Batman: Arkham Asylum Xbox 360

8.7

1. JohnnyT.
    Sep 24, 2009
    One of the best games I played in years! It's like the best elements of the original Metal Gear Solid combined with a fun fighting mechanic, awesome graphics and, well, Batman. I guess if you hate comic books and/or Batman this isn't for you but if you like the idea of a dark stealth action game that is very streamlined and fun to play and doesn't require too much trial and One of the best games I played in years! It's like the best elements of the original Metal Gear Solid combined with a fun fighting mechanic, awesome graphics and, well, Batman. I guess if you hate comic books and/or Batman this isn't for you but if you like the idea of a dark stealth action game that is very streamlined and fun to play and doesn't require too much trial and error check it out! Expand
  2. KumasiL
    Aug 30, 2009
    When i first heard about arkham asylum. I thought OMG please dont disapoint me. I love batman to death please do let this be some chessey batman game trying to be a bioshock or halo, but I was so wrong and happy from the time I played the demo until its midnight reless. I love this game and im playing it kind of slow because I don't want it to just be over and im in need of a part 2 When i first heard about arkham asylum. I thought OMG please dont disapoint me. I love batman to death please do let this be some chessey batman game trying to be a bioshock or halo, but I was so wrong and happy from the time I played the demo until its midnight reless. I love this game and im playing it kind of slow because I don't want it to just be over and im in need of a part 2 or the next big game. Thanks again Love the game. Please make a part 2 . If you love batman this is a must and i mean a must pick up. if you love action and adventure. this is a must. Just don't let batman be your sleeper hit like fallout 3 was for me. Expand
  3. Mobiusm.
    Sep 2, 2009
    Batman has action, space, music, fights, humour, babes, goons, villians, puzzles, scale, challenges, Nightmares, depth, and above all Gameplay. Batman is a very polished game and there is a OCD just to complete all of riddlers puzzles. This is the first Batman game I have played in the 30 years of gaming that actually lets you belive you are playing a comic book super hero and not some Batman has action, space, music, fights, humour, babes, goons, villians, puzzles, scale, challenges, Nightmares, depth, and above all Gameplay. Batman is a very polished game and there is a OCD just to complete all of riddlers puzzles. This is the first Batman game I have played in the 30 years of gaming that actually lets you belive you are playing a comic book super hero and not some movie licence. there is no reason to slate batman unless your a moody teenager that just wants to be different. Expand
  4. JelomeE.
    Oct 21, 2009
    Batman: Arkham Asylum is one of the best games I've played. Gameplay is fun and addictive, boss fights are great, and the Challenge Modes require each and every skill the player got.
  5. michaelm
    Oct 3, 2009
    The minute I got the game and started playing, I felt like I was batman. The free flowing combat system is excllent. You can take down ten of jokers men in 5 seconds. The villans are classic and badder than ever, For example, Riddler, Ivy, Bane, and my favorite Killer Croc. The gadgets in the game are helpful in puzzle solving, stealth, and combats. I feel you should go buy this game and The minute I got the game and started playing, I felt like I was batman. The free flowing combat system is excllent. You can take down ten of jokers men in 5 seconds. The villans are classic and badder than ever, For example, Riddler, Ivy, Bane, and my favorite Killer Croc. The gadgets in the game are helpful in puzzle solving, stealth, and combats. I feel you should go buy this game and see if you have what it takes to spend the night at Arkham Aslyum. Expand
  6. RickB
    Oct 7, 2009
    Batman Simulator. Best superhero game ever made. Combine Metal Gear Solid with Zelda and then wrap it in DC comics lore around Batman. You end up with the core mechanics and themes in the game. The execution in this one is non pereil.
  7. BobT.
    Aug 25, 2009
    This game kicks ass. F... Gamepros score of 80......what the f... do they know about video games? F... gamepro. Game informer kicks their ass and has always been 100x better.
  8. FernandoL
    Aug 26, 2009
    Arkham Asylum is easily the best Batman game so far, and maybe the best super hero game ever made. You really feel like Batman, using all of his famous gadgets and facing some of his old enemies. The Free Flow combat is interesting and it works perfectly. Rocksteady should work on a sequel. This is the GOTY.
  9. AndrewC.
    Aug 26, 2009
    I wish I could give this a 9.5 but a 10 will do because it surely is not just a 9 - I never thought I would give something a near perfect score. The game plys VERY well. I played it for the first time and the only reason I stopped was to sleep. It starts and never lets up. Very involving. When I saw all of the previews I thought well it will be good for what it is. It seemed high quality I wish I could give this a 9.5 but a 10 will do because it surely is not just a 9 - I never thought I would give something a near perfect score. The game plys VERY well. I played it for the first time and the only reason I stopped was to sleep. It starts and never lets up. Very involving. When I saw all of the previews I thought well it will be good for what it is. It seemed high quality but not my type of game. I was VERY wrong. Buy into the hype on this one! it is a really great game from graphics and storyline to gameplay mechanics and combat. I look forward to see more batman games from Rocksteady! Expand
  10. MattS
    Aug 28, 2009
    Been looking forward to this for ages and enjoyed the demo a lot. Am very happy with final product, though special edition not as good at it at first appeared. Main part is game though which is very good.
