popular right now. Great Job!!! Much LOVE
  25. ClintK.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Simply incredible. It's like some of these reviewers are playing a different game. Maybe they've just been spoiled by so many great games this fall.
  26. MichaelR.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Incredibly addictive. Stunning graphics and awesome combat.
  27. JasonL.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Now I don't think this is a perfect game, it is repetetive, but some of the aweful and unfair scores it has recieved makes me rate it a 10 instead of a 9. This is a fantastic game, it looks great the AI is fantastic both the enemies and civilians. The ability to go anywhere and climb anything is refreshing and the different tactics you have to use in order to assassinate your targets Now I don't think this is a perfect game, it is repetetive, but some of the aweful and unfair scores it has recieved makes me rate it a 10 instead of a 9. This is a fantastic game, it looks great the AI is fantastic both the enemies and civilians. The ability to go anywhere and climb anything is refreshing and the different tactics you have to use in order to assassinate your targets adds refreshing twists at each turn. If you are reading this you owe it to yourself to at least give this one a try; if you come in with an open mind you won't be dissappointed. Expand
  28. RobC.
    Nov 27, 2007
    I'm confused. I take it everyone who has voted on here before have played a decent amount of games? If so, to the point where so many people's reviews i have read, and the amount of people who have said this game is repetitive really have not played alot of games i have. Can someone tell me a game where every action and every attack (if with swords or guns) is not repeated in I'm confused. I take it everyone who has voted on here before have played a decent amount of games? If so, to the point where so many people's reviews i have read, and the amount of people who have said this game is repetitive really have not played alot of games i have. Can someone tell me a game where every action and every attack (if with swords or guns) is not repeated in some way. I have only just begun assassins creed and compared to alot of games this really is amazing. From the beautifull graphics to the game mechanics. This game (for me) really is one of the top games i have played. Expand
  29. NealB.
    Dec 7, 2007
    This game is absolute perfection. It's Immersive, engaging, and compelling in presentation. To the reviewer who argues that the game is slow due to having to walk around at a crawl has clearly mis-interpreted the training scenarios. The proper way of moving about the cities are via the rooftops of by running in high profile mode to escape your perusers.
  30. BrodelE.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Best single player only game I have played in a LONG time!
  31. MatthewR.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Assassin's Creed flourishes for it's main story; the moment of a kill is everything it has to offer. However, in order to get this Kill the generic sidequests must be completed (often a chore). even with this hindering it the overall gameplay and excellent graphics allow for an amazing expirience.
  32. WesT.
    Jan 14, 2008
    This game is fantastic. I felt like I had full control of the environment around me. It has a great story line and will leave you deep in thought well after you finish the game. I suggest buying it now.
  33. ChristopherP.
    Oct 22, 2008
    The type of game you want to show off to people. Cinematic, easy to play, open-ended, absolutely gorgeous, and simply awesome to play. It's too bad there's so much trash you have to sit through to enjoy the gameplay and story inside the "virtual reality" sci-fi tale. The ridiculous and trite sci-fi story was completely unnecessary and a terrifically awful idea. You're a kid The type of game you want to show off to people. Cinematic, easy to play, open-ended, absolutely gorgeous, and simply awesome to play. It's too bad there's so much trash you have to sit through to enjoy the gameplay and story inside the "virtual reality" sci-fi tale. The ridiculous and trite sci-fi story was completely unnecessary and a terrifically awful idea. You're a kid remembering what his assassinating ancestors did? Who thought that was at all cool? You have to sit through long cutscenes of it with awkward, stupid, and pointless dialogue. The "characters" present in this part of the story are cardboard cut-out stereotypes who give you monologues which are less graceful than what you'd see in a typical Half-Life fanfiction. The entire thing is horrendous, and it's stunning that they thought it would be better than, you know, you being an actual assassin. There are lots of other God-awful design decisions riddled throughout the game: it's unbelievably easy, for starters. Now, I like easy games. I like games where I can play around without worrying too much about messing up and having to reload a save over and over. But this is just ridiculous. Your health bar (called "sync bar") is near-inexhaustible, even when surrounded by enemies. My brother and I both affectionately call this game "Assassin's Rampage", because you can tear through the entire city and every single guard without any real effort. And it really doesn't matter if you have an army of guards on you, because they *ALWAYS* attack one at a time, with breaks in between each guard you take down. What this means is that you can sit back and hit counter every time one comes at you, and you can take down dozens of them without taking a single hit if you're at all decent (of course, this doesn't matter with your already near-invincibility). There really is no challenging part to this game. The game often suggests things like taking our archers before your primary target so you don't get attacked by them when you have to escape. Well, guess what: It's completely unnecessary. Not only do arrows do almost no damage and barely slow you down, but you might not even run into any archers on your way out. If you do, just charge at them and take them out in one hit. It makes no difference. You can even just grab them and throw them off the building if you feel like it--the result's the same whether you attack or ignore them. I could go on about how you can run through the entire city killing, literally, every single guard and not worry about being discovered because of how ridiculously easy it is to kill or evade them (if Solid Snake were able to sit on a bench with his head down to vanish from oblivious guards running by, he wouldn't need a gun either), or that your primary targets often don't put up any fight at all, but the bottom line is that you're invincible and thus can do whatever the hell you want without worrying about the consequences. So, you're probably thinking "Why in the hell did you give this game a 9, then?" Well, because I like being able to randomly kill anyone I see and walk away. It's actually kind of refreshing to be able to play as if