Assassin's Creed Xbox 360

7.7

1. Mar 14, 2011
    Ubisoft has created another unique game, the graphics do show a little age now but it's easy to see that it was at the top of the visual pile when it came out, and the sound is great, the controls are great but do take some getting used too, and the story will suck you and will have you trying to go through all the dialog with Lucy and looking for other secrets to find out what's going on,Ubisoft has created another unique game, the graphics do show a little age now but it's easy to see that it was at the top of the visual pile when it came out, and the sound is great, the controls are great but do take some getting used too, and the story will suck you and will have you trying to go through all the dialog with Lucy and looking for other secrets to find out what's going on, but the problems with this is that it gets extremely repetitive, the combat isn't much fun, and the plat-forming borrows from Ubisoft's other game series Prince of Persia but is no where near as fun, if your looking for a unique game that has a fantastic story look no further but keep in mind it gets really boring at times. Expand
  2. Jan 16, 2013
    Assassins Creed is a third person adventure game that can be most closely compared to 'The Prince of Persia' trilogy minus the rewinding of time and with more focus on combat. Despite being released in 2007 it still stands up to any title on the XBox360 in terms of graphics and the controls are very well designed with acrobatic moves and combat easy to pick up.

The game itself is split

The game itself is split into chapters, each tasking you with eliminating a given target. Before you can do this however you must complete one of three basic mission types to gather info on their location and any potential weaknesses. Unfortunately however the gameplay changes very little from the first mission to the last and with a playing time of around 15 hours it becomes rather repetitive. When you find yourself rescuing a citizen being picked on by guards for the 30th time it is easy to lose interest, particular since the storyline is not particularly strong.

For less than a tenner I would certainly recommend 'Assassins Creed' although you may find it difficult to play the game all the way to the end.
  3. Apr 13, 2017
    Clairement un jeu overhypé, répétitif et creux. Creux comme son scénario et bien trop limité au niveau de l'infiltration : ce ne sont alors que des (jolis) combats qui se succèdent ! Dommage pour un bon concept original et innovant mais qui est resté à l'état de brouillon. La technique (très bien maîtrisée) sauve le jeu du naufrage complet cependant. Il aura fallu attendre AC2 pour leClairement un jeu overhypé, répétitif et creux. Creux comme son scénario et bien trop limité au niveau de l'infiltration : ce ne sont alors que des (jolis) combats qui se succèdent ! Dommage pour un bon concept original et innovant mais qui est resté à l'état de brouillon. La technique (très bien maîtrisée) sauve le jeu du naufrage complet cependant. Il aura fallu attendre AC2 pour le "vrai jeu". Expand
  4. Apr 24, 2017
    Monotony may be a pervasive ailment of some of its latter moments, but "Assassin's Creed" does manage to successfully present a wholly gratifying stealth-action experience.
  5. Nov 7, 2013
    For when this game came out, it was a really great idea. Great visuals. A mixture of stealth and action. A taste of a rather deep and complicated story arc.

But now for the bad: 1) It's repetitive as hell. 2) While the story is interesting and is meant to be a part of a larger story, it is also a bit confusing and leave too much in the shadows. 3) The Desmond section is nothing

But now for the bad:
    1) It's repetitive as hell.
    3) The Desmond section is nothing more than a plot device that feels mostly needless and underdeveloped.

