Assassin's Creed Xbox 360

7.7

1. Sep 16, 2016
    This game is so horrible. I can't believe. Horrible game. Everything is horrible. I'll burn this game. I'll burn my console after played it. I need burn everything.
  2. Aug 30, 2016
    For an almost 10 year old game it still holds up to this day and is definitely worth picking up if you've never played an Assassin's Creed game before.

The game tells a story of Desmond Miles - a descendant of Assassins - a secret organisation fighting with Templars. While Assassins strive to preserve freedom - Templars seek to control people. Desmond who lives in modern times is put by Templars into Animus with which he can access genetic memories of his ancestors and re-lives the events happening in the third crusade times.

The game is very atmospheric. The cities you visit during the game are big and extremely atmospheric. It really does feel like a crusader movie. The movement - ability to climb any building, run on the rooftops is very well done. The whole scope of the game does look impress. For the times this was released it is very impressive. Even today it still looks very good and holds its own.

During the game you will kill a number of templars. And while all the tools seem to be present the game feels a bit repetitive. Each mission follows pretty much the same schematic - follow someone and eavesdrop on conversation to learn something, beat someone up, pickpocket someone else. In the end it does not affect the main mission much though. With additional Ubisoft dis tractors - climbing towers to reveal map and so on it's a completionist nightmare. Even more so that the side missions are even more repetitive than the core plot. The main missions at least vary from each other and are really fun to do.

The strength of this game lies within stealth. Blending with the crowd, picking routes to avoid detection to deal the final blow. When executed properly it's really satisfying. The combat is a bit too easy. All you have to do is wait for a queue to counter and you can fight off a hundred men.

The only problem I had was with an XBox controller which for some reason does not work well with the PC version of the game. And some keys are bound in a strange way without ability to re-bind them. Even using community fixes I couldn't get it to work exactly as it should.

The whole story of Desmond Miles is a bit weak - and personally I would prefer for it to be strictly about Altair.

Overall the game still holds up - worth picking up and playing through.
  3. Aug 17, 2016
    The first Assassin's Creed game was good, if a bit repetitive. I'll admit the climbing mechanics are clunky and annoying, but it was the first game and it was released back in 2007. The guard fights were repetitive and at times frustrating. The beggars and insane individuals were also very annoying. But aside from all of that, Assassin's Creed was a good game with a good story and goodThe first Assassin's Creed game was good, if a bit repetitive. I'll admit the climbing mechanics are clunky and annoying, but it was the first game and it was released back in 2007. The guard fights were repetitive and at times frustrating. The beggars and insane individuals were also very annoying. But aside from all of that, Assassin's Creed was a good game with a good story and good plot twist. I recommend to buy it if your a fan of the Assassin's Creed series. Expand
  4. Mar 18, 2016
    I remember watching the trailer and thinking "wow, this game is gonna be awesome". Fast forward to the moment I played and realized I was wrong. Now, this game is Ok, obviously not the masterpiece I was expecting, but still descent.
    Now the main problem is the repetitive nature of the game. Go and assasinate this guy, return to the creed, and repeat ten more times.
    I played the first 2
    I played the first 2 missions and got BORED! I didn't touch the game for 6 months, just the thought of me playing it was enough for me to get bored.
    Finally decided to play it again, and even though it was repetitve as f..k I enjoyed the story. And I have to say that was the only thing that made me buy ACII, wanting to know what will happen to Desmond and Lucy.
    Not an awesome game, repetitve as hell, but great story and great visuals. Give it a try.
  5. Oct 20, 2015
    Revolutionary game for its time. The parkour was something that had never been used before in a game to my knowledge. The time period was great for the assassin setting. Only drawback is how repetitive the game is.
  6. Oct 14, 2015
    I'm going to start out this review by saying that Assassin's Creed was an extremely popular game when it first came out, and one of my favourite games that I own. I think that all of the assassin’s creed games are equally all as good as each other however, I think that the newer Assassins creed games are a bit more better than what the older versions are for things such as graphics andI'm going to start out this review by saying that Assassin's Creed was an extremely popular game when it first came out, and one of my favourite games that I own. I think that all of the assassin’s creed games are equally all as good as each other however, I think that the newer Assassins creed games are a bit more better than what the older versions are for things such as graphics and story lines. The first game was marked for people aged 16+ but now the newer versions are aged 18 which connotes that there is now more violence explicit language and flashing images than there were in the older versions of the game. Expand
  7. Aug 28, 2015
    Boring storyline, repetitive submissions, too much blah-blah-blah in Animus cut-scenes. Lack of entertainment all the way.