  11. MZ
    Aug 31, 2009
    In the future, all superhero games will be judged by this one. I don't know what kind of crack the people on here saying it's a 3/10 were smoking. The graphics are beautiful, the acting and writing are superb, and the feel is perfect Batman. I have played plenty of games in the past few years, but I have been missing that "I HAVE to finish this thing" vibe form most of them. I In the future, all superhero games will be judged by this one. I don't know what kind of crack the people on here saying it's a 3/10 were smoking. The graphics are beautiful, the acting and writing are superb, and the feel is perfect Batman. I have played plenty of games in the past few years, but I have been missing that "I HAVE to finish this thing" vibe form most of them. I have not been unable to put down a game like this since God of War 2 came out. I literally could not stop playing Arkham Asylum. Whether you enjoy action games or just love Batman, this is a must have. The only people who won't like this are the juvenile and immature gamers who think a great game has to have buckets of blood and gore, and have no patience for a well crafted story with lots of suspense and interesting gameplay. Expand
  12. ConradW
    Aug 30, 2009
    There is absolutely nothing about this game that doesn't shine through with polish from the developers. Its perfect in every way. If you are getting one game this summer, THIS GAME IS IT! Thank you Eidos and Warner Bros for this masterpiece!
  13. ToffeeO
    Sep 21, 2009
    two words to summarize: nearly flawless. thanks to these guys at rocksteady, now everyone expects games on this level to follow. scarecrow and croc are really scary even if you're grown up. this batman game retains all that's great about the comic, no fancy superpowers just grade-a technology and martial arts. one of only two games that made me collect all 1000 achievement two words to summarize: nearly flawless. thanks to these guys at rocksteady, now everyone expects games on this level to follow. scarecrow and croc are really scary even if you're grown up. this batman game retains all that's great about the comic, no fancy superpowers just grade-a technology and martial arts. one of only two games that made me collect all 1000 achievement points in a game! Expand
  14. MattT
    Sep 4, 2009
    It could have had this it could have had that blah blah. Nitpicking when really games just don't get much more fun than this. So well presented and above all I felt like I was actually in a Batman comic, that is the greatest praise I can give.
  15. LandonS.
    Sep 5, 2009
    I hate superhero games and never really liked batman until Christian Bale rekindled the movies. Could care less for any comic let alone batman/superman ones. Absolutely loved every minute of this game and was so let down when I beat it only because its over! They really captured what it would feel like to be a badass batman and made it really fun along the way.
  16. JacquesL
    Oct 2, 2009
    This game is amazing. It combines alot of elements from some of my favorite games. From stealth, to adventure, to action, Batman: AA rules in them all. But let me warn you - the boss battles aren't all that great. But, let aside the very few cons and Batman: AA is going to be a buy.
  17. WesE
    Oct 8, 2009
    As stated before, Arkham Asylum is simply the best superhero game ever made. Incredible combat, a great story, top notch presentation, and hours of collectibles and challenge maps. The level of detail is incredible, from Batman's costume ripping and facial hair growing throughout the campaign to the Joker's taunts changing when you repeatedly die in the same area. This game As stated before, Arkham Asylum is simply the best superhero game ever made. Incredible combat, a great story, top notch presentation, and hours of collectibles and challenge maps. The level of detail is incredible, from Batman's costume ripping and facial hair growing throughout the campaign to the Joker's taunts changing when you repeatedly die in the same area. This game thinks of everything, and it really makes you feel like Batman. Expand
  18. JeffL.
    Aug 25, 2009
    You just can't ask for more out of a game. In a lot of ways Batman simply incorporates successful elements from other popular games (free running from Assassin's Creed, platforming from Tenchu, Stealth and "goggle vision" from Metal Gear Solid, enjoyability and high quality story/cinematics/production like Bioshock, and more...). But then the real success is achieved when all You just can't ask for more out of a game. In a lot of ways Batman simply incorporates successful elements from other popular games (free running from Assassin's Creed, platforming from Tenchu, Stealth and "goggle vision" from Metal Gear Solid, enjoyability and high quality story/cinematics/production like Bioshock, and more...). But then the real success is achieved when all the elements listed above as well as several additional novel ideas are perfectly molded into Batman's character and how he would really act. No joke, you do feel like Batman and it is insanely satisfying when you do his job well. This is the best release from the past few months and easily one of the best games that will be released this year. Expand
  19. GlennD
    Aug 26, 2009
    I was only expecting this to be as good as the demo, and I really enjoyed the demo but after I started playing it simply blew me away I havent even played DEM BONES or as the Joker in the challenge maps because the story is soo good I cant quit playing.Easy one of the very best this year.GREAT JOB ROCKSTEADY!!!!
