7.7

1. May 9, 2012
    Love this little 2D DOTA gem that came out of nowhere. If you loved Monday Night Combat, this is just as fun. The game is great overall, but I hope there will be continuing updates that deal with some balancing issues, as well as adding new characters and levels. This is the most fun I've had playing competitive multiplayer in a while.
  2. Jul 17, 2012
    "Awesomenauts"? Sounds like a cheesy game title. But the game? Not cheesy at all! This MOBA from Ronimo Games is truly a hidden gem. The graphics are colorful and burst out at you, which is kinda awesome! The characters are balanced, and feel like the attacks have a lot of oomph to them! By characters being balanced, I mean COMPLETELY balanced! The gameplay is fun and addictive, you will"Awesomenauts"? Sounds like a cheesy game title. But the game? Not cheesy at all! This MOBA from Ronimo Games is truly a hidden gem. The graphics are colorful and burst out at you, which is kinda awesome! The characters are balanced, and feel like the attacks have a lot of oomph to them! By characters being balanced, I mean COMPLETELY balanced! The gameplay is fun and addictive, you will be playing it so much it will feel like a bad habit! Ronimo has only made 2 games I believe, this being my favorite and others too! Get it. It feels like a full budget game your playing, but, your not! Expand
  3. May 9, 2012
    There's no doubt about it; Awesomenauts is truely awesome. As a true MOBA noob, I had different expectations of the playing style, but after a couple of minutes in the game, I loved everything about it. Everything is just right: the setting, the beautiful 2D graphics, the amount of detail, the way characters are perfectly thought out, the music and the best part the epic theme song. GiveThere's no doubt about it; Awesomenauts is truely awesome. As a true MOBA noob, I had different expectations of the playing style, but after a couple of minutes in the game, I loved everything about it. Everything is just right: the setting, the beautiful 2D graphics, the amount of detail, the way characters are perfectly thought out, the music and the best part the epic theme song. Give the demo a try if you're not convinced, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  4. Aug 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. MAN this game is so awesome. Awesomenauts essentially takes place in a cartoony universe where two robot armies are stuck in a stalemate and the only group that can break it are the greatest mercenaries in the universe: The Awesomenauts. The game is a multiplayer 3v3 DOTA-style game where you break the enemy turrets until you can reach their main fortifications and then destroy it to win the game. It is drop-in drop-out and works very well as you can find a game very quickly and should anyone leave they are replaced by a surprisingly intelligent bot until a new player is found. If you enter a game in progress you get a certain bonus to Solar (The currency) so you can catch up in upgrades. It works brilliantly and is very well balanced so that joining players aren't given too little or too much solar depending on how far into the game session you are. The graphics and feel of the game in general is very cartoony and in many cases just plain hilarious. The game is very stylised and the music fits the game perfectly, in both being sci-fi and cartoony. Special mention goes to the opening theme of the game, which sounds like an opening of a 90's cartoon show. Simply epic. The characters are all distinct in appearance, personality and abilities, and can be customized with a loadout before the game to suit your playstyle. Lonestar is a sheriff who's a bit nuts for explosives, and is a ranged attacker, Leon is a French lizard-man who uses cloaking and his tongue snatch abilities to snare and surprise players and is a freakin' boss in my opinion. Next is Voltar, an alien genius (Who wants more technologeeee!) and healer who plays a more supportive role. You have Froggy G, who is a rapper frog (Obviously) that uses water melee and short-ranged attacks to deal damage. Then you have Clunk, a giant robot who plays the tank role and can use self-destruct to damage himself and blow up everything around him. Lastly, but not least(ly), you have Derpl, another tank character that is a tiny alien operating a huge machine and if set up in the proper place can really just skewer everyone who directly confronts him. There are only 3 maps, but they are very well-designed, and one even affects the gravity and physics, something you don't normally see in these types of games, so props to the developers there for taking that risk and pulling it off successfully. My only gripe about this game other than there only being 3 maps as of current (It could well change, but it is quite a small number upon the initial release), is that Clunk is a bit overpowered just because of the sheer amount of health he has. It's a bit too much considering the power of his attacks. They may want to tone him down a little. In conclusion, this is a must-buy for 800MP and I hear new character packs are being released for free, which is just plain, and excuse the pun, awesomeness from the developers! Whether you're a casual player or hardcore, whether you play in a party or play MP solo, you will love this game, especially fans of DOTA-style games. If you haven't picked this up yet, now's a good time to go get it! Expand