You will not regret starting with Assassin's Creed 2.
  8. Jul 16, 2015
    The prototype of the superb ACII. The story doesn't get interesting until the end and the game is quite repetitive. However, it was the beginning of one of the greatest videogame sagas.
  9. Jul 9, 2015
    Combat
    Combat
    The combat is challenging and rewarding. People saying it's clunky are either lazy or should be seeing movies instead of playing videogames. They tend to not like challenges, and prefer to spam buttons and kill 10 people in 2 seconds like in newer AC games. This game takes a more realistic approach, where the counters have to be executed properly and well-timed combos feel very rewarding. It may not have a high diversity of weapons, but they all feel rich, well thought, and with very good animations.

Story
    The writing is superb. It elevates the whole game, and it was probably the inspiration for making this game. The emotions and voices are well done, and they did an excelent job to inmerse you in the world. The story is also full of interesting twistes that will keep you focused in the story.

Gameplay missions
    It frustates me the amount of people I've heard saying it's repetitive, in which I completely disagree. Lets put the pickpocket missions as an example, (which you'll do around 10+ times during the game). The first time you pickpocket a guy may be fast and easy, but the next one you may need to hide between some monks to avoid some guards, or take a different shortcut to go past them to be able to pickpocket, or wait until he is alone to not get spotted. Then, once you get the item, sometimes it is a map that give you the coordinates of guard archers on rooftops that will be protecting your target. Other times it will be a letter written by your target that gives you the time and place of the event and helps you on the mission. THIS is why some missions may seem repetitive at first, but in reality they are all different and diverse. Take league of legends as an analogy to this missions, it may seem repetitive on the same map and killing the same nexus every game, but actually each game feels completely different due to your surroundings, positioning, and enemies.

Graphics
    I don't get why people say they are old. The graphics engine is actually BETTER in visuals compared newer AC games, this is due their goal of being able to put 1000 bots in screen at the same time in newer AC titles. If you don't believe me, simpy get on top of the highest building on AC, then do the same in newer ACs. Then tell me which looks better.

Overall 10/10
    If you read the whole review you'll understand why it earns a 10/10. No other AC to date can get even close to this one in terms of its Single player experience. This review is for all the people saying blindly that the combat is clunky, the missions are repetitive, or the graphics are old. Please grow some eyes.
  10. Jun 21, 2015
    Looking back it is easy to pick out faults in this game when comparing to it's superior successors in AC:2 and AC:Brotherhood. But, if you take yourself back to 2007 when this game first came out it's easy to see how it led to the huge franchise that it is today. Climbing up and over buildings to travel across reconstructed ancient cities is hugely satisfying, and if it weren't for theLooking back it is easy to pick out faults in this game when comparing to it's superior successors in AC:2 and AC:Brotherhood. But, if you take yourself back to 2007 when this game first came out it's easy to see how it led to the huge franchise that it is today. Climbing up and over buildings to travel across reconstructed ancient cities is hugely satisfying, and if it weren't for the very repetitive gameplay this would be one of the best games of the 360's generation. Thankfully, the sequel ticked all the boxes that this original did not. Expand
  11. Apr 3, 2015
    A great start to a very successful series.

This game is much more focused on the actual assassin part of the game, and it's this purity and charm that still makes it one of the best. Graphically superb for its time, you run around big detailed cities and countrysides, and the missions are well scripted and rewarding. The plot is somewhat confusing to start, and quite thin. The
    A great start to a very successful series.

The plot is somewhat confusing to start, and quite thin. The plot keeps swapping between modern day and past, but once you are used to the basics its easier to follow.

You play as Altair, a disgraced Assassin looking to return to glory and earn the respect once of again from his peers. The game takes about 10-15 hours to complete, and does a good job of mixing up the environments for each assassination.

The main mechanic for this game is the free running ability. Its does a great job of giving you freedom to do anything, so you can assassinate any way you want to. You can literally climb or run across anything.

The only problem is before each assassination can take place you must do smaller tasks, such as pick-pocketing information or eavesdropping on guards. These are the same for each mission, and you have to do them, essentially doing them 10 times in a row. This repetition can discourage a few players unfortunately.

Enemy AI is OK, but the game is not hard by any means. Combat is particularly easy, as Altair can fend off sometimes 20 guards at a time!

