7.8

1. Aug 23, 2011
    The first installment of an amazing series. This is the game the started it all, it is a revolutionary achievement in gaming history. Assassin's Creed pulled me in and left me in awe, when I first played it four years ago. Although the graphics have improved over the series, I'll never forget that special feeling I had when I first interned the world of Assassin's Creed, beautiful.
  2. Aug 8, 2012
    I loved Assassin's Creed, it was an amazing story to play through, the controls were new and a little hard to get used to, but I played it hours on end, I would definitely recommend this game, great job once again Bioware.
  3. Apr 4, 2013
    This game is awesome. Though people complain about its historical Inaccuracy its an amazing game and propelled the series. I suggest this game to anyone looking for a good RPG
  4. Aug 15, 2010
    Assassin's Creed is a great game and a must have any action/adventure gamer. Pros:

Exploration: One of the highlights of the game is exploration. You can go anywhere, climb any building and ride a horse in any feild. In between locations is huge country and mountain side for you to explore or wreck havoc. The citites are huge and very enjoyable to search the place for nook and cranny.

Gameplay: The gameplay is very cool. There are no levels just assassination contracts. You could do them stealthly or all out swords.

Grpahics: Graphics make use of the X-Box egine and is very detailed. The cities don't look generic but has a style of their own. Voice Acting/Plot: The voice acting is great and the plot is straight thriller satutes giving twist and turns.

Cons:

Combat: While the combat is very cool, you only get three different kind weapons. The Hidden Blade, a sword and a small dagger. Each weapon has a unique set of moves but their the same for the enitre game. Never improving and no unlockables.

Weapons: There is no weapons system no upgrades for weapons except for damage. It would be cool to get other weapons.

Minor Tecnical Glitches: There minor ones, when Altair goes on the view points his cape goes through the floorboards. Enemy AI can get stupid sometimes and you can lose them sometimes too quickly.

Overall Consensus: AC's combat system is reaptive but it still provide thrills and a good refreshing entry into the action genre. 90%
  5. Oct 8, 2010
    Somewhat repetitive game play and missions, but the visuals and imaginative story line make for an enjoyable experience. The flag collecting felt dated, but makes for some each gamerscore accumulation
  6. Apr 1, 2011
    I loved the story and it played so well. It's kinda of a little bit too easy though. The original does not compare to AC: Brotherhood, but it might be better than AC2.
  7. Jun 17, 2011
    Before I played Assassin's Creed i thought that it was going to be a cool game but wow they just blew me out of the water. I love so much about this game that it's difficult to even begin how amazing it is. That being said that there are a few flaws that detract from the game.
  8. Jul 26, 2012
    Though the missions get repetitive quickly, the sheer joy of stalking your target from the rooftops before sneaking in for a brutal assassination managed to keep me hooked the whole way through. The graphics are absolutely stunning, especially standing at the peak of a tower or church steeple and looking around you. Combat is deceptively simple and not hugely innovative, and it's theThough the missions get repetitive quickly, the sheer joy of stalking your target from the rooftops before sneaking in for a brutal assassination managed to keep me hooked the whole way through. The graphics are absolutely stunning, especially standing at the peak of a tower or church steeple and looking around you. Combat is deceptively simple and not hugely innovative, and it's the assassination feature that will really grab your attention. The storyline is gripping and intelligent and comes together with the rest of the features to create a hugely immersive and impressive title. Expand
  9. Oct 4, 2011
    Re-Playability Value: 8
    Fun Factor: 9

Score: 8.5/10 = A
  10. Sep 22, 2012
    Assassin's Creed is truly a wonderful game. The visuals are gorgeous, (except the people--I'll get to that later), the cities teem with life and the ending will shock you to the core.

However, the people are poorly done, or maybe it's just my PC. Their legs show through their robes when they walk, and their index and middle, ring and pinkie fingers are stuck together, making them look like aliens. It's also rather formulaic, with you completing the same types of things (flag challenges, stealth assassinations, stall destroying) over and over in different circumstances.