you have cheat codes on the whole time. I often find myself walking through a city toward whatever destination, and if I decide I didn't like how someone was looking at me, I can leap at them and stab them in the throat, and just walk away like nothing happened. I can do it fifty times in between objectives if I feel like it. I can take anyone, throw them to the ground, then leap on top of them and stab their throat in a similar fashion. I can push guards off towers and watch them fly over the edge and yell until they hit the ground as people scatter below. I can walk up behind one of the soapbox preachers and stab them in the back as they're yelling at a crowd. I can throw people into scaffolds and have it collapse over them. I can ride on a horse through a line of guards marching and knock all of them over. Hell, after I save a citizen from guards and listen to them thank me and tell me how honorable I am, I can immediately put a sword through their neck, and still get the bonus for saving them. In short, I can do whatever the hell I want, and the game doesn't care. There are no real rules. You're told there are and get suggestions about how to avoid guards and approach targets and whatever, but they're are all completely superficial. Kill guards in plain sight, or throw a dozen citizens down and stab them all in the neck. There's no actual consequence, and it looks damned cool when you pull it all off. The graphics, music, story (outside, or rather within, the stupid sci-fi crap), and production values are exceptional, too. If the idea of being an unstoppable assassin in a gorgeous world sounds like fun to you by itself, this game is a dream. Awesome. Expand
  34. Pidgeman
    Jan 31, 2008
    This game is brilliant. Not really a stealth game like hitman or splinter cell as you might expect. The graphics are easliy some of the best on 360, the view from the high points across the cities is breathtaking and the 'leaps of faith' are a brilliant touch. The gameplay can get a tad repetitve but with such big cities to explore and the ability to run and jump ANYWHERE it This game is brilliant. Not really a stealth game like hitman or splinter cell as you might expect. The graphics are easliy some of the best on 360, the view from the high points across the cities is breathtaking and the 'leaps of faith' are a brilliant touch. The gameplay can get a tad repetitve but with such big cities to explore and the ability to run and jump ANYWHERE it will be a long time before you get bored. Must Own. Expand
  35. PerryS.
    Jan 9, 2008
    WTH is up with all you haters! Assassin's creed is a great game but not perfect. Amazing graphics solid controls and not to linear game-play really puts u in the feel of Altair. Repetitive game-play my butt! find me one game that doesn't get repetitive! look at bioshock, a 96 and that is one of the most linear reptitve games i have ever played! i would recommomnd this game to WTH is up with all you haters! Assassin's creed is a great game but not perfect. Amazing graphics solid controls and not to linear game-play really puts u in the feel of Altair. Repetitive game-play my butt! find me one game that doesn't get repetitive! look at bioshock, a 96 and that is one of the most linear reptitve games i have ever played! i would recommomnd this game to anyone who loves their 360. Expand
  36. KanishkA
    Nov 19, 2009
    It amazes me as to how people cannot appreciate this game. This game is brilliant on so many levels and will definitely be remembered as the most well made games of this generation. Form the story lines to the expansive scenes of the towns from the view points. This game is simply breathe taking. The fights are tense and require you to use your skills as a player. Simple button mashing It amazes me as to how people cannot appreciate this game. This game is brilliant on so many levels and will definitely be remembered as the most well made games of this generation. Form the story lines to the expansive scenes of the towns from the view points. This game is simply breathe taking. The fights are tense and require you to use your skills as a player. Simple button mashing won't do. And guard chases are also lot of fun while searching for that very crucial hiding place. This game is just pure unadulterated fun. That is why I am unable to comprehend the reasoning of some of these critics here. Who have given bad reviews to an amazing game and brought down its overall rating. This games deserves nothing but excellent marks for all that it has to offer. Expand
  37. TigheM.
    Apr 28, 2009
    I think the main problem people have with Assassin's Creed will be that they are incapable of respecting it for what it is: it's really not that much like most other games. Reading some of the negative posts on this website, It has become clear to me that the most people can come up with to complain about is "It's too repetitive" or "I hated the sci-fi bit because it turns I think the main problem people have with Assassin's Creed will be that they are incapable of respecting it for what it is: it's really not that much like most other games. Reading some of the negative posts on this website, It has become clear to me that the most people can come up with to complain about is "It's too repetitive" or "I hated the sci-fi bit because it turns out I don't really get to be an assassin." In fact, I have seen several official reviews of the game that barely get above this standard themselves. Assassin's Creed is a game that you shouldn't play all in one or two 15-hour sessions; it's best taken an hour or two at a time over a longer period, giving your brain time to absorb all of the little details that make it so compelling. The emails you find on Vidic's computer aare just one example of the time the developers spent creating a vivid fiction to entertain those who can respect such a thing in a video game. If Gears of War is a summer blockbuster, AC is a critically acclaimed, misunderstood masterpiece. The design, ultimately, gives gamers a fun way to experience the cinematic masterpiece that is Assassin's Creed. Many people have been disappointed by the "too easy" fighting system; I think this goes to show that these people aren't taking the time to delve into the 'Assassin' part of the game; the level of satisfaction you get from gathering all of the info there is on your target, doing reconnaiscance, planning your attack, and then pulling off a daring assassination leaves all complaints I have about the fighting system behind. It is the small things that reinforce the overall experience that make this game amazing; the fact that Ubisoft obviously spent time making such a small thing as jumping through a merchant stand cinematic and cool elevates the experience beyond other games. Bottom Line: AC is not for everyone; but if you have patience, curiosity, and a love for cinematic storytelling, Assassin's Creed may just be the best game you'll ever play. Expand
  38. NathanC.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Awesome game! Great controls, nice fighting, everything!
