7.8

1. Aug 23, 2010
    Very well done in terms of the world size and the free running. Interesting way to tell a story also. Unfortunately the entire game is so insanely repetitive that I couldn't even finish. I literally was sick to my stomach from doing the same thing over and over again. You basicly repeat the same mission the entire game.
  2. Apr 16, 2011
    This is without doubt the WORST game I have ever played. It is so pathetic it is beyond a joke. The graphics are abysmal, the controls stink and the padded out gameplay is as repetative as heck. This is nothing but a 1 level repeated ad infinitum padded out repetative as heck beta tech demo. I played it for 3 hours ( 1/12 hours not counting the unskippable cutscenes ) and I was boredThis is without doubt the WORST game I have ever played. It is so pathetic it is beyond a joke. The graphics are abysmal, the controls stink and the padded out gameplay is as repetative as heck. This is nothing but a 1 level repeated ad infinitum padded out repetative as heck beta tech demo. I played it for 3 hours ( 1/12 hours not counting the unskippable cutscenes ) and I was bored senseless. How this game got the reviews that it did I shall never know. I bet they were paid by Ubisoft to give those high scores because they knew they had made a crapfeast of a game.

Lets look at it one by one shall we:

Controls - what controls? The controls were the worst I have ever seen in gaming. My hand was aching after trying a couple of moves.

Graphics - Worst I have ever seen. Biege biege biege with more biege and some biege on the side. Bland boring and horrible.

Gameplay - What blooming gameplay there wasn't any. Evesdrop, pickpocket, blend, climb walls, collect flags ride horse rinse repeat ad infinitum.

Story - what blooming story? There wasn't any. Some sci-fi junk about some bartender bieng an assassin in a previous life and that the human genome has memory! Do me a favour. Worst story ever.

Voice acting - Terrible! you could tell that even the voice actors thought it was a dire script and were only there for the money.

Overall worst game ever. How this disaster got the reviews that it did and 2 sequels I shall never know. Ubisoft wouldn't know how to make a game if it came up and bit it's face.

STAY AWAY.
  3. Mar 9, 2011
    Assassin's Creed starts out very promising, but ultimately disappoints. At first, you think you're embarking on what looks to be an engrossing, open-ended, fantastically rendered epic. Quickly, however, you realize that this adventure consists of doing the exact. same. thing. over and over and over again. Now, the same can be said about any open-ended game, to an extent. In Oblivion,Assassin's Creed starts out very promising, but ultimately disappoints. At first, you think you're embarking on what looks to be an engrossing, open-ended, fantastically rendered epic. Quickly, however, you realize that this adventure consists of doing the exact. same. thing. over and over and over again. Now, the same can be said about any open-ended game, to an extent. In Oblivion, Fallout, Mass Effect, etc., the missions all follow the same general arch, but they are least make the missions look and feel different. In Assassin's Creed, there is literally no variation in the actual tasks you have to accomplish in order to complete each mission. If you've done one mission, you've done them all. The game does have some fun elements, to be sure. Stealth kills never get old, nor do Leaps of Faith. But you simply can't play the game for extended periods of time without feeling like you're treading water, even if you're making significant progress. It gets boring fairly quickly, unless you are an achievement-driven completionist who lives for scouring every inch of the a game world for obscure and hidden objects. Expand
  4. May 9, 2011
    I was so looking forward to this game.Interesting lead character & setting,Good graphics,Mingling with the crowds,& Prince of Persia style free running.. What a disappointment though.. The more i saw of the game before release,the more i could sense something wasnt right with it.The odd targetting system,& the Matrix style glitch effects.My fears were all confirmed from what i heard whenI was so looking forward to this game.Interesting lead character & setting,Good graphics,Mingling with the crowds,& Prince of Persia style free running.. What a disappointment though.. The more i saw of the game before release,the more i could sense something wasnt right with it.The odd targetting system,& the Matrix style glitch effects.My fears were all confirmed from what i heard when the game was released.The game wasnt set during the crusades at all! No,the developers felt the need to create this whole pretentious,self satisfying concept that your playing this character 'Desmond'?! in the near future,& your plugged intoi this machine that lets you access 'memories' that are in your head,due to you being their ancestor.I'm sorry? what!!? one word.Why? The developers are trying to be too clever for they're own good i think,but all that nonsense seems so unnesassary & pointless.All it serves to do,is distance yourself from the historical setting,as your not actually in it,but re-living it.I was so disgusted by this design decision with the game,that i didnt buy it for the longest time,& when i did,it was only because i was able to pick it up next to nothing second hand.& even then,because the combat system & setting interested me.But even then,i just couldnt get past the whole ridiculus Animus/Desmond concept.It just bought the whole experience literally down..& i cant believe they're still including it in subsuquent titles.Even if i was able to get past that aspect,i was suprised to find that the game was totally repetitive,doing exactly the same things literally over & over & over again.. Great Combat mechanics(one of the best i've seen in fact,which is why i didnt rate it lower),Shame about the game(& Desmond)! Expand
  5. Dec 29, 2011
    This game gets 1 point for stunning graphics it is without a doubt the most boring game I've ever played being so repetitive i couldn't finish it because i was afraid of suicide never got to the second one because i would want to understand the story F*** Assassin's Creed
  6. Jan 6, 2013
    The first few hours our alright in this game then it send you to do the exact same thing over and over and over again. You can save civilians and climb towers for bars of health, but after you max it out it becomes pointless to do. Sorry but I forced myself to complete this and after completing it, its one of the most boring games I have played in my entire life. Assassin's Creed 2.0/10
  7. Aug 15, 2013
    The gameplay mechanics were great and one of the first examples of fluid free running mechanics. The world was a glorious scale and detail however the game was hindered by one of the most cripplingly linear and repetitive storylines. It's redeeming grace is it paved the way for some truly breathtaking sequels.
  8. Sep 15, 2013
    Please do not say AC reminds Thief series. It has nothing of it. There is not even 1% of the awesome gameplay and ambience that Thief had. Though I really wanted AC to be like this.

