7.0

1. Oct 31, 2012
    Seeing how beautiful the game world looks but being unable to platform in it and having to build stupid vehicles breaks my heart. It could of been an AMAZING platformer.
  2. Aug 30, 2012
    This game got score 79 for what it this game not good game i mean racing flying making cars and plane meh what the point.....

Oh yes i am banjo kazooie fan only first 2 where best ones i said nuts and bolt game i said why not got it free with xbox but when i stuck it on i was so disappoint this not like first 2 pathetic of course u cant die which stupid
  3. Mar 16, 2012
    Well I can say that Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts was a little bit of a disappointment to me since i was longing for a platformer type game. However since I researched and still bought it when it came out day one. I knew what it was going to be like... So I reviewed it for what it was... a mash up between a spin off game (aka mario kart ODST etc) and the continuation of where BT left off... The overall feel of the game was really refreshing it was kinda like playing BK mixed with Diddy kong Racing, and Legos. Which all in all was a real blast to me. While it might not appease some of the die hard bk fans that were hoping for a platformer... it still is a very good game Expand
  4. Sep 19, 2011
    Hands down, my favorite game on the Xbox 360 so far. Gears 3 comes out tomorrow so I don't know how long that will last. Vehicle creation is absolutely fantastic. It is insanely easy to use, but that doesn't mean you can't make whatever you can imagine. The missions get a little repetitive, but that is overshadowed by the absolutely stunning visuals and witty banter between the characters. This is a super fantastic game that seems to have a love-hate relationship with the public. I am definitely on the side of love. Expand
  5. Dec 28, 2011
    This game is so fun! :D Incredible graphics and funny dialogue. Very nice customization options when building vehicles. Spent 100+ hours on this game... buy it!
  6. Feb 23, 2014
    Weird controls. The start of this game MAKES FUN OF ITS FANS FOR WANTING A GAME LIKE THE GOOD OLD ONES. This game was only made because of the new engine rare got allowing them to use karting. This game is a sign of how **** rare became after Microshat bought them out. And don't think the stiff controlled boat multiplayer will revive this steaming pile of crap, because it doesn't.
  7. Sep 11, 2011
    Sorry folks , I think the new Banjo-Kazooie really didn't grabbed my attention. It was, boring, plain boring nothing special to the concept. While its really nice , and have a nice character ( back from the Nintendo 64) Banjo didn't impressed me at all. The levels, the slow beginning just was an epic fail , maybe in next try Rare.
  8. Mar 16, 2012
    As a man that just started playing the BK series on the xbla... i can see where people are coming from about being upset where this game took off... however... if they played it they would enjoy it.... haters gonna hate
  9. May 27, 2012
    This games world looks so awesome, but why the hell did they make it a bunch of driving levels. I like the old school platforming. Also the text was so ridiculously small, it made the game unplayable for me. I couldn't read the tutorials.
  10. Aug 4, 2012
    WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE GAMES. GONE ARE THE CREATIVE AND AWESOME LOCATIONS AND ARE REPLACED WITH SOME **** DRIVING MISSIONS. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DO THIS. watch JonTron's youtube video on it.
  11. Dec 13, 2012
    I fell in love with this game as soon as I saw the teaser trailer. My heart fluttered every time I thought of the amazing new levels and throwbacks to old characters and... the MUSIC. The ATMOSPHERE! I awaited the day of release oh-so-patiently! I yearned. I waited. Then it happened. I heard of its absolute mutilation. A pang of horror struck my core as I the released gameplay flashed before my eyes. Further uselessly hopeful investigation only reinforced my deepest fears. With utter dissapointment, I shoved this backstabbing harlot into the deepest recesses of my mind, and never thought of her again.

Then, one day, I saw her at my local Gamestop. There she was.
    Without thinking, I bought her, brought her home... placed the disk into the Xbox. Ew. This should be in a Wii. But I wasn't going to complain. I knew what I was in for.

