6.8

1. SteveM
    Sep 28, 2009
    As a die-hard fan of the original Nintendo 64 games, I admit I was quite disappointed and worried when Nuts & Bolts was first announced. I had waited years to see these characters worlds revisited, and the thought of the old gameplay being completely removed and replaced with "build-it-yourself vehicular action" wasn't what I (or a lot of the other fans, it seems) were hoping for. In As a die-hard fan of the original Nintendo 64 games, I admit I was quite disappointed and worried when Nuts & Bolts was first announced. I had waited years to see these characters worlds revisited, and the thought of the old gameplay being completely removed and replaced with "build-it-yourself vehicular action" wasn't what I (or a lot of the other fans, it seems) were hoping for. In the end though, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is an extremely fun game, if not a "good" Banjo game. Rare has always been able to push the limits of the systems the develop for, and it shows here. While the "constructed" look of the worlds never really worked for me, the graphics are some of the best I've ever seen, with eye-popping color and spectacular draw distance (the Terrarium of Terror in particular is one of the most beautiful enviroments I've ever seen in a video game). The soundtrack is easily the greatest asset of N&B, with classic Banjo tunes injected into some truly epic original scores. The gameplay may not be "classic Banjo", but building vehicles is a blast and never gets old, although the misson system is by far the worst part of the game. Most of the callenges are variations on race, transport, or combat, with a few noticeable exceptions. While the game certianly isn't the "Banjo-Threeie" Gruntilda promised of Tooie, it is a remarkably fun and severely underrated game in it's own right, and showed (to me, at least) that Rare can still capture some of that "magic" that they once had. Highly reccomended! Expand
  2. Nick
    Dec 2, 2008
    This is the most underrated game of the last quarter of 2008!!! I wasn't planning on getting this game (with cod4, gow2, Fallout3 and Left 4 dead, surely i wouldn't need any more new releases) but after renting it for a night; i went and bought it the next day!! This is the future of platforming games!! My only gripe is that its too hard to get a game on xbox live, but I'm This is the most underrated game of the last quarter of 2008!!! I wasn't planning on getting this game (with cod4, gow2, Fallout3 and Left 4 dead, surely i wouldn't need any more new releases) but after renting it for a night; i went and bought it the next day!! This is the future of platforming games!! My only gripe is that its too hard to get a game on xbox live, but I'm not too concerned as single player is way too consuming at the moment!! This game is back to Rare's old standards! Love it! Expand
  3. Jan 19, 2014
    A new take on platforming using vehicles and customisation that make this game very unique. It looks good and with it's colourful, cartoony presentation it get's the best out of HD which was kind of wasted in a generation dominated by brown. The levels are set up using the traditional Mario 64 formula with small open levels with a number of challenges only stars have been replaced byA new take on platforming using vehicles and customisation that make this game very unique. It looks good and with it's colourful, cartoony presentation it get's the best out of HD which was kind of wasted in a generation dominated by brown. The levels are set up using the traditional Mario 64 formula with small open levels with a number of challenges only stars have been replaced by jigsaw pieces. The game doesn't really present a challenge and hasn't got the best handling but the creation tool is fun, being able to strap together as many engines as possible on a lightweight frame and bombing about. Overall the game is fun and looks nice but I just can't take it serious enough compared to other games I have ranked highly despite the fact I played it through to the end. Expand
  4. May 27, 2012
    This games world looks so awesome, but why the hell did they make it a bunch of driving levels. I like the old school platforming. Also the text was so ridiculously small, it made the game unplayable for me. I couldn't read the tutorials.
  5. Jun 3, 2013
    positives:town can be fun to navigate, designing your own vehicles is lots of fun,
    negatives: worlds are barren of EVERYTHING. seriously theres nothing in them. what your supposed to do isn't made immediately clear, the worlds look horrible and fake, the 'game master' is annoying, the characters are represented very poorly, for what reason did they make banjo and kazooie fat?. a trolley. really? a trolley? WHY?its horrible!, inability to change the trolley at all despite being able to in the demo, inability to use anything but the trolley in town, stop and swap eggs do nothing but unlock useless parts,weapons can be hard to aim. as if there was anything to aim at. the whole game just feels like something else should have been there, but isn't(this game should have been banjo threeie before some idiotic decision making backstage and an engine change)the whole game feels like an alpha stage game, and unfinished at that.
  6. Mar 11, 2014
    Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is a game constantly scowled upon and hated simply because "It's different" and "It doesn't play like the others". However, i'm not as narrow minded or as stupid as others. I see this game for the gem that it really is. Expansive worlds and Vehicle customization are two of the things i really like in this game, not only that, but its nice to see old facesBanjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is a game constantly scowled upon and hated simply because "It's different" and "It doesn't play like the others". However, i'm not as narrow minded or as stupid as others. I see this game for the gem that it really is. Expansive worlds and Vehicle customization are two of the things i really like in this game, not only that, but its nice to see old faces re-imagined in today's world of gaming. If this game had no connections to the previous games in the banjo-kazooie series, if it were a standalone game, it would get much better reviews. Yet it always seems to get trashed for "not being like the previous games". I only hope others, like me, can see this game for what it is, a great game full of great features.