It's great fun to just mess around, though. You don't have to follow the story after a certain point--you can just mess around and kill civilians if you so chose. Seriously, buy this game. You'll love it.
  11. Nov 15, 2012
    Primo e grandissimo capitolo di una serie adventure/stealth che sicuramente tutti conosciamo!
    La trama del gioco riesce subito a rapirti ed è accompagnata con un comparto grafico davvero raffinato e ben fatto.Per quanto riguarda il gameplay intravediamo solo il sistema di combattimenti veloci che sono possibili nei capitoli come Revelations e Brotherhood ma comunque gli scontri risultano godibili, invece per quando riguarda il lato stealth del gioco troviamo anche qui un buon lavoro con situazioni che richiedono un minimo di pianificazione e un'accurato studio dell'ambiente circostante.
    Per molti la più grande pecca di questo splendido gioco e la sua ripetitività nelle azioni da svolgere ma che secondo il mio parere, questa peculiarità, è stata quasi voluta dagli sviluppatori per ricreare quella atmosfera scandita da dogmi e regole che viveva la setta degli assassini in quel periodo, il che comporta lo svolgere di precise azioni più volte da parte di Altair per sottostare al credo dell'assassino.
    Inoltre Assassin's Creed è ricco di riferimenti storici che danno ancora più valore a questo gioco ricreando tutte le varie atmosfere del tempo, che forse però, non tutti sono stati in grado di apprezzare nella loro minuziosa ricostruzione e resa grafica.
    Il tutto verrà nettamente migliorato e portato ad un'altro livello nel secondo capitolo ma il primo rimane sicuramente uno dei più belli grazie anche alla sua ambientazione medievale che dona all'opera un che di mistico che riesce ad affascinare il giocatore.
  12. Jun 25, 2013
    Monotony may be a pervasive ailment of some of its letter moments, but "Assassin's Creed" does manage to successfully present a wholly gratifying stealth-action experience.
  13. Dec 15, 2012
    Although I didn't give this game a shot until 2011, I am very glad that I did! While the graphics don't hold up that well compared to recent releases, the gameplay and story line keep you entertained and eager to keep playing. If you were to run through the story-driven missions without taking any time to sight-see or attempt side missions, it is around a 10hr game. I took my sweet timeAlthough I didn't give this game a shot until 2011, I am very glad that I did! While the graphics don't hold up that well compared to recent releases, the gameplay and story line keep you entertained and eager to keep playing. If you were to run through the story-driven missions without taking any time to sight-see or attempt side missions, it is around a 10hr game. I took my sweet time and played much longer. There are fun weapons and ways in which you can "take care" of your targets. All in all, my favorite thing about the AC franchise is free running around the city and jumping off the tops of ancient wonders. Oh yeah, the historical accuracy in AC is quite riveting. As a history buff I thoroughly enjoyed seeing much of the game's story line and characters following their destiny. Great game. Expand
  14. Jun 21, 2013
    Assassin's creed is an enthralling, immersive, and incredibly atmospheric game. It's a classic for sure, but that's not to say it doesn't have its flaws. Let's talk about the good first. First off, it's very well written. It's one of those rare games that would actually make a decent movie, like Halo, or Half Life. It's world is incredibly detailed. The atmospheric music mixed withAssassin's creed is an enthralling, immersive, and incredibly atmospheric game. It's a classic for sure, but that's not to say it doesn't have its flaws. Let's talk about the good first. First off, it's very well written. It's one of those rare games that would actually make a decent movie, like Halo, or Half Life. It's world is incredibly detailed. The atmospheric music mixed with incredible visuals gives the game an almost hypnotic quality, and the climbing, free running, and fighting are all impressive. It also doesn't feel to short. A rare thing to find in games nowadays. On the other hand though, its story dips into some themes which are offensive to Christians, like myself. It can also be very repetitive. You keep having to do the same types of pre-mission missions like ease dropping, or pickpocketing. Fortunately though, the main assassinations are all varied greatly, and the game overall is so original, so fun, and so awe inspiring that it would be crazy to pass up, especially now when the price has been lowered. Expand
  15. Jun 24, 2013
    Looking back at this game after playing Assassin's Creed 3, I can see why I originally loved it. In a way, the game is very arcade-like. You're given a mission to kill some guy, you research the guy, and then you kill the guy. Rinse and repeat. However, the way in which this process is executed is where things get interesting. Your targets are always harder and harder to get. While someLooking back at this game after playing Assassin's Creed 3, I can see why I originally loved it. In a way, the game is very arcade-like. You're given a mission to kill some guy, you research the guy, and then you kill the guy. Rinse and repeat. However, the way in which this process is executed is where things get interesting. Your targets are always harder and harder to get. While some might walk out into the open, acting like sitting ducks, others might hide away in castles, trying their best to avoid you. The simple and compelling gameplay is addictive and satisfying.
    Unlike later iterations of the Assassin's Creed franchise, the first game has a very basic plot. You play as Altair, you kill people, and you uncover various mysteries surrounding your order as you go along. It's interesting enough to keep you playing, but simple enough not to frustrate you with dumb plot points and details.
    The simplistic style and gameplay of Assassin's Creed makes it ridiculously fun to play, acting as one of the best games in the franchise.
  16. May 25, 2013