  39. LordSergenteen
    Nov 13, 2007
    You the hell are all of these stupid people. Almost all critics are rating the good games bad and the bad games good this holiday season. My game stop just got their shipment in 1 hour ago and I am already an hour in. There is absolutly nothing wrong with this game and has way more two it than lesser games like COD4. If you own any major game and you want to own all of them, you needYou the hell are all of these stupid people. Almost all critics are rating the good games bad and the bad games good this holiday season. My game stop just got their shipment in 1 hour ago and I am already an hour in. There is absolutly nothing wrong with this game and has way more two it than lesser games like COD4. If you own any major game and you want to own all of them, you need to buy this. Expand
  40. TammyC.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Great graphics, story, and replay factor.
  41. DavidT.
    Unforgettable experience.
  42. FredW.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Simply the greatest game the XBOX 360 has seen. And as far as this style of game goes, remember Metal Gear Solid 2? The way it made you feel in regard to gameplay and the story content? This one makes that look like an 8-bit video game's reach. Yes, it's that good. My new favorite game, hands down.
  43. DrewC.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I heard several "interesting" facts about this game, but when I got to play it, it was intense! The running was a big favorite of mine, as well as the crowd and AI altogether. I really hope that they continue to please the crowd by making another successfull sequel.
  44. CharlesC.
    Nov 14, 2007
    One of the best 360 games to date. Non-linear gameplay is exciting and unpredictable. Bit by bit gaming companies are inching closer to smarter and more realisticly acting A.I.
  45. HarperB.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I rented this game because i loved ubi's prince of persia and figured that this one would be very similar. it is similar, but it's completely different at the same time. the only similarities are some of the video techniques and the fact that the main characters are middle-eastern, but this game has a plot twist that will make you start the game over and play it again with a I rented this game because i loved ubi's prince of persia and figured that this one would be very similar. it is similar, but it's completely different at the same time. the only similarities are some of the video techniques and the fact that the main characters are middle-eastern, but this game has a plot twist that will make you start the game over and play it again with a whole new perspective. oh, and yes, i ended up buying it after renting it. you should probably skip buying it if you're interested. it's well worth the money. Expand
  46. ThomasW.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I love the graphics and the playstyle of this game. I have been waiting for a game where I could wander around and do whatever i wanted and be amazed by the visuals. I thought Shadow of the Collossus would be one of my faves for a while but assassins creed blew it away. the graphics are stunning and assassinating people was never as fun.
  47. J.M.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Amazing! if GTA, Crackdown, and Prince of Persia had a 3-way, Assassin's Creed would be the child they'd make.
  48. JamesC.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Absolutely stunning graphics as well as gameplay and originality! This game takes the best elements of Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia and throws in the horse riding of Legend of Zelda and the sci-fi elements of The Matrix. All these parts together make for one very interesting and enjoyable game!
  49. NellyF.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Based on accuracy of history, leaders who were actually assassinated, i can't believe how fun and dynamic this game is. the most original of its kind that I'VE EVER PLAYED.
  50. JeffY.
    Nov 15, 2007
    This is not a game to run through. You need to take your time and experiance it. Sure, you end up pickpocketing and easedroping and fighting a lot. But it only gets repetitive if your just playing the game to get to the ending. Shooting a gun in a FPS isn't repetitive? Yes it is, but that dosen't mean its not fun. Assassin's Creed is the type of game that you need to take This is not a game to run through. You need to take your time and experiance it. Sure, you end up pickpocketing and easedroping and fighting a lot. But it only gets repetitive if your just playing the game to get to the ending. Shooting a gun in a FPS isn't repetitive? Yes it is, but that dosen't mean its not fun. Assassin's Creed is the type of game that you need to take your time and enjoy the experiance. Expand
  51. NickolasB.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Whoever says anything bad about this game will be assassinated by the swift hands of Altair! lol, kidding. but whoever doesn't like this game DOES need mental help. this game is worth every penny, and the replay value makes it so much more worthwhile. i finally beat the game last night and i'm going back to play it again for the fact that the story was that good. i want to Whoever says anything bad about this game will be assassinated by the swift hands of Altair! lol, kidding. but whoever doesn't like this game DOES need mental help. this game is worth every penny, and the replay value makes it so much more worthwhile. i finally beat the game last night and i'm going back to play it again for the fact that the story was that good. i want to relive the game again! you probably will too. Expand
  52. RichardM.
    If I didn
  53. SteveT.
    Nov 15, 2007
    So far So good. Don't pay attention to the critics that turded this game. It seems like there is a new trend for Negareviews. Anyways, I would say this game deserves high praise for originality and style. Awsome series and I already can't wait for more.