P.S The core concept of this game is the same as the previous two in the series, collecting jiggies, and yet people complain about it being too different.
  7. Feb 23, 2014
    Weird controls. The start of this game MAKES FUN OF ITS FANS FOR WANTING A GAME LIKE THE GOOD OLD ONES. This game was only made because of the new engine rare got allowing them to use karting. This game is a sign of how **** rare became after Microshat bought them out. And don't think the stiff controlled boat multiplayer will revive this steaming pile of crap, because it doesn't.
  8. Oct 31, 2012
    Seeing how beautiful the game world looks but being unable to platform in it and having to build stupid vehicles breaks my heart. It could of been an AMAZING platformer.
  9. PJForce
    Dec 13, 2008
    its one of those games that the more creative and imaginative you are the more you get out of it, there is absolutly nothing like it on the market, aswome graphics and sound. one of I my favourite 360 games, I was so bored with gears of war linear passive enterntainment, be warned though you need to engage you brain on this one.
  10. Sep 19, 2011
    Hands down, my favorite game on the Xbox 360 so far. Gears 3 comes out tomorrow so I don't know how long that will last. Vehicle creation is absolutely fantastic. It is insanely easy to use, but that doesn't mean you can't make whatever you can imagine. The missions get a little repetitive, but that is overshadowed by the absolutely stunning visuals and witty banter between theHands down, my favorite game on the Xbox 360 so far. Gears 3 comes out tomorrow so I don't know how long that will last. Vehicle creation is absolutely fantastic. It is insanely easy to use, but that doesn't mean you can't make whatever you can imagine. The missions get a little repetitive, but that is overshadowed by the absolutely stunning visuals and witty banter between the characters. This is a super fantastic game that seems to have a love-hate relationship with the public. I am definitely on the side of love. Expand
  11. Aug 25, 2013
    God... do I even need a reason to give this game a 1/10? I'd just be beating a dead horse to go over what this game did wrong. Long story short, Microsoft forced Rare to cancel BK: Threeie for this betrayal of the IP. I don't think microsoft understands the concept of games franchises being tied to their gameplay genre. You can make innovations sure, but you can't release Starcraft III andGod... do I even need a reason to give this game a 1/10? I'd just be beating a dead horse to go over what this game did wrong. Long story short, Microsoft forced Rare to cancel BK: Threeie for this betrayal of the IP. I don't think microsoft understands the concept of games franchises being tied to their gameplay genre. You can make innovations sure, but you can't release Starcraft III and have it be an FPS. It's just absurd to even try to justify what they did. Expand
  12. Sep 26, 2013
    Betrayals to their predecessors

Betrayals to their predecessors

the game was formerly gamecube that was postponed to xbox 360, the game that "supposedly" is the direct sequel to Banjo-tooie much betrayed his predecessors in large part because of the following, you have to see the vehicles with banjo and kazooie?, you have to see the improvements and demases with banjo?, no movement, no attacks together or separately, realemnte happened with banjo-theerie ie us analyze the points

- Supposedly the saga banjo kazooie is of platforms, but not vehicles, ie considering the whole vehicle is pure jeugo are few times when you do it on foot.

- The characters are not what they were like before, each character once had a job but not matched, each head in a wrong position to the extreme.