    I first came across Assassin's Creed through Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed's spiritual successor. and when I played this game, I knew it took the prince of Persia formula and made it even better. The story for the game is half and half for me. The story of Altair is great. it manages to tie everything together, and the plot twist at the game actually surprised me a lot. Desmond'sI first came across Assassin's Creed through Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed's spiritual successor. and when I played this game, I knew it took the prince of Persia formula and made it even better. The story for the game is half and half for me. The story of Altair is great. it manages to tie everything together, and the plot twist at the game actually surprised me a lot. Desmond's story, however, isn't that great. or good. This story is seriously not needed in every possible way, and why it was even created or affected the main storyline in the past will always be a mystery to me. The gameplay is pretty nice. the open-world roaming and combat are fun and addicting, and it definitely shows relation to Prince of Persia. though I sometimes thought Altair wasn't fast enough. his climbing felt very slow, and didn't seem to run that fast. the music in the game is decent, but isn't very memorable. the graphics for the game are great. for a game that came out almost 2 years in the 360's life span, the graphics are really nice, especially for the first in a series of games. I did notice a few issues with character models, like lip-syncing, but that was little. Something I found very enjoyable with the game was the voice acting. Altair's voice actor fits perfectly, along with characters like Al Mualim, Malik, and even Desmond. Side missions in the game are passable. some can be simple, like eavesdropping, and others can get repetitive, like killing certain targets to clear an assassin. this game also has replay elements. for example, all side missions must be completed to get a full sync in a memory sequence, or section of the game. unfortunately, that involves flag collecting, which is the worst part of the game. I'm all about having things in a game to add replay ability, but the flags are not a good way of showing it. There are hundreds and hundreds of flags to collect, and by the time I got 60 flags, I was shut off of flag collecting. Overall, Assassin's Creed is a great start to such an amazing series. the gameplay is awesome by taking elements from prince of Persia, the replay value is huge, and Altair's story is well-crafted. if you're a fan of action-adventure games, give Assassin's Creed a try. you may just end up loving it. Expand
  17. Nov 27, 2013
    THEY NEED to remaster this on xbox one and get rid of the repetitiveness out of this game re do the missions but keep the story change the combat and free running to
    ac brotherhood and free running and story as impressive and fast paced as 2 and with actual knights Templars with the famous red cross across their chests like they was in this game the knights templar was one of the most feared knights they was the highest skilled and never surrendered not even if they was greater numbers facing them they also defeated an army when the odds was like 4 to 1 against the templars they was also the best and most skilled fighters yet in assassins creed you never see this
  18. Sep 9, 2014
    Revolutionary! Loved it. May get a little repetitive, but it rewards you with a piece of the story once you get it right. Please play this before AC2. I hate when a game gets hate after it's sequel is released.
  19. Oct 19, 2010
    lets start off with the PRO's- Graphics are very detailed, and luxurious. Sound is also good, when u hear the clanking of your sword hit the other guys sword or the crunch when you shove your sword in someone's shoulder gives you a feeling of satisfaction and that u kick ass. Story is amazing! its a really interesting plot involving the templars and how they've affected society then andlets start off with the PRO's- Graphics are very detailed, and luxurious. Sound is also good, when u hear the clanking of your sword hit the other guys sword or the crunch when you shove your sword in someone's shoulder gives you a feeling of satisfaction and that u kick ass. Story is amazing! its a really interesting plot involving the templars and how they've affected society then and thru history, including the assassin's who are the "good" guys who are trying to stop the templars. It gets deeper, but i don't want to ruin it for you. Also the setting is amazing! the detail that goes into the architecture is quite stunning, and there are three cities that the assassinations take place (Acre, Jerusalem and Damascus). CONS:( it can be very slow sometimes, it takes a measure of patience to play this game. What makes it slow is that you have to ride everywhere, walk (or climb) around the huge cities to get somewhere. another con is that even tho the detail that went into making the cities is amazing, its bland. What i mean is, is there is not a lot of color, for instance Acre is a cool, dark medieval city, and thats it. the weather is always overcast, then Damascus is like a desert town full of browns and oranges for coloring. Also i wish they would have put in weather affects, its an open world and i would have liked at least a night and day cycle. Another thing i wish was just a bit different is combat, now its satisfying when you counterattack and shove your sword thru someone's gut, but its slow attacking first is like hitting with the slowest attack you can throw at him, quite annoying after awhile. I give it an 8.2 out of 10. For stunning visuals and sound+
    Amazing story+
    Drags on during some parts-
    Combat is slow, but counterattacks are nice-
  20. Jun 28, 2012
    I picked this game up 2012 and i wasn't expecting it to be anything special. Once i started playing it and realized it came out in 2007 i was blown away, the smoothness of movement, interesting plot in "present." The game was flawed in many ways, the combat got very repetitive, the information mission were pretty repetituos and the random detections by the soldiers were really annoying.I picked this game up 2012 and i wasn't expecting it to be anything special. Once i started playing it and realized it came out in 2007 i was blown away, the smoothness of movement, interesting plot in "present." The game was flawed in many ways, the combat got very repetitive, the information mission were pretty repetituos and the random detections by the soldiers were really annoying.

