Assassin's Creed Xbox 360

7.7

1. JasonM.
    Dec 4, 2007
    Just a beautiful game and a must own, especially for fans of the Prince of Persia series.
  2. KieferM.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Sheer massive in scale, beautiful world, intense combat, lotsa neat tricks, skills and moves. and amazingly to my surprise, its got a bit of sci-fi thrown in there too... the only thing better would be... well, the sequel.
  3. JamesM.
    Nov 21, 2007
    This games more like a 9.5 but I'll round up. It has possibly one of the most interesting stories seen in todays gaming community. Many people complain about the repetitiveness of the pre-assassination but you only have to do 2 or 3 for each kill. Also the gameplay is simplistic but it makes it so pretty much anyone can pick it up and play. The climbing is the best of any game and This games more like a 9.5 but I'll round up. It has possibly one of the most interesting stories seen in todays gaming community. Many people complain about the repetitiveness of the pre-assassination but you only have to do 2 or 3 for each kill. Also the gameplay is simplistic but it makes it so pretty much anyone can pick it up and play. The climbing is the best of any game and worth your while due to the gorgeous environments. There are a few downsides to this game. Sometimes when interrogating someone Altair wont kill them after listening to them talk this leads to the game to be playing but you cant move at all and its just focused on the guy waiting to be killed. Also there are a few instances where you counter kill or grab and end up glitching into the wall or out of the level. These are small blemishes on a amazing game. Its main outstanding feature is that there are no other games like this on the market. Expand
  4. AbdulS.
    Dec 10, 2007
    the best game on any console. all you critics are really stupid. graphics are the best, storyline is good, the only con is finding flags for achievments, otherwise an almost perfect game.
  5. ShanB.
    Jan 20, 2008
    Assasin's Creed is a great game, especialy those who are in to action games. The enviorment and characters all look stunning, the gameplay is fun and will keep you entertained even by just jumping across buildings. The only downside is that it does become a little repetitve near the end of the game. Overall, Assassin's Creed is a great game that will not to dispoint.
  6. AlexF.
    Feb 11, 2008
    I think this game should rate 10 or at least 9 because you have so much freedom to do what you want and the fighting is just fantastic! and very realistic.
  7. WillS.
    Feb 10, 2008
    Very interesting 3rd person adventure game. It's very refreshing to see one of the big studios make something new for a change. Assassin's Creed has high art quality, and some of the best animation blending i have seen in a game. I like being able to climb on almost ever surface, plus things such as mounted combat and the crowd AI really adds to the gameplay. Worth the buy!
  8. EdwardS.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Pleasing to say the least. Technically, this game plays great and looks amazing. Top notch graphics for sure. And as a GAME it
  9. MaxG.
    Nov 15, 2007
    So similar to Prince of Persia but so much better. It reminds me mostly of Theif (remember that one!) except the game is about a thousand times more complex. Plus, you can actually fight.
  10. larzB
    Nov 16, 2007
    I am so hyped about Assassins Creed! This game is great. I was excited when I first saw the videos with Jade Raymond describing the game but now that I have it and have been playing it .. OMG!!!!!I love all the interaction with the environment and the people. Ubisoft really blended all the great gaming elements that are popular right now. Great Job!!! Much LOVE
  11. ClintK.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Simply incredible. It's like some of these reviewers are playing a different game. Maybe they've just been spoiled by so many great games this fall.
  12. JasonL.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Now I don't think this is a perfect game, it is repetetive, but some of the aweful and unfair scores it has recieved makes me rate it a 10 instead of a 9. This is a fantastic game, it looks great the AI is fantastic both the enemies and civilians. The ability to go anywhere and climb anything is refreshing and the different tactics you have to use in order to assassinate your targets Now I don't think this is a perfect game, it is repetetive, but some of the aweful and unfair scores it has recieved makes me rate it a 10 instead of a 9. This is a fantastic game, it looks great the AI is fantastic both the enemies and civilians. The ability to go anywhere and climb anything is refreshing and the different tactics you have to use in order to assassinate your targets adds refreshing twists at each turn. If you are reading this you owe it to yourself to at least give this one a try; if you come in with an open mind you won't be dissappointed. Expand
