Battlefield 1943 Xbox 360

7.9

1. mikesid
    Jul 8, 2009
    its pretty good, but bad company is cheaper than this now, has many more maps, including 2 extra free map packs, better weapons, better vehicles, & is more fun. the graphics may look cleaner now, but are actually less detailed. i do like the idea of releasing what DICE admitted is basically a tech demo on live arcade, but i kinda wish id saved my cash to put towards bad company 2, which isits pretty good, but bad company is cheaper than this now, has many more maps, including 2 extra free map packs, better weapons, better vehicles, & is more fun. the graphics may look cleaner now, but are actually less detailed. i do like the idea of releasing what DICE admitted is basically a tech demo on live arcade, but i kinda wish id saved my cash to put towards bad company 2, which is out in a few months, & should offer something fresher (i hope!) Expand
  2. DanyCBM
    Sep 20, 2009
    Ero molto curioso, dopo aver provato la demo, di comprare il gioco e buttarmi in battaglia. Così ho fatto.
    Le prime ore di gioco le ho passate cercando di capire chi fossi, contro chi dovessi combattere, a chi sparare e a chi no... poi ho capito chi ero e a chi sparare, ma non quali fossero i miei obiettivi! Dopo molte ore di gioco ho inquadrato la situazione iniziando a divertirmi, ma non levandomi dalla testa che qualche "cheater" (sperando si scriva così) stia infestando i campi di battaglia.
    Insomma, tanto caos ma anche del divertimento con la costante sensazione che io, in questa battaglia, che ci sia o meno, potrò far poco per la mia fazione.
  3. BrandynP
    Jul 11, 2009
    I have played every BF game that has ever come out since the original 1942 inception, I just recently picked up BF1943 on my 360 and I am honestly slightly disappointed. I have always been a fan of Battlefield games in general because I love the freedom of play they offer and I also like the variety of maps, classes and vehicles. BF1943 pails in comparison to its granddaddy, as it lacks I have played every BF game that has ever come out since the original 1942 inception, I just recently picked up BF1943 on my 360 and I am honestly slightly disappointed. I have always been a fan of Battlefield games in general because I love the freedom of play they offer and I also like the variety of maps, classes and vehicles. BF1943 pails in comparison to its granddaddy, as it lacks some key elements that made the original and its successors so great. Bf1943 does not have APC's, Submarines, Battleships or the ability to pilot any of the aircraft carriers. The game does however have Tanks, Jeeps, AA guns, Machine gun posts and a barely controllable Air Raid component. I know that ship control is not a necessary component but it was an awesome feature in regards to the original. I loved coordinating the ships around the islands and it was great fun being on a ship someone else was driving and manning the cannons. Nothing was sweeter than sneaking up to a ship with the sub and shoving a torpedo up its butt. The greatest thing about the original idea was there were battles at Land, Air and Sea. BF1943 offers us the ability to fight in the air and on land but the battles at sea have been limited to pea shooter fights with the available patrol boats. The airplanes don't even double up anymore, the free Battlefield Heroes at least lets 2 people sit on the wings! Bf1943 only comes with 3 maps and one mode of play, this is a serious misstep as many fans didn't even play the conquest mode let alone for the whole time they played the game. If you are a fan of CTF, TDM or Objective, you are out of luck because this game will not satisfy your multiple mode needs. There is a new map that will be unlocked shortly after the community reaches 43 million kills but even that map is airplanes only. I keep thinking that we are all being sold short in regards to BF1943 only because there should be more modes, more content at least for 15 bucks! Everyone states it is such a great deal. Sure, this new BF is one of the best arcade offerings to date but the COD:WAW beta only had 3 maps and that was free, at least for a few months. SO in short, I feel like I am playing an online demo or a beta, but instead I have paid for this product and I somehow feel like I did not get my moneys worth. This game should have come with at least 5 maps, that sounds reasonable for an arcade title as the original BF1942 came with 18 maps and I only paid 59.99 for that title. The thing I do not like about this game is the fact that everyone is stating that this is a "Full Battlefield Experience". I consider this a misrepresentation of this title as it is NOT a full BF experience. If this game was a true BF experience, it would have come with much more options, vehicle control and at least a few more maps and modes. I know we will be seeing more DLC in the future, but I still feel like we have all been had. Hopefully Bad Company 2 will satiate my need for some TRUE BF goodness. Expand
  4. DanJ.
    Jul 17, 2009
    The game feels like it was rushed to be put on Xbox Live. There are a ton of obvious bugs that anyone would find after playing the game for more than 5 minutes. Planes blow up if their wing brushes against the leaf of a tree, tanks explode after being hit by enemy rifles, players easily survive explosions and missiles- there's just too much crap to list. If you can somehow look past The game feels like it was rushed to be put on Xbox Live. There are a ton of obvious bugs that anyone would find after playing the game for more than 5 minutes. Planes blow up if their wing brushes against the leaf of a tree, tanks explode after being hit by enemy rifles, players easily survive explosions and missiles- there's just too much crap to list. If you can somehow look past all of the bugs (which, to me, would be impossible), the rest of the game is moderately fun. The different classes don't seem to have any distinct roles for themselves- it's pretty much just kill people and stand at a flag, but that part is still fun if you work with your team. All in all, this game would be MUCH better if the developers had taken the time to fix up the game before releasing it in this nearly-crippled state. There are better uses for $15, but this game can be fun if you try hard enough to make it fun. Expand
  5. Aug 30, 2010
    This game is a remake of the old game, battlefield 1942. There is a level progression but only 3 classes. This game is good but gets boring fast. whicg is why if you are reading this at this point you should get battlefield bad company 2. Much better game.
  6. Mar 19, 2011
    This game was fun for the first 10 games, but it got old fast. There's no depth. It's just the same game type over and over and tanks are over powered.
  7. Nov 23, 2012
    Not a bad game for the money. I would get BF BC2 instead since its really cheap these days. This game is ok, I had alot of fun playing it before I got BC2. I still play it ever now and then but the controls are a little different so I dont play it much. I would recommend this maybe, but BC2 is better and not much higher in price.
  8. Oct 20, 2015
    Fun little game. Not too much to it. Kind of confusing air combat but it was fun to just goof around in. Definitely a game where playing with friends is necessary.

1. What you get, really, is Battlefield at its most pure. [Aug 2009, p.71]
  2. GamePro
    With satisfaction always within reach, Battlefield 1943 makes for an addictive online experience. [Aug 2009, p.79]
  3. A perfectly sized, expertly-crafted romp, Pacific gives other download games their marching orders. [Aug 2009, p.97]