7.8

1. Aug 23, 2010
    Very well done in terms of the world size and the free running. Interesting way to tell a story also. Unfortunately the entire game is so insanely repetitive that I couldn't even finish. I literally was sick to my stomach from doing the same thing over and over again. You basicly repeat the same mission the entire game.
  2. Oct 10, 2011
    A hit and miss game. Though the free roam platforming is absolutely brilliant, the rest of the game is really repetitive. The story can be a engaging at points but for most of the time, it is really boring. Being an assassin is really awesome. For the first hour. After that, it becomes very repetitive and assassinating people becomes less satisfying and only done out of boredom. Even with the negativity, I suggest to give this game a small try. Expand
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    A true joy of originality for the first few hours, but past that, you'll soon begin to feel the repetitive nature of the gameplay grinding against your brain with every second of play, coupled with a fairly standard plot that doesn't really answer any questions at all paving the way for a sequel, but not in a good way. If you can get past that, a beautiful interpretation of 12th century holy land with an astonishing amount of detail, a very suiting soundtrack coupled with some truly awe-insiring moments (synchronising at the peek of the tallest tower in Jerusalem, :O OH MY GOD, BONER-TIME). The combat is intuitive but leaves much to be desired, the actual assassination bits had a lot of potential but amount to no more than drawn out sword fights with multiple guards + your target no matter how well you plot them. The free-running, however, which essentially allows you to kick back and simply direct Altair across the many rooftops with simple ease, is among the greatest inventions in gaming history, and it makes sense, how many rooftops are there in Assassin's Creed, thousands you say? Well I don't want to press "jump" every **** time I jump from rooftop to rooftop, so in short, Ubisoft, I love you :D All in all, Assassin's Creed is a brilliant premise, if Ubisoft can tweak the gameplay so it isn't so monotonous, give a bit of spice and variety to the pre-assassination "intel-gathering" missions and spice up the plot dramatically, then Assassin's Creed II could be one of the greatest games ever made, fingers crossed b!tches Expand
  4. Sep 29, 2010
    its certinly looks preatty and controls very well but thats about it . the gameplay gets repititive really fast . you basically do the same thing over and over again with little feeling of any variation between missions . theres no custimisation on your charicters wepons and gear or look . its just this huge world with nothing really that fun to do. you can look for flags in citys... whoopie just what i want to do in a game play hide and go seek ... this game was very overhyped . the story was pretty entertaining but the boringness in the missions made it hard to push through. thankfully the sequel was much much better. if you have never played the assassin's creed games the second one is deffinitly worth playing id say just rent this one so you can get more of the story. Expand
  5. Nov 23, 2011
    Poor and repetitive mission objectives, A confusing story, and no replay value take a huge chunk out of the value of this game. While it has a ton of promise, This game sucks.
  6. Apr 16, 2011
    This is without doubt the WORST game I have ever played. It is so pathetic it is beyond a joke. The graphics are abysmal, the controls stink and the padded out gameplay is as repetative as heck. This is nothing but a 1 level repeated ad infinitum padded out repetative as heck beta tech demo. I played it for 3 hours ( 1/12 hours not counting the unskippable cutscenes ) and I was bored senseless. How this game got the reviews that it did I shall never know. I bet they were paid by Ubisoft to give those high scores because they knew they had made a crapfeast of a game.

Lets look at it one by one shall we:

Controls - what controls? The controls were the worst I have ever seen in gaming. My hand was aching after trying a couple of moves.

Graphics - Worst I have ever seen. Biege biege biege with more biege and some biege on the side. Bland boring and horrible.

Gameplay - What blooming gameplay there wasn't any. Evesdrop, pickpocket, blend, climb walls, collect flags ride horse rinse repeat ad infinitum.

Story - what blooming story? There wasn't any. Some sci-fi junk about some bartender bieng an assassin in a previous life and that the human genome has memory! Do me a favour. Worst story ever.

Voice acting - Terrible! you could tell that even the voice actors thought it was a dire script and were only there for the money.

Overall worst game ever. How this disaster got the reviews that it did and 2 sequels I shall never know. Ubisoft wouldn't know how to make a game if it came up and bit it's face.

STAY AWAY.
  7. Oct 30, 2010
    I'm going to start out this review by saying that Assassin's Creed is an extremely popular game, and one of my favorite games that I own. It also has some very obvious flaws. Missions get boring fairly quickly because of the lack of variety, which is something that every open-world game needs to have. But besides that, everything about this game is executed very well. Assassin's creed is set in the Middle East during the Crusades. Basically, you play as an assassin named Altair and go on missions to kill people. The way you do it is that you go to a town, and try to gather information on your target, and then plan a way to strike. However, that's pretty much all you do in the entire game. And believe me, it gets boring after a while. This is not a game like Fallout 3 that you can play for hours at a time and not run into repetition. You should probably take a break and do something else after each mission. Another small gripe I have is with the cutscenes. There are long sequences of dialogue between Altair and the other characters at regular intervals, in which the player can do nothing but pace around in circles like an idiot. The dialogue itself reminds me of boring conversations between the elderly, so you probably won't listen to most of it the first time. The story is actually pretty good if you learn to tolerate the long-winded cutscenes. But the voice acting is a mixed bag. I thought that it was very good, but some people might be put off by the fact that Altair speaks in an American accent. But personally, I thought it was a good decision by Ubisoft to do this, because Altair's background is mostly unknown. Some people may disagree though. However, there are several areas in which this game exceeds. The acrobatics are very fun to perform. It is an absolute blast to watch Altair run, leap and climb across the rooftops. The combat, although limited, can be fast paced and fun if you play it right. The main assassinations are brilliantly designed for the most part, although many of them have fairly long cutscenes to go with them. But like I said, this is a small problem. Assassin's Creed is an amazing game in my opinion, but it's not for everyone. I recommend it to anyone that likes good games and has a good amount of patience. Expand
  8. Mar 9, 2011
    Assassin's Creed starts out very promising, but ultimately disappoints. At first, you think you're embarking on what looks to be an engrossing, open-ended, fantastically rendered epic. Quickly, however, you realize that this adventure consists of doing the exact. same. thing. over and over and over again. Now, the same can be said about any open-ended game, to an extent. In Oblivion, Fallout, Mass Effect, etc., the missions all follow the same general arch, but they are least make the missions look and feel different. In Assassin's Creed, there is literally no variation in the actual tasks you have to accomplish in order to complete each mission. If you've done one mission, you've done them all. The game does have some fun elements, to be sure. Stealth kills never get old, nor do Leaps of Faith. But you simply can't play the game for extended periods of time without feeling like you're treading water, even if you're making significant progress. It gets boring fairly quickly, unless you are an achievement-driven completionist who lives for scouring every inch of the a game world for obscure and hidden objects. Expand
  9. May 9, 2011
    I was so looking forward to this game.Interesting lead character & setting,Good graphics,Mingling with the crowds,& Prince of Persia style free running.. What a disappointment though.. The more i saw of the game before release,the more i could sense something wasnt right with it.The odd targetting system,& the Matrix style glitch effects.My fears were all confirmed from what i heard when the game was released.The game wasnt set during the crusades at all! No,the developers felt the need to create this whole pretentious,self satisfying concept that your playing this character 'Desmond'?! in the near future,& your plugged intoi this machine that lets you access 'memories' that are in your head,due to you being their ancestor.I'm sorry? what!!? one word.Why? The developers are trying to be too clever for they're own good i think,but all that nonsense seems so unnesassary & pointless.All it serves to do,is distance yourself from the historical setting,as your not actually in it,but re-living it.I was so disgusted by this design decision with the game,that i didnt buy it for the longest time,& when i did,it was only because i was able to pick it up next to nothing second hand.& even then,because the combat system & setting interested me.But even then,i just couldnt get past the whole ridiculus Animus/Desmond concept.It just bought the whole experience literally down..& i cant believe they're still including it in subsuquent titles.Even if i was able to get past that aspect,i was suprised to find that the game was totally repetitive,doing exactly the same things literally over & over & over again.. Great Combat mechanics(one of the best i've seen in fact,which is why i didnt rate it lower),Shame about the game(& Desmond)! Expand
  10. Nov 20, 2011
    Assassin's Creed is one of my favourite franchises of all time, but the first one was probably the worst in the series. Whilst the story and characters were very imaginative and original, the missions were very dull and repetitive, and so my main objectives in the game were to view the amazing scenery created by Ubisoft. However, the introduction of the free running style game-play was very good and therefore attracted me to begin following the sequel, as it could only improve from here. Expand
  11. Jan 16, 2013
    Assassins Creed is a third person adventure game that can be most closely compared to 'The Prince of Persia' trilogy minus the rewinding of time and with more focus on combat. Despite being released in 2007 it still stands up to any title on the XBox360 in terms of graphics and the controls are very well designed with acrobatic moves and combat easy to pick up.