  13. RobC.
    Nov 27, 2007
    I'm confused. I take it everyone who has voted on here before have played a decent amount of games? If so, to the point where so many people's reviews i have read, and the amount of people who have said this game is repetitive really have not played alot of games i have. Can someone tell me a game where every action and every attack (if with swords or guns) is not repeated in I'm confused. I take it everyone who has voted on here before have played a decent amount of games? If so, to the point where so many people's reviews i have read, and the amount of people who have said this game is repetitive really have not played alot of games i have. Can someone tell me a game where every action and every attack (if with swords or guns) is not repeated in some way. I have only just begun assassins creed and compared to alot of games this really is amazing. From the beautifull graphics to the game mechanics. This game (for me) really is one of the top games i have played. Expand
  14. NealB.
    Dec 7, 2007
    This game is absolute perfection. It's Immersive, engaging, and compelling in presentation. To the reviewer who argues that the game is slow due to having to walk around at a crawl has clearly mis-interpreted the training scenarios. The proper way of moving about the cities are via the rooftops of by running in high profile mode to escape your perusers.
  15. BrodelE.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Best single player only game I have played in a LONG time!
  16. WesT.
    Jan 14, 2008
    This game is fantastic. I felt like I had full control of the environment around me. It has a great story line and will leave you deep in thought well after you finish the game. I suggest buying it now.
  17. JulioD.
    Jun 12, 2008
    Although not completely historically accurate. The game still has a fascinating and well thought out story with good replayable gameplay. This game also has awesome graphics and cool cutscenes. Each character is unique and important to storyline and dialog is interesting.
  18. KanishkA
    Nov 19, 2009
    It amazes me as to how people cannot appreciate this game. This game is brilliant on so many levels and will definitely be remembered as the most well made games of this generation. Form the story lines to the expansive scenes of the towns from the view points. This game is simply breathe taking. The fights are tense and require you to use your skills as a player. Simple button mashing It amazes me as to how people cannot appreciate this game. This game is brilliant on so many levels and will definitely be remembered as the most well made games of this generation. Form the story lines to the expansive scenes of the towns from the view points. This game is simply breathe taking. The fights are tense and require you to use your skills as a player. Simple button mashing won't do. And guard chases are also lot of fun while searching for that very crucial hiding place. This game is just pure unadulterated fun. That is why I am unable to comprehend the reasoning of some of these critics here. Who have given bad reviews to an amazing game and brought down its overall rating. This games deserves nothing but excellent marks for all that it has to offer. Expand
  19. TigheM.
    Apr 28, 2009
    I think the main problem people have with Assassin's Creed will be that they are incapable of respecting it for what it is: it's really not that much like most other games. Reading some of the negative posts on this website, It has become clear to me that the most people can come up with to complain about is "It's too repetitive" or "I hated the sci-fi bit because it turns I think the main problem people have with Assassin's Creed will be that they are incapable of respecting it for what it is: it's really not that much like most other games. Reading some of the negative posts on this website, It has become clear to me that the most people can come up with to complain about is "It's too repetitive" or "I hated the sci-fi bit because it turns out I don't really get to be an assassin." In fact, I have seen several official reviews of the game that barely get above this standard themselves. Assassin's Creed is a game that you shouldn't play all in one or two 15-hour sessions; it's best taken an hour or two at a time over a longer period, giving your brain time to absorb all of the little details that make it so compelling. The emails you find on Vidic's computer aare just one example of the time the developers spent creating a vivid fiction to entertain those who can respect such a thing in a video game. If Gears of War is a summer blockbuster, AC is a critically acclaimed, misunderstood masterpiece. The design, ultimately, gives gamers a fun way to experience the cinematic masterpiece that is Assassin's Creed. Many people have been disappointed by the "too easy" fighting system; I think this goes to show that these people aren't taking the time to delve into the 'Assassin' part of the game; the level of satisfaction you get from gathering all of the info there is on your target, doing reconnaiscance, planning your attack, and then pulling off a daring assassination leaves all complaints I have about the fighting system behind. It is the small things that reinforce the overall experience that make this game amazing; the fact that Ubisoft obviously spent time making such a small thing as jumping through a merchant stand cinematic and cool elevates the experience beyond other games. Bottom Line: AC is not for everyone; but if you have patience, curiosity, and a love for cinematic storytelling, Assassin's Creed may just be the best game you'll ever play. Expand
  20. NathanC.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Awesome game! Great controls, nice fighting, everything!