This game is like it's from a sick, twisted dream. Everything is the same. But everything is different. This game absolutely crushes my heart. It pulls it out, slams it on the table, and pounds it with a hammer over and over and over and over and over as I'm playing it.

It could have been a platformer.
    It should have been a platformer.
    Why wasn't it a platformer.

Everywhere I go in the game, I can see the suffering of those developers that were opposed to the new game mechanic. They desperately placed beautiful little locales where you can still platform in Showdown town. Those are really the best moments in the game. My favorite place is on a little cliff near Clungo's place, the small light house sort of building. There are many other very nice little places and details that desperately yearn for older times that I touchingly enjoyed. Like the non-robot bees with the mega-frowns hovering around the flowers in the first level. I could tell they're not robots because they don't have the screw-keys jammed into their bodies. They're a small inconsistency, but they're symbolic. The levels are all "fabricated." They look like some sick freak patched them together with the leftovers of Yoshi's Story, a rabid sewing machine, a nail gun, and some 2x4s. ALL of the critters/creatures and enemies are ROBOTS. Everything is artificial; the sun, the sky, the walls, the floor. Its enough to make you insane. It's like they perfectly knew exactly what would be the sickest, most twisted perversion of exactly what everyone wanted. All the "challenges" feel cheap. They were are all offensively simple, without any kind of warmth, and just outright boring. Go from point A to point B. Race against X. Race against Y. Race against your ass. Whatever. Put this coconut inside my gaping box. Make some crappy machine that will fight against mine. Yeah yeah, sure, whatever, I just want to finish this game. And in the end... you're still collecting jiggies and notes. It could have been a platformer.
    It should have been a platformer.

Why...
    Wasn't...
    It...
    A...
    Platformer...

...

Get it. Game mechanic, thats what you are in the game. You're a mechanic. IN a GaMe.
    ha. haha. HA. HAHAHAHAHA. GAME MECHANIC, GET IT??!?!???!?!?!?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ASDLFKJASDFHAHAHAHHA GODDAMNIT WHY RARE. WHY.
  12. Jan 16, 2013
    I got the Xbox 360 for the return of Banjo and I wasn't disappointed. Unlike many fans, I didn't wait around hoping for threeie. Nuts & Bolts is a unique game that offers a large number of challenges in ranging difficulty levels and gives you a list of parts to make a solution. Some times the game forces you to use it's own vehicle, but even then you can hop out and make your own out of the pieces provided. Once you've finished the game your imagination is the limit. Anything from walking robots to your favorite Pokemon is possible.

As for the characters, they still make me laugh. The most popular of the hidden innuendo is hidden back in the game, and while the fourth wall was shattered, I didn't mind. The characters look different after missing a console generation, but they look good for missing 8 years. Every now and then I'll hop back on and fly my giant Obama plane or ride around in Groudon. Every now and then I'll make something new and I'll find someone in the empty online to hang out with in the test track. The online is simple, but sadly vacant.

It was well worth it's price tag at $40 when I got it and now at $20, there is no reason to not give the game a shot.
  13. Nov 18, 2013
    This is a really good sandbox builder game for a bargain price. It's worth anyone's time. The only reason why people hate it is because the name banjo kazooie on the box. Sure, it's nothing like the n64 classics, but the game doesn't hide that fact, and practically says right up front, "hey, we're sorry this isn't like the games you used to love, but those game don't sell like they used too, so we gave you this, and threw in all this great nostalgia to make it more fun."

I can hardly fault this game, which was only $40 when it came out(it's less than $10 anywhere now). There's lots of single player gameplay, and even a full featured online experience. So you can mess with your wild creations alone or with your friends. Even if you don't want to take the time to create your own vehicles, the game gives you stock builds to use in the challenges. They aren't perfect for the job, but they are convenient, and get the job done, which is the point.