What AC did right was capture annoying beggars and the "disturbed" though the beggars sometimes shoved you and therefore soldiers would detect you. The smoothness of movement was really great, you really didn't jump where you didn't want to, which is much better than as example in Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands. You also have to give credit to the player involvement in cut scenes/dialogue, the player was rarely cut off from the game watching a cut scene, instead what they added was a "memory error" a little interactive camera angle switch which kept the player aware. The only place where i felt the player was stripped of his control was finishers, i would have loved to actually get to press each move myself and not watch my guy just roll a certain animation in a canned film manner.

Overall, AC was a entertaining package with its repetitiveness and solid game play.
  21. Mar 1, 2011
    1. lets start off with the PRO's- Graphics are very detailed, and luxurious. Sound is also good, when u hear the clanking of your sword hit the other guys sword or the crunch when you shove your sword in someone's shoulder gives you a feeling of satisfaction and that u kick ass. Story is amazing! its a really interesting plot involving the templars and how they've affected society then and thru history, including the assassin's who are the "good" guys who are trying to stop the templars. It gets deeper, but i don't want to ruin it for you. Also the setting is amazing! the detail that goes into the architecture is quite stunning, and there are three cities that the assassinations take place (Acre, Jerusalem and Damascus). CONS:( it can be very slow sometimes, it takes a measure of patience to play this game. What makes it slow is that you have to ride everywhere, walk (or climb) around the huge cities to get somewhere. another con is that even tho the detail that went into making the cities is amazing, its bland. What i mean is, is there is not a lot of color, for instance Acre is a cool, dark medieval city, and thats it. the weather is always overcast, then Damascus is like a desert town full of browns and oranges for coloring. Also i wish they would have put in weather affects, its an open world and i would have liked at least a night and day cycle. Another thing i wish was just a bit different is combat, now its satisfying when you counterattack and shove your sword thru someone's gut, but its slow attacking first is like hitting with the slowest attack you can throw at him, quite annoying after awhile. I give it an 8.2 out of 10. For stunning visuals and sound+ Amazing story+ Drags on during some parts- Combat is slow, but counterattacks are nice-
  22. Jul 9, 2012
    I had long dreamed of having an Assassin Creed's game, but it was only until now that I had a chance to buy one. I decided to start from the first one and here I am doing a review, consisting of my thoughts about half-way into the game.