- The music is the only thing for people who actually played the game or two anteriomente deliveries will know that the legendary composer Grant Kirkhope will know it is their talent in the melodies in Rareware games were glorious and they still are but not with pint the game that was born in their roots fed back

- Maybe for some eprsoans gameplay that did not play the two deliveries would say that this would be good but not haci, for my car is using looks good, you can give to the car arta creativity among other things, but profane much that was really banjo-kazooie....
  13. May 26, 2014
    The 2 games on the N64 defined my childhood, this completely ruined it and took a **** all over it. **** this game and **** Microsoft. I hope the person who decided Lego cars was a good idea burns.
  14. Mar 16, 2012
    Well I can say that Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts was a little bit of a disappointment to me since i was longing for a platformer type game. However since I researched and still bought it when it came out day one. I knew what it was going to be like... So I reviewed it for what it was... a mash up between a spin off game (aka mario kart ODST etc) and the continuation of where BT left off...Well I can say that Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts was a little bit of a disappointment to me since i was longing for a platformer type game. However since I researched and still bought it when it came out day one. I knew what it was going to be like... So I reviewed it for what it was... a mash up between a spin off game (aka mario kart ODST etc) and the continuation of where BT left off... The overall feel of the game was really refreshing it was kinda like playing BK mixed with Diddy kong Racing, and Legos. Which all in all was a real blast to me. While it might not appease some of the die hard bk fans that were hoping for a platformer... it still is a very good game Expand
  15. BanjoK
    Aug 7, 2009
    Ever since Rare moved to Microsoft they have gone into the shadows and their games have gone by unnoticed. This game is another example of the once brilliant developer that has gone downhill. I absolutely loved the first 2 banjo games and have fond memories of playing them when I was a kid. This game however is nothing like those 2 and so I can't relate with it
  16. Aug 30, 2012
    This game got score 79 for what it this game not good game i mean racing flying making cars and plane meh what the point.....

Oh yes i am banjo kazooie fan only first 2 where best ones i said nuts and bolt game i said why not got it free with xbox but when i stuck it on i was so disappoint this not like first 2 pathetic of course u cant die which stupid
  17. May 18, 2013
    I grew up with lego. Always wanted to drive around in my creations. Here's your chance to do just that. Any creative mind will quickly get hooked and let go after filling up your hard drive a few times of epic, practical, funny and almost anything you can think of creations.
  18. Dec 13, 2012
    I fell in love with this game as soon as I saw the teaser trailer. My heart fluttered every time I thought of the amazing new levels and throwbacks to old characters and... the MUSIC. The ATMOSPHERE! I awaited the day of release oh-so-patiently!

I yearned. I waited. Then it happened. I heard of its absolute mutilation. A pang of horror struck my core as I the released gameplay

I yearned. I waited.

Then it happened.

I heard of its absolute mutilation. A pang of horror struck my core as I the released gameplay flashed before my eyes. Further uselessly hopeful investigation only reinforced my deepest fears. With utter dissapointment, I shoved this backstabbing harlot into the deepest recesses of my mind, and never thought of her again.

Then, one day, I saw her at my local Gamestop. There she was.
    Without thinking, I bought her, brought her home... placed the disk into the Xbox. Ew. This should be in a Wii. But I wasn't going to complain. I knew what I was in for.

This game is like it's from a sick, twisted dream. Everything is the same. But everything is different. This game absolutely crushes my heart. It pulls it out, slams it on the table, and pounds it with a hammer over and over and over and over and over as I'm playing it.

It could have been a platformer.
    It should have been a platformer.
    Why wasn't it a platformer.

Everywhere I go in the game, I can see the suffering of those developers that were opposed to the new game mechanic. They desperately placed beautiful little locales where you can still platform in Showdown town. Those are really the best moments in the game. My favorite place is on a little cliff near Clungo's place, the small light house sort of building. There are many other very nice little places and details that desperately yearn for older times that I touchingly enjoyed. Like the non-robot bees with the mega-frowns hovering around the flowers in the first level. I could tell they're not robots because they don't have the screw-keys jammed into their bodies. They're a small inconsistency, but they're symbolic. The levels are all "fabricated." They look like some sick freak patched them together with the leftovers of Yoshi's Story, a rabid sewing machine, a nail gun, and some 2x4s. ALL of the critters/creatures and enemies are ROBOTS. Everything is artificial; the sun, the sky, the walls, the floor. Its enough to make you insane. It's like they perfectly knew exactly what would be the sickest, most twisted perversion of exactly what everyone wanted. All the "challenges" feel cheap. They were are all offensively simple, without any kind of warmth, and just outright boring. Go from point A to point B. Race against X. Race against Y. Race against your ass. Whatever. Put this coconut inside my gaping box. Make some crappy machine that will fight against mine. Yeah yeah, sure, whatever, I just want to finish this game. And in the end... you're still collecting jiggies and notes. It could have been a platformer.
    It should have been a platformer.