I have never played such a boring and repetitive game as AC. When the game was announced I was eager to buy and play this asap. Unfortunately after 5th or so assassination I couldn't stand and continue so extremely easy and repetitive game. E.g. missions like:
    1. find 200 flags of Sir John and 150 flags of King Richard (wtf???)
    or
    2. Climb 40 towers in every city (for what? to see the view from eagles nest for hundred times?)
    I have no idea who the f. designed those missions and what for!

This game is for 12yr old children who would like to be an assassin in the easiest way without any effort.
    Visuals/graphics are awesome but it's not enough, sorry. It makes me even more angry because of the spoiled potential.
  9. Oct 10, 2013
    In this day and age a video game without subtitles is like a building without wheelchair access. Throw in stealth components designed for impatient hyperactive teens and you have a miserable game masquerading itself as a game that is really just a glorified movie with a mediocre plot.
  10. Oct 19, 2013
    Find some evidence, assassinate some guy, return to Masyaf. Repeat ad infinitum.

Assassin'ss Creed is a good concept ruined by monotonous repetitiveness and shoddy A.I.
  11. Apr 9, 2014
    Apesar de ter uma influência do Prince of Persia, a jogabilidade do Assassin's Creed é bastante limitada, a maioria dos movimentos é realizada quase automaticamente e você praticamente só tem a função de acompanhar o que se pede, já que os objetivos já ficam todos bem explícitos. Não há muito o que fazer em relação a liberdade que o jogador poderia ter, uma vez que o jogo em sí é umApesar de ter uma influência do Prince of Persia, a jogabilidade do Assassin's Creed é bastante limitada, a maioria dos movimentos é realizada quase automaticamente e você praticamente só tem a função de acompanhar o que se pede, já que os objetivos já ficam todos bem explícitos. Não há muito o que fazer em relação a liberdade que o jogador poderia ter, uma vez que o jogo em sí é um flashback, então basta seguir a história e nada mais. Em poucas palavras: é uma Visual Novel com belos gráficos. Expand
  12. Sep 11, 2014
    This game sucks i wonder how this **** got 80 points by metacritic.This game is so repetitive and soooooo boring and after some time u don't even want to play this game and even in the cutscenes suck ass with no subtitles.
    IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME DO NOT BUY IT PIRATE IT BECAUSE ITS NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY!
  13. Nov 15, 2014
    I love the Assassin's Creed franchise, but I hate the first one, the game is old clunky and is very repetitive, you'll be doing the same thing over and over again: Listen over a conversation, find someone, interrogate someone ect... Its very boring and isn't worth a buy.
  14. Dec 3, 2014
    One of the most overrated games I've ever played. For a game about assassinating people, I haven't done much assassinating for the first few levels. Lots of walking around "blending" in. I.E. Moving VERY slow. The first guy I killed, I didn't even "assassinate". I couldn't get out of his way fast enough because if you do anything besides the slow, slow, prayer walk, the guards willOne of the most overrated games I've ever played. For a game about assassinating people, I haven't done much assassinating for the first few levels. Lots of walking around "blending" in. I.E. Moving VERY slow. The first guy I killed, I didn't even "assassinate". I couldn't get out of his way fast enough because if you do anything besides the slow, slow, prayer walk, the guards will just attack you. So he walks up to me and screams "YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME?!" and attacks. So I kill him then just...ran away? They could have gotten anyone to do that. Not a highly trained assassin.

Oh, and look at that guy, trotting on his horse in the middle of the countryside...KILL HIM. I can only imagine they make you move so slow most of the time....was to pad the game out.

Terrible game.

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
    It's hard to put the sheer size and brilliance of Assassin's Creed into words. It is an epic game that you have to experience for yourself. I will caution that the game is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. While you can plow through the main storyline in under 20 hours, to truly get every single last shred of gaming goodness, you will probably have to put in twice that number.
  3. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.