Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Xbox 360

7.3

1. Ryencoke
    Apr 12, 2006
    The game was horrible compared the the Computer version. Never wasting my money again on this game. EA games yet again, has managed to screw up a good game. This isn't the 99th time that they've done it, it's about the 100th. EA you guys are horrid.
  2. KevinN
    Feb 5, 2007
    I rented this game from the video store without knowing what it was. I am the type that wants to be at least decent at single player before venturing into multiplayer. The single player campaign mode is a joke and an embarrassment to EA. After one session I planned to never play the title again.

Eventually I tried the multiplayer and fell in love with this game. The kids are upset because I'm hogging the Xbox 360 and they can't play Need for Speed. The wife is upset with me because the kids are tearing apart the house while I am glued to the television. This is like crack for the 360!

Now I am on a business trip and suffering withdrawl. Luckily I read the comments that BF2 for the PC is BETTER! I have a new mission to get that game TODAY and somehow get it on my business laptop. Job? What job?

I would take issue with the red dot that shows your location to the enemy. You can pick the best hiding spot there is but someone can see where you are from a mile away.

I have not experienced any lag at all using the wireless antenna for the 360 into my LinkSys router, although I can't use the microphone more often than not. But it might be a problem on my end as I haven't tried to use the microphone with any other game.
  3. JamesS.
    Mar 7, 2008
    This game is the best game I have ever played aside from the glitchen and the team killen and the server issues this is the best game since Atari I think.
  4. KrisPickarts
    Mar 7, 2006
    Yes. The jump from the pc to the xbox and now to the 360. EA is getting a lot of points for this. BF 2 is the perfect game for the 360. The online capabilities are amazing and with the upgrades like new units, more weapons, and we might be seeing more vehicles like jets. A definite buy.
  5. JackJ.
    Apr 11, 2006
    This game is amazing. The ability to choose a class and the size of the maps in multiplayer make this instantly a classic. There are many great maps and different choices for gametypes. The campaign isn't as good, but battlefield has never been about the campaign it's all about the multiplayer and that is great!
  6. MartinJ.
    Apr 16, 2006
    For some reason there is a big difference between the movies that came out before the release and the images on my HDTV. I can live with that but still I brought the game back to my local game store. Why? I refuse to pay $60 for a producht that has not been finished: it's full with bugs (tanks that "hang" in the air after driving over an empty barrel, places where you get stuck in an For some reason there is a big difference between the movies that came out before the release and the images on my HDTV. I can live with that but still I brought the game back to my local game store. Why? I refuse to pay $60 for a producht that has not been finished: it's full with bugs (tanks that "hang" in the air after driving over an empty barrel, places where you get stuck in an level and have to commit suicide, weapons (C4) that wont work) and the servers of EA do not function either. This game had so much more potential, but because of the bugs it turns out to be less enjoyable than the xbox version of this title. If you want to try this title, wait untill it's not a full price title anymore. Until than, enjoy GRAW. Expand
  7. HebrewH.
    Apr 22, 2006
    Wow, way to go EA. Not only did you ignore the servers on the XBox version but now you've done it again. Game is far to glitchy and laggy for what I expect out of a next gen game . Save yourself the pain and rent first and then never play it again. I like many others are done with EA.
  8. LeonB.
    Apr 4, 2006
    An incredibly addicting game, unfortunately the xbox version was riddled with problems that neither Xbox or EA customer support would acknowledge. Everything worked great until they updated the game with additional levels on Dec. 22 2005. After the update the game would crash contstantly on loading rendering an otherwise great game completely unplayable. I will not be giving EA my money An incredibly addicting game, unfortunately the xbox version was riddled with problems that neither Xbox or EA customer support would acknowledge. Everything worked great until they updated the game with additional levels on Dec. 22 2005. After the update the game would crash contstantly on loading rendering an otherwise great game completely unplayable. I will not be giving EA my money again for the 360 version after that fiasco. I spent literally hours on the phone with CS from both companies before calling it quits, as did the rest of my clan who no longer play this game. Expand
  9. DavidS.
    May 8, 2006
    Everybody is all upset that the campaign mode isnt all that great but the online multiplayer is the best that the xbox and xbox 360 has ever seen... yes i just said itd better than halo... the online problem is some people gettogether and cheat to rank up.... but all in all is the best there is.