Why...
    Wasn't...
    It...
    A...
    Platformer...

...

Get it. Game mechanic, thats what you are in the game. You're a mechanic. IN a GaMe.
    ha. haha. HA. HAHAHAHAHA. GAME MECHANIC, GET IT??!?!???!?!?!?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ASDLFKJASDFHAHAHAHHA GODDAMNIT WHY RARE. WHY.
  19. Jan 16, 2013
    I got the Xbox 360 for the return of Banjo and I wasn't disappointed. Unlike many fans, I didn't wait around hoping for threeie. Nuts & Bolts is a unique game that offers a large number of challenges in ranging difficulty levels and gives you a list of parts to make a solution. Some times the game forces you to use it's own vehicle, but even then you can hop out and make your own out ofI got the Xbox 360 for the return of Banjo and I wasn't disappointed. Unlike many fans, I didn't wait around hoping for threeie. Nuts & Bolts is a unique game that offers a large number of challenges in ranging difficulty levels and gives you a list of parts to make a solution. Some times the game forces you to use it's own vehicle, but even then you can hop out and make your own out of the pieces provided. Once you've finished the game your imagination is the limit. Anything from walking robots to your favorite Pokemon is possible.

As for the characters, they still make me laugh. The most popular of the hidden innuendo is hidden back in the game, and while the fourth wall was shattered, I didn't mind. The characters look different after missing a console generation, but they look good for missing 8 years. Every now and then I'll hop back on and fly my giant Obama plane or ride around in Groudon. Every now and then I'll make something new and I'll find someone in the empty online to hang out with in the test track. The online is simple, but sadly vacant.

It was well worth it's price tag at $40 when I got it and now at $20, there is no reason to not give the game a shot.
  20. Aug 25, 2013
    Ok look when i first played and beat this game i had no idea about the previous games or the Microsoft buy i LOVED this game as a kid but i still do but not as much now that ive played the previous games.
  21. Nov 18, 2013
    This is a really good sandbox builder game for a bargain price. It's worth anyone's time. The only reason why people hate it is because the name banjo kazooie on the box. Sure, it's nothing like the n64 classics, but the game doesn't hide that fact, and practically says right up front, "hey, we're sorry this isn't like the games you used to love, but those game don't sell like they usedThis is a really good sandbox builder game for a bargain price. It's worth anyone's time. The only reason why people hate it is because the name banjo kazooie on the box. Sure, it's nothing like the n64 classics, but the game doesn't hide that fact, and practically says right up front, "hey, we're sorry this isn't like the games you used to love, but those game don't sell like they used too, so we gave you this, and threw in all this great nostalgia to make it more fun."

I can hardly fault this game, which was only $40 when it came out(it's less than $10 anywhere now). There's lots of single player gameplay, and even a full featured online experience. So you can mess with your wild creations alone or with your friends. Even if you don't want to take the time to create your own vehicles, the game gives you stock builds to use in the challenges. They aren't perfect for the job, but they are convenient, and get the job done, which is the point.

This is an underrated, and under-appreciated gem. At less than $10, if you see it, you should buy it.
  22. Jan 2, 2014
    If we look at all the things that made Banjo Kazooie, we quickly see that there is none of that in Nuts & Bolts.
    The basic idea of Nuts & Bolts is to turn a platformer like Mario 64 into a Lego cars racer. And if anyone says that it`s genius, fun and good as a Xbox game, thats because he/she never played the original, most of the time play or watch stupid and overrated games or just simply don`t really know what is a good game.
    Don`t get me wrong there can be smart gamer that like this game, but Banjo Kazooie: not at all.
    The huge world is empty, you have to talk to someone to do missions WWWWHHHHHYYYYY?) ect.