However it is a great game, and if you like adventure games that make you feel like a true dangerous assassin, this game is for you.
  12. Dec 6, 2014
    I remember the first game of the series well, it was ground breaking at the time, but appears repetitive and outdated when compared to the Assassin's Creed games that followed it.
  13. Dec 3, 2014
    One of the most overrated games I've ever played. For a game about assassinating people, I haven't done much assassinating for the first few levels. Lots of walking around "blending" in. I.E. Moving VERY slow. The first guy I killed, I didn't even "assassinate". I couldn't get out of his way fast enough because if you do anything besides the slow, slow, prayer walk, the guards willOne of the most overrated games I've ever played. For a game about assassinating people, I haven't done much assassinating for the first few levels. Lots of walking around "blending" in. I.E. Moving VERY slow. The first guy I killed, I didn't even "assassinate". I couldn't get out of his way fast enough because if you do anything besides the slow, slow, prayer walk, the guards will just attack you. So he walks up to me and screams "YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME?!" and attacks. So I kill him then just...ran away? They could have gotten anyone to do that. Not a highly trained assassin.

Oh, and look at that guy, trotting on his horse in the middle of the countryside...KILL HIM. I can only imagine they make you move so slow most of the time....was to pad the game out.

Terrible game.
  14. Nov 15, 2014
    I love the Assassin's Creed franchise, but I hate the first one, the game is old clunky and is very repetitive, you'll be doing the same thing over and over again: Listen over a conversation, find someone, interrogate someone ect... Its very boring and isn't worth a buy.
  15. Nov 10, 2014
    Assassin's Creed is a moderately fun game if this is the first entry that you play in the series. Running around these open cities and climbing up buildings is a lot of fun, but the other Assassin's games have much more to offer. It becomes repetitive as the main plot of the game is killing historical figures. There are nine of them in this game, yet after the third or fourth one itAssassin's Creed is a moderately fun game if this is the first entry that you play in the series. Running around these open cities and climbing up buildings is a lot of fun, but the other Assassin's games have much more to offer. It becomes repetitive as the main plot of the game is killing historical figures. There are nine of them in this game, yet after the third or fourth one it becomes boring. To do this you also have to eavesdrop on people which is incredibly boring. If you want to get into the gameplay of the Assassin's Creed franchise this is an alright place to start. However, if you want to be entertained throughout and have more developed characters and story, the other titles are better to start with. Expand
  16. Sep 12, 2014
    Assassin's Creed is a historic open world action adventure game that tries to make the player feel like an assassin, with some success. The open world is dynamic, and very immersive. The combat is great, with fast-paced action, but feels a bit unfinished. Now, the story is amazing, and to progress you have to complete small activities to reach your target, which are reasonably fun, but areAssassin's Creed is a historic open world action adventure game that tries to make the player feel like an assassin, with some success. The open world is dynamic, and very immersive. The combat is great, with fast-paced action, but feels a bit unfinished. Now, the story is amazing, and to progress you have to complete small activities to reach your target, which are reasonably fun, but are SO repetitive! However, the assassination missions are great, and provide a very fun challenge. The game does seem unfinished, but it's one of the most immersive games to date. Expand
  17. Sep 11, 2014
    This game sucks i wonder how this **** got 80 points by metacritic.This game is so repetitive and soooooo boring and after some time u don't even want to play this game and even in the cutscenes suck ass with no subtitles.
    IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME DO NOT BUY IT PIRATE IT BECAUSE ITS NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY!
  18. Sep 9, 2014
    Revolutionary! Loved it. May get a little repetitive, but it rewards you with a piece of the story once you get it right. Please play this before AC2. I hate when a game gets hate after it's sequel is released.
  19. Jul 27, 2014
    Assassin's Creed has so much potential, but it isn't what it should be. Imagine playing a story mission with action, interesting dialogue and characters, except you have to do it nine times over. This game is extremely repetitive: go to a city, do a couple of side missions that are the same in every city, assassinate someone and repeat. The combat is well done, and it's fun to assassinateAssassin's Creed has so much potential, but it isn't what it should be. Imagine playing a story mission with action, interesting dialogue and characters, except you have to do it nine times over. This game is extremely repetitive: go to a city, do a couple of side missions that are the same in every city, assassinate someone and repeat. The combat is well done, and it's fun to assassinate people, but it gets old. I do enjoy the story and setting and the graphics and environment are actually quite good for 2007. Assassin's Creed isn't bad at all, it's decent, but it just gets boring very quickly. Expand
  20. Jul 2, 2014
    This game broke new ground at its release and was further improved upon by assassins creed 2. However it took me years to beat because i'd get bored by it, come back, and not know what was going on. I did find the game to be of high value overall, but I would give it a 7 out of 10 for being a great title, but not one I'd see myself coming back to a second time.
  21. Jun 18, 2014
    Jerusalem, 1911 AD, in the time of the Third Crusaders. The streets sparkle with action, but within seconds you, the feared assassin (Altair), will change all this.

