5.6

1. Aug 3, 2012
    This is a fantastic expantion to the game. Die hard large scale battlefield players might be dissapointed, but the number one game type played online are small scale battles. BF3 players have voted over whelmingly for these types of maps based on the games they play. EA and DICE have delivered what the majority of players wanted and did it a million times better then any COD game.
  2. Jun 17, 2012
    For a themed expansion this hits the nail on the head. With close quarters you recive four new maps and ten new weapons. The maps themself are very well done, clean and tactical ( if you have a squad or buddies that run with you.) If your like me and fly solo for the most part its still very enjoyable. The problems with the previous small maps that BF3 has where its very tight areas and only three ways to get there is not a problem with CQ. With many flanking routes upper and lower areas and the mini map not giving away your position if your on a different floor you can flank and outflank the other team. A lot of people have been worried about the lower number of players (16) on the CQ game modes but its not an issue at all. The maps have outstanding flow and are set up for combat you will butt heads with the other team.The maps are much bigger then you would think also its not all corner camping and claymores. So feel free to get that 8x scope out and enjoy. Next I will touch on the premium service. I have it myself and think its worth it. Think of it more as a subscription where you get everything that is BF3 execpt for skill. If you dont have Back to Karkand yet its even more of a value at 10$ a map pack. If not then it averages out to be about 13$ for CQ and the next three to yet be released. Still a value. So if you plan on owning them all this is the way to go. If not then I sugest to pick and choose which ones you think you'll like. If I had to give Premium a score I would give it a 8 out of 10 for value and fun little stuff like camo, weapon camo, videos (which can be found on YouTube shortly after release) server priority and monthly events to take part in. So if you plan on having BF3 live inside your xbox like it does mine hit premium up you won't be disappointed. Expand

1. Jul 24, 2012
    A finely constructed distraction for BF fans, but won't hold their attention for long. [Sept 2012, p.101]
    A high-speed change of pace. [Aug 2012, p.117]
  3. Jun 27, 2012
    Sadly, Close Quarters is a perfect example of a "Call of Duty wannabe". This is a carbon copy of the popular FPS, disguised as a simple DLC. Even the game modes are the same. The lack of original ideas is sad, but it isn't enough to crush a good experience. The maps are interesting and if you're looking for something different from the original (and awesome) Battlefield gameplay, you could give it a try.