  10. JeremyR.
    Jun 9, 2006
    This game was not made for the single player mode. The online play is incredible. I have never caught lag, and best of all I dont have to deal with those kids screaming obscenities all the time like on halo.
  11. ave
    Aug 21, 2006
    The multiplayer is awesome. The best i've seen ever. I think critics have given it a lower rating than it should have. It maybe a mediocre port from PC, but on earth cares. It's the BEST multiplayer FPS on 360!
  12. AaronS.
    Jan 30, 2007
    One of the most frustrating campaign games ever! The multiplayer is ok, but objectives are unclear, and controls suck. There's much better games out there.
  13. KAPTSPALDING
    Feb 10, 2007
    absolutely great game if you enjoy being spawn camped by a bunch of guttless fags who cant get into the battle and earn there points the right way. bunch of cant play wannabes. i played this game on PC and it has 1000000 times more bs and spawn camping,etc than the pc version does. it might be fun if these gutless wonders would get out and actually fight rather than get a tank and sit onabsolutely great game if you enjoy being spawn camped by a bunch of guttless fags who cant get into the battle and earn there points the right way. bunch of cant play wannabes. i played this game on PC and it has 1000000 times more bs and spawn camping,etc than the pc version does. it might be fun if these gutless wonders would get out and actually fight rather than get a tank and sit on the enemies spawn points. what a joke.i think ea should make the game with a setting you can hit where it temprarly makes you invisible to the enemy for something like 10 seconds, that way you can at least get away from the spawn campers before they nail you. i can tell you this much, buying this or any othger combat style game from EA is a waste of money until they do somnething about thatr bullshit Expand
  14. JeffA.
    Apr 14, 2006
    If you buy this game for single player, Don't. Think of the game as Multiplayer only. Why EA isn't putting difficulty levels in games anymore is beyond me. In the first sniper mission you have 3 soliers that you "Hotswap" between. There are at least 25 or more enemy soldiers. While you are "Hotswapping" the soldiers on your team stand around like sitting ducks. I guess EA never If you buy this game for single player, Don't. Think of the game as Multiplayer only. Why EA isn't putting difficulty levels in games anymore is beyond me. In the first sniper mission you have 3 soliers that you "Hotswap" between. There are at least 25 or more enemy soldiers. While you are "Hotswapping" the soldiers on your team stand around like sitting ducks. I guess EA never heard of Team AI either. On top of a frustrating difficulty level and poor team AI the graphics are not good either. Even on a HDTV. A waste of $60 unless you play Live only. EA should have at least put effort into the Campaign. Expand
  15. MikeH.
    Apr 16, 2006
    The Single Player campaigne is lame..But playing online more than makes up for it. The graphics are great as well. The are a few glitches...like when a player dies and the characters arms get mangled or his eyes bulge out of his head...the shadows are jagged as well...but besides that, the game runs pretty smoothly online and provides hours of fun and entertainment.
  16. JohnM.
    Apr 19, 2006
    I would give it a 6 1/2 if it were possible. Don't even try the campaign mode. Buy this game for multiplayer purposes only. I have seen very few online problems, but they probably exist. Clearly the most fun online game for the 360 yet. GRAW online is fun and the graphics are far and away superior, but it just isn't as fun as B2MC online. Once again, disregard the campaign mode.
  17. Daz
    Apr 19, 2006
    SIngle player is just above average. Online on xbox live is AMAZING. If you like fps not quite as tactical as GRAW, then this might well be for you. Best of all - because of the dedicated serers provided by EA there is NO LAG.
  18. K
    May 15, 2006
    Slight lag for European gamers when playing against US players, and disaterous voice comms make this game almost unplayable. Pity, as when it works well, it is spectacular. So close, yet so far.
  19. AlexanderP.
    May 18, 2006
    The xBox Live is what makes this a really great game. pitting your wits against 24 players accross the world and trying to win - it's fab - I can't put it down.