The game itself is split
    into chapters, each tasking you with eliminating a given target. Before you can do this however you must complete one of three basic mission types to gather info on their location and any potential weaknesses. Unfortunately however the gameplay changes very little from the first mission to the last and with a playing time of around 15 hours it becomes rather repetitive. When you find yourself rescuing a citizen being picked on by guards for the 30th time it is easy to lose interest, particular since the storyline is not particularly strong.

For less than a tenner I would certainly recommend 'Assassins Creed' although you may find it difficult to play the game all the way to the end.
  12. Nov 17, 2011
    I understand that this is the first game in the series, and haven't played the other ones. But this game feels more like a demo than a finished product. Repetitive missions, confusing story, lack of content other than hundreds of flags (collectibles). Combat is repetitive too. Even if you don't abuse counter-hitting, it's still boring. The initial concept isn't bad though, but I'd avoid this game when you can buy the later ones, which are apparently better. As an experience though, this was actually better than, say, Batman Arkham Asylum despite being released 2 years easrlier and being worse in every possible way. The soundtrack, composed by Jesper Kyd- is outstanding as it is with Hitman games. Overall the game's strong points are that it isn't broken or frustrating in any way but the collectibles and missions aren't varied enough. Expand
  13. Nov 8, 2011
    Many people love this franchise but I must be completely honest. Rarely have I been so bored by a game in my life. I played for a couple hours, marveled at its beauty, then put it away. While that may seem unfair for a review, if a $60 game can't keep my attention for for more than 2 hours I find that equally unfair.
  14. Dec 29, 2011
    This game gets 1 point for stunning graphics it is without a doubt the most boring game I've ever played being so repetitive i couldn't finish it because i was afraid of suicide never got to the second one because i would want to understand the story F*** Assassin's Creed
  15. Jan 6, 2013
    The first few hours our alright in this game then it send you to do the exact same thing over and over and over again. You can save civilians and climb towers for bars of health, but after you max it out it becomes pointless to do. Sorry but I forced myself to complete this and after completing it, its one of the most boring games I have played in my entire life. Assassin's Creed 2.0/10
  16. Jul 18, 2013
    Assassin's Creed is a beautifully detailed, smooth operating, engrossing game that suffers from one glaring fault, repetition. The number of times you must save a harassed citizen is a product of a design team that had to work on all kinds of function and scenery, and than had little time left over to fill the game with missions. The other annoyance to a game that is supposed to favor stealth and assassin techniques is the constant large scale unavoidable fights the later assassinations produce. I'm sorry, my character is the worst assassin ever if he constantly just walks into a crowd of soldiers.
    Great game mechanics and wonderful detailing largely overcome second rate missions.
  17. May 27, 2012
    I wanted to like this game, but it was a pretty bad game. So repetitive and boring. I beat it just to see it to the end, but i wish i didnt :( thats how bad it was. Great graphics cant save a game i guess.
  18. Aug 15, 2013
    The gameplay mechanics were great and one of the first examples of fluid free running mechanics. The world was a glorious scale and detail however the game was hindered by one of the most cripplingly linear and repetitive storylines. It's redeeming grace is it paved the way for some truly breathtaking sequels.
  19. Aug 15, 2010
    Assassin's Creed is a great game and a must have any action/adventure gamer. Pros:

Exploration: One of the highlights of the game is exploration. You can go anywhere, climb any building and ride a horse in any feild. In between locations is huge country and mountain side for you to explore or wreck havoc. The citites are huge and very enjoyable to search the place for nook and cranny.

Gameplay: The gameplay is very cool. There are no levels just assassination contracts. You could do them stealthly or all out swords.

Grpahics: Graphics make use of the X-Box egine and is very detailed. The cities don't look generic but has a style of their own. Voice Acting/Plot: The voice acting is great and the plot is straight thriller satutes giving twist and turns.

Cons:

Combat: While the combat is very cool, you only get three different kind weapons. The Hidden Blade, a sword and a small dagger. Each weapon has a unique set of moves but their the same for the enitre game. Never improving and no unlockables.

Weapons: There is no weapons system no upgrades for weapons except for damage. It would be cool to get other weapons.

Minor Tecnical Glitches: There minor ones, when Altair goes on the view points his cape goes through the floorboards. Enemy AI can get stupid sometimes and you can lose them sometimes too quickly.

