8.3

1. Oct 21, 2010
    A real classic. To be fair this game has a few small annoyances but none of these will really bother you if you're experienced with old-school gameplay styles (like me.) It's right up there with Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 on my list of great N64 games, possibly even surpassing both of them because it's just so much fun. Ignore the negative reviews like the one from Eurogamer if you love older platformers, because Banjo-Kazooie is one of the best. Expand
  2. Mar 26, 2012
    Quite possibly THE best retro 3D platformer you can get your hands on for 360. Now if only they could get Super Mario 64 on here......
    I played and completed both Kazooie & Tooie first and second time around and even though you can get them running smooth enough on emulators who wouldn't pay for this one again.
    Truly one of the classics from the 64bit era & I still have both in cartridge
    form for N64 Expand
  3. Sep 7, 2011
    Great N64 era game, memorable characters, great locations and a wise cracking bird.
    Only marred by a sometimes silly camera positioning...
    Recommend to All, Great game!
  4. Nov 17, 2012
    Back in 1998 when Rare was actually a video game company, they released Banjo - Kazooie, a platformer which could compete against Super Mario 64 and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time to be the best game on the system. 10 years later, this masterpiece has been re-released and it is as good as ever.

In a quest to save your little sister Tootie from the evil which Gruntilda, you take
    controll of Banjo and his trusty feathered companion Kazooie to stop her. In Gruntildas Lair which serves as a hub world, you will find world gates and a corresponding portrait. In each of the 9 distinct worlds, you will find 10 jigsaw pieces - or just "jiggies" - which are used to fill up a portrait to then unlock the next world. Clever puzzle solving and mad platforming skills has to be used to acquire these jiggies in each world. While the jiggies are the main collectible, this game has so many things to collect to help in your journey.

While the classic and marvelous soundtrack still sounds great today, the graphics has gotten an improvement. while the game still looks like an N64 game, it has gotten a very nice HD paint job. While it might not impress someone, it still looks very beautiful.

There is not a whole lot to say anymore. This downloadable game wont break the boundaries like it did 10 years ago, but it still can be considered to be at the top of its class,even among today's standard. The gameplay is spot on, the controlls are perfect, the envoirment is creative and beautiful, a memorable soundtrack and with tons of secrets and collectibles to find makes this game one of the most complete packages of all time. With new additions to the XBLA version being leaderboards and a fully intergrates Stop 'N' Swop function, Banjo-Kazooie will last you a long time and is among the best out there!
  5. May 22, 2012
    One of the best adventure arcades ever made. The graphic may be old compared to the modern games, but the fun is the same as in the N64. Absolutely must have.
  6. Jan 16, 2013
    Banjo Kazooie is one of my childhood favorites, but several problems hold this game back from being as great as the original release. 1. No note collecting penalty. When you die, the notes don't reset. This was either poorly influenced by Tooie or the result of a problem with leader boards. 2. The note glitch. It is possible that some notes will just disappear or never load in any save. This wouldn't be a problem if it happened early in the game, but it rears it's head in the final level which means you'll be spending another 2-8 hours replaying to get that achievement or complete the game 100%. 3. Jinjos can't be recollected. This and notes gave the game replay value without starting a new game on the N64, the lack of this feature is the final point holding it back from being a great remake. Expand
  7. Aug 3, 2013
    This game is not to great in my opinion. I love collectibles and this game is known for its collectibles, but the actual game play make it hard to enjoy the game as a whole. I feel that the game is very good game if you want to go on a collectible binge. The main problem I have with this game is that everyone has a cult following and loves this game and I can't figure out why. It has a few problems with it that I would consider nit picking like the side characters but the main problems are to big not to note. The first problem is that the worlds are way to big for there own good, second; the enemies are silly looking and that's really annoying to me, Mario has great enemies and are not silly looking for the most part but god knows that banjo-kazooie has some really dumb enemies, like the purple trolls or Sir Slush. Finally goggles is really useless outside of giving banjo and kazooie. Seriously he does nothing outside of teaching you how to spit eggs. That been said, there are parts of this game that are amazing for example Gruntilda is really great. She is silly but I like that about her. To may bad guys are crazy serious about there goal. In legend of zelda, all the bad guys are just monsters and know that they are not to be messed with, in banjo-kazooie however Gruntilda is just silly. Her goal is to be beautiful and that's it no world domination, no Genesis nothing but smooth skin and long curves for this evil witch. If the villain in this game is good then you know the hero has to be just as good and better. Banjo-kazooie is a great character they are for lack of a better term unique. At the time there were only a few good characters that had fur, this characters made the standard and even if the sequels were that wont make this game any worse but it will make this game end a little bit sad. I recommend this game to those who want a old game that changed a lot in games. Expand
  8. Aug 30, 2014
    First game i ever played and probably one of the best game i played too. Even if it has been a long time since the game was shipped, i would still put it in my top 5 favorite game because as a kid i spent hours and hours in front of my television trying to get every puzzle pieces in each world and to this day i still play it from time to time because it's such a good game.

1. With a solid level design, unique transformation mechanic, and plenty of loveable charm, Banjo- Kazooie still holds up well to the stringent of today's gaming market.
    Banjo-Kazooie is a great game for a kid to play around with, something that the 360 library is often lacking, but many people will find this style of gameplay outdated by modern standards.
  3. Varied controls, unique challenges, and kooky characters make this old-timer a worthwhile blast from the past. [Holiday 2008, p.73]