8.7

1. Jan 31, 2014
    A game that truly makes you feel like Batman. You have access to Batman's cool gadgets and combat skills in a game that features one of the best Batman stories of all time. With a lengthy campaign and plenty of bonus content to keep you coming back, this is enough to satisfy even the most demanding of Dark Knight fans. I'm just going to come out and say it, if you are a Batman fan and haveA game that truly makes you feel like Batman. You have access to Batman's cool gadgets and combat skills in a game that features one of the best Batman stories of all time. With a lengthy campaign and plenty of bonus content to keep you coming back, this is enough to satisfy even the most demanding of Dark Knight fans. I'm just going to come out and say it, if you are a Batman fan and have not yet played this game then you need to asap.

The game's story is amazing and filled to the brim with references to the Dark Knight's length history. Casual Batman fans will find plenty of recognizable faces, but the hardcore fans will be in for a real treat thanks to the constant references to obscure villains and other characters from the comics. My only complaint with the story is that some of the characters voice acting can come across as way too cheesy. You have several fantastic voice actors from the animated series reprising their roles who do a fantastic job, but then you have the occasional goofy voice actor who seems like a weird choice for the character and is at odds with the more mature story being told here. The voice actors of Killer Croc and Warden Sharp are the worst offenders. Still this is a minor issue and doesn't really detract from the excellent story.

Gameplay is finely tuned. The combat system here is excellent and truly makes you feel like the awesome combatant that Batman is. Excellent puzzles, boss battles, and exploration make this game an absolute blast. I love how new areas of the game open up as you gain new gadgets. The game also features surprisingly fun challenge modes and is one of the few games I've actually felt the need to find every collectible there is. Some minor camera and control responsiveness issues can show up from time to time, but for the most part everything is top-notch and shows an extremely high level of quality.

Like I said before if you have ever considered yourself a Batman fan then this is a must play. Batman hasn't been known for starring in good video games, but this is one of those titles that changes that rep. It provides hours of high-quality content that will make it hard to put down your controller. Heck, even if you aren't a Batman fan you should give this game a try.
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    In much the same way as the Dark Night set a new standard for comic book movies Batman: Arkham Asylum raises the bar for all superhero games to follow. The creators have faithfully reproduced the brooding atmosphere associated with the caped crusader fully immersing the player in the world they have created. Most importantly however the game allows full access to all of Batman's abilitiesIn much the same way as the Dark Night set a new standard for comic book movies Batman: Arkham Asylum raises the bar for all superhero games to follow. The creators have faithfully reproduced the brooding atmosphere associated with the caped crusader fully immersing the player in the world they have created. Most importantly however the game allows full access to all of Batman's abilities right from the outset, thankfully avoiding the common video game trick of having them slowly unlocked during play.

Much of the game is played in one of two ways. Firstly there are the out and out brawls that find Batman surrounded by groups of enemies. The controls are simple but very effective allowing for a brilliant flow of attacks and counter attacks that really makes the player feel like they are in control of a superhero. In between these brawls, usually when meeting enemies armed with guns, the player is able to make use of a greater variety of tricks. These 'stealth' sections require the player to stalk their enemies before unleashing a lightning fast attack and returning to the shadows without being spotted and are every bit as enjoyable as the regular combat.

Aside from the disappointingly generic final battle with the Joker the boss fights are also fairly imaginative helping to provide some variety to proceedings making for a truly fantastic video game.