  54. ChrisK.
    Nov 15, 2007
    First and foremost, i will say this game was a small let down. I disagree with the guy who did the review for IGN as it is not one of the top 5 disappointments of all time. It seems, instead, to be a niche game comparable in style to Shadow of the Colossus. AC probably isn't for everyone, but I still think there are a good number of people who can pick it up and enjoy it. --- What First and foremost, i will say this game was a small let down. I disagree with the guy who did the review for IGN as it is not one of the top 5 disappointments of all time. It seems, instead, to be a niche game comparable in style to Shadow of the Colossus. AC probably isn't for everyone, but I still think there are a good number of people who can pick it up and enjoy it. --- What the game does well --- 1) Graphics: This has got to be the most beautiful game made EVAR! The world is rich and detailed, avatars look very realistic, and the animations are very fluid and enjoyable to look at. I have been unable to find the tearing textures that the official reviewers speak of, and i have yet to have a framerate drop that is noticable. 2) Exploration: I almost wonder if this game would have been better titled as Assassin's Playground, because you have access to just about the entire world. Creative use of your ability to climb almost anything can make the game enjoyable by itself. 3) Combat: The combat system can get dull if you let it (Counter FTW!), but even if you choose to take the easy way out it can still be an enjoyable experience. Altair has a number of unique combat animations that are pretty cool. The only downside is that for each weapon there are about 15ish or so animations you will see a lot, but i argue that is a good deal better than most games 2 or 4. The fun of the combat comes from mixing things up. If you stay in defensive stance and counter all day you will not have fun. If you take to the offensive you can really do some fun stuff. --- What the sequel can do better --- 1) AI and 2) Repetative gameplay. 1) The AI can be dreadful at times. For example, i have just fought and killed about 9 guards (not all at once). A tenth guard approached the battle as it was ending and did not enter combat. As i sheath my dagger, he walks over to a dead body and shouts "WHO DID THIS? I'M GONNA FIND YOU!" For his stupidity i stealth assassinated him, but you see my point. That brings up another bug with the AI in regards to stealth assassinations. I have been able to, on a few occassions, clear out an entire section of the cities guards using the stealth assassinations on every one i find and not enter into escape mode. In some cases i will do it with another guard watching the act and he will not enter attack mode. The final major issue i have with the AI is with the Archers on the roofs. If one spots you he will give you "YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE UP HERE!" and notches an arrow. He wont fire, but he is ready on a moments notice. The problem here is that when given the moments notice, he still doesn't fire. I will charge at the archer 'loudly' and assassinate him and not get shot at once. 2) The repetative gameplay will probably kill the game for most people, as it did for Shadow of the Colossus. I think its excusable as most of it results in combat, which i enjoy, or provides some story. Granted, sitting and eavesdropping on some story is not going to be fun for most people. Nor will saving the same 12 citizens over and over, that will get boring pretty quick. While that could be what an assassin would do, it needs to be spiced up for a video game. --- Final Thoughts --- I recommend renting this game. It is definitely a 9, if not a 10, for those who will enjoy the game. Regretfully, it is probably about 5 or a 6 for a good number of the gaming community. The only advice I can give if you are not enjoy it is mix things up, Then game is a lot more fun that way. Looking forward to the sequel! Expand
  55. SeanB.
    Nov 15, 2007
    This game is brilliant in every way I can conceive. THe combat is fluid. The movement on the cities' rooftops is so much fun. While the basic free missions are repeated quite a few times, they are all so much fun, or the weave more to the story, or are so quickly accomplished that it doesn't bother me in the least. The storyline just a blast. Many facets as well as many things This game is brilliant in every way I can conceive. THe combat is fluid. The movement on the cities' rooftops is so much fun. While the basic free missions are repeated quite a few times, they are all so much fun, or the weave more to the story, or are so quickly accomplished that it doesn't bother me in the least. The storyline just a blast. Many facets as well as many things augmenting the atmosphere to make it feel more tangible. Expand
  56. GanaM.
    Nov 16, 2007
    I'm typing this from work, and I would like to say that the number one thing I'm looking forward to getting home is not a) my girlfriend, b) my HEROES dvd i just got in the mail c) that tri-tip i have in my freezer... it's d) Assassin's Creed. ;D
  57. ChrisM.
    Nov 16, 2007
    This game is all about fun. Even the controls are fun....sounds crazy I know. Is it repetitive....umm I guess. But then again who doesn't want to a repeat of good old gaming fun.
  58. YoshiH.
    Nov 16, 2007
    Sam Fisher step aside, there is a new hero in Town! Altair is rockin as an assassin! The graphics are supberb! The lighting in the game is amazing! The shadows in the game are great! What a fantastic game!
  59. AliG.
    Nov 16, 2007
    This simply an amazing game. You will be wowed when you play it and trust me....5 hours into the game, it only gets better and better. Simply outstanding.