Overall Consensus: AC's combat system is reaptive but it still provide thrills and a good refreshing entry into the action genre. 90%
  20. Apr 22, 2011
    I really enjoyed this game; the ability to climb on nearly every building in several city and rural locations is both a brilliant idea and extremely well executed. The graphics are very impressive, especially when you look over the city from a viewpoint, and I found the story to be interesting to the end, with the sci-fi twist that I was not expecting. The gameplay is fun too, despite a lack in variation of missions, the fun you can get just sneaking around stealth killing guards and civilians is unmatched by any other game, and there are tons of collectibles to found from viewpoints, to flags, to templars to assassinate. If you haven't had a go at the AC series yet, I recommend you play this one. Expand
  21. Oct 8, 2010
    Somewhat repetitive game play and missions, but the visuals and imaginative story line make for an enjoyable experience. The flag collecting felt dated, but makes for some each gamerscore accumulation
  22. Oct 19, 2010
    lets start off with the PRO's- Graphics are very detailed, and luxurious. Sound is also good, when u hear the clanking of your sword hit the other guys sword or the crunch when you shove your sword in someone's shoulder gives you a feeling of satisfaction and that u kick ass. Story is amazing! its a really interesting plot involving the templars and how they've affected society then and thru history, including the assassin's who are the "good" guys who are trying to stop the templars. It gets deeper, but i don't want to ruin it for you. Also the setting is amazing! the detail that goes into the architecture is quite stunning, and there are three cities that the assassinations take place (Acre, Jerusalem and Damascus). CONS:( it can be very slow sometimes, it takes a measure of patience to play this game. What makes it slow is that you have to ride everywhere, walk (or climb) around the huge cities to get somewhere. another con is that even tho the detail that went into making the cities is amazing, its bland. What i mean is, is there is not a lot of color, for instance Acre is a cool, dark medieval city, and thats it. the weather is always overcast, then Damascus is like a desert town full of browns and oranges for coloring. Also i wish they would have put in weather affects, its an open world and i would have liked at least a night and day cycle. Another thing i wish was just a bit different is combat, now its satisfying when you counterattack and shove your sword thru someone's gut, but its slow attacking first is like hitting with the slowest attack you can throw at him, quite annoying after awhile. I give it an 8.2 out of 10. For stunning visuals and sound+
    Amazing story+
    Drags on during some parts-
    Combat is slow, but counterattacks are nice-
  23. Mar 14, 2011
    Ubisoft has created another unique game, the graphics do show a little age now but it's easy to see that it was at the top of the visual pile when it came out, and the sound is great, the controls are great but do take some getting used too, and the story will suck you and will have you trying to go through all the dialog with Lucy and looking for other secrets to find out what's going on, but the problems with this is that it gets extremely repetitive, the combat isn't much fun, and the plat-forming borrows from Ubisoft's other game series Prince of Persia but is no where near as fun, if your looking for a unique game that has a fantastic story look no further but keep in mind it gets really boring at times. Expand
  24. Jun 28, 2012
    I picked this game up 2012 and i wasn't expecting it to be anything special. Once i started playing it and realized it came out in 2007 i was blown away, the smoothness of movement, interesting plot in "present." The game was flawed in many ways, the combat got very repetitive, the information mission were pretty repetituos and the random detections by the soldiers were really annoying.

What AC did right was capture annoying beggars and the "disturbed" though the beggars sometimes shoved you and therefore soldiers would detect you. The smoothness of movement was really great, you really didn't jump where you didn't want to, which is much better than as example in Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands. You also have to give credit to the player involvement in cut scenes/dialogue, the player was rarely cut off from the game watching a cut scene, instead what they added was a "memory error" a little interactive camera angle switch which kept the player aware. The only place where i felt the player was stripped of his control was finishers, i would have loved to actually get to press each move myself and not watch my guy just roll a certain animation in a canned film manner.

Overall, AC was a entertaining package with its repetitiveness and solid game play.
  25. Mar 1, 2011
    1. lets start off with the PRO's- Graphics are very detailed, and luxurious. Sound is also good, when u hear the clanking of your sword hit the other guys sword or the crunch when you shove your sword in someone's shoulder gives you a feeling of satisfaction and that u kick ass. Story is amazing! its a really interesting plot involving the templars and how they've affected society
    then and thru history, including the assassin's who are the "good" guys who are trying to stop the templars. It gets deeper, but i don't want to ruin it for you. Also the setting is amazing! the detail that goes into the architecture is quite stunning, and there are three cities that the assassinations take place (Acre, Jerusalem and Damascus). CONS:( it can be very slow sometimes, it takes a measure of patience to play this game. What makes it slow is that you have to ride everywhere, walk (or climb) around the huge cities to get somewhere. another con is that even tho the detail that went into making the cities is amazing, its bland. What i mean is, is there is not a lot of color, for instance Acre is a cool, dark medieval city, and thats it. the weather is always overcast, then Damascus is like a desert town full of browns and oranges for coloring. Also i wish they would have put in weather affects, its an open world and i would have liked at least a night and day cycle. Another thing i wish was just a bit different is combat, now its satisfying when you counterattack and shove your sword thru someone's gut, but its slow attacking first is like hitting with the slowest attack you can throw at him, quite annoying after awhile. I give it an 8.2 out of 10. For stunning visuals and sound+ Amazing story+ Drags on during some parts- Combat is slow, but counterattacks are nice- Expand
  26. Apr 1, 2011
    I loved the story and it played so well. It's kinda of a little bit too easy though. The original does not compare to AC: Brotherhood, but it might be better than AC2.
  27. Jul 9, 2012
    I had long dreamed of having an Assassin Creed's game, but it was only until now that I had a chance to buy one. I decided to start from the first one and here I am doing a review, consisting of my thoughts about half-way into the game.

Gameplay is great all-around, but the fact is that it gets repetitive really quickly. Basically, for the bulk of the game, you have to go to one of the
    cities, investigate the area through pickpocketing, eavesdropping, interrogating and so on. After gaining enough info about a target, you get to kill the dude. The whole process is fun for two or three times, but becomes extremely tedious and annoying when you realise you have to do this for around 10 times for the whole game. Visiting view points and saving citizens becomes a chore and adds to the frustration. Also, the inclusion of flag-collecting serves no more than an achievement-oriented item. By the time you finish the story, there is absolutely minimal motivation in letting you replaying the game to collect the random collectables.

Story-wise, the plot starts off promisingly but similar to the gameplay, it seems to lose it's direction and sense of progression afterwards. The whole plot seems to disappear in the middle part of the game as you just hunt down targets one by one, without any sort of twist or surprise in the story. The lack of subtitles is downright weird for a game with so many cutscenes and dialogues, which not only makes people hard to follow what they're talking about, but also deters people from becoming engaged in the story.