Besides that I apologize for that the graphics are wonderful, the controls of Banjo are better then ever and overall it looks great. "The real part is boring" -Jontron
  23. May 1, 2014
    This game is flipping awesome! When I first heard of it coming out I thought it was going to suck since you made machines in it. I was a huge fan of the older games. But as time went by I wanted to play the game more and more. And when my friend gave me his xbox 360 I finally decided to get the game. It was epic! Making the machines and stuff is so fun and Rareware still has the same humorThis game is flipping awesome! When I first heard of it coming out I thought it was going to suck since you made machines in it. I was a huge fan of the older games. But as time went by I wanted to play the game more and more. And when my friend gave me his xbox 360 I finally decided to get the game. It was epic! Making the machines and stuff is so fun and Rareware still has the same humor as they did in the older games. Nuts and bolts might be better than the older games. The older games were amazing so that's saying something. By far the best game on the xbox, I am so happy with it, probably addicted to it. If you are reading this right now, stop and order the game so that you can experience a beautiful work of art. Expand
  24. Nov 2, 2014
    i was expecting more from a racing game were you get to make your own cars but you cannot race with other people online what madness is that a racing game with no online pathitic WORST XBOX RACING GAME EVER
  25. Dec 28, 2011
    This game is so fun! :D Incredible graphics and funny dialogue. Very nice customization options when building vehicles. Spent 100+ hours on this game... buy it!
  26. Mar 16, 2012
    As a man that just started playing the BK series on the xbla... i can see where people are coming from about being upset where this game took off... however... if they played it they would enjoy it.... haters gonna hate
  27. Aug 4, 2012
    WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE GAMES. GONE ARE THE CREATIVE AND AWESOME LOCATIONS AND ARE REPLACED WITH SOME **** DRIVING MISSIONS. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DO THIS. watch JonTron's youtube video on it.
  28. MathieuC
    Feb 9, 2009
    This game's a big big mistake by Rare. They should have made a classic platform game with some new stuff, instead of a crappy lego grand theft auto version with an absolute shitty scenario. I grew up playing old banjo games, and I'm sure every true fans of BK and BT will understand my frustration.
  29. LoganPredy
    Nov 13, 2008
    The game fails to recapture the magic from the sublime first game in the series. Platforming has been mostly eliminated and levels made too big to just walk around in. The old Rare that used to make spectacular games really doesn't exist anymore and this game proves that even further.
  30. AndrewL
    Dec 5, 2008
    While fun on its own, why call it a Banjo-Kazooie game? It would've been more suitable to be called Banjo-Kazooie Racing. When did they decide that forcing lovers of the past titles to fall asleep creating machines to fly and speed through extremely boring and linear levels. It was shameless for them to take such a great name (that most of us gamers grew up on nonetheless) and spitWhile fun on its own, why call it a Banjo-Kazooie game? It would've been more suitable to be called Banjo-Kazooie Racing. When did they decide that forcing lovers of the past titles to fall asleep creating machines to fly and speed through extremely boring and linear levels. It was shameless for them to take such a great name (that most of us gamers grew up on nonetheless) and spit all over it. Expand
  31. AlexD
    Aug 12, 2009
    The text is so small and goes by so fast I can't read it. While I'm trying to read it, I miss the graphical action. It's impossible to know what you're supposed to do. I've never played a Banjo-Kazzoie game before and appreciate that it's part of a long-running franchise, but I'm not gonna play this annoying shit. Why didn't the developers catch The text is so small and goes by so fast I can't read it. While I'm trying to read it, I miss the graphical action. It's impossible to know what you're supposed to do. I've never played a Banjo-Kazzoie game before and appreciate that it's part of a long-running franchise, but I'm not gonna play this annoying shit. Why didn't the developers catch this aweful design flaw? I started off playing it optimistically, looking forward to getting to know what BK is all about, but after 5 minutes I gave up in frustration. Fortunately I got the game as part of a 360 Pro bundle so I didn't really pay for it. A zero may seem harsh because graphically it didn't seem too bad, but if the game turns me off, I turn it off and a zero is all it deserves. Tomorrow I'm taking it to Cash Converters and see if I can swap it for something good. Expand