  21. LordSergenteen
    Nov 13, 2007
    You the hell are all of these stupid people. Almost all critics are rating the good games bad and the bad games good this holiday season. My game stop just got their shipment in 1 hour ago and I am already an hour in. There is absolutly nothing wrong with this game and has way more two it than lesser games like COD4. If you own any major game and you want to own all of them, you needYou the hell are all of these stupid people. Almost all critics are rating the good games bad and the bad games good this holiday season. My game stop just got their shipment in 1 hour ago and I am already an hour in. There is absolutly nothing wrong with this game and has way more two it than lesser games like COD4. If you own any major game and you want to own all of them, you need to buy this. Expand
  22. TammyC.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Great graphics, story, and replay factor.
  23. FredW.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Simply the greatest game the XBOX 360 has seen. And as far as this style of game goes, remember Metal Gear Solid 2? The way it made you feel in regard to gameplay and the story content? This one makes that look like an 8-bit video game's reach. Yes, it's that good. My new favorite game, hands down.
  24. DrewC.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I heard several "interesting" facts about this game, but when I got to play it, it was intense! The running was a big favorite of mine, as well as the crowd and AI altogether. I really hope that they continue to please the crowd by making another successfull sequel.
  25. CharlesC.
    Nov 14, 2007
    One of the best 360 games to date. Non-linear gameplay is exciting and unpredictable. Bit by bit gaming companies are inching closer to smarter and more realisticly acting A.I.
  26. HarperB.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I rented this game because i loved ubi's prince of persia and figured that this one would be very similar. it is similar, but it's completely different at the same time. the only similarities are some of the video techniques and the fact that the main characters are middle-eastern, but this game has a plot twist that will make you start the game over and play it again with a I rented this game because i loved ubi's prince of persia and figured that this one would be very similar. it is similar, but it's completely different at the same time. the only similarities are some of the video techniques and the fact that the main characters are middle-eastern, but this game has a plot twist that will make you start the game over and play it again with a whole new perspective. oh, and yes, i ended up buying it after renting it. you should probably skip buying it if you're interested. it's well worth the money. Expand
  27. ThomasW.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I love the graphics and the playstyle of this game. I have been waiting for a game where I could wander around and do whatever i wanted and be amazed by the visuals. I thought Shadow of the Collossus would be one of my faves for a while but assassins creed blew it away. the graphics are stunning and assassinating people was never as fun.
  28. J.M.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Amazing! if GTA, Crackdown, and Prince of Persia had a 3-way, Assassin's Creed would be the child they'd make.
  29. JamesC.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Absolutely stunning graphics as well as gameplay and originality! This game takes the best elements of Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia and throws in the horse riding of Legend of Zelda and the sci-fi elements of The Matrix. All these parts together make for one very interesting and enjoyable game!
  30. JeffY.
    Nov 15, 2007
    This is not a game to run through. You need to take your time and experiance it. Sure, you end up pickpocketing and easedroping and fighting a lot. But it only gets repetitive if your just playing the game to get to the ending. Shooting a gun in a FPS isn't repetitive? Yes it is, but that dosen't mean its not fun. Assassin's Creed is the type of game that you need to take This is not a game to run through. You need to take your time and experiance it. Sure, you end up pickpocketing and easedroping and fighting a lot. But it only gets repetitive if your just playing the game to get to the ending. Shooting a gun in a FPS isn't repetitive? Yes it is, but that dosen't mean its not fun. Assassin's Creed is the type of game that you need to take your time and enjoy the experiance. Expand

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
    It's hard to put the sheer size and brilliance of Assassin's Creed into words. It is an epic game that you have to experience for yourself. I will caution that the game is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. While you can plow through the main storyline in under 20 hours, to truly get every single last shred of gaming goodness, you will probably have to put in twice that number.
  3. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.