Bearing in mind this was a 2007 game, the graphics are fantastic even when playing in the year 2012. The stunning graphics is what glues the game together, otherwise no one would be bothered to leap around the city and scale towers again and again. The views of the cities from up-top is fantastic and the kills are made to look rewarding.

In conclusion, the core gameplay is excellent with great combat and free-running mechanics. It is visually breathtaking and dialogue/sounds are decent. However, it's biggest flaw is repetitiveness. If the game was 3-hours long, this would have been rated a 9 or even 9.5, but unfortunately it is not. The lack of replayablity, along with repetitiveness, means it downgrades an excellent game into a good game.
  28. Jun 17, 2011
    Before I played Assassin's Creed i thought that it was going to be a cool game but wow they just blew me out of the water. I love so much about this game that it's difficult to even begin how amazing it is. That being said that there are a few flaws that detract from the game.
  29. Jul 26, 2012
    Though the missions get repetitive quickly, the sheer joy of stalking your target from the rooftops before sneaking in for a brutal assassination managed to keep me hooked the whole way through. The graphics are absolutely stunning, especially standing at the peak of a tower or church steeple and looking around you. Combat is deceptively simple and not hugely innovative, and it's the assassination feature that will really grab your attention. The storyline is gripping and intelligent and comes together with the rest of the features to create a hugely immersive and impressive title. Expand
  30. Aug 23, 2011
    The first installment of an amazing series. This is the game the started it all, it is a revolutionary achievement in gaming history. Assassin's Creed pulled me in and left me in awe, when I first played it four years ago. Although the graphics have improved over the series, I'll never forget that special feeling I had when I first interned the world of Assassin's Creed, beautiful.
  31. Aug 19, 2011
    The game is beautiful, but has the enormous disadvantage of feeling like a game-long string of QTEs. I didn't feel like I was in control of my character, nor did I get any satisfaction after completing anything difficult.
  32. Oct 4, 2011
    Re-Playability Value: 8
    Fun Factor: 9

Score: 8.5/10 = A
  33. Sep 17, 2011
    This is a game with both high and low points. The story is engrossing, the visuals amazing, the stealth and assassinations exciting and the free-roam parkour really outstanding. However, the one-button for all fighting aspect and the stab/kill/run away repetition for killing targets and soldiers gets really tiring very quickly until encountering soldiers and guards becomes a task more than exciting action. The investigations enable you to be able to meticulously plan out attacks on major targets, which is pretty cool and fleeing it over rooftops after is pretty sweet. Unfortunately though you can't replay this game as every encounter becomes an exact rerun of the previous, and for that, as I've said, it becomes rather boring Expand
  34. Nov 2, 2012
    An original, creative and well thought action game which is quite different to others and can also provide some challenging and fun gameplay as well.
  35. Oct 14, 2013
    The original Assassins creed is still a great game. It does pale in comparison with the sequels but laid down the groundwork and fantastic concept that the rest follow.
  36. Nov 15, 2011
    Very good game! Before this game I didn't know that I will ever like 3rd persone action games! Atmosphere in game is absolutely amazing! Story is intriguing and good! Thank you!!
  37. Nov 21, 2011
    I applaud Ubisoft for this games creativity. The story is highly entertaining and the freerunning mechanic is fun as hell. Now Altair, the main protagonist is very badass but really you just can't relate to him. The game is repetitive, and is beat by Grand Theft Auto in terms of wanting to just mess around and not progress. I love the beautiful open world but then there are the controls. They are pitiful and difficult. The sequel changed them for a reason. Expand
  38. Jan 13, 2012
    It was ok but it was insanely reptitive and actually rather shallow if you think of it. The same mission objectives for every mission, Cities look great but lack variety and looks the same, and it has no replay value. It was interesting but there are just too many flaws with it.
  39. Dec 20, 2011
    Innovation is great in this Prince of Persia spin-off, a lot of things are historically accurate and it couldn't be better, though, the missions before assassinating are really boring and the game gets a little repetitive but who cares, it's so much fun messing around in this game that can be forgiven. Despite some weaknesses Assassin's Creed stands up and makes a good game.
  40. Jan 4, 2012
    Assassin's Creed was an innovation to the gaming industry. Unfortunately, I feel that is the only drive behind this game. I will say that the graphics on the game still look incredible, especially for a game released in 2007. The story is honestly pretty good, even though Ubisoft decided to almost completely abandon Altair. Once again, Ubisoft buried the best part of the game under constant repetitive gameplay. Eavesdropping and submission in a dark corner are only going to get the game so far. You might think that the combat would be stellar as a well-trained assassin, but in truth, the combat is sub-par at best, considering altercations can sometimes take upwards of 5 minutes just to resolve. The counter also breaks the combat of the game once you master it. The replay value on this game is very low because the core gameplay is just so rehashed over and over and the only other thing to do is collect nearly a thousand flags and kill juggernauts (Templar knights). I do have to compliment Ubisoft on their surprise ending. All in all, the game looks like fun when you first hear about it, but it quickly becomes stale and the only thing pushing you through this game is to unravel the tightly wrapped plot. Expand
  41. Jan 4, 2012
    Having played this game in late 2008, I found myself excited at the prospect of stepping into the robes of a true Assassin named Altair. However, when I began the game, I was surprised to find that it was not a purely-historical game. Instead, there were strong science-fiction ties that had to do with memories of ancestor, and this only made it harder to put down. Of course, I was wholly inexperienced with the gameplay, causing my death many times during my first playthrough, but it hadn't detracted from the experience in the least. It became so natural that I was ending fights with only the hidden blade equipped. However, during the first three-quarters of the game, I realized how much I disliked Altair and how far he was away from I behaved. Becoming a Master Assassin early in life, he grew arrogant and selfish, but changed after killing another who was like him; who killed others just because he could. And so he transformed into one of my favorite characters.

The single-funnest feature in the game for me was the act of parkour and free-running, which allowed Altair to scale buildings without much effort and travel the city in half the time it would take others. But it came at a cost; there were several instances that I was killed from the accidental turn of the camera because it was so sensitive. In addition to this, the second time I played, it was quite noticeable that the mission structure was (to use a common word) "repetitive", but I continued to play with vigor. Each assassination was actually unique in and of itself, so much that I ignored the like-mindedness of the structure. For a game series in its first outing, the game created my hunger for the rest of the games and even though it is not perfect, it is a great example of what can happen if you try new IPs.
  42. Jun 7, 2013
    I scored this a 7>

The reason I did so was because AC 1 is probably one of the single most frustrating gaming experiences I have ever had. And you probably all know why.