  32. DavidC
    May 24, 2009
    One of the most tedious games I have ever played. This is really nothing new from the criminally overpraised developer Rare. Appropriately enough the new Banjo now focuses on vehicle creation, including aeroplanes. Let me say now that you would sooner learn to fly a real 747 before you make sense of this boring, convoluted mess of a sandbox game. Yes, you heard right. This is a sandbox One of the most tedious games I have ever played. This is really nothing new from the criminally overpraised developer Rare. Appropriately enough the new Banjo now focuses on vehicle creation, including aeroplanes. Let me say now that you would sooner learn to fly a real 747 before you make sense of this boring, convoluted mess of a sandbox game. Yes, you heard right. This is a sandbox game with a vehicle creation mode or we can only hope as I would be frankly embarrassed to call this a platformer. The graphics aren't bad, they're gorgeous in fact. The characters and worlds are extremely well designed and these are probably among the best graphics I've ever seen on the Xbox 360, but it's all window dressing. Expand
  33. May 31, 2013
    If you have been complaining about the lack of originality in games this gen then this game is for you. This is the most original game I've played in years. A lot of the hate this game gets is from people unable to have an objective honest opinion. The magic in this game is about designing vehicles to complete tasks and test them and going back and improving them to make them ideal for theIf you have been complaining about the lack of originality in games this gen then this game is for you. This is the most original game I've played in years. A lot of the hate this game gets is from people unable to have an objective honest opinion. The magic in this game is about designing vehicles to complete tasks and test them and going back and improving them to make them ideal for the task in hand and this is so much fun. The humor and charm in the game is great the music the graphics all fantastic. Don't let the fanboys stop you giving this game a fair chance. Expand
  34. Mar 22, 2015
    4/10 (Disappointing, Rare used to be so good) ...........................................................................................................
  35. Brandon96
    May 2, 2009
    Way to go for Rare to rape my childhood. Everyone looks so retarded. I mean, Humba doesn't even look like an Indian anymore! But I think the worse redesign is the Jinjos. They now look like girly dwarfs. The Missions are the most boring missions I've ever seen in my life. All it is is Race, Fetch, Defend, Race, Fetch, Defend, Race, Fetch, Defend, Race, Fetch, Defend, Race, Way to go for Rare to rape my childhood. Everyone looks so retarded. I mean, Humba doesn't even look like an Indian anymore! But I think the worse redesign is the Jinjos. They now look like girly dwarfs. The Missions are the most boring missions I've ever seen in my life. All it is is Race, Fetch, Defend, Race, Fetch, Defend, Race, Fetch, Defend, Race, Fetch, Defend, Race, Fetch, Defend, Race, Fetch, Defend, Race, Fetch, Defend, god. Oh, and there is only FIVE worlds...The only interesting world in the game is Banjo-Land, and even that's too small. Expand
  36. Sep 11, 2011
    Sorry folks , I think the new Banjo-Kazooie really didn't grabbed my attention. It was, boring, plain boring nothing special to the concept. While its really nice , and have a nice character ( back from the Nintendo 64) Banjo didn't impressed me at all. The levels, the slow beginning just was an epic fail , maybe in next try Rare.
  37. HagenM
    Jan 7, 2009
