7.7

1. Dec 23, 2014
    Another entry into the MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) genre popular on PC Awesomenauts’ see’s two teams of three online players competing against each other with the ultimate aim of destroying the oppositions base.

I’ve never played a MOBA game before so can’t make any comparisons to similar titles but I found myself getting bored of Awesomenauts’ very quickly. The gameplay itself is far too simplistic and repetitive involving an endless cycle of battling your opponents (and hopefully killing a few) before inevitably dying, using XP gained to level and returning to battle. Games last twenty minutes or so but quickly become nothing more than wars of attrition.

Add to this a small roster of characters and even smaller selection of maps and it’s hard to recommend this XBLA title.

1. Jun 15, 2012
    Awesomenauts manages to live up to its name by providing a fun and awesome experience to those who enjoy team-based play. The presentation, from the graphics to the sound, may be lighthearted, but the action is intense as the constant back-and-forth between teams keeps players on their toes.
  2. Jun 1, 2012
    Awesomenauts isn't really a bad game. It's well built, holds promise for additional content and serves as a good primer to the MOBA genre. Unfortunately, the lack of players kills the product.
  3. May 31, 2012
    It certainly gives a great deal in the first few hours. Though it's repetitive, the mechanics are solid and the concept itself works fantastically.