The storyline is excellent, and the universe built by AC1 is extremely interesting but the game play... is not good. While "making sense" in terms of who Altair was (being that he was the rogue type assassin who was
    so good he was never caught, never got into fights with guards, and never killed innocents) it was nonetheless exceedingly frustrating to play.

It was nothing less than an exercise in frustration and suffering because of how precise the game demands you be when moving.

Definitely buy, if you haven't already. But be prepared to play this game in a number of short bursts.
  43. Mar 20, 2012
    This game has both positives and negatives, but overall it left me wishing it could have been more. The positives? Awesome stream of movement. It can be very gratifying to lunge from rooftop to rooftop, to parkour rush through crowded streets, and to use ninja-like abilities to scale buildings and traverse cities. In the earlier stages, combat is fluid and exciting, but quickly fades into a frustratingly benign experience that had me going through the motions to just get it over with, or to view some of the cool finishers. Unfortunately, where it thrives in some gameplay choices, it lacks in keeping things fresh. I found within an hour or two that everything had a wash-rinse-repeat style. One mark didnt weight differently from the next because of such similarities in process of hunting him down. Overall, it didnt stick with me. I had to motivate myself to keep going forward with the game, rather than the game itself motivating me to continue on. I would say it is worth a rent to get some of the experiences associated with original game mechanics, but in no way does it justify a purchase. Expand
  44. Jun 16, 2012
    I wish it has subtitle because i'm not good at English. I had to go to Assassin's Creed for more information about the story line after i finished the game. The battle are quite fun, i enjoyed it when many guards surrounded me. They should show the scene of story as a film. It would be much better and less boring for those who want to know about the story.
  45. Cuz
    Jul 30, 2012
    Just now playing this for the first time because of a Steam sale on the series. This is a half-hearted console port but playing with an XBOX controller made it work. The graphics look great given the age of the game and I really enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the cities. It does get repetitive so not really something you want to sit down and play for hours. I played it over a few weeks just getting in a mission here and there, about 20 hours of total gameplay not finding every flag. I'm giving it an 8 for the quality of the world and story, I very much enjoyed it in spite of the flaws. Expand
  46. Jul 11, 2013
    not as good as ac2 and brotherhood but awesome. Things it had trouble with is a lot of repetiveness in missions and little trouble with the fight mechanics but altogether the game play was really great (love free running). Would've loved to see more customization of the character but at same time felt right in certain ways (felt more serious and less video gamey) Loved the sound and story that leads to an epic ending where you feel Altaiir is the freaken man. Expand
  47. Sep 22, 2012
    Assassin's Creed is truly a wonderful game. The visuals are gorgeous, (except the people--I'll get to that later), the cities teem with life and the ending will shock you to the core.

However, the people are poorly done, or maybe it's just my PC. Their legs show through their robes when they walk, and their index and middle, ring and pinkie fingers are stuck together, making them look
    like aliens. It's also rather formulaic, with you completing the same types of things (flag challenges, stealth assassinations, stall destroying) over and over in different circumstances.

It's great fun to just mess around, though. You don't have to follow the story after a certain point--you can just mess around and kill civilians if you so chose. Seriously, buy this game. You'll love it.
  48. Nov 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game, the first in a line of greats, gave a great beginning to the Assassin's Creed story. The actions were something at the time never were available. The game although boring at times, had a very good story line that would give the designers the ability to develop it further. Overall not a great game, just good but nonetheless still a classic. Expand
  49. Aug 8, 2012
    I loved Assassin's Creed, it was an amazing story to play through, the controls were new and a little hard to get used to, but I played it hours on end, I would definitely recommend this game, great job once again Bioware.
  50. Jan 9, 2013
    disappointed, my expectation from this game were a lot higher than this broken game. when you start out it may feel like all fun and games, but half way through and you're wondering if you're doing something wrong, your controllers broken or the game is. when you have loads of enemies chasing you, sometimes you grab on to things that you dont want and it brings you to your death. or you're climbing a high church and you hit the a button and you fall off and die. or you're surrounded by enemies and you try to fight them but the counter, hit, or grap you so you cant do anything. this game frustrated me so bad! but apart from the ass controles, the graphics are nice especially when you are doing the eagle vision. i found that very amazing. and the story was very interesting as well but left on a cliff hanger which i will not continue because of this. from a game thats from my home town, i expected better. Expand
  51. Dec 17, 2012
    This game was like a dream come true for me. A lot of people complain about it being repetitive, shallow, boring, etc. and I can understand how they can say that. However I really enjoyed the freedom of movement and beautiful scenery. It's like you're a middle ages batman! With time travel! I would've picked up the sequel on launch day if it wasn't for the DRM.
  52. Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe I shouldn't have started with the first game when considering to play through the series - the game play is pretty stiff and the voice acting/writing/overall direction is pretty mediocre. With a game relying so heavily on story it really bothers me - also, most supporting characters has voice acting is better than the game protagonist, which is in itself annoying. Aside from that the freedom and openness of the game is really the main pull here - I've gotten the advice to play later games in the series and skip the first one later (being promised they've fixed a lot of the issues I've experienced with the first game) and so I recommend this to anyone else thinking of playing through the series as well.

TL:DR - If you haven't picked up AC until now and are picky about your games, skip directly to at least game 2 in the series.
  53. Nov 15, 2012
    Primo e grandissimo capitolo di una serie adventure/stealth che sicuramente tutti conosciamo!
    La trama del gioco riesce subito a rapirti ed è accompagnata con un comparto grafico davvero raffinato e ben fatto.Per quanto riguarda il gameplay intravediamo solo il sistema di combattimenti veloci che sono possibili nei capitoli come Revelations e Brotherhood ma comunque gli scontri
    risultano godibili, invece per quando riguarda il lato stealth del gioco troviamo anche qui un buon lavoro con situazioni che richiedono un minimo di pianificazione e un'accurato studio dell'ambiente circostante.
    Per molti la più grande pecca di questo splendido gioco e la sua ripetitività nelle azioni da svolgere ma che secondo il mio parere, questa peculiarità, è stata quasi voluta dagli sviluppatori per ricreare quella atmosfera scandita da dogmi e regole che viveva la setta degli assassini in quel periodo, il che comporta lo svolgere di precise azioni più volte da parte di Altair per sottostare al credo dell'assassino.
    Inoltre Assassin's Creed è ricco di riferimenti storici che danno ancora più valore a questo gioco ricreando tutte le varie atmosfere del tempo, che forse però, non tutti sono stati in grado di apprezzare nella loro minuziosa ricostruzione e resa grafica.
    Il tutto verrà nettamente migliorato e portato ad un'altro livello nel secondo capitolo ma il primo rimane sicuramente uno dei più belli grazie anche alla sua ambientazione medievale che dona all'opera un che di mistico che riesce ad affascinare il giocatore.
  54. Jun 25, 2013
    Monotony may be a pervasive ailment of some of its letter moments, but "Assassin's Creed" does manage to successfully present a wholly gratifying stealth-action experience.
  55. Nov 7, 2013
    For when this game came out, it was a really great idea. Great visuals. A mixture of stealth and action. A taste of a rather deep and complicated story arc. But now for the bad: 1) It's repetitive as hell. 2) While the story is interesting and is meant to be a part of a larger story, it is also a bit confusing and leave too much in the shadows. 3) The Desmond section is nothing more than a plot device that feels mostly needless and underdeveloped.