  60. BillyB.
    Nov 17, 2007
    This game is the breakout of a new era. It is amazing, the movement of the characters, and how they interact. The best thing is how much you can interact with the environment. The only thing that stopped me from giving it a 10, was the set up of the story, they should have just stuck with the era of the crusades, rather than a futuristic view trying to go back in time. All in all, if This game is the breakout of a new era. It is amazing, the movement of the characters, and how they interact. The best thing is how much you can interact with the environment. The only thing that stopped me from giving it a 10, was the set up of the story, they should have just stuck with the era of the crusades, rather than a futuristic view trying to go back in time. All in all, if there was a 9.5, it deserves it, great game, I hope there's a part two....atleast. Expand
  61. Spartan117
    Nov 17, 2007
    Great game, excelent story and graphics, a real next gen game.
  62. Teej
    Nov 17, 2007
    I think all the criticism about the repetition is certainly valid, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest, because the things you're repeating are insanely exciting. I'm only partway through the game, but I'm completely engrossed by the graphics and the story, and once you get used to them, the controls are great. There's nothing like the feeling when you I think all the criticism about the repetition is certainly valid, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest, because the things you're repeating are insanely exciting. I'm only partway through the game, but I'm completely engrossed by the graphics and the story, and once you get used to them, the controls are great. There's nothing like the feeling when you finally master the high-profile running kill. And when you jump out of hiding with virtually no room for error and pull it off on a well-protected target before he even gets the chance to see you, it's a hell of a rush. It's definitely not for everyone, but it's my kind of game. Expand
  63. Barry
    Nov 17, 2007
    It's just the perfect game. By far the best game graphically to ever come into the gaming world. Vast climbing environments makes it incredibly fun to jolt around off rooftops and performing leap off faiths from high up view points into hay. Free running is amazing, as is the gently pushing mechanism. Everything about Altair's body movements just oozes realism. Just look at the It's just the perfect game. By far the best game graphically to ever come into the gaming world. Vast climbing environments makes it incredibly fun to jolt around off rooftops and performing leap off faiths from high up view points into hay. Free running is amazing, as is the gently pushing mechanism. Everything about Altair's body movements just oozes realism. Just look at the way he gets his foot ready to walk across beams, the way he jumps off buildings into hay, the way he climbs and the interacting of AI & player. An epic game that you need to add to your collection. Truely amazing! Expand
  64. TimE.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Beautiful game, wonderful concepts and it's dependant on how you play the game. Where one man says repetition, I say change what you're doing. Yes, there are a limited number of side mission types, however despite this the game still manages to be exciting and enveloping. I for one enjoy the dual story line that is weaved throughout the game and enjoy playing the assassin and Beautiful game, wonderful concepts and it's dependant on how you play the game. Where one man says repetition, I say change what you're doing. Yes, there are a limited number of side mission types, however despite this the game still manages to be exciting and enveloping. I for one enjoy the dual story line that is weaved throughout the game and enjoy playing the assassin and listening to the other story. Expand
  65. Shatananshnasha
    Nov 17, 2007
    Great Combination of Prince of persia, Shadow of colossus & Splinter cell. Altaïr is the coolest looking main character in a while!
  66. ZabbaB.
    Nov 18, 2007
    I love it, fighting is cool new and responsive with neat little cinematic kills (if you counter the right way) its like playing a movie, with the great graphics, good story, smooth gameplay and odd hiding spots (in a crowd) its an awesome new game, im sure whatever negatives it has will be fixed in the next games in the Franchise.
  67. SamJ.
    Nov 18, 2007
    I have to say that I am loving this game. It is beautiful, compelling, and entertaining. The controls are terrific and Altair's ability to travel through the cities is very impressive. It doesn't quite make a 10 though, because it does get a little repetitve and your new abilities you unlock don't change much in the game. But besides these flaws this game is entertaining I have to say that I am loving this game. It is beautiful, compelling, and entertaining. The controls are terrific and Altair's ability to travel through the cities is very impressive. It doesn't quite make a 10 though, because it does get a little repetitve and your new abilities you unlock don't change much in the game. But besides these flaws this game is entertaining and it breaks the mold of what a stealth game can be.... Expand
  68. NickK.
    Nov 19, 2007
    I was pretty opened minded going into this game. I did not have any high expectations for it. I knew pretty much what they showed in the previews is what you will get. Finding out that it was / sci-fi was kinda disappointing and starting out the game wasn't what I had hoped but once I got through more of the game and then finished I was very impressed with the deep story and the I was pretty opened minded going into this game. I did not have any high expectations for it. I knew pretty much what they showed in the previews is what you will get. Finding out that it was / sci-fi was kinda disappointing and starting out the game wasn't what I had hoped but once I got through more of the game and then finished I was very impressed with the deep story and the action and freedom in the game. Although I wish they did more to the game, for what it was, was lots of fun to play and a story I can't wait to find out more about in the next one. I love to still go back and fly through the cities killing guards and whatnot. Templars are fun to find and hunt down. Expand
  69. MarkN.
    Nov 19, 2007
    You can't rush this game! I was trying to come up with some catch phrase that would explain how to truly get immersed in this game and find it a masterpiece..... It's not just "play it slow." It's actually.. "Play it like you would if you were really an assassin." IE be willing to sneak around and be patient... It's a thinking man's game... but at the same time.. You can't rush this game! I was trying to come up with some catch phrase that would explain how to truly get immersed in this game and find it a masterpiece..... It's not just "play it slow." It's actually.. "Play it like you would if you were really an assassin." IE be willing to sneak around and be patient... It's a thinking man's game... but at the same time.. be ready to be a bad arse and unleash heck in a way that Dynasty warriors and other Third person slashers have not been able to nail down in years. Expand
  70. AlanO.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Brilliiant and very involving game which throws you into a living medieval world and doesnt let you go untill the very end. recommended!