The Game of the Year Edition provides four additional challenge maps (which I believe can also be downloaded from Xbox Live) as well as a very basic 3D mode that adds little to the game. As a result it is only worth purchasing if you don’t own the original already.
  3. Mar 14, 2013
    Excellent. Pretty much THE definitive Batman game. Rocksteady has made the best comic book video game of all time. I can not fault this game in any way, it is as close to perfect as a game can get.
  4. May 27, 2012
    A great solid game, was really fun. You really feel like batman. Best superhero game I've played.
  5. Feb 2, 2013
    The graphics aren't as good as the PC version, and the controls in combat are much more difficult and restricted compared to keyboard and mouse, but other than that this game is definitely among the best Xbox 360 games. The combat, the collectibles, the characters, the stealth, the gadgets and the challenge modes are all so innovative and executed flawlessly that it's easily a game toThe graphics aren't as good as the PC version, and the controls in combat are much more difficult and restricted compared to keyboard and mouse, but other than that this game is definitely among the best Xbox 360 games. The combat, the collectibles, the characters, the stealth, the gadgets and the challenge modes are all so innovative and executed flawlessly that it's easily a game to recommend to anyone regardless of their tastes in video games. What I love about the collectibles is that you can easily find them all without looking them up, yet you still have to work to get them. They're also quite fun to go for due to the variety. The achievements are done very well. Everything you do you get an achievement for, and there are no silly pointless ones. This game is just so high quality, so solid, so recommendable and so innovative. The only downside in my opinion is that it's a little too repetitive and lacks variety. The story is also REALLY BAD. Overall, Arkham Asylum is definitely a strong game with few flaws, however those that have played Arkham City or the PC version will find this to be a step backwards, and less enjoyable. If you've not played this game or Arkham City before, I can pretty much guarantee that you will not be dissapointed with this premium title. Expand
  6. Sep 11, 2011
    At long last, a developer who saved the Batman franchise crumbling to death, Batman Arkham Asylum is what Batman fans or super heroes fans want. Strong combat design makes every punch alive , nice detailed graphics is outstanding, Rock Steady did well in their attempt to save Mr. Bat
  7. Jan 19, 2012
    This is my favorite comic book based video game hands down. Arkham Asylum has a great story, great graphics, and a ton of replay value (its also rather addictive). A must play imo.
  8. Nov 15, 2011
    I played this game for countless hours, I loved it. Pretty much everything about it is perfect and this is really suprising considering its a Batman game.
  9. Sep 5, 2011
    Batman Arkham Asylum is a fun and worth while single player game managing to make good use of the Batman francise. The game play is fairly fun but eventually becomes too much of a button masher, while it does look cool to bash the crap out of a mob of bad dudes it unfortunately runs on autopilot most of the time. The story is pretty basic but works decently, the main problem I have with itBatman Arkham Asylum is a fun and worth while single player game managing to make good use of the Batman francise. The game play is fairly fun but eventually becomes too much of a button masher, while it does look cool to bash the crap out of a mob of bad dudes it unfortunately runs on autopilot most of the time. The story is pretty basic but works decently, the main problem I have with it is the same problem I have with most comic book 'franchises' in that as it is a franchise there never seems to be an end, we know that batman is never going to die (if he did they will just bring him back to life), he will never totally defeat his enemies either, they will always come back again and again which does water down the story's significance. Recommened. Expand
  10. Sep 2, 2012
    Playing the amazing Arkham city, I had to play this game! Arkham Asylum is also a amazing game. Well thought storyline, better story then arkham city. Characters are awesome, Joker and Harley looking good and Scarecrow looking wicked. Great gamepla as well. The downer to this game is that it has no replay value, I mean just like in arkham city I wanted to replay it with all my upgrades andPlaying the amazing Arkham city, I had to play this game! Arkham Asylum is also a amazing game. Well thought storyline, better story then arkham city. Characters are awesome, Joker and Harley looking good and Scarecrow looking wicked. Great gamepla as well. The downer to this game is that it has no replay value, I mean just like in arkham city I wanted to replay it with all my upgrades and gear. But other then that what a amazing game. Batman Arkham Asylum 9.3/10 Expand