This is an underrated, and under-appreciated gem. At less than $10, if you see it, you should buy it.
  14. May 31, 2013
    If you have been complaining about the lack of originality in games this gen then this game is for you. This is the most original game I've played in years. A lot of the hate this game gets is from people unable to have an objective honest opinion. The magic in this game is about designing vehicles to complete tasks and test them and going back and improving them to make them ideal for the task in hand and this is so much fun. The humor and charm in the game is great the music the graphics all fantastic. Don't let the fanboys stop you giving this game a fair chance. Expand
  15. Jul 20, 2013
    It's not bad, just not what I expected. It's not a disgrace to the Rare name, it's just a game. The game is alright, but the gameplay contadicts the basic level design, some missions can be really tedious, and the fact it is a Banjo Kazooie game hurts the product all together.
  16. May 18, 2013
    I grew up with lego. Always wanted to drive around in my creations. Here's your chance to do just that. Any creative mind will quickly get hooked and let go after filling up your hard drive a few times of epic, practical, funny and almost anything you can think of creations.
  17. Jun 3, 2013
    positives:town can be fun to navigate, designing your own vehicles is lots of fun,
    negatives: worlds are barren of EVERYTHING. seriously theres nothing in them. what your supposed to do isn't made immediately clear, the worlds look horrible and fake, the 'game master' is annoying, the characters are represented very poorly, for what reason did they make banjo and kazooie fat?. a trolley.
    really? a trolley? WHY?its horrible!, inability to change the trolley at all despite being able to in the demo, inability to use anything but the trolley in town, stop and swap eggs do nothing but unlock useless parts,weapons can be hard to aim. as if there was anything to aim at. the whole game just feels like something else should have been there, but isn't(this game should have been banjo threeie before some idiotic decision making backstage and an engine change)the whole game feels like an alpha stage game, and unfinished at that. Expand
  18. Sep 26, 2013
    Betrayals to their predecessors

the game was formerly gamecube that was postponed to xbox 360, the game that "supposedly" is the direct sequel to Banjo-tooie much betrayed his predecessors in large part because of the following, you have to see the vehicles with banjo and kazooie?, you have to see the improvements and demases with banjo?, no movement, no attacks together or separately,
    realemnte happened with banjo-theerie ie us analyze the points

- Supposedly the saga banjo kazooie is of platforms, but not vehicles, ie considering the whole vehicle is pure jeugo are few times when you do it on foot.

- The characters are not what they were like before, each character once had a job but not matched, each head in a wrong position to the extreme.

- The music is the only thing for people who actually played the game or two anteriomente deliveries will know that the legendary composer Grant Kirkhope will know it is their talent in the melodies in Rareware games were glorious and they still are but not with pint the game that was born in their roots fed back

- Maybe for some eprsoans gameplay that did not play the two deliveries would say that this would be good but not haci, for my car is using looks good, you can give to the car arta creativity among other things, but profane much that was really banjo-kazooie....
  19. Aug 25, 2013
    God... do I even need a reason to give this game a 1/10? I'd just be beating a dead horse to go over what this game did wrong. Long story short, Microsoft forced Rare to cancel BK: Threeie for this betrayal of the IP. I don't think microsoft understands the concept of games franchises being tied to their gameplay genre. You can make innovations sure, but you can't release Starcraft III and have it be an FPS. It's just absurd to even try to justify what they did. Expand
  20. Aug 25, 2013
    Ok look when i first played and beat this game i had no idea about the previous games or the Microsoft buy i LOVED this game as a kid but i still do but not as much now that ive played the previous games.
  21. Jan 2, 2014
    If we look at all the things that made Banjo Kazooie, we quickly see that there is none of that in Nuts & Bolts.
    The basic idea of Nuts & Bolts is to turn a platformer like Mario 64 into a Lego cars racer. And if anyone says that it`s genius, fun and good as a Xbox game, thats because he/she never played the original, most of the time play or watch stupid and overrated games or just
    simply don`t really know what is a good game.
    Don`t get me wrong there can be smart gamer that like this game, but Banjo Kazooie: not at all.
    The huge world is empty, you have to talk to someone to do missions WWWWHHHHHYYYYY?) ect.