You play as a man called Altair living in a very futuristic world, and you have tried to forget your past but someday a couple of people bring you to this machine called the Animus...that forces you to reenact all your past days as an assassin...then the game begins.

Personally i loved the way the creators of Assassin's Creed mingled history and science fiction together. As a first impression, in the first hour or so, the graphics and the gameplay was all i could think of for the couple of hours after switching the Xbox off. I got to say, the graphics are intense...i have never seen so much dedication to graphics before - it would seem just like you are watching a scene in a movie where the protagonist is walking through a very crowded area. I know it's hard to say...but the graphics are even better than GoW and GTA IV. Even if you look at a pot ona shelve or something you can see the same texture as you would with a real pot.

At first you don't have many weapons and skills to fight and defend yourself but as the game wears on, you increase dramatically with your skill - in the game with the swords and your skill with the buttons on your controller. The storyline is also quite interesting because in each level you can do a number of things to choose your personality in the game. You can be a pickpocket, you can help helpless citizens, be violent and kill all the guards or be stealthy and try and avoid them - or even you can do all of these. But each level as a certain assassination that the masters give you and you have to find information throughout the level about this person...then kill him. All this seems so interesting but finish a couple of levels and kill hundreds of guards the storyline gets a little repetitive and boring...destroying the excitement of killing people.

There is one thing in the game that I will never get tired of and that is while fighting off a large group of guards. What I love doing is holding my dagger in defense and then pressing 'X' to counter attack the guard. If you do that at a certain time, Altair will eliminate the guard in a very smooth and swift way...and there are many smooth and swift ways. Then, when the dagger goes through the body of the guard blood gushes out and increases the intensity of the graphics.

The sound effects are also pretty impressive and exciting. The sound changes according to you status in the game, if you are unnoticed the sound will be cool, but if you are being chased by a large group of guards that music will change to something more drastic and fast. Then to loose that large group of guards you will have to hide in a haystack or a little box thingy with curtains...if you are hiding the music will change into a heart beat rhythm. Then again, it gets repetitive as you go further into the game.

At many points in the game, the map doesn't show you objective and what you have to do next then it gets quite difficult to go on because the cities are really big. This gets really frustrating and you feel like quitting...but then after hours of search you might be able to find your objective. Also, the achievements are pretty hard to get.

The cutscenes are also very cool and unique. They are unique because in the cutscenes of Assassin's Creed you can move around and change the camera views when there is a "glitch" in the game. (People who have played this game will know why I put "" around glitch).

Lastly, my favorite thing about thing about this game is that you can climb up call building and synchronize with the city. The way the game shows the city when you synchronize with it is beautiful and very clever...i loved it. I also enjoyed climbing and jumping from building to building. Though the climbing can get pretty annoying because you have to be perfectly in line with the thing you are going to use next to climb with.

Graphics = 9.5/10
    Storyline = 7/10
    Sound Effects = 8/10

OVERALL = 8/10
  22. May 9, 2014
    Released in 2007 and developed by Ubisoft Montreal, Assassin's Creed provides a fun adventure that is sure to stick in the minds of those who play it for years to come. It certainly has its share of faults, but with a detailed open world and satisfying open-ended gameplay, Assassin's Creed is an instant classic.

Assassin's Creedis a game that avid open-world sandbox fans will find

Assassin's Creedis a game that avid open-world sandbox fans will find enjoyment in, and it has quite a bit to offer. It has a likable and well paced historical story, marvelous cities and art design, satisfying assassination missions, and a fitting soundtrack. It is unfortunate that it is marred by a very repetitive gameplay design, a one-dimensional modern-story, and that the side-activities are pointless and mundane. Assassin's Creed is a good game that has a lot of potential, but it has a lot to determine about itself before it can be something truly amazing.

The Positive
    ___________

+ Likable historical story

+ Gratifying assassination missions

+ Remarkable cities and art design

+ Fitting soundtrack

The Negative
    ____________

- Painfully repetitious gameplay

- A flimsy modern-day story

- Mundane side-activities
  23. Apr 9, 2014
    Apesar de ter uma influência do Prince of Persia, a jogabilidade do Assassin's Creed é bastante limitada, a maioria dos movimentos é realizada quase automaticamente e você praticamente só tem a função de acompanhar o que se pede, já que os objetivos já ficam todos bem explícitos. Não há muito o que fazer em relação a liberdade que o jogador poderia ter, uma vez que o jogo em sí é umApesar de ter uma influência do Prince of Persia, a jogabilidade do Assassin's Creed é bastante limitada, a maioria dos movimentos é realizada quase automaticamente e você praticamente só tem a função de acompanhar o que se pede, já que os objetivos já ficam todos bem explícitos. Não há muito o que fazer em relação a liberdade que o jogador poderia ter, uma vez que o jogo em sí é um flashback, então basta seguir a história e nada mais. Em poucas palavras: é uma Visual Novel com belos gráficos. Expand
  24. Mar 2, 2014
    Pros:
    Good story.
    Good graphics.
    Nice swordplay.
    Great protagonist.