  20. AnonymousMC
    Aug 27, 2009
    No, the other reviews are not embellishing. Yes, the game is that good. No, I have not been drinking the kool aid. All the gameplay, graphic, and audio elements come together to truly make you feel like you are Bats (as the Joker now has me calling him), and it's a blast to experience. Best game I've played all year, and a serious contender for GOTY come Jan 2010.
  21. NelsonZ.
    Aug 27, 2009
    Best Batman Game ever made. Love the cast that is in this game. Makes other past Batman games look like they were made for preschoolers. Will not get tired of this game.
  22. JoseV.
    Aug 31, 2009
    This game is complete rape. The inovation and take down possibilities are endless. The freeflow combat is also very tight and effective in making you feel like the dark knight.
  23. JoostP
    Aug 31, 2009
    Batman: Arkham Asylum has perfect pacing and gameplay. The game really makes you feel like you are Batman and everything is based around that. The Riddler's challenges will keep you busy for a while after you finish the game and then you can also finish all the Challenge maps! Great game with great value!
  24. DanteO
    Aug 30, 2009
    This game has very few flaws, and none of them are gamebreaking or even large issues. Everything just has a ton of polish on it, and the various concepts in the game are just fantastic. Scarecrow's nightmares are incredibly surreal, Killer Croc's area has amazing tension during the whole sequence, and every area just has a life of its own. Throw in a challenge mode that actually This game has very few flaws, and none of them are gamebreaking or even large issues. Everything just has a ton of polish on it, and the various concepts in the game are just fantastic. Scarecrow's nightmares are incredibly surreal, Killer Croc's area has amazing tension during the whole sequence, and every area just has a life of its own. Throw in a challenge mode that actually adds to the game (improving your Freeflow skills, or making you a better invisible predator) and you've got 2009's GOTY, no contest. Expand
  25. JohnS
    Aug 30, 2009
    Outside of a few little oddities, the game is nearing perfection for defining Batman game, and will be the bar as to which all future superhero games are measured for years to come. Half Batman: The Animated Series, half Batman: The Dark Knight, makes the perfect game for anyone to enjoy.
  26. JohnnyD
    Aug 31, 2009
    Exhilarating from start to finish and incredibly addictive engrossing and simple for batman newbies yet enough fan service for the hardcore. You won't want to put it down until you've solved all 240 riddles!
  27. KeenanS
    Aug 30, 2009
    Certainly the best game of this year so far. The graphics are AMAZING, a former user reviewer claimed the graphics were "ok" I think this is down to 1. his own xbox or 2. his tv (maybe it isn't HD or HDMI). Certainly the best Super-Hero game to bless the xbox 360. The controls are very well layed out and give you enough time to counter, make stunning combos... many different combos. Certainly the best game of this year so far. The graphics are AMAZING, a former user reviewer claimed the graphics were "ok" I think this is down to 1. his own xbox or 2. his tv (maybe it isn't HD or HDMI). Certainly the best Super-Hero game to bless the xbox 360. The controls are very well layed out and give you enough time to counter, make stunning combos... many different combos. I haven't noticed a glitch yet. There is alot of bonus content to last you a good few hours. The story is very fluent and always keeps you guessing. The baddies are all implemented in different ways. The way the scarecrow was introduced was a matter of genious! This game deserves a 10/10 and it is rightfully given. Expand
  28. AdR
    Aug 31, 2009
    Endlessly fun, thrilling and inventive. At last, a game that makes me feel like a superhero when I play it.
  29. ChrisR
    Aug 30, 2009
    This game is awesome. I'm only about 30% through the game, but I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute so far. The graphics are phenomenal, the detective mode is innovative, and all the different things Batman can do make the game so much fun. I think there is a lot of re-play value to this game. In my opinion, it's one of the best games made for the XBOX 360.
  30. juliusk
    Sep 11, 2009
    Genius game just genius great story great motion graphics. some poor voice acting but most of it were brilliant. every single second of it is thrilling and very interesting best story in a game since BIOSHOCK.

1. What may be one of Batman’s worst nights of his life may end up being one of many players’ best experiences of the year.
  2. This is certainly not a game for just Batman fans, comic fans or action fans; this is a game that everyone should play and thoroughly enjoy. It looks beautiful, plays like a dream and has a superb mix of action, stealth and detective elements. The combat is intuitive, flexible and surprisingly deep too. Give this game a go and you will not be pleasantly surprise, you will be blown away.
  3. Batman Arkham Asylum is a product of absolute value that can count on a cast of colorful characters to build a great game, really fun. The greatest strengths of the production lie in the gameplay built around what are the real capabilities of Batman, mixing action and stealth section, but always related with the universe from which have been extrapolated. Rocksteady's game is certainly the new standard for understanding how produce games under license, adapting for videogaming the very spirit of this historic character.