Overall:
    Assassin's Creed is a decent introduction to the franchise and sets things up nicely for the future titles. Still, the game on the whole feels like ACT 1 of something grander and introduces too much information that could easily of been left for the later games. Still, it is a great game and allot of fun.
  56. Apr 4, 2013
    This game is awesome. Though people complain about its historical Inaccuracy its an amazing game and propelled the series. I suggest this game to anyone looking for a good RPG
  57. Dec 15, 2012
    Although I didn't give this game a shot until 2011, I am very glad that I did! While the graphics don't hold up that well compared to recent releases, the gameplay and story line keep you entertained and eager to keep playing. If you were to run through the story-driven missions without taking any time to sight-see or attempt side missions, it is around a 10hr game. I took my sweet time and played much longer. There are fun weapons and ways in which you can "take care" of your targets. All in all, my favorite thing about the AC franchise is free running around the city and jumping off the tops of ancient wonders. Oh yeah, the historical accuracy in AC is quite riveting. As a history buff I thoroughly enjoyed seeing much of the game's story line and characters following their destiny. Great game. Expand
  58. Feb 26, 2013
    "Assassin's Creed" is a great game in many ways. It has great world, good characters, many unique possibilities, original plot and outstanding graphics that for some time was considered the best on a console for me.
    Loving "Prince of Persia" series was a bit difficult to get into Assassin's world, although it is not a problem for me, first impression was that these games were alike. As
    any open world game "Assassin" had his problems. From time to time AI was really dumb, getting into fight meant wasting time and not getting experience, usually combat was bringing you into defense position and striking from time to time (this moment was redisegned in second game). Later on it was difficult not to get bored with story and gameplay.
    Also there were some serious bugs and designer's flaws, like sometimes enemies could hit you during a cutscene, mark on a minimap did not give enough information about the place you need to get to (spend much time realizing it was above me), destination spot could be a big mark on a map with entrance difficult to find (got stuck on my first walkthrough on PC and decided not to finish the game, replaying it on XBOX two years later I got stuck there again and had to watch walkthrough on youtube). One of the final battles, where you have to deal with many knights, was way too difficult.
    Most of side quests, that had no story, repeated themselfes. "Assassin's Creed" is a good game, that may keep you entertained only during first 3-4 hours of the game and make you bored the rest of time, wanting to see credits rolling on your screen. Don't get me wrong, Ubisoft did well starting great series, but the most polished game in "Assassin's Creed" saga would be released years later.
  59. Jun 21, 2013
    Assassin's creed is an enthralling, immersive, and incredibly atmospheric game. It's a classic for sure, but that's not to say it doesn't have its flaws. Let's talk about the good first. First off, it's very well written. It's one of those rare games that would actually make a decent movie, like Halo, or Half Life. It's world is incredibly detailed. The atmospheric music mixed with incredible visuals gives the game an almost hypnotic quality, and the climbing, free running, and fighting are all impressive. It also doesn't feel to short. A rare thing to find in games nowadays. On the other hand though, its story dips into some themes which are offensive to Christians, like myself. It can also be very repetitive. You keep having to do the same types of pre-mission missions like ease dropping, or pickpocketing. Fortunately though, the main assassinations are all varied greatly, and the game overall is so original, so fun, and so awe inspiring that it would be crazy to pass up, especially now when the price has been lowered. Expand
  60. Feb 19, 2013
    It may not present itself as a great game, it has a fair storyline to start with but has sequels that are definitely worth playing, my advice: Don't judge the Assassin's Creed series by this game alone, I gave this story a chance and I think you should too
  61. Jun 24, 2013
    Looking back at this game after playing Assassin's Creed 3, I can see why I originally loved it. In a way, the game is very arcade-like. You're given a mission to kill some guy, you research the guy, and then you kill the guy. Rinse and repeat. However, the way in which this process is executed is where things get interesting. Your targets are always harder and harder to get. While some might walk out into the open, acting like sitting ducks, others might hide away in castles, trying their best to avoid you. The simple and compelling gameplay is addictive and satisfying.
    Unlike later iterations of the Assassin's Creed franchise, the first game has a very basic plot. You play as Altair, you kill people, and you uncover various mysteries surrounding your order as you go along. It's interesting enough to keep you playing, but simple enough not to frustrate you with dumb plot points and details.
    The simplistic style and gameplay of Assassin's Creed makes it ridiculously fun to play, acting as one of the best games in the franchise.
  62. May 7, 2013
    what is the point of this game. climbing up then jumping down? it feels cool for the first time you do it, and after that just tedious, and you have to repeat it for the entire game. i only managed to finish the game once and have no idea what is the story about, the story/ ending just so confused and unclear. do not how anyone can rate this game 10 by repeating that climb up then jump down routine for hours. Expand
  63. Apr 5, 2013
    I played AC2 before playing this so the game wasn't so good to me because obviously the mechanics are more dumbed down in this but even then I found so much fun in this game and spent hours on going to ever viewpoint, collecting every flag, help every citizens, this game was so good that this game made me want to 100% complete it which no game has ever made me done before...this is a must buy in the series Expand
  64. May 25, 2013
    I first came across Assassin's Creed through Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed's spiritual successor. and when I played this game, I knew it took the prince of Persia formula and made it even better. The story for the game is half and half for me. The story of Altair is great. it manages to tie everything together, and the plot twist at the game actually surprised me a lot. Desmond's story, however, isn't that great. or good. This story is seriously not needed in every possible way, and why it was even created or affected the main storyline in the past will always be a mystery to me. The gameplay is pretty nice. the open-world roaming and combat are fun and addicting, and it definitely shows relation to Prince of Persia. though I sometimes thought Altair wasn't fast enough. his climbing felt very slow, and didn't seem to run that fast. the music in the game is decent, but isn't very memorable. the graphics for the game are great. for a game that came out almost 2 years in the 360's life span, the graphics are really nice, especially for the first in a series of games. I did notice a few issues with character models, like lip-syncing, but that was little. Something I found very enjoyable with the game was the voice acting. Altair's voice actor fits perfectly, along with characters like Al Mualim, Malik, and even Desmond. Side missions in the game are passable. some can be simple, like eavesdropping, and others can get repetitive, like killing certain targets to clear an assassin. this game also has replay elements. for example, all side missions must be completed to get a full sync in a memory sequence, or section of the game. unfortunately, that involves flag collecting, which is the worst part of the game. I'm all about having things in a game to add replay ability, but the flags are not a good way of showing it. There are hundreds and hundreds of flags to collect, and by the time I got 60 flags, I was shut off of flag collecting. Overall, Assassin's Creed is a great start to such an amazing series. the gameplay is awesome by taking elements from prince of Persia, the replay value is huge, and Altair's story is well-crafted. if you're a fan of action-adventure games, give Assassin's Creed a try. you may just end up loving it. Expand
  65. May 29, 2013
    Assassin's Creed was far from perfect. It has its fair share of glitches and whatnot. Not to mention it gets very repetitive doing the same side quests over and over and those damning beggars are always annoying. Worrying about a speed limit in the 1200's seems to be silly, but it's still something you gotta do, but looking pasts its flaws, Assassin's Creed is fun. It's fun jumping around from building to building all ninja like and despite the side missions being tedious, once you finally get to the assassination mission, it makes it very worth your time and effort. This is my favorite Assassin's Creed and I had a lot of fun playing it, however, just because I like it better doesn't mean it's better than it's sequels. I'd highly recommend it; should you get a chance to get your hands on this wonderful game. Expand
  66. Nov 20, 2013
    probably unfair of me to rate this game as I am playing it years after it was made, game overall was enjoyable but at times felt very repetitive, if you are coming late to the series as I was you could probably get away with skipping this one as 2 gives a succinct recap of the first game and is all in all a better experience.
  67. Nov 2, 2013
    Assassin's Creed is a beautiful game, and one that provides a decent story in a historical setting. The free running mechanics promised are pretty decent, if a little clunky. The problem is that the "stealth" and "assassinations" are boiled down to linear repetitive events that are frankly dull to play through.
  68. Oct 21, 2013
    assasins creed 4 is coming out so im reviewing the series
    pros:altair is the coolest guy ever, interesting premise, assassinating people is as fun as possible, open world, combat is fun enough, cool historical stuff
    cons: combat is the easiest thing ever, next to no replay value, lack of extras
  69. Jun 18, 2013
    A cool take on past events and how they could have really happened if things had been different. Assassin's Creed blends stealth and action together in a great way showing that Splinter Cell isn't the only series capable.
  70. Sep 15, 2013
    Please do not say AC reminds Thief series. It has nothing of it. There is not even 1% of the awesome gameplay and ambience that Thief had. Though I really wanted AC to be like this.