  20. TonyC.
    Jun 17, 2006
    The game was meant for online it's single player maybe glitchy but it's online mode beats the unrealistic achievements set by Ghost Recon.
  21. JA
    Jun 25, 2006
    Worst enemy AI I've ever seen (they are omniscient, and focus exclusively on you despite your "allies" being more) AND worst ally AI I've ever seen (they either run into open and get killed, or stay so far behind the action as to make the vaunted "hotswapping" pointless).
  22. Peach
    Jun 9, 2006
    i have BF2MC for xbox and xbox360 and i think it is frickin awesome, but anyways the game is hands down my favorite game of all time...well at least until halo3 comes out.
  23. SimonP.
    Aug 29, 2006
    i had this game on the xbox aswell they took away the recoil when the tanks fire in the 360 version which im not happy about i dont think you should be able to see the person who shot you has the position when they killed you.as soon as you spawn you will obviously just go and kill them. with no xbox 360 marketplace downloadable content and no chance of new maps and people stuck in walls i had this game on the xbox aswell they took away the recoil when the tanks fire in the 360 version which im not happy about i dont think you should be able to see the person who shot you has the position when they killed you.as soon as you spawn you will obviously just go and kill them. with no xbox 360 marketplace downloadable content and no chance of new maps and people stuck in walls shooting you but you cant shoot them why didnt ea run a patch to stop this. Expand
  24. KevinF.
    Sep 25, 2006
    Must . . . put . . down . . . . controller!
  25. AdamP.
    Apr 22, 2007
    As many people have already mentioned the single player game is a joke so I'll not even say anymore about that. The multiplayer game is actually pretty good but it could have been so much better. Technically the game is OK, graphics are decent but I second all the comments made about graphical glitches. A big problem for those of us playing in Europe is the lag, I never really As many people have already mentioned the single player game is a joke so I'll not even say anymore about that. The multiplayer game is actually pretty good but it could have been so much better. Technically the game is OK, graphics are decent but I second all the comments made about graphical glitches. A big problem for those of us playing in Europe is the lag, I never really noticed this until I visited my friend in California and played the game there. If you play as a sniper you never really notice this because you get used to how much you need to aim off by, although quite often when playing in Europe I have shot someone with the sniper rifle and seen the red indication in the middle of the screen to confirm that I have hit them, yet I have not damaged them at all. When playing with weapons that are used at shorter ranges I noticed a massive difference in how the game played, I can confirm that the online game is far more enjoyable and also much easier when played in the states, probably explains why the leaderboards are dominated by Americans. Other issues that I personally think take away from the online play are...... 1)Showing the location of someone who killed you, they are either going to respawn and come after you in a tank or simply tell another member of their team where you are, this takes away from the fun of actually hiding. 2) The helicopters are far too resistant to gunfire and are armed with far too many rockets, coupled with the fact that a skillful player can dodge GTAMs and lazser sights it makes the helicopters far too powerful. It's not unusual to see a helicopter kill 50 people before being downed despite being subjected to constant gunfire, this is especially frustrating when you are left with only one place to spawn that has a circling helicopter destroying everything as it spawns. 3) The effective kill raduis of explosions is very inconsistent, enemy can see that you are capturing a flag and kill you by detonating c4 on the other side of the wall to where you are, yet I have put a 120mm shell into the ground near someones feet or a wall next to their head and I've not even damaged them! Despite its shortcomings the online game is still very enjoyable, hopefully in the next installment of battlefield these issues will be addressed and will get the awesome game that this could/should have been. Expand
  26. BenS.
    Jun 12, 2007
    Best on-line multiplayer ever made. Can't wait for the new batlefield. The single player mode blows.
  27. JoeM.
    Sep 18, 2007
    Single player was frankly awful, but one of the best multiplayer experiences the xbox 360 has to offer. Personally, I prefer the multiplayer of this title over the likes of GoW and Halo 2.