  11. Feb 10, 2012
    I loved batman growing up, I was even obsessed with those horrible batman movies of the 90s, but this game was literally a dream come true. I felt like batman, it's so god damn authentic. The scarecrow parts are by far my favorite parts of the game, holy hell!
  12. Oct 19, 2013
    this game has a story mode and a combat system practically spotless, this game is based on one of the best super-heroes.the game has a different system but this game has side quests and it makes not much to do on your map.
  13. Jun 24, 2013
    Best super hero video game ever (well, until Arkham City came out). The graphics are great, the action/stealth gameplay is very well done, and the game immerses you into the world of Batman. The only issue with this game are the boss battles, which are repetitious and boring. A most own for all Batman fans.
  14. Jun 6, 2012
    An amazing Batman Adventure. With graphics that will make even the best games jealous, an original and unpredictable storyline, and an original game-play style, this game is no doubt a n intense Batman adventure. As you play, you feel as if you truly are Batman. Although be warned, this game is very, very hard, even on easy.
  15. Oct 11, 2013
    Best batman video game of all time really captures the experiences and feeling of being the bat, only downside is probably the fact that the controls are rather clunky at times and you cant increase the sensitivity of the controller still 10/10 would bang if it was a beautiful lady mmmmmmm
  16. Dec 4, 2012
    **** genius. Why coulnd't they make all superhero games like this? Fun doesn't begin to describe this game. It's just like **** you, this is the game to play. **** call of duty and all that bullshit," It's up there.
  17. Nov 9, 2011
    Generally, super hero games don't do well when transported into videogame form. Some have triumphed and some have failed but Arkham Asylum is a bloody triumph. This game does make you feel like you are Batman, the greatest superhero ever. It has a unique, surreal art style, the combat and stealth elements never outbalanced each other and as a result, has a really well rounded gameplay andGenerally, super hero games don't do well when transported into videogame form. Some have triumphed and some have failed but Arkham Asylum is a bloody triumph. This game does make you feel like you are Batman, the greatest superhero ever. It has a unique, surreal art style, the combat and stealth elements never outbalanced each other and as a result, has a really well rounded gameplay and the story is a batman fan's dream come true as not only it stays faithful to the comics and other media, it is told in such a careful pace, that you are hooked in after just a couple of minutes playing it. Expand
  18. Jun 13, 2011
    An amazing game let down by how stupidly easy is.Even on Hard,it's not challenging at all.Having said that though,it's a brilliant Batman game and I expect better from the sequel.
  19. Nov 8, 2011
    I picked this game up because of all of the Arkham City hype going on and I thought I would see what I missed out on Batman's first Arkham adventure from two years ago. I didn't miss anything. I've played enough of these games with Ninja Gaiden, God of War, and Splinter Cell that I don't find them enjoyable anymore and remembered why I passed on this one. It's just your basic hit the "A"I picked this game up because of all of the Arkham City hype going on and I thought I would see what I missed out on Batman's first Arkham adventure from two years ago. I didn't miss anything. I've played enough of these games with Ninja Gaiden, God of War, and Splinter Cell that I don't find them enjoyable anymore and remembered why I passed on this one. It's just your basic hit the "A" button until you get to your next cut-scene, mash the "X" button until everyone is defeated, and then figure out which particular object you need to use to move to the next area. This "trial and error" progression to make it through the next level is as old as the first Castlevanyia. I prefer the games that allow more than one way to complete a mission and allows improvising instead of resigning to the game developers single choice of progression. Why can't I use that particular duct work to swing over to an area when not to long ago I had to use a similiar duct work to progress before? This idiotic reasoning breaks the immersion of the story and constantly reminds you that you are only playing a game that has very limiting rules. These are the reasons why I stopped playing games like this about five years ago. I'm thankful that games have evolved into more engaging experiences like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redempton, and so on. And one more thing....whose idea was it to make a Batman that cannot disarm an enemy?! What are those weapons ducted-taped to their hands? Expand
  20. Jan 21, 2015
    This game is fun, but needs a lot of work.