  5. Oct 10, 2012
    A very fun little game, especially for the price. I also appreciate the local multiplayer support, which is rare in modern games. Definitely take a look at the demo, even if you haven't played a MOBA before. Unfortunately their publisher has hit a rough spot, so support for this game might be lacking on Xbox while the PC continues to get new characters and balance updates. Hope they sortA very fun little game, especially for the price. I also appreciate the local multiplayer support, which is rare in modern games. Definitely take a look at the demo, even if you haven't played a MOBA before. Unfortunately their publisher has hit a rough spot, so support for this game might be lacking on Xbox while the PC continues to get new characters and balance updates. Hope they sort that out. Still a good game as-is though. Expand
  6. May 13, 2012
    This 2D platform MOBA features wonderful graphics, cool short term game-play, and deep long term strategy. A must have for anyone who likes to play split-screen games with (up to 2) friends.
  7. May 28, 2012
    This game is summed up on one word. Potential. As a MOBA, it is creative, nuanced, and has a very fresh appeal. We always ask for evolution for current memes and Awesomenauts delivers just that. Its deep, requires patience and strategy, yet is more forgiving then traditional MOBA's. Comeback wins are possible with a few quick kill streaks on over zealous torrent attackers. If the developerThis game is summed up on one word. Potential. As a MOBA, it is creative, nuanced, and has a very fresh appeal. We always ask for evolution for current memes and Awesomenauts delivers just that. Its deep, requires patience and strategy, yet is more forgiving then traditional MOBA's. Comeback wins are possible with a few quick kill streaks on over zealous torrent attackers. If the developer plays this right, they could have a substantial space on the marketplace delivering new characters, maps, etc as micro transactions. Great start to what could (I hope) by a long running cult hit. Give it time.. Expand
  8. Aug 5, 2012
    amazing game for 10 dollars i am very satisfied i have not enjoyed a moba until this game. the classes are very balanced, the game is very noob friendly and easy to pick up, playing practice mode levels you up at the same rate as on-line mode and is great for ... well practising new characters I bought the game on steam and it's frame rate is perfect it's less then a giga byte and has noamazing game for 10 dollars i am very satisfied i have not enjoyed a moba until this game. the classes are very balanced, the game is very noob friendly and easy to pick up, playing practice mode levels you up at the same rate as on-line mode and is great for ... well practising new characters I bought the game on steam and it's frame rate is perfect it's less then a giga byte and has no dlc or in game store its 10 dollars and no additional fees, I highly recommend this game Expand
  9. May 11, 2012
    Awesomenauts is basically Smash Bros without the brand labeling and a stage objective added. That's not really a bad thing, but it's an apt way to describe the general feel of the game. The gameplay is fairly smooth, the music is great and the characters and sets are colorful and lively.

The big failing that I've had in the game so far is the disconnect between new players and higher level players. Coming into Awesomenauts was very frustrating, mainly being owned by characters and powers you don't have access to, which single-handedly makes it difficult to move up the ladder at all. My first few games were spent getting one-shot, humiliated and generally not having a great time.

I did start to get the hang of the game after a few rounds, and particularly after I unlocked the loadout, but every game I played was a one-sided fist fight. A few balancing issues and this game could really be a lot of fun.

1. Jun 15, 2012
    Awesomenauts manages to live up to its name by providing a fun and awesome experience to those who enjoy team-based play. The presentation, from the graphics to the sound, may be lighthearted, but the action is intense as the constant back-and-forth between teams keeps players on their toes.
  2. Jun 1, 2012
    Awesomenauts isn't really a bad game. It's well built, holds promise for additional content and serves as a good primer to the MOBA genre. Unfortunately, the lack of players kills the product.
  3. May 31, 2012
    It certainly gives a great deal in the first few hours. Though it's repetitive, the mechanics are solid and the concept itself works fantastically.