7.8

1. Aug 15, 2010
    Assassin's Creed is a great game and a must have any action/adventure gamer. Pros:

Exploration: One of the highlights of the game is exploration. You can go anywhere, climb any building and ride a horse in any feild. In between locations is huge country and mountain side for you to explore or wreck havoc. The citites are huge and very enjoyable to search the place for nook and cranny.

Gameplay: The gameplay is very cool. There are no levels just assassination contracts. You could do them stealthly or all out swords.

Grpahics: Graphics make use of the X-Box egine and is very detailed. The cities don't look generic but has a style of their own. Voice Acting/Plot: The voice acting is great and the plot is straight thriller satutes giving twist and turns.

Cons:

Combat: While the combat is very cool, you only get three different kind weapons. The Hidden Blade, a sword and a small dagger. Each weapon has a unique set of moves but their the same for the enitre game. Never improving and no unlockables.

Weapons: There is no weapons system no upgrades for weapons except for damage. It would be cool to get other weapons.

Minor Tecnical Glitches: There minor ones, when Altair goes on the view points his cape goes through the floorboards. Enemy AI can get stupid sometimes and you can lose them sometimes too quickly.

Overall Consensus: AC's combat system is reaptive but it still provide thrills and a good refreshing entry into the action genre. 90%
  2. Oct 8, 2010
    Somewhat repetitive game play and missions, but the visuals and imaginative story line make for an enjoyable experience. The flag collecting felt dated, but makes for some each gamerscore accumulation
  3. Apr 1, 2011
    I loved the story and it played so well. It's kinda of a little bit too easy though. The original does not compare to AC: Brotherhood, but it might be better than AC2.
  4. Jun 17, 2011
    Before I played Assassin's Creed i thought that it was going to be a cool game but wow they just blew me out of the water. I love so much about this game that it's difficult to even begin how amazing it is. That being said that there are a few flaws that detract from the game.
  5. Jul 26, 2012
    Though the missions get repetitive quickly, the sheer joy of stalking your target from the rooftops before sneaking in for a brutal assassination managed to keep me hooked the whole way through. The graphics are absolutely stunning, especially standing at the peak of a tower or church steeple and looking around you. Combat is deceptively simple and not hugely innovative, and it's the assassination feature that will really grab your attention. The storyline is gripping and intelligent and comes together with the rest of the features to create a hugely immersive and impressive title. Expand
  6. Aug 23, 2011
    The first installment of an amazing series. This is the game the started it all, it is a revolutionary achievement in gaming history. Assassin's Creed pulled me in and left me in awe, when I first played it four years ago. Although the graphics have improved over the series, I'll never forget that special feeling I had when I first interned the world of Assassin's Creed, beautiful.
  7. Oct 4, 2011
    Re-Playability Value: 8
    Fun Factor: 9

Score: 8.5/10 = A
  8. Sep 22, 2012
    Assassin's Creed is truly a wonderful game. The visuals are gorgeous, (except the people--I'll get to that later), the cities teem with life and the ending will shock you to the core.

However, the people are poorly done, or maybe it's just my PC. Their legs show through their robes when they walk, and their index and middle, ring and pinkie fingers are stuck together, making them look
    like aliens. It's also rather formulaic, with you completing the same types of things (flag challenges, stealth assassinations, stall destroying) over and over in different circumstances.