I have never played such a boring and repetitive game as AC. When the game was announced I was eager to buy and play this asap. Unfortunately after 5th or so assassination I couldn't stand and continue so
    extremely easy and repetitive game. E.g. missions like:
    1. find 200 flags of Sir John and 150 flags of King Richard (wtf???)
    or
    2. Climb 40 towers in every city (for what? to see the view from eagles nest for hundred times?)
    I have no idea who the f. designed those missions and what for!

This game is for 12yr old children who would like to be an assassin in the easiest way without any effort.
    Visuals/graphics are awesome but it's not enough, sorry. It makes me even more angry because of the spoiled potential.
  71. Sep 28, 2013
    Assassin's Creed te da una buena oportunidad de disfrutar de los lujos de un mapa bastante grande en toda su exquisita forma (animales, personas, ambientes, enemigos) y una excelente manera de crear una historia, los gráficos son medios pero es un gran paso para Ubisoft.
  72. Oct 10, 2013
    In this day and age a video game without subtitles is like a building without wheelchair access. Throw in stealth components designed for impatient hyperactive teens and you have a miserable game masquerading itself as a game that is really just a glorified movie with a mediocre plot.
  73. Oct 10, 2013
    I played all the other versions of Assassin's Creed, and although I would probably say that this is my least favorite part of the franchise, it is still a very entertaining game. Initially I found it quite hard to get into the game, even taking a long break before I attempted another effort to continue. Slowly I started to enjoy the game more and more. Simply put, it is fun to climb and sneak around in the historical versions of Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus and this game was the first one that allowed me to do so in such an easy and intuitively way. I liked doing the assassination missions, although the side quests leading up to these (eavesdropping, finding view points, etc) become very repetitive at some point. This repetitive mission structure and the weird story are the main weaknesses of a game, that is otherwise quite worth a go. Expand
  74. Oct 27, 2013
    it's an great open world game in the time it was released,the problem of the game is that isn't secondary missions and if you finish the game there is pratically anything to do unless take collectibles.
  75. Oct 18, 2013
    This game is so boring
    altair is one the worst character of videogames
    the gameplay wasn original. i saw it in prince of persia
    it had one the worst ending of ever
    the story is so undeep and dry
    it hasnt passion or emotional characters
    its a stupid game. i hate it
  76. Oct 19, 2013
    Find some evidence, assassinate some guy, return to Masyaf. Repeat ad infinitum.