Overall:
    Assassin's Creed is a decent introduction to the franchise and sets things up nicely for the future titles. Still, the game on the whole feels like ACT 1 of something grander and introduces too much information that could easily of been left for the later games. Still, it is a great game and allot of fun.
  6. May 27, 2012
    I wanted to like this game, but it was a pretty bad game. So repetitive and boring. I beat it just to see it to the end, but i wish i didnt :( thats how bad it was. Great graphics cant save a game i guess.
  7. Nov 17, 2011
    I understand that this is the first game in the series, and haven't played the other ones. But this game feels more like a demo than a finished product. Repetitive missions, confusing story, lack of content other than hundreds of flags (collectibles). Combat is repetitive too. Even if you don't abuse counter-hitting, it's still boring. The initial concept isn't bad though, but I'd avoidI understand that this is the first game in the series, and haven't played the other ones. But this game feels more like a demo than a finished product. Repetitive missions, confusing story, lack of content other than hundreds of flags (collectibles). Combat is repetitive too. Even if you don't abuse counter-hitting, it's still boring. The initial concept isn't bad though, but I'd avoid this game when you can buy the later ones, which are apparently better. As an experience though, this was actually better than, say, Batman Arkham Asylum despite being released 2 years easrlier and being worse in every possible way. The soundtrack, composed by Jesper Kyd- is outstanding as it is with Hitman games. Overall the game's strong points are that it isn't broken or frustrating in any way but the collectibles and missions aren't varied enough. Expand
  8. Sep 29, 2010
    its certinly looks preatty and controls very well but thats about it . the gameplay gets repititive really fast . you basically do the same thing over and over again with little feeling of any variation between missions . theres no custimisation on your charicters wepons and gear or look . its just this huge world with nothing really that fun to do. you can look for flags in citys...its certinly looks preatty and controls very well but thats about it . the gameplay gets repititive really fast . you basically do the same thing over and over again with little feeling of any variation between missions . theres no custimisation on your charicters wepons and gear or look . its just this huge world with nothing really that fun to do. you can look for flags in citys... whoopie just what i want to do in a game play hide and go seek ... this game was very overhyped . the story was pretty entertaining but the boringness in the missions made it hard to push through. thankfully the sequel was much much better. if you have never played the assassin's creed games the second one is deffinitly worth playing id say just rent this one so you can get more of the story. Expand
  9. Nov 2, 2012
    An original, creative and well thought action game which is quite different to others and can also provide some challenging and fun gameplay as well.
  10. Jan 13, 2012
    It was ok but it was insanely reptitive and actually rather shallow if you think of it. The same mission objectives for every mission, Cities look great but lack variety and looks the same, and it has no replay value. It was interesting but there are just too many flaws with it.
  11. Nov 23, 2011
    Poor and repetitive mission objectives, A confusing story, and no replay value take a huge chunk out of the value of this game. While it has a ton of promise, This game sucks.
  12. Dec 17, 2012
    This game was like a dream come true for me. A lot of people complain about it being repetitive, shallow, boring, etc. and I can understand how they can say that. However I really enjoyed the freedom of movement and beautiful scenery. It's like you're a middle ages batman! With time travel! I would've picked up the sequel on launch day if it wasn't for the DRM.
  13. Oct 14, 2013
    The original Assassins creed is still a great game. It does pale in comparison with the sequels but laid down the groundwork and fantastic concept that the rest follow.
  14. Jun 21, 2013
    Assassin's creed is an enthralling, immersive, and incredibly atmospheric game. It's a classic for sure, but that's not to say it doesn't have its flaws. Let's talk about the good first. First off, it's very well written. It's one of those rare games that would actually make a decent movie, like Halo, or Half Life. It's world is incredibly detailed. The atmospheric music mixed withAssassin's creed is an enthralling, immersive, and incredibly atmospheric game. It's a classic for sure, but that's not to say it doesn't have its flaws. Let's talk about the good first. First off, it's very well written. It's one of those rare games that would actually make a decent movie, like Halo, or Half Life. It's world is incredibly detailed. The atmospheric music mixed with incredible visuals gives the game an almost hypnotic quality, and the climbing, free running, and fighting are all impressive. It also doesn't feel to short. A rare thing to find in games nowadays. On the other hand though, its story dips into some themes which are offensive to Christians, like myself. It can also be very repetitive. You keep having to do the same types of pre-mission missions like ease dropping, or pickpocketing. Fortunately though, the main assassinations are all varied greatly, and the game overall is so original, so fun, and so awe inspiring that it would be crazy to pass up, especially now when the price has been lowered. Expand
  15. Jan 6, 2013
    The first few hours our alright in this game then it send you to do the exact same thing over and over and over again. You can save civilians and climb towers for bars of health, but after you max it out it becomes pointless to do. Sorry but I forced myself to complete this and after completing it, its one of the most boring games I have played in my entire life. Assassin's Creed 2.0/10