    Nuts & Bolts is a completely innovative game. This is second only to Mirror's Edge for most original game of '08. The story mode can be very fun at times. Jumping around showdown town to collect parts, putting that final touch on your new vehicle, earning trophies, it's all good fun once you get into it. The game is corky and funny, and also extremely absurd. The online Nuts & Bolts is a completely innovative game. This is second only to Mirror's Edge for most original game of '08. The story mode can be very fun at times. Jumping around showdown town to collect parts, putting that final touch on your new vehicle, earning trophies, it's all good fun once you get into it. The game is corky and funny, and also extremely absurd. The online play is hillarious and good clean fun. I really hate how Banjo fan boys state things like "It's not anything like the old games! That makes it terrible!". I'm sure there are many people who dislike it for legitimate reasons, but there are also those who hate the game because it's different. It's a completely different style of game. So if you're reading this, and you agree with the earlier quote, than your opinion is ignorant and competely biased. Appreciate the game for what it is. Expand
  38. Jul 20, 2013
    It's not bad, just not what I expected. It's not a disgrace to the Rare name, it's just a game. The game is alright, but the gameplay contadicts the basic level design, some missions can be really tedious, and the fact it is a Banjo Kazooie game hurts the product all together.
  39. Feb 10, 2015
    It's ok to play, worth it if you get it for less than 10$.
    There are some nice glitches in there which are fun to do.
    I hate that Metacritic requires more than 125 characters for a review.
  40. Apr 5, 2015
    An amazing game filled with lots of fun, unique gaming mechanics and challenges, plus a load of fan service at every turn. While some fans are put off by the departure from the pure platforming roots of the series, anyone who sticks around for the ride is rewarded with Banjo and Kazooie's greatest adventure yet.
  41. PatrickJones
    Nov 16, 2008
    Absolutely loving the game. I've made so many vehicles and it's a blast trying to find better ways to complete missions. Anyone who is a fan of platformers will love this game it may not be a traditional Banjo game but it has the charm and polish of the previous titles.
  42. RyanS
    Nov 20, 2008
    For those who think this is just a kiddy game, there's more depth to it than you think. To those who think they ruined Banjo by adding vehicles, stop whining. If I had to describe this game in 2 words, I would say "fun" and "big". It might not be the most exciting title, but it keeps you occupied and actually makes you think.
  43. MattGonderinger
    Nov 21, 2008
    Very enjoyable game. Has Rare's self-deprecating humor (especially in the LogBox 720 section...), vehicle building is intuitive and fun, and there's plenty to do at all times.
    Yes, I'd love to have a purist-driven Banjo title, but what is available in this game is great, and no one (including Rare) ever said that this is Banjo Threeie. ;)
  44. AnonymousMC
    Nov 22, 2008
    It may not be the best game of all time or be just as good as the original games, but this game definitely feels like a Banjo game. It still has the great gameplay and humour expected from Rare, and a huge amount of possibility with the vehicle editor. I've spent loads of time screwing around with vehicles and have had tons of fun.
  45. TrevorHunter
    Nov 23, 2008
    I found Banjo to be a nice change from the originals. coming from somebody who still plays with legos, it was a very fun experience. the diologe wasn't as witty as previous banjo games, but the vehicle creater made up for it. the story is just as simple as previous banjo games, get your home back. and everything you do heads toward that goal. All in all, if you like banjo and Legos,I found Banjo to be a nice change from the originals. coming from somebody who still plays with legos, it was a very fun experience. the diologe wasn't as witty as previous banjo games, but the vehicle creater made up for it. the story is just as simple as previous banjo games, get your home back. and everything you do heads toward that goal. All in all, if you like banjo and Legos, you can't go wrong. Expand
  46. EricHeflick
    Dec 17, 2008
    I enjoy, and still do, the hell out of this game; I absolutely love it. It is so light-hearted and the game humor is great. The simplicity of the vehicle creator is fine for me, and the graphics are simply eye-candy! For me, this game is a solid nine out of ten.
  47. KevinT
    Dec 30, 2008
    This game is fantastic, utterly charm and pure fun. I think it deserves far better than some of the ire that seems to have been thrown at it (mainly because it isn't a rehash of the old game and they tried something new).