Assassin'ss Creed is a good concept ruined by monotonous repetitiveness and shoddy A.I.
  77. Jul 2, 2014
    This game broke new ground at its release and was further improved upon by assassins creed 2. However it took me years to beat because i'd get bored by it, come back, and not know what was going on. I did find the game to be of high value overall, but I would give it a 7 out of 10 for being a great title, but not one I'd see myself coming back to a second time.
  78. Nov 23, 2013
    This is a game that laid groundwork for the rest rather than being the best. You are taken into the story of Altair, an assassin in the Third Crusade trying to earn back his rank by killing nine Templars for the leader of the bureau, Al Mualim. It is a great concept and the concept is why the series has lasted for years. The voice acting is pretty good (but no subtitles) and I was never bothered by the gameplay. But, the assassinations get extremely repetitive and is the biggest offender of my belief that Assassin's Creed isn't really a fun series. The game gets boring after a while and is probably the most difficult of the series. All in all it is pretty mediocre besides graphics which in 2007 were astonishing. Still this was the game that had "blending" and the game that the main character had a different accent than everybody else. As much as I'm giving it hate, I believe it's worth a playthrough (it's not long) and is a fair introduction to the series which develops so far past this. Expand
  79. Nov 27, 2013
    THEY NEED to remaster this on xbox one and get rid of the repetitiveness out of this game re do the missions but keep the story change the combat and free running to
    ac brotherhood and free running and story as impressive and fast paced as 2 and with actual knights Templars with the famous red cross across their chests like they was in this game the knights templar was one of the most
    feared knights they was the highest skilled and never surrendered not even if they was greater numbers facing them they also defeated an army when the odds was like 4 to 1 against the templars they was also the best and most skilled fighters yet in assassins creed you never see this Expand
  80. Jan 18, 2014
    There are some really good ideas in this game expressed in a very well designed environments with solid gameplay, the movement has an excellent flow to it, the combat and stealth also blend together perfectly. If you have looked at other reviews there is a big problem with repetitiveness and boring drawn out pointless donkey rides. Overall the game is a little let down by it's own ambition and is really hoping you buy into the franchise to find out what the **** is going on with future Desmond but this is a great game, especially for people who like the concept of playing a game as an assassin ninja, which all gamers should. Expand
  81. Feb 24, 2014
    The game looked very nice and the story was appealing. But the gameplay just wasn't for me. I think I just expected something else from the game. It seems smooth, made with a lot of care and perfectionism, but it just wasn't for me. I gave up after 5 or 6 hours.
  82. Mar 2, 2014
    Pros:
    Good story.
    Good graphics.
    Nice swordplay.
    Great protagonist.

Cons:
    Not really open.
    No side missions.
    Climbing is too slow.
    Too easy.
    Desmond sections are pretty boring
  83. Apr 9, 2014
    Apesar de ter uma influência do Prince of Persia, a jogabilidade do Assassin's Creed é bastante limitada, a maioria dos movimentos é realizada quase automaticamente e você praticamente só tem a função de acompanhar o que se pede, já que os objetivos já ficam todos bem explícitos. Não há muito o que fazer em relação a liberdade que o jogador poderia ter, uma vez que o jogo em sí é um flashback, então basta seguir a história e nada mais. Em poucas palavras: é uma Visual Novel com belos gráficos. Expand
  84. May 9, 2014
    Released in 2007 and developed by Ubisoft Montreal, Assassin's Creed provides a fun adventure that is sure to stick in the minds of those who play it for years to come. It certainly has its share of faults, but with a detailed open world and satisfying open-ended gameplay, Assassin's Creed is an instant classic.

Assassin's Creedis a game that avid open-world sandbox fans will find
    enjoyment in, and it has quite a bit to offer. It has a likable and well paced historical story, marvelous cities and art design, satisfying assassination missions, and a fitting soundtrack. It is unfortunate that it is marred by a very repetitive gameplay design, a one-dimensional modern-story, and that the side-activities are pointless and mundane. Assassin's Creed is a good game that has a lot of potential, but it has a lot to determine about itself before it can be something truly amazing.

The Positive
    ___________

+ Likable historical story

+ Gratifying assassination missions

+ Remarkable cities and art design

+ Fitting soundtrack

The Negative
    ____________

- Painfully repetitious gameplay

- A flimsy modern-day story

- Mundane side-activities
  85. Jun 18, 2014
    Jerusalem, 1911 AD, in the time of the Third Crusaders. The streets sparkle with action, but within seconds you, the feared assassin (Altair), will change all this.

You play as a man called Altair living in a very futuristic world, and you have tried to forget your past but someday a couple of people bring you to this machine called the Animus...that forces you to reenact all your past
    days as an assassin...then the game begins.

Personally i loved the way the creators of Assassin's Creed mingled history and science fiction together. As a first impression, in the first hour or so, the graphics and the gameplay was all i could think of for the couple of hours after switching the Xbox off. I got to say, the graphics are intense...i have never seen so much dedication to graphics before - it would seem just like you are watching a scene in a movie where the protagonist is walking through a very crowded area. I know it's hard to say...but the graphics are even better than GoW and GTA IV. Even if you look at a pot ona shelve or something you can see the same texture as you would with a real pot.

At first you don't have many weapons and skills to fight and defend yourself but as the game wears on, you increase dramatically with your skill - in the game with the swords and your skill with the buttons on your controller. The storyline is also quite interesting because in each level you can do a number of things to choose your personality in the game. You can be a pickpocket, you can help helpless citizens, be violent and kill all the guards or be stealthy and try and avoid them - or even you can do all of these. But each level as a certain assassination that the masters give you and you have to find information throughout the level about this person...then kill him. All this seems so interesting but finish a couple of levels and kill hundreds of guards the storyline gets a little repetitive and boring...destroying the excitement of killing people.

There is one thing in the game that I will never get tired of and that is while fighting off a large group of guards. What I love doing is holding my dagger in defense and then pressing 'X' to counter attack the guard. If you do that at a certain time, Altair will eliminate the guard in a very smooth and swift way...and there are many smooth and swift ways. Then, when the dagger goes through the body of the guard blood gushes out and increases the intensity of the graphics.

The sound effects are also pretty impressive and exciting. The sound changes according to you status in the game, if you are unnoticed the sound will be cool, but if you are being chased by a large group of guards that music will change to something more drastic and fast. Then to loose that large group of guards you will have to hide in a haystack or a little box thingy with curtains...if you are hiding the music will change into a heart beat rhythm. Then again, it gets repetitive as you go further into the game.

At many points in the game, the map doesn't show you objective and what you have to do next then it gets quite difficult to go on because the cities are really big. This gets really frustrating and you feel like quitting...but then after hours of search you might be able to find your objective. Also, the achievements are pretty hard to get.

The cutscenes are also very cool and unique. They are unique because in the cutscenes of Assassin's Creed you can move around and change the camera views when there is a "glitch" in the game. (People who have played this game will know why I put "" around glitch).

Lastly, my favorite thing about thing about this game is that you can climb up call building and synchronize with the city. The way the game shows the city when you synchronize with it is beautiful and very clever...i loved it. I also enjoyed climbing and jumping from building to building. Though the climbing can get pretty annoying because you have to be perfectly in line with the thing you are going to use next to climb with.

Graphics = 9.5/10
    Storyline = 7/10
    Sound Effects = 8/10

OVERALL = 8/10

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
    It's hard to put the sheer size and brilliance of Assassin's Creed into words. It is an epic game that you have to experience for yourself. I will caution that the game is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. While you can plow through the main storyline in under 20 hours, to truly get every single last shred of gaming goodness, you will probably have to put in twice that number.
  3. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.