  16. Oct 27, 2013
    it's an great open world game in the time it was released,the problem of the game is that isn't secondary missions and if you finish the game there is pratically anything to do unless take collectibles.
  17. Jun 24, 2013
    Looking back at this game after playing Assassin's Creed 3, I can see why I originally loved it. In a way, the game is very arcade-like. You're given a mission to kill some guy, you research the guy, and then you kill the guy. Rinse and repeat. However, the way in which this process is executed is where things get interesting. Your targets are always harder and harder to get. While someLooking back at this game after playing Assassin's Creed 3, I can see why I originally loved it. In a way, the game is very arcade-like. You're given a mission to kill some guy, you research the guy, and then you kill the guy. Rinse and repeat. However, the way in which this process is executed is where things get interesting. Your targets are always harder and harder to get. While some might walk out into the open, acting like sitting ducks, others might hide away in castles, trying their best to avoid you. The simple and compelling gameplay is addictive and satisfying.
    Unlike later iterations of the Assassin's Creed franchise, the first game has a very basic plot. You play as Altair, you kill people, and you uncover various mysteries surrounding your order as you go along. It's interesting enough to keep you playing, but simple enough not to frustrate you with dumb plot points and details.
    The simplistic style and gameplay of Assassin's Creed makes it ridiculously fun to play, acting as one of the best games in the franchise.
  18. Jan 12, 2017
    It's game-changing. But it suffers from its repetitive mission design. The story is nice. Good balance between modern day and ancestor memories. Light 8.
  19. Oct 10, 2011
    A hit and miss game. Though the free roam platforming is absolutely brilliant, the rest of the game is really repetitive. The story can be a engaging at points but for most of the time, it is really boring. Being an assassin is really awesome. For the first hour. After that, it becomes very repetitive and assassinating people becomes less satisfying and only done out of boredom. Even withA hit and miss game. Though the free roam platforming is absolutely brilliant, the rest of the game is really repetitive. The story can be a engaging at points but for most of the time, it is really boring. Being an assassin is really awesome. For the first hour. After that, it becomes very repetitive and assassinating people becomes less satisfying and only done out of boredom. Even with the negativity, I suggest to give this game a small try. Expand
  20. Apr 1, 2011
    I loved the story and it played so well. It's kinda of a little bit too easy though. The original does not compare to AC: Brotherhood, but it might be better than AC2.
  21. Aug 8, 2012
    I loved Assassin's Creed, it was an amazing story to play through, the controls were new and a little hard to get used to, but I played it hours on end, I would definitely recommend this game, great job once again Bioware.
  22. May 7, 2013
    what is the point of this game. climbing up then jumping down? it feels cool for the first time you do it, and after that just tedious, and you have to repeat it for the entire game. i only managed to finish the game once and have no idea what is the story about, the story/ ending just so confused and unclear. do not how anyone can rate this game 10 by repeating that climb up then jumpwhat is the point of this game. climbing up then jumping down? it feels cool for the first time you do it, and after that just tedious, and you have to repeat it for the entire game. i only managed to finish the game once and have no idea what is the story about, the story/ ending just so confused and unclear. do not how anyone can rate this game 10 by repeating that climb up then jump down routine for hours. Expand
  23. Dec 6, 2014
    I remember the first game of the series well, it was ground breaking at the time, but appears repetitive and outdated when compared to the Assassin's Creed games that followed it.
  24. May 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed was far from perfect. It has its fair share of glitches and whatnot. Not to mention it gets very repetitive doing the same side quests over and over and those damning beggars are always annoying. Worrying about a speed limit in the 1200's seems to be silly, but it's still something you gotta do, but looking pasts its flaws, Assassin's Creed is fun. It's fun jumping aroundAssassin's Creed was far from perfect. It has its fair share of glitches and whatnot. Not to mention it gets very repetitive doing the same side quests over and over and those damning beggars are always annoying. Worrying about a speed limit in the 1200's seems to be silly, but it's still something you gotta do, but looking pasts its flaws, Assassin's Creed is fun. It's fun jumping around from building to building all ninja like and despite the side missions being tedious, once you finally get to the assassination mission, it makes it very worth your time and effort. This is my favorite Assassin's Creed and I had a lot of fun playing it, however, just because I like it better doesn't mean it's better than it's sequels. I'd highly recommend it; should you get a chance to get your hands on this wonderful game. Expand
  25. Oct 30, 2010