Cons:
    Not really open.
    No side missions.
    Climbing is too slow.
    Too easy.
    Desmond sections are pretty boring
  25. Feb 24, 2014
    The game looked very nice and the story was appealing. But the gameplay just wasn't for me. I think I just expected something else from the game. It seems smooth, made with a lot of care and perfectionism, but it just wasn't for me. I gave up after 5 or 6 hours.
  26. Jan 18, 2014
    There are some really good ideas in this game expressed in a very well designed environments with solid gameplay, the movement has an excellent flow to it, the combat and stealth also blend together perfectly. If you have looked at other reviews there is a big problem with repetitiveness and boring drawn out pointless donkey rides. Overall the game is a little let down by it's own ambitionThere are some really good ideas in this game expressed in a very well designed environments with solid gameplay, the movement has an excellent flow to it, the combat and stealth also blend together perfectly. If you have looked at other reviews there is a big problem with repetitiveness and boring drawn out pointless donkey rides. Overall the game is a little let down by it's own ambition and is really hoping you buy into the franchise to find out what the **** is going on with future Desmond but this is a great game, especially for people who like the concept of playing a game as an assassin ninja, which all gamers should. Expand
  27. Nov 27, 2013
    THEY NEED to remaster this on xbox one and get rid of the repetitiveness out of this game re do the missions but keep the story change the combat and free running to
    ac brotherhood and free running and story as impressive and fast paced as 2 and with actual knights Templars with the famous red cross across their chests like they was in this game the knights templar was one of the most feared knights they was the highest skilled and never surrendered not even if they was greater numbers facing them they also defeated an army when the odds was like 4 to 1 against the templars they was also the best and most skilled fighters yet in assassins creed you never see this
  28. Nov 23, 2013
    This is a game that laid groundwork for the rest rather than being the best. You are taken into the story of Altair, an assassin in the Third Crusade trying to earn back his rank by killing nine Templars for the leader of the bureau, Al Mualim. It is a great concept and the concept is why the series has lasted for years. The voice acting is pretty good (but no subtitles) and I was neverThis is a game that laid groundwork for the rest rather than being the best. You are taken into the story of Altair, an assassin in the Third Crusade trying to earn back his rank by killing nine Templars for the leader of the bureau, Al Mualim. It is a great concept and the concept is why the series has lasted for years. The voice acting is pretty good (but no subtitles) and I was never bothered by the gameplay. But, the assassinations get extremely repetitive and is the biggest offender of my belief that Assassin's Creed isn't really a fun series. The game gets boring after a while and is probably the most difficult of the series. All in all it is pretty mediocre besides graphics which in 2007 were astonishing. Still this was the game that had "blending" and the game that the main character had a different accent than everybody else. As much as I'm giving it hate, I believe it's worth a playthrough (it's not long) and is a fair introduction to the series which develops so far past this. Expand
  29. Nov 20, 2013
    probably unfair of me to rate this game as I am playing it years after it was made, game overall was enjoyable but at times felt very repetitive, if you are coming late to the series as I was you could probably get away with skipping this one as 2 gives a succinct recap of the first game and is all in all a better experience.
  30. Nov 7, 2013
    For when this game came out, it was a really great idea. Great visuals. A mixture of stealth and action. A taste of a rather deep and complicated story arc.

But now for the bad: 1) It's repetitive as hell. 2) While the story is interesting and is meant to be a part of a larger story, it is also a bit confusing and leave too much in the shadows. 3) The Desmond section is nothing

But now for the bad:
    1) It's repetitive as hell.
    3) The Desmond section is nothing more than a plot device that feels mostly needless and underdeveloped.

Overall:
    Assassin's Creed is a decent introduction to the franchise and sets things up nicely for the future titles. Still, the game on the whole feels like ACT 1 of something grander and introduces too much information that could easily of been left for the later games. Still, it is a great game and allot of fun.

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
    It's hard to put the sheer size and brilliance of Assassin's Creed into words. It is an epic game that you have to experience for yourself. I will caution that the game is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. While you can plow through the main storyline in under 20 hours, to truly get every single last shred of gaming goodness, you will probably have to put in twice that number.
  3. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.