Besides that I apologize for that the graphics are wonderful, the controls of Banjo are better then ever and overall it looks great. "The real part is boring" -Jontron
  22. Jan 19, 2014
    A new take on platforming using vehicles and customisation that make this game very unique. It looks good and with it's colourful, cartoony presentation it get's the best out of HD which was kind of wasted in a generation dominated by brown. The levels are set up using the traditional Mario 64 formula with small open levels with a number of challenges only stars have been replaced by jigsaw pieces. The game doesn't really present a challenge and hasn't got the best handling but the creation tool is fun, being able to strap together as many engines as possible on a lightweight frame and bombing about. Overall the game is fun and looks nice but I just can't take it serious enough compared to other games I have ranked highly despite the fact I played it through to the end. Expand
  23. Mar 11, 2014
    Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is a game constantly scowled upon and hated simply because "It's different" and "It doesn't play like the others". However, i'm not as narrow minded or as stupid as others. I see this game for the gem that it really is. Expansive worlds and Vehicle customization are two of the things i really like in this game, not only that, but its nice to see old faces re-imagined in today's world of gaming. If this game had no connections to the previous games in the banjo-kazooie series, if it were a standalone game, it would get much better reviews. Yet it always seems to get trashed for "not being like the previous games". I only hope others, like me, can see this game for what it is, a great game full of great features.

P.S The core concept of this game is the same as the previous two in the series, collecting jiggies, and yet people complain about it being too different.
  24. May 3, 2014
    Do you like Banjo-Kazzoie? How about Banjo-Tooie? If you said yes to either of these questions, then GET AWAY NOW! Nuts & Bolts is the kind of game that makes me rather have gotten kicked in my Nuts & Bolts rather than playing this shameful mockery of a once good series of fun and whacky adventures.

While the game actually has nothing wrong with it in terms of functionality, it takes
    a turn from the original games that makes you want to puke and ask why they would even bother throwing Banjo on here; what they should have done is make a completely new character and not bother sullying Banjo's good name, then this game might be okay. This game does things so foreign to the Banjo universe, such as Lego car building, psionic powers of levitation, and breaking the Fourth-Wall a la Deadpool style. The only problem with the last one is that instead of laughing and enjoying the remark like you would with Deadpool, you facepalm harder than the Roman on Trajan's Column. Their attempt at comedy is similar to the QWOP runners attempt to show people how legs work. Instead of laughing at the joke itself, you'll laugh at how pathetically stupid this game is and then promptly kill yourself before the game can do it for you.

The only people who could enjoy this game are those who are far too young to have played the originals. For everyone else who's not drinking their mother's milk, spare yourself the mind-numbing pain and leave.
  25. May 1, 2014
    This game is flipping awesome! When I first heard of it coming out I thought it was going to suck since you made machines in it. I was a huge fan of the older games. But as time went by I wanted to play the game more and more. And when my friend gave me his xbox 360 I finally decided to get the game. It was epic! Making the machines and stuff is so fun and Rareware still has the same humor as they did in the older games. Nuts and bolts might be better than the older games. The older games were amazing so that's saying something. By far the best game on the xbox, I am so happy with it, probably addicted to it. If you are reading this right now, stop and order the game so that you can experience a beautiful work of art. Expand
  26. May 26, 2014
    The 2 games on the N64 defined my childhood, this completely ruined it and took a **** all over it. **** this game and **** Microsoft. I hope the person who decided Lego cars was a good idea burns.

With so many vehicle parts, places to go and people to see, Nuts & Bolts is going to be a game you keep going back to. Just getting to the end will require hours of commitment, but, it’s not like you need an excuse, right? Apart from a confusing premise (the story is a little bit weak) and the small text, this game is a massive success.
    The game's new vehicle-based emphasis will probably turn off some long-time fans, but I really enjoyed the game's premise. [Dec 2008, p.95]
  3. Banjo is back. A whole new adventure featuring several old friends and some new characters, but in a completely new world. It's great to see Banjo this well, as Nuts & Bolts is really funny, but the new gameplay is something users must get used to. Vehicles are fun, but not as much fun as they should be.