  28. Diesel360
    Apr 13, 2006
    The muklti-player is phenominal and well worth the cost of the game on its own. Its easy to get into and great fun for extended play sessions. Visuals are super w/ imprssive effects to boot. The vehicles rock, and the ragdoll physics are fun stuff. The servers that EA has set up, run this thing w/out a hitch, w/ only a rare frmerate issue or two and loading one map after another for veryThe muklti-player is phenominal and well worth the cost of the game on its own. Its easy to get into and great fun for extended play sessions. Visuals are super w/ imprssive effects to boot. The vehicles rock, and the ragdoll physics are fun stuff. The servers that EA has set up, run this thing w/out a hitch, w/ only a rare frmerate issue or two and loading one map after another for very short wait times between matches!!! It's tough to find online multi-player shooting much better than this. Expand
  29. BrynW.
    Apr 14, 2006
    Awesome multiplayer
  30. FPSMaster
    Apr 15, 2006
    How many crap ports will the 360 get before we see some new IPs or some new sequels altogether? Looks like maybe by next holiday season because this is yet another port of a game that had to be toned down from the PC version to begin with because it had to be made for the lowest common demoninator last gen, the PS2. The graphics are barely better than the Xbox version, which was barely How many crap ports will the 360 get before we see some new IPs or some new sequels altogether? Looks like maybe by next holiday season because this is yet another port of a game that had to be toned down from the PC version to begin with because it had to be made for the lowest common demoninator last gen, the PS2. The graphics are barely better than the Xbox version, which was barely better than the PS2 version. The extremely better PC version would run 3 times over on the 360, so why EA has to be lazy with yet another port is completely ridiculous and unfounded. New character and gun models with some new textures and a better draw distance do nothing if it's still jaggy as Hell and has PS2 pop-up and texture swapping on everything with the worst flickering shadows I've ever seen in a video game. On top of that, the entire game still has the blurry, overdone bloom effect that was designed to cover up weak graphics and draw distances last gen which is not needed this gen and looks just plain terrible now and makes making anything out at more than 10 feet impossible, including enemies. I guess that's why they left the red noob diamond over everyone in the game, including people on other sides of walls and tree lines that you shouldn't see anyway just to balance out the lazy programming. The SP is as boring as anything else I've ever played, and online comes down to a mass spawn camping battles to where you try to take a spawn away from the enemy while they are spawning...hence the mass spawn camping. Almost everytime you die or the enemy dies, it's in or close to where you or they spawned. This is ridiculous. Didn't we get enough spawn camping last gen in the Ghost Recon games? I guess not, because that is exactly what the online battles are exactly like, but this time with tanks and helicopters that never run out of ammo even though your rifle does. You'll always know where to find the enemy if you do get out of your spawn...where?...in their spawn. Why no deathmatch so people can actually move around the battlefield instead of being fed into bottlenecks that either get them sniped over and over or spawn camped 15 times in a row because you HAVE to go for preset areas? Which brings me to the spawn times...ungodly. Why do I have to wait 15 seconds sometimes to spawn, but others only 2 seconds? I'll tell you why. Because the game is constantly on a 15 second timer that constantly counts down to 0 then starts back over. Not only is this horrible when you keep getting spawn camped and have to keep respawning making you feel like you're sitting out more than playing, but it kills the pace of the game when the spawn you picked is taken over at 1 second on the timer so you now have to pick a new one which takes long enough that the timer has started back at 15 seconds and you lose a spawn and have to wait all over again...rinse and repeat. The sound from the announcer is way too loud making you have to turn down the sound entirely, the mic doesn't work most of the time so no one can hear each other and the shadows make enemies completely disappear so you get camped even more by a mysterious presence that you can never see. The lag is still there from last gen, so be prepared to take 2 steps back for every step foward everytime ANYTHING happens in the game, from a shot fired to something popping up on screen telling you who killed who. Pass this up, or get good at the game by making sure the enemy never leaves their spawn. Because this is exaclty what being a better player at this game boils down to, and being average means sitting out for 90% of the game trying to spawn and actually move. Battlefield: Mass Spawn Camping would be a better fitting title. Expand
  31. dragon
    Apr 29, 2006
    This game deserves a much better rating than posted. It's awesome because of the online play. The single player is just an added bonus. Don't buy it unless you plan to play online. One of the funnest games to play with your buddies.
