7.8

1. Apr 4, 2013
    Got this yesterday, couldn't put it down. Incredibly addicting with a nice learning curve no platforming fan should miss this.

Controls, the tightest I've had for a plat former since super meat boy. Great art style Hilarious and quirky sense of humor with a great story Level editor and community content Many different modes to play Incredible 4 player coop Massive

Controls, the tightest I've had for a plat former since super meat boy.

Great art style

Hilarious and quirky sense of humor with a great story

Level editor and community content

Many different modes to play

Incredible 4 player coop

Massive customization options

Yea buy this, its even more perfect and bursting with content than Castle Crashers, the Behemoth's last game
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    Following from the success of their top rated XBLA game "Castle Crashers", The Behemoth manages to reinvent the tired genre of platforming and makes something beautiful out of it. The presentation of the game is top notch with a hilarious narrator (that surprisingly never gets old) and music that all fits in perfectly to the quirky humor and unique art style of Dan Paladin.

The game

The game offers a lengthy story campaign that can be played solo or with a buddy, for multiplayer there is plenty of content to keep a party laughing the whole time as you backstab your friends over and over again in the name of comedy or compete with each other on 2 vs 2 in their own take of basketball, king of the hill, golden whale, and many more. When there's no friends around and you try to find something else to do, there is always online play, time trials or my personal favorite, the level editor. The tools in the level editor are robust, easy to use and definitely have a sense of achievement when you get your friends to try out your masterpiece (especially if they enjoy it).

For 1200 points ($15), this game goes far and beyond the average XBLA game to provide you with a full package of both single player and multiplayer content, highly recommend it.
  3. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is amazingly blended and combines the elements of puzzle, action, comedy, and parkour so smoothly. Consisting of an amazing (and stupidly hilarious) storyline, in depth level editor, and great multi-player, this is easily one of the Behemoth's best products yet.

The money system works on gems and yarn, which are assorted through each level. With these, you can buy new faces or tools and weapons. I instantly found myself scanning every corner of every level to find more gems for that new, random face.

This game is only 15 dollars and worth the price for sure. With the ability to play other gamers' playlists the replayability is infinite. I think anyone who buys this game will have a joyous time.
  4. Apr 10, 2013
    This is the best arcade game I have ever played. The single player is addicting and challenging at the same time. The multiplayer can be played for hours and i wont get bored. The creators of Castle Crashers did a great job with this one too. 9/10
  5. Apr 5, 2013
    Brilliant and addicting. The sense of humor is there, the campaign (both singleplayer and multi) are absolutely flawless, and co-op/versus are a blast. AI is kind of dull, however and provide no true challenge.
  6. Apr 7, 2013
    A highly enjoyable plat-former from the very talented people behind Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid. Much of the humor revolves around poop and farts, but to the immaturity in all of us, you'll laugh, I know I did. As levels progress new elements are added and old ones are extended, you get a satisfied feeling after beating each level, similar to when playing portal. There are tons ofA highly enjoyable plat-former from the very talented people behind Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid. Much of the humor revolves around poop and farts, but to the immaturity in all of us, you'll laugh, I know I did. As levels progress new elements are added and old ones are extended, you get a satisfied feeling after beating each level, similar to when playing portal. There are tons of collectibles and extra things to do. The $15 price tag is very justified and like Castle Crashers, it will be played for quite some time to come. Expand
  7. Apr 5, 2013
    The multiplayer in this game is amazing fun it's platforming multiplayer at its best. While I loved the addition of multiplayer to Mario games there's just something about them that is a bit... off. you have to share the screen, when you jump on each other it almost always results in the other persons death and subsequent placement in the immunity bubble of doom, it gets annoying reallyThe multiplayer in this game is amazing fun it's platforming multiplayer at its best. While I loved the addition of multiplayer to Mario games there's just something about them that is a bit... off. you have to share the screen, when you jump on each other it almost always results in the other persons death and subsequent placement in the immunity bubble of doom, it gets annoying really quickly and it becomes prefferable to play by yourself or just leave the other person in their bubble as long as possible. with this game cooperation is critical and so much fun, with plenty of opportunity to be a prankster while never punishing you too badly. GO BUY IT its so worth the money. This is one of the largest arcade games ive ever seen and I have a ton of them. It was over a Gig of content for about 15 bucks that along with a robust level editor this game is totally worth the money. Everything in this game oozes style and attention to detail. Expand
  8. Apr 9, 2013
    With a fantastic narrator and creative characters, this game is incredibly addictive with hours of fun with friends and family. despite the odd AI hiccup this game is worth buying for hours of fun
  9. Aug 4, 2013
    This game is an absolute masterpiece. Hilarious, creative and stupid fun! Way better than Castle Crashers and Castle crashers was great. Hatty Hattington rules!!!!
  10. Apr 14, 2013
    Its rare you find a game that can actually pull off a balance of humor and brilliant game play, but Battle Block Theater does both with a style all to its own. If you've ever loved any platformer of any kind, likely, you'll also love this game. It has a fun and engaging single player, but really you'll have a killer time playing with friends. There are so many tons of levels and evenIts rare you find a game that can actually pull off a balance of humor and brilliant game play, but Battle Block Theater does both with a style all to its own. If you've ever loved any platformer of any kind, likely, you'll also love this game. It has a fun and engaging single player, but really you'll have a killer time playing with friends. There are so many tons of levels and even more unlockables, with more user created levels on the way. Check out the demo and from the silly/hilarious intro story to the creative and surprising fun level design, you'll likely be hooked. Expand
  11. Apr 18, 2013
    Very fun game to play, especially when you're with friends. So far I've played several levels and I'm having a blast. One aspect that definately adds to the fun factor of this game is the humour. This game is hilarious. From the opening cutscene (which is honestly the funniest thing I've ever seen in a game) throught the rest of the game the developers are trying to make you laugh. It'sVery fun game to play, especially when you're with friends. So far I've played several levels and I'm having a blast. One aspect that definately adds to the fun factor of this game is the humour. This game is hilarious. From the opening cutscene (which is honestly the funniest thing I've ever seen in a game) throught the rest of the game the developers are trying to make you laugh. It's fantastic and helps the game feel like it's less about getting your money and more about helping you have fun. Expand
  12. May 29, 2014
    I brutally murdered my brothers by letting them get crushed and then burned to death by a sea of hot sticky bubble gum like substance stuffs and then brought a fancy new hat :D.