    I'm going to start out this review by saying that Assassin's Creed is an extremely popular game, and one of my favorite games that I own. It also has some very obvious flaws. Missions get boring fairly quickly because of the lack of variety, which is something that every open-world game needs to have. But besides that, everything about this game is executed very well. Assassin's creed isI'm going to start out this review by saying that Assassin's Creed is an extremely popular game, and one of my favorite games that I own. It also has some very obvious flaws. Missions get boring fairly quickly because of the lack of variety, which is something that every open-world game needs to have. But besides that, everything about this game is executed very well. Assassin's creed is set in the Middle East during the Crusades. Basically, you play as an assassin named Altair and go on missions to kill people. The way you do it is that you go to a town, and try to gather information on your target, and then plan a way to strike. However, that's pretty much all you do in the entire game. And believe me, it gets boring after a while. This is not a game like Fallout 3 that you can play for hours at a time and not run into repetition. You should probably take a break and do something else after each mission. Another small gripe I have is with the cutscenes. There are long sequences of dialogue between Altair and the other characters at regular intervals, in which the player can do nothing but pace around in circles like an idiot. The dialogue itself reminds me of boring conversations between the elderly, so you probably won't listen to most of it the first time. The story is actually pretty good if you learn to tolerate the long-winded cutscenes. But the voice acting is a mixed bag. I thought that it was very good, but some people might be put off by the fact that Altair speaks in an American accent. But personally, I thought it was a good decision by Ubisoft to do this, because Altair's background is mostly unknown. Some people may disagree though. However, there are several areas in which this game exceeds. The acrobatics are very fun to perform. It is an absolute blast to watch Altair run, leap and climb across the rooftops. The combat, although limited, can be fast paced and fun if you play it right. The main assassinations are brilliantly designed for the most part, although many of them have fairly long cutscenes to go with them. But like I said, this is a small problem. Assassin's Creed is an amazing game in my opinion, but it's not for everyone. I recommend it to anyone that likes good games and has a good amount of patience. Expand
  26. Oct 18, 2013
    This game is so boring
    altair is one the worst character of videogames
    the gameplay wasn original. i saw it in prince of persia
    it had one the worst ending of ever
    the story is so undeep and dry
    it hasnt passion or emotional characters
    its a stupid game. i hate it
  27. May 9, 2011
    I was so looking forward to this game.Interesting lead character & setting,Good graphics,Mingling with the crowds,& Prince of Persia style free running.. What a disappointment though.. The more i saw of the game before release,the more i could sense something wasnt right with it.The odd targetting system,& the Matrix style glitch effects.My fears were all confirmed from what i heard whenI was so looking forward to this game.Interesting lead character & setting,Good graphics,Mingling with the crowds,& Prince of Persia style free running.. What a disappointment though.. The more i saw of the game before release,the more i could sense something wasnt right with it.The odd targetting system,& the Matrix style glitch effects.My fears were all confirmed from what i heard when the game was released.The game wasnt set during the crusades at all! No,the developers felt the need to create this whole pretentious,self satisfying concept that your playing this character 'Desmond'?! in the near future,& your plugged intoi this machine that lets you access 'memories' that are in your head,due to you being their ancestor.I'm sorry? what!!? one word.Why? The developers are trying to be too clever for they're own good i think,but all that nonsense seems so unnesassary & pointless.All it serves to do,is distance yourself from the historical setting,as your not actually in it,but re-living it.I was so disgusted by this design decision with the game,that i didnt buy it for the longest time,& when i did,it was only because i was able to pick it up next to nothing second hand.& even then,because the combat system & setting interested me.But even then,i just couldnt get past the whole ridiculus Animus/Desmond concept.It just bought the whole experience literally down..& i cant believe they're still including it in subsuquent titles.Even if i was able to get past that aspect,i was suprised to find that the game was totally repetitive,doing exactly the same things literally over & over & over again.. Great Combat mechanics(one of the best i've seen in fact,which is why i didnt rate it lower),Shame about the game(& Desmond)! Expand
  28. Dec 20, 2011
    Innovation is great in this Prince of Persia spin-off, a lot of things are historically accurate and it couldn't be better, though, the missions before assassinating are really boring and the game gets a little repetitive but who cares, it's so much fun messing around in this game that can be forgiven. Despite some weaknesses Assassin's Creed stands up and makes a good game.
  29. Nov 20, 2013
    probably unfair of me to rate this game as I am playing it years after it was made, game overall was enjoyable but at times felt very repetitive, if you are coming late to the series as I was you could probably get away with skipping this one as 2 gives a succinct recap of the first game and is all in all a better experience.
  30. Sep 28, 2013
    Assassin's Creed te da una buena oportunidad de disfrutar de los lujos de un mapa bastante grande en toda su exquisita forma (animales, personas, ambientes, enemigos) y una excelente manera de crear una historia, los gráficos son medios pero es un gran paso para Ubisoft.

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
    It's hard to put the sheer size and brilliance of Assassin's Creed into words. It is an epic game that you have to experience for yourself. I will caution that the game is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. While you can plow through the main storyline in under 20 hours, to truly get every single last shred of gaming goodness, you will probably have to put in twice that number.
  3. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.