It's great fun to just mess around, though. You don't have to follow the story after a certain point--you can just mess around and kill civilians if you so chose. Seriously, buy this game. You'll love it.
  9. Aug 8, 2012
    I loved Assassin's Creed, it was an amazing story to play through, the controls were new and a little hard to get used to, but I played it hours on end, I would definitely recommend this game, great job once again Bioware.
  10. Nov 15, 2012
    Primo e grandissimo capitolo di una serie adventure/stealth che sicuramente tutti conosciamo!
    La trama del gioco riesce subito a rapirti ed è accompagnata con un comparto grafico davvero raffinato e ben fatto.Per quanto riguarda il gameplay intravediamo solo il sistema di combattimenti veloci che sono possibili nei capitoli come Revelations e Brotherhood ma comunque gli scontri
    risultano godibili, invece per quando riguarda il lato stealth del gioco troviamo anche qui un buon lavoro con situazioni che richiedono un minimo di pianificazione e un'accurato studio dell'ambiente circostante.
    Per molti la più grande pecca di questo splendido gioco e la sua ripetitività nelle azioni da svolgere ma che secondo il mio parere, questa peculiarità, è stata quasi voluta dagli sviluppatori per ricreare quella atmosfera scandita da dogmi e regole che viveva la setta degli assassini in quel periodo, il che comporta lo svolgere di precise azioni più volte da parte di Altair per sottostare al credo dell'assassino.
    Inoltre Assassin's Creed è ricco di riferimenti storici che danno ancora più valore a questo gioco ricreando tutte le varie atmosfere del tempo, che forse però, non tutti sono stati in grado di apprezzare nella loro minuziosa ricostruzione e resa grafica.
    Il tutto verrà nettamente migliorato e portato ad un'altro livello nel secondo capitolo ma il primo rimane sicuramente uno dei più belli grazie anche alla sua ambientazione medievale che dona all'opera un che di mistico che riesce ad affascinare il giocatore.
  11. Jun 25, 2013
    Monotony may be a pervasive ailment of some of its letter moments, but "Assassin's Creed" does manage to successfully present a wholly gratifying stealth-action experience.
  12. Apr 4, 2013
    This game is awesome. Though people complain about its historical Inaccuracy its an amazing game and propelled the series. I suggest this game to anyone looking for a good RPG
  13. Dec 15, 2012
    Although I didn't give this game a shot until 2011, I am very glad that I did! While the graphics don't hold up that well compared to recent releases, the gameplay and story line keep you entertained and eager to keep playing. If you were to run through the story-driven missions without taking any time to sight-see or attempt side missions, it is around a 10hr game. I took my sweet time and played much longer. There are fun weapons and ways in which you can "take care" of your targets. All in all, my favorite thing about the AC franchise is free running around the city and jumping off the tops of ancient wonders. Oh yeah, the historical accuracy in AC is quite riveting. As a history buff I thoroughly enjoyed seeing much of the game's story line and characters following their destiny. Great game. Expand
  14. Jun 21, 2013
    Assassin's creed is an enthralling, immersive, and incredibly atmospheric game. It's a classic for sure, but that's not to say it doesn't have its flaws. Let's talk about the good first. First off, it's very well written. It's one of those rare games that would actually make a decent movie, like Halo, or Half Life. It's world is incredibly detailed. The atmospheric music mixed with incredible visuals gives the game an almost hypnotic quality, and the climbing, free running, and fighting are all impressive. It also doesn't feel to short. A rare thing to find in games nowadays. On the other hand though, its story dips into some themes which are offensive to Christians, like myself. It can also be very repetitive. You keep having to do the same types of pre-mission missions like ease dropping, or pickpocketing. Fortunately though, the main assassinations are all varied greatly, and the game overall is so original, so fun, and so awe inspiring that it would be crazy to pass up, especially now when the price has been lowered. Expand
  15. Jun 24, 2013
    Looking back at this game after playing Assassin's Creed 3, I can see why I originally loved it. In a way, the game is very arcade-like. You're given a mission to kill some guy, you research the guy, and then you kill the guy. Rinse and repeat. However, the way in which this process is executed is where things get interesting. Your targets are always harder and harder to get. While some might walk out into the open, acting like sitting ducks, others might hide away in castles, trying their best to avoid you. The simple and compelling gameplay is addictive and satisfying.
    Unlike later iterations of the Assassin's Creed franchise, the first game has a very basic plot. You play as Altair, you kill people, and you uncover various mysteries surrounding your order as you go along. It's interesting enough to keep you playing, but simple enough not to frustrate you with dumb plot points and details.
    The simplistic style and gameplay of Assassin's Creed makes it ridiculously fun to play, acting as one of the best games in the franchise.
  16. May 25, 2013
    I first came across Assassin's Creed through Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed's spiritual successor. and when I played this game, I knew it took the prince of Persia formula and made it even better. The story for the game is half and half for me. The story of Altair is great. it manages to tie everything together, and the plot twist at the game actually surprised me a lot. Desmond's story, however, isn't that great. or good. This story is seriously not needed in every possible way, and why it was even created or affected the main storyline in the past will always be a mystery to me. The gameplay is pretty nice. the open-world roaming and combat are fun and addicting, and it definitely shows relation to Prince of Persia. though I sometimes thought Altair wasn't fast enough. his climbing felt very slow, and didn't seem to run that fast. the music in the game is decent, but isn't very memorable. the graphics for the game are great. for a game that came out almost 2 years in the 360's life span, the graphics are really nice, especially for the first in a series of games. I did notice a few issues with character models, like lip-syncing, but that was little. Something I found very enjoyable with the game was the voice acting. Altair's voice actor fits perfectly, along with characters like Al Mualim, Malik, and even Desmond. Side missions in the game are passable. some can be simple, like eavesdropping, and others can get repetitive, like killing certain targets to clear an assassin. this game also has replay elements. for example, all side missions must be completed to get a full sync in a memory sequence, or section of the game. unfortunately, that involves flag collecting, which is the worst part of the game. I'm all about having things in a game to add replay ability, but the flags are not a good way of showing it. There are hundreds and hundreds of flags to collect, and by the time I got 60 flags, I was shut off of flag collecting. Overall, Assassin's Creed is a great start to such an amazing series. the gameplay is awesome by taking elements from prince of Persia, the replay value is huge, and Altair's story is well-crafted. if you're a fan of action-adventure games, give Assassin's Creed a try. you may just end up loving it. Expand
  17. Nov 27, 2013
    THEY NEED to remaster this on xbox one and get rid of the repetitiveness out of this game re do the missions but keep the story change the combat and free running to
    ac brotherhood and free running and story as impressive and fast paced as 2 and with actual knights Templars with the famous red cross across their chests like they was in this game the knights templar was one of the most
    feared knights they was the highest skilled and never surrendered not even if they was greater numbers facing them they also defeated an army when the odds was like 4 to 1 against the templars they was also the best and most skilled fighters yet in assassins creed you never see this Expand

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
    It's hard to put the sheer size and brilliance of Assassin's Creed into words. It is an epic game that you have to experience for yourself. I will caution that the game is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. While you can plow through the main storyline in under 20 hours, to truly get every single last shred of gaming goodness, you will probably have to put in twice that number.
  3. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.