10/10, would bang
  13. Apr 30, 2013
    I think this is my favorite XBLA game next to Castle Crashers. From its unique humor to its rising difficulty with progression, BattleBlock Theater is a game worth buying, and even more fun with your friends. You collect a bunch a gems within the levels of a abandoned looking theater run but villainous cats and are forced to be their performance puppet. Never that collecting items wouldI think this is my favorite XBLA game next to Castle Crashers. From its unique humor to its rising difficulty with progression, BattleBlock Theater is a game worth buying, and even more fun with your friends. You collect a bunch a gems within the levels of a abandoned looking theater run but villainous cats and are forced to be their performance puppet. Never that collecting items would ever be so fun and to top it all off, the games voiceover artist and narrator is Stamper himself, thats right, STAMPER! from Newgrounds and Youtube. Multiplayer also has some fun games to play is really an enjoyment. This is an amazing game and It is definitely worth your Microsoft points, I promise you. Once again, If you loved Castle Crashers, you're gonna love this game either more or just as much.

1 point off because the combat system as a small delay which is annoying at most times, but I got over it.
  14. Apr 17, 2013
    This is a tight platformer with an insanely hilarious narrator, lots of costumes that are easy to earn, super-fun and hectic MP arena matches, and lots of style to boot. The level editor is excellent... I mean, there is a lot of quality content here. especially recommended if you are a platformer fan. I love it.
  15. Apr 16, 2013
    I think behemoth is one of the most humorous and funny game developers out there, and i can't wait for their next game, they had done an outstanding job with castle crashers. But this?!?!?! it's entirely something else, i am a passionate chicken when it comes to this game. I love how Dan Paladin is able to create a world in such amazing detail with only a pencil (that's right they are allI think behemoth is one of the most humorous and funny game developers out there, and i can't wait for their next game, they had done an outstanding job with castle crashers. But this?!?!?! it's entirely something else, i am a passionate chicken when it comes to this game. I love how Dan Paladin is able to create a world in such amazing detail with only a pencil (that's right they are all hand drawn graphics) and there is alot to unlock which is almost always great. Multiplayer is great, and there are alot of bonus features and such to sweeten the load. Although combat is a little stiff. It's defintely got some secrets to it aswell, no spoilers, but they are pretty hard to find. All in all i think this was alot of fun to play, and pug prisoner FTW. Definitly recommended and is an essential piece in any gamer's (or platformer gamer's) shelf. Expand
  16. May 11, 2013
    Quite a lot of levels and stuff to do with friends. There is also a simple "forge" mode to make levels and stuff for your friends and the world to try. There are two main reasons I only give this a 9. The in game currency is based on new levels played so if you're replaying it with a friend its not for the money. Also some levels are confusing, very hard or impossible if you do oneQuite a lot of levels and stuff to do with friends. There is also a simple "forge" mode to make levels and stuff for your friends and the world to try. There are two main reasons I only give this a 9. The in game currency is based on new levels played so if you're replaying it with a friend its not for the money. Also some levels are confusing, very hard or impossible if you do one thing wrong. Other than that, the cut-scenes are funny and man insane mode is crazy. Expand
  17. Jun 3, 2013
    A truly entertaining game from the warped, delightfully juvenile minds of The Behemoth. It's hard to stop laughing throughout the game, especially when you're playing with a friend. The puzzles are smartly designed, there are hundreds of characters and there are plenty of other modes to keep the replay value up. Insane mode is no joker, either.