PROS
    -Nice combat
    -good graphics

CONS
    -boring
    -poor story
    -long and confusing gameplay
    -bad controls
  21. Oct 22, 2014
    I don't really have much to say about this game apart from up un till Arkham City came out this was the best superhero game you could buy. Great story, voice acting and gadgets
  22. May 29, 2013
    A very good game. If you're a batman fan, you're going to love this. Fighting people is well done, stealth missions are great, all the villains were done well and storyline was good. Have to take off points for it's piss poor boss fights and it's lack of replay value. Otherwise, good game. Worth a buy.
  23. Nov 14, 2013
    This is one of the best Batman games and started a revolution when it released becoming the best super hero game ever to be created and I gave it a 9.8 out of 10.
  24. May 10, 2013
    Maybe the best (as welll as the only) comic-book based game I ever played. The combat/combo is extremely well-done and fun to play. You actually feel you are THE batman here. The story/level design is also unexpected excellent. The boss fights are interesting and i love all of them. But the game is too short and although I enjoy it I dont want to replay this game, which lowered the scoreMaybe the best (as welll as the only) comic-book based game I ever played. The combat/combo is extremely well-done and fun to play. You actually feel you are THE batman here. The story/level design is also unexpected excellent. The boss fights are interesting and i love all of them. But the game is too short and although I enjoy it I dont want to replay this game, which lowered the score of this game for me. Expand
  25. Jan 19, 2014
    Finally a videogame where we get to really feel what it's like to be Batman and it really has a depth that can be enjoyed by anyone but for Bat fans this game is heaven. The combat and stealth mechanics are balanced perfectly in a beautifully built world that gives insights into the world of the dark knight through its story and collectibles. The voice acting is of the high standard ofFinally a videogame where we get to really feel what it's like to be Batman and it really has a depth that can be enjoyed by anyone but for Bat fans this game is heaven. The combat and stealth mechanics are balanced perfectly in a beautifully built world that gives insights into the world of the dark knight through its story and collectibles. The voice acting is of the high standard of the 90s animated TV show and stars most of the cast who do a great job. This is a perfectly designed 3rd person action/adventure game with one of the most lovable characters (who's success in videogames should have come sooner as they are well matched) in modern pop culture and because of this Arkham Asylum earns my 2009 game of the year. Expand
  26. Sep 29, 2014
    A fantastic game!! everything is held together perfectly, the gameplay, the controls, EVERYTHING!! I absolutely loved this game, a fantastic opening to the arkham series, everything looks pretty swell for a game developed in 2009, I enjoyed the boss fights although they could have been expanded and found a bit of it repetitive, I loved the joker, mark hamill giving one of his most perfectA fantastic game!! everything is held together perfectly, the gameplay, the controls, EVERYTHING!! I absolutely loved this game, a fantastic opening to the arkham series, everything looks pretty swell for a game developed in 2009, I enjoyed the boss fights although they could have been expanded and found a bit of it repetitive, I loved the joker, mark hamill giving one of his most perfect performances yet. and I say this is a great way to go out on unless he'd like to return (spoilers, he did, one last time) I loved this game so much, the voice acting was great, the tools used were awesome and the upgrades were swell.. all that let me down was the boss fights that could have been expanded upon. Expand
  27. Apr 27, 2011
    9/10 = Amazing = The best superhero game of all time is either this or spiderman 2. This game is very sexy and was also one of the biggest gaming surprises ever.
  28. Oct 29, 2012
    This is certainly not a game for just Batman fans, comic fans or action fans; this is a game that everyone should play and thoroughly enjoy. It looks beautiful, plays like a dream and has a superb mix of action, stealth and detective elements. The combat is intuitive, flexible and surprisingly deep too. Give this game a go and you will not be pleasantly surprise, you will be blown away. AsThis is certainly not a game for just Batman fans, comic fans or action fans; this is a game that everyone should play and thoroughly enjoy. It looks beautiful, plays like a dream and has a superb mix of action, stealth and detective elements. The combat is intuitive, flexible and surprisingly deep too. Give this game a go and you will not be pleasantly surprise, you will be blown away. As someone that plays and sees a fair few average games, it made a nice change to have a title that I could not wait to have another go at. Expand
  29. Oct 18, 2011
    Batman: Arkham Asylum is a great game, I love this game! Everything about the game is just amazing! Arkham Asylum is like a great playground for Batman, you can use your gadgets to to explore the areas and traverse this place, unlocking many hidden goodies along the way. The control scheme is perfect, the way you can control Batman and how easily you can fight as the Caped CrusaderBatman: Arkham Asylum is a great game, I love this game! Everything about the game is just amazing! Arkham Asylum is like a great playground for Batman, you can use your gadgets to to explore the areas and traverse this place, unlocking many hidden goodies along the way. The control scheme is perfect, the way you can control Batman and how easily you can fight as the Caped Crusader deserves credit as you can flawlessly string together combos and effortlessly move Batman. The upgrades that you can acquire are all so amazing, you can use these tricks to decimate your enemies and explore the area much better. The characterization of Arkham Asylum is just amazing, Arkham Asylum is pumping out life as all the people and the environments have unique characteristics that make them stand out. The characters like Batman and The Joker all stand out with their unique characteristics and the Voice Acting for the characters is mind-blowing. I especially like the Joker as one of the greatest villains of all time because is character is so freaky that he sends chills up the spines of everyone. The graphics and visual detail is pretty amazing too, the whole area has SO MUCH detail. Batman has so much detail as his suit gets more worn and torn as the game progreses. That is cool, the developers obviously put a lot of effort into this snd the end result is an amazing game. The plot is also amazing as it keeps propelling you forwards and keeps you absorbed till the end, there were a few kinks in the plot, especially in the finale but that is a small dent in the overall package. The predator and combat moves are both amazing additions to Arkham Asylum that allow you to demonstrate you combat skill or your stealth skills. Overall Batman: Arkham Asylum is an amazing game, I highly reccomend playing it. If you decide not to play it because you think that just because it has Batman that it is stupid then you are mistaken because it is not. You only play as Batman and battle the Batman villains but everything else is just amazing. Arkham Asylum is a game worth playing, I loved this game just like GTA IV. Arkham Asylum is a must-play and it will help you be familiar with Arkham City. The game is amzing, I can't say anything else about it. Expand
  30. Jan 26, 2012
    Batman : Arkham Asylum, a game with simple combat system yet interesting and stylish. Not only that, the detective mode game-play really has it's fun. Stealth game play,ooooohh, I love hanging the enemies on the gargoyles. I mean, what more could you ask from a game? Conclusion, one hell of a great game. Don't think, play it.

1. What may be one of Batman’s worst nights of his life may end up being one of many players’ best experiences of the year.
  2. This is certainly not a game for just Batman fans, comic fans or action fans; this is a game that everyone should play and thoroughly enjoy. It looks beautiful, plays like a dream and has a superb mix of action, stealth and detective elements. The combat is intuitive, flexible and surprisingly deep too. Give this game a go and you will not be pleasantly surprise, you will be blown away.
  3. Batman Arkham Asylum is a product of absolute value that can count on a cast of colorful characters to build a great game, really fun. The greatest strengths of the production lie in the gameplay built around what are the real capabilities of Batman, mixing action and stealth section, but always related with the universe from which have been extrapolated. Rocksteady's game is certainly the new standard for understanding how produce games under license, adapting for videogaming the very spirit of this historic character.