  71. BryonD.
    Nov 20, 2007
    The game itself is absolutely beautiful...streets are filled with people and the cities seem huge. Controls are great too...the only flaw is that the whole mission idea/structure seems like it neglected in favor of the controls and visuals.
  72. TuckerS.
    Nov 21, 2007
    The game is good with minor flaws, including the learning curve of the controls. But overall, its a game to get.
  73. KyleG.
    Nov 23, 2007
    I love Assassin's Creed. The environment is so dynamic and you really can put it to use wherever you are. The graphics are great(compared to those on my Wii) and the control system, while being slighty strange at first, is very intuitive and easy to use. Even if assination does get repetitive, climbing buildings is always fun and can last for ages given the size of the environments.
  74. KristofI.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Ok so its not a perfect game and it does get repetitive but did I think its ridiculously fun. I don't care if I am seeing something getting knifed in the top of the skull for 21398132 time, I still enjoy it equally. Its a little tedious to do all the side quests but hey, the game only makes you do an minimal amount before you can continue. I think people need to lay off and realize Ok so its not a perfect game and it does get repetitive but did I think its ridiculously fun. I don't care if I am seeing something getting knifed in the top of the skull for 21398132 time, I still enjoy it equally. Its a little tedious to do all the side quests but hey, the game only makes you do an minimal amount before you can continue. I think people need to lay off and realize how great this game is. I mean Ubisoft could of made another game that we have all played before just with prettier graphics. Instead they stepped up to the plate and tried something else. So its getting a 9 because its not perfect .. but man I can't wait till they make the sequel with a few adjustments! Expand
  75. DrealgrinV.
    Nov 26, 2007
    The whole thing, beautiful... god this game is good... a little too easy once you get used too it, but that's a testament to the interface. in my personal experience if you don't start out fights good then they won't end well either, but running away from a fight is one of the more satisfying parts. i know that sounds insane but the amount of time they put in the free The whole thing, beautiful... god this game is good... a little too easy once you get used too it, but that's a testament to the interface. in my personal experience if you don't start out fights good then they won't end well either, but running away from a fight is one of the more satisfying parts. i know that sounds insane but the amount of time they put in the free running aspect must have been hell!!! Altair makes it look easy to scale just about anything as long as you have a kung fu grip. Expand
  76. Nathan
    Nov 26, 2007
    If you have to listen to user comments, do not pay any attention to the comments by Don J! Are you five? You can't hold two buttons while you are playing? Just because you are inept at games does not mean that a game is bad! This is a great game that will entertain the crap out of you!
  77. NickV
    Nov 27, 2007
    Browsing through the comments, it's pretty evident that you're either going to REALLY like the game, or not at all.

I think a lot of the negative comments about this game stem from people who were expecting something that Ubisoft never had any intention of delivering. To them, no multiplayer, no true stealth, no constant action, simplified controls and a lot of cutscene "downtime" instantly triggers the "boring, there's nothing new here", hence the scattering of very negative comments.

The other side of the story is for people who have a bit more patience. Is there multiplayer? No, but the game doesn't lend itself to that gamplay style. Instead you're treated to a really immersing single player game, which are few and far between these days. The dual storyline is very engaging providing people have some patience and actually listen to what is being said. If you know what's going on, the plot raises motive questions and also gives a sense of purpose to your missions. The complainers also take issue with the simplified controls, but this game is NOT about 1 vs 1 combat or frantically tapping out a sequence of buttons to save your ass in a swordfight. Instead, the simplified and innovative combat scheme gives the game a certain grace and pace to fighting. It really shines when you're outnumbered and surrounded by a contingent of guards. There's nothing quite like systematically and gracefully taking them out one by one in quick succession. There's a huge "I'll do what I want when I want - just try to stop me" aspect of the game...and with a bit of skill you can pull it off and really put yourself in Altair's role.

And that's truly what the game has going for it.
  78. JoelA.
    Dec 26, 2007
    I found it fun and challenging exactly what i was expecting a very good game.
  79. JasonLong
    Dec 6, 2007
    Aside from the repetitious critical remarks made by many people, this game is actually very good. I was initially turned off by bad reviews, whinging and people claiming it was a failure. I didn't buy it for a while before giving in. I figured why not try it and see for myself.

Sorry guys. But this is an absolute blast of a game. The combat system is great, the game unlocks it

Sorry guys. But this is an absolute blast of a game.

The combat system is great, the game unlocks it slowly for you, so you don't get BORED. Each assassination unlocks new moves, weapons and street skills.

The historical depiction of the kingdom is fantastic. I visited the Church of the Holy Sepulchure, the Dome of Rock and other holy sites. The cities are brilliant, I found a real distinction between them. The church in Damascus is awesome.

The story has been slammed by so many people. WHY? It is a great story and the extra plot device works so well. The ending is like an episode of Lost. Just awesome.