I was disappointed that only two people

I was disappointed that only two people can play the story together, but otherwise, a super-fun game.
  18. Jun 4, 2013
    Love this game... The story line is amusing & well worth a play, the online games are bundles of fun.
    I would recommend this game to anyone.

The relation to Castle Crashers is a good add on & the online co-op is hilarious.

Some of the mistakes me & friends have made have had me in laughter for hours.

For £12 i dont think you can go wrong!!
  19. Jun 19, 2013
    Battleblock Theater is easily one of the most addicting and entertaining arcade games Xbox Live had to offer. The story is hilarious, and the gameplay is an amazing blend of action, puzzle, and parkour. Everything down to the backgrounds of the levels are filled with comedy. This is by far the Behemoth's best product. With an extensive level editor and unlimited levels to play by yourBattleblock Theater is easily one of the most addicting and entertaining arcade games Xbox Live had to offer. The story is hilarious, and the gameplay is an amazing blend of action, puzzle, and parkour. Everything down to the backgrounds of the levels are filled with comedy. This is by far the Behemoth's best product. With an extensive level editor and unlimited levels to play by your fellow Xbox Live members, the game has unlimited replay value. There is also an awesome multiplayer which if all else fails can keep the player entertained for an hour or 2.

This game is definently worth your 15 dollars. You won't be disappointed.

Overall 10

Story 10
    Level Design 10
    Multiplayer 9
    Level Editor Music Other Features 10
  20. Aug 10, 2013
    this game is the best game ever made #FREEHATTY! i'm getting out of hand this game is like mario but with a story... a really good story like portal story and with a funny ending not going to say what it is. anyway it has good gameplay, smooth art-styles 10-10 10-10 done
  21. Feb 22, 2014
    At around launch I finished single player in about a week. I played the beta too and even got one of my friends on the beta. He hardly touched it. About 2 weeks after launch I kept hearing that the multiplayer is the best feature. I wanted my friends to actually buy it so I invited them over. We all got frustrated at each other at points but we were all having fun. The trolling was soAt around launch I finished single player in about a week. I played the beta too and even got one of my friends on the beta. He hardly touched it. About 2 weeks after launch I kept hearing that the multiplayer is the best feature. I wanted my friends to actually buy it so I invited them over. We all got frustrated at each other at points but we were all having fun. The trolling was so balanced and the game drove us to actually play it at times. My friends weren't fans of the arena games because I was a lot better than them. It was fun to watch and have my friends play each other. this game can get someone really pissed off but in the end they both bought the game. Single player is a blast for the story. The comedy is their, and Stamper who narrates the game almost makes it. Replay value is strong at first but you are highly likely to stop playing after 2 months. The game feels like a Nintendo game because it is a fun game, but even better with friends. This is reccamended buy for anyone. Even if you are the type of person to play Call Of Duty and **** like that I bet you will enjoy this game. Expand
  22. Mar 4, 2014
    I dont play the game but my 3 yr old son does. He loves it and hes super smart at it, taught himself to play! We only have the Demo for now but im suremi will buy it for him.

1. May 22, 2013
    The Behemoth's follow-up to Castle Crashers has been well worth the wait. [Issue#98, p.79]
  2. May 20, 2013
    The surprisingly lengthy co-op mode does not experience this fatigue, and coupled with the replayability of the other multiplayer options means there's a lot of fun to be had. [Issue#135, p.117]
  3. May 13, 2013
    A pleasant and hard (in a fair way) platformer, but I think authors should have left out the enemies and the means to fight them, because they introduce unwanted chaos and the sense of losing full control over the character. [CD-Action 06/2013, p.78]