If they'd have just remade BK then no doubt they'd have been knocked for that too.

Give it a chance folks, it is fun.
  48. AnonymousMC
    Jan 12, 2009
    Is this Banjo Kazooie? No. This is far off from other Banjo games, and you have to build vehicles, collect jiggies and do others biddings. I don't really like the concept of building vehicles, maybe this game would do better as a racing game, it just doesn't bring back memories.
  49. RobertC.
    Nov 25, 2008
    It's commendable for anyone to man up to when they fall short, and Rare not only mans up about their recent mistakes, but ends up on the path to redemption. I was skeptical about the sudden change in gameplay, and the lukewarm demo only encouraged that, yet I was shocked to discover just how FUN it is. The vehicle-creation is worth the price alone; it's like being a kid in a It's commendable for anyone to man up to when they fall short, and Rare not only mans up about their recent mistakes, but ends up on the path to redemption. I was skeptical about the sudden change in gameplay, and the lukewarm demo only encouraged that, yet I was shocked to discover just how FUN it is. The vehicle-creation is worth the price alone; it's like being a kid in a LEGO store. Each new vehicle is like a new present waiting to happen. It's a game that compels you to be as creative as you can be and approach any mission the way you want to. Surrounding all of this are technicolor megaworlds that are just a joy to venture through, old characters, a self-aware charm and wit, and much more. It's not the easiest game to get into, as the really fun parts take some time to acquire; but with a bit of patience and an urge to create, this title is worth even $60. But the fact that it goes for only $40 makes it the bargain of the holidays. Expand
  50. EvanB.
    Nov 26, 2008
    This game will be in my Xbox 360 for months! It has some of the best graphics I have ever seen in a game, and you can't beat the 39.99 price! I even got a free download of the original Banjo-Kazooie on Xbox Live! The Stop-and-Swap feature is back from the days of the N64, and this time it works! All you need to do is have a save file saved of Nuts and Bolts on your Xbox 360, and then This game will be in my Xbox 360 for months! It has some of the best graphics I have ever seen in a game, and you can't beat the 39.99 price! I even got a free download of the original Banjo-Kazooie on Xbox Live! The Stop-and-Swap feature is back from the days of the N64, and this time it works! All you need to do is have a save file saved of Nuts and Bolts on your Xbox 360, and then in the original game items such as the Ice Key will be available to collect! All ages, this is a MUST BUY! Expand
  51. BradS.
    Dec 1, 2008
    This game was confusing at first. While I was expecting something relatively similar to the older games, or at least some form of relationship, this was a completely new experience. I found myself getting annoying at most of these "challenges" being ALWAYS time based and boring (easy) however, this sensation fades fast as I discovered an amazing creation tool for the vehicles and a very This game was confusing at first. While I was expecting something relatively similar to the older games, or at least some form of relationship, this was a completely new experience. I found myself getting annoying at most of these "challenges" being ALWAYS time based and boring (easy) however, this sensation fades fast as I discovered an amazing creation tool for the vehicles and a very in depth and rich environment to explore. The hardcore gamer can still grind out all the hours and explore and collect every piece and live up to the hardest challenges. I have had weeks of fun with this game and found myself not Expand
  52. SeanB
    Jan 6, 2009
    I loved this game. I can mess around and produce wacky, fun vehicles to make a given mission easier. In the middle of a world, I can plop down a plane or helicopter to fly around the vast space and just explore. The game does an excellent job of rewarding creative gameplay. Why load the objects in the truck when smashing into it at JUST the right angle will send it where you want it I loved this game. I can mess around and produce wacky, fun vehicles to make a given mission easier. In the middle of a world, I can plop down a plane or helicopter to fly around the vast space and just explore. The game does an excellent job of rewarding creative gameplay. Why load the objects in the truck when smashing into it at JUST the right angle will send it where you want it (thanks to a well placed valley in some nearby hills). Great music. Pretty free of bugs. Fun gameplay. The nostalgia is all there with tons of new stuff to enjoy. Plus it is huge and has a nice 40 dollar price tag! Expand
  53. Brett
    Feb 19, 2009
    As a child, banjo kazooie was the first game i ever really got into playing and it still stands as one of my favorites of all time, i was more than willing to pay 1200 microsoft points to enjoy a piece of my childhood once again...but then came N&B...when i heard rare was going to add a new twist to the series i was skeptical being the fan that i am. Around release i went out and bought As a child, banjo kazooie was the first game i ever really got into playing and it still stands as one of my favorites of all time, i was more than willing to pay 1200 microsoft points to enjoy a piece of my childhood once again...but then came N&B...when i heard rare was going to add a new twist to the series i was skeptical being the fan that i am. Around release i went out and bought the game despite the fact that i wasnt too thrilled about the innovation to begin with, to my surprise i was satisfied with the BK humor thats apparently still alive and well within this game but the vehicle creation turned me off, to this day i still want to give the game a chance but its proven hard. Expand
  54. MT
    Feb 22, 2009
    Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts once again catches the hearts of BK fans and improves on some features that were weak in Banjo-Tooie. This time around, however, when you compare the game to the original, it doesn't have the same feel. It focuses too much on vehicular gameplay, sometimes-chuggy controls and repetitiveness. It is certainly a much recommended game for Banjo fans and kids, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts once again catches the hearts of BK fans and improves on some features that were weak in Banjo-Tooie. This time around, however, when you compare the game to the original, it doesn't have the same feel. It focuses too much on vehicular gameplay, sometimes-chuggy controls and repetitiveness. It is certainly a much recommended game for Banjo fans and kids, but this game doesn't 100% appeal to the hardcore gamer. Expand
  55. RayraW
    Sep 13, 2009
    A refresher for the Banjo series, and it charms while it's at it. Although the drving can be a bit dodgy sometimes, N&B is a fantastic little platformer.
  56. Feb 20, 2015
    Banjo will always be a fun game for his puzzles and a certain level of difficulty. This game isn't hard and i have waited better graphics than from other games of series and a wonderfull story. The story was median even by pop references. The construction of cars was a good intention.
  57. Apr 30, 2015
    People need to stop concentrating on where this game came from, and what this game is, a great example of good sandbox with a decent story and well written characters.

With so many vehicle parts, places to go and people to see, Nuts & Bolts is going to be a game you keep going back to. Just getting to the end will require hours of commitment, but, it’s not like you need an excuse, right? Apart from a confusing premise (the story is a little bit weak) and the small text, this game is a massive success.
    The game's new vehicle-based emphasis will probably turn off some long-time fans, but I really enjoyed the game's premise. [Dec 2008, p.95]
  3. Banjo is back. A whole new adventure featuring several old friends and some new characters, but in a completely new world. It's great to see Banjo this well, as Nuts & Bolts is really funny, but the new gameplay is something users must get used to. Vehicles are fun, but not as much fun as they should be.