5.6

1. Jul 6, 2012
    Was disappointed with this DLC on the 360. I knew this was supposed to be fast-paced infantry based gameplay, but in my opinion it just didn't hit the mark. Wish I hadn't bothered wasting my money on it. I wasn't impressed with the visuals (from what I saw) although to be fair I didn't play for that long. BF just doesn't do this type of game play as good as COD. My tip. Don't bother.
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    Its does a very good job at what it claims to do, that is fast paced intense gun play. And it's nice to dip into every now and then for a change of pace, but its not why i play Battlefield. Mindless run and gun is COD's area of expertise. Also the map scrap metal has very little destruction as per Battlefields claim to fame.
  3. Mar 27, 2013
    I like that they've brought out a close quarters pack in this game. These maps are very small and tight so the action is very fast even with 16 plays and you will end up running into enemies throughout and you should try throwing C4s over the flags sometimes. However, 1200 MS Points is a rip off for small maps especially in Battlefield and I'm sure they weren't difficult to make. TheyI like that they've brought out a close quarters pack in this game. These maps are very small and tight so the action is very fast even with 16 plays and you will end up running into enemies throughout and you should try throwing C4s over the flags sometimes. However, 1200 MS Points is a rip off for small maps especially in Battlefield and I'm sure they weren't difficult to make. They introduced Gun Master, it's a good game, but in Battlefield 3 it has 3 problems: I know Battlefield is about team work but Gun Master is not a team game and is absolutely not appropriate for team, it doesn't hurt to take out teams. I don't like that the winning kill is the knife, should be XBOW. This is not Call of Duty were you can simply run up to people and knife them dead in 1 swing. And the most important problem is that it puts you on games in progress even on Gun Master, even if the top player has not progressed far, it would still be too difficult to catch up because you did not play from the start and it's just not right or fair, DICE did not think about this. So, the weapons from assignments that comes with this expansion are great and an important add on to gameplay, Conquest has been altered to flag-capture faster but Gun Master is pretty screwed up. Scrap Metal is fun, and so is Ziba Tower, but it would of been much better if it was put in nighttime, Operation 925 is good and I don't like Donya Fortress. Instead of Donya Fortress, they should of done a really big close-quarters map, where it is still close up like these, but really big and has a lot more players. Expand
  4. Jun 26, 2012
    Like so many others the quality of this dlc plays 2nd place to the business model adopted by EA. Battlefield 2 was a great game. Battlefield 3 has become a cash cow. The customer buys the game.. pays for xbox live membership... now they have to pay to rent a server...EA having no respect for their customers. Its s short sighted business model. I wont be buying this. I wont be buyingLike so many others the quality of this dlc plays 2nd place to the business model adopted by EA. Battlefield 2 was a great game. Battlefield 3 has become a cash cow. The customer buys the game.. pays for xbox live membership... now they have to pay to rent a server...EA having no respect for their customers. Its s short sighted business model. I wont be buying this. I wont be buying another battlefield game. Collapse

1. Jul 24, 2012
    A finely constructed distraction for BF fans, but won't hold their attention for long. [Sept 2012, p.101]
    A high-speed change of pace. [Aug 2012, p.117]
  3. Jun 27, 2012
    Sadly, Close Quarters is a perfect example of a "Call of Duty wannabe". This is a carbon copy of the popular FPS, disguised as a simple DLC. Even the game modes are the same. The lack of original ideas is sad, but it isn't enough to crush a good experience. The maps are interesting and if you're looking for something different from the original (and awesome) Battlefield gameplay, you could give it a try.