  32. AamirM.
    May 23, 2006
    graphics may look pretty but boy is it absolute rubbish. the pc version is the best with more controls and better battlefield.
  33. Jac_GT
    Aug 29, 2006
    One of the best first shooters ever!!
  34. ItsNoGood
    Dec 24, 2009
    Best on-line FPS game I've ever seen. Character has total freedom of movement, including prone and jump actions. Aim, zoom & shoot like you are there. Weapons are realistic,and are easy to access, reload, & shoot. Team communication is outstanding. Enemy and Friendly players are easily identifiable. Maps are very well planned. Number of players per server is perfect. Unlike some of Best on-line FPS game I've ever seen. Character has total freedom of movement, including prone and jump actions. Aim, zoom & shoot like you are there. Weapons are realistic,and are easy to access, reload, & shoot. Team communication is outstanding. Enemy and Friendly players are easily identifiable. Maps are very well planned. Number of players per server is perfect. Unlike some of the complaints listed by others here, I personally LIKE the Sniper's GPS function, showing all enemy locations for your whole team to see, and the fact that your general location is revealed to the one you killed when he dies. It makes for good form, and requires a "sniper" to be skilled in relocating (or defending himself if he chooses to remain still). My suggestions for improvement: 1 Market the game better. It truly is the best FPS, and more folks would play it if they only knew that it is. That allows for more servers, thus allowing for more rank-separations. I play with 24/7 folks who probably live in their mothers' basements, who totally destroy me all the time, yet I rank down very slooooly. Finally, after many games, I down-rank straight from them to the very unskilled players that I totally destroy without even trying much. This results in VERY FAST up-ranks, again sending me back to the super-pros who in turn, totally destroy me for MANY more games to come. I'm not complaining too much though; it's really fun and addicting regardless of who is getting pwnd. 2 Open up CONQUEST servers for clan games. I think that the clan-oriented possibilities this would bring could be phenomenal, totally adding to the dynamics of this game's popularity! CTF can get very boring -especially with the half-maps. 3 Don't allow down-ranking for team killing. Jerks team-kill to get NEGATIVE PPH which gets them down-ranked quickly in order to be able to play with the unskilled. Rewarding them for killing teammates seems unfair to those who are getting team-killed. I won't do it -other than team-killing the team-killers! You should have the server's auto-kick a player at FOUR team-kills (regardless of positive points showing on the screen), allow for faster down-ranking when having lousy PPH, and allow for slower up-ranking for high PPH. 4 Replace the non-rank servers with controlled-rank servers which control the placement of both teams with a balanced number of low, medium, and high-rank players. I don't know if this idea is practical or possible, but that kind of diversity in a match would be real fun. Expand
  35. Mar 16, 2014
    This was a game I played a lot as a kid. When I saw it at Game Stop I thought "Hey! This game! I remember this game". When I played it, one thing was obvious, it hasn't aged well at all. The controls are f*cked and the aiming is all based on luck. I like the idea of switching between characters, although it made the game WAY easier because you have 10 people to take control of in mission,This was a game I played a lot as a kid. When I saw it at Game Stop I thought "Hey! This game! I remember this game". When I played it, one thing was obvious, it hasn't aged well at all. The controls are f*cked and the aiming is all based on luck. I like the idea of switching between characters, although it made the game WAY easier because you have 10 people to take control of in mission, that usually last 5-10 minutes. Verdict: Don't buy this game unless you played it as a kid, but then that isn't really advised. Expand

If there's a real argument for getting BF2MC for the 360 it's that the real heart of the game -- its online multiplayer -- feels so at home on a machine that treats going online as second nature.
  2. While Modern Combat does offer some amount of charm with its highly produced interludes and its slick unit-switching mechanism, ultimately this multiplayer-focused military shooter falls short of its promise with design flaws in its campaign and clunky vehicle handling. The obvious graphical enhancements for the Xbox 360 do add something to the overall package, though.
  3. If you’re looking for a chess match, you’ll probably be disappointed by what’s instead feels like the kind of war game you played with toy soldiers as a kid in the backyard - lots of bodies flying around willy-nilly and lying face first in the dirt.