Finally, yes it has its own set of faults and issues. Like many 'games', it is not like real life. What a shame.... Yes, some things are annoying and yes, the repetitive nature of the game is sometimes grating.... However, it was just so worth it. I finished it, and came away with an intense dislike for IGN's Hillary Goldstein. Funny that.

I am waiting in immense anticipation for the next chapter. Whilst doing so, I intend to play this game again.
  80. NickK
    Dec 9, 2007
    I would have to say that this would've been worth $100 if it was released at that price. Aside from the somewhat repetitive fighting system this game is at the top of my collection. The stunning graphics, in depth storyline and massive maps keep you wanting more from the game. I will be looking forward to a sequel.
  81. RaphaelP.
    Jan 12, 2008
    This game is simply the best action game I have ever played. Its scenery its simply marvelous and astonishing. the freedom you experience while playing is simply the best! everyone should play this game!
  82. ShaneSmith
    Nov 24, 2008
    Absolutely amazing game! Slightly repetitive, and some of the cut-scenes were a bit *too* long, but sticking with it is very rewarding.

Sometimes it was frustrating trying to escape the guards, and you start to wonder whether you should just fight them every single time. But then you lose their line of sight, and find a place to hide, and breathe a sigh of relief. A tip - playing on

A tip - playing on the 360, don't expect to pack up when you see the credits or get the "finished Assassin's Creed" achievement - there's a bit more you'll want to have a look at afterwards...
  83. KeZ.
    Jan 19, 2008
    Riveting story, beautiful graphics, fun gameplay. Assassin's creed masters all 3 aspects of a good game.
  84. HIroP.
    Feb 15, 2008
    While repetition is an issue, the game turns out to be very entertaining and likely one of the best games I've played in a long time. Combat controls are fluid and diverse. Not only that, but you're treated to some cinematic "finishing" moves, especially on counterattacks. All this is done without being annoying or taking control away from the character. The diversity of While repetition is an issue, the game turns out to be very entertaining and likely one of the best games I've played in a long time. Combat controls are fluid and diverse. Not only that, but you're treated to some cinematic "finishing" moves, especially on counterattacks. All this is done without being annoying or taking control away from the character. The diversity of objectives leaves a bit to be desires, but each (apart from Eavesdropping, really) presents it's own set of challenges, location not least among them. I wish they had made it possible to complete more of the game with less combat, but it's not intended as a stealth title, really. Expand
  85. BrennanM
    Jan 18, 2009
    Really good game, that's for sure. The combat is repetitve halfway through, but so long as you don't try saving every single citizen and stick to doing the bare minimum for the story to progress, the game flows very well and stays fresh, ESPECIALLY the climbing. My god, the climbing. It's absolutely beautiful, every single time you see a brick hanging out, that means Really good game, that's for sure. The combat is repetitve halfway through, but so long as you don't try saving every single citizen and stick to doing the bare minimum for the story to progress, the game flows very well and stays fresh, ESPECIALLY the climbing. My god, the climbing. It's absolutely beautiful, every single time you see a brick hanging out, that means it's grab-able. The Leaps of Faith from tall points are breathtaking, and I honestly cannot get enough. The game, when doing bare bones minimum (less achievements, but still get all the story), takes 10-15 hours, and my goodness, is it a good 10-15 hours. Expand
  86. ShaunaM.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Sneak kill! OH YEAH! As an assassin, I expect to have an arsenal at my disposal that fits the theme of what I do...assassinate. I also expect to have the skills and moves in the game to utilize my character in a way that's...well...assassin-like. I also want to feel like an assassin as I sneak up on my prey and take him out quietly, avoiding alerting the guards and people of the Sneak kill! OH YEAH! As an assassin, I expect to have an arsenal at my disposal that fits the theme of what I do...assassinate. I also expect to have the skills and moves in the game to utilize my character in a way that's...well...assassin-like. I also want to feel like an assassin as I sneak up on my prey and take him out quietly, avoiding alerting the guards and people of the city. And when things go bad, I want to be able to tear it up and fully assault my opposition. This game has all of that and more, I've never felt this close to the character in a game of this type. This may be the best thing since the Thief series, but even better because it's made for next-gen and LOOKS it. That's the other thing, this game looks and plays very well. It's a game I would recommend to anyone. Expand
  87. GrapeApe
    Nov 14, 2007
    Best musical score of the year. I
  88. RobertP.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Amazing game overall, with a good story, tight controls, stunning visuals and animations, and addictive gameplay. This is easily the Game of The Year.