Gameplay is great all-around, but the fact is that it gets repetitive really quickly. Basically, for the bulk of the game, you have to go to one of the cities, investigate the area through pickpocketing, eavesdropping, interrogating and so on. After gaining enough info about a target, you get to kill the dude. The whole process is fun for two or three times, but becomes extremely tedious and annoying when you realise you have to do this for around 10 times for the whole game. Visiting view points and saving citizens becomes a chore and adds to the frustration. Also, the inclusion of flag-collecting serves no more than an achievement-oriented item. By the time you finish the story, there is absolutely minimal motivation in letting you replaying the game to collect the random collectables.

Story-wise, the plot starts off promisingly but similar to the gameplay, it seems to lose it's direction and sense of progression afterwards. The whole plot seems to disappear in the middle part of the game as you just hunt down targets one by one, without any sort of twist or surprise in the story. The lack of subtitles is downright weird for a game with so many cutscenes and dialogues, which not only makes people hard to follow what they're talking about, but also deters people from becoming engaged in the story.

Bearing in mind this was a 2007 game, the graphics are fantastic even when playing in the year 2012. The stunning graphics is what glues the game together, otherwise no one would be bothered to leap around the city and scale towers again and again. The views of the cities from up-top is fantastic and the kills are made to look rewarding.

In conclusion, the core gameplay is excellent with great combat and free-running mechanics. It is visually breathtaking and dialogue/sounds are decent. However, it's biggest flaw is repetitiveness. If the game was 3-hours long, this would have been rated a 9 or even 9.5, but unfortunately it is not. The lack of replayablity, along with repetitiveness, means it downgrades an excellent game into a good game.
  23. Nov 2, 2012
    An original, creative and well thought action game which is quite different to others and can also provide some challenging and fun gameplay as well.
  24. Oct 14, 2013
    The original Assassins creed is still a great game. It does pale in comparison with the sequels but laid down the groundwork and fantastic concept that the rest follow.
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    Very good game! Before this game I didn't know that I will ever like 3rd persone action games! Atmosphere in game is absolutely amazing! Story is intriguing and good! Thank you!!
  26. Dec 20, 2011
    Innovation is great in this Prince of Persia spin-off, a lot of things are historically accurate and it couldn't be better, though, the missions before assassinating are really boring and the game gets a little repetitive but who cares, it's so much fun messing around in this game that can be forgiven. Despite some weaknesses Assassin's Creed stands up and makes a good game.
  27. Jan 4, 2012
    Having played this game in late 2008, I found myself excited at the prospect of stepping into the robes of a true Assassin named Altair. However, when I began the game, I was surprised to find that it was not a purely-historical game. Instead, there were strong science-fiction ties that had to do with memories of ancestor, and this only made it harder to put down. Of course, I was whollyHaving played this game in late 2008, I found myself excited at the prospect of stepping into the robes of a true Assassin named Altair. However, when I began the game, I was surprised to find that it was not a purely-historical game. Instead, there were strong science-fiction ties that had to do with memories of ancestor, and this only made it harder to put down. Of course, I was wholly inexperienced with the gameplay, causing my death many times during my first playthrough, but it hadn't detracted from the experience in the least. It became so natural that I was ending fights with only the hidden blade equipped. However, during the first three-quarters of the game, I realized how much I disliked Altair and how far he was away from I behaved. Becoming a Master Assassin early in life, he grew arrogant and selfish, but changed after killing another who was like him; who killed others just because he could. And so he transformed into one of my favorite characters.