  89. TerryM.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Crowd control! Why has none of the reviewers talked about the crowd interaction in this game? OMFG, it
  90. CodyB.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I agree with the gametrailers and game informer reviews. I think it is an innovative game a deffinately worth buying. The only complaints are the camera can get clunky at times and, yes, the A.I. is idiotic at times but the game play is engaging and the story is what truly makes this game. I am hooked. As far as the repitition. EVERY GAME IS REPITITIOUS!!! There is nothing wrong with this I agree with the gametrailers and game informer reviews. I think it is an innovative game a deffinately worth buying. The only complaints are the camera can get clunky at times and, yes, the A.I. is idiotic at times but the game play is engaging and the story is what truly makes this game. I am hooked. As far as the repitition. EVERY GAME IS REPITITIOUS!!! There is nothing wrong with this game when it comes to that area. The desire to know what happens next in the story overshadows the repitition and should make every other developer feel like they need to step it up. Expand
  91. MarkM.
    Nov 14, 2007
    With a little more refinement, Altair could be Ubisoft's Master Chief. Assassins Creed is (hopefully) the beginning of a great new franchise. Impeccable art direction and (almost) sandbox freedom make Assassin's Creed a must buy. Beautiful, exhilarating, and a twist that rivals the best thrillers, Assassins Creed is a landmark game for the new gen of consoles. Sorry Wii. This With a little more refinement, Altair could be Ubisoft's Master Chief. Assassins Creed is (hopefully) the beginning of a great new franchise. Impeccable art direction and (almost) sandbox freedom make Assassin's Creed a must buy. Beautiful, exhilarating, and a twist that rivals the best thrillers, Assassins Creed is a landmark game for the new gen of consoles. Sorry Wii. This one's for the big boys. ) Expand
  92. TylerK.
    Nov 14, 2007
    It's fresh and just damn fun to play. It gives you the open ended options of a game like Bethesda's Oblivion with a bit more direction - you don't necessarily have to explore everything and do all side quests, but they're there if you want to.
  93. J.McUbermensch
    Nov 15, 2007
    I understand the reasons why some don't like this game but it is what you make it. If you do ever job the same way then, yes, it will get rather ho hum but if you take your time and change it up a little then it is quite fun.
  94. DanN.
    Nov 15, 2007
    This game is absolutley amazing. Yeah it does get a bit repetative, but what game doesn't. In the long run, the stoy is good, the visuals are gorgeous , and the controls are actually pretty intuitive once you give them a chance. I would have to say a must own on 360 and I pray they make a sequel.
  95. JoeS.
    Nov 15, 2007
    It was a good game, a little too short however.
  96. Anonymous
    Nov 16, 2007
    Very driving game at first. Damascus is probably my favorite game level of all time. Although, after 12 hours or so, the game just falls from grace, and keeps falling. Word to the wise, to keep this game great: Only play 3-4 hours a day, to keep yourselves from tiring of it... Because once it starts feeling repetitive, it stays repetitive.
  97. MarkT
    Nov 16, 2007
    Fabulous game - only drops a point when compared to the genius of COD 4's story telling. But complaints about repetition notwithstanding, the thrill of the chase after a good assassination is fantastic.. the environments are beautiful, animation gorgeous, and unless you like nothing but twitching, AC's mini-games are very fun. So... Muslim assassin-hero chasing Christians fromFabulous game - only drops a point when compared to the genius of COD 4's story telling. But complaints about repetition notwithstanding, the thrill of the chase after a good assassination is fantastic.. the environments are beautiful, animation gorgeous, and unless you like nothing but twitching, AC's mini-games are very fun. So... Muslim assassin-hero chasing Christians from the Holy Land? Interesting concept! Expand
  98. JeffA.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Some of the negative reviews complain the game is too long and repetative. Most videogames are repetative so that's a mute point. As for the game being long, some reviewers complain when a game is too short. Assassin's Creed is great game and should not be missed. Some of the lower scoring reviews must be reviewers trying to make a name for themselves or get attention. Some of the negative reviews complain the game is too long and repetative. Most videogames are repetative so that's a mute point. As for the game being long, some reviewers complain when a game is too short. Assassin's Creed is great game and should not be missed. Some of the lower scoring reviews must be reviewers trying to make a name for themselves or get attention. Assassin's Creed tries to do something different where the safe thing to do is make a cookie cutter type game. Assassin's Creed not only tries to be different, it does it very well. Expand
  99. paulanderson
    Nov 17, 2007
    look at the magazine reviews above and look here for the REAL reviews...you know what i mean? we the people, the real gamers decide if this game is good or bad, not the so called critics. main bad word flowing around is that this game is repetative...yeah, and?...thats the idea, when you have a great idea and deliverance, you repeat that...what do they expect? one minute you are anlook at the magazine reviews above and look here for the REAL reviews...you know what i mean? we the people, the real gamers decide if this game is good or bad, not the so called critics. main bad word flowing around is that this game is repetative...yeah, and?...thats the idea, when you have a great idea and deliverance, you repeat that...what do they expect? one minute you are an assassin and next minute its mario brothers? it makes sense to me the game repeats itself..look at games that doesnt, like the all famous bond games...inorder to break repetition they put in off the wall car chases and stupid things like that which makes the experience more like a game, and less like real life. this assassin dude does one thing, he assassinates...period. you collect info, you go bust the target...simple, beautiful, modern...next frickin gen. Expand
  100. RyanC.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Great, Really fun, but the investigation gets overly-repetitive. Also, an option to 'fast-forward' to the cities would be nice. I hate riding to the cities.

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
    It's hard to put the sheer size and brilliance of Assassin's Creed into words. It is an epic game that you have to experience for yourself. I will caution that the game is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. While you can plow through the main storyline in under 20 hours, to truly get every single last shred of gaming goodness, you will probably have to put in twice that number.
  3. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.