The single-funnest feature in the game for me was the act of parkour and free-running, which allowed Altair to scale buildings without much effort and travel the city in half the time it would take others. But it came at a cost; there were several instances that I was killed from the accidental turn of the camera because it was so sensitive. In addition to this, the second time I played, it was quite noticeable that the mission structure was (to use a common word) "repetitive", but I continued to play with vigor. Each assassination was actually unique in and of itself, so much that I ignored the like-mindedness of the structure. For a game series in its first outing, the game created my hunger for the rest of the games and even though it is not perfect, it is a great example of what can happen if you try new IPs.
  28. Jul 18, 2013
    Assassin's Creed is a beautifully detailed, smooth operating, engrossing game that suffers from one glaring fault, repetition. The number of times you must save a harassed citizen is a product of a design team that had to work on all kinds of function and scenery, and than had little time left over to fill the game with missions. The other annoyance to a game that is supposed to favorAssassin's Creed is a beautifully detailed, smooth operating, engrossing game that suffers from one glaring fault, repetition. The number of times you must save a harassed citizen is a product of a design team that had to work on all kinds of function and scenery, and than had little time left over to fill the game with missions. The other annoyance to a game that is supposed to favor stealth and assassin techniques is the constant large scale unavoidable fights the later assassinations produce. I'm sorry, my character is the worst assassin ever if he constantly just walks into a crowd of soldiers.
    Great game mechanics and wonderful detailing largely overcome second rate missions.
  29. Cuz
    Jul 30, 2012
    Just now playing this for the first time because of a Steam sale on the series. This is a half-hearted console port but playing with an XBOX controller made it work. The graphics look great given the age of the game and I really enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the cities. It does get repetitive so not really something you want to sit down and play for hours. I played it over a fewJust now playing this for the first time because of a Steam sale on the series. This is a half-hearted console port but playing with an XBOX controller made it work. The graphics look great given the age of the game and I really enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the cities. It does get repetitive so not really something you want to sit down and play for hours. I played it over a few weeks just getting in a mission here and there, about 20 hours of total gameplay not finding every flag. I'm giving it an 8 for the quality of the world and story, I very much enjoyed it in spite of the flaws. Expand
  30. Jul 11, 2013
    not as good as ac2 and brotherhood but awesome. Things it had trouble with is a lot of repetiveness in missions and little trouble with the fight mechanics but altogether the game play was really great (love free running). Would've loved to see more customization of the character but at same time felt right in certain ways (felt more serious and less video gamey) Loved the sound and storynot as good as ac2 and brotherhood but awesome. Things it had trouble with is a lot of repetiveness in missions and little trouble with the fight mechanics but altogether the game play was really great (love free running). Would've loved to see more customization of the character but at same time felt right in certain ways (felt more serious and less video gamey) Loved the sound and story that leads to an epic ending where you feel Altaiir is the freaken man. Expand

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
    It's hard to put the sheer size and brilliance of Assassin's Creed into words. It is an epic game that you have to experience for yourself. I will caution that the game is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. While you can plow through the main storyline in under 20 hours, to truly get every single last shred of gaming goodness, you will probably have to put in twice that number.
  3. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.